[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by espers »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Disclaimer: While I have subbed in, I will be unavailable for the most part until either Sunday night or Monday morning. I have a little time in between, but I imagine most of that will be catching up. Just keep that in mind, whether you decide to lynch me or leave me be until I get caught up.
why are you worried about being lynched so soon after replacing in?
espers
Stool Pigeon

Post by espers »

DrWilgy wrote:Welcome Fuzz. Good to see you.

Has anyone not posted since LC's lynch? I may have missed it but I haven't seen MM post in awhile. I wonder where my companion has gone...

JJJ and Seaside, how did LC's flip affect your stance on Bcornett if at all?
i'd like golden to answer this last question too.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Soooo I am now 10 pages behind and limited to phone for the weekend since I'm in Boston. Just wanted to briefly say some things.

Yay new day!

I don't really understand the backlash on JJJ here. I thought he came out of the whole thing looking Supatown. And as Mac said, Occam's Razor. Works all the time, worked yesterday, probably works today. I haven't really been pinged by Golden any, so if he's still on about that everyone vote for him or JJJ thing I don't support that.

I agree with others who mentioned that Epi and Sorsha, among others, look a lot worse after yesterday. I'm feeling even stronger in my negative reads on both of them today.

I'll try to catch up and contribute as possible tomorrow. I'll be more available than I would've been on Sunday, in any case, even though that's not saying much

Linki: espers your post to JJJ reads super duper weird. You're aware he thinks she's town because there hasn't been resistance, right? And that he means he'd expect resistance if she were bad? Or are you saying you know she's town? Please explain.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

it hasn't i haven't looked to closely into their interactions though
espers
Stool Pigeon

Post by espers »

Russtifinko wrote: Linki: espers your post to JJJ reads super duper weird. You're aware he thinks she's town because there hasn't been resistance, right? And that he means he'd expect resistance if she were bad? Or are you saying you know she's town? Please explain.
i'm trying to probe whether that is what he means (your second question).

i wouldn't expect to see vocal resistance if she is bad given the way people have reacted to her treatment of long con.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:Someone asked how I feel about Sorsha - I feel the evidence that has been produced is good, and I have absolutely no issues with the vote going that way today.
Did you even read my responses?
Yes. I don't feel strongly that you are bad, but I think the evidence is good - I wouldn't choose to vote for you but I just did because everyone else is so... why not. I think I've made it pretty clear there are plenty of others who I think are a better choice for the lynch, but I don't think you are a bad choice.

Vote sorsha
Whoa, this is scummy as f...
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

24 hours there has been over 500 posts so difficult to keep up
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

I've read/skimmed through page 35, based on what I have read thus far, I really don't like Golden and JJJs argument, they both seem to see each other as scum, maybe that is because they both are scum. But i suppose this would have to mean that LC was bussed by both of them? If this is the case I think JJJ and golden would really be able to wreck the town if both happened to be scum.

I don't like Jays sudden mentioning of RDW being presently absent, it is honestly terrifying. Both in the fact that RDW is watching quietly and that this felt like an attempt to change the direction of the conversation away from golden and him.

Is there a specific thing that Sorsha did to deserve all of this attention? (I'm currently in the process of reading pages 18-28 and 36-40).
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

bcornett24 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:Someone asked how I feel about Sorsha - I feel the evidence that has been produced is good, and I have absolutely no issues with the vote going that way today.
Did you even read my responses?
Yes. I don't feel strongly that you are bad, but I think the evidence is good - I wouldn't choose to vote for you but I just did because everyone else is so... why not. I think I've made it pretty clear there are plenty of others who I think are a better choice for the lynch, but I don't think you are a bad choice.

Vote sorsha
Whoa, this is scummy as f...
If I were to currently cast a vote based on who I felt was the scummiest, I would have to say Golden based on the above post. This is of course subject change as I continue to read further.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

seaside wrote:I played the game as i was reading through the thread. then i got to the bit where you had already polled it up and was like aww, but i'll post it anyway even if it is just a lone post
I also don't get why some people are so against (unless they scum) playing it. it is a good quick way to get a nice vibe of where everyone is at. getting all standish off over refusing to play the game is a bit strange to.
like why are people telling people to vote for them just cause they refuse to play the game.
You just answered your own question.
seaside wrote:I also don't get why some people are so against (unless they scum) playing it.
seaside wrote:some people are so against (unless they scum) playing it.
seaside wrote:against (unless they scum) playing it.
seaside wrote:(unless they scum)
seaside wrote:scum
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:To Golden I say...watch out, you might get what you're after!
I don't actually need to 'watch out' for something that I've been openly trying to achieve.

