Mad Max [SPEED GAME]

Moderator: Community Team

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 5

Mad Max [SPEED GAME]

Post by G-Man »

The release of Mad Max: Fury Road and it's surprisingly stellar reviews inspired me to resurrect this gem from my Piano game files, including it's horribly crappy game logo. It's a pretty small game but there weren't very many characters in the film. Besides, if Mad Max teaches us anything, it's that less is more! I've got a few more pet projects in the tank but this one should be easy for me as a speed hosting gig. Oh what a day it will be when this game starts. What a lovely day!
MAIN FORCE PATROL
MAX ROCKATANSKY: Member of the MFP and devoted husband. Each night he looks for his wife and son. He will gain BTSC with either of them when he finds them. If both Jessie and Sprog die while Max is still in the game, he will go mad (MAD I say!) and go rogue, killing every night and can then only win if he is the last man standing. As long as both Jessie and Sprog are alive, Max can survive the first NK attempt on him and the kill will rebound on his attacker.

FIFI MACAFEE: Chief of the MFP and trying to locate his patrolmen. Each night he calls out over the radio for his men. He can check a one player each night to see if they are part of the MFP.

JIM GOOSE: Member of the MFP and tough as hell. He can survive the first attempt on his life (lynch or NK).

SARSE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Scuttle. Each night he searches for Scuttle. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

SCUTTLE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Sarse. Each night he searches for Sarse. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

ROOP: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Charlie. Each night he searches for Charlie. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

CHARLIE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Roop. Each night he searches for Roop. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

COMMISSIONER LABATOUCHE: Concerned primarily with finances, Labatouche wants to know how many patrolmen are running around spending his money. Each night he can request a status report on any MFP patrolman (role, not player). The report will tell him if that patrolman is still alive. He may has to check all MFP agents presumed alive (he doesn't have to check NK'd ones) before he can check for any a second time.

CIVILIANS
JESSIE ROCKATANSKY: Vanilla civvie. She can gain BTSC with Max if he locates her.

SPROG ROCKATANSKY: Vanilla civvie. He can gain BTSC with Max if he locates him.

BARRY, THE MFP MECHANIC: Though not a part of the MFP, he can help them. If the player he selects at night is part of the MFP, he will add a little boost to his vehicle. Successful targets receive either a negative vote or a NK protect, whichever comes in handy first but will not know they have the protection.

SILVERTONGUE: A cowardly lawyer, Silvertongue may stop one lynch during the game. If he uses it to save himself or a member of Toecutter's gang, his votes will not count for the rest of the game.

MAY SWAISEY: Don't let the sweet little old lady thing fool you. May is tough as nails and fiercely protective. Each night, she may protect any player of her choice.

STATION MASTER: Timid and feeble, the Station Master of Wee Jerusalem is terrified of Toecutter's gang. If he votes for any member of Toecutter's gang, his vote will not count.

GREASE RAT: He looks out for #1 in both business and life. If he is visited (checked/targeted) by a member of the MFP at night, he will be told about it in the morning. If multiple people target him at night, he will be given a list of all their names and he will be told if a member of the MFP is among them but won't know who. If Toecutter's Gang tries to NK the Grease Rat, all of his accumulated information will be shared with them in exchange for his life. He can win with either side.

SKAGS
TOECUTTER: Leader of the dangerous biker gang terrorizing the countryside. Every night he selects who to kill and which member of his gang will do the killing.

BUBBA ZANETTI: He is Toecutter's second in command and takes over leadership if Toecutter dies. Each night he can block one player of his choice by tampering with their vehicle.

CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

JOHNNY THE BOY: The newest member of Toecutter's gang. Takes over leadership if Toecutter, Bubba, and Cundalini die. Otherwise, a vanilla baddie.

Original Roles
Spoiler: show
CIVILIANS
MAX ROCKATANSKY: Member of the MFP and devoted husband. Each night he looks for his wife and son. He will gain BTSC with either of them when he finds them. If both Jessie and Sprog die while Max is still in the game, he will go mad (MAD I say!) and go rogue, killing every night and can then only win if he is the last man standing.

JESSIE ROCKATANSKY: Vanilla civvie. She can gain BTSC with Max if he locates her.

FIFI MACAFEE: Chief of the MFP and trying to locate his patrolmen. Each night he can investigate a player and will find out if that person is a member of the MFP. Only MFP members yield a positive search result.

JIM GOOSE: Member of the MFP and tough as hell. He can survive the first attempt on his life (lynch or NK).

SARSE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Scuttle. Each night he searches for Scuttle. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

SCUTTLE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Sarse. Each night he searches for Sarse. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

ROOP: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Charlie. Each night he searches for Charlie. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

CHARLIE: Member of the MFP and patrol partner of Roop. Each night he searches for Roop. If they find each other, they will gain BTSC.

BADDIES
TOECUTTER: Leader of the dangerous biker gang terrorizing the countryside. Every night he selects who to kill and which member of his gang will do the killing.

BUBBA ZANETTI: Member of Toecutter's gang. Takes over leadership if Toecutter dies. Otherwise, a vanilla baddie.

