[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Just so you know, you are dead meat post-game, if you just pep talked me as a baddie. :srsnod:
Wanna know a secret about JJJ's meta?

He's capable of making a million posts as a bad guy, but he has never poured his heart and soul into a game as a bad guy. He has not mastered that art yet.

I want to kill the scum forever and win and stuff. :omg:
You have no soul so that argument is moot. I'm sure you're an experiment devised by the American army like Facebook or LSD.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:My alignment? Who cares? My intentions? I want death.
I'll help the thread one last time. Right now there are 6 votes being wasted. Do with them what you will. But remember that I am guaranteed death now.
I care immensely about your alignment, and no matter what your alignment is killing yourself is a detriment to your team -- to people who are trying to win.
But if I'm destined to die by lynch, then my only course of action seems to be removing myself from the board, and giving the civilians a second chance to use their votes wisely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epi, what is your stance on Devin and espers right now?

Also, the current tally is shenanigan-central. I think it's moving in the right direction, but more is needed.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

I just want to see a coin flip tbh, I'm with macdoug on this one.

Also macdoug I don't think I've ever played with you on RYM but I like your style. :beer:
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:You have no soul so that argument is moot. I'm sure you're an experiment devised by the American army like Facebook or LSD.
XD

Choutas, is this man scum?
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:My alignment? Who cares? My intentions? I want death.
I'll help the thread one last time. Right now there are 6 votes being wasted. Do with them what you will. But remember that I am guaranteed death now.
I care immensely about your alignment, and no matter what your alignment is killing yourself is a detriment to your team -- to people who are trying to win.
But if I'm destined to die by lynch, then my only course of action seems to be removing myself from the board, and giving the civilians a second chance to use their votes wisely.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What do you mean? MP stated your punishment would be rendered if you survive, like it has been with the other self-voters. You're not going to be modkilled before this lynch is finalized.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I will point out that espers isn't the only other option, if you feel it isn't civ friendly. There are enough votes scattered across the board to open up the possibility of a coordinated vote move. You 6 (or fewer) have the ability to control this lynch. Although time is short now.

Linki: that was before I requested a replacement. I'm not giving him a choice.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epi, what is your stance on Devin and espers right now?

Also, the current tally is shenanigan-central. I think it's moving in the right direction, but more is needed.
:sigh:

I wasn't planning on moving my vote.

I voted Devin to save Sorsha, and I could vote espers to save Devin.

None of this is ideal to me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

The Floyd

RYMer, totally new to the game of forums Mafia let alone the Syndicate. Has had heaps of "mental shit" going on. Has posted like a noob. Potential scumslips though including this one;
TheFloyd73 wrote:Also, Strawhenge, I find it amusing that we're rivals on here but kinda friendly on RYM.
Very low content otherwise. Hard to read. If you put stock in scumslips he looks bad. Otherwise is a null read.

Suspects elohcin but currently has vote on MattF for what appears to be admitted OMGUS.

Strawhenge

Got caught being busy at the start of the game, which I find a huge scum tell. :goofp:

Once Straw got into the groove he has shown some really genuine townie scum hunting in his posts but again has gone awol so is going to go back to struggling. Tried to do reads and only got through like half of them. Has been guilty of NOT READING THREAD. Pretty solid town read though.

Sig

I actually think Sig looks the best around the LC lynch, but I hate that this guy who I have a real good town read on, just like Strawhenge, entertained MattF's case without a critical eye.

You two, you are very solid town reads. PLEASE CONTRIBUTE MORE.

So I've read these three and it just makes me depressed. All three are town reads to me. One is a noob that I can see easily being mislynched and the other two are not trying enough considering I think they are the towniest players in the game aside from JJJ.

Strawhenge, Sig, get yo fuck in here.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:

You won't be saving me. I can't be saved.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Breaking the rules on purpose is not a strategy and will not be tolerated.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:

You had at least an "eww" to offer with regards to espers. Does that not inspire you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Revised espers. Frustrating content to analyse, in its scarcity and train of thoughts. Some questioning seems to fit a personal hunting method (use of meta, odd behavioural findings), but at the same time it's not very rooted in the game or saying much or developed much. Epignosis said espers was a busser as a mafioso, which so far cannot be confirmed her (in fact, he rather made a no stance on LC or the issue around him) - but it makes me wonder if changing the tactic isn't part of the tactic.

