Mafia PC game ?

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Triadian
Posts in topic: 3

Mafia PC game ?

Post by Triadian »

does anyone know of a realtime pc version ? with say 30 mins day/night cycles etc

if not should i make one ? would you play it ?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mafia PC game ?

Post by MacDougall »

I've thought about building a Mafia smartphone app. I think it'd be pretty sweet.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We have had a couple of real time games here. You would need a really big player pool to run them more than occasionally, though.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Triadian

Post by Triadian »

if i did write it i would be using unity so it could go on android and ios - give or take a few ui adjustments - and yeah a decent player pool would be needed but some rules i see can take 3 people and i might be able to add some dodgy ai computer players to hopefully confuse a few people
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What an interesting idea.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I just wanted to throw out that Town of Salem and EpicMafia are the closest things to real time mafia on a PC.

but the strategy is WAY different than on a forum setting thanks to the fast pace of it
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Triadian

Post by Triadian »

wasnt a fan of epicmafia but salem was very close to what i was thinking - many thanks for the 2 links
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:I've thought about building a Mafia smartphone app. I think it'd be pretty sweet.
F888ing do it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

I started working on something in GMS, but then realized I suck at networking... So got a few menus created then quit.

My first mafia experience was through starcraft II though... Don't know if that helps, but it was online and played fast pace with an average of 30 min games.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Cryptonic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cryptonic »

So sorry for the necro on this, I do have some relevant information to offer.
A friend of mine actually has a beta version of a Mafia platform up, currently being worked on.
Only problem with this is that there aren't people actively waiting for games, so it would have to be planned and organized between friends, etc.

I think that if people were more active on it, and reporting errors and suggestion, he would be more encouraged to work on it.

Last I heard, he's working on an iOS and Android app to connect with this.

http://narrator.systeminplace.net

So far he has done updates to even allow custom teams (including names, roles from whatever faction, etc.), and added many roles since inception.

If you have any suggestions or bugs, or even want to try to get a game going some time, hmu. I don't want to drop a link to my site, because that seems rude... but if someone is truly interested, I can link privately.

Once again, sorry for the necro. Saw this thread and thought I could contribute while helping a friend out lol.

Edit: hopefully the site is still up and running. Can't check it atm, so hope I didn't just post a downed link lol.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I tested the link Cryptonic! It seems to work. I didn't pursue it any further atm but will in the future.

Have you played on there before? Is this a place where we could signup and host our own real-time games, or does it have full-on community of its own?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Cryptonic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cryptonic »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I tested the link Cryptonic! It seems to work. I didn't pursue it any further atm but will in the future.

Have you played on there before? Is this a place where we could signup and host our own real-time games, or does it have full-on community of its own?
Well, it's based out of the sc2mafia community, but anyone can host games at their own leisure. Only ask that you come and post and bugs or problems you might find so they can be fixed :)

I am hoping to plan games soon (after next update), so I'll check back here if people want to set something up :)

Also, we did some testing on the new patch, and it'll probably be pretty buggy for the next week or so. It is playable, you just have to hit refresh often (which can be annoying).

Hopefully soon there will be the ability to have a host that hand selects hidden roles and other players play the setup. That's in progress.

Return to “The Lounge”