JOHNNY THE BOY: Member of Toecutter's gang. Takes over leadership if Toecutter and Bubba die. Otherwise, a vanilla baddie.
Last edited by G-Man on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mad Max [SPEED GAME]

Post by S~V~S »

I remember this game :). I think I died almost immediately.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:I remember this game :). I think I died almost immediately.
Actually, according to my notes, you were one of the final two civvies. The baddies destroyed this game with a vengeance. All three survived and the entire baddie team only got four votes combined. It was a shameful outing for the civvies.
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Really? Was I Jessie or Sprog Rockatansky? That is what I recall. Maybe I am mixing this up with the Gunslinger game. I think I died ASAP in that one.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:Really? Was I Jessie or Sprog Rockatansky? That is what I recall. Maybe I am mixing this up with the Gunslinger game. I think I died ASAP in that one.
You were Sprog. In Gunslinger you were Alice and you were NK'ed Night 2. I plan on resurrecting that game too, with some modifications. :)
My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I remembered being Alice, she was pretty much the saddest character in the books.

That series would make an awesome multi game set up. Although I gotta say, when the author became a pivotal character, I almost (almost) didn't finish the series.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

S~V~S wrote:I remembered being Alice, she was pretty much the saddest character in the books.

That series would make an awesome multi game set up. Although I gotta say, when the author became a pivotal character, I almost (almost) didn't finish the series.
My original paln was to create a game for each of the seven Dark Tower books. I have a rough outline for a Drawing of the Three game which may actually accommodate the larger speed game size here on TS. I'll have to read through the books again to flesh out games for the rest of them. I also haven't read The Wind Through the Keyhole yet though I bought it when it came out. We'll have to see where it fits and whether its worth its own game.

As for book content, I thought King entering his own books was interesting and didn't mind it too much. Might be a sign of ego but who knows. The last book especially didn't live up to my expectations very much and the second half seemed to drag on. Much like Lost, I'm simply okay with how it wrapped things up.
My Banners:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I remember this game :). I think I died almost immediately.
Actually, according to my notes, you were one of the final two civvies. The baddies destroyed this game with a vengeance. All three survived and the entire baddie team only got four votes combined. It was a shameful outing for the civvies.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Syndicate then. :smile:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think our civvies are shameful :)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ricochet »

Was going to suggest adding a few more characters like Furiosa and Joe, but then I actually watched the movies and realized it's strictly based on the first movie and that other role wouldn't make sense. I also saw Road Fury and it was fun, although I don't know why, but certain things from the trailer didn't show up at all:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Okay, here are the updated roles for this game. I believe I am next in line after Spacedaisy's game runs. I'd like some feedback on this if possible. Let me know if this seems too unbalanced either way. I have a few more ideas I can tweak it with in case this isn't a fair setup.

MAIN FORCE PATROL
MAX ROCKATANSKY: Member of the MFP and devoted husband. Each night he looks for his wife and son. He will gain BTSC with either of them when he finds them. If both Jessie and Sprog die while Max is still in the game, he will go mad (MAD I say!) and go rogue, killing every night and can then only win if he is the last man standing. As long as both Jessie and Sprog are alive, Max can survive the first NK attempt on him and the kill will rebound on his attacker.

FIFI MACAFEE: Chief of the MFP and trying to locate his patrolmen. Each night he calls out over the radio for his men. He can check a one player each night to see if they are part of the MFP.

COMMISSIONER LABATOUCHE: Concerned primarily with finances, Labatouche wants to know how many patrolmen are running around spending his money. Each night he can request a status report on any MFP patrolman (role, not player). The report will tell him if that patrolman is still alive. He may has to check all MFP agents presumed alive (he doesn't have to check NK'd ones) before he can check for any a second time.

CIVILIANS

BARRY, THE MFP MECHANIC: Though not a part of the MFP, he can help them. If the player he selects at night is part of the MFP, he will add a little boost to his vehicle. Successful targets receive either a negative vote or a NK protect, whichever comes in handy first but will not know they have the protection.

SILVERTONGUE: A cowardly lawyer, Silvertongue may stop one lynch during the game. If he uses it to save himself or a member of Toecutter's gang, his votes will not count for the rest of the game.

MAY SWAISEY: Don't let the sweet little old lady thing fool you. May is tough as nails and fiercely protective. Each night, she may protect any player of her choice.

STATION MASTER: Timid and feeble, the Station Master of Wee Jerusalem is terrified of Toecutter's gang. If he votes for any member of Toecutter's gang, his vote will not count.

GREASE RAT: He looks out for #1 in both business and life. If he is visited (checked/targeted) by a member of the MFP at night, he will be told about it in the morning. If multiple people target him at night, he will be given a list of all their names and he will be told if a member of the MFP is among them but won't know who. If Toecutter's Gang tries to NK the Grease Rat, all of his accumulated information will be shared with them in exchange for his life. He can win with either side.

SKAGS

BUBBA ZANETTI: He is Toecutter's second in command and takes over leadership if Toecutter dies. Each night he can block one player of his choice by tampering with their vehicle.

CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

JOHNNY THE BOY: The newest member of Toecutter's gang. Takes over leadership if Toecutter, Bubba, and Cundalini die. Otherwise, a vanilla baddie.
My Banners:

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”