[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: [NIGHT 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Roxy »

Answers in pink :)
Matt F wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snip Sorsha section>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Roxy -
Roxy wrote:I voted for you and am suspicious of you is a bit more than a No u. That characterization seems to try to make my suspicion into fluff which it is not.

You start out with your bogus claim that RBZ and I had btsc or communicated by PM and that my post saying "Keterman is RBZMNGHJ??" was fake - which if you had actually read the post from which you quoted this "suspicion" would have never happened. The fact that it did happen and that you pushed it (but not hard enough to vote for) is highly suspicious to me.
No, I was suspicious of you, and as you prove my point about NOU in the second paragraph here, you became suspicious of me because I was suspicious of you.

You never had a valid suspicion to begin with!!!!

Your initial suspicion was that I somehow knew RBZsndmjkx was Keterman and was PM'ing him or having BTSC with him to know he was Keterman. When in fact - YOU quoted a post of RBZdnkieo's and conveniently snipped the rest of the post that explained all of his names on other sites and how he played here before.

his original post - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p181675

Your snipped version of the same EXACT post - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 99#p181799

It's funny. You must not have read the thread, because I actually said "Maybe Rbz PM'd Roxy just to talk about old Piano days" and that was in defense of you guys NOT having btsc. It wasn't to prove a point that you did.

I do read the thread and will honestly say when I don't. I just proved that *you* do *not* read the thread like you claim to in your latest post to MacD. I know what you posted but it was still inferring illegal BTSC which I do not like the insinuation.
Roxy wrote:Then you move onto Teeth - which my vote was NOT based that you were the third voter moine was bc you had pushed me and RBZ then suddenly without so much as have an apple you jump on the Teeth wagon. With your bogus reasoning about the day 0 poll.

You keep saying that he ended the vote when he moved his vote is something I am not grasping please elaborate. Are you saying Teeth personally picked the winner of the Day 0 poll and told MP and Sloon to end the Day 0 bc he had chosen the winner? BC that is what it reads like.
You do realize Teeth was civ right?

When you made your sudden turn onto Teeth you slammed your suspicion down and voted without bothering to wait for a response, which is weird bc you said you did not want to vote for RBZ or me until hearing from him - so why does RBZ have a chance to respond but you give Teeth no window of opportunity to respond? Double standard much?
:sigh:

As Russ pointed out (btw Russ, I believe I answered why I voted for bwt at that particular time, but if you have any other questions, please let me know) Roxy, the Day 0 poll was fixed in such a way that the fifth vote would end the poll. So yes, BWT did pick one of the winners and ended the poll while also saying "Let's make this interesting :feb: "

I will say honestly I did not remember much from the rules of the Day 0 poll. I never put much stock into them as they have led to more civvie lynches than I would care to count. I stand corrected. But now we know he did not do this out of nefarious reasons and he was just being Crazy Teeth it spins this into a different light for me to you. I think it makes you look worse as so far your theory has led you to lynch a civvie.

Oh, and yeah, I do realize BWT was civvie. Snarky much?

Not snark - just my humor. Sorry if you took it as snark. :beer:

As for not giving BWT time to respond, I had hoped to get home in time from work that night to reevaluate my vote, but I didn't. When I had to leave for work, RBZ had yet to answer and Sorsha had yet to point out my mistake (while again, instead of you showing me my mistake, pulled a NOU)

CANNOT BE A NO U when there was never a VALID suspicion to begin with.
Roxy wrote:I see you keep harping on the Day 0 poll crap and tbh it has already led to a civ lynch are you really srsly going to keep going down your bogus path? So much else has happened yet you still hold onto your Day 0 suspicions like they are your last breath. I find it odd.

Yep I am this far behind I read some last night and fell asleep will be on it today.
This is false. False false false. My vote didn't "lead" into any lynch. If I remember correctly, the other people who voted for BWT were voting for him for COMPLETELY different reasons then why I did. Why are you making it seem like I lead the lynch on BWT and everyone followed my lead because of my super awesome ideas? If you are civvie, you need to stop making stuff up like that.

Its true. True true true. Your vote led you to a civvie lynch. I do not hold you personally accountable for everyone's vote just your own. I was just trying to pull your head out of Day 0 and back to the actual Days events where there was other stuff happening. Your Day 0 theory had already proven fruitless why continue with it?

