[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I dunno. I've been wrong before.

:shrug:
I find your insistence that MacDougall is town more disturbing than the votes against him.

MacDougall even said sticking to Day 2 reads is foolish (implying you are foolish), but does not have any qualm with your townread of him. This scenario feels uncomfortable to me. Tell me why we shouldn't lynch you and/or MacDougall.
I don't care how my read reflects on me. I've arrived upon it by what I perceive to be logical interpretation of thread evidence, and I have tested it my own way in recent phases.

We've lynched three townies in a row, and if I think there's a high chance we're headed for #4 then I am going to resist that. I haven't felt the cases presented against him have been logical, and I don't think his responses to those cases have been suspicious.

If I'm wrong, screw it I deserve to face whatever pressure follows.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote: WHY do you think I'm a serial killer?
Just a meta thing. Every single game I've seen with you, you go after people HARD. When you're civ it's because you feel like the righteous right hand of a vengeful god bent on bringing destruction to evildoers, and when you're bad it's because you have the confidence of someone with a team backing them up. I'm not seeing that level of confident Epi right now.

Plus Mac is after you hard for being the SK, and I think he might be evil. You said yourself that baddies have the biggest incentive to get the SK out, so it makes sense.

Linki: Yeah, I do think that's rare. Opportunistic bussing is way more common.

If Mac turns out to be bad, then Russ' theory could be true. I agree that Epi has been less confident this game. He himself said he was being more "observant". But didn't Epi go after Mac as being the SK first and try to get him lynched for that? I don;t think that would be smart move on Epi's part b/c he wold be untrusted once Mac was proved to not be the SK.

And now I will vote Mac. His responses to the accusations against him continue to ping me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

JJJ, you said we had 3 mislynches and we're headed for #4. The previous 3 were more or less following the same path of judgement, the one I'm proposing is on the different side of the spectrum. If you are saying paths A and B are wrong, then give me path C or D of hunting LC's teammates, the six of them. Give me logical, if logical is what you stand for.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Just a meta thing. Every single game I've seen with you, you go after people HARD. When you're civ it's because you feel like the righteous right hand of a vengeful god bent on bringing destruction to evildoers, and when you're bad it's because you have the confidence of someone with a team backing them up. I'm not seeing that level of confident Epi right now.

Plus Mac is after you hard for being the SK, and I think he might be evil. You said yourself that baddies have the biggest incentive to get the SK out, so it makes sense.

If Mac turns out to be bad, then Russ' theory could be true. I agree that Epi has been less confident this game. He himself said he was being more "observant". But didn't Epi go after Mac as being the SK first and try to get him lynched for that? I don;t think that would be smart move on Epi's part b/c he wold be untrusted once Mac was proved to not be the SK.

And now I will vote Mac. His responses to the accusations against him continue to ping me.
No. I think MacDougall is a co-conspirator with Long Con. I don't think serial killers can be caught in the first half of a game outside of luck, so I don't bother hunting them until Mafia are eliminated.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mac has been asked by a second person other than me what info or joy did he get out of requesting Sorsha's lynch. What he answered makes no sense. He also added something about ignoring Epi because of seeing him have murderous intent.
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You wanted Sorsha's head for information.

What information do you have?
That you missed a kill last night.
MacBaddie is clearly at a loss for words.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac had a pretty obvious reason for responding to Epi in that way. Why are you not acknowledging it?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

No. I think MacDougall is a co-conspirator with Long Con. I don't think serial killers can be caught in the first half of a game outside of luck, so I don't bother hunting them until Mafia are eliminated.
This actually makes a lot of sense. We definitely have more chances of lynching a mafia over the rogue. A case of a possible scum is more likely to be true than a theory of someone being a rogue so they should take precedence.
linki: McBaddie the kangaroo rider who chases crime.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mac had a pretty obvious reason for responding to Epi in that way. Why are you not acknowledging it?
He still has to justify a previous case or plead, it's not just about Epi. Why do evasive maneuvers so much, if you are claiming to be civvie?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis, what convinced you to lynch MacDougall over BR today?

