[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Just watched Gattaca, looks like it tried so hard to be Brave New World.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

I must say I am increasingly suspicious of Black Rock, and I'll tell you why.

Her husband got lynched and was bad, yet she's missing votes and coming in here talking about Roxy being the serial killer. She lives with LC. She has heard him speak in real life all the time, knows his tone, has witnessed his ruses, and should have a solidi(ish) view of what he would do or would not. I'm just seeing no effort on that front, and if Black Rock is civilian, then I think her involvement would be more valuable than it is.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

When did Black Rock sub into the game? Was it before or after LC was lynched?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry I would check but I'm covert posting at work.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Epi, do you genuinely think the case I have against you makes me an idiot? Because I'm quite sure it's well reasoned and thought out and I'm sure most would agree. If this was a case on someone else would you still think it was a stupid case based on nothing?

Let me give you the cliffs again;

1. Abnormal interest in the existence of the role, especially in suggesting we should not focus on it
2. Had a huge running battle with a player deceased at the hands of the serial killer
3. Playing abnormal to your meta
4. Entertaining the idea that a case that has <1% likeliness of being true due to basic role mechanics is actually a possible case against a different SK candidate

So please, tell me how my case is bad? I accept you will say it's wrong whether or not it is, but how exactly is it bad? I don't think you can really find a better case against a rogue in a game this size.
I never called you an idiot. That's your gig.
I suppose sarcastically retorting to me suggesting you are the SK with "and this is coming from the person calling people idiots" is supposed to mean that you think I'm not one.
No, I don't think you're an idiot. I think you are caught and overreacting.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Matt F wrote:To any Syndicateer who has hosted a Mafia game...

If you had a role like Sorsha's in the game, Sorsha picks two players to play her contest on Night 3, Sorsha dies on Day 4.

Would YOU as host allow Sorsha to pick a winner from the power she used Night 3?

I'm just curious to what the over all consensus is. If the majority says "NO", again, after today, I will stop voting for Mac for being the SK
Yes. It's not a new action. It is the continuation of an action already in motion.

The role, as written, is ambiguous in this regard. The possibility is thus not impossible.
The role is not ambiguous in its three-step phases.

The cut-off due to the player getting killed mid-phase makes it interpretable.

If you say the awarding is a "continuation of an action already in motion", you still have no player anymore to "continue" it with. Dead players should still not be allowed to influence the game any further.
Then we don't agree on that.
I guess so.

I'll try a different angle.

If the role would allow you to leave "instructions" on how that action should happen until completion, then yes, it could be a leeway for post-mortem effects.

But Sorsha had no way to leave instructions on who to win the challenge, because:

a) of the time-frame in which the role was meant to decide the winner (Night, which she never reached)
b) of the impossibility of deciding a winner before the actual contest happened/ended (ending which was technically at the end of the Day, when she also died, so see point a) )

So in this case, I'd still say no.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

Responses to things JJJ has said:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:So JJJ, for you, where does Mac's content today weigh in, in comparison to what you discussed in this quote? Has it changed your opinion, and if so to what degree?

JJJ how was your Sweden trip, by the way?
I haven't reviewed his newest content in depth yet, but on the surface I really haven't been bothered. Mac is a very capable anti-town player (one of the best on RYM if you ask me), and he entered this stage of the game generally being trusted by most people. I think he is probably goofing around for the sake of reactions and entertaining himself, something that is not unbelievable in terms of meta. When time permits I'll check more closely into his recent play.

My immediate assumption is that he is being misread by people who either don't know how he acts or are off-put by his treatment of them specifically.

Sweden was super cool thanks! So many attractive women, I couldn't turn a corner without falling in love. :faint:
I know, right?!?

(P.S. I've got a girlfriend, who's Swedish (than that?). So I might be biased.

