Moderator on Duty - An Open Discussion

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 4

Moderator on Duty - An Open Discussion

Post by Spacedaisy »

Greetings Syndicate members! Lately there has been a great deal of discussion among both the Administration team and the Ambassadors as to the Moderator on Duty function. I'm here to clarify this position and its purpose as well as to open it to discussion of the forum members for input.

First off it should be said that The Syndicate was founded on the idea that we needed an active moderation team. In the past, we had experiences where there were problems, but mods were not able to become involved until an actual report of abuse was filed. And then it was approached as whether or not to punish one of the parties. Let's be honest with ourselves, players are not likely to use a reporting function. Often, they are more likely to just quit than to do what might be perceived as "tattling" in their mind. We saw that this passive method was not an effective manner of running a mafia site. Instead we developed the idea of what we call active moderation. The intention is for a Mod on Duty to be assigned to each game and to be following along a game in the same manner as a player. When signs of trouble emerge, it is the duty of the Mod to reach out to the player(s) involved and check in with them, make sure they are ok and see if there is any further action required. We all know mafia can become an intense game. We all get involved in the game and we are accused of being liars, scum, baddies, etc. Then we lose our cool and get frustrated. It is the Mod's job to watch for these signs and help intercede before it gets out of control and we blow up in thread. Let me be clear, we are not in the business of censoring. Even punishment is reserved for the most severe cases. We allow as much freedom as we can on this site, with only certain obvious restrictions.

Now, for this to work it still requires players to utilize it to the fullest. When in game, we need players to use that Mod as their vent. When they are emotionally charged up about something they can PM the Mod on Duty and tell them what they are upset about and why. The Mod will listen, discuss it and if needed they will arbitrate between the involved players. Sometimes it will require removing it from the game context and helping both sides to simply see where the other is coming from. It is our belief that most disagreements between players are born out of miscommunication and misunderstanding. So it may in the more difficult cases fall to the Mod to help facilitate understanding between players. The more often we have emotional outbursts in game, the more enjoyment gets sucked out of the game for all players involved. When there is personal conflict, we should keep it out of the thread as a whole and take it to a Mod. That is why we have them. This is not so that someone can be punished, but so that we can actually resolve conflict and promote a stronger community by understanding each other better and ultimately having more respect for each other when the day is done. So we would ask, in those moments when you are so pissed about what someone has said or done, PM the Mod before you post anything else. Don't bring it into the game thread. Bad emotions spread like wildfire, and they tear a community apart. People start taking sides and it becomes a huge mess. Instead, take it to a mod with the purpose of getting it resolved. They will do whatever they can to help, I promise you that.

Also, don't be surprised or offended if you get a PM at some point from a Mod, "just checking in." This probably is because what they saw in thread made them concerned that you might be getting upset on a personal level and they want to be sure there that everything is ok and to see if there was anything they could do to help. This is not any kind of slap on the wrist or what have you, this is just a Mod being active in their duties to ensure everyone is still having fun and that there are no problems. Punishment is never the purpose of the Mod on Duty. Or of our Admin team as a whole to be honest with you.

Not only can the Mod serve to arbitrate between two players, they can also serve as a support structure for our hosts. Hosts spend a great deal of time creating their games in hopes of providing the players with an enjoyable experience. While in the midst of running the game, they tend to receive the most complaints too. This can be a very discouraging thing. I have been a host and inevitably at some point in the game I always find myself asking why I am even doing this, because the voices of those who are unhappy about something are much louder than the voices of those who are enjoying themselves. The Mod can help deal with the dissatisfied players, freeing up the host to focus on the mechanics and writing of their game. They also can help to answer questions to the best of their knowledge. They also help hosts at the start of their games to make sure they are ready and the game's parameters have been clearly detailed so that all the players know what they are getting into and the game runs as smoothly as possible. Finally, if a dispute arises between a player and the host, the mod can serve to arbitrate those disagreements as well.

To sum it up, if you experience any of the problems these are the steps you should go through:
1) PM the Moderator on Duty.
2) Take a breather from the thread.
3) Talk to the Mod. All of them are pretty swell people.

