Hydra Event at MafiaUniverse

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Hydra Event at MafiaUniverse

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Syndicate! I received the following PM from Thingyman earlier this morning:
Thingyman wrote:Hi MP! :)

Due to popular demand, I'm organizing a hydra event for all communities that want to participate. The Syndicate is most definitely invited to send hydras, if they so wish :). Actually, it seems that Golden and JaggedJimmyJay have already snagged a spot, but you can def send more hydras.

Feel free to share with the community if you like the idea:

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... Event-2016
Would anyone else be interested in this thang?

I personally can't wait to see GoldenJimmyJay in action. :feb:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Hydra Event at MafiaUniverse

Post by Ricochet »

Only if with Vompatti.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vompatti »

wut / i dunno k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Com'oooon, let's do it. :nicenod:

Consider it your warm-up for next year's Champies.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

woudld i have to reigigister somewhehre ,q.m.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

On that website in the link, ys.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It is accomplished.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can't wait to watch Rico/Vomps... good job signing up both of you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You'll all soon regret it.

Pretty sure Vomps will just absorb me in his bloodstream and then continue on his own, though.
Thingyman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Thingyman »

TY MP!

And nice, very excited to see both pairs here so far :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Here's what that's going to look like:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not done with individual reads on D2 voters and it's 2:30am, but here is a first half of prepared post that I can publish for now, to get discussion started.

"So I'd say the best path to figure things further is to look into the votes that influenced MM's lynch. Not to say I wouldn't embrace correlating both lynches or ISO'ing, but honestly I haven't managed to look into that just yet (as for the latter, as far as I'm concerned, at a current roster of 30-something, noooooooooope). Besides, I think the prospect of losing a second teammate should in theory have buzzed a few alarms among the Nanmans - granted, they've now been reduced merely to the same number as the other mafia team and still seem the stronger one on paper*, so maybe "alarm" is a strong word at this point, but I think there's cause to look at potential players who either might have attempted to steer the train away from MM, either trust his odds, let him have his duel and distance themselves from all of it.

*this also reminds me to point out the incapacitator within their ranks. Admist the D2 absentees, there have been a couple of significant names: I'd say INH probably ranks as the likeliest target, particularly given his prefect anointment - he didn't exactly have a marvellous activity on D1 either, but still... - which is something I noticed a few people, when they expressed their disdain at his inactivity, never bring up or consider; other prisoners could have been Dunny or leetic, I suppose; then there are the near or complete inactives (SVS, rabbit8 back then, Soneji), but I find it hard to imagine what would the incapacitator have gained from targeting them.

As you will see below, MM was constantly in pole position and the odds of him escaping a duel spot altogether seemed generally remote, but I do spot a few pressure points when the tally was close. At vote value, I find that timmer and Golden look the worst, for narrowing the distance between MM and the other wagons, plus, in fact, voting the other wagons. A third player to have done in principle the same would be DisgruntledPorcupine - late EoD, but poll was still an hour away from closing, so not inconceivable for things to have changed - however I'll let you gaze on your own at the inscrutable nature of his glorious single, unreasoned, un-anything vote post.

Here's how the tally evolved yesterDay. (Asterisks in front of a voting player means that they've self-voted, which was an interesting trend to note).
Voter10 votes9 votes8 votes7 votes6 votes5 votes4 votes3 votes2 votes1 vote
Simon*---------JaggedJimmyJay, Simon
Scotty---------Dom, MM, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon
Jan--------MMDom, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
DFaraday-------MMDomJaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
DDL------MM-DomJaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Russ, Turnip
Quin-----MM-Dom-JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Russ, Turnip
Mac-----MM-DomRussDunny, JaggedJimmyJay, Simon, Turnip
Dom-----MM-DomRussDFaraday, Dunny, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Ninja-----MM-DomRussDFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
BWT*-----MM-DomRussBWT, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
timmer-----MMDomRuss-BWT, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Nerolunar-----MMDomRussBWTDFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
Bass*----MM-DomRussBWTBass, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
Bull*----MM-DomRussBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, timmer, Turnip
JJJ----MM-Dom, Russ-BWT, timmerBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, Sig, Simon, Turnip
MP----MM-Dom, RusstimmerBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Sorsha*----MM-Dom, RusstimmerBWTBass, Bull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha,Turnip
Spacedaisy----MM-Dom, RussBWT,timmerBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Elohcin---MM-RussDomBWT, timmerBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Golden---MMRuss-Dom, timmerBWTBassBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Sorsha, Turnip
Glorfindel---MMRussDomtimmerBWTBass, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Sig, Simon, Turnip
Turnip--MM-RussDomtimmerBWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Simon, Turnip
LoRab*--MM-RussDomtimmerBWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, Simon, Turnip
DP--MMRuss-Dom, timmer-BWTBass, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, Jan, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
Boomslang-MM-Russ-Dom, timmer-BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
nutellaMM--RusstimmerDom-BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
MMMM-Russ-Dom, timmer--BWTBass, Jan, Sig, SorshaBull, DFaraday, Dunny, Glorfindel, Golden, INH, JaggedJimmyJay, leetic, LoRab, nutella, sig, Simon, Turnip
I finished my notes after all and will leave them here for discussion, but off to bed soon. Picking it up tomorrow.