Few things stick out:

-- talking about Flowers' tactics. This is very cognizant speculation, considering that this was in fact what LC, as Flowers, did with his vote on D1.
-- his defense on choosing LC as CEO assistant representative, in which he calls it random. however, he also mentions "consciously avoiding people who were leading the tally". I remember BWT being voted one time for seemingly influencing the end result of that Dusk 0. What if we have a baddie who stayed put in espers? A mafia flip from him would also be very intriguing concerning which leading player(s?) did he "consciously avoided" voting, exactly. :mafia:
-- his first vote(s) seemed solid enough, but since D3, it feels he's just been slapping them. He has yet to vote today (or even show up). His Day 4 vote looks iffy, but actually requires context of Devin's flip in order to tell if it was a save for him. if not, it was just slapped in there, just like the D3 late vote for me - I know I'm good, so I can assess this one, at least; since all the other D3 wagons proved civ (Golden, Sorsha), it was a clear no-farks-given-copying-others-suspish vote on me.

Anyway, I'll support the vote on espers.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Breaking the rules on purpose is not a strategy and will not be tolerated.
Okay. I will say no more, then.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You had at least an "eww" to offer with regards to espers. Does that not inspire you?
I've learned over the years that "scummy posts" do not mean "scummy roles."

I remain entrenched in my view that MacDougall has pulled a confidence trick, and I have said before that I don't like false dilemmas.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Breaking the rules on purpose is not a strategy and will not be tolerated.
Okay. I will say no more, then.
The rule breakage is your self-vote, not what you are saying. :disappoint:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You're not top wagon anymore, Devin. Are you still going to die? :shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I've learned over the years that "scummy posts" do not mean "scummy roles."

I remain entrenched in my view that MacDougall has pulled a confidence trick, and I have said before that I don't like false dilemmas.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Diiny wrote:I just want to see a coin flip tbh, I'm with macdoug on this one.

Also macdoug I don't think I've ever played with you on RYM but I like your style. :beer:
This confuses me. My vote is on you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I've learned over the years that "scummy posts" do not mean "scummy roles."

I can understand the highlighted material. I do think though that the Mac lynch is not a likely result to this phase, and pursuing it right now is a statement more than a true motion. If there are people present right now that feel differently and want Mac lynched, they should speak and tell me I'm wrong on that front.

What do you mean exactly by "confidence trick"? I've been reading this MacDougall controversy a bit like I think some TSers were reading the LC controversy. The people who know him generally aren't bothered, and the people who don't know him are bothered. I do realize how that worked out the first time, so I'm willing to hear you out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'll just say, I've added to my losing my shit post-game list the eventuality of Devin having survived this one with such a trick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

*has a meltdown and self votes*

Now will you unvote me Epi?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

This is shifty as f*ck but since nobody is voting MacD, I want my vote to count.

I'll take a thread consensus - Devin, Espers, or write in your favorite lynch candidate. At about 5:23 I'll switch it up.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here's a quick ISO of espers to see what I can come up with.

Dusk 0: Votes for Long Con and motel room. Long Con is a known baddie, but this could just be a favor-vote for nightkilling him in espers' only other game on this site.
espers wrote:hello. voted aokiji/motel room and Long Con.
Day 1: Asks if the Syndicaters had a Day 0 thread. WIFOM to look at and consider if he would have known through BTSC or not.
espers wrote:did the syndicate players have their own private day 0 thread? anything happen there?
Day 1: Comment on the RYM Day 0 thread. Defends seaside's absence, and looks at Choutas for defending seaside's "banter". Espers' knowledge of the rules is not surprising since he is a host himself.
espers wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Seaside was the most active poster and asked a ton of questions.
Interesting. I don't think he posted once yet in the main game.
he's currently at the nrl grand final down in sydney, he mentioned this in the day 0 thread.

one thing that might be of note: he asked strawhenge if he had any special abilities in that thread. i asked him about it and he appeared not to know about the infodumping rules (or any of what was mentioned in the first posts of the signup thread)

choutas replied to this exchange, saying that scumslips weren't very common and that seaside's original question read to him as frivolous/banter. that seemed a bit incongruous to me, i'd like choutas to explain it. i might be misremembering the particulars though, wish i could look back over it
Day 1: Asks llama why he asked a question to the thread without providing his own opinion. There's a certain attention to detail here that makes me think that llama/splints and espers cannot be on the same team.
espers wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Question for the group:
Was Bea's reaction to one early, changeable vote an overreaction or an appropriate reaction?
Discuss.

