????

Moderator: Community Team

XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 9

????

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Game? What game? There is no "game" here.

Only a good idea that never happened.

Besides you guys probably wont play it now anyway.
Last edited by XthAtGAm3RGuYX on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Mafia(changes pending)

Post by Tangrowth »

Fuck yes.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI I moved this to Future Heists for now since it's not yet ready for submission.

Very curious to see how the edited version will look.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

As is, this game is one of the most fun formats I've played.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I know nothing about any of this and will gladly play it and suck and die and lose.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Mafia(FULL GAME)

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

To SVS, this game is now ready for play. I hereby submit it to that poll or whatever that is going on.

If this thread wins, and is moved to be used for sign ups, any sign ups following this post must be submitted to me via PM, and you will be assigned a sock puppet account.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Golden »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:To SVS, this game is now ready for play. I hereby submit it to that poll or whatever that is going on.

If this thread wins, and is moved to be used for sign ups, any sign ups following this post must be submitted to me via PM, and you will be assigned a sock puppet account.
Yep, PM S~V~S and Turnip Head to make sure you get added.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Golden wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:To SVS, this game is now ready for play. I hereby submit it to that poll or whatever that is going on.

Yep, PM S~V~S and Turnip Head to make sure you get added.
Already pm'd SVS before I even edited the OP lol. Waiting for a reply.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 4

Post by S~V~S »

You be moved, XiwhqwrqwmfX
SPOILER TAG MANIA!!!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

I can't get the mafia spoiler to open.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not sure why, when I pull it out and isolate it, it works. Proximity to the first one should not matter, but when you click it in place, it defaults to the civvie spoiler. Weird.

I am just curious; why are the roles hidden? Doesn't it make it easier to read a game if they are shown without having to open up a tag?
Dahlia Hawthorne - Cute Faced Murderer: If Dahlia is killed after Day 1, and Phoenix, Maya, and Godot are still alive, she will be given control of a random roleless civ sock account
1. If Dahlia posseses somebody, she will no longer be able to communicate with her mafia teammates.
2. It will not be made public whether or not a possession has taken place, but you can figure it out for yourself.
3. The only way the roleless civ can be saved from possession is through the help of Maya. If the possessed civ is lynched, nightkilled, or shot by Godot, both the civ and Dahlia will die.
4. While possessing a player, Dahlia will still count towards the remaining number of mafia, and the game will still be running if all mafia are dead and Dahlia is possessing a player.
5. If Maya dies after possession has taken place, the only way to kill Dahlia is to sacrifice the civ as well.
6. Dahlia will not know they are Dahlia until they are dead. The remaining mafia will not know who Dahlia has possessed, and Dahlia will not get to choose who she possesses. The result will be random.
7. If Maya gets rid of Dahlia, the previous civ in that sock account will be allowed to play once more, and will be immune to night actions for 2 nights following. Their identity will be revealed in the writeup they are saved in.

The Corrupt (Mafia) - In addition to the regular civ's duty, the Mafia may kill one player per night. The Mafia may also use [NO KILL] or [SACRIFICE] as they see fit.

[NO KILL] - If the Mafia side enacts [NO KILL], the night will end with a fabricated story that a *Player* (of the Mafia’s choice) is targeted by Mafia but is protected by the Medic. [NO KILL] is enacted before the Medic and the Vigi’s action. Under [NO KILL]:

- The Mafia cannot kill or [SACRIFICE] for the night.
- The Medic’s protection for the night becomes ineffective.
- Both [NO KILL] and the Medic’s “protected” targets are “INCONCLUSIVE” upon investigation.
- The Vigi is able to kill the target of Medic’s protection, but not the target of [NO KILL].
- If the Vigi is the target of [NO KILL], the Vigi’s action is interrupted.
- If the UC/dUC is the target of [NO KILL], the targeted UC/dUC’s investigation will return as “BOTCHED.”

[SACRIFICE] - If the Mafia side enacts [SACRIFICE], the identity of the dead Mafia member may be revealed in the write-up as any civilian roles (Regular, Vigi, Medic, or UC) of their choice, and is allowed a last gasp. In [SACRIFICE] mode, the Cause of Death can be fabricated to their own liking (i.e. killed by Vigi, or killed by Mafia). Such a move will NOT change the dead mafia's affiliation. (Therefore, if mafia side wins, he wins.) Under [Sacrifice]:

- The Mafia cannot kill for the night.
- The [Sacrifice] may be “saved” by the Medic if they are the target of the Medic’s protection for the night.
- If the [Sacrifice] chooses the UCs or the Medic as their Death Role, The Vigi gains a kill stock.
- If the [Sacrifice] chooses the Vigi as their Cause of Death, the [Sacrifice] must choose another player to be protected by the Medic from the Mafia in the write-up. The Vigi loses a kill stock as a result.
- if the Mafia enacts [SACRIFICE] as the Vigi, The actual Vigi's kill stock will be reset to 0.