@Macdougall - I voted Sorsha to demonstrate how ridiculous the bandwagon was, something that seemed immediately apparent after I voted for her. She had something like 7 votes at the time I voted for her and no-one else had more than one. It's like BWT all over again. I feel like this game is full of sheep, and I don't intend to be one.

Anyway, my vote is going back to JJJ now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

espers wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Disclaimer: While I have subbed in, I will be unavailable for the most part until either Sunday night or Monday morning. I have a little time in between, but I imagine most of that will be catching up. Just keep that in mind, whether you decide to lynch me or leave me be until I get caught up.
why are you worried about being lynched so soon after replacing in?
This struck me as a bit paranoid as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Welcome RadicalFuzz glad to have you here, know a question will you lynch Golden with me today or fall for the nefarious plotting of the mafia and lynch Sorsha? \

@Epi why is that funny?
Golden why if you think Sorsha is clean are you still voting for her who else would you vote for over her?
I just answered that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi, right now my rainbow list has you as my strongest town read. That is just context for why I'm asking you specifically this question, it is not intended as flattery to get me the answer I want.

I want to know, what is your view on whether or not the whole JJJ/LC thing could be a designed gig to create credit for others (such as JJJ and bea).
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:To Golden I say...watch out, you might get what you're after!
I don't actually need to 'watch out' for something that I've been openly trying to achieve.
It goes to show how hard it is for some of the players (iMac and bcorn, likely more) to keep up when they don't realize that this is in fact what you are doing on purpose, and even boasting about it. I think you're technically civ-aligned but with this WIFOM overdose of yours I wouldn't doubt that you are doing more damage to town than the actual scum are, and if you continue then you're only going to be more of a distraction from the real baddies as the game goes on. In other words, I support your cause.

Golden
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh yeah, add sig to the same group with bcorn and Mac.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@zebra - its kind of you to say I'm causing damage for the town. If you think that is what I'm doing, then I advise you AGAINST voting for me. I suggest you only vote for me if you think I am scum, or if you think I'm helping the town. Otherwise you may be disappointed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Okay I get it now. Golden is scum pretending to be reckless town and it began when LC flipped scum and he cracked badly and has been trying to glue together all the crumbs that fell out with a more and more intricate series of wifom plays and bullshit.

Changing my vote to golden. He reminds me of me as scum.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:Epi, right now my rainbow list has you as my strongest town read. That is just context for why I'm asking you specifically this question, it is not intended as flattery to get me the answer I want.

I want to know, what is your view on whether or not the whole JJJ/LC thing could be a designed gig to create credit for others (such as JJJ and bea).
I do t know jjjs allignment, but I a civ. Everything being used against me is because lc did it to me. Question my vote for sure, the timing was odd given how things shook out, but I voted exactly where I said I was probably going to vote earlier in the day and under pressure of work and unable to keep up. I never asked for lc to set me up then say he didn't believe it and then end up being bad. I never agrreed to it. I am not lcs teammate. Golden, I'm not bad. I don't know what I have to do to get you the no concider the idea that he was using me and it hurts me that you aren't even listening to me or responding to anything I'm saying. :(

And yes, I've been more vocal tonight. I'm also hella slow for a friday. It's super weird business wise tbh.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ebwop I don't know jjjs allignment. Yay phone posting. :l
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea you are wasting your time and energy by defending yourself against someone that is actively trying (and succeeding) to get lynched themselves.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I guess those who haven't caught up might need some more context on that image. It consists of a game JJJ championed where myself, JJJ, Mac, and Golden stated gun-to-head reads on every single player with only "Good" and "Bad" as the available options, no "Neutral". As you can see, it's a little disconcerting that there was not one player that more than two of us thought was bad.
it pretty much says that one of you guys is scum and doesn't want to agree with other players that scum players look scummy. You actually look the best for giving an enormous amount of scum players. Mac looks the worst for giving only six and two if his are two of my strongest town reads(DrWilgy and MattF).