Also, btw Roxy, between you and a few others who have "lectured" me on looking at Day 0 and thinking that gee golly there might be something there, I expect you all to not mention Day 0 for the rest of the game or you get a huge :eye: from me.

No worries there I usually never use Day 0 stuff. BC as I said earlier it usually leads to a civvie lynch.

As for who I'm voting, not sure. I still have about three hours, I think, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't commented on seaside, but considering my suspicions of Choutas, I had him marked as a "maybe mafia", but now it looks like a few people are having some kind of inside communication with seaside where they think he's definitely civvie.

I might vote for Eloh or Sorsha today. Not sure which, but leaning Eloh atm.

I could also be convinced to vote Dr Wilgy OR JJJ, if only because these two are the assistant CEO's, and yes, to my dying breath Roxy, I think one of these two are Mafia simply because they were voted for on Day 0.

Keep your dying breath and come up with an actual valid suspicion of me or hop off. You cannot keep calling what you said was a suspicion bc it never was valid. You even admit it.
Matt F wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:You suspecting my suspects and Matt F suspecting you makes this really hard, but it does make me feel like at least one of the three of you is lying.
Again, Russ, is there anything you'd like to ask me? I am not afraid of any questions as I have nothing to hide. Ask away.

Also, as with Roxy, I believe Sorsha only started suspecting me once I became suspicious of her and Eloh. In fact, I believe you are one of the few people to suspect me without NOU. And again, if you have any questions, ask away.

Linki JJJ - Thanks
Again it was never a no u bc your suspicious was baseless and proven completely false. You case was that you had not read the thread. It was proven. I showed it again up there ^^^^

So you can keep calling the fact that you did not read the thread as a suspicion on me - but hopefully others can see you never had one to begin with nor have you made any new points about me. You just keep saying I no u'ed your fake suspicion.
;)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

Since I'm already here, did Zebra answer where did he hear of supatowning before, since he used it several times in his posts? Is supatown/supatowning, in this form, used on RYM too or was it imported from our members over there?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MattF wrote:Currently Sorsha and Roxy are my top scum reads. Roxy, as well as Sorsha, completely NO U'd me after I showed suspicion on them, and they both have connections to Long Con, and they both called me out for daring to attempt a discussion on Day 0 events (they didn't want to, kind of like that scum player, oh what was his name? Oh yeah Long Con)

As for other players, I'll delve more into detail later. I want Sorsha lynched today.
FFS
Last time - get my name out of your mouth.

You never had a valid suspicion of me to begin with. It was based on the fact you did not read a post you snipped and quoted. What are you grasping onto?

I will vote you until I die or you - preferably you first. :P
;)
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Results:
Spoiler: show
I'll decide what I think of this later. I need to go to bed. Please let me know if I made any errors with your reads, I probably did somewhere.

Hopefully that image is sized correctly. Took forever.
How much later, exactly? While I value your analyses of the relationships with Long Con and the other players, it's interesting that you went from the game that you yourself suggested and hosted, straight to a different tactic as a new source for information-building when you returned to the thread, without even mentioning the game. Perhaps the results were a bit too informative?

linki @Rico: I don't remember where I first heard "supatowning". I've heard it tons of times and I've used it tons of times. This is not my first game of Mafia.

linki @Roxy: OMGUS galore. Both of you are town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Since I'm already here, did Zebra answer where did he hear of supatowning before, since he used it several times in his posts? Is supatown/supatowning, in this form, used on RYM too or was it imported from our members over there?
RYMers say "supertown" instead of "supatown".

Zebra used to play here though as "Keterman".
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Results:
I'll decide what I think of this later. I need to go to bed. Please let me know if I made any errors with your reads, I probably did somewhere.

Hopefully that image is sized correctly. Took forever.
How much later, exactly? While I value your analyses of the relationships with Long Con and the other players, it's interesting that you went from the game that you yourself suggested and hosted, straight to a different tactic as a new source for information-building when you returned to the thread, without even mentioning the game. Perhaps the results were a bit too informative?
I stated as we started the game that it was being played by a bunch of people I have town reads on plus one other player I'd already spoken with way too much (Golden). That definitely dampens my interest in the results -- I honestly only even bothered with it because you three wanted to do it. I would have greatly preferred more people take part (I asked for at least six when I brought up the idea). I think my current exercise is more useful right now.

