[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by MacDougall »

reywaS wrote:hello
Sweet contribution to the thread so far reywaS.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:Posting because the host tells me I will be a non-participant if I don't. :sigh:

I will read up throughout today and try to say something intelligent.
Well?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

seaside wrote: 3. Floyd is a huge town read.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I remember making this argument on RYM quite a few times when people were screwing around on day 1.

It was always a favourite easy way for me to play supertown as scum.

And you say I influence you...

:srsnod:
Have I ever played town cheerleader/head coach as mafia? You bet. :feb:

I do it in every game though regardless of alignment, even around here where nobody knows me that well yet and I haven't proven myself. :p

What do you think Mac? Am I nefarious or not?
The sheer fact that you're in Sweden and play mafia instead of enjoying life proves you're nefarious. Definitely not a guy I'd trust.
That being said don't you find DrWilgy's post too much fluff with little substance?
what does DrWilgy's post (which one?) have to do with this response? Bit of change of direction at the end there.
ImageImageImage
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

My vote for you was to get the ball rolling. I'm glad you started posting. I'll change my vote to the Doctor
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

motel room wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I remember making this argument on RYM quite a few times when people were screwing around on day 1.

It was always a favourite easy way for me to play supertown as scum.

And you say I influence you...

:srsnod:
Have I ever played town cheerleader/head coach as mafia? You bet. :feb:

I do it in every game though regardless of alignment, even around here where nobody knows me that well yet and I haven't proven myself. :p

What do you think Mac? Am I nefarious or not?
The sheer fact that you're in Sweden and play mafia instead of enjoying life proves you're nefarious. Definitely not a guy I'd trust.
That being said don't you find DrWilgy's post too much fluff with little substance?
what does DrWilgy's post (which one?) have to do with this response? Bit of change of direction at the end there.
I wanted to joke about him being in Sweden, I used the same post to ask him about the doctor I have posted another one pointing out his last post.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sig wrote:I think your trying to get me to respond in an attempt to make me slip up and get me lynched, and it really isn't my place to tell you who has been suspicious of me that would be like building the case for my own lynch a rather silly thing to do.
I don't think it would be a silly thing to do, and I don't think it would be like building the case for your own lynch. I don't know where motel room was going when he asked you who has been suspicious of you (he should expand on that if he hasn't already), but I am underwhelmed that you didn't even consider that he might be going somewhere.

I'm struggling to read this post through townie eyes, SIG. What exactly could your potential "slip up" be in this situation, as a townie, which would progress motel room's hypothetical angle to get you lynched?

Note: going to use caps lock and large font to denote a vote now instead of colors.
I don't know I can't see his angle however, as I said I've had many times were mafia will push me since I'm a messier player, my slip up could be as simply as saying "seem kinda very weak" instead of just saying seems kinda weak. Which someone has already pointed out. Maybe slip up wasn't the right wording but it was the only that came to mind.
I found his vote and reasons for voting very weak. His line of questioning also seemed very strange, asking who else was suspicious of me etc. I also didn't like that as I said earlier he zeroed in on me instead of the others who voiced their opinion on RVS and the wording he used to do it.

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't know where motel room was going when he asked you who has been suspicious of you (he should expand on that if he hasn't already), but I am underwhelmed that you didn't even consider that he might be going somewhere.
I was just unfamiliar with the accusations he was on about. In my read through nothing really stood out as anti-sig

Anyone here familiar with sig wants to weigh in? Is he an easy button lynch often? Cos that response was all D-FENS
So your saying your lynch vote was based around my view on RVS and that only, and that you were unfamiliar with someone of this view or something else? Even when I'm not an easy lynch button I get defensive when I start to get votes.

I won't be back until later this afternoon, so feel free to address any questions you have to me I will answer them later.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

There was a LOT of talk while I slept! I am caught up now.
MacDougall wrote:Okay so you went to the grand final, so you'd be acutely aware of the fact that shit was happening this weekend.

I got needs and wants beyond tapping a keyboard. I do that all day for a job. Long weekend means sitting on the riverbank fishing for Mr MacDougall. That's a forum free zone.

In fairness to you I don't think that what you're doing here is necessarily scummy. I do think it's reaching though, but I will give you a pass that on day 1 you don't have much to go for.

