Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Parks and Recreation [CLASSIC GAME], 2 of 6 in an MP Series

Post by Tangrowth »

Parks and Recreation Mafia
The second in a series of six TV sitcom themed games hosted by yours truly

A game for 15 players

This game will be the second in a series of six (6) TV sitcom themed Heist games that I will be hosting over a long period of time.

The first game was Futurama.

The remaining themes are as follows: Friends, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, and Seinfeld.

At the end of each TV sitcom game, players and non-players will vote on which one I will next submit to the Heist queue; the entry with the most votes will win. At the end of Futurama, the players spoke, and that's why this Parks and Recreation game is next!

All TV sitcom games are closed setup, with role outing and infodumping permitted and encouraged.

Following JJJ's Arrested Development Mafia, all TV sitcom games will be U-Pick. Before the start of the game, every player will PM me a list of five characters from Parks and Recreation they would like to be; if they fail to do so, their character will be selected by the host or MoD.

Roleplaying is heavily encouraged. At the end of the game, I will be presenting an award for Best Roleplay in addition to MVP.

The players have spoken! Sockpuppets will be employed again for this second game, so everyone will post as their Parks and Recreation character. Depending on player demand, the other games in the series may or may not feature sockpuppets in lieu of regular accounts.

Inspired by Thingyman's Matrix 12 setup for the Mafia Championship Season 3 on Mafia Universe, I have developed my own TV Sitcom Matrix (nicknamed the "What-If Machine" after the device in Futurama) for this series of games. Each game will use one (1) of the following setups, chosen randomly at the start of the game. The setup will not be revealed during the game.

TV Sitcom Mafia Matrix (What-If Machine)
A
B
C
D
Town Cop
Mafia Jack of All Trades
Town Miller
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Jack of All Trades
1-Shot Town Vigilante
Vanilla Townie
Town Jailkeeper
Town Masons (2)
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Godfather
Town Cop (Odd nights)
Vanilla Townie
Town Sick Innocent Child (d1-4 reveal)
Town Cop w/ n0 town check
1-Shot Mafia Vigilante
Thus, there are 8 possible setups: 1, 2, 3, 4, A, B, C, and D.

Each setup specifies only 4 roles, so the remaining 11 roles will always be split between 9 vanilla townies and 2 mafia goons.

Each setup has exactly 3 power roles, since that is the maximum per Heist rules.

Role Index:

1-Shot Town Vigilante - During one night of this player's choice, he or she may night kill any one player. One-time use.
Town Cop - Every night, this player selects a player of his or her choice to ID (alignment check).
Town Cop (Odd nights) - Every odd night, this player selects a player of his or her choice to ID (alignment check).
Town Cop w/ n0 town check - This player receives an alignment check on a randomly selected town player to start the game. Every night, this player selects a player of his or her choice to ID (alignment check).
Town Sick Innocent Child (d1-4 reveal) - This role will be confirmed by the host to be town publicly at the start of either day 1, 2, 3, or 4. However, that player will die at the start of the following day. At the start of the game, the host will randomize which of the four days will apply to the game; the role will be unaware of which day has been selected.
Town Jailkeeper - Every night, this player selects a player of his or her choice to both protect from all night kills and role block.
Town Masons (2) - These two roles have BTSC and may communicate privately outside of the game thread.
Town Miller - If targeted with an ID (alignment) check, this player will appear as mafia.
Vanilla Townie - This player has no role power.
1-Shot Mafia Vigilante - During one night of this player's choice, he or she may night kill any one player. One-time use.
Mafia Godfather - If targeted with an ID (alignment) check, this player will appear as town.
Mafia Goon - This player has no role power.
Mafia Jack of All Trades - This player has three one-time use role abilities; however, these abilities will differ based on the setup randomized. The abilities could be any of the following combinations.
Setup A: 1-shot roleblock, 1-shot silence, and 1-shot frame (targeted townie will appear mafia if ID'd by the cop that night).
Setup B: 1-shot roleblock, 1-shot protection, and 1-shot role cop.
Setup 1: 1-shot roleblock, 1-shot role cop, and 1-shot frame (targeted townie will appear mafia if ID'd by the cop that night).
Setup 2: 1-shot night kill, 1-shot role cop, and 1-shot silence.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Parks and Recreation [CLASSIC GAME], 2 of 6 in an MP Ser

Post by Ricochet »

I already know who I will be (which is myself, cause it is ridiculous to be anyone else) and I have already tasted victory.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I could be any of the cast and id still love the shit out of my character. Cant wait for this (assuming I'm actually able to play given my lack of internet access)
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:I could be any of the cast and id still love the shit out of my character. Cant wait for this (assuming I'm actually able to play given my lack of internet access)
It is a pretty awesome cast of characters. I'm stoked to see the roleplaying for this as much as I was for Futurama!
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Omg I love Parks and Rec! I will definitely play this.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Yes please. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Definitely interested in this one!

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”