[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Re: [DAY 7] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Elohcin »

Diiny wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I'd be happy with a lynch of JJJ or floyd today.
Interesting that out of these two you choose the one with the more populous bandwagon to actually place your vote for; do you prefer a JJJ lynch?
Like I said. I would be happy with either. But, why would I put my vote on floyd if it won't mean anything. Spreading votes is stupid.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Diiny wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Diiny how is it going?
nae bad. had a nice day. going to see The Martian soon

Tasks 4 u:

Tell me how you feel about JJJ, who was your previous suspect, in light of recent events.

Tell me why you think I'm scum
I think that there is a good chance that the previous ?????? Is Jay. If he is town he will be killed off shortly due to the sheer amount of content and analysis that he has done. That with his ability to influence how people vote makes him a huge threat to scum. It also makes me extremely wary of Jay at all times. I voted for him the previous day in hopes to get a response but i didn't manage to make it back to the thread to post more stuff. Metal said he pushed for my Lynch all Sunday.

Mac and Devin were my previous suspects, i unfortunately never made it around to doing an iso before he was lynched but we had argued for almost two days with me accusing him off being scum.

Devin had contradicted himself several times and didn't want to defend himself which i felt was scummy. So him I also completed a huge iso of all his posts showing this.

Hmm I just voted for you to see what you had to say, I have not had the chance to go back and check your content. I did have you marked as scum about 4 days ago, but as I had said those were gut reads except for the several I did an iso for. So to me this seems like you are looking at yourself from a scummy perspective.

Have fun at your movie!
Not sure I understand why asking why you voted for me when you come out of the blue and change top suspects with no stated reasoning makes you think I'm looking at myself through a scummy perspective

You gave a really general point about j just now, talking about him as a player rather than in this game. What do you think of him right now, in this game, given not just the shit that just went down but his performance all game?
I am saying that you seem scummy because you asked why I thought you were scummy. I didn't think that you were scummy I vote for you to say hello and to get you to talk. Now I do think you are scummy though.

I have not looked at JJJ's most recent posts. I'm about 30 pages or more behind so I am not familiar with these most recent events you are referencing. As I said I think the ??????? a during the last night phase has a strong chance of being jjj whom was saved. With all the analysis being done, he has possibly made some pretty good points about people and I would figure scum is feeling threatened and would like him to disappear.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

@jjj

Mac wasn't budging or making mistakes at this point in time on his stances so I switched my focus to ISO Devin who honestly looked really scummy even though he wasn't. But I still kept prodding Mac. Which seemed to make him irritable.

(No offense intended to ya Mac, all part of the game)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Black Rock and MacDougall:
Spoiler: show
Black Rock wrote:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p184571

Still thinking about this post actually. I'm just loving it, it's very helpful for me. Thank you.
Negative
Matt
finding his ping "phony" in joining sig's wording case

MacDougall
suspicious of motel room for bringing up Flowers tactics (although this seems like self-aware fake sussing, imo, since LC was Flowers)
voting MacDougall D2
Can the green part of this be explained more? Is this Macs suspicion or LC's?
BR spent some of her early energies talking about Rico's mass-review of LC interactions. She saw fit to ask this question about Mac and LC, and I'm not sure why she felt this was important enough to warrant a post.
Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Black Rock wrote:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p184571

Still thinking about this post actually. I'm just loving it, it's very helpful for me. Thank you.
Negative
Matt
finding his ping "phony" in joining sig's wording case

MacDougall
suspicious of motel room for bringing up Flowers tactics (although this seems like self-aware fake sussing, imo, since LC was Flowers)
voting MacDougall D2
Can the green part of this be explained more? Is this Macs suspicion or LC's?
Uhh pretty sure that's in LC's section, so it's LC's suspicion on MacDougall.

