[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Why is rdw at rock bottom?
Pure meta crap. I expected him to compete with me in post count in this game, at least when he's been available to post. He is a relentless player who stops at nothing to scumhunt in a way that is very unique to him. In this game so far his effort has been null and he's dropped by often enough for that to alarm me.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Pure meta crap. I expected him to compete with me in post count in this game, at least when he's been available to post. He is a relentless player who stops at nothing to scumhunt in a way that is very unique to him. In this game so far his effort has been null and he's dropped by often enough for that to alarm me.
I see what you mean. I have him as a town read myself because to me he seems genuinely flovivivalmisandergated at the new forum, which, while not excusing his lack of content, does excuse his suspiciousness. At least for the time being.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I see what you mean. I have him as a town read myself because to me he seems genuinely flovivivalmisandergated at the new forum, which, while not excusing his lack of content, does excuse his suspiciousness. At least for the time being.

Interesting word...
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Also apparently I ballsed up the bold tags on that one :P
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Interesting word...

Couldn't think of the right one so I made one up.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quick phone note:

This game would be perfect for gun to head reads. One mafia team, still 6 members alive. Someone with more time should head that up during a busy time in the thread.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I haven't had the opportunity to talk about or look into everyone, so many of these are purely based on gut. I know I'd been coloring my votes earlier in the game, but none of these amount to votes.
Zebra
Strawhenge

bea
Black Rock
Choutas
DrWilgy
FZ
MacDougall
Matt F
motel room
Ricochet
seaside
sig

Bullzeye
Devin the Omniscient
espers
Golden
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko

bcornett24
Diiny
Elohcin
Epignosis
reywaS
Roxy
TheFloyd73
thellama73

rundontwalk
Sorsha
The names in each tier are ordered alphabetically. The order of the tiers themselves is what I'd call important. The selection that gave me the most pause was Ricochet as a green, I'll need to try to look him over. I know he's been a point of contention, but I haven't involved myself in that discussion yet.
As green as I ever was :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quick phone note:

This game would be perfect for gun to head reads. One mafia team, still 6 members alive. Someone with more time should head that up during a busy time in the thread.
Never done it before, but right now I'm off to a concert and dinner with friends.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The counterargument is that he's giving me no real opportunity to change his mind and is painting everything I say in mafia colors -- but so is Zebra and I trust him. Sometimes people tunnel.
#JJJForScum2015
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I will say if you don't want to me think you're bad, a reads list ALWAYS helps. That reads list singlehandedly took my strong scum read of JJJ to a moderate scum read.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Let's try this again.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
Are you saying that the (first?) most pingy is the Seaside comment? That's what strikes out to me the most.
I think that one actually reflects decently well on Seaside. I read it as LC seeing an opportunity to policy lynch someone for a dumb reason and taking advantage.
Interesting.

Polite request that as many people as possible express their thoughts on this matter. I think it looks bad for Seaside, JJJ seems to think it "reflects decently well" for him. What are your thoughts?

linki: Toodle-oo
And since apparently this is necessary, here is the post I am talking about:
Long Con wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Seaside until he explains his numerous arbitrary reads to satisfaction.
Your view of Seaside is right and I agree with it it's just that he told me before the game starts that he'll try his best to get lynched early in order to have more free time. It might sound ridiculous but I know Seaside and he's frankly ridiculous. On the other hand if he stops playing midway he'll be a problem to the mods and us.

It's a lose-lose situation to me.
Ugh. It makes me want to lynch him, but not because I particularly believe he was handed a Mafia card at the start. It's ugly, and ugly is such a smelly word.
Now just a reminder, both Strawhenge and myself think that this post here looks very bad for seaside, while JJJ thinks the very same post makes it look good for him. Meanwhile, MacDougall and seaside don't know what post I'm talking about. What are your thoughts?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

Strawhenge wrote:Ho-kay. So.

My top three scumspects, in no order, are Sorsha, Seaside, and The 73rd Llama.

Part One: Sorsha
1. Votes Long Con and Metalmarsh89 for CEO. Already not looking great, knowing that Long Con was pulling a long con.

2. Vote for BWT, terse, ambiguous assessment of Long Con, and some weird logic. Why's it totally cool and not backpedaly for Long Con to switch from bea to sig, but totally backpedaly for BWT to switch from sig to bea to sig?

