[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden, I am neither mafia nor a civ with an info role.

I am a civ who was right. ;)
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:OK, JJ, I can probably compartmentalise this suspicion somewhat at times...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My case on LC was 100% correct -- I didn't believe his claim that his bea suspicion was a ruse despite multiple people telling me I should think otherwise including you.
I've never known you to be SO determined about your suspicion as to ignore the multiple people telling you that all know the persons meta, versus yourself who does not. In fact, you almost invariably take it on board in a very measured and careful way. This time you did not.

Your entire behaviour around that end day comes across to me as someone who knew what way LC would flip. Could you be a civilian info role? No - I don't see you ever doing antics that crazy and overt if you had a civilian info role.

@JJ - go enjoy sweden. We can continue this later :)
I literally told you at one point that my suspicion of LC had waned because of his admirable job explaining himself to me. I had to re-convince myself to end the day with my vote on him.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:inb6 getting semantical.

I rejected that explanation the first time and I reject it again. Your explanation for what YOU meant is irrelevant, your original meaning of your post is not important. The point is that you tried to use semantics against me. Three times now. And don't pretend you didn't, because in the same post you objected to me saying aggressive, you yourself admitted to being intense in your defense - even though you were responding to me saying 'slightly defensive'. You knew absolutely what I meant, and you chose to use the words I used against me while ignoring the clear intent of the words. That is what using semantics is.
Defensiveness

Golden: "I'm not a fan of the slightly defensive rico I'm seeing."
Rico: "I'm surprised, we've played enough games before for you to have an idea of how intense I can get in rebuttals."

Aggressiveness

Golden: "Aggressive rico bothers me."
Rico: "I don't get where I've been aggressive"

Both in the same post

Golden: "I'm not a fan of the slightly defensive rico I'm seeing (...) Aggressive rico bothers me."
Rico: "you're "not a fan of "slightly defensive rico", then you're bothered by "aggressive rico". Well, which one am I?"

---

So yes, I called you on calling me defensive and aggressive in the same post and not understanding which one of those actually bothers you. That's not semantics. That's calling a contradiction.

And me admitting I'm intense in defense doesn't mean I admitted I'm aggressive in defense, the way you see it. Because they're not the same thing. And because I didn't admit to being aggressive.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

Is it day again?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:That very post from JJJ is another one which pinged me a lot even at the time. For the person who was elected to say that the dusk 0 poll was unlikely co-ordinated was very self serving.
Yeah I figured people would accuse me of that and I don't care. It remains my perspective because I haven't been suspicious of Wilgy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

Oops. I missed it. I don't think I'm going to have much time to read what's been going on since I left for bed, and then there will be pages more to read by the time I get back. Not good.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:PS, I don't actually care what disclaimer 'you can accept' nor (to JJJ) do I care about someone saying 'I will be the judge of whether or not you have given me the chance'.

Neither of you get to decide where my vote goes, I do. And it will go where it goes no matter what you can accept. If you think this makes me scum, then vote for me. :beer:
So much tense in this post - as if this is about any voting from me or any voting from you. I debate my suspicions and the suspicions onto me. I try to make myself clear and that's that. Same as it ever was. :workit:

Also, this "I've heard all I want to, I don't want to hear any more" isn't very Golden-y. :beer:
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Re: [NIGHT 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:just got back from Venturing Scouts about half an hour ago so I will come back with my reads tomorrow to tired to do it right know.
These were interesting, I will need to go and read Hamburger boys and kneel's posts tomorrow
My feeling is seeing how HB was killed by then SK he posted something about them, so they decided to kill him before he could lynch them, thoughts on this?

No we won't find out the roles, unless they are mafia I think?
HB was killed, as you say by the SK, yet you speak of "them" killing HB to shut him up?
I really don't like it when players talk about the serial killer when they know so little about him. Scum are known on rym to use the SK in their posts to pseudo-contribute in some way. It doesn't look on sig and ricochet. I'm happy with either of me. My vote is currently on Rico.

Btw I have about 10 pages to read. My life has been hectic as of late. I'm going by instinct here.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:OK, JJ, I can probably compartmentalise this suspicion somewhat at times...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My case on LC was 100% correct -- I didn't believe his claim that his bea suspicion was a ruse despite multiple people telling me I should think otherwise including you.
I've never known you to be SO determined about your suspicion as to ignore the multiple people telling you that all know the persons meta, versus yourself who does not. In fact, you almost invariably take it on board in a very measured and careful way. This time you did not.

