[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Devin asking for a replacement strikes me as odd. If he truly can't play at this point and he's lost interest and is a townie, wouldn't he be more inclined to just sign out and let nature take it's course? Asking for a replacement at this point seems like something somebody with a more minority role would do.
I dunno. In my experience, neener neener *self vote* is usually a town tell. I don't have a large sample of memories of this though since self-voting is usually illegal on RYM. Both of my champs tourny games had one of these incidents and ended in town lynches.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

MacDougall wrote:Devin asking for a replacement strikes me as odd. If he truly can't play at this point and he's lost interest and is a townie, wouldn't he be more inclined to just sign out and let nature take it's course? Asking for a replacement at this point seems like something somebody with a more minority role would do.
I thought it was a joke because we're famously out of replacements and this has been said a bunch of times, hence the smilies.

If it is serious, which I'm now considering a possibility, it looks very much like a snide caveat to slide in to your post history as a catch-all sus-killer.

I was also expecting a serious response to my question about him not interacting with me at all. Dev, what up?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I dunno. In my experience, neener neener *self vote* is usually a town tell. I don't have a large sample of memories of this though since self-voting is usually illegal on RYM. Both of my champs tourny games had one of these incidents and ended in town lynches.
Haterade.

Oh god, haterade.

I told them all, but they didn't listen.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Matt F you should be mod killed for sucking at Mafia. When I flip your penis will shrivel up inside you from embarrassment and it will never come out again.
This is a bit crude. Are you 3 years old? True story...I was working out yesterday and my three year old son came over to me and said, "Mommy look!" I looked over at him and he had pulled his pants down just enough to allow his junk to show. He cupped himself and wiggled a bit and said, "MY PENIS!" We are adults here, right?
MacDougall wrote:Strawhenge... Please read the posts and tell MattF he's an idiot. Please. I am getting desperate here. If I get lynched when it's clear that his explanation is insane I will burn the internet to the ground.
This here sounds suspicious to me. A civilian would give more of a defense I would think. Mac, what kind of defense can you offer rather than just sitting there calling names and telling us how angry you are.

About your vote on Epi and your belief that he is the SK. I think you are wrong. Epi has always had that opinion of the SK whether he was scum, civ, etc. I don't think his opinion makes hiim the SK this game. Plus, pointing a finger at someone else is not really a defense as to why you are NOT the SK.

Posting this with 5 pages to go.

5.5 including link :p Shut up people! :p
Elohcin...

What would you expect me to do as defense if not what I did do? I pointed out the fallacies of his argument and I identified a more likely solution. The swears and stuff are irrelevant I did my absolute best to defend myself, and I did a fine job of it too.

And with your Epi meta rendering my case on him irrelevant, I've got no epi meta to go on so it'd be cool if you could help me find some examples?

That doesn't make the fact that FZ had Epi as top scumspect and then went die die, as well as Epi's abnormal play (according to other syndicators).

Who else do you find suspicious?
Here's proof of what Eloh is saying about me regarding serial killers:
Epignosis wrote:Balance

The inclusion of a second Mafia team or an independent serial killer generally helps balance the game in favor of the Civilians.
I was more looking for in the wild examples of you being the overwhelming front runner of SK conversation and then you not being the serial killer.

Epi, I'm willing to be proven wrong about you. I'm not a one track minded tunneling fool. If you can show me some examples in other games that'd be great. Do you have any other games on the forum where you were a rogue?
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:In case this is in contention I never expected anyone to follow my golden vote, it was very much drawing attention to the fact that I'm not voting for either of them and just needed to avoid being penalised.

I'm chuffed that you consider me a capable leader, but a good leader also knows when not to lead. And also knows that leading 8 mins before the deadline or whatever isn't exactly leading ;)

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't have a problem with the responsibility of potentially securing either of lynches, it was that to do so wouldn't be reflective of any kind of informed decision, ya get me? I think I showed responsibility: I was concious to vote the towniest, least likely to get lycnhed, no votes guy (golden) instead of someone I actually had a previous scum read on so that I could be held accountable for my decision.

Also, from what you know of me, do you think it's indicative of Scum Diin to be timid, as you're accusing me of being?

link J- not even comedic timing?
Yellow: Fair question. I am not terribly interested in playing meta with you though, because I think you showed in #89 that you can conquer that problem. I think you're capable of playing either alignment within a variety of personalities.

What do you think of espers?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
That's true, fucking around when the lynch is coming for you is a town tell. But actually trying to get replaced (ostensibly by someone who can offer more effort) seems like what someone who doesn't want to entirely alienate their team would do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Haterade.