Basically both Mac and motel brought up some interpretations of what Flowers might have done with his D1 vote and then LC sussed them both for talking about it. I already pointed out this suspicion looks fake, since LC was of course Flowers himself. But it still counts as LC putting heat on Mac for this.
I was confused on where motel room fit in under Mac, that's all.
Here's a clarification. I still don't know why this conversation ever happened though.
Black Rock wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: I feel pretty darn bad about Mac now. Probably too late for today, but very worth a look tomorrow.
:suspish:
Vague, unexplained shade thrown at Russ for stating suspicion of Mac.
Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
So here's my point: if I don't believe LC's "gambit" ever really even existed, then I am not going to attribute theories about his scum intentions to that gambit. That means I am not going to be more suspicious of Mac than I otherwise be because of the possibility that this was a cooperative plan from the start. I don't think this conversation happened in BTSC:

LC: Okay guys, I really need to focus on my other game. I know we just got started here and you're relying on me to contribute, but I gotta bail.

Mac or friends: Well... alright? That kind of sucks. Uh, I guess we better bus you then and make it look nice.

LC: Definitely. So here's the plan. I am going to go after bea for her defensive posts. But when I do: it's gonna be a bad look. I want one or more of you folks to come after me for it right away.

Mac: I'm on it!

LC: Great. But here's where it gets interesting: after you go after me, I'm going to say in the thread that the original case was just a test for reactions and try to gain back the credibility that you take away. I'm known for this kind of thing, it'll look fine.

Mac: Alright sweet. Tell you what, why don't we also argue in the thread about your Flowers role and how it might affect the game? So much WIFOM!!!

LC: Aw yeah, sick. Bro fist, bro.
The only problem I see with this scenario is that if LC ever said anything like that last line I would have to divorce him right away.

I also wanted you all to know that I deserve to die for failing my punishment. I'm an awful lady.
Auuugggghhh I forgot I made that post. I'm a total idiot.

Anyway, BR saw fit to comment on my incredibly wrong post with a joke that seems to somewhat kinda contest its accuracy.
Black Rock wrote:I read Splints posts. She came into the game assuming Roxy is civvie because of who was killed night 1. I know Roxy doesn't like to pick on new players but I also know she can be pretty ruthless. If she didn't want to kill new players she would be less likely the SK but Splints doesn't think she could be on the baddie team either?

I still am leaning one way towards Roxy more than the other but I am going to reserve judgement for now. I find it more interesting that she has voted for Matt 5 times in a row.

I am undecided on Matt vs Mac. I'm hoping to see what I perceive to be an honest reaction from Roxy about my theories.

I deserve to die because I am an awful player who should have a better memory regarding punishments.
She commented on the Matt F versus Mac controversy without taking a side. I'm not sure why she typed that sentence.
MacDougall wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Oooh, I just remembered. If we have enough people present (ideally at least six, but more than that would be preferable), we should do gun to head reads right now. Many of you might not know what that means (I know some of you do though).

I will explain when I have affirmed there will be participation. If you're here right now and can take part in a REAL-TIME exercise right here in the thread that will likely last 10-15 minutes, please indicate that by saying AYE or something.
Is this some sort of posting challenge that will make people post even more? If that's the case I think it's a terrible idea.
This is quite possibly the towniest post I have ever seen.
lol
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:BLACK ROCK
Good
"Good" read on BR, GTH.
MacDougall wrote:When did Black Rock sub into the game? Was it before or after LC was lynched?
Here's another post that exists. Mac never expanded on why he was supposed to care about this.
MacDougall wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I know that. Don't you find it weird that he would just have two browser tabs open on the home page of the site? Like, who does that?
I currently have three, and I have just closed two. How do you play mafia without multiple tabs open?

I deserve to die for being a bad punished lady.
:omg:
:shrug:
MacDougall wrote:Looking at the later votes on Devinwagon, and none came before any of these four so it doesn't look like the scum got desparate and tried to double down to ensure Devin got lynched, but it does make me more weary of sig, Bullzeye and Black Rock.

linki: So coupled with Epi's request, let's take a closer look at Black Rock.
Mac asserts there is some reason to suspect Black Rock based on her involvement in the Devin lynch, and pledges to take a closer look in light of Epi's loud suspicion of her.
MacDougall wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Black Rock actually. It would be easy for me to just agree here but nothing she is saying is pinging me at all.