That is the intent of the Mod on Duty function. We would ask you the members to share your thoughts on it as well to let us know if you think it is so far successful or unsuccessful. And what improvements might you suggest?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Moderator on Duty - An Open Discussion

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for this, Daisy! I am very intrigued as to feedback regarding the MoD function, and I hope that this thread informs others of this function as well, since we do not have a thread designated to it prior to this one. Although this is a function I've not seen at any other mafia community, and it is one that I think makes our site unique, I personally believe we have yet to take full advantage of it, so I hope we can continue to improve it with all of your feedback. :)

I, for one, recognize that I have been terrible at times, particularly lately, at counting to five before posting in the thread when I get upset, so I intend on making every effort possible to avoid this in the future, and instead to walk away and take advantage of the MoD.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Personally, whenever somebody asks me why I'm upset it's no better than throwing gasoline on an oil fire. For some reason it always pisses me off more, and somebody tapping me on the shoulder would make it worse. If I want to talk to somebody about something, then I'll find somebody.

So my 2 cents, somebody asking me how I feel like an armchair psychologist would exacerbate the problem for me. But that's just me. A few bolts loosened up and fell out quite some time ago, so I'm sure I dont tick quite the same way as you guys do.

Perhaps the mod on duty should have a list, that all the players in a game can opt into, which would essentialyl be a "fuck off" order. If they opt in, the mod on duty will not check in with them when observing certain circumstances, but the player can still contact the mod. So me for instance? I'd opt in every time. If I have a problem I'll come get you. Otherwise leave me alone.

Also, mechanically this is a good idea. Hosts normally have a tidal wave of PM's to deal with everyday, and having a filter to sift through the stuff that is really a personal problem would help out greatly. Games would probably be easier to run with somebody to absorb all the player complaints, and only give the important stuff to the actual host.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:Personally, whenever somebody asks me why I'm upset it's no better than throwing gasoline on an oil fire. For some reason it always pisses me off more, and somebody tapping me on the shoulder would make it worse. If I want to talk to somebody about something, then I'll find somebody.

So my 2 cents, somebody asking me how I feel like an armchair psychologist would exacerbate the problem for me. But that's just me. A few bolts loosened up and fell out quite some time ago, so I'm sure I dont tick quite the same way as you guys do.

Perhaps the mod on duty should have a list, that all the players in a game can opt into, which would essentialyl be a "fuck off" order. If they opt in, the mod on duty will not check in with them when observing certain circumstances, but the player can still contact the mod. So me for instance? I'd opt in every time. If I have a problem I'll come get you. Otherwise leave me alone.

Also, mechanically this is a good idea. Hosts normally have a tidal wave of PM's to deal with everyday, and having a filter to sift through the stuff that is really a personal problem would help out greatly. Games would probably be easier to run with somebody to absorb all the player complaints, and only give the important stuff to the actual host.
You are much different then I in that respect, and I think that's a beautiful thing.

I know I get heated from time-to-time, and if that does occur, the best thing to help me overcome it is someone tapping me on the shoulder and reminding me "Hey, this game isn't all about you, think about the others."

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:Personally, whenever somebody asks me why I'm upset it's no better than throwing gasoline on an oil fire. For some reason it always pisses me off more, and somebody tapping me on the shoulder would make it worse. If I want to talk to somebody about something, then I'll find somebody.

As a moderator, I think that this might be a good idea. In future games, I may have players do this for me. A do not contact list would be a good thing to have... though I have contacted players to try and get the full story on an issue that someone else has brought up to me. I must ask-- how would you feel about that? I like the discussion that has been garnered already!

I know the MoD function has not been fully utilized in all games, and that has been, in part, due to a lack of commitment from the moderators. I know I could be more actively moderating games that I have been MoD for.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

To be honest though, sometimes you have to contact people who don't want to be contacted. I don't really like the idea of a "mod immunity" list, because then when you have to confront someone about something, they are going to be all "I SAID DON'T CONTACT ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Golden »

My experience is that there is nothing more difficult as a mafia player than not understanding the mod system. It can lead to trying to resolve things in the thread or, even worse, in illegal btsc - both of which I have done in the early days of my mafia career when I didn't understand how a mod system worked and both of which cause big issues.