Oh god, haterade.

I do think there's a difference between "I'm scum" and "whatever, just lynch me *self vote*"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I do think there's a difference between "I'm scum" and "whatever, just lynch me *self vote*"
Fair point.

Aether for the latter, though, when she was the werewolf that ruined your life
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Haterade.

Oh god, haterade.

I do think there's a difference between "I'm scum" and "whatever, just lynch me *self vote*"
Is "I'm scum" a scum tell?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [NIGHT 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

RadicalFuzz wrote:J3 do you find town boring?

Splints the first engagement I had in thread was someone trying to insinuate that I was Mafia. I'm not going to pity you for biting off more than you can chew when you signed up to be a sub or for nobody answerinf a question you asked once. Don't just ask once then get annoyed, ask again, ask until everyone gets so sick of seeing the question that they answer it just to make you stop.
Epi did this earlier and it worked.
fingersplints wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Matt F wrote:Before anyone else mentions it, yes, I've voted to lynch a civvie four days in a row now. :ninja:

Sorry town
It's not so much that you've voted for 4 civvies in 4 days that bothers me, personally. I don't really love that everyone you've voted for is dead, but it is still only 2 people so it's not totally damning yet.

I think your Mac theory is completely cockamamie, and I HATE cockamamie theories, as Syndicate players know. However, I think a baddie you would be foolish to pursue it so forcefully and for so long (over 5 pages). I finished reading that exchange and found myself leaning more civ on you than before.

Also, for the record, I don't know Roxy the best, but all her posts have read absolutely classic Roxy to me. The devil-may-care, I-play-my-game-and-no-one-can-stop-me attitude, the tunneling on Matt F, and just general tone seem normal to me.

I suppose I get fingersplints defending her, but as far as I can recall, defending her is literally the only thing fingers has done all game. That looks increasingly shady to me as interesting things happen in thread.
this is as much investment you are going to get out of me. I joined into the game late and in an impossible to catch up spot but was positive. Very nice of me. Then I was largely ignored. No one welcomed me. No one even tried to give me a summary I asked for. No one answered my question if there was a silencer. sorry if you guys wanted more out of me should have interacted with me sooner.

If you read through my posts I defended her and then people questioned my defense of her. It's not me who only wants to bring up Rox but if you are all going to keep questioning it then I'm forced to respond to it
I deserve to die because I missed a vote
fingers, I'm sorry you didn't feel included. If I'd have been more active when you joined, I'd have welcomed you.

Not posting any reads besides "Roxy is good, everyone who accuses her is bad." creates a vicious cycle, though. People will suspect you for not giving reads, and apparently being asked to defend/explain yourself makes you less willing to contribute new content.

Play the game how you want so it's fun for you. I'm not saying you need to even read half of what's been posted. But it would be super duper cool if you could read even just a player or two and tell me and others what you think about them. It'll help us catch baddies, and probably be more fun than just defending yourself about your Roxy read for days on end.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russ, if the phase ended in 25 seconds and your vote was certain to secure the final kill, where would your vote go?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Is "I'm scum" a scum tell?
It is if you're MacDougall or Haterade. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Let me do my research and I'll tell you re espers, J. I've abandoned rico until later because seven pages. seven. pages.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:I was more looking for in the wild examples of you being the overwhelming front runner of SK conversation and then you not being the serial killer.

Epi, I'm willing to be proven wrong about you. I'm not a one track minded tunneling fool. If you can show me some examples in other games that'd be great. Do you have any other games on the forum where you were a rogue?
Oh. In that case, I've been an independent killer one time and got killed Night 2.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I was more looking for in the wild examples of you being the overwhelming front runner of SK conversation and then you not being the serial killer.

Oh. In that case, I've been an independent killer one time and got killed Night 2.
Zero search results for "SK", "serial killer", "ind" (indy/independent), and "rogue" in Epi's post history here.

Contrasts with this game nicely at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [NIGHT 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:J3 do you find town boring?

Splints the first engagement I had in thread was someone trying to insinuate that I was Mafia. I'm not going to pity you for biting off more than you can chew when you signed up to be a sub or for nobody answerinf a question you asked once. Don't just ask once then get annoyed, ask again, ask until everyone gets so sick of seeing the question that they answer it just to make you stop.
Epi did this earlier and it worked.
fingersplints wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Matt F wrote:Before anyone else mentions it, yes, I've voted to lynch a civvie four days in a row now. :ninja:

Sorry town
It's not so much that you've voted for 4 civvies in 4 days that bothers me, personally. I don't really love that everyone you've voted for is dead, but it is still only 2 people so it's not totally damning yet.