I actually think Russ's posts are more likely to be a scum trying to avoid a town lynch.

Am I missing something about Black Rock?

linki: RadicalFuzz, asking weird questions is a really nice way for someone to design scum reads on townies and is a poor substitute for post analysis in my opinion.

RadicalFuzz answer me this. If you had a carton of beer and you could only share it with three players in the game, but one of the beers had my piss in it, who would you share it with?

Keep in mind that no matter what you say I will find a reason for your answer to make you scummy, and if you refuse to answer or fail to answer that makes you scummy too.

RadicalFuzz if you don't start doing actual post analysis I'm going to have no choice but to call you names. You have so few quotes, you have stuck your nose in so few scraps. You are just sitting around asking questions and playing a game totally your own. Get involved.
Here are the results of his "closer look". He cancels his prior "suspicion" and says he sees nothing wrong with her posts. He doesn't reference her content to substantiate that statement, and moves his suspicion to Russ as a substitute.
MacDougall wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Black Rock actually. It would be easy for me to just agree here but nothing she is saying is pinging me at all.
Why say that in the underline? Are you letting the thread know how civvie you are because you could've easily agreed on a (in your opinion) bogus case against Black Rock, but instead, chose to go the noble route and actually give your true opinion?
Yeah but you make it sound so terrible. :haha:

I don't think the case is bogus. I just don't think it's damning.
He said he "didn't see anything wrong with Black Rock", which should be pretty close to "the case against Black Rock is bogus". He didn't commit to saying that much here when pressed by Matt F.

~~~

Black Rock's voting record:

Dusk 0 (as Tiny Bubbles): none
Day 1 (as Aces): Russtifinko (30)
Day 2: none
Day 3: none
Day 4: Devin the Omniscient (25)
Day 5: Devin the Omniscient (29)
Day 6: none

The sporadic presence of Black Rock and her predecessors in the thread makes it difficult to assess these votes. The two Devin votes were during lynches in which the counterwagon was also town.

~~~

Conclusion:

Mac and BR interacted a decent amount, but those interactions were never substantial. A lot of the comments strike me as arbitrary and purposeless. The only meaningful content appears to be when Mac started to barely go against BR and then promptly took her side after "looking at her more closely". I was highly suspicious of Black Rock yesterday and this review does not alleviate that at all. She's my top suspect until further notice.

Grade: D

BLACK ROCK
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by bcornett24 »

DrWilgy wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Why are we back to sorsha, or is this just part of the quote and you randomly asked me if i was bad after?

No I'm not bad are you?
I am not. Why did it take you so long to respond even though I was listed as a sketchy sketch on your rainbow list?

What are your thoughts on what Fuzz said about me?
Because life is exhausting and shitty at times.

Once again I am way behind ~30 pages, if you want my thoughts on specific things please include them in the question otherwise Im digging through thirty pages Im already currently trying to catch up on to read an exchange.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Triple J, sorry dude.
Sorry for what?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Post #5,000!

Jay, what do all the G's ad B's in your spreadsheet mean? I don't understand what you are charting.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye and MacDougall:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I encourage that today, there are only two lynch candidates on the table.
How is arranging a literal tally duel ever pro-civilian? You should know that you're not scum, and I know I'm not. If we're both wrong about each other then you've just invited everyone to waste this entire day phase. This kind of restrictive approach to any day would never be the most productive.
How is it in scum interest to encourage the players to put themselves into a lynching coin flip?
How is it in anyone's interest? It severely limits discussion.
Questions Mac on the matter of Golden dueling with me.
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Based on what? Dude why are you playing so weird? You are usually better than this. :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

Diiny early game was strange and since getting some suspicion thrown at him has dropped post count massively, which is a pretty good scum tell.