I also adore how you find sig a consensus townie. Yeah someone in the quartet is deffo scum.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MacDougall wrote:Can I just repeat that Golden has a gun to head town read on Sorsha and has voted for her... Like how is that not the most important thing to come out of that game?
Is golden the second coming of djaind?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GOLDEN

JJJ

MACDOUGALL

MATT F
Good

Good

Me

Bad
Got home from work, and super enjoyed Sorsha presenting misinformation again (against Devin this time) while some of you inexplicably take your votes off her... (more on that later)...

Usually I wait till the end of my reading, but saw this and wanted to ask immediately...

Why? (also, if anyone else notes me as bad, why?)

Back to reading...
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:No. It was gun to head. I did the same with Matt F. I have no overwhelming thought on him. He made me tingle once. Nowhere near some others. It's not worthy of consideration and you look bad to me for trying to dwell on something so pointless.
And this is why I usually read the thread first. Still reading, btw, but since I stopped for his last post, might as well stop for this one.

If you remember what it was that made you tingle, lemme know.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:No. It was gun to head. I did the same with Matt F. I have no overwhelming thought on him. He made me tingle once. Nowhere near some others. It's not worthy of consideration and you look bad to me for trying to dwell on something so pointless.
And this is why I usually read the thread first. Still reading, btw, but since I stopped for his last post, might as well stop for this one.

And this is why I dwell on "pointless" things, Mac.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@bea - I don't really think anything you've done looks bad... I would way prefer to see JJJ lynched than you. If things don't go in your favour and you are civ, I'm really sorry. :hugs:

@mac - interesting theory. Perhaps you should ask those who know me if I've ever 'cracked badly', or even if I've ever defended a teammate so hard in the early running when scum. No-one who knows me will recall either ever happening.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Epi do you prefer sorsha or golden?
You vote seems to be on an improbable lynch(bea). I'm gonna switch my vote before the day is over. Will you?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I actually kind of feel really bad after reading bea's posts. :beer: bea, you know I love you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:

Alright. The post that caught my eye first was this one.
Matt F wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
You may not be bad, but you're not pro-civilian.
wow. this. putting my vote on rbz for now.
Despite him proclaiming me def town, I don't have a read on RBZ.

However, if you agree with Epig that rbz is not bad but pro town, then why vote for rbz? You're still voting for someone you think is civvie.

Sorsha, what do you think of Eloh's vote for RBZ?
Here you made a point of reminding the thread that someone has you as a def town read. You are speaking as though it's normal that if someone has a pro town read on a player that the player returns the favour. That's not normal and it doesn't need to be said. It's weird that you would even bother qualifying the post with the aforementioned, but not a huge tell. It did catch my eye but until now I haven't had a chance to look at you in detail.

Until you started to receive some attention you appeared to be struggling to produce content and tried to force it out by discussing game mechanics. Strange, especially for someone who according to yourself is known for posting lots and lots in a game. Your entire page 2 ISO are posts of this nature. I would have thought, and this might be website differences, that a volume posting townie would be accusing all and sundry at that point rather than dwelling on game mechanics.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 1&start=40

You had a couple of people post mild suspicions of you and I sensed relief that you had an excuse to post. For someone who I can already see is a good player, struggling to scum hunt would be unusual for you as town, but would be an explanation for struggling to post if you were scum.
Matt F wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like Matt is stretching with trying to find links where there are none and he's still on day 0 when everyone else is on day 2 so yeah... I can see that.
Everyone else, huh?

I suppose reywas coming in the thread to say "hello" means he's on Day 2, huh? Or TheFloyd, who has hardly said two words, if that, he must also be on Day 2?

As for me stretching it, again, I ask you, is Elohcin also stretching it by agreeing with my idea on you, or is still just me?
I don't like your reason for voting sorsha, but I particularly don't like that sorsha seems to be your big go to and your other scum hunt efforts are very low effort and not elaborated on in great detail despite you saying you would. Certainly sorsha accusing you of being the only player stuck on day 0 is disingenuous but it could just as easily be her using hyperbole as an excited townie thinking she's nabbed a scum. Her read is much the same as what I've discovered above in your ISO.

Actually on further thought when she said you were "stuck on day 0" did she not mean that your attention was on day 0? How does mentioning reywaS posting "hello" dispute the fact that your posts were all about day 0 up until that point? Hmmm... And this is your reason for starting your big tunnel job?

I think you've either misunderstood her or intentionally twisted her words. Which is it?