I'll return to the gun to head reads later if I decide I give a crap.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Interesting.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Since I'm already here, did Zebra answer where did he hear of supatowning before, since he used it several times in his posts? Is supatown/supatowning, in this form, used on RYM too or was it imported from our members over there?
RYMers say "supertown" instead of "supatown".

Zebra used to play here though as "Keterman".
Yes, but supatown, as far as I'm aware at least, is specific (to the point of a running gag) to one player here. Adopted afterwards by the community, sure. Did he play with that player before, back when he played here, to remember such context or gag?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

No u suck RBZhxbcns :p

Idc what people think or do I can only say what I believe and what I am doing. I am not even going to try and pretend that I am caught up bc I ain't. I prob never will be this game. I am busy with my own game and rl work everyday.

linky yes Ricochet he was here long enough to play with llamaman :noble:
;)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I know llama from ProgArchives lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Diiny and Long Con:
Diiny wrote:Yeah, sorry about that sorsh. I also just now remembered I'd tell you how I felt about bird before I went to sleep so I'll divulge:

I do agree with Wilgy's idea that claiming to want to change up your playstyle post rolecard distribution is fishy. That combined with his timid non-stance on LC and his bea vote make him a lynch I'm certainly not regretful to be securing to save myself. I still don't feel as good about roxy as everyone else seems to, but I feel better now that people are telling me how on-meta she is. I'd like to be able to fully stow away my suspicions of her, but alas, her supposed on-meta-ness can only satiate my gut so much.

Brian's been a bit more inquisitive, and that post hboy posted out shows a bit more of a townie mindset. I also (as previously mentioned, I think) remembered a game where it took him a day phase to get his engine going and his townie brian aura glowing. Still won't be happy unless I see full townbrian soon, though. That's a warning :feb:
This is only indirectly relevant to LC, but I'll include it. Diiny justified his BWT vote in part based on BWT's "timid non-stance on LC". This is mildly interesting because if Diiny is LC's team mate, then he's done a nice job here of painting a false connection between BWT and LC based on the former's fence-sitting. However, this is made moot as soon as BWT is lynched -- and that happened by a solid margin. I'm inclined to call this null.
Diiny wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Hi,

what are your thoughts on the game so far outside of bea
I like this just a little bit. Diiny can be a demanding player on Day 1 (which is a very good thing), and he was visibly dissatisfied with LC's entry attack on bea. He prompted him for more diverse content immediately. Diiny has become one of the most meta-malleable players on RYM though and is capable of pulling some solid town tells as a bad guy. I'll give him a point or two for this, but I hesitate to shower him with praise.
Diiny wrote:Reading Seaside's big post I'm prepared to let him live for another day.

Part of me wants to lynch brian. I remembered that it's taken him a day or so to get started in the past, but I'm seeing nothing like town brian from him. Problem is I'm seeing nothing at all from him, and I don't know if lurking would be a scum strategy a player as capable and as potentially involved as brian would do. His response to the Sweden comment on JJJ pings me every time I read it, though, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to give him another day to get going when I'm getting scummy vibes from him.

I'll have a look at long con before the deadline, though, as well as a couple of others, but I don't remember him standing out to me

linki aokiji (did I use link right?) brian has said very similar things about his own meta (and claims that he played no different in his first scum game than in his other games and he was lynched entirely by luck in said game), so maybe in a post history full of at least a decent chunk of helpful posts I'd be less scared, but in a ph as scarce as his I'm not feeling too happy about them at all
This isn't my favorite sentence. In a vacuum it looks crummy, but I think there's potential for it to be okay if I can find posts after this point that show him critically assessing LC. We'll see.
Diiny wrote:Nope. I mean, that's what I do. The guy's my scummiest read atm, but I have to make sure the shit others have thrown on him is legit.