Will you join my MattF lynchparty? It's pretty fun. We have pie and punch.
Aside from his Sorsha vote, Matt probably isn't bad. Let's not throw any lynchparties just yet.
Rejects Mac's call to lynch Matt F.
Bullzeye wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have no interest in lynching Matt F. I am inclined to think he is incorrect about Mac, but I don't think he has malicious intent.
Same. Matt practically always comes out with the most ridiculous conspiracies and follows them until his dying breath, but it doesn't make him bad. If anything I think he does it more when he's a civ.
Supports my defense of Matt F which was also a defense of Mac.
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Syndicate players, can I get some input on whether epi is playing differently in this game than usual?
He's usually a lot more aggressive. However he did just get killed night one in Recruitment (by accident as well) so he might have been deliberately trying to be more restrained just to avoid his sucky curse of always dying straight away for lame reasons.

Also, I was meaning to say earlier, I think there's good reason to believe that the SK targeted Golden's seductee and that that's why there were two kills shown. In this game there has been a lot of discussion as to whether or not SK's are actually just misunderstood, civ-friendly softies who love cuddles and would never harm a fly unless it was evil. Killing the basically outed civ removes any doubt that the SK is not civ-friendly. I don't think they'd choose to do that so early on. I think they killed someone else, and that someone was Golden's seduced friend. Then MP wrote the night post to reflect that the SK had both failed to kill one person and also killed Golden. I think that's a far more realistic option.
Answers Mac's request for meta on Epignosis, acknowledges that Epi is different this game and gives a potential positive motive for that.
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How would Golden have been killed in that case?
Because people Golden has seduced take all night actions targeted at him, and vice versa. So a kill directed at the person he seduced would be bounced off and hit Golden.
Mac prompts him to expand on his SK theorizing and he does do.
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Saw Epi pop into the thread then for a second ... Where'd you go mate?
Aww don't be that guy... This is why most people have themselves set to invisible.
:ponder:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I would like to see a bit more analysis on motel room and Choutas. Those two have been remarkably subdued and also remarkably teflon. Also Roxy, who I recall was getting quite a bit of interest early game has gone dark (understandably) and as a result has had all suspicion taken off her. Bullzeye also seems to have done similar.
So far I've not seen any suspicion on me that I've considered worth taking seriously tbh. That isn't why I "went dark". Just had a busy weekend.
Mac calls for more attention to be put on motel room, Choutas, Roxy, and Bullzeye for their being blendy. Bullzeye is dismissive of whatever suspicion he'd faced prior and cites being busy.
Bullzeye wrote:So the other person I remembered bcornett turning on at the same time as Golden did was Mac, who went from a mid-neutral/strong civ read for the pair of them to bad in Golden's eyes and second from bottom of Cornett's rainbow list within minutes. However, on closer inspection Bcor did call Mac out with a proper post just before dropping him down the list, so I'm no longer as sure. It's still a hell of a coincidence.
DrWilgy wrote:I would like to point out that bcornett has continued to ignore me for the past 2 days, even though I'm fully analyzed and somewhat scummy according to his list. He all he is doing is, looking at who is the topic of discussion is, clicking view in topic posts, "analyzing then" and ignoring everything else.
Yes. Looking at his posts this is a very fair judgement. Bcornett seems to make accusations based on the direction the wind is blowing and seldom follows up on them or explains his own perspective. Devin on day five looks like the only real exception to this. I think he looks very blendy and very suspicious.
Pseudo-linking of bcornett and Golden due to their mutual treatment of Mac in their rainbow lists (dropping him from town/neutral reads to scum reads). This was posted on Day 6, so I'm not sure what the significance of this observation was supposed to be.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:BULLZEYE
Bad
Mac's first mention of Bullzeye was to GTH read him bad.
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Yeah I think FZ has raised a decent point about Russ, and I can't see any other explanations, so I will be *Voting Russti*
Can't see any other explanations for what? His behaviour? I don't like your choice of words here...
Mac throws shade at Bullzeye for his Russ vote alongside FZ.
MacDougall wrote:There is a lot of effort going into moving the lynch off golden/sorsha and onto someone else. Watch for llama/bullzeye like votes.
Mac criticizes Bullzeye in a pretty vague manner about his voting behavior during the Sorsha lynch. It should be noted that this criticism was about people moving the lynch off of two near-confirmed townies.
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:So can anyone else see the possible save attempt? Thinking we'll find baddies among the Sorsha voters for sure, especially if Devin was their endangered teammate. Probably going to vote Devin tomorrow. Espers and Russti also have my eye.
Yes Devin lynch was gaining speed and sorsha copped a slew of votes at the death. Me among them granted.