I think you're just picking on me because I'm familiar and you're doing that thing where you gravitate to people you know at parties where there are loads of strangers haha. :p
HEY...something actually made me chuckle. :D This may mean that I vote along with you today. Anyone else have some funnies?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Funnily enough RYM for a music site rarely had any music themes.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:*Wilgy ponders around this virtual landscape, kicking at the ground alittle bit* I should make sure to show my gratitude to those who helped me get the A.CEO position. When we get out of here, I'll take my co-workers out for a good drink. Now... what is the fastest way out of here? *Wilgy looks up to see a humanoid pinto bean standing before him, Wilgy grabs his hand and begins to lead him back towards the others* I should introduce this pinto bean to MM! I'm sure they will be friends!

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Before any quotes, I'd like to point out an initial suspicion. It never sits right with me when someone claims that they will be changing and/or playing with a different style after role cards have already been distributed. This applies to Rico, and BWT. I'm not going to go back and try to quote the comment because I'm pretty sure it was Day 0. Rico stated that he'd be more zany and BWT followed suit, almost immediately after Rico. I do not recall BWT's reasoning for claiming a more zany (zanier? zaniest? are those actual words? they don't sit right with me.) and would like to hear about this. Also, someone correct me if my memory of Day 0 events are failing me.
I believe a factor of the "zaniness" is the ongoing contest with the prize going to the person who uses the most Talking Heads in their posts. Zanier and zaniest sit fine with me, as the comparative and superlative forms of 'zany'. :srsnod:
BWT was on the chopping block for eight consecutive days in Recruitment, but was finally lynched Day 9 and flipped as a harmless civilian. He subbed back in for another player on Day 10, and was immediately lynched on Day 11, and flipped civilian.

His intention to play zanier/est doesn't surprise me much. :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: BWT's firsy lynch was as a harmless unrecruited, not civilian.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I accidentally implied I was civilian.
But you're not, right? :mafia:

How can you accidentally imply you are civilian? Isn't that like the most basic claim used in mafia history, at the beginning and throughout the games?

Here, lemme make you imply some more: Are you bad?
To me it's so obvious that mm was joking that it seems opportunistic to call him out for this, but if it's a community thing, feel free to shoot me down.
I don't like to make statements like "I'm civvie, don't lynch me". Everyone wants to look civvie, so saying so is useless.

I got flak in my first game on RYM for being the only one not to character claim.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:You milk marmot now? That sounds disgusting. Please no.
Please no.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I'm sincerely sorry for offending you, my tendency to start drama unintentionally is another one of the reasons I've continued to avoid mafia and online communities in general, starting over with a new name after new name again and again.

You don't have to worry about drama with Long Con. If I say you offended me, it is merely in game-context, and it doesn't mean I'm really upset. I can get incredibly frustrated with a player in-game - Epignosis and Cobalt come to mind - but when I think about either of those dudes I just smile and shake my head and say "I love that guy!" There's times I would have strangled Epi, but I'm also honoured that he asked me to co-host his upcoming Arkham game. So don't stress about me, I still hope to have a long Mafia friendship with you and all the RYM folks. :grin:
My wording was overly harsh to drive the point in but I did not mean to imply that there was anything wrong with your style, or anything about you for that matter. My reference to you not reading was referring to your comment to JJJ wondering why he colored his vote for you rather than bolding it, when he explained that earlier. Noticeably missing a single post is a far cry from an "overt failure to read everything", so I take that back, even without the context that it offended you, so again, I apologize.
I see what you mean, I thought you said that because I voted for bea without giving a bunch of opinions on what others had been saying first. I did read JJJ's post about colouring his votes. What I did not understand was that he also intended for colour-bold to entirely indicate that a vote was being cast. It looks identical to what some other people are doing as a name-reference thing - kneel4justice colours every single name in the posts he makes, but he's not voting for each one.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm going to try to use colors when I bold my votes because I absolutely cannot see the plain white bold.
I totally get this, because the bold on this site leaves much to be desired, but:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Vote for Diiny. This man knows how to kick Day 1 into a frenzy and he's not doing it. 'Splain!
This is what I was expecting a vote to look like, but instead his vote just looked like a coloured name to get attention from the named, like k4j.
The only thing I take issue with in your response is the assumption that I have no responsibilities; you could not possibly even imagine how incorrect you are with that statement, but it's a reasonable assumption considering everything else, so no hard feelings.
That's fair, it was an assumption based on this:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote: Thank you though, in the past I have been unable to dedicate myself to supertowning but considering I am currently jobless, school-free, and fixing to move across the U.S. to find myself...
Your description of your current situation sounded very responsibility-free. I guess it could have sounded slightly more responsibility-free if you had said you were going backpacking for six months in Australia, but you can see why I would assume such a thing. ;) Of course, no offense at all was intended. And the revelation that you are The Phuncky Feel One from Piano is awesome - good to see you again! :nicenod: :nicenod: :nicenod:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Almost caught up. Switching my vote to the pingiest of pings in Russtidingo.

