[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

I buy that Macdougall was "offered a job", but if that is true, that does not imply that he won the challenge provied. Heck, Sorsha was supposed to pick a winner Night 4, but she was dead. Could she even pick a winner?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matt F wrote:No MM, I wasn't lynched, not sure what you're getting at?

Again, it could be a coincidence that he made that poster about me, but I truly believe he was a part of the challenge, and IF he was a part of the challenge, then he definitely won because the other challenger DID NOT win.

Cue to the SK getting two NK's and bada boom...
How do we know the "other" challenger did not win? How do we know some other player (from the Syndicate) did not perform their job better, and is the SK?
I'm not completely sure, I just have a really good feeling that the other challenger didn't win.

Yeah, not sure, but let's lynch Mac and see if I'm wrong.
I'm not opposed to that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I buy that Macdougall was "offered a job", but if that is true, that does not imply that he won the challenge provied. Heck, Sorsha was supposed to pick a winner Night 4, but she was dead. Could she even pick a winner?
Good question.

HOSTS - Was Sorsha able to pick a winner from her two candidates on Day 4 considering she also died Day 4?

If you believe he was offered the job, then let me be very clear, whoever else was offered a job did not win. I dunno how I know that, but my spidey senses are tingling dude. TINGLING!!
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt F wrote:HOSTS - Was Sorsha able to pick a winner from her two candidates on Day 4 considering she also died Day 4?
Good question. :feb:

What does the role say? :shrug:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:
Matt F wrote:Linki - Dr Wilgy, you might've missed my post. Do I owe you a thank you?
Sorry. I saw, but forgot to respond. I believe there's someone else to thank. I'm just DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor.
Well thanks for the checkup, doc. I believe the fungus is dissolving.
Image Image Image Image
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Matt F wrote:If Mac was involved in the challenge, then he's definitely the SK, because Mac's (or whoever the SK is) challenger definitely DID NOT win the Day 4 challenge.

Ya all can do what you wish, but I'm tellin' ya, he's the SK and I think we should lynch him.
So you're saying that Sorsha, Found a Job, targeted Mac and someone else last night. The challenge was something related to "posters" or "memes." So the SK must've been targeted by Sorsha and won the challenge. The poster Mac made stood out to you as a likely challenge. That sounds pretty logical, actually.

Epi, civilian Ninja (if I understand it correctly) is extremely different from a 3rd party Serial Killer. The SK's only concern is reducing numbers and self-preservation, it doesn't bother with allegiance. The civilian Ninja has to win with town, so automatically they should be cautious when killing someone.

I lack "fall backs" this game, Wilgy? Plan B's, of sorts?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also Matt F.

Girlfriend Is Better – Because of its hypnotizing, persuasive big suit, it cannot be lynched. However, if it is targeted at night with a power, it has a 50% chance of affecting another randomly selected civilian as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Hey Matt,

Just because your spidey senses are tingling doesn't mean you're right. You're actually tragically hilariously wrong.
Matt F wrote:Also, this doesn't mean much, but...

Sorsha's been actively looking at this thread for about twenty minutes now.

So either 1 of 2 things...

1) She's super excited that I was able to figure this out, therefore even in death, she's able to help the town.

or

2) She's having a ball watching me completely get this wrong, and just shaking her head the whole time in fits of laughter.

I personally think it's 1.
It's 2. I assure you it's 2. :haha:

I'm gonna go back to lurking at any rate. So lynch me if you wish.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RadicalFuzz wrote:
Matt F wrote:If Mac was involved in the challenge, then he's definitely the SK, because Mac's (or whoever the SK is) challenger definitely DID NOT win the Day 4 challenge.