On the Mac thing, I don't know where I stand anymore. At the end of Day 4 and beginning of last night I thought he looked the baddest of the bad. You sticking up for him gives me major pause, though. I don't buy Matt's theory at all, and the content Mac posted during the exchange makes me less suspicious of him. However, Choutas does have a point that he seemed real flustered by it. He was definitely chaos posting, but I can't tell whether it was for fun or a smokescreen to hide baddie frustration. And all of this after I had a strong civ read on him going into yesterday. I'd say at this point my logical side says probably civ for Mac, but my gut is churning and would say bad.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:yeah, this isn't informed but I don't want to get penalised. Golden because he's obviously scum guys
Diiny, you're a demanding townie. You expect things out of people and try to get things from them when at first they don't supply them. This voting methodology is so... timid. Even if you hadn't managed to catch up with the entire game, you have had plenty of time as an active contributor to get some kind of feeling at least on Devin and Sorsha. You failed to place a relevant vote in a very important spot and that I really don't think town Diiny lets that happen.
I don't know Diiny, but I agree that this was weak. Even if it did hilariously remind me of Marshawn Lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
espers wrote:voting sorsha

don't like some of the later votes on the devin wagon and straw's sorsha case was pretty compelling /piggybacking

no slight against the ppl defending sorsha, but you were wrong about lc, why should we believe you now?
At least one of the people defending Sorsha was also anti-LC (hi), and I think it was probably more than just me. espers this post is pretty bad, what is the purpose of this vague attempt at casting doubt upon all of these people for something that isn't even accurate?
To be fair, the few times espers has posted he's been throwing shade at me, and I'm in that group. Not really sure why.

Linki: Epi, are you saying you think a civvie BR would be able to piece together who a baddie LC's teammates were based on reading his posts and interacting with him irl?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Bullzeye wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have no interest in lynching Matt F. I am inclined to think he is incorrect about Mac, but I don't think he has malicious intent.
Same. Matt practically always comes out with the most ridiculous conspiracies and follows them until his dying breath, but it doesn't make him bad. If anything I think he does it more when he's a civ.
Reposting this because I meant to include it in my "Responses to JJJ" post.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If you had a role like Sorsha's in the game, Sorsha picks two players to play her contest on Night 3, Sorsha dies on Day 4.

Would YOU as host allow Sorsha to pick a winner from the power she used Night 3?

I'm just curious to what the over all consensus is. If the majority says "NO", again, after today, I will stop voting for Mac for being the SK
Yes. It's not a new action. It is the continuation of an action already in motion.

The role, as written, is ambiguous in this regard. The possibility is thus not impossible.

If you say the awarding is a "continuation of an action already in motion", you still have no player anymore to "continue" it with. Dead players should still not be allowed to influence the game any further.
I guess so.

If the role would allow you to leave "instructions" on how that action should happen until completion, then yes, it could be a leeway for post-mortem effects.

But Sorsha had no way to leave instructions on who to win the challenge, because:

a) of the time-frame in which the role was meant to decide the winner (Night, which she never reached)
b) of the impossibility of deciding a winner before the actual contest happened/ended (ending which was technically at the end of the Day, when she also died, so see point a) )

It doesn't say she has to be alive to make her decision. That's why the idea is still valid given the information we have.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Epi, do you genuinely think the case I have against you makes me an idiot? Because I'm quite sure it's well reasoned and thought out and I'm sure most would agree. If this was a case on someone else would you still think it was a stupid case based on nothing?

1. Abnormal interest in the existence of the role, especially in suggesting we should not focus on it
2. Had a huge running battle with a player deceased at the hands of the serial killer
4. Entertaining the idea that a case that has <1% likeliness of being true due to basic role mechanics is actually a possible case against a different SK candidate

So please, tell me how my case is bad? I accept you will say it's wrong whether or not it is, but how exactly is it bad? I don't think you can really find a better case against a rogue in a game this size.
I suppose sarcastically retorting to me suggesting you are the SK with "and this is coming from the person calling people idiots" is supposed to mean that you think I'm not one.
So you genuinely believe Matt's case and that I am the serial killer?

You genuinely believe that;

1. Sorsha selected to give jobs to MattF (who had been tunneling her all game) and myself on night 3.
2. That job was creating a meme in the thread on day 4.
3. That the meme I created was part of said job, not just me creating a lynch poster because lol.
4. That sorsha was able to select a winner after she was deceased via lynch on day 4, despite the role reading evidence to the contrary.

Epignosis, you come before you. I know you are smarter than to believe that. You are hanging yourself by selecting to lie about believing a ridiculous theory to protect yourself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Linki: Epi, are you saying you think a civvie BR would be able to piece together who a baddie LC's teammates were based on reading his posts and interacting with him irl?
I'm saying I would expect more from her than gunning for Roxy on "Take Your Kid to the Serial Killer" Day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

1. Sorsha selected to give jobs to MattF (who had been tunneling her all game) and myself on night 3.
3. That the meme I created was part of said job, not just me creating a lynch poster because lol.
4. That sorsha was able to select a winner after she was deceased via lynch on day 4, despite the role reading evidence to the contrary.