3. ...then she admits that Long Con's ploy is suspicious...but still avoids any measure of conviction on the matter. Basically it's just a, 'Yeah it's suspicious. I don't get it. Huh. Weird. [silence] Welp, see ya later.'

4. This is a little stretchy, as far as a theory goes, but it's weird that at a few points she softly implies that Seaside was being framed for Burger's (specifically Burger's) death. Even going so far as to imply that everybody is against Seaside for a completely non-game-related reason. I know it's a second-degree casing, because this theory would only make sense if both Sorsha and Seaside were scum, but there's also a measure of strangeness about how noncommittal her defense of Seaside is. It takes her a few posts on the subject before outright saying she simply doesn't think he's scum, but I feel really shaky about the sidewaysy nature of the previous posts.

5. Comes to Long Con's defense again. And again, much more strongly, here. o_o

6. Her reaction to the Long Con lynch is remarkable in how unremarkable it is. 'Oooh...Nice lynch!' That's all you have to say after defending the guy? o_O Is there an eye-twitch smiley? Can someone make one? Can someone make one of a spinning red light? Because I would follow up this Sorsha ISO with a grand mosaic of those two smilies, stretching for pages and pages.

Conclusion: Sorsha's not looking so great to me, I'll tell you h-whut.
You're sooooooo right. You see, I was born yesterday and this here is my first mafia game ever. I just didn't know that I shouldn't defend my baddie partners in the thread!

Or...

Maybe I really actually thought LC was civvie because I don't have btsc with him because I'm not bad?

I don't know. All you geniuses have it all figured out. Please.... Teach me how to mafia.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:sigh:

Sorsha
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I really wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt Sorsha, but your last three or four posts make zero sense from a civvie mindset, and make perfect sense from a baddie mindset.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Yup. Sorsha. That's about the only suspicion I agree with completely, atm.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Back later.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Sorsha wrote:

1. Votes Long Con and Metalmarsh89 for CEO. Already not looking great, knowing that Long Con was pulling a long con.

2. Vote for BWT, terse, ambiguous assessment of Long Con, and some weird logic. Why's it totally cool and not backpedaly for Long Con to switch from bea to sig, but totally backpedaly for BWT to switch from sig to bea to sig?

3. ...then she admits that Long Con's ploy is suspicious...but still avoids any measure of conviction on the matter. Basically it's just a, 'Yeah it's suspicious. I don't get it. Huh. Weird. [silence] Welp, see ya later.'

4. This is a little stretchy, as far as a theory goes, but it's weird that at a few points she softly implies that Seaside was being framed for Burger's (specifically Burger's) death. Even going so far as to imply that everybody is against Seaside for a completely non-game-related reason. I know it's a second-degree casing, because this theory would only make sense if both Sorsha and Seaside were scum, but there's also a measure of strangeness about how noncommittal her defense of Seaside is. It takes her a few posts on the subject before outright saying she simply doesn't think he's scum, but I feel really shaky about the sidewaysy nature of the previous posts.

6. Her reaction to the Long Con lynch is remarkable in how unremarkable it is. 'Oooh...Nice lynch!' That's all you have to say after defending the guy? o_O Is there an eye-twitch smiley? Can someone make one? Can someone make one of a spinning red light? Because I would follow up this Sorsha ISO with a grand mosaic of those two smilies, stretching for pages and pages.

You're sooooooo right. You see, I was born yesterday and this here is my first mafia game ever. I just didn't know that I shouldn't defend my baddie partners in the thread!

Or...

Maybe I really actually thought LC was civvie because I don't have btsc with him because I'm not bad?

I don't know. All you geniuses have it all figured out. Please.... Teach me how to mafia.
I'm not really seeing any actual defense from you. Just feigned offense and a defeatist attitude. You can't deny that you look bad for your defense of LC, but you could at least attempt to give a reasoned argument for why you aren't. Until you do, my vote will also be going to you.

*Votes Sorsha*
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

You guys already have you mind made up about me.

I'd literally be the worst baddie ever to defend LC like I did though. But what can I really say? I can't take back the fact that I defended him :shrug:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

On the contrary, until that defense post that made me vote for you, I wanted to think you were town. That's why when everyone else was pointing everything scummy that you did, I made no comment. Not one until that defense post.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Well the only defense I really have is that I'm crap at reading LC.