If I could choose who gets lynched, I'd vote wilgy. But I'll probably end up securing brian over long con. Just gonna finish reading over long con
I don't see signs of the critical assessment I was looking for. Diiny ended up pledging to vote Brian over LC, but actually finished the day with his vote on llama. This isn't a great look either -- he can't take as much ownership of legitimate supsicion of Brian if he doesn't actually vote for him, and this vote for llama came at a time when LC's tally manipulation could have still changed the result.
Long Con wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Hi,

what are your thoughts on the game so far outside of bea
Hmmm... well, there's been lots of activity since I went to bed last night. I just read through it all, what sticks out in my mind? The Roxy thing is funny to me (though I don't like her use of someone else's avatar because it confuses me). I feel a bit of a dissonance, Roxy is getting harassed for saying she was going to randomize, and at the same time people are saying that Random Voting on Day 1 is a sound strategy. :shrug: So which is it? I'm not a big fan of random voting myself, I'd rather read through and see what my gut says on Day 1 than throw a dart. Which is why I have a vote on bea.

I don't think it's that likely that JJJ, Epig and the other person all voted as baddies together. Too risky. The votes for JJJ and Wilgy seemed pretty natural to me, as I recall.

More opinions about Day 1 so far will have to wait until I look back over things again. I read through it once, but it hasn't all sunk in yet - it's a little harder for me to get a handle on things with all the players that are new to me, the new people kind of blend together.
LC answered Diiny's earlier demand for diversified content by dabbling in a bunch of little discussions that I'll probably remark on later for different people. I don't necessarily think this must be a conversation between team mates, because it doesn't look that different from LC's responses to my queries.
Long Con wrote:Here she defends Sorsha against Diiny's suspicion. Also defends Roxy. Continues that in her next post too... how "Rox and I" have "Civ reasons" for acting this way. How does bea know Rox has Civ reasons at all?
When I pressed LC to expand on his beefs with bea (before he pulled the "it's a ruse!!!" thing), this was one of his examples. He criticized bea for defending Sorsha against Diiny's suspicion. This is at least a way of prompoting a pro-Diiny attitude in the thread by supporting his scumhunting indirectly. I'm not convinced he actually intended for this to be a specific maneuver though, as it would have to be for Diiny to be his team mate.
Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That actually makes me a little wary of Diiny, who pointed out that they are just voting for BWT to save himself. But I do doubt that he'd be so blatant if he was that scum role now that I think about it.