I think the way Daisy describes it is very fair, and is the way it should be - people should understand that being contacted does not mean they have done anything wrong, but that the mods are there to look after the site and make sure no feelings get hurt. I agree with llama in that I don't think there should be an opt out list for moderation - the mods have a job to do and they need to feel like they can do it without constraint.

We all have the ability to be a bit of an asshat sometimes in the stressful game that is mafia. I think it's great that there is a system to deal with it constructively - the other alternative is people quitting the game and quitting the site, which is not a good outcome at all. I really support the mods doing all they can to keep the site a civil and caring place. So far, my time at the Syndicate has felt exactly like that, and it's great.

I think the mod as support for the host is a really good idea - especially when it's just a solo host. And knowing who is the Mod on Duty in each game would be very useful too, I know this is done sometimes already.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

thellama73 wrote:To be honest though, sometimes you have to contact people who don't want to be contacted. I don't really like the idea of a "mod immunity" list, because then when you have to confront someone about something, they are going to be all "I SAID DON'T CONTACT ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
I said the mod just shouldnt check in with people who are on that list. If you have to contact them as a result of another player entirely then that's where the line is.

Just saying, if I dont get to be on an opt out list, i am highly likely to hurt the mods feelings if I'm already cooking. The mod wouldnt be very good at helping other people then would he?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
thellama73 wrote:To be honest though, sometimes you have to contact people who don't want to be contacted. I don't really like the idea of a "mod immunity" list, because then when you have to confront someone about something, they are going to be all "I SAID DON'T CONTACT ME, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
I said the mod just shouldnt check in with people who are on that list. If you have to contact them as a result of another player entirely then that's where the line is.

Just saying, if I dont get to be on an opt out list, i am highly likely to hurt the mods feelings if I'm already cooking. The mod wouldnt be very good at helping other people then would he?
Oh I see what you're saying.

The MoD is supposed to be, as far as I know, as hands-off the game as possible. If none of the players are getting agitated or bothered, then the MoD's task is a pretty simple one, and he will seem nonexistent to the thread.

Also, I have never seen an instance of it, but if there is ever an issue that might escalate between a host and a player, the MoD is the perfect mediator for this situation. If there was not a MoD, then it would essentially be up to the game host to handle that situation, and that isn't guaranteed to be fair for all parties.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think that if you can't be approached by a mod without lashing out at them, that's a problem.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

thellama73 wrote:I think that if you can't be approached by a mod without lashing out at them, that's a problem.
Can't wait to play mafia with you. I'll never be able to explain a read without it being misunderstood.

previous posts as context, when somebody asks me why im pissed off, it makes it worse.
not being able to opt-out of mod intervention will ensure they ask me why im pissed off if I get angry.
they reach out to me, and it makes the problem worse.
I tell the mod to go fuck themselves kindly.
mod catches feelings when all they had to do was leave me alone and my problem wouldve resolved itself eventually.

See what I'm getting at here?

now, if I opt out? none of that happens. but even if I opt out, and I make somebody else angry, they talk to the mod. Mod is justifiably allowed to reach out to me despite opting out, in order to tell me to can it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just want to say that I recognize my shortcomings as a mod in the past. I've had a couple times I have lost my cool in the thread when I should have taken a step back and let myself calm down before posting. And I have not always been active and present enough as mod myself. I am fully committed to this process in the future.

I get what you are saying gamer guy. I will say this, I would prefer someone freak out on our mods behind the scenes than lose their cool in thread. But as a mod I won't approach you unless needed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Spacedaisy wrote:I get what you are saying gamer guy. I will say this, I would prefer someone freak out on our mods behind the scenes than lose their cool in thread. But as a mod I won't approach you unless needed.
Yeah that makes sense too. I just think that making it mandatory and unavoidable would get annoying for some people. Like you ever had a bad day at work and somebody from HR comes to talk about how you're feeling and you see em coming and are just like "Fucking great"? I feel like not being able to opt out of it would make it feel like that.