Elohcin, why'd you bold your vote but not place it in the poll? :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:JJJ, you said we had 3 mislynches and we're headed for #4. The previous 3 were more or less following the same path of judgement, the one I'm proposing is on the different side of the spectrum. If you are saying paths A and B are wrong, then give me path C or D of hunting LC's teammates, the six of them. Give me logical, if logical is what you stand for.
There is no uniform path. Everything is contextual.

Sometimes baddies defend their team mates. Sometimes baddies bus their team mates. Sometimes baddies ignore their team mates.

The job of the townie is to judge all of those things within the proper thread context and determine which one happens when. The correct answer is not A or B or C or D, it is all of the above.

I do think one or more of LC's team mates bussed him, or at least created distance. I don't think it was an elaborate, organized operation, but I'd imagine someone on his team opposed him at some point.

I don't think the evidence supports Mac being that person.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mac had a pretty obvious reason for responding to Epi in that way. Why are you not acknowledging it?
He still has to justify a previous case or plead, it's not just about Epi. Why do evasive maneuvers so much, if you are claiming to be civvie?
Why quit and get modkilled if you are civvie?

Why ignore accusations if you are civvie?

Why act indignant if you are civvie?

Why be sarcastic if you are civvie?

This crap happens in every game. Townies do them all. So do scum. Meh.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ture

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:JJJ, you said we had 3 mislynches and we're headed for #4. The previous 3 were more or less following the same path of judgement, the one I'm proposing is on the different side of the spectrum. If you are saying paths A and B are wrong, then give me path C or D of hunting LC's teammates, the six of them. Give me logical, if logical is what you stand for.
There is no uniform path. Everything is contextual.

Sometimes baddies defend their team mates. Sometimes baddies bus their team mates. Sometimes baddies ignore their team mates.

The job of the townie is to judge all of those things within the proper thread context and determine which one happens when. The correct answer is not A or B or C or D, it is all of the above.

I do think one or more of LC's team mates bussed him, or at least created distance. I don't think it was an elaborate, organized operation, but I'd imagine someone on his team opposed him at some point.

I don't think the evidence supports Mac being that person.
It's not about there being a correct angle, it's about angle A having brought us three mislynches (and major wagons all civ, mind you) and you saying angle B isn't good either. It must mean you're seeing other alternatives, then. Or if angle B isn't good simply for Mac alone, then give me an idea of who it might be good you.

Couldn't agree more with your third paragraph, it's basically what I've scanned for myself so far. Give me a suspect of yours, from this perspective.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't say angle B is bad. I said I think Mac is the wrong answer to angle B.

My suspect is Black Rock. See my prior ISO. I have to go to work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Why quit and get modkilled if you are civvie?

Why ignore accusations if you are civvie?

Why act indignant if you are civvie?

Why be sarcastic if you are civvie?

This crap happens in every game. Townies do them all. So do scum. Meh.
Generalising. Meh.

I'm specifically invested in wanting to know why Mac has pleaded for a Sorsha lynch for sake of getting ulterior information, even in the off-change she flips civilian, to which I don't recall Mac arguing anything after the flip itself and is evasive in answering when questioned, multiple times.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Eloh, make sure to vote in the poll.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, what convinced you to lynch MacDougall over BR today?
I only have one vote. I'd lynch both of them at the same time if I could.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

The main reason to lynch Mac, for me, is because he wanted to lynch Sorsha to get information either way, as Rico said. However, he never actually said what kind of information he would get from the lynch. His reactions to Matt's SK accusation read town to me. That's enough for me to hesitate. In the meantime I'm pursuing Wilgy, and that's gotten nowhere. Mac, I believe it was, who asked me to put in effort on post analysis, had nothing to say. Wilgy had pretty much nothing to say. Nobody cares about Wilgy. That makes me feel marginally worse about Wilgy.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I care about Wilgy tbh.