:eye: on MacDougall
Mac supports Bullzeye's ill-fated pursuit of Devin based on the assertion that Devin was "saved" during the Sorsha lynch.
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Saw Epi pop into the thread then for a second ... Where'd you go mate?
Aww don't be that guy... This is why most people have themselves set to invisible.
Oh, sorry. I thought it was cool. Saw someone else doing it before? Also saw a guy noticing dead players reading the thread and using that as part of his case. Apologies though, won't do it again.
Throws shade at Bullzeye for his place on the Devin bandwagon. He pledged to review Black Rock, but not the others named.
MacDougall wrote:I would like to see a bit more analysis on motel room and Choutas. Those two have been remarkably subdued and also remarkably teflon. Also Roxy, who I recall was getting quite a bit of interest early game has gone dark (understandably) and as a result has had all suspicion taken off her. Bullzeye also seems to have done similar.
In so many words Mac calls Bullzeye blendy.
MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
Apologetic. Rare look from Mac in this game.
MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
"Bullzeye is scum."
MacDougall wrote:Bullzeye
Motel room
Sig
Metalmarsh
Wilgy
Russ
Another scum list I missed before.

~~~

Bullzeye's voting record:

Dusk 0 (as sanmeto): none
Day 1 (as sanmeto): none
Day 2: Metalmarsh89 (20)
Day 3: Russtifinko (19)
Day 4: Devin the Omniscient (23)
Day 5: Devin the Omniscient (27)
Day 6: bcornett24 (20)

The worst thing here is that both of his votes on the days of a scum lynch were inconsequential -- he was alone in both cases.

~~~

Conclusion:

The most noteworthy takeaway for me is that Bullzeye had very little say on the matter of MacDougall in this game. This is surprising because Mac clearly put some effort into calling Bullzeye a baddie -- both gun to head and in the form of actual accusations. Mac never built a real case or truly pursued this lynch, and Bullzeye did not seem to have much to say at all about the guy repeatedly calling him scum. Curious.

Grade: D
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Post #5,000!

Jay, what do all the G's ad B's in your spreadsheet mean? I don't understand what you are charting.
Good and bad. That chart is from the gun to head reads we did not long after the Long Con lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

F me J3. I neeeeeed it.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:F me J3. I neeeeeed it.
F for Fuzz!!

You are guilty bro!

Why did Mac say you were town?!?! Hmmmmmmm!!!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:F me J3. I neeeeeed it.
This is what I heard in my head as I read this post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

GTH reads now?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you want. My reads will be skewed by having only done 1/4 of the analyses, but whatever.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I still have not participated in one before, so if you're willing to lead Jay, that would be fantastic. :)

Who else is in?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

I could gun to head, yep.
ImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

there are 8 of us online right now everybody should be willing
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's 4 so far.

I see a couple more online too. Maybe they will join?

DrWilgy. Strawhenge. GTH reads?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I'll be on more tonight. For now I want to place my vote on FLOYD for the reasons already outlined. Weird, cryptic, and suggestive posts.

1. Saying that he and I are 'rivals' (thereby suggesting that he knows we're on opposite teams).

2. This unexplained and, from what I can see, unwarranted apology to JJJ.

3. Um...THIS.

4. Also vote-waffling on Mac[/ur], pointed out by Choutas.

5. Whether you believe in the concept or not, [url=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=734&p=184648#p184648]this possible scumslip

Linki: Yeah, I'll do some GTH.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

EBWOP :|
Strawhenge wrote:I'll be on more tonight. For now I want to place my vote on FLOYD for the reasons already outlined. Weird, cryptic, and suggestive posts.

