[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by sig »

Okay thank you for the clarification Choutas/MM
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
Sorry, sig, I just really couldn't remember who the third player involved was. I think it's because your name is so short and lowercase, maybe. Let's not have distance. *offers hug*

I'll go back and let you know what I saw in bea's posts.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.
I take this risk willingly and openly.

Diiny is known on RYM for playing at a fast pace on Day 1 using methods that very familiar to me personally. I think he and I can work very effectively together if we're both town, and I don't want a player who promises to be active and provide significant effort to be lynched without thoroughly assessing each angle of his content. I think it's valid to be suspicious of Diiny for his aggressiveness, but that suspicion is not especially substantial.

I sought to either increase the substance of my suspicion or to cancel it by communicating plainly with Diiny, including blatantly telling him that what he was doing could very well get him lynched here if he doesn't explain himself adequately. His responses were good enough for me to move on with my Day 1 focus, with the only remaining misgiving being that it took too long for him to really start talking to me (something I think could be the result of my own bias).

Moreover, if he does fall under heavy fire as it appears he might from the non-RYM population in this thread, I want to have the confidence in him as a town-read to defend him. I was almost pleading with him to talk to me for that reason. I'm not quite there though, for the moment it will be his job to defend himself.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Be careful with ISO's sig bc they do islolate posts and then the meaning of your post can get lost out of context.
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote:Be careful with ISO's sig bc they do islolate posts and then the meaning of your post can get lost out of context.
This can happen, certainly. Which is why I'd encourage anyone who feels they've been taken out of context to say so, and to judge the ISOing analyst for whether that contextual discrepancy was intentional.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Be careful with ISO's sig bc they do islolate posts and then the meaning of your post can get lost out of context.
This can happen, certainly. Which is why I'd encourage anyone who feels they've been taken out of context to say so, and to judge the ISOing analyst for whether that contextual discrepancy was intentional.
Why are we encouraging judgment of other players in a mafia game?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why are we encouraging judgment of other players in a mafia game?
:p

Sarcasm aside, I think it's a little too common for those things to be taken as intentional smears instead of misinterpretations or errors.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think the most difficult part is remaining objective. As soon as I see one or two posts that look like baddie behavior to me, I begin trying to read and interpret everything as bad. I haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Which is basically what MM just said, so okay. :P
Me too, earlier. :disappoint:

Ignored as I ever was.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Which is basically what MM just said, so okay. :P
Me too, earlier. :disappoint:
And by so many mafia players before us. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have my doubts that most mafia teams would be concerned enough with a "Dusk 0" poll that they'd deliberately coordinate their votes beyond a couple people maybe on any one person.
I can testify from experience that a) its not unheard of but also b) it's really really really not a good move to make. I remember one game I played on another site where all but one of our team voted for an advantage to one of our teammates on day 0. After she flipped bad, the civs picked us off one by one. Except the one guy who didn't vote with us. He laughed at us bts. He laughed lots. I still hear his laughter.
bea agrees that the Mafia wouldn't coordinate their votes so early. So, that's the first instance of an opinion of "not-Mafia".
bea wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.
As for rico - he seems fairly rico for me atm. I don't have a good feel for his civ vs his bad game as I've only played a few with him and tbh, I don't remember where he ended on any of them. (This is my fault not his) but his meta seems to be what I'd expect from him.
I snipped the quote for clarity. Here, bea defends Rico while not defending him at the same time. (This opinion of mine is new upon this reread, actually) If either bea or Rico turn up bad, then this kind of statement would make me look at the other.
bea wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I should say that's more than an accusation of you being too quiet per se, it's an accusation of you being fundementally off-meta.

Sorsha also raised my eyebrow, chiming in to answer an easy question about polls and then leaving without sharing any views or making any real attempt to play mafia.

I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
Seems my randomization post got a "provoking reaction" :haha:
It usually does from new peeps. Thanks for taking that bullet. :p ;)

DIINY - Sorsha does that. She's got limited time too. She responds to what's most current/on topic when she catches up.