Epignosis, you come before you. I know you are smarter than to believe that. You are hanging yourself by selecting to lie about believing a ridiculous theory to protect yourself.
Here is what I said about Matt's idea:
Epignosis wrote:I'll think about this.
Epignosis wrote:I gotta think about that.
I haven't made up my mind.

I hang myself? Blaming the victim preemptively if you lynch me? :suspish:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One observation FZ made that I think is of special interest was when she noted Epi was not being confrontational. He is known around here for really taking his suspects to task, sometimes to the point of absurdity, and that hasn't happened here. There's potential that his restrained approach has been motivated by his understanding that rattling cages would work directly against the SK win condition.
This is possible but I don't think it's the case. I think Epi is just having trouble keeping up like many of us.

Okay, my eyes are glazing over at this point. I have 2 more pages to read and I am giving up for now. I got very little sleep last night. First my son couldn't sleep, so I couldn't sleep. Then I woke up at 5:30am in was you would think was a war zone. (We live VERY close to a military base).
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So I very much dislike influencing the game in any way whatsoever, but I feel as though I should clarify regarding 2 recent topics:

1) At some point, Floyd did ask me for advice regarding posting and I indeed advised him against spamming the thread. I don't recall using the number 4, but maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere or I'm having a brain lapse (completely possible). I'm personally not against multiple posts in a row if those posts are meaningful. Nonetheless, there will be no punishments doled out even for people spamming the thread with off-topic. I have no official position on this matter.

2) Regarding Russtifinko, I have been trying my best to warn folks via PM if they get close to the 72-hour mark, but only for first infractions. Thereafter, I have nonetheless on a few occasions tried reaching out to players (such as RDW) who have been absent for longer than that period.

Neither of these situations is dependent on either player's alignment, so I would advise against reading into them as such. I hate that I even have to weigh in here, but I feel as though I should.
What'd I do? I'm here! :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One observation FZ made that I think is of special interest was when she noted Epi was not being confrontational. He is known around here for really taking his suspects to task, sometimes to the point of absurdity, and that hasn't happened here. There's potential that his restrained approach has been motivated by his understanding that rattling cages would work directly against the SK win condition.
:srsnod:

...and this. Sorry guys, JJJ said more interesting stuff than I thought. Also, I had a block of time and figured I'd do a thorough catch-up. Don't mean to spam you all.

(Honestly though I don't find this Epi-Mac discussion to be super valuable, so I don't feel awful interrupting it.)

For now I'm throwing a vote on espers. As someone else pointed out, he's basically like recent Diiny, except all game, and he's been after me for no reason, which I don't like. I would not be opposed to lynching him, but I think it's unlikely for today. I probably will switch before Day's end. Possibly to Mac, who I'm thinking about a lot, or maybe to Epi or fingers.

Oh! And before I forget, to Metalmarsh: I can show you the text I got from MP, timestamped, if you want and I'm allowed. Why would I bother making up that MP contacted me instead of just saying "sorry I'm late, guys" and leaving it at that, if I really rejoined because of baddie BTSC?

Linki: Yeah, that's fair. Is that really all she's done? I'll have to read her back. As you've said in previous games, overaggressively pursuing serial killers is often a baddie tactic.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Here is what I said about Matt's idea:
Epignosis wrote:I'll think about this.
Epignosis wrote:I gotta think about that.
I haven't made up my mind.

I hang myself? Blaming the victim preemptively if you lynch me? :suspish:
So if I look at your posts, these are the only references I am going to see to you speaking on Matt's case?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I guess so.

It doesn't say she has to be alive to make her decision. That's why the idea is still valid given the information we have.
Give me a prior example of a role when such specification was needed.

Nah, that takes me back to "dead is dead". Dead can't decide for the living anymore, unless they could decide before dying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yes. Anything else I said is my own independent contribution. Knock yourself out.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I guess so.

Nah, that takes me back to "dead is dead". Dead can't decide for the living anymore, unless they could decide before dying.
You did play Biblical, right? :suspish:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FYI, it appears that epi is somewhat upset at me for being rude. I apologise if anyone was offended. I was trying to make it obvious that it was all in good fun (hence the flowery prose and the post about Matt's dick :biggrin:) but it may have been misconstrued. I'm not angry, upset or intending to offend and again apologies if I have.