Your entire behaviour around that end day comes across to me as someone who knew what way LC would flip. Could you be a civilian info role? No - I don't see you ever doing antics that crazy and overt if you had a civilian info role.

@JJ - go enjoy sweden. We can continue this later :)
I literally told you at one point that my suspicion of LC had waned because of his admirable job explaining himself to me. I had to re-convince myself to end the day with my vote on him.
More on this point: During my "antics" I kept asking Zebra to expand his own beefs with LC. Because I wasn't sure. Why are you ignoring content that plainly refutes your position that I knew what LC would flip?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:just got back from Venturing Scouts about half an hour ago so I will come back with my reads tomorrow to tired to do it right know.
These were interesting, I will need to go and read Hamburger boys and kneel's posts tomorrow
My feeling is seeing how HB was killed by then SK he posted something about them, so they decided to kill him before he could lynch them, thoughts on this?

HB was killed, as you say by the SK, yet you speak of "them" killing HB to shut him up?
I really don't like it when players talk about the serial killer when they know so little about him. Scum are known on rym to use the SK in their posts to pseudo-contribute in some way. It doesn't look on sig and ricochet. I'm happy with either of me. My vote is currently on Rico.

Btw I have about 10 pages to read. My life has been hectic as of late. I'm going by instinct here.
Was it not clear what I was asking sig? :confused:

I know "as little" about the SK as it was presented as fact - him killing HB - where did I imply I know or bring up more than that about him? I wasn't even talking about the SK. :shrug:

I didn't comprehend what sig was referencing. It seemed to me he was saying that HB was off'd by the SK because he "posted something about them". But who is "them"? The mafia team? If so, how would the SK know the HB is on to something about the mafia team?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas, are NK'd players' roles revealed on RYM? If Night Kills would actually be revealed here as well, would you find it a good initiative to interpret the SK's choice for murdering HB or still hold up the standard that "talking about the serial killer is pseudo-contributive"?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

You know what really helps a new replacement keep up? 10 full pages and no quiet night phase to take time to read them in. To be honest I think I might just skip a significant chunk of my catch up. Looks like a lot of what happened while I was asleep will lead to more significant leads than most of what came before it. Have already skimmed through up to this point, going back to read the end of day 2 again properly.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Headin' to bed.

How do people feel about espers? Give my own thoughts tomorrow.

Sorsha, I see you didn't really defend your position, just made a sad face and asked people why they thought you were dumb (I don't think anyone does, btw). Anything else on that end?

Peace out peeps
Image Image Image Image
Choutas
The Mark

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

Strawhenge I'm getting serious town vibes from you. You'd be green in my rainbow list.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

seaside wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Oh, that's fine. Days are better anyway. :)
less chance for Crosseyed and Painless to role check you?
Go ahead.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Susstifinko doesn't look good. FZ too. They must be scum, if they aren't they sure play like one.
My scum sensor is overheating.
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
seaside wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Oh, that's fine. Days are better anyway. :)
less chance for Crosseyed and Painless to role check you?
Go ahead.
oh you!
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MacDougall wrote:Excuse me JaggedJimmyJay but why are you playing like a car accident victim with brain damage when I know that you're actually awesome at this, the game of forums mafia?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Black Rock wrote:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Brief appearance. Ask me things.
what do you think of Choutas?

Random page number 1. Saw this post. How is this name pronounced? This may be giggle in ways that are inappropriate .

On a much more serious note. I just found out I did indeed replace in about an hour ago so I am going to refrain from voting this lynch.
When I adopted the username I had a very bad understanding of english orthography. It should have been written as Khoutas in the way the Scottish pronounce ch in lochness. Everyone is calling me cho u tas with ch as in church. It's a dialectal variation of the name Chris in my native language.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Hristos Hkoutas the souvlaki vendor from Carlton
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:I didn't comprehend what sig was referencing. It seemed to me he was saying that HB was off'd by the SK because he "posted something about them". But who is "them"? The mafia team? If so, how would the SK know the HB is on to something about the mafia team?
"He posted something about them" = "He posted something about the SK him/herself". Not about the mafia team.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Choutas
The Mark

Re: [NIGHT 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote::clap:

