[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:I've had a really busy day, been in and out non-stop. Kinda forgot I had to vote. I'm going to stick with a *Vote for Devin* because I do strongly think there was a constant scramble through the day to keep Sorsha ahead of him in the lynch every time he got near her.
You're so bad (again). I would vote for you but I can't shake my espers suspicion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I've had a really busy day, been in and out non-stop. Kinda forgot I had to vote. I'm going to stick with a *Vote for Devin* because I do strongly think there was a constant scramble through the day to keep Sorsha ahead of him in the lynch every time he got near her.
You're so bad (again). I would vote for you but I can't shake my espers suspicion.
Because I've voted for you?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:
Because meta :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

I also worked compiled this during the past hour. It's basically the order in which final votes happened (of course, it doesn't describe the whole dynamic of the vote, only the "frozen" image of where every vote landed).

Not sure myself what I can get out of it, at the moment, but on the other hand, should we play the "what if b24 is bad" game, there's something interesting about him not having been voted since D2 until today (Wilgy's vote on him, currently), plus on who his D2 voters were.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:
Care to be more specific?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Care to be more specific?
Recruitment :shrug:

Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

HI.

Jumping straight to the last page I think some people have voted for me. I'm going through the thread now to do taht shit I said I'd do and catching up and I'll probably see what you've said against me but please feel free to help me out and shove my face into the relevant posts.

Really sorry for absence, but I'm here for what should be a solid session now.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DrWilgy wrote:JJJ is probably scum. Only 55% sure though.
Saw this, and immediately made me unhappy.

55% on a player a fair few people have launched suspicions at is such a non-read. So unaccountable. So easy to distance oneself from. This has made me feel like starting the read on you I need to do.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I do. I assume that I know you better than anyone else here, and I don't want to make any false assumptions about you. I did make assumptions before day 3, and it was fun, but to be honest since then I've been hung up on day 2. I just noticed that you use the word conclusions. Why is this? Have you game solved already? Should the game have been already solved by others?
You know me better than anyone else here, true, but because of that you should have something to work with. I use the word conclusions to imply a process. An example below:

Player X has been posting strangely (observation)
Is it likely that Player X Mafia? (question)
Exhibit A, B, etc (evidence)
It is likely that Player X is Mafia (conclusion)

You know this.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote: This is all the players that have voted for a confirmed civ, or neutral (assuming mafia aren't night killing their own of course):
What does everyone think of this? I would really like feedback on this one.
-- This entire thing is fairly decontextualized, given lack of Day specifications and such. Matt's example below will be sort of proof of this decontextualization.
-- Sorsha is confirmed civ, I think we can stop suspecting her. ;)
-- Eloh's votes range from non-committal vibe (left-field late Sorsha vote on D2, amidst the b24-LC wagon; solo very early vote on Zebra D3) to suddenly making an impact D4 (7th vote for the main wagon, pushing it further). Today she's contributing to a wagon, as well. Stats-wise, I'd say this pings.
-- Matt's appearences are made to look the worst, but it's actually more drumming on Sorsha until he finally helped mislynched her. Don't know what to make of this, if he's bad, the votes feel like dormant until the momentum finally came for a mislynch. Similar to Eloh, in fact. Would either/both of team take such risks, on D4, knowing they would contribue to a mislynch.
-- Diiny's D4 vote is either a total stinkbomb, for a civ, or a blunder, for a baddie.
-- Sig's votes make the bad vibes return, especially recalling his D1 BWT vote on partial grounds of being "most suspicious" (when in fact his posts would inspire more the idea that LC, a confirmed mafia, would be his "most suspicious" at that point). D2 he's very quickly back on track there with the vote on LC. Now there's also his D3 Golden vote, which I specifically remember it being a switch from me, because of suddenly finding me genuine in my defense fight. I'm damn well civ, so "suddenly"? Hmm.