:eye: Ok... so why did you write these two sentences at all?
LC beefing on Mac for a semi-waffly comment about Diiny. This could be an attempt to link Mac with Diiny, which only benefits LC if one of them is mafia. That's a bit elaborate I grant.

~~~

There are a number of small pings here, and collectively I think they leave Diiny in a problematic position. I am not inclined to think LC put him there on purpose, which would mean there's team mate potential.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I know llama from ProgArchives lol
Who are/were you on PA? Also Keterman?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Okay, back in it. Also this is the first time since the game started that I'm actually listening to Talking Heads. Like, IRL. Remain In Light at the moment. More Songs About Buildings and Food is next. Man, this band... Regrettably I always seem to forget how damn fuckin' cool they are. Even the overplayed hits like 'Once In a Lifetime' and 'Psycho Killer' are so good. Dang. Sorry, had to get RYM there for a second. Oh wait, what am I talking about. People don't praise music on RYM.

My thoughts on Seaside are the same, but with less potency. The 'Floyd Certainty Principle' still bugs me, over everything else. If Seasy didn't have much time to play, which is something I believe him on principle, his phrasing seems almost deliberately shady. 'Think what you will I guess.' being the prime factor. Part of me wants to think that there are dozens less shady ways to go about this. Maybe it was defeatist on Seaside's part, maybe it's his way of playing something valuable close to the chest.

I don't know. Maybe it was just part of his plan to get lynched.

Right now he supports the Sorsha lynch, and is voting for her. He makes no mention of her before the case on her started to gain momentum, though, which could read as a scumbuddy jumping on the bandwagon. Or it could be the result of real life preventing him from posting much, still.

On the RYM scale, with five stars being town and half-star being scum, I'd rate Seaside at ★★, bordering on ★★½. Because of his time-commitment variable, it's a bit of a tough case.

Alright, case incoming: I'm skipping thellama73 and going for the more pressing issue: Golden.
Literally just some fucking guy.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
CinemaZebra. This was back in 2010 and lasted less than a year because I didn't get along with the mods at the time very well.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Hey JJJ, those are wonderful posts. you're my heeeeerrooooooo.

(shit-eating grin)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

Choutas wrote:
Golden wrote:It's not even wifom.

Wifom is, like, 'if I was town... if i Was scum'.

There really isn't any wifom there.

I think people should take a serious look at those who are resisting lynching me. I think the real scum are running scared and sewing doubt about whether or not I should be lynched.
I swear on my wanking hand that after sorsha you're gonna bite the bullet in due time.
Why not just do it now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

BY THE WAY EVERYONE

You should take a really close notice of people who say they don't want to lynch me today, but they want to lynch me, like, next or something.

These are probably scum who are afraid of what I have up my sleeve for today.

Hey, scum... what I'm asking for is going to happen no matter when I get lynched. You better NK me instead if you want to avoid it :)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
Choutas wrote:

I think people should take a serious look at those who are resisting lynching me. I think the real scum are running scared and sewing doubt about whether or not I should be lynched.
I swear on my wanking hand that after sorsha you're gonna bite the bullet in due time.
Why not just do it now?
I know right?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
CinemaZebra. This was back in 2010 and lasted less than a year because I didn't get along with the mods at the time very well.
olol

I think I remember
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

omfg why did I never think of importing RYM rating stars so far in this game!!!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:Hey JJJ, those are wonderful posts. you're my heeeeerrooooooo.

(shit-eating grin)
:sigh:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:You better NK me instead if you want to avoid it :)
Wait, wait for the moment to come.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Wait a minute. Have you been lurking on RYM this whole time?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Strawhenge wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
That depends on how you define lurking.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between DrWilgy and Long Con:

Wilgy was not impressed by Long Con's gambit.

He continued his work here.

He and I mindmelded on this issue and I think that's a great look for him. He didn't have to tell everyone LC is full of crap here, particularly when the thread had veered into other territory. He literally told the thread to shut the hell up and pay attention to LC's bullcrap. It's not impossible team mate behavior, but it's not likely either and I think everything about his approach appears genuine.
Long Con wrote:I don't think it's that likely that JJJ, Epig and the other person all voted as baddies together. Too risky. The votes for JJJ and Wilgy seemed pretty natural to me, as I recall.
I think this is good for Wilgy and I don't give a shit if you think that's self-serving. :meany:
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Before any quotes, I'd like to point out an initial suspicion. It never sits right with me when someone claims that they will be changing and/or playing with a different style after role cards have already been distributed. This applies to Rico, and BWT. I'm not going to go back and try to quote the comment because I'm pretty sure it was Day 0. Rico stated that he'd be more zany and BWT followed suit, almost immediately after Rico. I do not recall BWT's reasoning for claiming a more zany (zanier? zaniest? are those actual words? they don't sit right with me.) and would like to hear about this. Also, someone correct me if my memory of Day 0 events are failing me.
I believe a factor of the "zaniness" is the ongoing contest with the prize going to the person who uses the most Talking Heads in their posts. Zanier and zaniest sit fine with me, as the comparative and superlative forms of 'zany'. :srsnod:
Meaningless null stuff about nothing.

~~~

I think DrWilgy looks super.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
lur • king v.: 1. not playing Mafia
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden, unless I'm missing something, you seem to have gone from not saying much on D1 about sig (a lynch contender) except that he seems like "stock lynch material", then nominate him as scum D3, but then read him as town in the GTH game. What's this flippy-floppy all about?

If it's not clear to anyone why I'm asking of sig, I'll say it now: after dropping his BS case on bea, LC voted sig. I haven't pulled yet the entire vote order, but it seemed an early vote and a potential lynch wagon or lynch, so I'm also investigating, for Day 1, the players who may have hummed to that tune or rather stayed away from it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Moving my vote to DEVIN THE OMNISCIENT. I think he's looked the worst so far in this exercise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@rico - there are people in my periphery who I've wavered about back and forth on based on their posts. Sig is one.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Elohcin and Long Con:

Elo did not mention LC before his death.

