A Mafia of Unfortunate Events

Moderator: Community Team

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

A Mafia of Unfortunate Events

Post by DFaraday »

I've searched everywhere, and to my surprise (a word which here means shock), I can't seem to find this having been done yet. And so, I give you the rough draft of DFaraday's Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Mafia:

CIVVIES (15)
Violet Baudelaire – Violet is a brilliant inventor. She will create a new device every night and send it to a player of her choice.

Klaus Baudelaire – Klaus loves to read, and is constantly learning. Twice in the game Klaus can send in a role and discover which player has that role.

Sunny Baudelaire – Sunny may be small, but her teeth are razor sharp. To defend her siblings, Sunny will kill every even night.

Mr. Poe – Mr. Poe is the executor of the Baudelaire estate, but even though he means well, he is unbelievably incompetent. Every night Mr. Poe will try to help a player. There is a 1/3 chance that player will be blocked, a 1/3 chance they will be silenced, and a 1/3 chance they will be killed.

Dr. Montgomery Montgomery – Uncle Monty is one of the few kind, reasonable people in this story. He will protect a player every night by hiding them in his Reptile Room.

Josephine Anwhistle – Aunt Josephine is afraid of nearly everything, but she's never afraid to correct someone's grammar. She will select a statement each night and discover whether it is true or false.

Hector – Hector is a friendly handyman. He may use his flying machine to stop one lynch and switch another.

Jerome Squalor – Jerome is a decent guy, but he's a total pushover at first. Every other day Jerome's vote will increase by 1.

Isadora Quagmire – BTSC with Duncan.

Duncan Quagmire – BTSC with Isadora.

Quigley Quagmire – Searches for Duncan and Isadora every night. If he finds either, he gains BTSC with both.

Charles – Charles is the co-owner of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill. Every night he can block a player.

Hal – Hal works in the Library of Records. He will search the records to role check a player every night.

Justice Strauss – In the event of a tie, Justice Strauss' vote will be the tie breaker.

Kit Snicket - SECRET

BADDIES (10)

COUNT OLAF'S TROUPE (6)
Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET

The Bald Long-Nosed Man – He may silence a player by kidnapping them each night. They may not talk, vote, or be voted for the next day.

The Hook-Handed Man – He may discover the identity of a dead player every night.

The Powder-Faced Woman – Her vote counts for two while the Other Powder-Faced Woman is alive.

The Other Powder-Faced Woman – She may role check a player every night.

The Person of Indeterminate Gender – This huge androgynous person will block a player every night.

THE GHASTLY GUARDIANS (4)
Esme Squalor – Esme is obsessed with fashion and high society. She won't allow herself to be lynched unless she gets at least two-thirds of the votes. SECRET

Vice Principal Nero – Nero is the tyrannical authority at Prufrock Preparatory School. He will dole out a different punishment to a player every night.

Carmelita Spats – Carmelita is a spoiled, obnoxious rich kid. She will use her wealth to control a player's vote each lynch (the player will not be aware of this).

Sir – Sir is the co-owner of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill and a ruthless businessman. Every night Sir can redirect a player's power.

INDEPENDENT (5)

THE VILLAGE OF FOWL DEVOTEES (3) – The Village of Fowl Devotees are a reclusive, authoritarian society with a strict code of laws. However, they are not actively malicious. They will win by surviving to the end. Each night the VFD has a block, a protect, and a power steal to use between them.

Village Elder

Mrs. Morrow

Mr. Lesko

Olivia Caliban – Olivia just wants to make everyone happy, but she can't please everyone. She can use her crystal ball to role check a player every night, and on Night 5 she must choose a team to align with.

Ishmael – Ishmael is the leader of a peaceful island community. Every night he will attempt to recruit a player. He will have a 50% chance of bringing them into his fold. Ishmael's team must be the last team standing to win. He will also survive the first NK and lynch attempt on his life.

I'll tweak it more as necessary.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events

Post by insertnamehere »

Hopefully I'll finally find out what's in that goddamn sugar bowl.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This looks pretty cool~ you can definitely count me in, WWE was one of my favorite games ever :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:This looks pretty cool~ you can definitely count me in, WWE was one of my favorite games ever :)
You're welcome. :p
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Finding the Ninja on Night One WAS EPIC!!!!

:hug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Finding the Ninja on Night One WAS EPIC!!!!

:evileye:

I swear to God that entire role was like being at a barbecue with a lighter and the damn thing would NEVER light.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Ive always thought Logan looks like Count Olaf

*hides*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Mongoose wrote:Ive always thought Logan looks like Count Olaf

*hides*
Wait, Llama isn't Count Olaf?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Finding the Ninja on Night One WAS EPIC!!!!

:evileye:

I swear to God that entire role was like being at a barbecue with a lighter and the damn thing would NEVER light.
I felt awful, but I couldn't come out and tell Epi why it wasn't working. And then the one night he didn't get blocked, the kill STILL didn't go through. :sigh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, this is awesome!!! I loved these books when I was younger!!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

In a million times.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

A little sad that you didn't include Lemony Snicket/Beatrice in the roles, but you are forgiven. :p

These books were the first books I annotated as a kid. I was obsessed with them. <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

This looks fun :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:A little sad that you didn't include Lemony Snicket/Beatrice in the roles, but you are forgiven. :p

These books were the first books I annotated as a kid. I was obsessed with them. <3
Well, Lemony is the narrator. It would be a bit awkward for him to get killed off halfway through and keep telling the story. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I have very good memories of this series of books, haven't read them in a while but I would absolutely love a mafia game where they come to life!

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”