Why does that make you marginally worse about Wilgy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy and JaggedJimmyJay: did you fellows gain or learn anything that you are permitted to share from being elected as (assistants to the) CEO?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:DrWilgy and JaggedJimmyJay: did you fellows gain or learn anything that you are permitted to share from being elected as (assistants to the) CEO?
Top secret clearance required.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

RadicalFuzz wrote:The main reason to lynch Mac, for me, is because he wanted to lynch Sorsha to get information either way, as Rico said. However, he never actually said what kind of information he would get from the lynch. His reactions to Matt's SK accusation read town to me. That's enough for me to hesitate. In the meantime I'm pursuing Wilgy, and that's gotten nowhere. Mac, I believe it was, who asked me to put in effort on post analysis, had nothing to say. Wilgy had pretty much nothing to say. Nobody cares about Wilgy. That makes me feel marginally worse about Wilgy.
Matt's SK theory on Matt was faulty and unlikely, so of course his rebuttals are genuine. Even I don't believe in that theory, nor that Mac acted caught on redhanded as the SK.

That's because he's mafia. :p
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:The main reason to lynch Mac, for me, is because he wanted to lynch Sorsha to get information either way, as Rico said. However, he never actually said what kind of information he would get from the lynch. His reactions to Matt's SK accusation read town to me. That's enough for me to hesitate. In the meantime I'm pursuing Wilgy, and that's gotten nowhere. Mac, I believe it was, who asked me to put in effort on post analysis, had nothing to say. Wilgy had pretty much nothing to say. Nobody cares about Wilgy. That makes me feel marginally worse about Wilgy.
Thank you for caring about Wilgy Fuzz, you are a good friend! ༼ ಥ ᗜ ಥ ༽
Wilgy does care about what Wilgy has to say, we should lynch mac then the pieces will come together.
Why does no one caring about Wilgy make Wilgy bad Wilgy?

I finally have a computer! I'm going to try to do as much as I can!
Ricochet wrote: -- This entire thing is fairly decontextualized, given lack of Day specifications and such. Matt's example below will be sort of proof of this decontextualization.
-- Sorsha is confirmed civ, I think we can stop suspecting her. ;)
-- Eloh's votes range from non-committal vibe (left-field late Sorsha vote on D2, amidst the b24-LC wagon; solo very early vote on Zebra D3) to suddenly making an impact D4 (7th vote for the main wagon, pushing it further). Today she's contributing to a wagon, as well. Stats-wise, I'd say this pings.
-- Matt's appearences are made to look the worst, but it's actually more drumming on Sorsha until he finally helped mislynched her. Don't know what to make of this, if he's bad, the votes feel like dormant until the momentum finally came for a mislynch. Similar to Eloh, in fact. Would either/both of team take such risks, on D4, knowing they would contribue to a mislynch.
-- Diiny's D4 vote is either a total stinkbomb, for a civ, or a blunder, for a baddie.
-- Sig's votes make the bad vibes return, especially recalling his D1 BWT vote on partial grounds of being "most suspicious" (when in fact his posts would inspire more the idea that LC, a confirmed mafia, would be his "most suspicious" at that point). D2 he's very quickly back on track there with the vote on LC. Now there's also his D3 Golden vote, which I specifically remember it being a switch from me, because of suddenly finding me genuine in my defense fight. I'm damn well civ, so "suddenly"? Hmm.

Question is, though, what are your ideas coming out of this.
My thoughts coming out of this is that Matt F and Elo are most likely not scum.
Diiny wrote:Wilgy only casing LC before the deadline makes me feel uneasy. My tinfoil is gently screaming into my ear that it could be a bus. It does seem at least somewhat of an original, well phrased and thought through read/case, though, so that's making me feel better. I feel ambivilent about his use of questions; on one hand they suggest a Wilgy who is keen to let a townie long con have a chance to defend himself, but at the same time they're very close to the deadline to the point that their effectiveness at doing so is severely diminished.

Wilgy puts a lot of effort into, as I accused epi of doing earlier, doing the work. That is, objective, stats based work that doesn't require putting out reads per se, letting you appear civ/involved without actually making you liable for any bad shit that happens.

Plus I don't even think he's a real doctor.

cure my overactive scumroid gland if you think that's the case, Wilgy, and give me a read on RadicalFuzz so far, even though it's difficult to read him.
I like Fuzz's interactions with a majority of players, he feels like he's trying to get a general feel for who is teamed up with one another. I would put him under the yellow category of players.
RadicalFuzz wrote:The reversed question also applies to Wilgy. Ignoring the possibility of J3 being lynched, what night phase do you think he will get killed?
I do not believe he will get night killed.
Choutas wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Only responses to 4 things to go! Holy shit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:How many players are in RYM games normally?
15-22 or so. This is the biggest game in RYM mafia history.
Hooray for records!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Football is about to happen, and the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals are more important than this headache. BBL. :P
You like Swedish women AND the Bengals? Are we the same person?? :faint:
Choutas wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Mac, Matt, Fuzz and Floyd, who did you target last night?