Se y'all later.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Back from work and an ENT consult (mild infection) and still don't have much time until later, so I'll just address a few mentions about me for now - be a little more selfish, it might do me some good. :workit:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh no, FZ is in Serious Business mode. I don't know why you treat me so bad. Think of all the things we could have had. :workit:

I am not bothered with how I appear in this game, either. Not one bit. I made a statement to the other players, back in the private Syndicate thread, but it's now vanished. It's not my fault you joined the RYM camp and now you seem to be lashing at me for not seeming as consistent as you'd expect like me to be, just because you have such meta on me from previous games.

Anyway, what I said over there can summed like this: I'm immersing in the theme. Incidentally, the Host happened to also issue a contest that totally justifies my plan to have fun and be zany. TH is fun and zany music, so I plan to have fun and be zany. This will not affect my regular gameplay, only add a dimension to it. As for my regular gameplay, I repeat that you may pretend too much from me, 10 hours into Day 1. You're saying I'm talking a lot, without saying anything, but you're accusing me without bringing too much just as well. If you're clinging on the my post on b24, I literally pointed out that I actually questioned him. If my replies haven't satisfied you, it's you shutting the door, not me.

Don't like fun? Lo siento. Take it easy, take it easy. :workit:
My "too nervous for a town" alarm went off with this post.
No need to worry. Evr'ything's under control. :workit: I wasn't nervous at any point in this game, but ok, I get what you're saying. Thing is, I'm actually more town when I address what players think, say or even suss me for head on. I never leave remarks on me just fly by.
DrWilgy wrote:Before any quotes, I'd like to point out an initial suspicion. It never sits right with me when someone claims that they will be changing and/or playing with a different style after role cards have already been distributed. This applies to Rico, and BWT. I'm not going to go back and try to quote the comment because I'm pretty sure it was Day 0. Rico stated that he'd be more zany and BWT followed suit, almost immediately after Rico. I do not recall BWT's reasoning for claiming a more zany (zanier? zaniest? are those actual words? they don't sit right with me.) and would like to hear about this. Also, someone correct me if my memory of Day 0 events are failing me.
I try to make myself clear. I didn't outright claim from the beginning how different I'll play, what I did was explaining myself after the differences were picked up on by others, both in the Day 0 thread and here. I don't know what was I supposed to declar before the beginning of the game, although even in sign ups I gave a first taste of this.
DrWilgy wrote: :ponder: Rico, how do you feel this "dimension" will affect the game overall?
The game or my game? Idk, I expect players with the "srs bizz" hat on to disapprove or even turn the heat on me, but I am doing nothing to throw the gameplay off balance, I'm only expressing myself the way I want. To such players, I recommend checking a past Special game called Omerta and see if my fun mode proved any indication that I must be bad and hiding behind the act. Furthermore, I was truly unhelpful in that game, so players had reasons to boot me. I am not doing anything resembling that in here.

I can't comment on BWT's choice, so far he's not even too focused on this, pulling nothing more than a few quotes, from the same highly popular songs. Epigone, at best. :workit:

As for my game, it will affect nothing besides the writing style.
Golden wrote:Rico on this page is making me vote rico. I'm not a fan of the slightly defensive rico I'm seeing. I still need to go back and think about why I feel bad the whole time. It does start a bit with hearing that even he and MR F were going at it in the other thread. Aggressive rico bothers me. In the words of llama, I think there is precedent for rico playing the Detective Aggressive Scumhunt von Threadleader style.
I'm surprised, we've played enough games before for you to have an idea of how intense I can get in rebuttals. Same as it ever was! Also, I don't get where I've been aggressive, nor where I've been DAS von T so far, maybe you can expand on that. Finally, at the risk of being deserving of pedantic pink yet again, you're "not a fan of "slightly defensive rico", then you're bothered by "aggressive rico". Well, which one am I?
seaside wrote: 11. Bit suss on person refusing to vote till the end as knowing where ur mind is can help us make an informed decision.
If that's me, then you might have misunderstood me. I'll holding on to a late vote as a form of deliberation. I'm not holding on to expressing "where my mind" is, throughout a phase. I'm doing that, in fact, in form of posting, questioning, rebutting. As I've said, changeable votes are infrequent here and the few times they happened, I gained no extra incentive in my voting habit.
Golden wrote:@Rico - RVS is great with changeable votes, because it can push some people into the act of talking, but you can also get a clear sense of whether or not people are being logical over time. It's different to be sure, but it's still important to test that when a vote finally lands for the end of the day, it is logical. It just creates a new form of analysis. (Which I guess JJ and MM kind of went on to say).
I understand all of this. As I've said above, it simply doesn't fuel my analysis. I can do the same pushing, sense-getting and testing in writing, throughout the phase.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con, could you please point to posts by bea that do not align with her claim that "her whole argument is she doesn't know yet who is or isn't civ"? You might not buy into her refutation of your accusation, but I need more than a blank dismissal.
...unless this was the way you indicated a vote. I thought you just coloured that to get my attention, but maybe it was intended also as a vote indicator. :shrug: Too subtle.
It's actually colored and bolded. Zebra was correct earlier when he said I am using color in addition to bold to indicate votes. When I use the plain bold on this white text I seriously can't even tell it's bolded. It wasn't a terribly substantive vote by me for you though; I tend to use votes as a way of poking people hard and encouraging direct intercourse.*

You responded admirably to my request for specific cases of bea making civ-oriented defenses of people instead of neutral-oriented defense. I'm looking for somewhere else to put my vote now.
I get it now, I just didn't realize that you were going to do it blended into the context of your regular posting sentences. :srsnod:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy, I'm glad to see you took your vote off me, but you're not allowed to placehold.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:@motel go ahead vote for me, as long as i'm number two it's all good. I however, will be voting for you am I being serious or is it just a random vote who knows? :grin:

Also if a point seems misguided (which in my opinion it isn't) why go after me and not the one who originally said it? I agreed with Epi I didn't piggyback off of him, using the term piggybacking is a way to make it seem like I'm scum for agreeing with him, even if he isn't scum, this seems like a very scummy thing for you to do. I'm a weaker player and easier to get lynched, multiply people have voiced suspicions against me, and making it seem that I've been budding up to a stronger player and "piggybacking" off them will justify a Day 1 lynch against me.
find it interesting that out of everything this is what you zero in on especially since I'm not the first to say this about the RVS.

linki: Wigly the Siggiest Sig post ever(I must admit I giggled at that) Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Well, considering that you are civilian almost every game we have played together, I would have to say it's a good thing.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:In order to preform my job as well as possible, I will not be voting for JJJ unless absolutely needed.
I'm not voting for JJJ either (today) but what does this even mean?
DrWilgy wrote:So as I'm browsing it seems there isn't much worth quoting. Disagreements in play style seem to be at large here. I find it amusing and wonder where it will take us. I'll place a vote on BWT for now, until I have further information about what was stated day 0, and why it was stated. I'm with the others on abolishing RVS, and I won't be voting for JJJ, Epi, Diiny, or Choutas.
Your unflinching confidence in not voting for certain people is utterly bizarre to me. Can someone (you, preferably) explain to me if this is in-character for you and if so, why?
Wilgy, being followed by a pinto bean man, approaches Zebra, introduces them to one another, hands Zebra a note, then walks away. The note reads: It's a thingy I took from MM, he's my friend. I've noticed that he marks off players that he won't vote for based on the days events. I learned that my normal trigger happy playstyle wouldn't work here (on syndicate) a few games ago, so I'm trying to adopt something similar to this. Find players I like, and keep them around until we obtain more information. Based upon what these players have said, I think they would be very good for our team if they are good. This is why I'm willing to keep them around.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:The sheer fact that you're in Sweden and play mafia instead of enjoying life proves you're nefarious. Definitely not a guy I'd trust.
I'm not in Sweden yet, but I will be in a few days. When I'm there, mafia will definitely take a back seat to seeing the world. My posting rate will probably plummet to the bare minimum. I'm actually picking my friend up at the airport in London today so it might plummet even sooner.

I didn't have that impression about Wilgy's post at a glance, no. I don't entirely remember everything in it though so I'll look again. Have you already stated what about it you found fluffy?

