[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

thellama73 wrote:I think the K4J kill was more likely to come from an RYMer than a Syndicater, so I will concentrate my attentions there.
What's your logic there?
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:catching up and i got myself a cup of those jjj scumman blues
Y'all should form a club. Why?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Long Con wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Seaside until he explains his numerous arbitrary reads to satisfaction.
Your view of Seaside is right and I agree with it it's just that he told me before the game starts that he'll try his best to get lynched early in order to have more free time. It might sound ridiculous but I know Seaside and he's frankly ridiculous. On the other hand if he stops playing midway he'll be a problem to the mods and us.

It's a lose-lose situation to me.
Ugh. It makes me want to lynch him, but not because I particularly believe he was handed a Mafia card at the start. It's ugly, and ugly is such a smelly word.
:clap:

I just want to quote this so Long Con doesnt get to drop a vote on someone he's not sold as being scum later on by sewing the seeds for it now. Which is how this feels.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
We did. We're called the Jag-Offs.

Its a read-through feel, like you're not invested in the answers to your questions and your cases are solid but not passionate.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

in fact yep Long Con for now
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
We did. We're called the Jag-Offs.

Its a read-through feel, like you're not invested in the answers to your questions and your cases are solid but not passionate.
Mafia is weird. If that's a genuine read by you, then I have no idea how you've come to it. I feel like I've played this game with a lot of passion so far despite some time constraints, and I have been wholly focused on the players I've been questioning -- indeed too focused. I've been unable to expand my workload to the full game population because of that focus.

Moreover, I don't really know what a "solid but not passionate" case looks like, and I don't know why such a thing should be suspicious.

I've felt pretty good about my play in this game so far, I'm honestly surprised to be seeing these alleged pings from numerous people who know me well enough that I'd have expected positive press. I don't get it. Pout emoticon. :pout:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Why are you asking so many questions? Do you always ask so many questions?
Asking questions is my way of getting more out of players. If they've made a statement or assertion that I think is either unexplained or inadequately explained, then I will press them to expand on it. This is behavior I've exhibited for years in mafia and I have found it quite effective. This is also a convenient way of interacting directly with people; I find it easier to read players when they are discussing their content with me in relation to my specific queries. Every question I ask has a distinct purpose (aside from a few goofball posts that probably exist out there), and if it's ever unclear what that purpose is then you should ask me. I'll have an answer, and if I don't -- lynch me and make me die because I'm scum.

I ask more questions than any mafia player in the universe aside perhaps from Sloonei. He even influenced me in this way I think.
And like this is such a stiff response to a fun question about questioning with questions. Don't get me wrong, you drive a good town, but there's supertown jay and "supertown" jay I need to be mindful of
ImageImageImage
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

Can't believe jjj OMGUS me! I thought he'd have some proper reasons.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Why are you asking so many questions? Do you always ask so many questions?
Asking questions is my way of getting more out of players. If they've made a statement or assertion that I think is either unexplained or inadequately explained, then I will press them to expand on it. This is behavior I've exhibited for years in mafia and I have found it quite effective. This is also a convenient way of interacting directly with people; I find it easier to read players when they are discussing their content with me in relation to my specific queries. Every question I ask has a distinct purpose (aside from a few goofball posts that probably exist out there), and if it's ever unclear what that purpose is then you should ask me. I'll have an answer, and if I don't -- lynch me and make me die because I'm scum.

I ask more questions than any mafia player in the universe aside perhaps from Sloonei. He even influenced me in this way I think.
And like this is such a stiff response to a fun question about questioning with questions. Don't get me wrong, you drive a good town, but there's supertown jay and "supertown" jay I need to be mindful of
I didn't interpret it as a fun question about questions -- I interpreted it as an effort by FZ to understand my behavior. So I explained myself thoroughly. She strikes me as a player who is heavily invested in the act of getting reads, and I attributed her questions about my questions to be a component of her effort to get a read on me.

Because to be frank, I to ask a million questions. She's never played with me before, I'm not surprised if she feels the need to ask me that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

seaside wrote:Can't believe jjj OMGUS me! I thought he'd have some proper reasons.
You OMGUSed me, goofball. I expressed suspicion of you quite a while ago, and you've still ignored nearly every question I've asked you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [NIGHT 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

RIP to our departed friends.