Question is, though, what are your ideas coming out of this.
DrWilgy wrote: also from my scumpoints list earlier, I wanted to present it in another fashion. This shows overall impact on the LC lynch.
I'm still not sure what you're pursuing with this and don't remember you clarifying the algorithm and such. The one time you used this for a vote, your worst looking player came out civ.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Wilgy only casing LC before the deadline makes me feel uneasy. My tinfoil is gently screaming into my ear that it could be a bus. It does seem at least somewhat of an original, well phrased and thought through read/case, though, so that's making me feel better. I feel ambivilent about his use of questions; on one hand they suggest a Wilgy who is keen to let a townie long con have a chance to defend himself, but at the same time they're very close to the deadline to the point that their effectiveness at doing so is severely diminished.

Wilgy puts a lot of effort into, as I accused epi of doing earlier, doing the work. That is, objective, stats based work that doesn't require putting out reads per se, letting you appear civ/involved without actually making you liable for any bad shit that happens.

Plus I don't even think he's a real doctor.

cure my overactive scumroid gland if you think that's the case, Wilgy, and give me a read on RadicalFuzz so far, even though it's difficult to read him.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"I feel ambivilent about his use of questions; on one hand they suggest a Wilgy who is keen to let a townie long con have a chance to defend himself"

Huh?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Me thinks the Doctor's putting Devin near the center of the graph is convenient :ponder:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ricochet wrote:"I feel ambivilent about his use of questions; on one hand they suggest a Wilgy who is keen to let a townie long con have a chance to defend himself"

Huh?
Questions that allow for a townie to defend themselves whilst also putting the pressure on them and making clear why they think they're scum for the benefit of other townies are indicative of a townie mindset. Prior to his lynch, if Wilgy was a townie then Long Con was potentially a townie in his eyes, too, even if the evidence seemed against him.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Me thinks the Doctor's putting Devin near the center of the graph is convenient :ponder:
As far as I recall, everyone left of Zebra (who's at 0) is negative on the scummeter, and everybody right has scumpoints, in increasing order.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ricochet wrote: Question is, though, what are your ideas coming out of this.
Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell.

I was ready to lynch you a few days ago, Rico, so let's take another look at you.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Seven pages, give me strength.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Diiny wrote:

I was ready to lynch you a few days ago, Rico, so let's take another look at you.
You did vote to lynch me a few days ago. That's a bit beyond being ready. :confused:

Why did you vote Golden on D4, smack in the middle of a two-way wagon conclusion between Sorsha and Devin, not to mention either ignoring or being oblivious to all signs that pointed at Golden's outed civvieness?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Me thinks the Doctor's putting Devin near the center of the graph is convenient :ponder:
As far as I recall, everyone left of Zebra (who's at 0) is negative on the scummeter, and everybody right has scumpoints, in increasing order.
*Slowly nods head* I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I understand the graph perfectly.

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:

You did vote to lynch me a few days ago. That's a bit beyond being ready. :confused:

Why did you vote Golden on D4, smack in the middle of a two-way wagon conclusion between Sorsha and Devin, not to mention either ignoring or being oblivious to all signs that pointed at Golden's outed civvieness?
It was clearly a joke vote, knowing that he would never win and that nobody would take it seriously. Did you seriously not get this, or are you just making sure? I understood that I'd be penalized for not voting and didn't have enough time/research, hence golden.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:
*Slowly nods head* I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I understand the graph perfectly.
Ok...
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Ok...
My position on the graph is suspicious. Why am I not more suspicious?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Diiny wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:

It was clearly a joke vote, knowing that he would never win and that nobody would take it seriously. Did you seriously not get this, or are you just making sure? I understood that I'd be penalized for not voting and didn't have enough time/research, hence golden.
Yet, eight minutes prior to that, whilst still in an apologetic way to failing to catch, you said you'd have to decide between the two main wagons, unless you dislike both of them. That was your only posted criteria for sidelining. It doesn't quite resemble your actual decision for sidelining.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

whilst I'm reading Rico, devin, it's pretty funny that I asked people to shove their questions and problems with me in my face and despite you tunnelling me the whole game you've not interacted with me in the slightest on this, my dramatic re-emergence from the void. What do you have to say for yourself, young man?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:JJJ is probably scum. Only 55% sure though.
What's your beef? You seem to like my LC vote a lot and I haven't noted any other comments you've made about me indicating you might be suspicious.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:

Yet, eight minutes prior to that, whilst still in an apologetic way to failing to catch, you said you'd have to decide between the two main wagons, unless you dislike both of them. That was your only posted criteria for sidelining. It doesn't quite resemble your actual decision for sidelining.
It turned out to be wishful thinking and overambition. You're right, I didn't particularly dislike either of them, but none was strong enough to quickly sell me and I couldn't justify four minutes of skimming on each.