Also, I don't think you were terrible as momokuro. You were just killed too early to make your mark.
He has only post that isn't complete roleplaying this http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 50#p181650 his posts are mostly questions or mentioning Metas, the worthwhile part imo is this "So as I'm browsing it seems there isn't much worth quoting. Disagreements in play style seem to be at large here. I find it amusing and wonder where it will take us. I'll place a vote on BWT for now, until I have further information about what was stated day 0, and why it was stated. I'm with the others on abolishing RVS, and I won't be voting for JJJ, Epi, Diiny, or Choutas." He votes someone without giving reasons or claiming it's RVS and then says his supports the abolishment of RVS and that he won't vote for some of the guys without explaining why.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it?
Good sir! re-read my post. I'm just wanting some feedback about BWT regarding Day 0. I would like to now know from you, is there something wrong with pulling up questions and meta?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I believe a factor of the "zaniness" is the ongoing contest with the prize going to the person who uses the most Talking Heads in their posts. Zanier and zaniest sit fine with me, as the comparative and superlative forms of 'zany'. :srsnod:
BWT was on the chopping block for eight consecutive days in Recruitment, but was finally lynched Day 9 and flipped as a harmless civilian. He subbed back in for another player on Day 10, and was immediately lynched on Day 11, and flipped civilian.

His intention to play zanier/est doesn't surprise me much. :shrug2:
I see, I didn't think about that. Normally players stating that they will be doing something different after roles have been delivered is a scum flag for me. If a player has the intention to change their style and it's not mid game yet, why not declare it in the signup page pre-role distribution?

I'd like to hear BWT's thoughts on what I have said.

linki: Ty Rico, I will also not be voting for you today. (did I liki right? can someone give me an exact definition? I've used context to figure it out up until this point)
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yes, you've used the linki quite well.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Since I can't vote for myself or MP, I'll vote for the one person I said I'd consider voting. Vote registered for Diiny.

I'm sorry if this has been cleared up, but his frustration with Roxy's style seeming to be anti-town or unhelpful to the town cause seemed over-the-top and almost fake. Unfortunately, that is about where I left off (at least that was the last series of posts from him that I got to) so that is my reason for voting him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

The first part of my first sentence should have been in sarc orange, btw :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

DrWilgy wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:The sheer fact that you're in Sweden and play mafia instead of enjoying life proves you're nefarious. Definitely not a guy I'd trust.
I'm not in Sweden yet, but I will be in a few days. When I'm there, mafia will definitely take a back seat to seeing the world. My posting rate will probably plummet to the bare minimum. I'm actually picking my friend up at the airport in London today so it might plummet even sooner.

I didn't have that impression about Wilgy's post at a glance, no. I don't entirely remember everything in it though so I'll look again. Have you already stated what about it you found fluffy?

Also, I don't think you were terrible as momokuro. You were just killed too early to make your mark.
He has only post that isn't complete roleplaying this http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 50#p181650 his posts are mostly questions or mentioning Metas, the worthwhile part imo is this "So as I'm browsing it seems there isn't much worth quoting. Disagreements in play style seem to be at large here. I find it amusing and wonder where it will take us. I'll place a vote on BWT for now, until I have further information about what was stated day 0, and why it was stated. I'm with the others on abolishing RVS, and I won't be voting for JJJ, Epi, Diiny, or Choutas." He votes someone without giving reasons or claiming it's RVS and then says his supports the abolishment of RVS and that he won't vote for some of the guys without explaining why.
Good sir! re-read my post. I'm just wanting some feedback about BWT regarding Day 0. I would like to now know from you, is there something wrong with pulling up questions and meta?
What does day 0 mean to you? You know something we don't? Cause you go to great lengths to get an answer about something as trivial as day 0.
Pulling up questions and meta is not bad or unconducive. I found it strange that after all that you linked you said there isn't enough stuff to vote for someone, disregarded SVP and then voted someone(from your reply) in order to force an answer.

Your playing is exotic. I don't get it.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

Choutas wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

What does day 0 mean to you? You know something we don't? Cause you go to great lengths to get an answer about something as trivial as day 0.
Pulling up questions and meta is not bad or unconducive. I found it strange that after all that you linked you said there isn't enough stuff to vote for someone, disregarded SVP and then voted someone(from your reply) in order to force an answer.

trivial as day 0? nothing is trivial my friend. Even if it was day 0, we knew our roles, and that impacts what we say and do. What is strange about what I did? you voted me so that I'd talk more didn't you?

exotic... a synonym of eye-catching, which is a synonym of impactful, conspicuous, dramatic, impressive, spectacular, breathtaking, dazzling, and amazing. I'm ok with this.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

DrWilgy wrote:
Choutas wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

trivial as day 0? nothing is trivial my friend. Even if it was day 0, we knew our roles, and that impacts what we say and do. What is strange about what I did? you voted me so that I'd talk more didn't you?

exotic... a synonym of eye-catching, which is a synonym of impactful, conspicuous, dramatic, impressive, spectacular, breathtaking, dazzling, and amazing. I'm ok with this.
I thought that day 0 is not considered canon. Like we're not allowed to use it to impact the game. Can a mod clear this up. I may be completely wrong dunno.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Day 0 counts as much as we want it to count, as far as I know. If someone did something suspicious on Day 0, then it's valid to suspect them for it during the remainder of the game.