Ya all can do what you wish, but I'm tellin' ya, he's the SK and I think we should lynch him.
So you're saying that Sorsha, Found a Job, targeted Mac and someone else last night. The challenge was something related to "posters" or "memes." So the SK must've been targeted by Sorsha and won the challenge. The poster Mac made stood out to you as a likely challenge. That sounds pretty logical, actually.
It's all a little bit too likely isn't it. Almost like it was a plan all along by the actual serial killer. :haha:

Okay, back to lurking. I trust you idiots will make the right decision.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:

It's all a little bit too likely isn't it. Almost like it was a plan all along by the actual serial killer. :haha:

You can't be the serial killer if you're mafia right?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also Matt F.

Girlfriend Is Better – Because of its hypnotizing, persuasive big suit, it cannot be lynched. However, if it is targeted at night with a power, it has a 50% chance of affecting another randomly selected civilian as well.
Golden wasn't "Girlfriend Is Better", he was assumed to be "Uh oh" (ummm am I allowed to say "assumed", hosts? Gosh I hope I don't get insanified).

Since Golden was the first person killed by the SK in the story post, you would assume that he was the first person targetted by the SK.

Therefore, that theory isn't likely, IMO.

Linki - Did you notice me italicize the word "job" and is that why the very next post, you flipped your script on me being Mafia, Mac?

Linki - Lurk away, my friend, but I think you should defend yourself if I'm wrong. Why did you decide to make a poster asking for my lynch? Just for funsies?
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's not possible but we'll need the mod to confirm because lol.

MP, Sloonei can the mafia also be the serial killer?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:

Golden wasn't "Girlfriend Is Better", he was assumed to be "Uh oh" (ummm am I allowed to say "assumed", hosts? Gosh I hope I don't get insanified).

Since Golden was the first person killed by the SK in the story post, you would assume that he was the first person targetted by the SK.

Linki - Did you notice me italicize the word "job" and is that why the very next post, you flipped your script on me being Mafia, Mac?

Linki - Lurk away, my friend, but I think you should defend yourself if I'm wrong. Why did you decide to make a poster asking for my lynch? Just for funsies?
Yes it was entirely for funsies. I am a digital marketing person and photoshop is open on my computer at all times. It took me about 5 minutes.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

That's a good point MM. There's also something to keep in mind about several roles, there are secret clauses. We don't know every detail of the Psycho Killer's role, and while improbable, I don't think it impossible that there exists some way of "double killing" on a given night.

Mac, the phrase "I trust you idiots will make the right decision" would imply that you think we're right, but unintelligent. If you're going to take this in a joking manner the least you could do is not contradict yourself.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:

No I didn't notice you italicise the word job either. I was too busy teasing the shit out of you to actually read your posts.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:

He was assumed to be one role, so he definitely wasn't another role. :confused:

Anyway, I don't know why he was assumed to be "Uh Oh, Spaghettios", but maybe you can point to something in the thread?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RadicalFuzz wrote:That's a good point MM. There's also something to keep in mind about several roles, there are secret clauses. We don't know every detail of the Psycho Killer's role, and while improbable, I don't think it impossible that there exists some way of "double killing" on a given night.

Mac, the phrase "I trust you idiots will make the right decision" would imply that you think we're right, but unintelligent. If you're going to take this in a joking manner the least you could do is not contradict yourself.
No, I wasn't contradicting myself. I was just calling you all idiots for amusement reasons.

I might make a big post before the end of the day giving a reason why each player in this game is an idiot. Would that be fun?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's not possible but we'll need the mod to confirm because lol.

MP, Sloonei can the mafia also be the serial killer?
lol

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So here's a strange theory...

The kill that didn't work wasn't actually performed by Psycho Killer but by the vig who has a 50% chance of missing and it was just made to look like Psycho Killer because of some other role?

Seems legit. No need to thank me fellow townies.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:That's a good point MM. There's also something to keep in mind about several roles, there are secret clauses. We don't know every detail of the Psycho Killer's role, and while improbable, I don't think it impossible that there exists some way of "double killing" on a given night.

No, I wasn't contradicting myself. I was just calling you all idiots for amusement reasons.

I might make a big post before the end of the day giving a reason why each player in this game is an idiot. Would that be fun?
I'll pass. I'm already well-versed on how much of an idiot I am when I'm playing mafia. :derp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:So here's a strange theory...