I'm glad I didn't vote because it would've probably been for sorsha under the idea that her wagon was saved by a civvy one that quickly overtook it earlier in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General alert:

There are numerous roles in this game that affect the vote tally. It might be necessary to generate a little separation between lynch candidates (at least near to the deadline) to ensure shenanigans are avoided. I hate shenanigans.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Diiny wrote:whilst I'm reading Rico, devin, it's pretty funny that I asked people to shove their questions and problems with me in my face and despite you tunnelling me the whole game you've not interacted with me in the slightest on this, my dramatic re-emergence from the void. What do you have to say for yourself, young man?
How young do you think I am?

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Diiny wrote:whilst I'm reading Rico, devin, it's pretty funny that I asked people to shove their questions and problems with me in my face and despite you tunnelling me the whole game you've not interacted with me in the slightest on this, my dramatic re-emergence from the void. What do you have to say for yourself, young man?
The question is: how young do you feel?
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny, please welcome this to your face.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:yeah, this isn't informed but I don't want to get penalised. Golden because he's obviously scum guys
Diiny, you're a demanding townie. You expect things out of people and try to get things from them when at first they don't supply them. This voting methodology is so... timid. Even if you hadn't managed to catch up with the entire game, you have had plenty of time as an active contributor to get some kind of feeling at least on Devin and Sorsha. You failed to place a relevant vote in a very important spot and that I really don't think town Diiny lets that happen.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Diiny wrote:
The question is: how young do you feel?
That's a discussion for another day :disappoint:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Secondary. But I see your point. I didn't even notice that I contradicted myself. There might be something to that :ponder:
When you supported the case against espers, you cited "the points made by others".

What points were they and who made them?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Secondary. But I see your point. I didn't even notice that I contradicted myself. There might be something to that :ponder:
When you supported the case against espers, you cited "the points made by others".

What points were they and who made them?
Don't you remember? ;)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:General alert:

There are numerous roles in this game that affect the vote tally. It might be necessary to generate a little separation between lynch candidates (at least near to the deadline) to ensure shenanigans are avoided. I hate shenanigans.
Anyways, I have to go shortly, so let me help with this. VOTES FUCK THE MAN!!!!

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Don't you remember? ;)
No, it's been a long thread. :p

Was it my case? Tell me what it is about espers that you find suspicious.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyways, I have to go shortly, so let me help with this. VOTES FUCK THE MAN!!!!
:disappoint:

If you're not scum then help me kill someone who is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Assuming he survives this lynch, Devin will be punished for self-voting. :srsnod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Assuming he survives this lynch, Devin will be punished for self-voting. :srsnod:
You gonna make him listen to every Henry Cow album ever or something?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Did I mention that I need a replacement? :feb:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Diiny, please welcome this to your face.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:yeah, this isn't informed but I don't want to get penalised. Golden because he's obviously scum guys
Diiny, you're a demanding townie. You expect things out of people and try to get things from them when at first they don't supply them. This voting methodology is so... timid. Even if you hadn't managed to catch up with the entire game, you have had plenty of time as an active contributor to get some kind of feeling at least on Devin and Sorsha. You failed to place a relevant vote in a very important spot and that I really don't think town Diiny lets that happen.
Town Diiny doesn't place important, potentially lynch deciding votes without feeling very sure about them. I didn't have that long at all to iso the two players, but, yes, I gave it a shot and decided that there was no way I was coming to a valid conclusion about either of them in the time I had. I feel like a decent vote for a player can't be done simply by isoing them either, there's the influence of thoses posts within the greater context of the entire thread that shapes a vote, too. I'm demanding, but I can't demand reads. That's something I've got to do and didn't have the time to. I couldn't think of anything to demand that would help me out, except third party summaries which I'm against. I'll be the first to admit it's not ideal play, but it was better than ignorantly affecting the tally/lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey townies/civilians/villagers/whatever you want to be called:

I've been a member of The Syndicate since May. A large number of games have been played. I've seen town win zero of them. Zero. Zip. Nilch. Notta. Cero. The absence of a quantity.