We had a fail kill and no psycho killer. Chances are one of y'all intervined, possibly in both, and y'all should know how. JJJ you should know as well.

I will explain everything as soon as I'm back from the renaissance festival.

JJJ, no beef, got much love for ya.
MacDougall wrote:It should be rather obvious who I would target Wilgy...
DrWilgy wrote:Does that count? As far as I'm concerned you could be lying.

You stating who you targeted is not 100% truth. Nor is it revealed by any role powers, simply actions that happened over tge course of the night. MODS HELP.
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How did missing your night kill make you feel?
Mac, how sure of this are you?

Floyd, Fuzz, or Matt, did epi miss a night kill?
MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How did missing your night kill make you feel?
Mac, how sure of this are you?

Floyd, Fuzz, or Matt, did epi miss a night kill?
I am very sure.
This is mafia interaction calling it. Mac and Wilgy are in this together :eye: It wouldn't surprise me if all four are a mafia team. TheProfessional had done something similar on rym(the nation game?)
Choutas, can you clarify? I agree that the whole interaction is very weird and makes little sense. You're saying Mac, Wilgy, Floyd, Fuzz, and Matt are all bad, and they're subtly dropping info into the thread because they somehow know Epi is the SK, and want to get the thread onto him instead of themselves?

Again, I'm just not sure how or why that would happen, just trying to get clarification on what people's thoughts on this are.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:How many players are in RYM games normally?
15-22 or so. This is the biggest game in RYM mafia history.
This game needs at least half an hour every day to catch up. It began with 34 players and 48 hours dayphases. There's just too much stuff to process and it's so much that I can't seem to get anything by it. The vocal players are hidden between thousands upon thousands of words. Seriously let's go back to the old days people.
To reiterate: :srsnod:

Whew! With that I am caught up. Sorry again for the multiposts.
Firstly that Wilgy and Mac might be pulling shit together. Wilgy bringing his scummate into question that is really staged up. Secondly questioning the other scummers in a web of interaction that could be used later on as ""I brought him into question" etc.
I won't lie it's a very ballsy move to make and I don't have the TS crew as RYM G's staging crazy ass gambits.
I'll be voting only so I can watch the results without clicking show results everytime.
Choutas, do tell, how does me pointing out a contradiction made by Mac earlier feel staged? I believe Mac is scum, but it has nothing to do with these SK questions.
Matt F wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Wilgy - What are your thoughts on Floyd, Bullzeye, and Strawhenge? If you've made a recent post about them, you can direct me there.
I honestly have not looked into them, nor have I cared to do so. I get a dangerous tone vibe from Floyd due to the lack of relevant posting.
Matt F wrote::ponder:

Dr Wilgy - If you did with Floyd what I know you did with me and what I'm guessing you did with MacD (considering MacD utterly believes Epig is a killer now)...why Floyd? Why pick the player who has had "trouble" following the game and "doesn't know how to play" ?

That is very strange to me.

Okay, I swear, I'm gonna do this Strawhenge thing now...
I had nothing to do with whom. I think someone else had a reason though.

So my current rainbow list is as follows:
Matt F
Eloh

Anyone I didn't name
JJJ
Russ
Bcornett

Mac

Epi

Based upon what I have seen and what I have been doing, I believe Mac and Matt they says that Epi is the SK. Fuzz stated nothing that would change my mind, I am still looking as to what Floyd thinks Epi is.

Fuzzy, why JJJ and I? Your questions for us seem to be higher than others. Me I understand I suppose, why JJJ though?

linki: MM you are a good friend, top secret clearance required is correct. I would strongly recommend trusting me though, It's the only way you will be able to see what conclusions I have been able to come to.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

also, I thought the most obnoxious post in the game deserved a gif.

