Funny Mafia Moments

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 3

Funny Mafia Moments

Post by Spacedaisy »

When asking Quin a question tonight in the Interrogation Room it got me thinking back over all the mafia fails I have witnessed, some of them quite hilarious. I thought it might be fun to share some of the more comical mafia moments we have run across.

For me one of the funnier things I have witnessed was in Hedville Idol. I made this parody game of American Idol where all the players were split into four teams and each night they were given two or three words and a style of music and were asked to write a parody song of an original and include a YouTube link of the original it was based on. There was a mafia team of three and they were each put on different teams, which meant three teams had a mafia member they had BTSC with and one had all civilians. The players knew this fact but didn't know which team had mafia and which didn't. Well MP had a severe attack of paranoia and became convinced his two teammates were bad and basically managed to get both of them and himself lynched in succession. The thing is, they were the only team with no mafia on it. It was hysterical to watch, though I felt bad for his poor teammates. Also, some of the songs were quite funny!

The other one that amused me was in American Horror Story, also over at Hedville. I was on a team with MP, Indi, and Kyle. LIttleTiger had a role that could take another player into a chat room each night and one night Indi got targeted by her to go into the chat. Well Indi was relaying what LT was saying to us of course. Then later that night Kyle came home after a night of drinking and dancing with "literally dozens of beautiful womenz," (direct quote) and proceeded to say things IN THREAD that made it clear Indi had shared that info with him. Bam, we lost two teammates just like that. That's what happens when you drunk mafia folks, lol. It was super funny though, and a hell of a fun game. Probably even more so to me because our BTSC was so funny as well. Awesome teammates, even if Kyle did take out half the team with one post, lol.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Funny Mafia Moments

Post by Golden »

MP meltdowns are usually hilarious.

It will never get old for me, when on RYM he claimed cop, and then immediately red peeked on the real cop (bcornett), which forced him to counterclaim cop. As a baddie, never has my life been easier. We got to kill the cop and lynch MP for his false claim. A beautiful thing.

I also remember the time in serial killer we were stuck in teams and had to find flags, but it turned out one of the flags didn't even exist. I think my team was me, timmer, juliets and bea and we spent a whole flippin weekend tearing the whole of Rev mafia apart to find that thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I love meltdowns. My site has some of the best ones.

My games are specially prone to meltdowns for some reason. Make I'm just unlucky. I think I've counted 5 meltdowns in the last 3 games I hosted.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Mafia is srs business.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:MP meltdowns are usually hilarious.
Yes. Yes, they are. I feel kind of bad that in Rocky and Bullwinkle - the game I am hosting - my inner troll proved irresistible. I saw MP teetering right on the brink of a full fledged meltdown, and I just had to give him that final push.

Does that make me a bad person? :feb:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

You all are mean. :pout:

But seriously, I'm glad I can provide my share of amusement, even if it is typically unintended. :p

I think my best screw-up was definitely either the cop claim that Golden mentioned OR when replacing in to the LOST map game on RM hosted by BR and LC when I had BTSC with Typhoony and a few others. I said I was Charlie and I was looking for Claire. Typhoony told me that rumor had it that Dom was Claire. During a subsequent lynch, I then, somehow forgetting that information in the moment because I was making a busy vote, decided to vote for Dom. Typhoony concluded that I must have been lying about my role claim, therefore, especially since he doubted it to begin with, and proceeded to lead a lynch train against me hard. I tried my best to defend against it, but didn't have anything other to say than basically "I fucked up hard". When I flipped civilian, I could just imagine the facepalms happening behind other monitors. :haha:

In terms of actual meltdowns, I have to say I still love my Rainbow Sockman/Raider meltdown in The Flash. That one was actually fun. :D Most of the rest of my meltdowns were completely NOT fun, but they are funny now, at least. The one Daisy mentioned re: Hedville Idol was pretty classic too. I tunneled Roxy and Cloggy HARD. I couldn't believe it when neither of them was mafia. XD

With regards to other people's meltdowns, I'm sure there are other good ones that aren't mine, but I can't think of them at the moment.