This is one hell of an elaborate baddie move, the kind of stuff I dream about doing while I anticipate getting my role card at the beginning of a game. By doing something that has no visible scum motivation and pulling the rug from everyone's feet while simultaneously bussing an expendable teammate who was willing to take one for the team to focus on his own game anyway, you solidify the majority of the civilians' strong town read of you because you sensed that, eventually, people were going to start seconding my opinion of your alignment. It might not have happened until the very end but it would've happened eventually, and now it won't. Bravo.
I haven't seen two overly vocal town players since Harhol vs MungBean at the snitches game. I have no idea who out of you, JJJ or Golden might be scum but it's impossible for two of you three to be scum and play make believe to us all. My personal experience leads me to believe it's either 2 vocal townies/1 vocal scum or 3 vocal townies.
It would be pretty awesome if you and JJJ have have all this stuff decided in order for one of you guys to be a hero once the other guy flips scum. Still it's one of a million move. I feel good with your game overall.
Choutas
The Mark

Re: [NIGHT 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I lied.

It's not Night 2.

It is Day 3.
The baddies are shooting blanks.
me and matt are robbing banks
I ain't givin' no fuxxx
a shining ray of hope
is above this match of wit
I'm legit as the pope
and dancing to the beat
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MacDougall wrote:Wait til Choutas sees that. He is gonna be so mad.

Woot day 3.
I'm sure MP is an incredibly host. There is a guy that is infamous for his hosting :cough :cough. Not telling names.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Ho-kay. So.

My top three scumspects, in no order, are Sorsha, Seaside, and The 73rd Llama.

Part One: Sorsha
1. Votes Long Con and Metalmarsh89 for CEO. Already not looking great, knowing that Long Con was pulling a long con.

2. Vote for BWT, terse, ambiguous assessment of Long Con, and some weird logic. Why's it totally cool and not backpedaly for Long Con to switch from bea to sig, but totally backpedaly for BWT to switch from sig to bea to sig?

3. ...then she admits that Long Con's ploy is suspicious...but still avoids any measure of conviction on the matter. Basically it's just a, 'Yeah it's suspicious. I don't get it. Huh. Weird. [silence] Welp, see ya later.'

4. This is a little stretchy, as far as a theory goes, but it's weird that at a few points she softly implies that Seaside was being framed for Burger's (specifically Burger's) death. Even going so far as to imply that everybody is against Seaside for a completely non-game-related reason. I know it's a second-degree casing, because this theory would only make sense if both Sorsha and Seaside were scum, but there's also a measure of strangeness about how noncommittal her defense of Seaside is. It takes her a few posts on the subject before outright saying she simply doesn't think he's scum, but I feel really shaky about the sidewaysy nature of the previous posts.

5. Comes to Long Con's defense again. And again, much more strongly, here. o_o

6. Her reaction to the Long Con lynch is remarkable in how unremarkable it is. 'Oooh...Nice lynch!' That's all you have to say after defending the guy? o_O Is there an eye-twitch smiley? Can someone make one? Can someone make one of a spinning red light? Because I would follow up this Sorsha ISO with a grand mosaic of those two smilies, stretching for pages and pages.

Conclusion: Sorsha's not looking so great to me, I'll tell you h-whut.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

The clients are starting to wake up, which means it's medication time, which means it's not mafia time. :C I'll be back later with the continuation and conclusion of my Scumspect Thrillogy.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden, I am neither mafia nor a civ with an info role.

OK this post is kinda creepy JJJ.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I know "as little" about the SK as it was presented as fact - him killing HB - where did I imply I know or bring up more than that about him? I wasn't even talking about the SK. :shrug:

I didn't comprehend what sig was referencing. It seemed to me he was saying that HB was off'd by the SK because he "posted something about them". But who is "them"? The mafia team? If so, how would the SK know the HB is on to something about the mafia team?
You should have called bullshit almost immediately. Again theorizing the SK is almost 50% of the time a scummy thing to do. Don't ask for further info call the scummy behaviour on the spot.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:Choutas, are NK'd players' roles revealed on RYM? If Night Kills would actually be revealed here as well, would you find it a good initiative to interpret the SK's choice for murdering HB or still hold up the standard that "talking about the serial killer is pseudo-contributive"?
Yes they are revealed unless it's no or semi-reveal game. Even on rym that move is scummy. We only talk about the SK when we get on the second half of the game and he's still alive or when the kills are two and the setup is closed. Still SK theories on rym at least(who knows what's going on here) is a scummy thing to do.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

You should have called bullshit almost immediately. Again theorizing the SK is almost 50% of the time a scummy thing to do. Don't ask for further info call the scummy behaviour on the spot.
The other 50% are newbies or horrible players in case someone asks me.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:Long Con, JJJ, bea, ricochet, Dr Wilgy, sig.. one more... possibly MM.