LC did not mention Elo.

~~~

She's played a quiet, detached game. If she is to be believed that's because she's been unable to keep the pace, and I have no difficulty buying that. If this affects my perspective of her at all it'd be a slightly negative effect, simply because total non-communication is usually not a good thing. Mostly null though in my opinion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:@rico - there are people in my periphery who I've wavered about back and forth on based on their posts. Sig is one.
Yes, but with no explanation. You know how I feel about no explanations.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden, I encourage you to review my interactive analyses and share your thoughts if time permits -- not for read on me, I think that ship has sailed. I just want to know where you might disagree. This is my legacy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Strawhenge wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
lur • king v.: 1. not playing Mafia
I hardly ever visited the RYM forums at all until I decided to back off from the CinemaZebra name and started using the Keterman/vvlll account, and at that point I had kind of gotten out of touch with everyone who knew me by Zebra. Then I started playing Mafia on RYM and I invited Alex/MP to play in the De Niro game I hosted; since then (during yet another absence from me) it seems that the two primary communities of my internet past have collided beautifully, which adds to my love for this particular game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Voting Russ for now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tfw you open up JJJ's page with in-game posts and it's 7 pages

on day 3
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:tfw you open up JJJ's page with in-game posts and it's 7 pages

on day 3
"Hey guys, I might not be able to participate as much in this game because..." :rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote: I hardly ever visited the RYM forums at all until I decided to back off from the CinemaZebra name and started using the Keterman/vvlll account, and at that point I had kind of gotten out of touch with everyone who knew me by Zebra. Then I started playing Mafia on RYM and I invited Alex/MP to play in the De Niro game I hosted; since then (during yet another absence from me) it seems that the two primary communities of my internet past have collided beautifully, which adds to my love for this particular game.
Indeed, I actually found out about RYM Mafia back in 2014 thanks to Keterman/Zebra. I had used RYM as a resource, much like ProgArchives (PA), for years in order to discover new music. Unlike PA, I never ventured over to the forums.

When Keterman told me about his game, I was excited to try out a new mafia community. I was too busy to play more than a game or so (had to replace out of my second, I believe), but the community made a good impression on me. They were all very friendly to me (except rdw, who was friendly but tried to get me to slip up in-game :P) and seemed very enthusiastic about mafia.

Fast forward almost a year later (earlier this year) and Thingyman came around these parts introducing the Mafia Championship, which likely wouldn't have happened if Roxy hadn't run into him and contacted him at a different mafia site (big thanks to her for that!). I saw RYM Mafia on Thingy's list of participating sites and knew I had to go back.

During 2015, I've played a few more games over there and others from The Syndicate have as well (Golden and Metalmarsh most notably, but also fingersplints, FZ., and Turnip Head). As some of you likely know, before this game we've had RYMers play over here as well (Jay and Sloonei, and a few folks for the Economics game -- aether, sanmateo). All of this was in an informal fashion, so I was really excited to finally get an official crossover game going between both sites.

I just want to give a shout out to all of you playing and spectating this game -- and especially two RYMers, JJJ and Sloonei, who did everything they could to help me make this game happen. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

on day 3
"Hey guys, I might not be able to participate as much in this game because..." :rolleyes:
That's what I always say too. :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between Epignosis and Long Con:
Epignosis wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:1. I see sig as town and an easy mark, so bird switching from Bea to sig as he did looked suspicious
2. Long Con claimed to set up some kind of trap for people voting for Bea; while bird's reasons for voting for Bea were a little distinct, I wouldn't say completely so
3. Bird's lack of read on Long Con raised flags of avoidance, as does Long Con quickly dismissing his trap and bird's vote; thus I think there is something to learn from a lynch of one of the two regardless
4. This/reason from bcornett24 was a really good point imo
5. Or just read this quote pyramid, I agree with pretty much everything Sorsha is saying there
I think this is a solid post explaining HB's vote (although I don't agree on some of his points).
Epi supported Burger's rationale for considering a vote between LC and BWT despite a few disagreements. Epi, could you specify which points Burger made that you disagreed with at this point?
Epignosis wrote:
motel room wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

This is starting to look cliquish. :suspish:
Commentary. "cliquish" isnt game related. Is it a bad lynch?
I don't like it, so I'd say yes, it's a bad lynch. You catch a Long Con through petty things he does that he himself isn't aware that he's doing, not through calling him out Day 1 by pretending to set up bea to garner reactions.

Another stupid lynch, I say.
This is a loud, staunch defense of LC when RYMers were piling pressure on him. This has drawn the ire of many people and I can understand why, but I am given pause. I've never seen a mafia Epi yet but I don't doubt he's capable of total WIFOM like this would have to be. Still, to inherently assume it must be total WIFOM is by default a jump in logic. His language appears genuine to me in this post, particularly that which I've highlighted. I could see myself adopting this perspective given the right circumstances.
Long Con wrote:I don't think it's that likely that JJJ, Epig and the other person all voted as baddies together. Too risky.
He spoke the truth about me at least. That doesn't have to mean it's the same for Epi though, so I'm going with null on this comment.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Quiet Epi is never a good thing."

Well now let's see.

Raise your hand if loud Epi ever railroaded you when you were a civilian and got your ass lynched.

Raise your hand if you wished loud Epi would have shutted up the fuck.

I thought so.

I don't see why me being quiet is "never a good thing." :suspish:
*raises hand* :sigh:

You make a good point. I wanna know exactly what "quiet Epi is never a good thing" really means to FZ. I want to know why she said it exactly, a ideally with some reference points where he was a quiet baddie and it was not a good thing... or something. You know.
I like this for Epi. It looks like this to me:

Epi, you made a great point against that other townie you're talking to, I'll join your fight please be my friend bb

Remind me to return to this when I do FZ's analysis.
Long Con wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I'm sincerely sorry for offending you, my tendency to start drama unintentionally is another one of the reasons I've continued to avoid mafia and online communities in general, starting over with a new name after new name again and again.

You don't have to worry about drama with Long Con. If I say you offended me, it is merely in game-context, and it doesn't mean I'm really upset. I can get incredibly frustrated with a player in-game - Epignosis and Cobalt come to mind - but when I think about either of those dudes I just smile and shake my head and say "I love that guy!" There's times I would have strangled Epi, but I'm also honoured that he asked me to co-host his upcoming Arkham game. So don't stress about me, I still hope to have a long Mafia friendship with you and all the RYM folks. :grin:
One might assert that this also fits the "LC buddies Epi" agenda. I feel a bit dirty saying so though, because I am sure at least part of LC was being genuine in this post.