With regards to funny moments, I do have a few treasured moments when I was hosting that I thought were funny in which the players were like WTF OMG. My top three absolutely have to be (in no particular order):

1) When I exploded 13 players with bombs in Avant-Garde Mafia (the original, hosted on ProgArchives) -- I never expected more than a player or two to say "yes" to those presents after I had tortured all of the players all game with nasty surprises... let alone 13 of them! It was too late for me to alter my mechanic then, plus I figured, when the hell am I going to get to kill 13 players at once ever again?

2) When all hell broke loose in Bioshock after Andrew Ryan (DH) died, and the ADAM Guardians went from being on top of the world to losing 4 of their members in one Night. This was priceless. I've never seen a mafia team so devastated after one Night's worth of actions before, and would be hard pressed to think I'll ever see it again.

3) When boo (as Rem) killed off the two major civilian obstacles left in their way in Death Note. This was majestic and a really fun post to write. Then Llama (the third/last civilian obstacle) got lynched right thereafter, thanks to boo's push on him as well. :feb:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I seem to remember the nasty mafia moments more so than the funny ones. Maybe that's because drama seems to follow me in mafia forums (or at least it did until I signed up here). :rolleyes:

Anywho, without racking my brain too much, a few things stand out in my mind:

1) I concur that MP meltdowns are amusing, even if you are the one getting peed on.

2) I laughed my butt off more or less the whole way through Economics Mafia. Does that make me a troll?

3) Making my dirty bet with MP in Watchmen was amusing. That might make me more of a bad person than a troll though.

4) I seem to recall that The Office Mafia on Lostpedia was a hilarious game. Probably because we made a lot of "that's what she said" jokes.

5) Way back in the dark ages on STV, I remember one of my first games (Pirates of the Caribbean) was probably amusing to the civvies. I received my first ever baddie role (Jack, the Monkey). I was still very new to mafia and the games there incorporated lie detector roles, so everyone was making civvie claims on Day 1. Not being aware of the mechanic or its standard use, I resisted and argued against such a simple way for a lie detector check. That had a number of people looking my way early on. I tied for the lynch but won the coin flip (the other player was civvie) and pretty much everyone made up their minds that I was bad at that point.

The other baddie team let me survive the night (why not serve up an easy lynch). Mad and desperate, I offered the civvies a parlay: I was willing to reveal the identities of my teammates if they would let me live. I even ratted out one of my three teammates in an attempt to win people over. I didn't. They lynched my baddie butt and I revealed who my team had been theorizing for a few civvie roles. Two of my teammates actually got pretty far but they lost in the end. The other baddie team won pretty handily. For about a year after that game ran, they called what I did "Pulling a G" because no one had ever seen anything like it before.

I thought I was being chaotic and keeping with the spirit of the game ("Don't trust a pirate"), but I was probably just being a sore loser. Some of the civvies and certainly the other baddie team must have thought it was a hoot though.

6) When I hosted Secret Mafia 2, there was a sad but funny occurrence. One baddie team was stacked with great powers and a recruiter role. They even recruited two or three players to their team. Somewhere along the way, it all came unglued and they gradually imploded. The other baddie team won that game. I believe MP was one of the winners. I couldn't believe the struggling baddie team pulled it off. The other team really did snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Last edited by G-Man on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

That's not entirely what happened, MP.
I encountered you, you claimed Charlie.
I later encountered Epi, who claimed Claire. Claire could search for Charlie. Epi had searched you, did not get a valid result. Conclusion: you were lying.
In the end, I believe it was a host fuck-up. I racked my brain about that one for a long time :p

I was also on the winning baddie team Gman. I believe Bree was on it as well, do not remember the fourth member though.