He has pulled stunts before in games and been lynched civvie.

As for the points made about him being sketchy about me. Of course he, as mafia, would try to associate with or otherwise make a civ look guilty.

I also wouldn't be surprised if bea were on his team and he had her permission before he tried his whole day one gambit.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorsha wrote:Well the only defense I really have is that I'm crap at reading LC.
Right, but why not say this when he was lynched as opposed to "nice lynch"?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Didnt think it would have mattered. Players would be making the same connections they are now.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Right, but by being the first to address them it would make it seem less like you are trying to hide the fact that you were against the lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can see both sides of the discussion regarding LC's post about seaside. I think the most likely scenario is that Choutas made a game-external comment about seaside that may or may not have been related to seaside's unusual start. LC saw this as an angle he could use to promote the anti-seaside attitude in the thread without taking as much personal responsibility for it.

It's be a very sloppy attempt at distancing if they're team mates, and LC doesn't strike me as the sloppy type.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorsha, it would be helpful for me if you bring back the posts Strawhenge mentioned and just try to explain where your mind was at when you made them.

I haven't made a final decision about you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

I'm not sure about this Sorsha lynch how do they usually act when they are about to be lynched as a mafia and civ? This really does come down to how Sorsha usually acts she seems very defeated which is strange since she only has a few votes. I want to say this behavior is scummy, but it just seems so scummy that I'm thinking it might not be. She did defend LC but so did quite a few people what I find more strange is her reaction and just what seems to be a giving attitude.

So Sorsha who do you think is mafia and who do you think are civs?
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Let's try this again.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
Are you saying that the (first?) most pingy is the Seaside comment? That's what strikes out to me the most.
I think that one actually reflects decently well on Seaside. I read it as LC seeing an opportunity to policy lynch someone for a dumb reason and taking advantage.
Interesting.

Polite request that as many people as possible express their thoughts on this matter. I think it looks bad for Seaside, JJJ seems to think it "reflects decently well" for him. What are your thoughts?

linki: Toodle-oo
And since apparently this is necessary, here is the post I am talking about:
Long Con wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Seaside until he explains his numerous arbitrary reads to satisfaction.
Your view of Seaside is right and I agree with it it's just that he told me before the game starts that he'll try his best to get lynched early in order to have more free time. It might sound ridiculous but I know Seaside and he's frankly ridiculous. On the other hand if he stops playing midway he'll be a problem to the mods and us.

It's a lose-lose situation to me.
Ugh. It makes me want to lynch him, but not because I particularly believe he was handed a Mafia card at the start. It's ugly, and ugly is such a smelly word.
Now just a reminder, both Strawhenge and myself think that this post here looks very bad for seaside, while JJJ thinks the very same post makes it look good for him. Meanwhile, MacDougall and seaside don't know what post I'm talking about. What are your thoughts?
I think this is bad for Seaside, it seems like Long Con made this post as a back up. He could have turned around and voted for Seaside if he had to then used this post to defend his later in the phase vote when Seaside flipped mafia. Usually those who vote late on a mafia lynch are examined so that could be the reason,
This could also have been a set up to lynch a civilian however, if this was the case we would need to look over those who pushed the Seaside lynch.

Golden defended Long Con yesterday, yet he isn't getting much flak over that compared to Sorsha.

At this point I'm unsure of a Sorsha lynch, I could go for a Golden or maybe a Seaside lynch.
So here is my question what is everyone's thoughts on Golden and his defense of Long Con as well as this post.
Golden wrote:Long Con, JJJ, bea, ricochet, Dr Wilgy, sig.. one more... possibly MM.

That's where my head is at right now.
What is everyone's thoughts on Seaside. Could he be mafia and was attempting to wallflower but when he started to get heat he posted and everything was redirected? I bring this up partly because of Long Con's post about him.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Russ looks completely anti-Mafia to me now. He might be SK (er...apologies to whoever doesn't like talking about the SK...?), but consider this...

Russ made the 8th and final vote for Long Con, and was rather late with it.

Then, Long Con was forced to use his "x3 vote" on bcornett just to TIE with bcornett. I very seriously doubt Russ would make that vote if Long Con was his teamie. He could've easily avoided it by voting bcornett or Llama.