Most of your other major contributions occur when someone levels suspicion on you. You come out of the aethyr to respond, much like you have just now.

Discussing game mechanics early game to get post count up.
Tunneling a player who showed suspicion of you but made a faux pas in the process and despite a promise of more scum hunting...
You come out of the clouds to respond when someone mentions you in a negative light.

Pretty big scum tells.

Then there's this.
Matt F wrote:Russ looks completely anti-Mafia to me now. He might be SK (er...apologies to whoever doesn't like talking about the SK...?), but consider this...

Russ made the 8th and final vote for Long Con, and was rather late with it.

Then, Long Con was forced to use his "x3 vote" on bcornett just to TIE with bcornett. I very seriously doubt Russ would make that vote if Long Con was his teamie. He could've easily avoided it by voting bcornett or Llama.

Anywho, right now I believe Sorsha is a baddie.
Sorsha wrote: Of course he, as mafia, would try to associate with or otherwise make a civ look guilty.
^--Talkin' about Long Con and her.

What's funny about this, is when I mentioned how Sorsha maybe voted with Eloh in Day 0 all three times to make Elohcin look guilty in the case that Sorsha was lynched and flipped baddie...Sorsha said how ridiculous I was.

But now, you do believe it's possible that members of the Mafia try to associate with civs to make them look guilty? :clap:

Linki

I like Golden, heck he even voted me CEO (thanks G!), however, after seeing Russ' very late vote for Long Con, I see Golden switched his vote to bcornett before the poll ended. :ponder:

Golden - What are your thoughts on Sorsha? Do you think we should lynch her today?

Also, I had a slight ping on espers, but I'll write out a new post for that one. What's everyone else think of espers?
I don't think so. If Long Con's teammates were resigned to his lynching that would be a decent vote to make. I mean, if you're town you just justified him doing so!

I will say that if sorsha is lynched and flips scum it would be extremely unlike you're bussing her.

If she is lynched and flips town... well it won't condemn you. But it will make you look like a dick at least, scum at worst.

Can you please elaborate on some of the other scum pings you've had. I'd like to see you put some effort into other players before the end of this day. After analysing you further you've got me mighty worried.

I welcome the input of others here... Especially on the bolded part.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Choutas wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I guess those who haven't caught up might need some more context on that image. It consists of a game JJJ championed where myself, JJJ, Mac, and Golden stated gun-to-head reads on every single player with only "Good" and "Bad" as the available options, no "Neutral". As you can see, it's a little disconcerting that there was not one player that more than two of us thought was bad.
it pretty much says that one of you guys is scum and doesn't want to agree with other players that scum players look scummy. You actually look the best for giving an enormous amount of scum players. Mac looks the worst for giving only six and two if his are two of my strongest town reads(DrWilgy and MattF).

I also adore how you find sig a consensus townie. Yeah someone in the quartet is deffo scum.
Sig hasn't really done anything that I've noted as overtly bad. Convince me otherwise please instead of just laughing about the fact that others disagree with you.

Explain how having more town reads than scum reads is scummy. Never heard that one before.

Tell me again why DrWilgy and MattF are big town reads for you? Please read my post on MattF before you do though.

Townies, please stop using wifom like it's actually more than just guessing. It makes it hard to scum hunt.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Yay, 2-ish pages is much easier to catch up on. Welcome to the game Fuzz, I don't envy your catchup at all. I will probably be changing my vote today, as I feel more reasonable about Sorsha. However I was going to move it to Epi until he came in being all genuine and making so much sense. He won't be getting my vote either. Nor will Golden. I don't know what game he's playing but it's ridiculous and disruptive and I don't see why a baddie would ever do such a thing so blatantly. I don't think he's bad and I won't take whatever bait he thinks he's thrown out there.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I had less time today than I wanted to for Mafiaing, but, in short, Sorsha ekes out ahead of my other suspects—whom I'll case with like scrutiny when I can. Anyway, she gets my vote.

Her responses feel like classic intimidation. Bordering on kinda mean, if I'm honest, which has sucked the oxygen out of my let's-play-Mafia room for the moment. Maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong. I don't know. I hate that tactic, personally. The whole, 'You must be dumb to think I'm scum,' thing.

Eh, Emohenge will be on later.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MacDougall wrote:
Choutas wrote:

Sig hasn't really done anything that I've noted as overtly bad. Convince me otherwise please instead of just laughing about the fact that others disagree with you.