That's awful. We should all be ashamed. RYM experienced a horrific lull in town performance in which anti-town factions went 22-3 over a 25 game stretch (I believe). I'm familiar with this kind of futility.

It sucks. I hate it. Let's win, eh? Or let's do everything in our power to make the effort and at worst lose in an honorable fight?

Sense of urgency!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey townies/civilians/villagers/whatever you want to be called:

I've been a member of The Syndicate since May. A large number of games have been played. I've seen town win zero of them. Zero. Zip. Nilch. Notta. Cero. The absence of a quantity.

That's awful. We should all be ashamed. RYM experienced a horrific lull in town performance in which anti-town factions went 22-3 over a 25 game stretch (I believe). I'm familiar with this kind of futility.

It sucks. I hate it. Let's win, eh? Or let's do everything in our power to make the effort and at worst lose in an honorable fight?

Sense of urgency!
Okay! JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Town Diiny doesn't place important, potentially lynch deciding votes without feeling very sure about them. I didn't have that long at all to iso the two players, but, yes, I gave it a shot and decided that there was no way I was coming to a valid conclusion about either of them in the time I had. I feel like a decent vote for a player can't be done simply by isoing them either, there's the influence of thoses posts within the greater context of the entire thread that shapes a vote, too. I'm demanding, but I can't demand reads. That's something I've got to do and didn't have the time to. I couldn't think of anything to demand that would help me out, except third party summaries which I'm against. I'll be the first to admit it's not ideal play, but it was better than ignorantly affecting the tally/lynch.
I'm not saying you should have demanded something of others in this spot. I'm saying you should have demanded something of yourself. Even if you don't have the ability to thoroughly analyze the smaller details of each ISO, you're still faced with a critical decision. And instead of taking that responsibility upon yourself and shouldering that burden, you turtled up with a vote for someone who'd never get lynched ever.

That's a bad look for someone that I consider a capable leader. I don't mean this as a diss on your strategy -- I mean it's suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Okay! JaggedJimmyJay
You know I'm always Mr. Cheerleader/Head Coach, so there's really no reason for this vote to exist right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Okay Jimmy.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Did I mention that I need a replacement? :feb:
Look, this cannot happen. Replacements aren't coming.

We've already had to modkill rundontwalk and there may be others to follow. I beg that people do not voluntarily throw in the towel this game, regardless of alignment or RL circumstances, unless they absolutely feel they have to. In doing so, the balance of the game will not be upheld. I do not want to have to modkill more players if I don't have to.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Matt F you should be mod killed for sucking at Mafia. When I flip your penis will shrivel up inside you from embarrassment and it will never come out again.
This is a bit crude. Are you 3 years old? True story...I was working out yesterday and my three year old son came over to me and said, "Mommy look!" I looked over at him and he had pulled his pants down just enough to allow his junk to show. He cupped himself and wiggled a bit and said, "MY PENIS!" We are adults here, right?
MacDougall wrote:Strawhenge... Please read the posts and tell MattF he's an idiot. Please. I am getting desperate here. If I get lynched when it's clear that his explanation is insane I will burn the internet to the ground.
This here sounds suspicious to me. A civilian would give more of a defense I would think. Mac, what kind of defense can you offer rather than just sitting there calling names and telling us how angry you are.

About your vote on Epi and your belief that he is the SK. I think you are wrong. Epi has always had that opinion of the SK whether he was scum, civ, etc. I don't think his opinion makes hiim the SK this game. Plus, pointing a finger at someone else is not really a defense as to why you are NOT the SK.

Posting this with 5 pages to go.

5.5 including link :p Shut up people! :p
Elohcin...

What would you expect me to do as defense if not what I did do? I pointed out the fallacies of his argument and I identified a more likely solution. The swears and stuff are irrelevant I did my absolute best to defend myself, and I did a fine job of it too.

And with your Epi meta rendering my case on him irrelevant, I've got no epi meta to go on so it'd be cool if you could help me find some examples?

That doesn't make the fact that FZ had Epi as top scumspect and then went die die, as well as Epi's abnormal play (according to other syndicators).