Rox and others - tend to Day 1 Day 1. We recognise that ALL arguments are based on very little. The weakest of pings. And lacking anything concrete to go on, we reserve the right to random vote.

Some of us feel that a random vote is as logical as a super weak "I got nothing else woe is me" Day 1 vote and JUST as easily manipulated by mafia as a "random" vote. I know one player that refuses to read the roles till like day 3.

I tend to not get anything near a vibe or feeling till like day 3 myself so I understand the random. I've done it. I've done it regardless of being civ or mafia. (Because even when I'm mafia, lots of our games are two mafia teams and then I still want to find baddies, just not my baddies) It's not done, at least in my part, to with hold info. It's done to find info. Some people find info differently than others. Some jump in and look and prod and question. Some sit back and watch the prodding and questioning and go from there. BOTH are needed for the civ cause. :noble:

Different styles for different folks. That's what makes this experiment awesome! :D
Here she defends Sorsha against Diiny's suspicion. Also defends Roxy. Continues that in her next post too... how "Rox and I" have "Civ reasons" for acting this way. How does bea know Rox has Civ reasons at all?
bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Srrsly? Lamest day 1 vote ever LC. I haven't stated at all who I think is civ with confidence. My whole argument is I don't know yet who is or isn't . It's like you aren't even reading my posts....

I expect better from you tbh.
I never said "with confidence". You added that. Are you actually trying to shame me?? :disappoint:

Anyways, gotta go out for lunch, be back in a bit.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@ Long Con fine *hugs Long Con while plotting revenge* :P

Jay okay thank you for responding and for your stance of Diiny's playstyle.

@Roxy noted thanks for the advice.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh, I'm not very computer savvy, but if nobody else from TS can pull up the poll from our side, I'd be happy for you or someone else to walk me through getting it through "offline" means.

Also, hello to all the RYMers. Gee ya all post a lot :biggrin:

re: Roxy

From my experience with Roxy (which btw is somewhat limited lately, this is my first game in about two years), her randomizing is not out of the ordinary on day 1.

However, Roxy, do you plan on keeping your vote on Ricochet? Was that a joke vote?

I only ask because of the events that transpired in Day 0. I remember, specifically, you saying "I don't find anything highly questionable regarding Rico's posts" after I said I found his posts highly questionable. Now you vote for him? I'm kind of confused.
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Diiny wrote:
Roxy wrote: Dii - get used to it :)
Your excuse for not actually really playing mafia is 'get used to it?' If you keep playing the way you're playing you're getting a vote. I want to see something solid, meaningful and accountable by day 1 standards from you. I'm not getting used to scumminess, and, if I understand you correctly, that you're asking me to is making me very uncomfortable
Threatening a player with a lynch vote because you don't like their style? Not cool. You may end up with my vote :p But I still have more to catch up on. For now, I have a house to finish painting.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 33

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:@MM On my part or his?
On his part. Let me pull up some Syndicate statistics.

Economics Mafia, Jay had 769 posts.
Bullets over Broadway, Jay had 294 posts, but he subbed in Day 6.
Recruitment Mafia, Jay had 458 posts, but was killed Night 6.

Not your run-of-the-mill minimal poster.
Yeah. JJJ has never been a low poster around these parts. But I don't put much stock in the back and forth between him and llama yet.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:
sig wrote:...I understand it is Day 1 and we have little to go on but this seems kinda very weak.
Not sure how I feel about Rbz's theory, however, if you are civ, then shouldn't this read "...but this IS very weak" as opposed to "seems" and "kinda" ?

:shrug:

Also It could read is very weak, but it isn't very weak it just seems kinda weak. Writing is very weak is more confrontation in my opinion as well as implying it was meant to be weak. While seems kinda weak is just that is seems weak but it might not be.

This is quibbling over something very small, why if I'm civ would I right it the first way instead of the second way?
This might be small, but I've seen people get lynched for wordplay on Day 1 enough in the past.