Current track: Brian Eno - Sparrowfall (3) (1:24)
i read it as more of a reaction to the reasoning behind the vote than the fact of the vote itself, so on that level it didn't seem like an overreaction.

i am curious about why you'd want to broadcast a leading question like this into the thread without espousing your own position, though.
Day 1: Votes seaside for calling Macdougall the rogue, and offering a comparison to another game where a mafia member called a player out as the rogue. Looks good to me.
espers wrote:
espers wrote:
seaside wrote: 2. Lynch Mac for having it all worked Putin day 0 but not doing a thing to help town in ANY way but to boast. I reakon he is the rogue.
what makes you think he's the rogue? wouldn't he be more likely to be mafia if he's anti-town?
this is reminding me overwhelmingly of when osokoi/longford made a similarly inexplicable rogue read on a player in rym 87, and he was mafia.

voting seaside
espers wrote:he's not even posted itt, all i remember from the day 0 thread were a couple of ot posts
there's not enough material to make a judgement, but it seems absurd to make the call that he's a likely rogue candidate at this point

linki: he made a post along the lines of "3 pages in and i already have this game solved" and complained about choutas's treatment of him in his rap

the former seems to be what seaside's basing his suspicion of, he can correct me if i'm wrong
Day 1: Asks Golden how llama is being "on par". It's a fair question. Calls Jay's vote uneasy. I don't have time to look for said vote. He also rescinds on his seaside vote and votes Russti instead "to make things interesting".
espers wrote:
Golden wrote:Oh, and on topic, for those who don't know llama I find his conduct to be pretty on par for llama so far.
could you expand on this? the only time i played with him, he grilled (scum) sloonei hard, ended up getting him lynched, and was killed night 1. i've not really seen anything resembling that here.
Choutas wrote:Ignorant question: Is sig syndicate's sodr?

Also the spoiler tag is blinding me can you change the color of it somehow?
reading through sig's posts i was thinking "it's too bad sodr didn't end up signing up". :haha:

jjj's vote makes me uneasy about him, sig is the kind of player i'd expect him to qualify as an "easy-button lynch option" and be more leery of pushing on.
Golden wrote:
espers wrote:
espers wrote:
seaside wrote: 2. Lynch Mac for having it all worked Putin day 0 but not doing a thing to help town in ANY way but to boast. I reakon he is the rogue.
what makes you think he's the rogue? wouldn't he be more likely to be mafia if he's anti-town?
this is reminding me overwhelmingly of when osokoi/longford made a similarly inexplicable rogue read on a player in rym 87, and he was mafia.

voting seaside
To be fair, the player he was referring to in that game (JJJ) was a rogue... Although I see your point in that calling someone out for being a rogue can be another way of saying 'I read them as bad, but I know they aren't on my team, so what else can they be?'

I did want to know why MacDougall is working with Putin, though.
actually, at that point he wasn't a rogue; he was recruited in night 2, that post was in day 2. that aspect is sort of immaterial, though.
MacDougall wrote:Can I point out that there is a player out there with this scum role.

"(Nothing But) Flowers – Can't get used to the lifestyle brought about by the new players. Its vote is worth x3 against players from the opposite forum. It cannot be harmed by night powers used by players from the same forum. If it carries out the kill, it cannot kill players from the same forum."
it's worth noting that if that player is voting now, they're probably voting someone from the same forum to avoid drawing attention on the tally, since there are no other vote manipulation things going on at this point iirc.

changing my vote to russ to make things interesting. i won't be back on till after deadline, at which point i'll have more to say about jjj and llama.
Night 1: Well now he feels differently about Jay then before.
espers wrote:looking through jay's history in an attempt at a read and i'm not really sure i'm seeing the same things i was before. going to have to reevaluate, maybe i'll sleep on it.

gotta love procrastination.
Day 2: Near the deadline, espers apologizes for his absence, then makes a weird comment at the end. "Who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?"

I don't know what to think of this comment tbh. I want to say it looks sketchy, but I don't understand it.

espers later votes for llama for his loaded question. 4 minutes later, he reemphasizes his previous psot
espers wrote:hey people. sorry for abscence, had a 25% assignment to do for today so i've been avoiding internet stuff.
3 hours till deadline, do i have that right?
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
espers wrote:llama's question about the bea/long con thing struck me as loaded, possibly misdirective without making a real stance, as i alluded to here

golden called llama on-meta in one of his readthrough posts, i asked about this, saying i didn't consider him so. he (golden) didn't respond but it was in a multiquote so that's not too alarming. i stand by my earlier meta judgement of llama though, i've seen nothing to diminish it.

voting thellama73
espers wrote:
espers wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
i'd like to see this answered soon tbh. if it's not totally clear: you mentioned "two that are the most likely to actually be lynched", and implied they weren't good choices. one is obviously brian. who is the other leading lynch candidate you're talking about?
Night 2: espers calls the LC lynch cool.
espers wrote:cool result. i'll go back and address things i've not caught up on when i'm on my comp.
Day 3: Asks Jay what he implying about Sorsha's lynch-wagon.