However, I find a preoccupation with Day 0 to be suspicious in and of itself, because there has been plenty of content during Day 1 to sift through. Focusing on Day 0 seems like an angle, a weak way to have conversation and seem to be involved.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 33

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

bcornett24 wrote: Now to focus on this post, I think this vote is easy, too easy. This is a convenient chance to direct attention in a very specific direction. This also feels like an attempt to buddy up to jay. Based on this post, I'm assuming that you don't care for or participate in RVS making this a very serious vote. Based on that I am not sure what purpose this is supposed to serve. This feels like a combination of forced interaction as well as suspicion direction.

There have been a few questionable statements made by people thus far but none that have truly hit a cord with me, not like this post here.
Well you are certainly right that I'm not a big RVS type of player. I tend to try to go after someone I'm suspicious of on Day 1 rather than randomize my vote.

I'm not sure why you think this vote is convenient, but I'm not doing it to buddy up to Jay. I am curious as to why you think that though.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Ricochet wrote:Roxy, I'm glad to see you took your vote off me, but you're not allowed to placehold.
Why not? You were my placeholder so far should I return my vote there?

When you allow changeable votes then expect people to vote in wonky ways until we get closer to lynch time.

Still reading and thinking.
;)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Roxy, I'm glad to see you took your vote off me, but you're not allowed to placehold.

When you allow changeable votes then expect people to vote in wonky ways until we get closer to lynch time.

Actually, I just mean voting for the non-player option, but this got stuck in my head, probably from Recruitement, as voting that as a placeholder.
MovingPictures07 wrote:6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Actually, I just mean voting for the non-player option, but this got stuck in my head, probably from Recruitement, as voting that as a placeholder.
MovingPictures07 wrote:6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option.
Good eye, Rico. Roxy must be punished! :feb:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Roxy is being classic Roxy from what I can tell (she even called me rude before knowing who I was :P).
When reading this from Rbz's post last night, I was mildly pinged because I did not recall Rbz revealing who he is/was from other forums (the most he said at the time was that he used to play for the Piano), and I did not recall Roxy acknowledging it. So I looked through all of their posts and there was never any such interaction. I became wild with "omgomg slip slip they must have btsc"...however, then I decided that it might be possible Rbz PMed Roxy just to chat about old Piano days or something, so I let it go.

A few pages later...
Roxy wrote:So RBZDKSIOPWNK is Keterman?

Why not sign up for the game as Keterman? Ya know with your syndicate Keterman account?
So..."before knowing who I was"...when did she find out who you were, and why is she now playing it off like she doesn't know?
Image Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Good eye, Rico. Roxy must be punished! :feb:
Yes yes a punishment! And when you are done punishing me punish all the girls. :D (this is from Monty Python - ad libbed ofc for those who dont know me)

MF - what is your point? That I have btsc with RBZXCKSN AKA Keterman?

It was not that I knew who he was. I had noidea until he posted sometime after I logged off that He was Phunky Feeler from The Piano and Keterman from here. I was wondering why the subterfuge?
;)
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:On to someone else, quiet Epi is never a good thing...
Is loud Epi always a good thing? Be careful what you wish for. :mafia:

And I think...

...nope, I'm going to harp on this one comment.

"Quiet Epi is never a good thing."

Well now let's see.

Raise your hand if loud Epi ever railroaded you when you were a civilian and got your ass lynched.

Raise your hand if you wished loud Epi would have shutted up the fuck.

I thought so.

I don't see why me being quiet is "never a good thing." :suspish:
:haha:
*Raises 10 hands*

Still, I can only speak for myself, but never have I felt that when you were bad. In every game you got me lynched, or I wanted you to shut up, you were a civvie. In special cases, and independent role. When you're quiet it's more likely you're either bad or an indie that only wants to survive. In that sense, quiet Epi is not a good thing.