I had a Hell Day at work and am keeping it light tonight, since reading hurts my head.
Long Con wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:I wasn't convinced by JJJ's single read on Long Con. The Llama Gambit (saying you're suspicious of someone you're not to see who bandwagons it) is a fairly common Syndicate ploy. But this analysis by Matt F might have some merit. The posts you're highlighting show Sorsha acting how I'd imagine myself acting if I were on a baddie team with LC. Sorsha, you say you and LC have been playing together for years, but what made it obvious to you that LC's suspicion of bea was a ploy if you think she's the last person he'd use to pull a ploy?
LC, what are your thoughts on Sorsha at the moment?
Nothing too pingy at the moment. Sorsha's not always the easiest to read, but I haven't found her particularly suspicious yet.
Well this is waffly. :eye:
FZ. wrote:And I would really appreciate it if people stopped ignoring my suspicion of Epi. At least the syndicaters that are supposed to know what to expect from him. Has he really delivered in any sense so far? Every game I've played with him, and he was a civ, he'd manage to either annoy someone, get on their case, find some reason to make sure he's going after them.
Nothing so far. All he's really done so far is:

1. excuse my accusation by making it something it wasn't and then playing ignorant to what I really meant (yes, I meant you being quiet is a bad thing in terms of alignment, not in terms of you not being a lousy civvie like any of us at times).
2. making long posts with multi quoting where he mostly addresses general comments like what is his opinion of lazy playing and other irrelevant topics.
3. Go after BWT's voters when it was an hour before deadline (way too late in my opinion) and comment about how he doesn't understand how BWT was the leading candidate, but not really offering any other solid option other than K4J and saying it was too late (which we know how that ended, by the way), and then voting for someone for the silliest reasons.

And how much has he really posted on topic relative to the civvie Epi you all know in other games?

I'm going to start looking at people who ignore this and don't at least give me a good reason for not suspecting him.
As much as I hate to defend Epi...

he did go after me. And I think he's been quieter in recent games than previously.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Seaside until he explains his numerous arbitrary reads to satisfaction.
Your view of Seaside is right and I agree with it it's just that he told me before the game starts that he'll try his best to get lynched early in order to have more free time. It might sound ridiculous but I know Seaside and he's frankly ridiculous. On the other hand if he stops playing midway he'll be a problem to the mods and us.

It's a lose-lose situation to me.
This strikes me as BTSC. And also puts the whole thread in a rough spot regarding him. Why sign up if you don't want to play? Now we have an impossible choice: lynch someone we have no useful intel on whatsoever and risk wasting a day we could be doing useful analysis to get baddies, or don't lynch him and let a non-participant potential baddie skate until endgame.
Choutas wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Matt F wrote:
Also, in case people didn't know, I pointed this out in the Day 0 thread, but on the TS side, Sorsha and Elohcin were the only two players to vote for the same three options...two of those options, 5 and 7, ended up winning. And in fact, option five won about 17 votes total from BOTH forums.

I don’t have btsc with Elo or anyone else in this game. I picked option 2 because it would give the girls btsc. Options 5 and 7 were pretty popular with everyone.
Maybe we are just cooler than everyone else. :workit:

No, but seriously. Do you really think if we had BTSC that we would vote the same way? And, I think I was the first to vote too. I think you are grasping at straws here Matt. (Nice to have you back on the syndicated though :) I have fond memories of our BTSC together. Don;t ask me the name of the game, I never remember that sort of thing. But I remember having fun with you.)
I think the day 0 poll for the extra power is not as important as the assistant to the CEO poll where we have no idea what was gained. If for example it's some kind of immunity scum would be extremely interested to take at least one of the two openings. Even that poll is pure theory. Perhaps if the first scum flips we can confirm if he had something to do with the polls until then ingame behaviour is much safer to use for voting someone.
So are you suggesting that at least one of the two poll winners must be scum? If so, which one? And why not push harder for their lynch? 50% odds is damn good at this stage of the game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

sig wrote:just got back from Venturing Scouts about half an hour ago so I will come back with my reads tomorrow to tired to do it right know.
These were interesting, I will need to go and read Hamburger boys and kneel's posts tomorrow
My feeling is seeing how HB was killed by then SK he posted something about them, so they decided to kill him before he could lynch them, thoughts on this?