D2 voters' sentiments about MM being sent to duel or not + any side remarks on their activity I might have right now

Simon: nothing on MM, in fact nothing except a few daily posts on treating the duel as fun and poking at JJJ; somewhat, I doubt we'll see posts of a different caliber from him, maybe throughout this entire game. However, there is one post (actually, two) that made me wonder if Simon is the "candid" type of player. I'd rank him null based on his actual activity, but gut tells me slight town for the latter detail, for some reason.

Scotty: voted early and approved of MM being lynched, even for WIFOM reasons; later on, while voteless, embraced the idea of a timmer lynch, but didn't mellow from his actual nominations either; I have no pings from him noted down; not inclined to auto-civ-cred him for surviving Duel 1, due to second mafia, indies, recruits, i.e. the whole "thread carefully in your civreads" package - in fact, I think he (or was it DDL?) made the same point at one time, which is right up my alley of skepticism

Jan: fairly unreasoned vote for MM; early timing of his vote doesn't really exonerate him imo: if he's on a team in which both Wilgy and MM are bantzing around, he could easily have said "hell naw". Right now, I'm not inclined to raise the red card for his voting language ("want to see X gone", "want to see how X flips"), nor play the "he would be informed by teammates how things run" given how he tripped into thinking the messenger's read on JJJ was genuine, then 'scumplay'. Strange behaviour nonetheless, I'd definitely like to see more focus and get better vibes.

DF: gained more attention for his Dom vote/reasoning, rather than MM, which can arguably be defined as "following JJJ's case". As a teamie, his votes would be nothing but buss (and an early ticket at that, as well), but it's about as tinfoilable as Jan's above, so hard to judge. Null.

DDL: idem, early vote, "JJJ's case sound goods", won't/can't-read-further-into-MM attitude. The fact that he initiated Russ' wagon is a note-to-self in case depending on Dom's flip, perhaps. [Otherwise, I noted down a couple of pings of him using so much paranoia talk during D1, plus some mention he made D2 about there being a bulletproof serial killer. Did he mean the indy leader? How is he SK until the Turbans are eliminated? Otherwise, wat. Still, insignificant notes right now.]

Quin: also part of the push-MM forward quartet, with a slightly more polished reasoning (MM being defensive towards JJJ, not scumhunting). Later, out-of-the-blue voteless support for a nutella lynch slightly makes my nose twitch. No formed read on him, otherwise.

Mac: declared disapproval for both MM and Dom as current wagons, pushes Russ (MM's ultimatel opponent) forward. Sticks out right now, for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't be Mac if it weren't tricksy to read into it. THM Mac has me thinking he would not buss a teammate without first creating some antagonism/distance; GoC Mac has me thinking he would not only not buss a teammate, but also rub defense in our faces ... (huh, have I never played with civ Mac?). I can't quite get a read on what this here looks like, but it sure correlates with MM's own interest to duel Russ and a halt in MM going forward as the pick-of-the-day. General thoughts are maybe best for a separate entry, but in short: I don't have issues with him using meta or baiting/poking to read, but his pokes so far are just that, pokes, plus he's civread a confirmed mafia so far and an equally sketchy player (Dom), so I'm inclined to utter the words "Mac looks civ" for the moment.