I can assure you that "chaos posting" was a result of the fact that I was losing interest without having people engaging me thinking I was scum. It was boring me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote: It doesn't say she has to be alive to make her decision. That's why the idea is still valid given the information we have.

You did play Biblical, right? :suspish:
Remind me the example then, please.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?
Correct.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:FYI, it appears that epi is somewhat upset at me for being rude. I apologise if anyone was offended. I was trying to make it obvious that it was all in good fun (hence the flowery prose and the post about Matt's dick :biggrin:) but it may have been misconstrued. I'm not angry, upset or intending to offend and again apologies if I have.

I can assure you that "chaos posting" was a result of the fact that I was losing interest without having people engaging me thinking I was scum. It was boring me.
To be clear, I personally take no offense. I like the word "idiot." But there are others who don't take kindly to those kinds of attacks, and, as a moderator, I have to err on the conservative side. I hope that makes sense.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have just one point to make/question to raise regarding your responses, Epi.
Epignosis wrote:
My restrained approach is owing to the fact that some of you don't sleep or go outside. I've been clear on that. With many of these pages blocked at work, I can't read in sips like I like to do when I have a minute here or there. Instead, I come home and have 7+ pages to read.
I don't think this makes sense. When I suggest you've been "more restrained", I don't mean you've posted less. You're among the highest post counts in the thread. I think you've been present frequently and made your perspective known on most relevant discussions in the game. What I mean is that you've been gentler and cuddlier in your treatment of other players.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:FYI, it appears that epi is somewhat upset at me for being rude. I apologise if anyone was offended. I was trying to make it obvious that it was all in good fun (hence the flowery prose and the post about Matt's dick :biggrin:) but it may have been misconstrued. I'm not angry, upset or intending to offend and again apologies if I have.

To be clear, I personally take no offense. I like the word "idiot." But there are others who don't take kindly to those kinds of attacks, and, as a moderator, I have to err on the conservative side. I hope that makes sense.
Good to know haha.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have just one point to make/question to raise regarding your responses, Epi.
Epignosis wrote:
My restrained approach is owing to the fact that some of you don't sleep or go outside. I've been clear on that. With many of these pages blocked at work, I can't read in sips like I like to do when I have a minute here or there. Instead, I come home and have 7+ pages to read.
I don't think this makes sense. When I suggest you've been "more restrained", I don't mean you've posted less. You're among the highest post counts in the thread. I think you've been present frequently and made your perspective known on most relevant discussions in the game. What I mean is that you've been gentler and cuddlier in your treatment of other players.
I'm up against people I don't know shit about dude. I don't agree that I've been gentler and cuddlier, though. I'd say observant. :)
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
seaside wrote:What does everyone think of jjj, diiny and espers?
The order i would lynch them is espers > diiny > jjj. I'm reading jjj as jenuine atm.
Please expand.
The level that Diiny has slipped to, I feel like espers has been there all game. He's a total unknown quantity to me and that worries me so at the time I would have been cooler with an espers lynch than a Diiny lynch.

However, that non-vote Diiny put in at the end of the last Day that was so off-bandwagon that it was blinding probably puts him over espers atm if I were to rewrite that order.

And you're streets behind those two. :llama:
I can dig it. I think they're both highly suspicious at this point and would endorse their lynches for the sake of pursuing mafia instead of the SK.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?
Correct.
How is that in any way the same case? The BTSC gain was a "new action" and the cast vote continuation is an exception from the rule that dead players don't get to vote anymore. It doesn't prove any rule that it must be specified that dead players cannot vote anymore. That's just logical.

In fact, the example only that roles normally don't have to specify if the player needs to be alive for an action to be completed. It's just logical that, should the player die, the action won't be completed anymore. Any specification is an exception. Lack of any specification means no exceptions are made.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Correct.
How is that in any way the same case? The BTSC gain was a "new action" and the cast vote continuation is an exception from the rule that dead players don't get to vote anymore. It doesn't prove any rule that it must be specified that dead players cannot vote anymore. That's just logical.

In fact, the example only that roles normally don't have to specify if the player needs to be alive for an action to be completed. It's just logical that, should the player die, the action won't be completed anymore. Any specification is an exception. Lack of any specification means no exceptions are made.
"Nah, that takes me back to "dead is dead". Dead can't decide for the living anymore, unless they could decide before dying."