No we won't find out the roles, unless they are mafia I think?
Do you also feel that k4j was killed by the mafia because he posted something about one of them? Or that’s just why HB was targeted?

I have never played with HB before but I have seen a post about how he’s a strong civvie:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Burger is one of the best townies on RYM. His best asset is his tenacity when communicating his suspicions and demanding responses -- when he isn't completely satisfied with someone's answers he will continue interrogating them for literally the entire game until they do satisfy or they die.
But is it likely that he was able to pinpoint or at least narrow down to the SK in one day?

Lets look at the list HB made:
HamburgerBoy wrote:I'll make a preliminary rainbow now actually since no one else has yet. Just five colors, and there are a lot of players (mostly Syndicaters) I still don't have a good grasp on yet that will be excluded.

sig
Sorsha
golden
bcornett24
Roxy
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko
TheFloyd73

motel room/aokiji
Ricochet
Strawhenge
Diiny
MacDougall
Choutas

Bea
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt F
rundontwalk
Long Con

Seaside
Is seaside a player who would be that obvious about it? Or someone just trying to make seaside look guilty? What about the players in orange & yellow?

Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:RIPIYWG guys :(

Long Con can you explain why you chose bea and what your ideal outcome would have been yesterday?
I chose bea because I saw the opportunity to make the case I did based on the things she had said. She's a good target for this kind of thing, because unlike Epig or Golden or Llama, she's less likely to take an accusation like that and run with it until it's a big polarized head-to-head between me and my accused. My ideal outcome would have been for someone from The Syndicate to take my points and agree with them and vote for bea, revealing themselves as someone willing to go along with a case because it looks good on the surface. Following this, a baddie lynch, led by me, as I humbly accept cheering Civvie accolades. Alternate ideal: bea actually is a baddie and scumslips in some way in response to the accusation.
This just seems really idealistic but not very realistic. I think you’d just have easily lynched a civ with that tactic. Its easy to say that bwt didn’t look suspicious after we know he was town but his behavior during the last lynch (flip flopping between sig and bea and then back again). I’m wondering why you wouldn’t have found him suspicious for following your lead on bea. I know you said you didn't think he was suspicious because he found his own reason but, if you hadn't of posted your case on bea I doubt he'd have looked at her.
More realistic: it develops some conversation where I get some pings from people and keep them in mind as the game progresses. However, despite opinions that it was a convincing argument, it ended up being too clumsy, and most of the conversation was about me instead, which was less helpful. It could still bear fruit, as the lynches go on - when we end up lynching a baddie, I'll be checking up on their response, if any, to the situation. Maybe someone who accused me of being bad will end up being bad, which will necessitate a second look at bea.
Time will tell I guess.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

rundontwalk wrote:on RYM the scum sometimes make the classic ''oh gee look at all the dead townies, how sad'' posts right after the nightkill. llama's post reminded me of that.
As RDW as this post is, I find my gut agreeing.

Currently catching up, will post qualms when I'm done.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

seaside wrote:Can't believe jjj OMGUS me! I thought he'd have some proper reasons.
seaside for now
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Re: [NIGHT 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Sorsha »

Matt F wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Maybe we are just cooler than everyone else. :workit:

No, but seriously. Do you really think if we had BTSC that we would vote the same way? And, I think I was the first to vote too. I think you are grasping at straws here Matt. (Nice to have you back on the syndicated though :) I have fond memories of our BTSC together. Don;t ask me the name of the game, I never remember that sort of thing. But I remember having fun with you.)
Hi Elo. I forget the game, too, but I believe it was one of your first on TS, if I recall? Good times :)

Now, down to business...

1) Maybe you wouldn't vote together if you had btsc. But if Sorsha was mafia, would you put it past to her to intentionally vote the same three options as a Civ and/or possible indy? This way, if she were to be lynched, especially early in the game, people might look at the person she voted with?
So what you are saying is that on day 0 I just happened to choose Elo, of all people, to try to maybe set up for a lynch sometime in the future if I maybe happened to get lynched and was mafia. And that's if anyone would actually notice. That's a lot of ifs and maybes.

Say I did get lynched and I did come back mafia. You're saying you think someone would come out with the case that "Sorsha and Elo voted the same thing day 0 we should lynch Elo now!"? You're really stretching this.