I think your Mac theory is completely cockamamie, and I HATE cockamamie theories, as Syndicate players know. However, I think a baddie you would be foolish to pursue it so forcefully and for so long (over 5 pages). I finished reading that exchange and found myself leaning more civ on you than before.

Also, for the record, I don't know Roxy the best, but all her posts have read absolutely classic Roxy to me. The devil-may-care, I-play-my-game-and-no-one-can-stop-me attitude, the tunneling on Matt F, and just general tone seem normal to me.

I suppose I get fingersplints defending her, but as far as I can recall, defending her is literally the only thing fingers has done all game. That looks increasingly shady to me as interesting things happen in thread.
this is as much investment you are going to get out of me. I joined into the game late and in an impossible to catch up spot but was positive. Very nice of me. Then I was largely ignored. No one welcomed me. No one even tried to give me a summary I asked for. No one answered my question if there was a silencer. sorry if you guys wanted more out of me should have interacted with me sooner.

If you read through my posts I defended her and then people questioned my defense of her. It's not me who only wants to bring up Rox but if you are all going to keep questioning it then I'm forced to respond to it
I deserve to die because I missed a vote
fingers, I'm sorry you didn't feel included. If I'd have been more active when you joined, I'd have welcomed you.

Not posting any reads besides "Roxy is good, everyone who accuses her is bad." creates a vicious cycle, though. People will suspect you for not giving reads, and apparently being asked to defend/explain yourself makes you less willing to contribute new content.

Play the game how you want so it's fun for you. I'm not saying you need to even read half of what's been posted. But it would be super duper cool if you could read even just a player or two and tell me and others what you think about them. It'll help us catch baddies, and probably be more fun than just defending yourself about your Roxy read for days on end.
Here's where I'm at with splints.

Llama was an early game scum read for me. If I recall Llama was a third, not as close, lynch candidate on the day Long Con was lynched. This gave me pause at the time because I felt mathematically it was unlikely that there were two scum players on that day close to being lynched.

Splints since coming into the game, has ... been tough to read. Especially with the mod forced flavour posts. There has been a distinct lack of contribution, not in post volume, but in effort per post and he has blamed it on us being mean and not talking to him. I don't really get that line of thinking. If he replaced in, and is a townie, he should at the very least ISO the major lynch candidates of the day and spend a little while formulating reads. Immediately going to the thread and asking them to do the work for you is something I would expect a scum replacement trying to imitate town play to do.

Now if splints is scum, it most definitely opens up the likelihood of LC being bussed to ensure llama wasn't lynched. Possibly due to the perceived value of their roles side by side. This would then mean that the later votes on LC's lynch would almost certainly have scum on them.

I most definitely have an eye on splints right about now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints was highly aggressive against Black Rock in Economics Mafia. Turned out she was town and BR was mafia, so her read was accurate. Does anyone who played in or observed that game feel this parallel is meaningful?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Zero search results for "SK", "serial killer", "ind" (indy/independent), and "rogue" in Epi's post history here.

Indeed it does. In fairness epi did only have about 8 or so posts on the subject at the time I read his ISO about the SK and it was later in the game than day 2. It wasn't that he had some it was that nobody else really had any in comparison. But yes, for the purpose of the exercise it's a good look for epi.

Epi, can you please link me to a few games you had a lot of posts in?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny, explain your vote for Devin immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I know that. Don't you find it weird that he would just have two browser tabs open on the home page of the site? Like, who does that?
Oh, I didn't see the other arrow until I opened the full image.

That tab also says "View Topic", meaning he is reading one of the many forum topics on this site, possibly even another page in this thread. But also note he has a mysterious second window open.
Fantasy football on Yahoo, if you must know.
Ewww! ESPN is far superior.

Other thoughts:

I am shocked that someone (Mac) is managing to troll the thread harder than MM. I don't know whether to be exasperated or congratulate you.

I'm seeing a town Devin, even more today than previously. His playful posting reminds me of when I had BTSC with him in Bioshock. He was an SK, but we worked out an alliance, so we were aligned, and he was basically acting like this. He's basically acting like he's aligned with most of the thread to me, which would indicate civ. I dunno if that makes sense to anyone else, and hopefully it doesn't compound his problems, but I see it as a positive sign for him this game.