~~~

I'd gun-to-head read Epi as bad, but this review has given me pause. I think he looks pretty solid.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Whoops, I realize my past few posts should have been in OT green. :flamed:
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Golden wrote:
Choutas wrote:

Why not just do it now?
alas no double lynches allowed.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote: I hardly ever visited the RYM forums at all until I decided to back off from the CinemaZebra name and started using the Keterman/vvlll account, and at that point I had kind of gotten out of touch with everyone who knew me by Zebra. Then I started playing Mafia on RYM and I invited Alex/MP to play in the De Niro game I hosted; since then (during yet another absence from me) it seems that the two primary communities of my internet past have collided beautifully, which adds to my love for this particular game.
Indeed, I actually found out about RYM Mafia back in 2014 thanks to Keterman/Zebra. I had used RYM as a resource, much like ProgArchives (PA), for years in order to discover new music. Unlike PA, I never ventured over to the forums.

When Keterman told me about his game, I was excited to try out a new mafia community. I was too busy to play more than a game or so (had to replace out of my second, I believe), but the community made a good impression on me. They were all very friendly to me (except rdw, who was friendly but tried to get me to slip up in-game :P) and seemed very enthusiastic about mafia.

Fast forward almost a year later (earlier this year) and Thingyman came around these parts introducing the Mafia Championship, which likely wouldn't have happened if Roxy hadn't run into him and contacted him at a different mafia site (big thanks to her for that!). I saw RYM Mafia on Thingy's list of participating sites and knew I had to go back.

During 2015, I've played a few more games over there and others from The Syndicate have as well (Golden and Metalmarsh most notably, but also fingersplints, FZ., and Turnip Head). As some of you likely know, before this game we've had RYMers play over here as well (Jay and Sloonei, and a few folks for the Economics game -- aether, sanmateo). All of this was in an informal fashion, so I was really excited to finally get an official crossover game going between both sites.