That's where my head is at right now.

Wait Golden I'm not sure if I understand your post. Long Con is dead so I don't see why he is on your list, but why both me and bea? I could see just bea, but with LC flip and me being one of the first to call him out and then vote for him, also he himself voted for me yesterday which could have gotten me lynched why am I on this list?

I'm slightly suspicious of JJJ, he kept his options opened yesterday by saying both myself and Long Con could be scum, but I will need to read into him more.

The bea argument is interesting, but why would they set something up like that so early in the game? I think it is more likely bea is civilian who LC tried to bandwagon.

linki: I don't like Choutus post, about myself and Rico, in my opinion the Serial Killer is a factor to discuses, especial when they kill someone who contributes and is a major player. Why shouldn't we discuss the SK?
Rico I will be honest I have no clue why I wrote then, I was referring to the SK.

I see the argument against Sorsha and I will need to think on it but right know she is the most suspicious to me.
I will read over the Epi argument, but I'm not sure if I will follow with that lynch today.

Know I gotta get back to school I will be back this afternoon
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Sorsha wrote: I feel like Matt is stretching with trying to find links where there are none and he's still on day 0 when everyone else is on day 2 so yeah... I can see that.
Isn't this always the case for Matt though? He comes up with the craziest ideas in every game I can remember dating back to his and my first. I don't see why that would be an unusual or unexpected behaviour from him.
DrWilgy wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Ok, just now catching up. (I think I did alright on my exams) Voting LC for now, not reading the interactions with bea to be genuine. Still really far behind, though.
This sounds like a baddie who acts like he's constantly behind, so he can't really be accounted for his behaviour.
Or someone who was really busy IRl, and is now trying to catch back up.
What a novel suggestion!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Golden -- Bad vibes. In the midst of protecting LC, he took the opportunity to go after me for behavior that makes no sense if I'm bad. I think he knows that, and saw an opportunity to capitalize. That's exactly what I was looking for from someone, and Golden ended up being the culprit. When I prodded him to tell me what he thinks I might be doing as a baddie, he had nothing. He even insinuates that he doesn't have to have anything. That's not a good look.
This is a good summary of why I, too, do not have good feelings about Golden right now. He's one of a few I'd say could be LC's team. Epi and Sorsha are in there too for trying quite hard to discredit the LC case.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I encourage that today, there are only two lynch candidates on the table.
How is arranging a literal tally duel ever pro-civilian? You should know that you're not scum, and I know I'm not. If we're both wrong about each other then you've just invited everyone to waste this entire day phase. This kind of restrictive approach to any day would never be the most productive.
How is it in scum interest to encourage the players to put themselves into a lynching coin flip?
How is it in anyone's interest? It severely limits discussion.
Sorsha wrote:It's actually kind of insulting how dumb some of you think I am. :(
This is such a baddie thing to say. You know full well nobody thinks you're dumb.
FZ. wrote:I'm going to go eat my hat in the corner. What a result!! Nice job people. Sorry I was trying to save him :blush:
Just goes to show that the more you play with a person, the less you retain your basic instincts of sniffing out his bullshit, which is my explanation to why those who didn't know LC were better judges than those who do know him.
Does anyone else feel weird about this post? It's like she's overcompensating for not joining the LCwagon.
sig wrote: linki: I don't like Choutus post, about myself and Rico, in my opinion the Serial Killer is a factor to discuses, especial when they kill someone who contributes and is a major player. Why shouldn't we discuss the SK?
Rico I will be honest I have no clue why I wrote then, I was referring to the SK.
Agree with this. If you think someone is the SK, should you just leave them alive til later in the game? Note: Anyone answering yes to this has no right to be surprised or upset when the SK gets them. As far as I'm concerned, a dead LMS indy is almost as good as a dead baddie and I welcome any theories on the SK's identity. Baddies are my main focus and should be everyone's, but if we can bag another dangerous enemy I don't see why we wouldn't.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Choutas, are NK'd players' roles revealed on RYM? If Night Kills would actually be revealed here as well, would you find it a good initiative to interpret the SK's choice for murdering HB or still hold up the standard that "talking about the serial killer is pseudo-contributive"?
Yes they are revealed unless it's no or semi-reveal game. Even on rym that move is scummy. We only talk about the SK when we get on the second half of the game and he's still alive or when the kills are two and the setup is closed. Still SK theories on rym at least(who knows what's going on here) is a scummy thing to do.
You let the SK kill potentially half the players throughout the duration of a game before worrying about him and somehow that's more kosher than talking about what his intentions might be, night after night? :suspish:

Again, I have not laid out any SK theories. The post wasn't even about the SK, it was about sig having stopped making sense. I think you take it... a little too far. :workit:

You're on The Syndicate, my brother. Here we talk.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

The other 50% are newbies or horrible players in case someone asks me.
I just don't feel the same. I don't call bullshit on people discussing the kills and the possible intentions behind it. It works for mafia, it should work for any non-civ killer danger out there.

Put me down as a horrible player, then. :nicenod:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Wow! Way to go everyone who voted LC! :clap: Do we have the Day 2 poll posted somewhere?

And way to give me 5 more pages in 1 night/morning!! :WTF:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Nevermind, I found the poll :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:I'm slightly suspicious of JJJ, he kept his options opened yesterday by saying both myself and Long Con could be scum, but I will need to read into him more.
I addressed this criticism here. Please review that and tell me what you think of it. Given LC's flip, I currently don't view you as a suspect. Him being mafia reflects well on you for the reason you previously asserted.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:

Why

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

motel room wrote:ok.

These two trying to save Long Con were the dodgiest to me, from my interactions --
Epignosis wrote:
motel room wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

This is starting to look cliquish. :suspish:
Commentary. "cliquish" isnt game related. Is it a bad lynch?
I don't like it, so I'd say yes, it's a bad lynch. You catch a Long Con through petty things he does that he himself isn't aware that he's doing, not through calling him out Day 1 by pretending to set up bea to garner reactions.

Another stupid lynch, I say.
Gonna drop a vote on Epi before the weekend hits and birthdays and brother-in-town and beers distract me.
I agree that his defense of LC is off-putting now that we know LC was bad. I just feel Epi is way too good a player to stick his neck out to save a teammate who is getting so much heat. If anything I could see baddie Epi attacking LC to make himself look good. The WIFOM is strong here. I'll have to think about this more before voting. :ponder:

Still have some catching up to do, so I may stumble upon this somewhere. But I wanted to ask how the players who voted bcornett feel about him now. He received a lot of votes, including LC's vote. Does anyone think they could have been teammates going after each other to make the survivor look better?

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:

Why
There is a dose of self-satisfaction innit. You're not like the other guys who do stuff and then say "I TOLD YOU SO" "SEE I I'VE BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG"
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Knock knock, Eloh!
Who's there?
Tell.

---
Tell who?

five more pages while I chose to sleep :sigh:

Great job on the LC lynch guys. See, I always feel like LC is bad and a lot of the time I am wrong. SO, I try hard not to suspect him.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:@MacDougall - like I say, if you think I am scum, lynch me.

I encourage that today, there are only two lynch candidates on the table.

One is me, one is Jay. Vote with your feet. Jay for you think it was a bus. Me for you think Jay is a town hero.

King Arthur, here we bloody well come.
I've been mulling this over, with the sound point made by Mac in mind (spoilered below).
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I encourage that today, there are only two lynch candidates on the table.
How is arranging a literal tally duel ever pro-civilian? You should know that you're not scum, and I know I'm not. If we're both wrong about each other then you've just invited everyone to waste this entire day phase. This kind of restrictive approach to any day would never be the most productive.
How is it in scum interest to encourage the players to put themselves into a lynching coin flip?
I'll attribute Golden's maneuver to each potential alignment, with my thoughts about the legitimacy of those attributions:

Golden as the serial killer -- This seems highly unlikely. That player is alone in the world and cannot afford to draw the spotlight on themself so fervently. The counterargument would be that Golden wouldn't anticipate anyone actually following his lead, but I have my doubts that he proceeded through that entire thought process and still elected to try it. This is the least likely scenario.

Golden as a mafioso -- There is an applicable scenario. Golden had just drawn heat from a very vocal opponent (me) and decided he'd challenge me by playing to the audience in a significant WIFOM gambit. The counterargument to this would be that this isn't behavior I've seen from Golden yet (brash gambling), and the necessity can also be questioned. I also am not sure Golden has the nerve as a bad guy to call me a "fool", something that actually stung me apart from the content of a mafia game.