Linki: So yesterday all over again, except with unlimited choices? I would be so nervous haha. I'll say espers. Definitely not Devin, at this point.

Double Linki: hmmm, your llama point is an interesting one. I had been pretty much dismissing the bussing theory of LC, because it seems dumb to sacrifice a player AND give up a NK as a baddie, no matter how much cred you'd get. Your point actually makes me feel LESS sure she's bad, even though for you it apparently makes her look more bad.

JJJ, I hosted that game, but I honestly don't remember. And idk how long fingers and BR have known each other, so idk if it's an Epi-reading-Elo-type, always right kinda thing, or a one-off, game-specific, contextual one. Sorry, but I have no input on the Econ mafia point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

espers wrote:voting sorsha

don't like some of the later votes on the devin wagon and straw's sorsha case was pretty compelling /piggybacking

no slight against the ppl defending sorsha, but you were wrong about lc, why should we believe you now?
Someone please tell me why the highlighted bit isn't one of the worst sentences in this thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Diiny, explain your vote for Devin immediately.
Was pushing to see if he'd respond. Doesn't look like it, does it? I haven't read the Devin case, all I really remember about him is that he tunnelled me in the early game
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Yeah, Dev's self-vote is irksome, particularly because there aren't many votes left to be cast, so if Devin's defeatism is supposed to be a town tell, a second wagon can't be pushed to surpass him in the tally, except if players move their votes, either third party voters onto the alternative choice or votes coming off Devin. If Devin's actually bad, the latter could be precisely what he's aiming for. Such modifications could in general also affect the outcome, by making it a close result, open to manipulations, as JJJ pointed out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
Was pushing to see if he'd respond. Doesn't look like it, does it? I haven't read the Devin case, all I really remember about him is that he tunnelled me in the early game
He just voted for himself, defying the rules and placing himself 2 votes in the lead, and declared he needed a replacement. Is this when it makes sense to reaction-bait? :suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I know that. Don't you find it weird that he would just have two browser tabs open on the home page of the site? Like, who does that?

That tab also says "View Topic", meaning he is reading one of the many forum topics on this site, possibly even another page in this thread. But also note he has a mysterious second window open.
Double Linki: hmmm, your llama point is an interesting one. I had been pretty much dismissing the bussing theory of LC, because it seems dumb to sacrifice a player AND give up a NK as a baddie, no matter how much cred you'd get. Your point actually makes me feel LESS sure she's bad, even though for you it apparently makes her look more bad.
No, that's not what I said. Splints and Llama have both pinged me individually. The fact that Llama was on the lynchwagon that day but LC got lynched does still make me feel likely Splints isn't a likely scum, but if Splints is scum, it does mean that LC was probably a bus job. I'm not saying that LC getting lynched makes Splints scummy and I'm not sure where you got that from. :suspish:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It was a closed setup with no roles listed, as I recall, for what it's worth.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
He just voted for himself, defying the rules and placing himself 2 votes in the lead, and declared he needed a replacement. Is this when it makes sense to reaction-bait? :suspish:
It would certainly be an ideal time to put a vote on him for self preservation knowing he's not going to defend himself anymore.

Kudos to you Jimmy for being the voice of the voiceless.

CM Punk reference #2 for the day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:fingersplints was highly aggressive against Black Rock in Economics Mafia. Turned out she was town and BR was mafia, so her read was accurate. Does anyone who played in or observed that game feel this parallel is meaningful?
To be fair to fingersplints (and Roxy), they both finished hosting a full game. I know what that's like, hosting and playing simultaneously.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Yeah, Dev's self-vote is irksome, particularly because there aren't many votes left to be cast, so if Devin's defeatism is supposed to be a town tell, a second wagon can't be pushed to surpass him in the tally, except if players move their votes, either third party voters onto the alternative choice or votes coming off Devin. If Devin's actually bad, the latter could be precisely what he's aiming for. Such modifications could in general also affect the outcome, by making it a close result, open to manipulations, as JJJ pointed out.
Hey, we could always lynch espers! :grin:

Need some alignment-reading credentials from LeaderJimmyJay?

~ Baddie-inclined read on LC
~ Town-inclined read on bea and Sorsha

Whatever happens I'll shoulder responsibility, as always before. :sparta:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
didn't realise he self voted, only saw that he asked for a replacement at the time. Still, though, there's some sense putting pressure on someone who self votes. Remember haterade's reaction to votes piling onto him after his little moment?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Black Rock »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:fingersplints was highly aggressive against Black Rock in Economics Mafia. Turned out she was town and BR was mafia, so her read was accurate. Does anyone who played in or observed that game feel this parallel is meaningful?
That's not the first incident. We are at odds frequently. Sometimes we are civ vs civ, sometimes she's bad and sometimes I am.