I'm probably the only person around here that would flip shit if contacted by a mod about muh feelings in the middle of a game, but like I said I have a few loose bolts. Anger issues and flip of a switch mood shifts. I'd be a vocal minority from this stance and not much else.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:I'm probably the only person around here that would flip shit if contacted by a mod about muh feelings in the middle of a game
Could I PM you and tell you I don't give a shit about your feelings instead? :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In all seriousness, folks, let the mod on duty take your punches. When we're on duty, we aren't in the thick of it, and we aren't worked up. We can be fierce in a game, sure, but when we're modding, we are tame and want to help everyone (the host included!) have a good time.

It helps us if you drop us a line to let us know you are pissed: Even if you don't need us to do anything about it. Even if you only want to use all the profanity, know that what you say to a mod is private. Relieve that pressure.

You know that tirade you're writing in which you call your enemy a total bitch and threaten to quit the game? Go ahead and write it. Seriously. Just send it to the mod instead of posting it. We'll be the only one to see it.

Then go work in your garden. Have a drink. Or escape to a video game. Or play your flute to lure all the children in the city to your secret lair. Whatever it is you do to refrain from publicly losing your shit. We don't judge.

Then come back. The game will still be here. So will the mod, who will ask you how many children you captured and if it eased your mind any. The mod isn't here to make you feel rotten about getting pissed; the mod is here to help you avoid feeling rotten later on because you pissed off someone else and said some shit you can never take back.

So come on. Punch me. Punch me in the face.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Epignosis wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:I'm probably the only person around here that would flip shit if contacted by a mod about muh feelings in the middle of a game
Could I PM you and tell you I don't give a shit about your feelings instead? :grin:
That would probably make me feel better because it would get a laugh out of me lol.

By all means.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Very well put Epi, and exactly what we want. MP calls it using them as your own personal punching bag. Trust me I have called people I adore here names I am embarrassed to recall, privately to the mod before. Thank god I didn't do it in thread because once I calmed down I realized it wasn't the way it seemed. We have awesome players here, mafia just gets really tense. It is the nature of the game.

And gamerguy, it is not often we preemptively reach out to someone, because it usually doesn't need it, but there have been occasions we did.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Can MoD's be better advertised on a per-game basis so we know who to talk to? It's difficult to ream the correct party when you don't know who that person is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yes, they can. We are going to make an effort to be more active and more publicly visible in the games going forward.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:Yes, they can. We are going to make an effort to be more active and more publicly visible in the games going forward.
So my idea about wearing big neon signs around your neck that read "MOD ON DUTY - PLEASE YELL IN MY FACE" was well received then.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Yes, they can. We are going to make an effort to be more active and more publicly visible in the games going forward.
So my idea about wearing big neon signs around your neck that read "MOD ON DUTY - PLEASE YELL IN MY FACE" was well received then.
Indeed. :srsnod:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In an effort to raise awareness and transparency regarding the presence of Moderators on Duty during games, I have devised for your use a MoD theme song that goes as follows:

Let us know, Let us know!
If your feelings are hurt!
We'll be there, either night or day!
So call a Mod

Dumb posts never bother us anyway!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:In an effort to raise awareness and transparency regarding the presence of Moderators on Duty during games, I have devised for your use a MoD theme song that goes as follows:

Let us know, Let us know!
If your feelings are hurt!
We'll be there, either night or day!
So call a Mod

Dumb posts never bother us anyway!

:noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Let us know, let us know!
When this game, for you, it blows!
When butt hurt you can take no more,
Just walk up to our door!
Let us know, let us know!
When you wish to strike another in the face,
Let a mod take his place!
Let us know, let us know.

You're welcome Dharma.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm not a fan of not knowing who the MOD is.

I'm not comfortable using a MOD when I don't know who they are, so I won't be.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:I'm not a fan of not knowing who the MOD is.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The reason Mods are Mods is because they are trusted and respected memebers of the community, their reputations and relationships make them good bridges between the community and the staff. These sockmods take that away :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Some people do, some people don't, some people don't give a damn.