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you're saying dead can't influence a game. You of all people should know that's not the case.

And even if that's not what you are saying, others have said it explicitly.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I did it! I caught up!
Epignosis wrote:
I'm up against people I don't know shit about dude. I don't agree that I've been gentler and cuddlier, though. I'd say observant. :)
This is what I see, an observant Epi. Not a bad or SK Epi.

All that said, I am voting Mac. His reaction to all this SK stuff reads to me like a child who got caught stealing candy from the pantry and he's blaming it on his brother.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin, is it primarily Mac's reaction that has pinged you, or do you also think there is merit to Matt F's theory?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin wrote:I did it! I caught up!
Epignosis wrote:
This is what I see, an observant Epi. Not a bad or SK Epi.

All that said, I am voting Mac. His reaction to all this SK stuff reads to me like a child who got caught stealing candy from the pantry and he's blaming it on his brother.
:evileye:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:I know, right?!?

You're a lucky man. :phew:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all should take a side in the Roxy/Black Rock/fingersplints combat. I find fingersplints the most suspicious, due in part but not entirely to the content from llama that preceded her.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:I know, right?!?

You're a lucky man. :phew:
I've seen her. He's not that lucky.

KIDDING RUSS! She's a sweet gal. I got to talk to her a good deal. She's here right now, matter of fact.

KIDDING AGAIN!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Y'all should take a side in the Roxy/Black Rock/fingersplints combat. I find fingersplints the most suspicious, due in part but not entirely to the content from llama that preceded her.
What is your opinion of Black Rock?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:

No you don't . You may say as you please. You have a Mod On Duty, so you should feel free to play as you see fit without worrying about that. It is my job to deal with this, and I have been doing so :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

No you don't . You may say as you please. You have a Mod On Duty, so you should feel free to play as you see fit without worrying about that. It is my job to deal with this, and I have been doing so :)
:beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Y'all should take a side in the Roxy/Black Rock/fingersplints combat. I find fingersplints the most suspicious, due in part but not entirely to the content from llama that preceded her.
What is your opinion of Black Rock?
I thought she did a nice job (perhaps unintentionally) of conveying a personality in her first handful of posts that made her appear as wholly uninformed and overwhelmed -- without it overdoing it. I've had a town gut read on her for a while now.

To be fair though, that's not the most substantive read I've produced in this game and it probably needs to be checked against her more current content.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Matt F wrote:
Roxy wrote:Sorry thought I was in a mafia mood today but it turns out I amnot.

BR - what posts of mine specifically say I am a sk? I prob will not be posting much more this cycle.

MF - idgaf if I am foolish or people think I am tbh. I think you all of your cases are distracting from finding actual baddies. I even asked you to back up earlier and not lead lynches based on half built cases or loopy theories. But you won't so I won't change my vote.
So you're willing to lynch me for being a "poor" townie? I don't want to "twist your words", so I'm asking you.

Also, Roxy - Do you believe I am town or scum? I'd like this answered.

Btw, at least I am playing and am constantly in the mood to play the game that I signed up for. ;)

I am sorry that your life is all rosy with sunshine and unicorns but my life is not. I work 7 days a week. I just finished hosting another game on this site while playing this one. I also had been nursing my sick kitty I have loved for 17 years to no avail and he passed away 2 days ago.

At least I am trying to play through all of this. I realize it is not up to *your* mafia handbook of how I should play but it is how this game is being played by me whether you agree or don't.

That last line in your post is just mean spirited and I think uncalled for.
It shit like that, that actually makes me want to try less and post less. So thanks for that. I am sure it will make you quite happy now that you have made me quite sad.
;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry to hear about your struggles Roxy. RIP kitty.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Elohcin - Is there anyone in the thread that you'd like to hear funnies from?

Don't get me wrong, I'll tell you funnies everyday, but just wondering if you wanted to hear from anyone else.

MacD - I see you gave Elohcin a "I'm looking at YOU" smiley...please avert your eyes, there's nothing there.

Floyd - Why'd you vote for me? Explain.

JJJ - Don't know about BR and Splints, but I think Roxy is civvie. I can't fathom her saying something like "I don't want to play anymore" if she was scum. I know that's unfair and not really based on the game itself, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Linki - Oh my. Roxy - I'm just not going to address you the rest of the game.
Image Image Image Image
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

On the topic of espers, he was the first to respond to me. He asked why I was concerned about getting lynched, when I had posted that I would still be mostly silent for about two days. He has not responded or otherwise engaged me since.

