Mafia Championship Season 3

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Mafia Championship Season 3

Post by S~V~S »

Can someone link me to it? I have not had time to go to the chats, or watch any of the other games. I would like to watch this one, though. And are we going to have a hidden discussion thread here for it?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Ricochet »

Godspeed, mate! :noble:

(Don't know how much I'll spectate, tho)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Golden »

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... ampionship

That's the game thread for people to follow along.

Yes, it is Harry Potter themed.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Can someone link me to it? I have not had time to go to the chats, or watch any of the other games. I would like to watch this one, though. And are we going to have a hidden discussion thread here for it?
I know Thingyman really doesn't want any discussion of the games whatsoever for fear of others using that information, but... if we were to make the forum completely hidden to anyone but registered users that would solve that problem I would think. I'll ask him, just because I don't want to institute it if he still wants to strictly keep all discussion in the Skype chat.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Can someone link me to it? I have not had time to go to the chats, or watch any of the other games. I would like to watch this one, though. And are we going to have a hidden discussion thread here for it?
I know Thingyman really doesn't want any discussion of the games whatsoever for fear of others using that information, but... if we were to make the forum completely hidden to anyone but registered users that would solve that problem I would think. I'll ask him, just because I don't want to institute it if he still wants to strictly keep all discussion in the Skype chat.
Make it subscription only, I think. For instance, I should not be able to see it, and neither should zexy. And Thingyman should be able to see it so that he can monitor if he wants.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Make it subscription only, I think. For instance, I should not be able to see it, and neither should zexy. And Thingyman should be able to see it so that he can monitor if he wants.
Yeah, that's a good point. I could give people access only if they request it via PM.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll see what Thingyman has to say.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Yeah, that's a good point. I could give people access only if they request it via PM.
I thought he said we could have a hidden forum? With request by access only?

I did request access to the MU forum, but one here would be fun, too :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Did he say that? I can't recall. Well, I'll found out soon enough.

The Skype chat is fun too, but I haven't been in there for a while. I'll have to rejoin.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thingyman wrote:Hi guys

Your representative has been scheduled for the game below.

Game 4 - May 16 (36/12 phases, American deadlines)
benneh (Two Plus Two)
Bimps (Everybody Edits)
Golden (The Syndicate)
inky (Comic Fury)
Jackrito (MyAnimeList)
Jamie (Zelda Dungeon)
Jowy (Realms Beyond)
Kami (OneHallyu)
Moliere (Octopus Overlords)
Phighter (Cracked)
romanov (InsideMDSports)
SpankGangsta (EntAsia)
spookymilk (Spookymilk)
Teneb (Bay 12 Games Forums)
Thirdmango (Forums of Loathing)
y2kjbk (webDiplomacy)
Zexy (Bulbagarden)

The game is taking place on Mafia Universe. You can find the specific subforum dedicated to the championship here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/for ... nship-2016

I want to talk about and spectate the game - what do I do?

If you wish to actively spectate and show support for your representative, then there are two ways of doing this.

1) There will be a private spectator thread on the site for each game that you may request access to. Simply register on the site and PM the user "Thingyman", and I will add you. Feel free to spectate games that your representative isn't in as well. These threads are published after the game completes.

2) We have a spectator chat on Skype, with currently more than 140 people in it. It's very active and fun, I highly suggest you join it if you have Skype. Just add me: thingyman. Please let me know which community you hail from when adding me.

None of these two chats/threads will be spoiled!

Finally, we kindly ask that you refrain from commenting too much on the games in public on this forum, as the other representatives will easily be able to find and read through this (as has happened in the past). I can't control what you do here, but out of respect for the integrity of this Championship, it's best if you don't discuss your reads on your representative or the other players or make comments that could potentially indicate your reads. I.e. even something like "oh man, our representative is totally being his usual self right now" is not good. Speaking very generally about what has happened so far in the game (so as to update your fellow community members) without commenting on it is fine though.

I hope this doesn't seem too strict to you guys, but the game can become very uncomfortable (and unfair) if there is discussion about it outside of the game thread. If you want to have your own private spectator chat, that is of course also totally fine and I even encourage it (I'd love to be added if you make one of these) :)

I wish your representative and your community all the best of luck for this season! :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome, nice catch. Guess so!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My bio for the champs game.
Golden wrote:NATIONALITY: New Zealand

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: I'm representing the Syndicate, which is my home mafia site. I've also played at Spoiler TV and Revolution Mafia, both now defunct but they were two feeder sites for the Syndicate, and I also play a bit at RateYourMusic, a site that we have developed a close mafia relationship with thanks to last years championships.

BIO: By day, I ply my trade as a commercial lawyer. By night, I'm hoping I'm at home so I can break out my favourite TV shows or a great boardgame. On weekends, you might find me writing and preaching a sermon at my local church. And at all times, my mind is mostly on the imminent arrival of my first child.