I just want to give a shout out to all of you playing and spectating this game -- and especially two RYMers, JJJ and Sloonei, who did everything they could to help me make this game happen. :D
Have Sloonei told you about the biggest mistake on rym mafia history? He fudged a lynch as a mod and he killed me stopping the game and calling it a draw. After that we've been sword enemies.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

If The Great Curve is out there reading this, I suggest they use their one-time power today.

Also, I think someone claimed he was a terrorist, claimed to avert a catastrophe.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

on day 3
Yeah what's with that. Is Sweden that lame or you're obsessed with mafia?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Choutas wrote: Have Sloonei told you about the biggest mistake on rym mafia history? He fudged a lynch as a mod and he killed me stopping the game and calling it a draw. After that we've been sword enemies.
I have not been informed of this! :mafia:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Yeah I think FZ has raised a decent point about Russ, and I can't see any other explanations, so I will be *Voting Russti*
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Relationship between espers and Long Con:
espers wrote:hello. voted aokiji/motel room and Long Con.
I've stated repeatedly that I don't care very much about Dusk 0 votes, but I'll give this one the time of day. espers did now know LC at all entering this game, so I'm curious why he saw fit to vote for him. Whaddya got for me, espers?
espers wrote:
espers wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
i'd like to see this answered soon tbh. if it's not totally clear: you mentioned "two that are the most likely to actually be lynched", and implied they weren't good choices. one is obviously brian. who is the other leading lynch candidate you're talking about?
espers was the one to notice The Paradox (credit to Zebra). That he was the only one to catch this (to my knowledge) might imply that he was more conscious of LC's place in the tally and in Zebra's commentary than the average bear -- something that would suit his team mates. Might be a stretch, but it's in my head so there you go.
espers wrote:llama's question about the bea/long con thing struck me as loaded, possibly misdirective without making a real stance, as i alluded to here

golden called llama on-meta in one of his readthrough posts, i asked about this, saying i didn't consider him so. he (golden) didn't respond but it was in a multiquote so that's not too alarming. i stand by my earlier meta judgement of llama though, i've seen nothing to diminish it.

voting thellama73
Indirect LC relevance. espers was critical of llama for his take on bea's response to LC's accusation. Golden asserted llama was on-meta, and espers defied this notion -- something that is surprising given that they'd only played in the same game once before and even that was quite brief.

Long Con made no mention of espers. This is a little interesting given that LC had a significant place in espers' post history. That it never became any manner of exchange is not what I'd have anticipated.

~~~

Little pings for espers. He emerges looking slightly worse to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Relationship between Epignosis and Long Con:
Epignosis wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:1. I see sig as town and an easy mark, so bird switching from Bea to sig as he did looked suspicious
2. Long Con claimed to set up some kind of trap for people voting for Bea; while bird's reasons for voting for Bea were a little distinct, I wouldn't say completely so
3. Bird's lack of read on Long Con raised flags of avoidance, as does Long Con quickly dismissing his trap and bird's vote; thus I think there is something to learn from a lynch of one of the two regardless
4. This/reason from bcornett24 was a really good point imo
5. Or just read this quote pyramid, I agree with pretty much everything Sorsha is saying there
I think this is a solid post explaining HB's vote (although I don't agree on some of his points).
Epi supported Burger's rationale for considering a vote between LC and BWT despite a few disagreements. Epi, could you specify which points Burger made that you disagreed with at this point?
Mainly 1 and 3. With changeable votes, a pinball bwt didn't strike me as bad, and with this many people, a "lack of read" on Long Con shouldn't have been a big deal. It was Day 1, after all.

In retrospect, with Hamburger Boy killed by the serial killer, and his siding with a bwt lynch instead of a Long Con lynch to learn something...mafia might be down two people by now.

One can hope. :nicenod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote:Yeah I think FZ has raised a decent point about Russ, and I can't see any other explanations, so I will be *Voting Russti*
Whaddya think of my reviews of Diiny and Devin, which returned a number of pings for me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by thellama73 »

I will be gone most of the evening, and I sure don't think it's Golden. Russ is a much better choice.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”