Dom: first in the sequence to sideline completely; no stance on MM and Russ (his counterwagons at that time, or in general), which tells me he was either too focused on No U'ing his opponents, didn't care one bit about the wagon topics or himself being one or couldn't actually do something about himself or a teammate wagon, in case MM is his teammate. As for general read, time is short now and it's maybe best for a separate enty, but in short, my reaction is constantly "kill it with fire". We've just caught bantz duo Wilgy and MM, I don't get why Gimmick Man here should get BTOD.

Ninja: more sidelining, but of the uninformed / no-time-to-ketchup kind

Birdwithteeth: self-voter and sideliner / no-time-to-ketchupkind

timmer: no-time-to-ketchup/apologetic voter, however votes for MM's counter-wagons. His ISO is too opaque to discern how much he would have been willing to risk or not aiding MM or whether it's just a huge omelette that landed on his face, but all in all his votes are no doubt total blergh.

Nerolunar: principled votes on random voters, nothing in regards to any of the main wagons. There's nothing about this to tilt the needle in a particular direction - his reaction to timmer's vote would stand out as better compared to BWT's, but it could have been such an easy "hiss" for civs and mafia alike to make, in light of timmer's move. I have two pings on his D1 "I see a lot of discussion and that's good" remark (though he did admit intentionally staying UTR) and his pick on Glorfindel's use of "friendly" was very weaksauce. Definitely on my shortlist of "want to see more and improved".

Bass: self-vote and MM (first vote to start pushing him forward again in a long sequence); my real-time reaction to his vote post was a ping, because he suddenly switch from being active and testing a few leads to dropping some votes, one of which for the main wagon and the other completely harmless/pointless in the equation of generating a second duel candidate; not to mention that, to add to the disappointment, it happened right after someone (Mac?) noted that Bass can tend to appear active at first, then drop the ball. So yeah, not his finest moment. My feelings on Bass have fluctuated a lot during my spectating: he pinged me at first with his sidelined, unreasoned prefect choices, plus he gave me the vibe of being too active and wordy - then made me feel bad, as he declared his intent to participate more - then gave me a real good vibe with his stance to not make out of lynching inactives a main dish (D1, I think) - then I'd say his D2 feels... lukewarm.

Bullzeye: self-voter and... nothing else. No impact.

JJJ: he dead.

MP: declared dissident to the main wagons, except for the one brewing on timmer. Could find it understandable, given his open, detailed reasoning, even if not on the same page (especially re:Dom). Not convinced of his angle on nutella either, but I didn't get any knitting vibe from that case-making either. If there's one gripe I have so far, it's his use of "CFD" terminology and lobbying. a) I know MP has experienced on foreign/"traditional" forums, but I can't say or don't recall actually having played a game with him embracing a CFD as the option-to-go-with for a lynch phase; b) his call to CFD timmer (and then nutella) is slightly questionable both as timing (poll was still hours ahead of concluding) and format (MP having reasoned / made cases on them being suspicious, so why the shout out for them to be burned CFD-style, which is more of a spontaneous EoD bait method), if not for the tally required (i.e. both timmer and/or nutella needing a lot of votes to change the outcome of the main wagons). I admit I may be reading too much into it, but something about the "hey guys here is my case on X, now how about he CFD da hell out of him" phrasing gave me the wrong vibe, at least as far as using CFD as motive or lobby goes.

Sorsha: self-voted and picked on the absent prefect out of principle; fair and square, but still sidelining from any meaningful attempt to shape the duel. Speaking of meaningful, I must confess I disliked Sorsha's D1 tactic profoundly (probably on the same level as JJJ did, in direct interaction with her): taking it easy on keeping up with the events is one thing, but bantering your way through the process of voting, reasoning, rebuting and such... Instant dislike, at least from someone like me.

Spacedaisy: no-time-to-ketchup mode, voted the self-voters who did more than self-vote... errok :shrug:

Elohcin: voted MM and Russ, mentioned liking JJJ's case on MM, but no prior mention of Russ; might be interested in a Dom-flips-bad-storyline, in regards to her vote pushing Russ ahead. As for simple vibes, I have none on her so far.