The kill that didn't work wasn't actually performed by Psycho Killer but by the vig who has a 50% chance of missing and it was just made to look like Psycho Killer because of some other role?

Some other role = what?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:He was assumed to be one role, so he definitely wasn't another role. :confused:

Anyway, I don't know why he was assumed to be "Uh Oh, Spaghettios", but maybe you can point to something in the thread?
Listen, I know in one of your posts, you said something about how you can't be bothered to read the whole thread (if you want me to pull that quote for you, I will), but I'm not going to hold your hand because you're not paying attention.

Several days ago, Golden played his gambit in the lynching of Bea, and from there, we've all been able to discern what Golden's role was. He was even insanified by the Host because he was talking about his own role too much.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Alright peeps, I gotta go but I'll certainly be back later (yay!)

Metalmarsh - I'm real sorry, dude, I'm just super excited by finding the SK (I'm pretty sure of it), so sorry for being a dick with that last response. :hug:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F you should be mod killed for sucking at Mafia. When I flip your penis will shrivel up inside you from embarrassment and it will never come out again.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:So here's a strange theory...

Some other role = what?
I dunno. I'm sure in this crazy game someone has that ability. Let me see.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

MacDougall wrote:No, I wasn't contradicting myself. I was just calling you all idiots for amusement reasons.

I can't speak for anyone else, but go ahead and publicly mock me.

MM, counting roles that have secrets it could be a few. Animals, Houses In Motion, Love For Sale, No Compassion, and the Psycho Killer himself. Is talking about a dead player as if they had a specific role against the rules here? If Golden was forced to gibberish for a phase I'd rather not take the risk until I know for sure.

Where has Ricochet run off to, I wonder?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have a better theory for there being two kills.

SK targeted this character. It affected another random civ but one of them survived due to the fact that this role;

This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) – Can protect one or two players from nightkills each night; if protecting two players, both players must be from the same forum. If it protects two players, then the subsequent night it can only protect one player from the same forum or two players from the opposite forum. It may choose to protect itself, but once it does so, all further protections have a 50% chance of failure.

Protected them.

Yes, my theory is a thousand times more likely than Matt's insane dumb shit.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:He was assumed to be one role, so he definitely wasn't another role. :confused:

Listen, I know in one of your posts, you said something about how you can't be bothered to read the whole thread (if you want me to pull that quote for you, I will), but I'm not going to hold your hand because you're not paying attention.

Several days ago, Golden played his gambit in the lynching of Bea, and from there, we've all been able to discern what Golden's role was. He was even insanified by the Host because he was talking about his own role too much.
Good to know, thanks.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Check mate MattF. Are you still going to assume that your silly little idea holds water in light of my irrefutable and about ten thousand times more likely suggestion?

Go pick on more noobs you lightweight.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:Alright peeps, I gotta go but I'll certainly be back later (yay!)

Metalmarsh - I'm real sorry, dude, I'm just super excited by finding the SK (I'm pretty sure of it), so sorry for being a dick with that last response. :hug:
Haha, no worries. I know I said I would read everything that I missed out on while I was gone. However, I know if I take the time to read everything at once, I definitely won't be able to process most of it, and I probably will have less motivation to participate.
MacDougall wrote:I have a better theory for there being two kills.

SK targeted this character. It affected another random civ but one of them survived due to the fact that this role;

This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) – Can protect one or two players from nightkills each night; if protecting two players, both players must be from the same forum. If it protects two players, then the subsequent night it can only protect one player from the same forum or two players from the opposite forum. It may choose to protect itself, but once it does so, all further protections have a 50% chance of failure.

Protected them.

:haha:

Matt's theory was good, there was just one hole that we could thankfully see.

Your theory is good too. I didn't bother looking at why the second player survived, because I know there are at least a handful of roles that could have an impact there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Matt F wrote:Alright peeps, I gotta go but I'll certainly be back later (yay!)