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, Fuzz, you stated that you had a guess on JJJ's role. Would you vote for JJJ?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:Epi

Based upon what I have seen and what I have been doing, I believe Mac and Matt they says that Epi is the SK. Fuzz stated nothing that would change my mind, I am still looking as to what Floyd thinks Epi is.
What did they say and why do you believe it?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko (I know this contradicts my prior thing, oh well)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

I never claimed Epi as the SK.

At one point, Mac accused Epi of being the SK, and I said back to Mac "So Epi's the SK and you're mafia? Or is it vice versa?" To be clear, this response to Mac was to simply let Mac know that I think Mac is a killer, somehow someway. The inclusion of Epi was only as a response to Mac's only comment, not my own views on Epi.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Voting Mac

I want to know what every single player thinks of Floyd. New guy accidentally saying outrageous things, or total effin' baddie?
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
:ponder:
Are you going to say Mac is bad next?

@Epi, I'm back on phone now and don't have time to quote pull. The reason I believe is because role blocks exist in this game. Psycho killer, can't submit a night action if they don't have one.

Mac, stating that you are SK on a night were there is no psycho kill, and him being a scummy scummertston, fufill all the conditions for him to either be baddie roleblocker, or in btsc with baddie roleblocker. Matt's statement of Mac is bad and Epi is SK help confirm my thoughts, and russ stating that you are most likely SK may place him in the btsc with Mac.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89

@Epi, I'm back on phone now and don't have time to quote pull. The reason I believe is because role blocks exist in this game. Psycho killer, can't submit a night action if they don't have one.

Mac, stating that you are SK on a night were there is no psycho kill, and him being a scummy scummertston, fufill all the conditions for him to either be baddie roleblocker, or in btsc with baddie roleblocker. Matt's statement of Mac is bad and Epi is SK help confirm my thoughts, and russ stating that you are most likely SK may place him in the btsc with Mac.
:disappoint:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

My bad Matt, I read that as you believing in Mac's SK claims.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: :disappoint:
Are my thoughts wrong Epi? Do tell.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:also, I thought the most obnoxious post in the game deserved a gif.

omfg XD
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89

What do you mean by "Psycho killer can't submit a night action if they don't have one". He kills nightly, doesn't he? We don't know any limitations to that, because if there are any, it's probably under the [Secrets]. :shrug:

Didn't the mods clarify at one point (I strangely can't find any post from them, but I'm pretty sure they were asked this :confused:) that any night kill fail would be written in the Host Posts? The SK getting blocked means he fails to kill someone. The SK not sending anything, thus not appearing in the Host Post, can't logically lead to a "I blocked someone and it has to be the SK" conclusion.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Eloh, make sure to vote in the poll.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I thought the ruling was a role blocked player cannot use thier power, meaning a psycho can't submit a kill, and even if they did, the submission of the kill would fail, not the kill itself.

I thought a kill failing, would happen if the kill was submitted without block, and they hapen to run into some sort of immunity. I.e. protection.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Triply so.

First, as you've by now realized, you misrepresented what Matt F said.

Second, if I were Psycho Killer and blocked, and someone came into the thread calling me out, would I want that person lynched so everyone can see why he or she was saying that? No. I'd have to take care of that bidness at Night. :dark:

Third, there was no mention of a Psycho Killer kill at all in the host post Night 5, meaning there was no attempt made at all.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt F wrote:HOSTS - If the Mafia or Serial Killer is prevented from making a kill for whatever reason, do you still show their kill attempt in the Night Post? If the Mafia or Serial Killer simply don't make an attempt, do you completely ignore them in the Night Post?

Thank you
Yes to both questions.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:I thought the ruling was a role blocked player cannot use thier power, meaning a psycho can't submit a kill, and even if they did, the submission of the kill would fail, not the kill itself.

I thought a kill failing, would happen if the kill was submitted without block, and they hapen to run into some sort of immunity. I.e. protection.
My understanding goes like this...

Player A submits a kill. Player B blocks Player A. MP would still show Player A's character attempting, and failing, the kill in the Night Post. But since there was no kill shown in the post, this means that Player A is either dead or simply did not submit the kill.

I don't see how it's possible that the SK is dead, therefore, the SK did not submit their kill.