Golden: same situation as timmer, although more reasoned in his action: either eggsplashed by MM's flip or considered there is room to wiggle and actively try to pull MM out of dueling spots; clear dissident of MM as a wagon, needless to say. As for his reads - while I understand the UTR-mode during his Finals - I get too much "I don't agree with ... being bad" and too little "I myself find ... bad". Not quite sure what kind of Golden tactic this is and how to fully read it, but I'd rather have the civ-vibe-giving Golden instead, regardless of the rhythm, pace and intensity it's provided: reads, debating, risk-taking.

Glorfindel - voted Dom and Sorsha, going with ping on former, retroactive on latter; doesn't stand out as someone who addressed / was cognizant of the other wagon topics

Turnip - voted MM and sig; honestly, if there would be a third spot on the WIFOM carousel, Turnip would definitely cross my mind, becuase of how much he openly bantzed with MM, but idk, his suspicion on MM appears early during D2, could easily be a vibe turned into a vote. I'd inquire why he picked sig over timmer, given that he labelled both as "soft defenders of MM". It's too 3am to consider ISO'ing Turnip in full right now.

LoRab - sideliner, no ketchup whatsoever, self-voted + leetic; sort of did a variation of Ninja's "voting two players with same letter" stunt, but that's just a curio. There's absolutely nothing to extract from this, at the very minimum I recall her working on small vibes to reason votes, so I imagined she'd make the same decision regardless of alignment.

DP - does what DP does; still notable that he voted inside the main wagons

Boomslang - voted a suspect he developed his own case on (Jan), plus MM (content with case developed by others on him). At this point, it can only be buss or bust, in case any late voter is an MM teammate. Boomslang's votes and reasoning don't translate super well from D1 (voted MM to TH "because they wanted to duel") to D2, but idk, small vibration on the radar so far.

Nutella - voted MM (long time suss) and timmer (for his votes). Overall, I understand the type of case and skepticism that MP tried to convey towards nutella's activity, but I'm not getting the same vibe at the moment. She is right to say that her waffleness has gotten her in trouble in the past (*raises hand*), compared to which she might feel able to make a more determined or focus effort this time. Again, I know and have felt the sensation of crafted / baked contributive activity in the past, I can't say I'm reading nutella as such at the moment. Needless to say, this is huge distancing from MM, in case she's a teamie, but I'll either reevaluate later if necessary or treat it as genuine.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Randomized and got myself.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'll delegate Voopy with that part.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

:haha:

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh man, I can't wait to see what havoc is wreaked with GoldenJimmyJay and Vompochet. They will be so different yet both so chaotically awesome. Thanks for representing our site, you four! :beer:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Vompochet sounds like a molester out of inspiration for aliases.

:SVS:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Vompochet sounds like a molester out of inspiration for aliases.

:SVS:
:haha:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nervous Horse has been slotted, we start October 3rd.

There is a Marco in our game, ayyy. Don't know / remember WAD, tho. Also, is Jan the same Jan who joined here?

Don't know the rest of the field.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden and I need to come up with a hydra name. Something like "GoldenJimmyJay" sounds too obvious. I think we can do better. I will consult with my people. I have people for this.

Looking forward to following the bizarre combination that is Nervous Horse. :nicenod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Goldama.

You're welcome and you can fire your staff now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I could do Goldama

Or "We talk to much"

Or perhaps we should be team POE :haha: :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:I could do Goldama

Or "We talk to much"

Or perhaps we should be team POE :haha: :haha:
ProcessOfExhortation

:eek:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote: Or perhaps we should be team POE :haha: :haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'll let you pick, Jay. Do you mind telling Thingy?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:I'll let you pick, Jay. Do you mind telling Thingy?
Sure I can do that. JJJrulesGoldendrools it is. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

There's a Jay Gold member in the game Golden and Jay are playing. RIP game comprehension.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I love that Vompichet is called Nervous Horse. That's the best.

I absolutely have to spectate these. I'll start a spectator chat. Someone remind me if it's not immediate.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I seriously don't know how much expectations one should put into Nervous Horse's game. The best part is that Voopy will be Voopy, but I'm at 10% intent and stamina to play this full Rico, especially if it'll prove hard to keep up. Only my own incorrigibility might influence me to push harder.

Return to “The Lounge”