Who else do you find suspicious?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Devin asking for a replacement strikes me as odd. If he truly can't play at this point and he's lost interest and is a townie, wouldn't he be more inclined to just sign out and let nature take it's course? Asking for a replacement at this point seems like something somebody with a more minority role would do.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I'm not saying you should have demanded something of others in this spot. I'm saying you should have demanded something of yourself. Even if you don't have the ability to thoroughly analyze the smaller details of each ISO, you're still faced with a critical decision. And instead of taking that responsibility upon yourself and shouldering that burden, you turtled up with a vote for someone who'd never get lynched ever.

That's a bad look for someone that I consider a capable leader. I don't mean this as a diss on your strategy -- I mean it's suspicious.
In case this is in contention I never expected anyone to follow my golden vote, it was very much drawing attention to the fact that I'm not voting for either of them and just needed to avoid being penalised.

I'm chuffed that you consider me a capable leader, but a good leader also knows when not to lead. And also knows that leading 8 mins before the deadline or whatever isn't exactly leading ;)

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't have a problem with the responsibility of potentially securing either of lynches, it was that to do so wouldn't be reflective of any kind of informed decision, ya get me? I think I showed responsibility: I was concious to vote the towniest, least likely to get lycnhed, no votes guy (golden) instead of someone I actually had a previous scum read on so that I could be held accountable for my decision.

Also, from what you know of me, do you think it's indicative of Scum Diin to be timid, as you're accusing me of being?

link J- not even comedic timing?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Did I mention that I need a replacement? :feb:
Look, this cannot happen. Replacements aren't coming.

We've already had to modkill rundontwalk and there may be others to follow. I beg that people do not voluntarily throw in the towel this game, regardless of alignment or RL circumstances, unless they absolutely feel they have to. In doing so, the balance of the game will not be upheld. I do not want to have to modkill more players if I don't have to.
I'll also be in need of a replacement... for these hips after I'm done rocking it 'till I shock it. :workit:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Matt F you should be mod killed for sucking at Mafia. When I flip your penis will shrivel up inside you from embarrassment and it will never come out again.
This is a bit crude. Are you 3 years old? True story...I was working out yesterday and my three year old son came over to me and said, "Mommy look!" I looked over at him and he had pulled his pants down just enough to allow his junk to show. He cupped himself and wiggled a bit and said, "MY PENIS!" We are adults here, right?
MacDougall wrote:Strawhenge... Please read the posts and tell MattF he's an idiot. Please. I am getting desperate here. If I get lynched when it's clear that his explanation is insane I will burn the internet to the ground.
This here sounds suspicious to me. A civilian would give more of a defense I would think. Mac, what kind of defense can you offer rather than just sitting there calling names and telling us how angry you are.

About your vote on Epi and your belief that he is the SK. I think you are wrong. Epi has always had that opinion of the SK whether he was scum, civ, etc. I don't think his opinion makes hiim the SK this game. Plus, pointing a finger at someone else is not really a defense as to why you are NOT the SK.

Posting this with 5 pages to go.

5.5 including link :p Shut up people! :p
Elohcin...

What would you expect me to do as defense if not what I did do? I pointed out the fallacies of his argument and I identified a more likely solution. The swears and stuff are irrelevant I did my absolute best to defend myself, and I did a fine job of it too.

And with your Epi meta rendering my case on him irrelevant, I've got no epi meta to go on so it'd be cool if you could help me find some examples?

That doesn't make the fact that FZ had Epi as top scumspect and then went die die, as well as Epi's abnormal play (according to other syndicators).

Who else do you find suspicious?
Here's proof of what Eloh is saying about me regarding serial killers:
Epignosis wrote:Balance

The inclusion of a second Mafia team or an independent serial killer generally helps balance the game in favor of the Civilians.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

RadicalFuzz wrote:I don't know how the RYM forum handles nested quotes, but a lot of the "wall of text" syndrome that's been going on this game has been from people continually quoting each other without properly snipping the quotes. To be fair, sometimes the relevant posts are far back in the quote chain, but it gets ridiculous, especially on mobile.
Yeah, some people at the Syndicate view all quote-snipping as suspicious. I think it's just common sense if you have one tiny thing in a big big post you need to talk about.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”