One of my favorite moments was during Zeldas game on Piano, she took about 3 days to write a post on average... So we played some short conceptual mafia games of our own. I believe both LC and me hosted one.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:That's not entirely what happened, MP.
I later encountered Epi, who claimed Claire. Claire could search for Charlie. Epi had searched you, did not get a valid result. Conclusion: you were lying.
In the end, I believe it was a host fuck-up. I racked my brain about that one for a long time :p

I was also on the winning baddie team Gman. I believe Bree was on it as well, do not remember the fourth member though.

One of my favorite moments was during Zeldas game on Piano, she took about 3 days to write a post on average... So we played some short conceptual mafia games of our own. I believe both LC and me hosted one.
That was less funny and more frustrating. :p

I think the funniest moment in that game (for me) was throwing DharmaHelper in the well and then him lying about me lying.

Canucklehead's Droopy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is still the #1 funniest mafia moment.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

G-man in Economics is and forever will be my favorite Mafia performance. That post where he revealed he was just doing it for laughs was a thing of beauty. I was glad to be dead and out of the game by then so I didn't have to worry about whether or not he was suspicious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

For me, it was Stoners on Hedville.

It was my first time hosting, and I gave conflicting info on whether or not anyone had info on a certain poll. So one of the civs was running with it, but she was wrong, and it was totally my fault. So bea & I had to start the game over when we were at least a day in.

So we reran it as "Tabula Rasa" (we were a LOST forum). We told everyone we were rerandomizing the roles. But we only actually scrambled the baddies and one or two roles so the baddies would not figure it out, and gave most of the players the same roles, and sent them PMs saying, "Well, we know how much you loved your role, so we gave it back to you, but it was only you we did this for."

Indiglo was Bob Marleys Ghost, and she was so amazing and her posts (in rasta speak) were awesome. The hosts laughed a lot that game, the whole game was hilarious.

Everyone was really good natured about the timeline reset, and just went with it.

Also hilarious was when Sofi accidentally posted a baddie PM in the game thread instead of sending it at RM. It said something like, "Hurry up you guys and get in the chatroom, we have to kill reywas (I think it was reywas) fast" or something like that. I think MP was one of the teammates?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Typhoony wrote:I was also on the winning baddie team Gman. I believe Bree was on it as well, do not remember the fourth member though.
Found my game spreadsheet. The winning team was Bree, MP, Shinny, Tranq, and you. Them's some quality players if I do say so myself.
Typhoony wrote:One of my favorite moments was during Zeldas game on Piano, she took about 3 days to write a post on average... So we played some short conceptual mafia games of our own. I believe both LC and me hosted one.
Oh man, I remember that! It was some kind of vampire game. I was slated to host Secret Mafia after that game finished but it took for-freaking-ever. Back in those days, we only ran one game at a time but people were begging me to start sign-ups for Secret. I didn't play Zelda's game but I remember hearing a lot about those mini-games you guys did. That's what you call taking a lemon and making lemonade. :nicenod:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Typhoony wrote:That's not entirely what happened, MP.

Oh yes! Thanks for the correction. My brain definitely wasn't totally in that game. :P

As to Secret Mafia 2, that was one of my first wins I was truly proud of. What a team. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote: Also hilarious was when Sofi accidentally posted a baddie PM in the game thread instead of sending it at RM. It said something like, "Hurry up you guys and get in the chatroom, we have to kill reywas (I think it was reywas) fast" or something like that. I think MP was one of the teammates?
YES! She named specifically both me and someone else, rather than "you guys", if I remember correctly. She pretty much outed herself and the other two on her team by posting in the thread instead of PMing us. We just gave up after that. :haha:

Then, shortly thereafter in AHS, Daisy and I were bad (the same game Daisy mentioned earlier), and Daisy pulled the same "mistake" as SoFi, except it was faked. Everyone believed it except for the one person we needed to believe it (the role blocker, orsonkidd), so we didn't end up winning. Was fun though, and taught everyone not to trust baddie slips. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think the hardest I've laughed as a host was when, in my Eno Mafia game, Insertnamehere talked an entire team into sacrificing themselves, carefully built trust for days and days, and then chose his moment precisely to betray his own plan and screw everyone else over.