TURNABOUT MECHANIC
This is a special mechanic that will be chosen before the start of the game by The Corrupt. They choose one of two options
Option #1: An extra mafia member (+1, chosen by the Mafia side) with the above rules. Only the dUC's investigating target will be given to mafia side every night until one of the two UCs is killed. [Evidence Theft]

or

Option #2: No bonus mafia member, but Mafia receive names from both UC and dUC's investigated targets every night (in the form of UC: *player 1*; dUC: *player2*) until one of the two UC’s is killed. [Evidence Counterfeit]
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

S~V~S wrote:Not sure why, when I pull it out and isolate it, it works. Proximity to the first one should not matter, but when you click it in place, it defaults to the civvie spoiler. Weird.

I am just curious; why are the roles hidden? Doesn't it make it easier to read a game if they are shown without having to open up a tag?
Dahlia Hawthorne - Cute Faced Murderer: If Dahlia is killed after Day 1, and Phoenix, Maya, and Godot are still alive, she will be given control of a random roleless civ sock account
1. If Dahlia posseses somebody, she will no longer be able to communicate with her mafia teammates.
2. It will not be made public whether or not a possession has taken place, but you can figure it out for yourself.
3. The only way the roleless civ can be saved from possession is through the help of Maya. If the possessed civ is lynched, nightkilled, or shot by Godot, both the civ and Dahlia will die.
4. While possessing a player, Dahlia will still count towards the remaining number of mafia, and the game will still be running if all mafia are dead and Dahlia is possessing a player.
5. If Maya dies after possession has taken place, the only way to kill Dahlia is to sacrifice the civ as well.
6. Dahlia will not know they are Dahlia until they are dead. The remaining mafia will not know who Dahlia has possessed, and Dahlia will not get to choose who she possesses. The result will be random.
7. If Maya gets rid of Dahlia, the previous civ in that sock account will be allowed to play once more, and will be immune to night actions for 2 nights following. Their identity will be revealed in the writeup they are saved in.

The Corrupt (Mafia) - In addition to the regular civ's duty, the Mafia may kill one player per night. The Mafia may also use [NO KILL] or [SACRIFICE] as they see fit.

[NO KILL] - If the Mafia side enacts [NO KILL], the night will end with a fabricated story that a *Player* (of the Mafia’s choice) is targeted by Mafia but is protected by the Medic. [NO KILL] is enacted before the Medic and the Vigi’s action. Under [NO KILL]:

- The Mafia cannot kill or [SACRIFICE] for the night.
- The Medic’s protection for the night becomes ineffective.
- Both [NO KILL] and the Medic’s “protected” targets are “INCONCLUSIVE” upon investigation.
- The Vigi is able to kill the target of Medic’s protection, but not the target of [NO KILL].
- If the Vigi is the target of [NO KILL], the Vigi’s action is interrupted.
- If the UC/dUC is the target of [NO KILL], the targeted UC/dUC’s investigation will return as “BOTCHED.”

[SACRIFICE] - If the Mafia side enacts [SACRIFICE], the identity of the dead Mafia member may be revealed in the write-up as any civilian roles (Regular, Vigi, Medic, or UC) of their choice, and is allowed a last gasp. In [SACRIFICE] mode, the Cause of Death can be fabricated to their own liking (i.e. killed by Vigi, or killed by Mafia). Such a move will NOT change the dead mafia's affiliation. (Therefore, if mafia side wins, he wins.) Under [Sacrifice]:

- The Mafia cannot kill for the night.
- The [Sacrifice] may be “saved” by the Medic if they are the target of the Medic’s protection for the night.
- If the [Sacrifice] chooses the UCs or the Medic as their Death Role, The Vigi gains a kill stock.
- If the [Sacrifice] chooses the Vigi as their Cause of Death, the [Sacrifice] must choose another player to be protected by the Medic from the Mafia in the write-up. The Vigi loses a kill stock as a result.
- if the Mafia enacts [SACRIFICE] as the Vigi, The actual Vigi's kill stock will be reset to 0.