I'm having a day. When I say a day, I mean I have been very angry all day and want to punch someone in the face. I am only coming in here to vote. I am going to vote Devin.

I am going to leave the Roxy and Splints thing alone for now. It turns out some of the shit I was reading in Roxy had other things going on that I was unaware of. With respect to Roxy I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I deserve to die for various reasons.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Yeah, Dev's self-vote is irksome, particularly because there aren't many votes left to be cast, so if Devin's defeatism is supposed to be a town tell, a second wagon can't be pushed to surpass him in the tally, except if players move their votes, either third party voters onto the alternative choice or votes coming off Devin. If Devin's actually bad, the latter could be precisely what he's aiming for. Such modifications could in general also affect the outcome, by making it a close result, open to manipulations, as JJJ pointed out.
Hey, we could always lynch espers! :grin:

Need some alignment-reading credentials from LeaderJimmyJay?

~ Baddie-inclined read on LC
~ Town-inclined read on bea and Sorsha

Whatever happens I'll shoulder responsibility, as always before. :sparta:
Yeah no, tin foil version of that is: meticulous gradual bussing of LC and conscious defending of would-flip-civilians. Not ready to give you the leader crown yet.

I feel the same way about Epignosis, except in his case: WIFOM defending of LC and conscious defending of would-flip-civilians.

I can never find the time and strength so far to put a proper case on the two of you, but my gut is simply bursting that one of you, at least, is pulling a big one on us.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
didn't realise he self voted, only saw that he asked for a replacement at the time. Still, though, there's some sense putting pressure on someone who self votes. Remember haterade's reaction to votes piling onto him after his little moment?
I don't. Only refresh my memory if it is truly relevant, because I don't think this parallel makes sense.

Your vote was the 7th for Devin and gave him a near-commanding lead. I struggle to believe you when you tell me that you were "applying pressure". I know you could see the tally prior to that because you had your vote on me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:Epi, can you please link me to a few games you had a lot of posts in?
I gave some of these to FZ. earlier. Let me see if I can find the post...

Here is the relevant snippet, with links embedded:
Epignosis wrote:WWE: Loud and in charge and a civilian loser. (410 posts)
Death Note: Loud and rational and a civilian loser. (663 posts)

Someone once told me I should try being quiet and listen. I've gone that route a few times and I won my first full game ever as a civilian. Frisky Dingo, with 338 posts.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Yeah no, tin foil version of that is: meticulous gradual bussing of LC and conscious defending of would-flip-civilians. Not ready to give you the leader crown yet.
Yeah I know anything I say can be tin foiled, I don't care. Town needs to cooperate to win, and that means we have to have a little dang trust. Following me now is not equivalent to following me forever.
Ricochet wrote:I can never find the time and strength so far to put a proper case on the two of you, but my gut is simply bursting that one of you, at least, is pulling a big one on us.
Until you produce such a case, this is meaningless to me. I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect: I am just very thin on patience right now. We need to take command of this game before it slips out of reach. We're in a bad position.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
I don't. Only refresh my memory if it is truly relevant, because I don't think this parallel makes sense.

Your vote was the 7th for Devin and gave him a near-commanding lead. I struggle to believe you when you tell me that you were "applying pressure". I know you could see the tally prior to that because you had your vote on me.
Basically, he self voted and got put into the lead. Seeing that his tactic hadn't worked, he quickly had to weakly argue his way out of it, and a similar reaction could've happened. Also, a vote commands a certain amount of pressure regardless of the tally. Telling someone they're the scummiest player in the game always has some effect. Plus I have the leverage of being his apparent arch nemesis this game
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Black Rock wrote:I'm having a day. When I say a day, I mean I have been very angry all day and want to punch someone in the face. I am only coming in here to vote. I am going to vote Devin.
I hope your day improves, truly.