How about I just picked my three favorite options and they happened to be her three favorite options as well.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I need to know how serious this post is pls
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I find it interesting that HamburgerBoy was planning to put me under more scrutiny but I am completely absent from his rainbow list altogether. But maybe that's because...I am unlynchable today.

:drums: :drums: :drums:

The question is, is this is an error on MP's or Sloonei's part or is it their intention that I can't be voted on today? And if it is purposeful, am I aware of the reason for it? :mafia: :feb:

linki: Good luck with that.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Is there any better way to finding players' post histories than clicking on a random page number and hoping they've posted on that page so you can click on the 'in topic' link?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Strawhenge wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Epignosis wrote:k4j talked about me.

Save you all the trouble on that number.
So, did you kill him?
Did you kill him so you'd be able to come into the thread today and start off an attack on who k4j was suspicious of yesterday?
No, just gauging reactions. Which seems to have elicited an unsettling, if remarkably candid, reaction.
Strawhenge wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Epignosis wrote:k4j talked about me.

Save you all the trouble on that number.
So, did you kill him?
Did you kill him so you'd be able to come into the thread today and start off an attack on who k4j was suspicious of yesterday?
Why, did you kill him so you'd be able to come into the thread today and start off an attack on who came into the thread today to start off an attack on who k4j was suspicious of yesterday?

:biggrin:

Straw replying to this twice, in retrospect, is making me sweat buckets
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by HamburgerBoy »

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:Is there any better way to finding players' post histories than clicking on a random page number and hoping they've posted on that page so you can click on the 'in topic' link?
Yeah under the profile picture you can look through someone's history within the topic. (in topic)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

burp
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:eye: on HamburgerBoy
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Thank you, o spirit and also alive guy. This will make my life easier. Truly, my connection with the realm of the dead never faded.

Now STOP BREAKING THE RULES CHEATER
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

rundontwalk wrote:it was a joke cause you're omniscient

i'll note your strange reaction to said joke
(This is in reference to Devin the Omniscient not catching on to RDW's username dad-joke.)

I agree that it was a strange reaction, and I've noted it too, but given Devin's brief ot description of his occupation/real-life stuff, I'm inclined to dilute the strangeness to about 40% potency. Maybe less.

Linki Diiny: I was on my phone and walking (probably looking like some kind of asshole), and so my jokey second thought came too late.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

thellama73 wrote:I think the K4J kill was more likely to come from an RYMer than a Syndicater, so I will concentrate my attentions there.
Guys, my eye is twitching uncontrollably. Violently. I don't know what's...I can't...

Llama, how did you come to this conclusion? Why wouldn't a Syndicat—you know, such as yourself for instance :o—kill k4j?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Why is such a large chunk of your posts dedicated to Hboy, Straw?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

seaside wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:seaside - Clusterfuck post history in this thread, easy baddie read but also an easy mislynch? We shall see, right now I have a baddie read.
easy misylynch indeed
i'm thinking jjj is scum now. floyd is def town i reakon. i'm pretty solid on that.
diiny is just scummy you know, i played with him once and he won the game as scum. i was SURE he was town, can you trust that?
putting the pressure on instead of letting him just cruise through in town mode, is a good good option.
wilgy i thought would be scum cause you all thought the same, i could see by the votes.

i guessed two because i doubt 7 would jump on and i don't think too many scum would of jumped on, they just had to get it started and get the numbers. which were quite low. so the first person i reakon was scum and i think diiny jumped on to confirm it.
Seaside's repeated unexplained endorsements of Floyd's towniness reeks more and more of a special ability every time I read it, but then...when would he have been able to use it? He's been touting Floyd's innocence since forever. What does he know? SEASIDE WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU'RE TEARING ME APARRRRT
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Diiny wrote:Why is such a large chunk of your posts dedicated to Hboy, Straw?
You mean my whopping 5 posts? Three of which were immediately after he died?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Strawhenge wrote:
A decent chunk of your focus re this day nonetheless, no?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Diiny wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Actually, no; I've made more posts about k4j and the people talking about him.

Why do you ask? Is there something about Burgz, wert me, that you would like to know?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

*dances to the remix of Let It Happen*
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

TheFloyd73 wrote:*dances to the remix of Let It Happen*
Hey Floyd! Hey guys, it's Floyd! Floyd's here!

Hey Floyd, people have some questions for you.