Same as it ever was. :sigh:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Posting because the host tells me I will be a non-participant if I don't. :sigh:

I will read up throughout today and try to say something intelligent.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:
sig wrote:...I understand it is Day 1 and we have little to go on but this seems kinda very weak.
Not sure how I feel about Rbz's theory, however, if you are civ, then shouldn't this read "...but this IS very weak" as opposed to "seems" and "kinda" ?

Also It could read is very weak, but it isn't very weak it just seems kinda weak. Writing is very weak is more confrontation in my opinion as well as implying it was meant to be weak. While seems kinda weak is just that is seems weak but it might not be.

This is quibbling over something very small, why if I'm civ would I right it the first way instead of the second way?
This might be small, but I've seen people get lynched for wordplay on Day 1 enough in the past.

I agree, in that Mafia have more need to "craft" their posts than Civvies. Sig's accidental reveal that he was going back over his post before posting it to make sure it's just right is a little suspicious to me.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

sig wrote:Rbzmncaeaei I find you suspicious that you find it suspicious that I find you suspicious for thinking I'm suspicious.

Your counter argument is very good, though I don't believe there is any connection. I might have come off as being overly defense, but in my experience it is better to be proactive in defending oneself then being accused of ignoring what others have said about you. As I said Matt I didn't mean to keep the very there it just kinda happened.

When I mentioned bcornett24 I was unaware that we were allowed to change votes this game, this makes his early vote less strange.

linki: Interesting our day 0 poll was about different abilities such as option one does so and so.
Curious to see in my catch-up how your first suspect is interesting.

Idk if it's because I don't know you or your playstyle yet, but I feel like I'm seeing caution flags from you already.
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rundontwalk »

I want to lynch someone from the Syndicate or Choutas.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Russtifinko wrote:Posting because the host tells me I will be a non-participant if I don't. :sigh:

Why are you going to put so much thought in what you post? Trying to hide something? Just post your gut reads whether they are intelligent or not.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rundontwalk wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Posting because the host tells me I will be a non-participant if I don't. :sigh:

Why are you going to put so much thought in what you post? Trying to hide something? Just post your gut reads whether they are intelligent or not.
I support his decision to read up before posting suspicions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [DUSK 0] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Tangrowth »

Choutas wrote:Thanks MP for tripping and getting us into this mess. I had a date with a scorching brunette and now I have to play a mafia with a bunch of smelly, uncivilized game engineers. When this is over I'll be bringing this over to the union...
:clap:

Choutas wrote:I think I did my debt to the theme. I watched Stop Making Sense last night. I thought it was good. TH are musically great yet my style is miles away from that. New Wave must be my least favorite good period of rock. I have to say however that Girlfriend is Better is really addictive I have it on repeat.
Stop Making Sense is amazing and gives a very good sense of what Talking Heads were all about. Highly recommended to anyone in this game who hasn't seen it.

Ricochet wrote:I don't get what the Host meant by "first virtual reality mafia game ever". If so, you may ask yourself, what have we been doing this entire time, playing online mafia?
It's driven by the story. :p

Virtual reality is not forum-based mafia. :feb:

Metalmarsh89 wrote: All I did was go into offline mode and open up some pages from the previous day. I'm pretty sure anyone has the ability to do that. :mafia:
Cheater! :p

I need to figure out a way to prevent this from working.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:On to someone else, quiet Epi is never a good thing...
I will post in concurring crimson to agree with this statement.
Hey!!! No posting in my host color. Read the rules.

Do it again and see what happens. :feb:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Ricochet wrote:Is banter early voting common habit on RYM? I'm oscillating between reading bcornett24's vote as such and wanting to hear more from him on why he desired to make such an early vote for no serious reasons.
this vote seems to be generating some content so it seems to have served its purpose
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

In RYM I like to vote for a lot of different people but I don't know how to do that here. Can we change votes?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rundontwalk wrote:In RYM I like to vote for a lot of different people but I don't know how to do that here. Can we change votes?
You sure can, in this poll at least. Just bold it in the thread as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, we are looking for 1 replacement.

If you know anyone who would be interested, or if you are reading this and would be interested, please let me and Sloonei know. It doesn't hurt to widen our pool of possible replacements.