Anywho, right now I believe Sorsha is a baddie.
Sorsha wrote: Of course he, as mafia, would try to associate with or otherwise make a civ look guilty.
^--Talkin' about Long Con and her.

What's funny about this, is when I mentioned how Sorsha maybe voted with Eloh in Day 0 all three times to make Elohcin look guilty in the case that Sorsha was lynched and flipped baddie...Sorsha said how ridiculous I was.

But now, you do believe it's possible that members of the Mafia try to associate with civs to make them look guilty? :clap:

Linki

I like Golden, heck he even voted me CEO (thanks G!), however, after seeing Russ' very late vote for Long Con, I see Golden switched his vote to bcornett before the poll ended. :ponder:

Golden - What are your thoughts on Sorsha? Do you think we should lynch her today?

Also, I had a slight ping on espers, but I'll write out a new post for that one. What's everyone else think of espers?
Image Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

1. And if LC was a civ he would have been a great leader, it's true
2. I thought it was suspicious of bwt because he just seemed to be riding on LCs coat tails. Once LC "changed his mind" on bea, so did bwt. And I still stand by my bwt vote, I think he was suspicious.... See? I can't read bwt either.
3. Yes... It's called not being 100% sure because I wasn't. Like I just said, I've seen him do something like this, coming up with zany theories and day one plans, and get lynched as a civ.
4. Noncommittal on seaside because I've never played with him before, I don't know if this is how he always acts but I didn't see anything too suspicious in his behavior. I also didn't like the reasons some people were given for voting him. At the same time they knew him better than I did, but I still only think you should lynch someone if you really think they are bad.
5. And this would be the point, if I were his teammate, that I should have begun distancing.... not further defense. Or just kept my mouth shut. Or placed a vote on him. Pretty much anything but what I actually did.
6. Like I said, didn't think it would matter and figured it would just get torn apart anyway. I'm not the kind of player who goes head to head with others too much like golden and jjj and others have been doing the past day. i just roll over and die In the past it hasn't worked well for me and hasn't been worth the effort :shrug:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Matt F wrote:Russ looks completely anti-Mafia to me now. He might be SK (er...apologies to whoever doesn't like talking about the SK...?), but consider this...

Then, Long Con was forced to use his "x3 vote" on bcornett just to TIE with bcornett. I very seriously doubt Russ would make that vote if Long Con was his teamie. He could've easily avoided it by voting bcornett or Llama.

Anywho, right now I believe Sorsha is a baddie.
Sorsha wrote: Of course he, as mafia, would try to associate with or otherwise make a civ look guilty.
^--Talkin' about Long Con and her.

What's funny about this, is when I mentioned how Sorsha maybe voted with Eloh in Day 0 all three times to make Elohcin look guilty in the case that Sorsha was lynched and flipped baddie...Sorsha said how ridiculous I was.

But now, you do believe it's possible that members of the Mafia try to associate with civs to make them look guilty? :clap:

Linki

I like Golden, heck he even voted me CEO (thanks G!), however, after seeing Russ' very late vote for Long Con, I see Golden switched his vote to bcornett before the poll ended. :ponder:

Golden - What are your thoughts on Sorsha? Do you think we should lynch her today?

Also, I had a slight ping on espers, but I'll write out a new post for that one. What's everyone else think of espers?
And I absolutely LOVE proving people wrong. So if I do get lynched today it be kinda worth it to just have my civvie role shoved right in your face.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate the effort to defend yourself Sorsha. I don't have the time right now to thoroughly assess what you've said, but I pledge to do so and state any further misgivings I may have.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Sorsha wrote:And I absolutely LOVE proving people wrong. So if I do get lynched today it be kinda worth it to just have my civvie role shoved right in your face.
No, it wouldn't be worth it if you were civvie. At all.

Sorsha

Btw, I'm guessing you agree now that Mafias attempt to associate with civvies in case they get lynched?
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sorsha could you make a list of your top mafia and civilian reads, please provide some reasoning for why you think they are scum/civs?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Matt F wrote:
Sorsha wrote:And I absolutely LOVE proving people wrong. So if I do get lynched today it be kinda worth it to just have my civvie role shoved right in your face.

