The Syndicate's Master Spreadsheet (W/L Record and P-Scores)

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

The Syndicate's Master Spreadsheet (W/L Record and P-Scores)

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, members of The Syndicate!

I have constructed and populated a spreadsheet, with much help from Epignosis and thellama73, that tracks everyone's games for P-Score and Hall of Fame purposes.

Orange games are Current Jobs (full games).
Yellow games are Side Missions (speed games).
Purple games are Special Games.

On the Hall of Fame tab, you can see which games you have played, but also which games you have won and lost:
"2" designates a win, color coded roughly to represent civilians, mafia, and independent/SK/other
"1" designates a loss
blank cell is not played or replaced out of the game

On the P-Score tab, you can see your P-Score and which games you have played:
"1" designates played and met the participation criteria
"0" designates played and failed to meet the host's participation criteria
blank cell is not played or replaced out of the game

For the Hall of Fame, I had to make exceptions for I believe two games to date, where hosts allowed players who replaced out to still win the game, so there is a slight discrepancy between P-Score and HoF for that reason. In addition, we decided not to count Minimalism or Omerta for P-Score purposes, since both games were designed to be more informal and encourage a lack of heavy participation.

This thread is really just for informative purposes, for anyone wanting detail on P-Scores or additional detail beyond what is shown in the Hall of Fame, as well as for those who are nerdy and love spreadsheets like me, and for other nerdy types with less spreadsheet love and more just all around mafia statistics love wanting to discuss win % and other statistics. On that note, I have created some filters that highlight the Win %, Win % for people who have played at least 2, 5, 10 games, etc. If any of you would like to see any others, let me know.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 5

Re: The Syndicate's Master Spreadsheet (W/L Record and P-Sco

Post by Ricochet »

I see myself in a competition with a certain Mr. Golden, as far as Win Ratios are concerned. :mafia:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:I see myself in a competition with a certain Mr. Golden, as far as Win Ratios are concerned. :mafia:
Watch us plummet as we play more games.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I see myself in a competition with a certain Mr. Golden, as far as Win Ratios are concerned. :mafia:
Well if I go down, I'm taking you with me. :mafia:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
Well if I go down, I'm taking you with me. :mafia:
:faint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If anything, I would think it would be mutually beneficial for you two NOT to do that, seeing as though you may be two of the players in the best position to challenge Nevinera's long-lasting reign of Win % dominance. :feb:

Wish he would come back to play one of these days, it's been way too long. His analytical-driven style would complement both of your playstyles well, in my opinion.

For my purposes, anyway, it is interesting to note the following:

- There are 9 players who have 100% Win %, with 1 win/game each. However, I doubt many of them will play any other games. Still, never realized we had near that many who fit this criteria. It is interesting to note in addition that no player has 100% Win % once they have played 2+ games.

- There are 10 players who have played at least 25 games, at this moment: Metalmarsh89 (25), Hedgeowl (26), Dom (27), Epignosis (28), birdwithteeth11 (29), Vompatti (29), MovingPictures07 (30), Elohcin (34), thellama73 (35), and S~V~S (36). Never realized Elo played so many games, but I suppose it makes sense, since she has played for quite some time, and we've played many games together. Just would not have guessed she has played the 3rd most amount of games. Didn't realize Vomps was just 1 game behind me either.

- There are 3 players who have played at least 20 games and still have a win % of 40%+, which to me is very impressive: Bass_the_Clever (45.00%), Roxy (43.48%), and Mongoose (40.91%), with juliets next in line at 36.36%. Though, as many of us know, Bass has been on a really hot streak so far this year, so at least some descent in his near future may be inevitable.

- Black Rock and Long Con both have played at least 10 games and maintain a win % of 40%+, and they both have won the same number of games to date (6), but Black Rock is barely edging out her husband because she has played 1 less game than he has.

- Unfortunately for Boogs (16) and Mister Rearranger (14), they are the only 2 players to have played at least 10 games and still be denied a win. Zany Dex (8) and SpaghettiEverywhere (5) have both played at least 5 games and have not won either.

Of course, all of this goes without saying that wins are not directly correlated to a mafia player's skill, since we all know well that they are a combination of skill and luck, and as such I make no implications regarding anyone's skill level here, but nonetheless I can't help but find the statistics really intriguing.

I think what would be interesting is tracking % of wins per full and speed games, and seeing which players excel at either game type, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Should be straightforward though, so it'll come in due time.

I'm curious what other observations folks find intriguing and whether anyone has any suggestions for the future. I will definitely think it will be neat to revisit the statistics as more games are played.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think what would be interesting is tracking % of wins per full and speed games, and seeing which players excel at either game type, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. Should be straightforward though, so it'll come in due time.
So far I'm 100% in full games and 0% in side and special.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
- There are 9 players who have 100% Win %, with 1 win/game each. However, I doubt many of them will play any other games. Still, never realized we had near that many who fit this criteria. It is interesting to note in addition that no player has 100% Win % once they have played 2+ games.
Hmm, I spotted blindfaeth having won hhhe... uh, his first three consecutive games (one full, two side). In fact, I think ssh... uh, he is the clear exception. Civ wins, too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hmm, I spotted blindfaeth having won hhhe... uh, his first three consecutive games (one full, two side). In fact, I think ssh... uh, he is the clear exception. Civ wins, too.
Yes, that's true! I suppose I worded that thought ambiguously; he obviously isn't 100% now. But you're right, if we took a snapshot of his gameplay after the first few games, he was on an immediate hot streak.

Interesting to note as well that he and trice are the only players currently sitting right at 50% with more than 2 games under their belt; trice with 2 wins of 4 total games, blindfaeth with 4 out of 8.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hey MP, is there any way of knowing who has the highest win percentage among the moderation/admin team?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Other than examining them individually, no, but I could create a filter for that. Will do so.

You and I already know who that player is though. ;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Other than examining them individually, no, but I could create a filter for that. Will do so.

Maybe I just wanted you to announce it in the thread. ;)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Other than examining them individually, no, but I could create a filter for that. Will do so.

Maybe I just wanted you to announce it in the thread. ;)
Figured as much. :P

Nonetheless, your wish has been granted in the form of the filter: Win % (Mod/Admins Only).

Now you or anyone else can view it at any time in the future as well.

I'll catch up to you someday, don't worry. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In fact, I'm only 1.43% behind you, so that shouldn't be too difficult... in theory.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You can do it, MP. :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Rico. :noble:

Of course, I don't play mafia to have a higher Win % than anyone else, so I would never specifically try to even very slightly go after anyone for that purpose, but I never was one to shy away from engaging in competitive words. :srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Epignosis »

:sigh: My number of games played is lower than my wife's...

...but that's what happens when you've hosted 26% of the games on this site. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote::sigh: My number of games played is lower than my wife's...

...but that's what happens when you've hosted 26% of the games on this site. :feb:
Wow, no kidding? I suppose it's not surprising, since I knew you have hosted more than anyone else, but hosting 25% or more of the games is nonetheless impressive.

Return to “The Lounge”