Even the posts you quoted and replied to in this post (that I cut down), you're not really bringing anything new to the table, and you're mostly replying to strategy talk and not to actual suspicions. I'm still in the middle of catching up, but this post didn't make me feel better
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Quiet Epi is never a good thing."

Well now let's see.

Raise your hand if loud Epi ever railroaded you when you were a civilian and got your ass lynched.

I thought so.

*raises hand* :sigh:

You make a good point. I wanna know exactly what "quiet Epi is never a good thing" really means to FZ. I want to know why she said it exactly, a ideally with some reference points where he was a quiet baddie and it was not a good thing... or something. You know.
Well, hm.
I don't have that much experience with Epi, so maybe I am wrong in thinking that his vocalness is associated with civ. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I just remember in my very first game, I think that it was WWE Mafia, he was very vocal and controlling of the thread. His personality is one of the few that I remember. Then in Cards Against Humanity, he was very different and quiet, in the beginning at least (he did become very vocal in the end). Now that I am recalling more details of the game, perhaps the quietness was game specific - because the mafia teams were divided, so a team of 4 were broken up into pairs of 2...I don't think that we knew who our other team mates were, so maybe he just didn't want to lynch his teammates. I did play this game a long time ago. FZ and MM saying that quiet is never a good thing with him just added onto my confidence in thinking I saw a difference between his civvie and mafia behavior. Perhaps not?
Yes, this is what I meant.
Epignosis wrote:I'll give an example. In Death Note, I was loudly proclaiming FZ. was bad based on great logic and numbers. I was incorrect. I was neutral (but, in my own opinion, civilian allied). I tried so hard to burn FZ.

Yet FZ. raises my quietude as an issue for concern. Consider that.
You're twisting things. I don't like it. You know exactly what I meant.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:MF - what is your point?
I'm curious as to why Rbz would imply that you found out who he was, and then later you ask who he is.

:confused:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Perhaps it's weaksauce, and I know many dislike pings based on how people word things, but just sound it out...say it aloud...
She even called me rude before knowing who I was
This implies, that at some point, you found out who he was.

Now, had he said "before finding out who I am" or "before knowing who I am", that would be different. But the way he worded it, in the past tense, it sounds to me like he's saying that you eventually found out who he was, and he found it funny that you called him rude before you found out.

Later, you come on the thread, saying, "So Rbz is Keterman?"

Rbz - Do you mind clarifying your statement about Roxy?
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:JaggedJimmyJay, I think you forgot to bold your vote for me in the thread.
I think you will find that the rules do not require him to do so.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Idgaf how he worded it I am telling what happened on my end.

We were never friends before on any site so there would be no reason for him to PM me nor I him. Last I remember him was his being replaced/killed for inactivity on my Monty Python game. Which made me mad bc it was my favorite role of the gam and the ability was never once used.
;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Diiny wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Diiny earlier said that he expected so much more out of me, after reading for everything thus far, I would like to point out that many of the players in this game have said little to nothing. Most of the content has been generated by a rather small group of participants.
True, but I don't like this. Don't draw attention away from your own lack of activity; be active! I want to see the brian I know and, if you'll q-quite forgive me, love. :hug: That said I'm only skimming so you may have shown that but this jumped out at me
Of the four games, i've played this being the 5th, I have not had the same meta in any game (although, this is open to interpretation), which makes that hardly true.
You haven't played identically, and yes you've only played 5 games, but I'm sure others will agree that you can have a certain undeniable townie aura at times, one that you've never managed to replicate as scum and that you're not showing as of yet.
I agree with Diiny that brian DOES have a meta, although he doesn't like to think so.

I also see no reason to think brian is off-town-meta right now. Sure, he is a little quiet, but I don't think quietness alone is brian's meta. It's what he does say with what he posts. He feels like town brian to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
bea wrote:Rox and others - tend to Day 1 Day 1. We recognise that ALL arguments are based on very little. The weakest of pings. And lacking anything concrete to go on, we reserve the right to random vote.
I don't like this. "All arguments [Day 1] are based on very little." All? No, no they aren't. I think I (and others) have demonstrated time after time that Days 1 are a civilian's greatest tool for setting up a winning game. To shrug it off like this in praise of randomness (and who is to prove if someone actually voted randomly) doesn't look good
I concur with epi. I hate it when I have to make a random day 1 vote, I think there is normally always something to go, and there certainly is today.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:"Quiet Epi is never a good thing."