Thanks!
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Diiny wrote:Brian. (bcornet), you've had a weak start. From a player such as yourself that loves to quickly go toe-to-toe with anything new or challenging that may present itself and read into stuff a lot, I expected more from you than a pretty weak RVS and a lack of meaningful interaction with the thread whatsoever. What's up?
As of last night when I made that post, there was little to no content worth commenting on. Was just looking for some content. I'm reading over everything now, on page 5. There have been 4 pages since I last looked last night which is almost 200 posts.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

To whoever asked (I do not remember right now) - My vote for Ricochet was a for me to say to him - stop posting so famn much. Hence why I said "slow your roll".

I also find it highly suspicious MP was in the thread and did not say one word about random voting :p
(I bet it is KILLING him not to be able to argue his side) :feb:
;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Diiny wrote:I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
More OT banter from Roxy doesn't strike me as anti-town for Day 1 personally. She'll get more involved as she picks up on things she is suspicious of.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:To whoever asked (I do not remember right now) - My vote for Ricochet was a for me to say to him - stop posting so famn much. Hence why I said "slow your roll".

I also find it highly suspicious MP was in the thread and did not say one word about random voting :p
Part of me wishes to be playing this awesome game, but then I would need to clone myself, and make sure that my clone has none of the memories from me developing the game or sending out the roles. :ponder:

Hosting you all so far is really awesome though and better than playing. :D
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:To whoever asked (I do not remember right now) - My vote for Ricochet was a for me to say to him - stop posting so famn much. Hence why I said "slow your roll".

Part of me wishes to be playing this awesome game, but then I would need to clone myself, and make sure that my clone has none of the memories from me developing the game or sending out the roles. :ponder:

Fa-fa-fa-fa fa-fa fa-fa-fa far better, would you say?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Fa-fa-fa-fa fa-fa fa-fa-fa far better, would you say?
:srsnod:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

bcornett24 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Is banter early voting common habit on RYM? I'm oscillating between reading bcornett24's vote as such and wanting to hear more from him on why he desired to make such an early vote for no serious reasons.
this vote seems to be generating some content so it seems to have served its purpose
By some content do you mean how it made some of us wonder qu'est-ce que c'est with your vote and some of us even voting for you after your move? Is this the content you imply you intended to achieve?
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Diiny, I need you to talk to me. If I have developed any ability to read Syndicate games at all yet, I'd say you're the most likely player on Day 1 to be lynched right now as a direct result of your recent content. If you're town, I need you to give me confidence of that with open and continuous dialogue. You're an asset if you're on my side, but for the moment I harbor doubts.
Is there anything specific that you feel diiny has directed at your?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
By some content do you mean how it made some of us wonder qu'est-ce que c'est with your vote and some of us even voting for you after your move? Is this the content you imply you intended to achieve?
This post made "qu'est-ce que c'est?" ring through my mind over and over, even as I read on. I would Like this post if we had that here.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Diiny wrote:
Roxy wrote: Dii - get used to it :)
Your excuse for not actually really playing mafia is 'get used to it?' If you keep playing the way you're playing you're getting a vote. I want to see something solid, meaningful and accountable by day 1 standards from you. I'm not getting used to scumminess, and, if I understand you correctly, that you're asking me to is making me very uncomfortable
Well tend to have a lot more OT banter over here on Day 1. As well as some people who always randomize on Day 1. I think your views on Roxy being bad are coming more from this culture being different, and wold urge you to consider that in your vote. Because I don't see anything I wouldn't expect coming from Roxy yet.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
This post made "qu'est-ce que c'est?" ring through my mind over and over, even as I read on. I would Like this post if we had that here.
:workit:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.
Would you agree that Roxy responded in this manner to Diiny when he went after her?
I was wondering about this as well, but I know nothing of any of the syndicaters metas. Is this how roxy normally responds? (It really reminds me of a aether response, one that can't really be read), Maybe somebody that is used to her play style could speak up?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm still very interested in trying to get a screenshot of TS' Day 0 poll, but based on MP's "Need to find a way to stop this from happening", I'm not sure if he's ruling we are not allowed to or if he is just trying to discourage.