Then asks why RadicalFuzz fears getting the guillotuine.

Then asks Golden to answer a question that DrWilgy asked. Kinda weird considering that espers voting llama for not answering his own question, but directed someone else's question to yet another player.
espers wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:So JJJ, Why do you think lynching Sorsha is a mistake?
I wouldn't use such strong language as "it's a mistake" quite yet, but I am beginning to doubt the case against her. I feel her content reflects her explanation of that content very acutely, and in a way that isn't easy to simply read-and-report. I also think she has done a nice job of answering questions with believable and meaningful content -- I am reminded of my earlier conversations with sig who I'd suspected and more recently began to trust.

There's also the fact that 7 votes poured onto Sorsha without a hint of resistance.

What are your current misgivings about Sorsha in light of the defenses she has provided most recently in response to my queries?
what kind of resistance would you expect to see if she's town? or are you implying you think there's scum involvement on her wagon?
espers wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Disclaimer: While I have subbed in, I will be unavailable for the most part until either Sunday night or Monday morning. I have a little time in between, but I imagine most of that will be catching up. Just keep that in mind, whether you decide to lynch me or leave me be until I get caught up.
why are you worried about being lynched so soon after replacing in?
espers wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Welcome Fuzz. Good to see you.

Has anyone not posted since LC's lynch? I may have missed it but I haven't seen MM post in awhile. I wonder where my companion has gone...

JJJ and Seaside, how did LC's flip affect your stance on Bcornett if at all?
i'd like golden to answer this last question too.
Day 3: Calls out DrWilgy for attempting vote analysis without following up on it.

I agree with espers here.
espers wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:snip
not a fan of posts like this. it's a whole bunch of nice-looking content without making any organic stances. this isn't the sort of game that can be solved with algorithms.

i don't say that vote analysis like this can't be worthwhile but here wilgy seems to use it as a crutch in lieu of "traditional" scumhunting, as evinced by his vote for golden without other reasoning. avoiding accountability while putting forth a supertown facade.

sorry for relatively flowery language, one of those moods i guess :noble:
Night 3: Tells Golden to post as much content as possible in case he gets nightkilled. I guess if Golden's role was that clear to everyone, his point does have some meaning.

Is this the post that I've seen speculation about before?
espers wrote:i hope golden gets a chance to post as much content as possible before night is out. just, you know, in case :mafia:
Day 4: Asks if Jay has ever experience burnout from mafia before.

To answer that question, he mentioned it in both Recruitment and BoB, both as civilians.
espers wrote:has jjj ever complained of mafia burnout/tiredness inhibiting his ability to play before?
Day 4: Calls the players who defended Sorsha wrong, and used gambler's fallacy as the logic for it. Not good.

He also piggybacked the case on Sorsha.
espers wrote:voting sorsha

don't like some of the later votes on the devin wagon and straw's sorsha case was pretty compelling /piggybacking

no slight against the ppl defending sorsha, but you were wrong about lc, why should we believe you now?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I've learned over the years that "scummy posts" do not mean "scummy roles."

I can understand the highlighted material. I do think though that the Mac lynch is not a likely result to this phase, and pursuing it right now is a statement more than a true motion. If there are people present right now that feel differently and want Mac lynched, they should speak and tell me I'm wrong on that front.

What do you mean exactly by "confidence trick"? I've been reading this MacDougall controversy a bit like I think some TSers were reading the LC controversy. The people who know him generally aren't bothered, and the people who don't know him are bothered. I do realize how that worked out the first time, so I'm willing to hear you out.
We've already talked about it. We disagree.

I should also say that two people I want to lynch are in the Devin camp, and two people I want to lynch are in the espers camp.

Not sure how to feel about that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, I just want to say you guys misuse the term "WIFOM" a lot a lot. It doesn't mean lying or misleading someone.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Choutas, Diiny, Epignosis, MacDougall, Metalmarsh89, Ricochet

All of you are in the thread.

Who should I switch my vote to?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Also, I just want to say you guys misuse the term "WIFOM" a lot a lot. It doesn't mean lying or misleading someone.
I think it appears that way because we tend to skip beating around the bush and get right to the point: WIFOM behavior is that which is naturally going to inspire "would he/she do that as scum?!"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Also, I just want to say you guys misuse the term "WIFOM" a lot a lot. It doesn't mean lying or misleading someone.
I think it appears that way because we tend to skip beating around the bush and get right to the point: WIFOM behavior is that which is naturally going to inspire "would he/she do that as scum?!"
Then it's a meaningless phrase, as I've always maintained. :D
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What did I learn after reading espers?