Please don't leave though without expanding on your vote. Why Devin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

May be having a brain fart, J, but tell me why that sentence of espers was so bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Yeah no, tin foil version of that is: meticulous gradual bussing of LC and conscious defending of would-flip-civilians. Not ready to give you the leader crown yet.
Yeah I know anything I say can be tin foiled, I don't care. Town needs to cooperate to win, and that means we have to have a little dang trust. Following me now is not equivalent to following me forever.
Ricochet wrote:I can never find the time and strength so far to put a proper case on the two of you, but my gut is simply bursting that one of you, at least, is pulling a big one on us.
Until you produce such a case, this is meaningless to me. I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect: I am just very thin on patience right now. We need to take command of this game before it slips out of reach. We're in a bad position.
Tell me what town cooperating looks like.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Basically, he self voted and got put into the lead. Seeing that his tactic hadn't worked, he quickly had to weakly argue his way out of it, and a similar reaction could've happened. Also, a vote commands a certain amount of pressure regardless of the tally. Telling someone they're the scummiest player in the game always has some effect. Plus I have the leverage of being his apparent arch nemesis this game
If it turns out that Devin has nothing to say, what is your intention?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I agree, but I also find the situation very uninspiring at the moment, as if in dire need of a second mafia flip instead of countless civ losses. Or at least I'm just feeling very uninspired myself, I've been very off so far in this game, to the point of wondering if I shouldn't reverse my reads to find the actual culprits. Which brings us to what I've previously said...but again, that's just gut.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Tell me what town cooperating looks like.
Transparency about all reads, playing with one's hand revealed to the thread, willingness to work alongside people who are not one's suspects despite the back-of-mind worry about being duped.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MacDougall wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

No, that's not what I said. Splints and Llama have both pinged me individually. The fact that Llama was on the lynchwagon that day but LC got lynched does still make me feel likely Splints isn't a likely scum, but if Splints is scum, it does mean that LC was probably a bus job. I'm not saying that LC getting lynched makes Splints scummy and I'm not sure where you got that from. :suspish:
Yeah, I misworded what i meant slightly. I think we agree that llama's position in that lynch makes fingers look better. However, you seem to think the bussing theory is still somewhat likely, whereas I think it's at best a remote possibility.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:I agree, but I also find the situation very uninspiring at the moment, as if in dire need of a second mafia flip instead of countless civ losses. Or at least I'm just feeling very uninspired myself, I've been very off so far in this game, to the point of wondering if I shouldn't reverse my reads to find the actual culprits. Which brings us to what I've previously said...but again, that's just gut.
I know we haven't played together much yet, but based on what I've seen I think you're an extremely capable townie both for your attention to detail and willingness to dig into hard data. If you're town, then smack yourself in the face, drink a protein shake, do 50 push ups, and stop accepting the hapless slaughter being performed by the baddies. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Russ, if the phase ended in 25 seconds and your vote was certain to secure the final kill, where would your vote go?
You posted this while I was trapped in linki, right? In case you missed it, espers. Although my mouse hand would be twitching about possibly going for Epi, as well.

Linki: Diiny, that sentence of espers' is bad because the conclusion doesn't follow from the fact. Someone being wrong once, especially in mafia, is a stupid reason to discount everything they ever say in the future.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:Linki: Diiny, that sentence of espers' is bad because the conclusion doesn't follow from the fact. Someone being wrong once, especially in mafia, is a stupid reason to discount everything they ever say in the future.
Yep! PLUS that bad assertion was based upon a false assertion: that the people defending Sorsha were also defending LC. Nope nope nope.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I agree, but I also find the situation very uninspiring at the moment, as if in dire need of a second mafia flip instead of countless civ losses. Or at least I'm just feeling very uninspired myself, I've been very off so far in this game, to the point of wondering if I shouldn't reverse my reads to find the actual culprits. Which brings us to what I've previously said...but again, that's just gut.
I know we haven't played together much yet, but based on what I've seen I think you're an extremely capable townie both for your attention to detail and willingness to dig into hard data. If you're town, then smack yourself in the face, drink a protein shake, do 50 push ups, and stop accepting the hapless slaughter being performed by the baddies. :srsnod:

Just so you know, you are dead meat post-game, if you just pep talked me as a baddie. :srsnod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Just so you know, you are dead meat post-game, if you just pep talked me as a baddie. :srsnod:
Wanna know a secret about JJJ's meta?

He's capable of making a million posts as a bad guy, but he has never poured his heart and soul into a game as a bad guy. He has not mastered that art yet.

I want to kill the scum forever and win and stuff. :omg:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Tell me what town cooperating looks like.
Transparency about all reads, playing with one's hand revealed to the thread, willingness to work alongside people who are not one's suspects despite the back-of-mind worry about being duped.
I raised an important question about Sorsha four times the day she got lynched and I think I got one response.

I think a large number of people aren't reading the thread.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”