For what it's worth, I believe that Mac's reaction to Matt F's accusation looks good. Timeline of his responses spoilered below:
10:58 - Laughs at how "tragically hilariously wrong" Matt F is.
10:59 - Responds to me, saying the entire scenario is too likely, implying Matt F is the real Serial Killer.
11:03 - Sarcastically asks the hosts to confirm that the Mafia cannot be the Serial Killer.
11:04 - Explains that making the poster for Matt F's lynch was for amusement.
11:05 - Says he didn't notice the italics on the word "job" because he was too busy teasing Matt F.
11:06 - Says he might make a big post giving reasons why everyone in this game is an idiot.
11:08 - Suggests the possibility that the failed kill was performed by the civvie kill role and made to look like the SK's kill by some other role.
11:18 - States anger at Matt F for sucking at Mafia and begins looking through the roles for an explanation.
11:25 - First attempted explanation of the events of last night.
11:30 - Gloats.
11:32 - Claims his theory (his words) is in fact an explanation.
11:37 - Responds to MM's overeager prods by calling the rest of us dumb shits playing like idiots.
11:41 - Goes back to not giving a shit.
11:54 - Calls MM, Epi, and I jerkwads who are confirmed scum.
There's no attempt at any sort of logical defense for roughly half an hour. I believe if he was Mafia then there's a good chance he would've attempted to explain away the accusation, even if with the same response, earlier. He reads chaotic, but not panicked, to me. You others who know him can decide if that's "normal" behavior or not.

Roxy, I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are family too, and it's hard when their time is up.

Mac, the reason I'm frustrated is because I don't see a standard. I don't know what is and isn't allowed, all I know is there are rules about not being an ass. Then I see you calling people jerkwads, idiots, dumbshits, saying someone's penis will shrivel up inside them. I don't care about the language, my home site has zero filter and I honestly prefer it that way. This is infuriating because I'm trying to adhere to these rules that I have no objective measure of while you clearly don't care what comes out of your mouth and have made a game of spouting shit out of boredom. That's why I got fed up with you yesterday.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm very sorry for your loss, Roxy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:MacD - I see you gave Elohcin a "I'm looking at YOU" smiley...please avert your eyes, there's nothing there.
:rolleyes:

Please don't do that.

linki: Yeah fair enough. It's probably because I have no intention of backing up this game with a second so I couldn't really care less. :haha:
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Btw Roxy, if you'd like, I'll give you access to my facebook. Then you can see how on August 31st, my dad killed himself. Shortly thereafter, I was evicted. Three weeks ago, I had to give my effing cat of 12 years to the pound because I was not allowed to keep her at the place I am staying, and while I don't work 7 days a week, I do put in 40 hours so seriously

STFU about my life being "rosy"

Taking the rest of the day off. Lynch Mac. Peace
Image Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Elohcin, is it primarily Mac's reaction that has pinged you, or do you also think there is merit to Matt F's theory?
Its primarily his reaction to Matt;s theory.
Matt F wrote:Elohcin - Is there anyone in the thread that you'd like to hear funnies from?
everyone! :D We could have a whole page of jokes :p That'd be cool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:Btw Roxy, if you'd like, I'll give you access to my facebook. Then you can see how on August 31st, my dad killed himself. Shortly thereafter, I was evicted. Three weeks ago, I had to give my effing cat of 12 years to the pound because I was not allowed to keep her at the place I am staying, and while I don't work 7 days a week, I do put in 40 hours so seriously

STFU about my life being "rosy"

Taking the rest of the day off. Lynch Mac. Peace
No, don't.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

There was this one time a couple of days ago when I decided to do nothing but wear white clothing.

Then I dyed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

J3, I'd like to argue some points now, if you have the time. I have three topics that I'd prefer to talk about, but if you'd rather talk about something else I'll oblige. I'd like to talk about espers and his allegiance, how valid or accurate my perspective is, or the weather.

When I refer to my perspective, I'm including the Matt F <-> Mac engagement. If I recall correctly you state points that disagreed with me, without explicitly stating disagreement.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm very sorry to you as well Matt. :(

I'm available now, Fuzz. Hit me with your points and we'll see where it goes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”