At this point, anyone with computer tech skillz above a fifth grade level (of which I do not have) could probably find the results by themselves without sharing.

Could you give us some clarification, MP, on whether we are allowed to display the results if someone can pull them up?

Linki

Is "meta" an acronym for something? I've seen this used several times already, and I'm not sure what it stands for.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:

I agree, in that Mafia have more need to "craft" their posts than Civvies. Sig's accidental reveal that he was going back over his post before posting it to make sure it's just right is a little suspicious to me.

I always read through my posts as I'm sure you've seen my spelling and grammar skills aren't always the best when typing, especially when I type quickly. It seems as if your trying to find more reasons to find me suspicious, I've played as mafia before and while I'm not great I wouldn't have done something quite so stupid.

This is also all in regards to my wording of Seems/Kinda/Very which I've already said was a mistake on my part. This seems to me to be a desperate attempt to get me lynched.

Also this was all started by Bernie Sanders and honestly what does he know about spelling he is a socialists? (I only kid no offense intended)
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: All I did was go into offline mode and open up some pages from the previous day. I'm pretty sure anyone has the ability to do that. :mafia:

So I'm not really sure how to get around this, but I trust that everyone will not engage in this behavior, just as if I would hope that players do not break the "NO BTSC" rule.

The threads have been removed from viewing for a specific purpose, so please don't use backdoor ways to view them.

I appreciate that Metalmarsh89 was forthright about it and brought this to public attention, so despite engaging in it he will not be punished. However, going forward I would appreciate if both he and others did not do this.

Thanks!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

So I'm not really sure how to get around this, but I trust that everyone will not engage in this behavior, just as if I would hope that players do not break the "NO BTSC" rule.

The threads have been removed from viewing for a specific purpose, so please don't use backdoor ways to view them.

I appreciate that Metalmarsh89 was forthright about it and brought this to public attention, so despite engaging in it he will not be punished. However, going forward I would appreciate if both he and others did not do this.

Thanks!
What about taking screenshots of the polls and keeping them for reference, and saying in the thread, "As I recall, X had 4 votes and Y had 3" etc, effectively putting out the poll for public analysis?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In the interest of fairness, I will post the screenshot of The Syndicate Day 0 poll shortly. I was intending on it being a lesson of "save information if you wanted it" only for those initial threads, but since Metalmarsh accessed the RYM poll through backdoor way, and I do not want this happening going forward, I will at least post the other poll for all of your reference.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
Are you saying that you feel diiny's posts are him forcing himself into his meta? It has been suggested that he is purposefully overreacting to posts in order to generate content? Do you think this is an alternative motive?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:
Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:

I always read through my posts as I'm sure you've seen my spelling and grammar skills aren't always the best when typing, especially when I type quickly. It seems as if your trying to find more reasons to find me suspicious, I've played as mafia before and while I'm not great I wouldn't have done something quite so stupid.

This is also all in regards to my wording of Seems/Kinda/Very which I've already said was a mistake on my part. This seems to me to be a desperate attempt to get me lynched.
That's an extreme thing to say. Personally, I'm neither trying to get you lynched, nor am I desperate to do so.

Your explanation as to why you would be going back over your posts makes a lot of sense to me. I have indeed noticed that your spelling and grammar skills are not the best, and I wish to correct errors every single time, but I have learned over time that it's just not worth it. Except it's "you're". Sorry! :ninja:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Option 1: A player of your choice may ask the host whether a certain player is a certain role. That player will be told yes or no.
Option 2: All female players gain temporary BTSC for one cycle. Info-dumping and role outing is not permitted.
Option 3: Every player picks a city. Players will live in that city during the subsequent cycle.
Option 4: A player of your choice is consumed by insanity, the effects of which are unknown.
Option 5: Five players of your choice receive a rock. These rocks can be thrown at another player to block them.
Option 6: A player of your choice can use their night power twice during the subsequent Night.
Option 7: A player of your choice can track another player. During the subsequent Day, the player tracked may send a message to the tracker.
Option 8: A fake account can post and cast a vote the subsequent Day.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”