Golden as a townie -- There is an applicable scenario. Golden is nearly convinced that I am mafia, so much so that he's willing to challenge me to a literal duel both to test my resolve as a baddie and any potential team mates of mine. Right now I think I view this as the most likely situation. He is completely wrong and has entrenched himself in that wrongness confidently, but he is doing so from a genuine perspective. The counterargument is that he's giving me no real opportunity to change his mind and is painting everything I say in mafia colors -- but so is Zebra and I trust him. Sometimes people tunnel.

So there you have it Golden. I'm not inclined to vote for you. If you're still inclined to vote for me, so be it. I've tried as hard as I can under the circumstances to show you what I'm doing in this game (in all phases) as a member of the town faction. I'll continue to make the effort, but eventually I might just have to say screw it. I can't waste my opportunities to play this game on defending myself if those defenses are not being heard.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:

Why
There is a dose of self-satisfaction innit. You're not like the other guys who do stuff and then say "I TOLD YOU SO" "SEE I I'VE BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG"
I am self-satisfied for sure on the matter of the LC lynch. I'm not always on point, but I was this time. People can accuse me of bussing and I can combat that accusation, but at the end of the day we'll all know that I was just plain right. ;)

I probably wouldn't be talking like this if it weren't for Golden telling me that I didn't get it right and that I had inside information.

To be fair though, I came too close to changing my mind (as Zebra pointed out) and that would have been annoying.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The suspicions of Sorsha and Epignosis resonate with me. I think the LC flips reflects well on bea and Seaside. I think Strawhenge is playing a strong Townhenge. My immediate reaction to FZ's links re: LC is that she was just incorrect and not evil. I might try to rainbow tonight if time permits.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

seaside wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
Are you saying that the (first?) most pingy is the Seaside comment? That's what strikes out to me the most.
I think that one actually reflects decently well on Seaside. I read it as LC seeing an opportunity to policy lynch someone for a dumb reason and taking advantage.
Interesting.

Polite request that as many people as possible express their thoughts on this matter. I think it looks bad for Seaside, JJJ seems to think it "reflects decently well" for him. What are your thoughts?

linki: Toodle-oo
Which post of seasides do you want us looking at? Please quote it.
yeah, i don't even know which post we are talking about and i made it (apparently)
No, you did not make it (apparently). More people putting words in my mouth, wonderful. "The Seaside comment" refers to the comment that Long Con made regarding Seaside. Should I assume anyone that thinks otherwise didn't even bother reading Strawhenge's post on Long Con's activity?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't had the opportunity to talk about or look into everyone, so many of these are purely based on gut. I know I'd been coloring my votes earlier in the game, but none of these amount to votes.
Zebra
Strawhenge

bea
Black Rock
Choutas
DrWilgy
FZ
MacDougall
Matt F
motel room
Ricochet
seaside
sig

Bullzeye
Devin the Omniscient
espers
Golden
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko

bcornett24
Diiny
Elohcin
Epignosis
reywaS
Roxy
TheFloyd73
thellama73

rundontwalk
Sorsha
The names in each tier are ordered alphabetically. The order of the tiers themselves is what I'd call important. The selection that gave me the most pause was Ricochet as a green, I'll need to try to look him over. I know he's been a point of contention, but I haven't involved myself in that discussion yet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm so divided on this whole JJJ and Golden thing. They both sound genuine to a fault. JJJ playing the Supatown role while Golden is playing the "You suspect me? Lynch me. You'll see you're wrong when my role is revealed" card. (I've done the latter as a civ before. It got me lynched eventually, but I was civ.)
This makes me feel like this whole 1v1 thing is a trap that will ensure that we lynch another civ. So I won't be voting for either of them today.
Golden wrote:@MacDougall - like I say, if you think I am scum, lynch me.

I encourage that today, there are only two lynch candidates on the table.

One is me, one is Jay. Vote with your feet. Jay for you think it was a bus. Me for you think Jay is a town hero.

King Arthur, here we bloody well come.
The bolded comment doesn't make me feel any better about Golden, though. There are clearly more options today than just the 2 of you :suspish: Still, I will be looking elsewhere for my vote.

Lots o' linkie

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Why is rdw at rock bottom?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dropping a vote on SORSHA before departing again for a while. I think Strawhenge has outlined a strong case on her, and others have pointed to valid pings.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That last post of mine was directed at JJJ for all you skimmers.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”