Haha, no worries. I know I said I would read everything that I missed out on while I was gone. However, I know if I take the time to read everything at once, I definitely won't be able to process most of it, and I probably will have less motivation to participate.
MacDougall wrote:I have a better theory for there being two kills.

Protected them.

Matt's theory was good, there was just one hole that we could thankfully see.

Your theory is good too. I didn't bother looking at why the second player survived, because I know there are at least a handful of roles that could have an impact there.
My theory is no theory. It is what you refer to as explanation.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Theory ==> suggestion ==> explanation ==> _____

What comes next Macdougal? You got it figured out? You got it figured out?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Theory ==> suggestion ==> explanation ==> _____

What comes next Macdougal? You got it figured out? You got it figured out?
MacDougall being the last townie standing while a whole bunch of dumb shits fall by the wayside due to playing like idiots is what comes next.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's actually the least of my worries.
SockFace wrote:8. If your faction wins, you win, regardless of whether you are dead or alive at endgame. Do your best! Fight for your faction's win condition. Players who fail to meet participation criteria will be denied a win.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah fair enough.

Okay now that I have made my point about MattF being terrible, I will go back to not giving a shit.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Wait, can I even win this game?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MattF is currently stewing in his bedroom concocting some convoluted bullshit theory to justify his tunneling. Give up guy. I'm not scum, I'm not the SK.

All you other jerkwads who have taken the opportunity to jump onboard his idea without even objecting or trying to see an alternative are confirmed scum.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

If you're going to be an ass then I'll let you deal with your situation. You've convinced me, so you're doing swimmingly so far. Best of luck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RadicalFuzz wrote:If you're going to be an ass then I'll let you deal with your situation. You've convinced me, so you're doing swimmingly so far. Best of luck.

Convinced you of what?

Okay fine I will stop being hostile. I'm sorry.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Wait, can I even win this game?
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

You know what I realized? I've never been right. Ever. Thirty-some games, never been right. God dang.

Who are we voting for? Why's Mac bad suddenly?

Has anybody cased me? Any questions? Am I dead?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Ya know what, fuggit, I'm voting Metalmarsh89 until he says some things with words.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

haven't slept in almost 30 hours. gotta go 9 more

i've seen god
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:MattF is currently stewing in his bedroom concocting some convoluted bullshit theory to justify his tunneling. Give up guy. I'm not scum, I'm not the SK.
This had me rolling, for real. Haha!

Anyway, your theory on "Girlfriend Is Better" doesn't work, IMO.

In the Night 4 post, MP posted...
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Night 4 has ended.

Golden has been killed by Psycho Killer.
????? has survived a kill attempt by Psycho Killer.

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
If the SK targetted "Girlfriend Is Better", then I believe MP would've listed "?????" BEFORE Golden in the Night post. Because in the Night Post it shows Golden getting killed BEFORE "?????" survived the NK attempt, I fully believe that Golden was the first target.

And if Golden was the first target, then your "Girlfriend Is Better" theory doesn't work.

If any player in this game has hosted a game with MP, do you know if MP lists kills in the order they come to him in his night posts? Or even if you haven't co-hosted with MP, do you know if that's how he hosts?
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Metalmarsh89
JaggedJimmyJay
espers
sig
fingersplints
Ricochet
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Argh!! I have to leave again, effing drama, but in case MacD starts talking about my penis again, no worries, I'll be back tonight!
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Brian, I see your name down there. What are your thoughts? Give me your thoughts.

Sorsha I'm sorry. I'm literally not a good mafia player and I contributed to your lynch. ;_;
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wait. I missed penis drama?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw before I go, I see Sorsha is watching the thread again.

I could definitely see her watching it just to laugh at a possible mistake I'm making here, but I believe her continued interest in the thread sways my way on this one.
Image Image Image Image
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

My vote is for Matt F due to speculation around me and quite questionable posts.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

TheFloyd73 wrote:quite questionable posts.
Which ones?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”