The only problem was, he targeted a role that reflected his power back onto himself, and immediately died by his own hand. Most epic backfire ever. :haha:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I think most of the replies here mistook "funny" with "schadenfreude". :p
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My own personal funny moments? I was modkilled for inactivity in MP's Fight Club Mafia. I subbed back into the game, and was modkilled again for inactivity. Has anyone else been modkilled twice in the same game? :haha:

MP claiming cop and "red-peeking" bcornett the real cop was funny too. It wasn't all bad though. MP was distraught over it happening, but we were able to collect ourselves before MP was lynched, and discover that Golden was one of the mafia and get him lynched the next day.

Another moment, In Death Note, I was an unkillable mafia Shinigami (Ryuk). We had another player on our team, Mikami, who we did not have BTSC with, but we eventually discovered his identity. Mikami could choose to commit suicide at some point in the game in order to offer some advantages to the rest of us mafia (I can't remember what they were). At one point in the game, it was pretty clear who I was to the civilians, so I requested in the thread for him to commit suicide. But he did not acquiesce, and wound up being nightkilled soon after instead. :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Another moment, In Death Note, I was an unkillable mafia Shinigami (Ryuk). We had another player on our team, Mikami, who we did not have BTSC with, but we eventually discovered his identity. Mikami could choose to commit suicide at some point in the game in order to offer some advantages to the rest of us mafia (I can't remember what they were). At one point in the game, it was pretty clear who I was to the civilians, so I requested in the thread for him to commit suicide. But he did not acquiesce, and wound up being nightkilled soon after instead. :biggrin:
+1

One of the best moments ever. :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

G-Man revealing his image thing was hilarious.

Vompatti in the same game. That guy is hilarious. What happened with him?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:G-Man revealing his image thing was hilarious.

Vompatti in the same game. That guy is hilarious. What happened with him?
His most recent facebook post may provide some indication.
When you've connected to the extraterrestrials you can just talk to them like normal.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:For me, it was Stoners on Hedville.

It was my first time hosting, and I gave conflicting info on whether or not anyone had info on a certain poll. So one of the civs was running with it, but she was wrong, and it was totally my fault. So bea & I had to start the game over when we were at least a day in.

So we reran it as "Tabula Rasa" (we were a LOST forum). We told everyone we were rerandomizing the roles. But we only actually scrambled the baddies and one or two roles so the baddies would not figure it out, and gave most of the players the same roles, and sent them PMs saying, "Well, we know how much you loved your role, so we gave it back to you, but it was only you we did this for."

Indiglo was Bob Marleys Ghost, and she was so amazing and her posts (in rasta speak) were awesome. The hosts laughed a lot that game, the whole game was hilarious.

Everyone was really good natured about the timeline reset, and just went with it.

Also hilarious was when Sofi accidentally posted a baddie PM in the game thread instead of sending it at RM. It said something like, "Hurry up you guys and get in the chatroom, we have to kill reywas (I think it was reywas) fast" or something like that. I think MP was one of the teammates?

omg - both of those times were awesome.

Also the time in Suess over on LP where I accidently killed sawyer when he had a lynch protect. So cuz I fucked up, we brought him back and told him he could come back as a dead role or his old role. He LOVED his role (the one I killed accidently) so we brought him back as a "different role" And he went on to win the fucking game. As a role everyone knew he had. Cuz I lynched him.