Explain how having more town reads than scum reads is scummy. Never heard that one before.

Tell me again why DrWilgy and MattF are big town reads for you? Please read my post on MattF before you do though.

Townies, please stop using wifom like it's actually more than just guessing. It makes it hard to scum hunt.
DrWilgy made that post with the colors and the probabilities, towniest post in the whole game.
I view Sorsha as a very good candidate for today's lynch and Matt seems to be invested and conducive towards her lynch. Whoever works towards lynching scum players is good to me. Of course if Sorsha flips town I'll seriously be reassessing everything but until then I judge with what I have.
As for the game you have witnessed enough controversies and enough accusations to have more than six people who might be scum. I wouldn't really mind people having more but having less really? Do most players look good to you?
Also if there is one guy that can emulate his meta to perfection is you. Rdw and gwilikers also come to mind.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Changed my vote to Sorsha. Between Golden and Sorsha then sorsha all the way.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm split on sorsha and golden as lynch candidates. Golden has been the scummiest player today, which is why I want him lynched but sorsha has been not really better and I'm keen to see sorsha flip so I can develop more of a MattF read. To me sorsha being scum is slightly less likely mathematically due to the fact that Matt is slightly more likely than I thought and I think it's incredibly unlikely that they are on a scum team.

Does anybody else have any theories that could develop from a lynch of one of these two?

linki: I recall one time getting lynched by town because scum Equus made a post that was a flow chart of probabilities that led to me being scum in the majority of cases. We lost the game because she got me lynched. If you are genuinely telling me that "colours and probabilities" are enough for you to say that DrWilgy is a strong town read and that's the towniest post in the game. I might as well just not bother posting actual cases and just make up wifom bullshit about people I have gut scum reads on.

I wouldn't say most look good. But wifom aside, there aren't many players who have outright been suspicious to me. Evidently there are six. Being that I'm awesome it's probably the entire scum team.

I assume you mean that my town and scum games are identical? *sigh* Dude that's wifom. We need to focus on actual cases and inconsistencies like the part where MattF has actually completely misconstrued (or misrepresented) a valid point sorsha raised about him and tunneled her the entire time since. Using wifom and meta in my experience is anti-town. Either townies making cases based on nothing that fluke lynch scum but more often result in lynching townies or scum making up reason to push suspicion onto townies.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:WAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Wilgy runs through the room screaming like a maniac! I've done it he exclaims. I've mixed alittle bit of Pinto bean man's DNA with everyone else's to create the perfect being!!! I used alot of JJJ's, for his DNA added to Pinto bean man's has created the ultimate Sweden vacationer! I will call him, Russ! The only player that did not contribute DNA was myself. We can't have Russ having even a fraction of my sexiness. I don't think the world is ready for anyone else with my genes.

I've been looking at the votes (+timing) of the two leads, and based solely upon votes here's my baddie potential list:
Long Con: Choutas (12), sig (16), seaside (17), DrWilgy (18), motel room (31), bcornett24 (32), JaggedJimmyJay (34), Russtifinko (35) 21%

bcornett24: FZ. (19), Sorsha (21), Epignosis (26), bea (27), Golden (36), Long Con (38) 16%

Based solely upon vote timing JJJ, Bea, and Golden are the ones that worry me the most due to the timing of their vote. Bea and Golden's vote timing both established vote ties. JJJ's vote placement would've been really good timing to bus LC, given that LC had just taken the lead and it didn't look like It would change.

Here's the kicker though, bussing LC while knowing his ability doesn't make sense. LC with his vote on bcornett meant that they had the same number of votes at EOD. If a teammate really bussed LC there, they could've moved off of him still giving LC the visable lead, but not the lynch.

Now taking into account of LC's ability:
Long Con: Choutas (12), sig (16), seaside (17), DrWilgy (18), motel room (31), bcornett24 (32), JaggedJimmyJay (34), Russtifinko (35) 21%

bcornett24: FZ. (19), Sorsha (21), Epignosis (26), bea (27), Golden (36), Long Con (38) 16%

If they knew LC's ability, Sorsha and Golden would be the ones that broke the tie in LC's favor (knowing he would vote to save himself). I need to look into both of them more and figure out who is scummier, but in the meantime I'm voting Sorsha. It's harder for me to imagine Golden as a baddie so blatantly defending LC... Kinda sounds like something I would do if I had a wrong read... sounds like something that happened recently before...
This reminds me soooo much of the greatest scum gambit in RYMafia history.