1. What's up with your vote for Ace of Spades?

2. Why does Seaside have the utmost confidence that you're town?

3. How do you stay so fresh?
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

How do you quote on a mobile?
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

seaside wrote:How do you quote on a mobile?
Oh, now it shows up!
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Strawhenge wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Actually, no; I've made more posts about k4j and the people talking about him.

Why do you ask? Is there something about Burgz, wert me, that you would like to know?
Theory: you killed burger and got the ping that you were trying too hard to distance yourself from it (the two replies to sorsh, I think it was, helped with this ping); thought I'd poke you on it and see how you reacted

@floyd: where have you been, what do you think about the game, where have you been, who do you think is scum, where have you been?
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

Strawhenge wrote:
seaside wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:seaside - Clusterfuck post history in this thread, easy baddie read but also an easy mislynch? We shall see, right now I have a baddie read.
easy misylynch indeed
i'm thinking jjj is scum now. floyd is def town i reakon. i'm pretty solid on that.
diiny is just scummy you know, i played with him once and he won the game as scum. i was SURE he was town, can you trust that?
putting the pressure on instead of letting him just cruise through in town mode, is a good good option.
wilgy i thought would be scum cause you all thought the same, i could see by the votes.

i guessed two because i doubt 7 would jump on and i don't think too many scum would of jumped on, they just had to get it started and get the numbers. which were quite low. so the first person i reakon was scum and i think diiny jumped on to confirm it.
Seaside's repeated unexplained endorsements of Floyd's towniness reeks more and more of a special ability every time I read it, but then...when would he have been able to use it? He's been touting Floyd's innocence since forever. What does he know? SEASIDE WHAT DO YOU KNOW? YOU'RE TEARING ME APARRRRT
Think what you will I guess.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Diiny: Gotcha, understandable.

Seaside: Oh my god.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Out of all the BWT votes I think Wilgy's is one of the worst. Guy's a scum lean for me, now. Basing a vote on day 0 shit and sticking with it and not grappling with anything else for the rest of the day is bad stuff in my book.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Excuse me for not buying Epi's claim that he wouldn't kill him. Never on this site, have I seen someone get lynched after the person who suspected them got NK. It always goes the WIFOM way, and people just ignore the dead people's thoughts. This doesn't mean it has to be Epi, but there were so many people to frame here, I don't see why anyone would go for Epi of all of them, especially when we all know it's not going to lead to anything.
Not many people here have played with K4J and know how good of a player he is to want to take him down. I know Roxy knows him, but I'm getting a civvie feeling from her. Some of the syndicaters have played with him a few games, but other than Epi, who already felt K4J's suspicions in the card against humanity game, I don't know who else would think to kill him.
Well, of course you don't. Believing that I wouldn't kill k4j Night 1 when I haven't played with him in a long time, and enjoyed being bad with him one time when I did, would be detrimental to your opinion of me. :meany:
FZ. wrote:Question to those who have been bad with Epi: Does he really tend to not kill those suspecting him for the sake of trying to outsmart them, or is he lying about that?
While I appreciate the thoroughness, that's the wrong question to ask. Did anyone even answer this question? ;)

There's no tendency to this. That's because my opinion on whom to kill would depend on the person suspecting me. Tangling with k4j would have been fun. I like fun. There are people in games that just...don't get lynched early, like, ever. Nobody suspects them even if they murdered your grandmother's lover in real life with your grandmother's own snuff can. Me? I would take that person out in a heartbeat because trying to get a lynch going that way is next to impossible and makes you look bad for even trying.
FZ. wrote:And I would really appreciate it if people stopped ignoring my suspicion of Epi. At least the syndicaters that are supposed to know what to expect from him. Has he really delivered in any sense so far? Every game I've played with him, and he was a civ, he'd manage to either annoy someone, get on their case, find some reason to make sure he's going after them.
The way you word this makes it sounds like you have extensive experience playing with me when I'm a civilian. I did the legwork:

The Shawshank Redemption - Host
WWE - Civilian
CAH - Mafia
Willow - Host
The Hobbit - Civilian
Are You Being Served? - Host
Monopoly - LMS-ish...not true Mafia, anyway
Cars - Host
Game of Champions, 2014 - Host
Donner Party - Roles changed around and I died very early
Death Note - Independent
Flash - Mafia, although I don't consider this setup Mafia at all
Biblical - Host
Bullets on Broadway - Civilian Killed Night 1 / Replaced in as Independent
Angry Birds - Host