TURNABOUT MECHANIC
This is a special mechanic that will be chosen before the start of the game by The Corrupt. They choose one of two options
Option #1: An extra mafia member (+1, chosen by the Mafia side) with the above rules. Only the dUC's investigating target will be given to mafia side every night until one of the two UCs is killed. [Evidence Theft]

or

Option #2: No bonus mafia member, but Mafia receive names from both UC and dUC's investigated targets every night (in the form of UC: *player 1*; dUC: *player2*) until one of the two UC’s is killed. [Evidence Counterfeit]
Well you said spoilermania so I thought you were giving me a hint because my OP was long as fuck because of the role cards. I will unspoiler them
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nah, I was just really excited about getting the spoiler tag, lol. But I am trying to figure out why that happened, it should not have.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I got a slightly different tag, not as pretty, but you can post multiple spoilers and they all work.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

One more thing, in this game because I am essentially mashing around 5 different games of storyline, characters, and canon together, some things may not match up. For instance, any characters from Miles Edegworth: Investigations, do not have forward facing sprites as that game takes place entirely outside of court. As such, if put on the witness stand, they will most likely be facing left.

Also, in the original writeup, sprites for Mia Fey will be the young variant, but in my story she is actually the same somewhat older age she died at in the first game. That isn't a spoiler by the way. Mia dies after the first case in the very first game, but shows up numerous times after due to the Fey Spirit Channeling Technique.

Additionally, all the characters used in the sock accounts, will not be clues to who is a mafia. All sock account characters are people that were either suspects, witnesses, or otherwise. None were ever found guilty of anything. A few characters will also be exclusive to writeups, and not playable characters or roles

For Example:
Pearl Fey

And Miles Edgeworth

Occasionally I may have your sock accounts interact with each other in the writeups if I find a good way to do so. Any interactions will be purely creative license, and not hints to roles or otherwise. I may from time to time, feature an investigation phase in day time writeups before the trial sections. I may only do this for mafia lynches.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

I wonder if I should play this game :shifty:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Gumshoe wrote:I wonder if I should play this game :shifty:
How you doing Alpha and/or Jason?
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Gumshoe wrote:I wonder if I should play this game :shifty:
How you doing Alpha and/or Jason?
Right over my head. I'm going to assume you think I'm somebody that I'm not.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 3

Re: ????

Post by Ricochet »

What happened with this?!

Also, was G-Man influenced by Gumshoe's avatar to do his Bearglove shtick? :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:What happened with this?!

Also, was G-Man influenced by Gumshoe's avatar to do his Bearglove shtick? :ponder:
What? BEARGLOVE!!!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Ricochet wrote:What happened with this?!

Seeing as how I was almost banned for one, not plural, singular gay joke, I really dont think this site could handle my sense of humor channeled into multiple write ups for the entirety of a mafia game. I feel like I'd be under the microscope where if I move even a millimeter out of line, i'd get a ban hammer for it.

As such, this game is cancelled.

I dont feel like trying to walk on broken glass just to make this game happen.

EDIT: If you want, ask a mod. The only reason I'm not banned for that one joke is because somebody vouched for me, and I dont even know who that is. I was only told by the person who dangled a ban over my head.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

I will be quite willing to discuss this with you by PM. If anyone else has questions or concerns about actions the moderating team has taken, you are more than welcome to PM us and we can discuss it.

Regarding your game, we have no desire to drive you away from hosting here, you are certainly welcome to host. The choice is entirely up to you and we respect the decision either way.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well, I find it unfortunate, I was beginning to get used to the theme, after all.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

After having a conversation or two, I may be reconsidering
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

After further consideration, it still has yet to be proven that the general population here would be able to handle me or my writeups. Bluntly speaking, people here are too sensitive, and love to be offended simply for the sake of being offended. Pitchfork mob mentality is also way too strong. Be a little independent will ya?

This game is still cancelled, and this is likely my last post here as I am extremely annoyed. I will keep in touch with some of you in other forms of communication.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:After further consideration, it still has yet to be proven that the general population here would be able to handle me or my writeups. Bluntly speaking, people here are too sensitive, and love to be offended simply for the sake of being offended. Pitchfork mob mentality is also way too strong. Be a little independent will ya?

This game is still cancelled, and this is likely my last post here as I am extremely annoyed. I will keep in touch with some of you in other forms of communication.
Good. Image

Until you can respect others who ask you not to spoil things, and until you can learn to respect people who give you personal tips rather than behave like a petulant child, your game here won't be well-received. Please feel free to have it played elsewhere.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:After further consideration, it still has yet to be proven that the general population here would be able to handle me or my writeups. Bluntly speaking, people here are too sensitive, and love to be offended simply for the sake of being offended. Pitchfork mob mentality is also way too strong. Be a little independent will ya?

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”