But the MOD's give a damn, whether they are real or not. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Golden wrote:I'm not a fan of not knowing who the MOD is.

I would be less likely to reach out to someone whose real identity is unknown. Sometimes when I have a prob I won't contact the MoD but instead contact another MoD/Admin who I do feel comfortable talking with so why would I contact someone who I don't know who they are?
;)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Yeah, for me the anonyMOD thing just sort of removes the human element of interaction with the MODs (and in doing so works against the focus on personal interaction and community building that makes this site awesome, imho). Nameless, faceless, voiceless, identity-less MODs make me think that all the MODs are one sort of Borg-ish clique, and that if I choose to contact one, it feels less likely that my privacy is going to be respected, or that I am going to be treated like an individual (if the MODs themselves aren't handled as individual humans, how could the cases they interact with be?). Personal contact is the #1 groundrule of good customer service or client relations practices. I've only had one interaction with an MOD in the past (in this case, I was contacted by the MOD to ease up on some behavior; I have yet to seek out help from a MOD), and knowing who that MOD was as a person was very much a factor in allowing me to immediately be receptive to their feedback, because I respect them as an individual and value their insight and intelligence. Moreover, this MOD interacted with me in a courteous and personal fashion, displaying that they also respected me as an individual. A sockpuppet contacting me would absolutely NOT have had the same effect. Even though intellectually I know that I respect and value each MOD who could be behind the sockpuppet account, and thus it logically really shouldn't matter who contacts me or what account they use, emotionally it just feels gross to be chastised by a cartoon picture with no identifiable human behind it, and I would have a hard time letting go of that initial ickyness, no matter how much I might respect the individual hiding behind the mask in any other context.

Does that make sense? That all turned a bit ramble....
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, guys, this was my idea. The original point of the experiment was that someone had said to me something quite the opposite of what is being said here. They had an issue in a game I was not modding with someone, etc., not really any of anyones business :p

But they said they would have felt more comfortable venting, less self conscious, if they did not know who they were venting to. So I thought it might be worth a try to experiment. Obviously it was a bust, and will no longer be happening.

So sorry for bringing the icky :haha:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Black Rock »

I think it's a good idea. We all know who the mods are. We also know that mod will not be playing the game. We should be able to trust in our mods, no matter who they are. It does take away an embarrassment factor. It also protects the mod from having hard feelings against them when they need to make a tough decision.

That being said, I never use this function because I almost never get that worked up. I've never needed to go past my host. So maybe my opinion doesn't count. I do love the idea though.

Maybe it'd be ok for those who aren't comfortable with it to ask for the real identity, and not share it. Then it would be up to the mod to share or not share. :shrug:
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:We also know that mod will not be playing the game.
Unless it's llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

:haha:

LOL too true!
;)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:Actually, guys, this was my idea. The original point of the experiment was that someone had said to me something quite the opposite of what is being said here. They had an issue in a game I was not modding with someone, etc., not really any of anyones business :p

But they said they would have felt more comfortable venting, less self conscious, if they did not know who they were venting to. So I thought it might be worth a try to experiment. Obviously it was a bust, and will no longer be happening.

So sorry for bringing the icky :haha:
Sorry if you feel like I was shitting on your idea, SVS. Was just trying to provide feedback for the experiment. :) Those of us who spoke out against the idea may very well be outnumbered by those who are in favour of it, in which case it should obviously continue as a practice. I'm glad that this site is one where new policies and practices are experimented with, and where feedback is welcome. :workit:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have heard more negative than positive feedback, not just in here, but overall. When i mod, i may just always use Mooby since the sock put me in a different mindset, you know? I couldn't be distracted by other stuff. But then everyone would know it was *me*, and I would be sure to say that so no one would feel like it was weird.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Canucklehead wrote:I'm glad that this site is one where new policies and practices are experimented with, and where feedback is welcome. :workit:
I completely endorse this. I don't think there should be any fear in trying stuff like this in case it might fail.

Return to “The Lounge”