Sorsha

Btw, I'm guessing you agree now that Mafias attempt to associate with civvies in case they get lynched?
I'm not sure I agree, it wouldn't be worth it for the civilian cause, but as a haha maybe it would be. This is looking more and more like a civ who just lost it and isn't good under pressure. Without any previous meta on Sorsha she seems like an emotional civilian to me.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Matt F wrote:

Sorsha

Sure it will, it will prove you wrong and me right. Worth it to me. :grin:

@sig- I'll work on it
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Yup. Sorsha. That's about the only suspicion I agree with completely, atm.
Should I take this mean to that you have other suspicions that are unpopular? And if so, what are they?
sig wrote:At this point I'm unsure of a Sorsha lynch, I could go for a Golden or maybe a Seaside lynch.
So here is my question what is everyone's thoughts on Golden and his defense of Long Con as well as this post.
Golden wrote:Long Con, JJJ, bea, ricochet, Dr Wilgy, sig.. one more... possibly MM.

That's where my head is at right now.
What is everyone's thoughts on Seaside. Could he be mafia and was attempting to wallflower but when he started to get heat he posted and everything was redirected? I bring this up partly because of Long Con's post about him.
Your fence-sitting is nothing short of hardcore. I didn't know hardcore fence-sitting was even theoretically possible, but you have proved its existence with your post here. Sadly, I don't think I can make any judgments about your alignment from this fence-sitting, which makes your fence-sitting contagious, and here I am, same as it ever was.
Matt F wrote:Russ looks completely anti-Mafia to me now. He might be SK (er...apologies to whoever doesn't like talking about the SK...?), but consider this...

Good point about Russt, I would never have noticed that, and it definitely makes me re-evaluate the scummy vibes I got from him earlier. As or espers...I haven't been thinking about espers at all, actually. And I don't like that. Low key much?

linki @sig: If there's anything that's going to make me change my Sorsha vote, it's this. Reasons for every read would be very helpful too.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Sorsha

I'm not sure I agree, it wouldn't be worth it for the civilian cause, but as a haha maybe it would be. This is looking more and more like a civ who just lost it and isn't good under pressure. Without any previous meta on Sorsha she seems like an emotional civilian to me.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:sigh:

Sorry about that above post.
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Sorsha

I don't believe a civilian should say things like "It will totes be worth it just to see the stupid look on your face" (obviously I'm paraphrasing)...

Anywho, because of my other interactions with Sorsha, I just don't see her as civvie. Earlier, she accused me of being the only person locked in on Day 0 when several players were not even playing, and then when I brought that up to her, she said I was twisting her words when all I did was quote her exact phrase re: "EVERYONE ELSE IS ON DAY 2"

She didn't have a response when I asked her how I was twisting her words. And she's yet to respond to my question on whether or not she now thinks Mafias associate with civvies to make them look bad later.

My vote is staying where it is.

As for espers...

I see espers voted Long Con in Dusk 0 for the CEO position. As well, espers was part of the late late LLama train towards the end of Day 2 when Long Con was getting votes.

My strongest feeling is on Sorsha, though.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by a2thezebra »

While I'm on the subject of espers I suppose I should address this concern of his:
espers wrote:
espers wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
i'd like to see this answered soon tbh. if it's not totally clear: you mentioned "two that are the most likely to actually be lynched", and implied they weren't good choices. one is obviously brian. who is the other leading lynch candidate you're talking about?
That was Long Con, who was neck-in-neck with bcorn at the time with everyone else far behind. Therefore, one of the two that were most likely to be lynched that I was arguing against, was also one of the names I mentioned as someone who would be preferable to those two lynch candidates. I planted this pardox to see if JJJ or anyone else would address it. He did not, only you did. Proof:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Does no one see my para-never mind.

Anyway, JaggedJimmyJay.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I can see your point, but I've played with people who as civilians have said such things when they are about to be lynched, the biggest issue with Sorsha's attitude I have is that she started acting that way when she didn't have that many people who had voted for her.

I will need to look over esper off the top of my head I can't think of anything about him at all.

linki: Rbzmncaeaei why did you do this?
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:to see if JJJ or anyone else would address it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I did address that Zebra. You may not have liked the way I addressed it, but don't tell people I never bothered.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
I'm literally not more likely to be scum than bcornett. Are you sure about that?