His content is weird. I understand the description of "eww" provided by other players. Espers made a few comments that don't have good motivation behind them from what I have read. The context is weird, the direction of the comments is weird.

Linki @ Epignosis: Who are "you guys"?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:You have no soul so that argument is moot. I'm sure you're an experiment devised by the American army like Facebook or LSD.
XD

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Depends on his character and I don't have data to determine that. It's possible he's been doing it in order to minimize the damage of getting modkilled later in the game. It's a possibility I find it a bit unsettling he hasn't said to us why he needs to be replaced. If he told us in the correct time he would have looked much better.
I had him pegged as scum for two days straight. It suits my reads so maybe you need to ask for people who think he's on the neutral pile.
We've seen people pull late moment stunts before. If you're accepting the Devin lynch please throw some votes extra to ensure the lynch.
If you're gonna lynch someone make a good knot.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Matt F wrote:Choutas, Diiny, Epignosis, MacDougall, Metalmarsh89, Ricochet

Lynch the scummiest. Champions don't falter.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Most importantly: tomato and basil wins.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Choutas wrote:

The scummiest are MacD and Floyd. Neither are going to be lynched today.

Thought I'd have some fun with my vote today, but no takers, so it'll prolly remain on MacD unless someone wants to offer a better choice?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you trust me, please vote espers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Most importantly: tomato and basil wins.
I don't think David Byrne wrote a song about that did he?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
XD

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Depends on his character and I don't have data to determine that. It's possible he's been doing it in order to minimize the damage of getting modkilled later in the game. It's a possibility I find it a bit unsettling he hasn't said to us why he needs to be replaced. If he told us in the correct time he would have looked much better.
I had him pegged as scum for two days straight. It suits my reads so maybe you need to ask for people who think he's on the neutral pile.
We've seen people pull late moment stunts before. If you're accepting the Devin lynch please throw some votes extra to ensure the lynch.
If you're gonna lynch someone make a good knot.
I'm not accepting it. Death to espers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Specifically point where you think it's been misused please.

You switching your vote after saying you unequivocally were not going to means you realise your case against me was wrong I assume?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

DrWilgy.
I gave the guy a standing ovation cause I believed that post would be followed by some kind of explanation of the algorithm or followed with more analysis for posterioty in case what he says proved to be helpful.
Right now I have him in the neutral pile. I could really understand someone having him as scum though.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

vote Espers
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Espers

I forgot to bold earlier.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:You switching your vote after saying you unequivocally were not going to means you realise your case against me was wrong I assume?
I believe you were part of the contest and won, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're the SK. I still think my theory is possible and I think your reaction it proves that you saw something in it, as well.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Choutas wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

DrWilgy.
I gave the guy a standing ovation cause I believed that post would be followed by some kind of explanation of the algorithm or followed with more analysis for posterioty in case what he says proved to be helpful.
Right now I have him in the neutral pile. I could really understand someone having him as scum though.
He is a might fun individual (and may or may not be a doctor), but I hope he can follow through.

Also, I just want to say, RadicalFuzz is a very reassuring presence in this game. I'm glad he replaced in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for your faith folks. I am hopeful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:
Choutas wrote:

The scummiest are MacD and Floyd. Neither are going to be lynched today.

Thought I'd have some fun with my vote today, but no takers, so it'll prolly remain on MacD unless someone wants to offer a better choice?
I could easily get lynched today. If I were you I reckon I could get me lynched. Epi reckons when he gets sus on someone they die. Let's see it, he's posting right now. Choutas always loves to tunnel me when he gets a whiff, he's here now. Elohcin isn't here to remove her vote. There are scum here that would love to jump on a mislynch wagon and Devin and Espers are likely to self pres vote. I could easily get lynched and if that's your reason for moving your vote off me it doesn't bode well for your genuine nature or your belief in your own case.

Come at me.

linki: Yeah I saw something in it ... :nicenod:
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:You switching your vote after saying you unequivocally were not going to means you realise your case against me was wrong I assume?
I believe you were part of the contest and won, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're the SK. I still think my theory is possible and I think your reaction it proves that you saw something in it, as well.
If he's not the SK he has no reason to deny the contest. It isn't telling of anybody's alignment.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Most importantly: tomato and basil wins.
I don't think David Byrne wrote a song about that did he?
I'd imagine Morrissey, but not Byrne.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry I keep calling elohcin a girl...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Specifically point where you think it's been misused please.
That would take too long. It's almost all of the times.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”