It was so good. I was a rogue but I was confirmed as such and I was conning the town into keeping me alive while I helped them scum hunt (which I was doing effectively). Equus's gambit here, which if you can't tell is a total lie, just totally jibberish on a page and lies, won the scum the game when the town lynched me instead of targeting someone else (which at that point would have led to me winning funnily enough).

If you have a spare two hours to kill read the game through. https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... 20&start=0

iirc it was one of the best ones we've done. So much fun. My role was so much fun.

FYI I left Jimmy's post in there to remind him that he is a big idiot.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Is Profiction still playing games? Why didn't MrMungBean join this one? He's a big shot now?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Choutas wrote:Is Profiction still playing games? Why didn't MrMungBean join this one? He's a big shot now?
No idea man I haven't played the last 15 games and before that like the last 30 or 40.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Soooo I am now 10 pages behind and limited to phone for the weekend since I'm in Boston. Just wanted to briefly say some things.

Yay new day!

I don't really understand the backlash on JJJ here. I thought he came out of the whole thing looking Supatown. And as Mac said, Occam's Razor. Works all the time, worked yesterday, probably works today. I haven't really been pinged by Golden any, so if he's still on about that everyone vote for him or JJJ thing I don't support that.

I agree with others who mentioned that Epi and Sorsha, among others, look a lot worse after yesterday. I'm feeling even stronger in my negative reads on both of them today.

I'll try to catch up and contribute as possible tomorrow. I'll be more available than I would've been on Sunday, in any case, even though that's not saying much

Linki: espers your post to JJJ reads super duper weird. You're aware he thinks she's town because there hasn't been resistance, right? And that he means he'd expect resistance if she were bad? Or are you saying you know she's town? Please explain.
I don't think some of you know what "Occam's Razor" means.

It doesn't mean "if you think or feel strongly about something, it's probably true." :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Soooo I am now 10 pages behind and limited to phone for the weekend since I'm in Boston. Just wanted to briefly say some things.

Yay new day!

I don't think some of you know what "Occam's Razor" means.

It doesn't mean "if you think or feel strongly about something, it's probably true." :suspish:
If you are an intelligent, rational person then it might as well.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Epi, right now my rainbow list has you as my strongest town read. That is just context for why I'm asking you specifically this question, it is not intended as flattery to get me the answer I want.

Of course it could be. It could be anything. It could be that, with a Mafia team of seven (!), its you and 3J on a team with LC, merrily gumming up the works so that, whichever one of you doesn't get lynched comes out of this thing looking clean as God's fingers, with only the serial killer's knife to worry about.

The way you went from "3J a damn foo" to "3J not a damn foo" to "3J tryna merk a bitch up in here" immediately after he merely said he had bad vibes from you...

The whole thing feels manufactured and over-the-top to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I literally just read game 35 on RYM because it was so entertaining. Sadly there are only three players from that game playing here, James, RDW and myself.

I must insist that you guys reminisce with me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Choutas wrote:Epi do you prefer sorsha or golden?
You vote seems to be on an improbable lynch(bea). I'm gonna switch my vote before the day is over. Will you?
I don't care for the slight "false dilemma" this post proposes, as it also sounds like an attempt to discourage me and others from pursuing a bea lynch. There's still about half a day left, I'm fully caught up, and I have some time to sift through bea and Long Con's posts. There's just more I want to look at. I may switch. I may not.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"that's a wonderful post. you're my hero."

:haha:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Why is 2012 JJJ on my screen, make him go away. :disappoint:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by reywaS »

I am very sorry for being absent from the game so far, guys. :( I'm a terrible, awful, shitty player that deserves to burn in mafia hell for missing the Day 2 vote. I won't promise to catch up fully today because I don't think I can keep that promise. I will try my best though.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

reywaS wrote:I am very sorry for being absent from the game so far, guys. :( I'm a terrible, awful, shitty player that deserves to burn in mafia hell for missing the Day 2 vote. I won't promise to catch up fully today because I don't think I can keep that promise. I will try my best though.
uhm
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Rey, you've already been forcibly replaced for your absence :(
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Switching my vote to Golden. This has gone on long enough. It doesn't mean I fell good about Sorsha. I don't care which one of them goes today.
Also doing this now because I'll be working on my house all day.

Peace
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”