Mod killing wabbit that game was also super duper fun. I'm pretty sure my hubby never loved me more.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Also hilarious was when Sofi accidentally posted a baddie PM in the game thread instead of sending it at RM. It said something like, "Hurry up you guys and get in the chatroom, we have to kill reywas (I think it was reywas) fast" or something like that. I think MP was one of the teammates?
YES! She named specifically both me and someone else, rather than "you guys", if I remember correctly. She pretty much outed herself and the other two on her team by posting in the thread instead of PMing us. We just gave up after that. :haha:

Then, shortly thereafter in AHS, Daisy and I were bad (the same game Daisy mentioned earlier), and Daisy pulled the same "mistake" as SoFi, except it was faked. Everyone believed it except for the one person we needed to believe it (the role blocker, orsonkidd), so we didn't end up winning. Was fun though, and taught everyone not to trust baddie slips. :feb:
I'm still really proud of that game and my players. I miss HV mafia. srrsbns is not my bssns.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:My own personal funny moments? I was modkilled for inactivity in MP's Fight Club Mafia. I subbed back into the game, and was modkilled again for inactivity. Has anyone else been modkilled twice in the same game? :haha:

MP claiming cop and "red-peeking" bcornett the real cop was funny too. It wasn't all bad though. MP was distraught over it happening, but we were able to collect ourselves before MP was lynched, and discover that Golden was one of the mafia and get him lynched the next day.

Another moment, In Death Note, I was an unkillable mafia Shinigami (Ryuk). We had another player on our team, Mikami, who we did not have BTSC with, but we eventually discovered his identity. Mikami could choose to commit suicide at some point in the game in order to offer some advantages to the rest of us mafia (I can't remember what they were). At one point in the game, it was pretty clear who I was to the civilians, so I requested in the thread for him to commit suicide. But he did not acquiesce, and wound up being nightkilled soon after instead. :biggrin:
As bitter as I was about it at the time, Newt's NK of me in that game was fucking epic. I KNEW it was him as soon as that post went up and there wasn't jack I could do about it.

That reminds me...I owe you too. You and Aces. Aces is the one who made me post in only ghosts quotes from A Christmas Carol. Worst curse ever. :(
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
RIP-ochet.

That was totes fun to process (especially with MP in the background grinning patiently), but what followed... :fist:

I would have had safe passage to endgame (because the only player who had taken my scent was TH), if not for baka Higuchi. I still don't understand why he couldn't refuse to use his second nightkill, upon checking me out and seeing I'm literally not civ kill material.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:My own personal funny moments? I was modkilled for inactivity in MP's Fight Club Mafia. I subbed back into the game, and was modkilled again for inactivity. Has anyone else been modkilled twice in the same game? :haha:

As bitter as I was about it at the time, Newt's NK of me in that game was fucking epic. I KNEW it was him as soon as that post went up and there wasn't jack I could do about it.

That reminds me...I owe you too. You and Aces. Aces is the one who made me post in only ghosts quotes from A Christmas Carol. Worst curse ever. :(
:biggrin:

One of these days I'm sure you'll get me in epic fashion when I least expect it. Then of course we can laugh about it afterwards.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:18 amThe other one that amused me was in American Horror Story, also over at Hedville. I was on a team with MP, Indi, and Kyle. LIttleTiger had a role that could take another player into a chat room each night and one night Indi got targeted by her to go into the chat. Well Indi was relaying what LT was saying to us of course. Then later that night Kyle came home after a night of drinking and dancing with "literally dozens of beautiful womenz," (direct quote) and proceeded to say things IN THREAD that made it clear Indi had shared that info with him. Bam, we lost two teammates just like that. That's what happens when you drunk mafia folks, lol. It was super funny though, and a hell of a fun game. Probably even more so to me because our BTSC was so funny as well. Awesome teammates, even if Kyle did take out half the team with one post, lol.
0: I completely forgot about this. I felt so bad for Indi

Hey wait there's no way I used the word "womenz" this is slander
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

LOL, dude you were that drunk. It was hysterical! That and the "spontaneous birthday shit," man what a fun game!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I was such an embarrassing person :0
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No, not at all! I had so much fun with you that game. You were just enjoying life. It's all good.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Lounge”