Linki
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thanks Epig, that was the quote I missed.

I also remember a conversation with MP on the subject of targetting Girlfriend redirecting to someone, regardless if the kill works on Girlfriend or not, and what MP said was that it depends on "the nature of the fail", meaning whether the killer was blocked or protected. This would imply that a block still makes the killer fail to deliver the kill.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: whether the killer was blocker or the target was protected*
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Triply so.

First, as you've by now realized, you misrepresented what Matt F said.

Second, if I were Psycho Killer and blocked, and someone came into the thread calling me out, would I want that person lynched so everyone can see why he or she was saying that? No. I'd have to take care of that bidness at Night. :dark:

Third, there was no mention of a Psycho Killer kill at all in the host post Night 5, meaning there was no attempt made at all.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt F wrote:HOSTS - If the Mafia or Serial Killer is prevented from making a kill for whatever reason, do you still show their kill attempt in the Night Post? If the Mafia or Serial Killer simply don't make an attempt, do you completely ignore them in the Night Post?

Thank you
Yes to both questions.
Objection! Killing Mac at night would cause speculation that he was killed for suspecting you. Lynching Mac for his obvious scumnanigans, would at least make you look civvie, keeping the noose away from you.

I want MP to specify these rulings on role blocking...
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Yawn. Wattup.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
You think you are seeing mafia Metalmarsh89? Interesting. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

MM, my logic is as follows. If Wilgy was town and I was wrongly pushing him, Mafia would want to help me push his mislynch, and there would be at least some mention of him. However, the opposite applies, it's very hard to get the ball rolling to lynch Mafia because a portion of the game is actively working to prevent that. It's a small thing, but enough to irk me. I'm not asking players to talk about Wilgy, everyone will naturally talk about their preferred topic, but I'm observing a disconcerting silence. Were you buddying with me on this topic because you wanted to push Wilgy or wanted to get me to look at you favorably?

Wilgy I'm asking J3 many questions because he's both around to answer them and I want him to answer them incorrectly. To my dismay he hasn't yet responded illogically. And if that's your roundabout way of asking me whether I think J3 is town or not, the answer is complicated. I would vote for him in lieu of concrete evidence for anybody else, but my suspicion of him is still extremely circumstantial.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
You think you are seeing mafia Metalmarsh89? Interesting. :ponder:
I believe this went unanswered before (or I could just be forgetting), but I'll ask again.

You, assuming you are town, were getting some good votes in the Day 0 poll to make you assistant CEO. But then you give your vote to JJJ, which I believe at the time, tied you and him up. Why would you do that? I mean, if you're civvie, you're about to be named assistant CEO, but you help push someone else in that position. Someone else, btw, where assuming you are a civvie, you have no idea what his alignment is.

I don't get it.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Re: [DUSK 0] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If you elect me, I will vocaroo myself singing multiple Talking Heads songs. *crickets*
Hahaha, too good. I know it would put us at a tie, but you earned my vote Jay. :clap:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

To be clear, I'm not trying to paint JJJ town or scum either way because of this.

But as my own selfish self, as a civilian, I would not put my vote on another player who has a chance to beat me, when I don't know what their alignment is. I'd rather my civvie self get the position in order to better help the town.
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Strawhenge »

seaside wrote:to people (strawhenge and matt f i think) who were wondering about my floyd read earlier i said it was a joke, i haven't mentioned him much properly because what is there to really say? he's new and he isn't posting much. i haven't mentioned many posters tbh. i haven't interacted with many either.
Strawhenge wrote:Quick note: Seaside responded on the previous page that his confidence in Floyd was 'a joke, bruv'.
shit, you have even posted this yourself strawhenge and you are still pressuring me on this?
I...haven't pressured you on this for days.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Well I gotta go peeps. Sorry for making 4 posts in a row, MP.

Good luck, town. I'd like to see a Mac or Floyd lynch today. And a good answer from MetalMarsh as to why he voted for JJJ on Dusk 0.

Peace

Linki - Oh and everyone give your thoughts on Floyd, please. Please. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Make a cake on the bottom? I dunno, something. ANYTHING. Gaaah! :omg: :omg:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”