Your reads are your own. Why are you demanding that I share them? I've spent a ton of this phase talking with sig and Long Con. Go read that and tell me why I should vote for them right now.

Floyd's content is definitely not inherently more suspicious than bcornett's. I can understand it being called suspicious, but more suspicious is nonsense. There is nothing to assess beyond a vote.

I haven't seen a good reason to be suspicious of Wilgy.

Epi and llama are getting a lot of crap. I have no strong opinion. Focus on those two: sell me on either of those votes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Knock knock, Eloh!
Who's there?
Tell.

---
Tell who?

five more pages while I chose to sleep :sigh:

Great job on the LC lynch guys. See, I always feel like LC is bad and a lot of the time I am wrong. SO, I try hard not to suspect him.
ebwop: You all should lynch me b/c I am having a hard time keeping up in this game. :(
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Why not Sorsha, Elohcin?

If you're having trouble keeping up, maybe a replacement?
Image Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Elo why don't you just ask to be replaced?

Here you go sig and whoever else wants it:

Bad:
bea- Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if LC got the go ahead btc from bea to use her for his ruse.

Epignosis- Completely avoided the LC/bea posts, tried to steer the lynch away from LC. Placed a vote temporarily on seaside then switched it to bcornet at the end which helped out with LC’s x3 vote.

Devin- Until today hadn’t contributed much. The rainbow list I started yesterday I had “Leaning bad on Devin. He’s keeping up with the thread and posting answers to game mechanics and various questions but little in the way of suspicions except for Diiny.” Today he has defended Epi so that doesn’t look good to me either.

Probably good:
Golden- The only thing I find sus about his is his vote for bcornet at the end of the lynch, especially paired with LC’s x3. But….. I only skimmed over the golden v jjj posts, those I see him coming from a civ pov and, like me, I don’t see him defending LC like that if they were teammates.

Good:
My two biggest civ reads are Zebra and Mac, thinking bullz is civ so far and Strawhenge. I doubt that Black Rock is bad, I don’t think that role would be on its 2nd replacement by the 3rd day if it was a btsc baddie role and I don’t think Bubbles would have dropped out if she were bad either. (she has a history of never getting a baddie role so I think she’d stick it out if she did)

bcornet- I suspected him enough to vote for him yesterday but I don’t think that LC would have voted for him/tied it/nearly gotten him lynched if he was a teammate. I don't see him being bad with the way yesterdays lynch went down.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I did address that Zebra. You may not have liked the way I addressed it, but don't tell people I never bothered.
I'm talking about the paradox. You didn't address the paradox, likely because you didn't notice it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ffs the whole responding to my posts without reading them thing is getting old JJJ
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I did address that Zebra. You may not have liked the way I addressed it, but don't tell people I never bothered.
I'm talking about the paradox. You didn't address the paradox, likely because you didn't notice it.
You're right, I didn't. I had to read your post and subsequent explanation just now to even know what you were talking about. I still don't know what you had in mind with this maneuver or what it might expose. :shrug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:ffs the whole responding to my posts without reading them thing is getting old JJJ
You can't expect me to see inside your brain. I misunderstood you and have just stated how. I was indeed unaware of your paradox thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Well, gotta get ready for work.

Sorsha - Still avoiding the question, eh? I'm going to take your silence, as well as your comments on Long Con earlier, to mean that yes, you do believe that Mafia can buddy up to civvies to make them look bad later.

Golden - Thoughts on Sorsha? Or are you still interested in dueling with JJJ?

Peace out folks
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha's gentle scolding of Long Con sounds genuine to me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
You're right, I didn't. I had to read your post and subsequent explanation just now to even know what you were talking about. I still don't know what you had in mind with this maneuver or what it might expose. :shrug:
This right here is what I had in mind. It reveals, once again, that you are more eager to defend yourself than anything else, both then and especially now. And don't try to pretend that the paradox was impossible to notice because espers noticed it immediately, thinking I meant someone other than Long Con when it clearly had to be him. What does that say about espers exactly? I'm not sure, but as someone who pulled the maneuver that you did at the end of Day 2, you shouldn't see my much less risky and much less elaborate maneuver as a pointless one.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”