So your experience with me consists of:

Three Civilian Epis :noble:
Two Mafia Epis :feb:
Two Independent Epis :stare:
Seven Host Epis :clap: ...thank you for your patronage. :biggrin:

My point in examining all of this is that your credibility about me as a civilian, which you attempt to establish in the above paragraph, is lacking. Beyond Night 1, you have played with me as a civilian all of two times.
FZ. wrote:1. excuse my accusation by making it something it wasn't and then playing ignorant to what I really meant (yes, I meant you being quiet is a bad thing in terms of alignment, not in terms of you not being a lousy civvie like any of us at times).
2. making long posts with multi quoting where he mostly addresses general comments like what is his opinion of lazy playing and other irrelevant topics.
3. Go after BWT's voters when it was an hour before deadline (way too late in my opinion) and comment about how he doesn't understand how BWT was the leading candidate, but not really offering any other solid option other than K4J and saying it was too late (which we know how that ended, by the way), and then voting for someone for the silliest reasons.
Is that all I've done?

I don't agree with point uno or dos. Nothing to say about those except that I don't agree with your assessment.

As for point tres, I had less than an hour to arrive at an informed opinion, and I had noticed that the bwt lynch votes were 1) from people largely unfamiliar with him, and 2) for stupid reasons. That gave me a point of focus late in the Day. Russ came in and made my vote easy though. :D
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Epignosis - Unlike what others have suggested, I don't see anything abnormal about Epi's behavior in this game. However if you are town as I think you are Epi, you should town harder, not just for our sake but yours. :stare:
If that's what you want- and this may seem counterintuitive to our foreign brethren- then stop with the keyboard diarrhea. I don't mean you personally, Zebra, please don't think that- just in general. I work full time, have three kids that need punishment regularly, cook every night, record music, write books, read the news, and lose money on fantasy football. I'm trying, dude. :|
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Russtifinko - I sense a baddie here.
I do too. He used manipulative language when he provided his analysis of events I am not sure he understood or processed.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I demand a list of reads from all players. I know mine's prettyintricate, detailed, and cohesive, but yours doesn't have to be quite so professional.
Demand all you like. You won't get that shit from me. Not in technicolor rainbows. Not in grainy black and white.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I'm not sure if putting in the work to show another player how many times they've been town is a misguided supertown move or a scummy misdirecty sorta move. Like, I'm of two minds.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I wouldn't kill k4j for two reasons:

1) I would appreciate the challenge of outsmarting him. Turning the tables and getting him lynched instead...assuming I thought he was bad, which I did.

2) I haven't seen k4j in a month of Sundays. No, I wouldn't kill him.

Who would I kill?

I'd probably kill 3J. I have never been on the other end of his civiliansanity, and I don't know if I'd last.
I'm not sure #1 meshes with your reason for hypothetically killing me. You'd appreciate the challenge of outsmarting one player, but bypass the challenge of outsmarting a different player? I doubt I bring anything to the table that you'd be so inclined to avoid.
My remark was a tongue-in-cheek way of saying I'd never get a word in edge-wise. ;)
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

brb pizza date with pretty girl, I'll talk to you guys later tonight.
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

I can't quote properly.

But guide to seaside being town/scum.

Seems scum = town
Seems town = scum
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Strawhenge wrote:I'm not sure if putting in the work to show another player how many times they've been town is a misguided supertown move or a scummy misdirecty sorta move. Like, I'm of two minds.
To me it reads like something I was very consciously doing in my last (only) scum game; making it very obvious that I was doing a lot of work. Honestly one of my biggest friends with this was formatting. Epi could've just said "yeah I checked and I was town with you twice, in game x and y"; that's all I can see a town player needing to do. Of course, it could be flair. I'm not familiar with epi at all, and there's players who use a bit of flair regardless of alignment. Just sharing my ping.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

seaside wrote:I can't quote properly.

Seems scum = town
Seems town = scum
Isn't it a bit early for the 'seaside meta wifom' game?

Seaside
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

Nah bruv
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

RDW is...?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

seaside wrote:I can't quote properly.

Seems scum = town
Seems town = scum
maybe if someone else brought it up
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”