Somewhere amongst all of that, I have to find time to get my mafia fix. Some call me a hurricane of self-assurance. Others call me a coward. Others still might consider me a paid up member of the suicidal moron club. Whatever I am, one thing is certain. If you are playing mafia with me, you'll know it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:My bio for the champs game.
Golden wrote:NATIONALITY: New Zealand

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: I'm representing the Syndicate, which is my home mafia site. I've also played at Spoiler TV and Revolution Mafia, both now defunct but they were two feeder sites for the Syndicate, and I also play a bit at RateYourMusic, a site that we have developed a close mafia relationship with thanks to last years championships.

BIO: By day, I ply my trade as a commercial lawyer. By night, I'm hoping I'm at home so I can break out my favourite TV shows or a great boardgame. On weekends, you might find me writing and preaching a sermon at my local church. And at all times, my mind is mostly on the imminent arrival of my first child.

Somewhere amongst all of that, I have to find time to get my mafia fix. Some call me a hurricane of self-assurance. Others call me a coward. Others still might consider me a paid up member of the suicidal moron club. Whatever I am, one thing is certain. If you are playing mafia with me, you'll know it.
Nicely written. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, members of The Syndicate!

The Mafia Championship on MafiaUniverse is underway, and Game 4 starts very soon! This is important because Game 4 is the game in which our representative, Golden, will be playing and representing our site.

Here is the link to Game 4 on MafiaUniverse. The game starts at 8:00AM Eastern time tomorrow, Monday, May 16th. Day/Night cycles are 36/12 during the week and 60/12 on weekends.

Be sure to cheer him on in the Mafia Championship Season 3 discussion thread, but otherwise please do NOT talk about the game in any way there other than cheering him on. We don't want to break the integrity of the game.

Rather, if you wish to talk about the game with your fellow Syndicateers, respond to this PM requesting access to the hidden Game 4 Spectator Chat, and I'll make sure you're added ASAP.

Also, if you wish to talk about the game with members from all communities, log onto MafiaUniverse and PM Thingyman if you want to be added to the official Mafia Championship Skype chat, where members from various mafia sites will be spectating and discussing the game and other off-topic matters. It should be a good time as well.

Best of luck, Golden, show the rest of the mafia world what The Syndicate is made of! The rest of you, be sure to join me in cheering him on!
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Quin »

I never knew there was a mafia forum on my anime list. I've used MAL as a way to catalog all the stuff I've watched in the past and never thought about it
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good luck Golden. I'm looking forward to seeing the action. Play with confidence and leave it all on the field (as time permits). :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote:I never knew there was a mafia forum on my anime list. I've used MAL as a way to catalog all the stuff I've watched in the past and never thought about it
I tried to advertise a game there once. They wouldn't let me. :P

They seemed nice enough though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

GO GOLDEN!!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Game over man, game over.

I hope I get access to whatever spectator thread you guys had going.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

How'd it go? I've not had a chance to watch any of the action so far and my game starts in a little over a week, I think.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

inafter Golden won
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yep, it went pretty well :p don't want to prejudge it, but I think I'll be going to the finals.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

\o/
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:\o/
Now it's your turn, sloonster.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Guess what, Syndicateers?

Your representative in the cross-community tournament is headed to the finals.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great job Golden, it was a lot of fun to spectate the game. We do have a spectator thread, one of the admins can probably open it up to you when they see this (I don't know how).

I have a crush on Kami.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Get 'em Sloonei!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have a crush on Kami.
Hul
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I have a crush on Kami.
Isn't she married to the Admin?

But yeah, what's the story on Kami? I didn't spectate one bit.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Cool stuff on Golden playing a boss game and qualifying. More stuff to be jelly of.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I have a crush on Kami.
Isn't she married to the Admin?
:ninja:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Way to be, Golden! You absolutely killed it!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on performing very well and advancing to the Finals, you've made our community proud. :D
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gratz Golden :beer:

I didn't watch the game so... which one did those poor souls have to play against? The Hurricane of Assurance or Golden the Coward?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Gratz Golden :beer:

I didn't watch the game so... which one did those poor souls have to play against? The Hurricane of Assurance or Golden the Coward?
The hurricane of assurance. It's a great reminder of how much better I play when I leave meta out of it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Game 6 has started!

GO SLOONEI!!!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Go Sloonei go.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We're following along Sloonbeard, in a private thread. Remind us to let you in when the game is over.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lemme in!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think it's time for a new avatar.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:

I'll ask the admins if they can add you to the thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Eagerly awaiting the end game votes. I'll just say this: if RYM doesn't have a secon-straight finalist, it's a total scam. You killed it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I keep telling myself I don't have time, but there's a 0% chance i'll be able to resist if I get voted in.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

where will this secret spectator thread be located when it's unlocked?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Main page under subforum "Mafia Championship Spectator Chat"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lets be uber in the finals, sloon!!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And yes, you definitely 'have time'. Just like I 'have time'. No bailing on me, both of us will be busy with work lol no doubt.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll request that you be my consigliere again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:I'll request that you be my consigliere again.
We did such a good job of taking down the baddies last time :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

we'll always have radicalfuzz.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still ain't seeing no thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

PM MP, but I haven't seen him around in the last 24 hours.

Return to “The Lounge”