Well now let's see.

I thought so.

I concur with epi again. :p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:JaggedJimmyJay, I think you forgot to bold your vote for me in the thread.
I think you will find that the rules do not require him to do so.
I wasn't saying that based on game rules, just commonly accepted Mafia game sensibilities and the request of at least one player so far to make votes clear in-thread in order to assist later lynch analyses.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by kneel4justice »

MacDougall wrote:
kneel4justice wrote: But Zebra does seem to have a good (thought out) case on JJJ. But, I don't know that there is much credibility to the voting between Epi/JJJ/Sig. I doubt that they would want to establish that connection - I certainly wouldn't, but, perhaps players here just have a completely different mindset than me.
How is it that you can say that the case is good and well thought out but then move to immediately invalidate it? Isn't the latter action a result of the former being untrue?

Also can someone explain what BTSC is?
When I said good, I was referring to the other points (about claiming to be a minimal poster and the interaction with Llama). I disagreed with the connection part of the case and was saying that I don't think mafia members would nominate each other like that because I would eventually catch up to them. However, after JJJ's defense, I don't consider find him suspicious because of these things.

BTSC is behind the scenes conversation. So, like the mafia talking to each-other outside of the thread.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:Idgaf how he worded it I am telling what happened on my end.

We were never friends before on any site so there would be no reason for him to PM me nor I him. Last I remember him was his being replaced/killed for inactivity on my Monty Python game. Which made me mad bc it was my favorite role of the gam and the ability was never once used.
Well, whether you give a hoot or not, you asked me what my point was, and I answered.

I admit it's entirely possible, that even with his wording, he meant that you still had yet to find out who he was.

Rbz - Some clarification on what you meant with your comments on Roxy, and also, would you agree with Roxy that you and her were never friends on any site...despite you being able to claim "classic Roxy" when defending her position?
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I'm still catching up, a process that will take some time considering my schedule today. If anyone wants to throw me a bone and give me a CliffsNotes version of the goings on, I'll never post a sirengif again (lie).

Also, I keep seeing this word, 'linki.' Que?
Literally just some fucking guy.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I really like zebra's posts, even if I don't agree with everything he said. I agree with most. I also like Golden's posts and MacDougall's. While I can see why people are eying JJJ, mainly for his many questions, I'm getting a civvie vibe from him.
As for Diiny, I didn't see many reasons for alarm in his posts, but the thing that I agree makes him look bad is his focus on one player. I'm not sure if it's because it became an issue, and he got mad at her response, not knowing how Roxy plays, or if it's something more nefarious, but I'm not going to vote for him yet.
Still need to get a better read on other RYM players

LC's vote for Bea did strike me as fake, but I'm still thinking about this one.
Elohcin wrote:There was a LOT of talk while I slept! I am caught up now.
MacDougall wrote:Okay so you went to the grand final, so you'd be acutely aware of the fact that shit was happening this weekend.

I got needs and wants beyond tapping a keyboard. I do that all day for a job. Long weekend means sitting on the riverbank fishing for Mr MacDougall. That's a forum free zone.

In fairness to you I don't think that what you're doing here is necessarily scummy. I do think it's reaching though, but I will give you a pass that on day 1 you don't have much to go for.

I think you're just picking on me because I'm familiar and you're doing that thing where you gravitate to people you know at parties where there are loads of strangers haha. :p
HEY...something actually made me chuckle. :D This may mean that I vote along with you today. Anyone else have some funnies?
Elo is making me feel like she's trying too hard to seem like she doesn't care and isn't taking things too seriously. It could be genuine, but while I could ignore her first post saying she was looking for someone to make her laugh, this feels like she's trying to hammer the nail a little too strongly.

And it brings me back to my two top suspects: Rico and Epi. While Rico is still a suspect, I find Epi to be very out of his civvie character. He's not taking any risks, he's engaged in meaningless conversations (ones that don't require pointing fingers), and he's quiet in the sense that he's not pissing anyone off like civvie Epi tends to do early on.

Epi

linki: linki means someone posted something during the time you were writing your post, and you want to reply to it...or not
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I will say that Seaside pinged on my scumdar in the Day 0 thread. I pointed it out in that thread too; he launched right into figuring out game mechanics and prodding people for reads. And when I mentioned this he immediately asked if I was scum, and later told me to 'stop bussing [him]' when I jokingly responded to a post of his.

Dunno if that means anything, but...
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

What was this CEO thing? Why am I such a bad mafia player?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”