What is your favorite Mafia Game Mechanic and Why?

Discuss general themes and ideas about game design here.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 3

Re: What is your favorite Mafia Game Mechanic and Why?

Post by Silverwolf »

Silverwolf wrote:Hydras are very common where we used to play. They are a lot of fun. I don't think I've ever seen a game where hydras gave an advantage to one side or the other. Some mods allow anyone to hydra, others limit hydras or say two heads only, some don't allow them at all. It is entirely up to the host's discretion. I do know they add an element of fun to games which is why we like to do them. They are also a good solution for someone who doesn't know if they'll have enough time to devote a huge effort to the game but still want to play-your partner can help post. It's still only one account that two people have access too, each sharing whatever role there it is. It's also good for people who have good synergy in a game together or want to learn from the other about their playstyle more. The next time I host a game here I'm gonna allow them just to see how it goes as an experiment. Most times people really like them and have a lot of fun with it.
Silverwolf wrote:They are extremely common in theme games where I come from-role madness, complex games. They were announced ahead of time that there is a hydra and who is in it. It was a requirement to sign your posts and not post in your regular account. Other that that, there is no difference between a hydra or a regular account. Hydras are just two people and one role. It really didn't effect games at all. I am going to allow them when I host a game. I would like this site to experiment with them because they are a ton of fun and people in hydras generally love doing it.

Also, they are a great way to get to know other mafia players and to learn a lot about other's playstyles which is very beneficial for any person in any game they play. I see no reason not to at least try them here at some point.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 9

Post by S~V~S »

I definitely would be willing to experiment with this. Some host will like it some will not. And that's cool. I have some ideas on how it would work. For me I would love to try it myself since I enjoy games SO MUCH better with BTSC. It might also allow for two people will less time to play a more active game, by essentially splitting the role.

I really like it, and look forward to playing with it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Silverwolf »

Probably our best town and scum games right here, they are hydra games with ika and myself:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64575

This is a town game called Chosen mafia that I will be running here when it comes up in the queue and will allow hydras. Town won.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64698

Scum game where we did very well and won. We bussed our worthless buddy and town wouldn't lynch him. It was super fun.

Both these games have links to BTSC as well at the the end of them.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:Probably our best town and scum games right here, they are hydra games with ika and myself:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64575

This is a town game called Chosen mafia that I will be running here when it comes up in the queue and will allow hydras. Town won.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64698

Scum game where we did very well and won. We bussed our worthless buddy and town wouldn't lynch him. It was super fun.

Both these games have links to BTSC as well at the the end of them.
These are examples of wht hydras are and how they work
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 9

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah I think Silver explained it.

It sounds like fun and possibly aninteresting way to bring 2 people who may not have time to play with full attention on their own to a theme they would like to play, but don't have enough time.

It is intriguing, and I guess it would have to be tried here on a host to host/game to game basis.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “The Drawing Board”