1. Saying that he and I are 'rivals' (thereby suggesting that he knows we're on opposite teams).

2. This unexplained and, from what I can see, unwarranted apology to JJJ.

3. Um...THIS.

4. Also vote-waffling on Mac, pointed out by Choutas.

5. Whether you believe in the concept or not, this possible scumslip.

Linki: Yeah, I'll do some GTH.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I have work in like 6 hours. I really should go to bed... How long will this take?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Once we get started, like 10 minutes I believe. Just got to round everyone up.

Do you know how it works Wilgy?

Also, is everyone else read? Motel, Strawhenge, Jay, bcornett?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Take me to the river. I'm ready.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yeah I'm here. Still working on my shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

K, lemme get ready for bed, then I'll be ready. Gimme 15.

Its the rapid good or bad exercise yes?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:K, lemme get ready for bed, then I'll be ready. Gimme 15.

Its the rapid good or bad exercise yes?
Yes.

Alright, we begin when the doctor returns, or at 21:00 PST (on the hour) at the latest.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

In. Keen. Ready.
ImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Read 10 pages this far now 28 behind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas and MacDougall
Choutas wrote:
sig wrote:@Metalmarsh and Choutas could you explain your lynch vote please?

linki: Okay Bcor thanks.
RVP. The good part is that he showed up the bad part is that he's not as active as he should be. Not as active as I remember him. Even his behaviour is different, looks more than a lurker than rdw.
Anyway I was about to move on and stir some discussion.
Macdougall what's up. Why you're so inactive brah?
Notes Mac's absence from the thread in the very early stages.
MacDougall wrote:
Choutas wrote:Day 1 vote to rdw. He's awfully quiet. What's up dog is hauling hay that hectic in October?
It's been a long time I don't wanna see you bail on me after all this time.
This is such a fucking typical Choutas thing to do... Trying to play to his meta too hard?
Good then it's me who did it.
Choutas wrote:Also mind you all people that this is my second game in over a year. I've grown rusty. I'm veteran league material playing with young bucks.
Distancing yourself from your play?

"It's not my fault I lynched a townie, I was rusty... RUSTY."

:suspish:[/quote]
It's the truth. I am not distancing as much as telling you guys I am even worse than what you remember. I've played one game the last 18 months and two the last 2 years if I remember correctly. That's about one game per year. In the last game I played as Momokuro and I was the worst player in the game. JJJ can testify that. Just throwing it preemptively in case I turn out to be the worst player in this also.[/quote]
Mac gave Choutas a lot of crap on Day 1 for stupid reasons. This might at least contrast with Mac's treatment of LC in that his accusations of LC were grounded in actual relevant mafia rather than this empty shit.
Choutas wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Excuse me JaggedJimmyJay but why are you playing like a car accident victim with brain damage when I know that you're actually awesome at this, the game of forums mafia?

OMG, 95 mentions of "Mac" on the page 2 of the Choutas ISO (100 ppp). :omg:
Choutas wrote:Matt F
motel room
Strawhenge
Zebra

bea
DrWilgy
Golden
MacDougall
seaside

Black Rock
Bullzeye
Devin the Omniscient
Diiny
espers
reywaS
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko

bcornett24
Elohcin
rundontwalk
Roxy
TheFloyd73

Epignosis
FZ
Ricochet
sig
Sorsha
thellama73

Alphabetically ordered like Jay's :slick:
Mac's in the green pile.
Choutas wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I guess those who haven't caught up might need some more context on that image. It consists of a game JJJ championed where myself, JJJ, Mac, and Golden stated gun-to-head reads on every single player with only "Good" and "Bad" as the available options, no "Neutral". As you can see, it's a little disconcerting that there was not one player that more than two of us thought was bad.
it pretty much says that one of you guys is scum and doesn't want to agree with other players that scum players look scummy. You actually look the best for giving an enormous amount of scum players. Mac looks the worst for giving only six and two if his are two of my strongest town reads(DrWilgy and MattF).

I also adore how you find sig a consensus townie. Yeah someone in the quartet is deffo scum.
Disses Mac for his small number of baddie reads in the GTH exercise and for some of his choices.
Choutas wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

I'm going back to voting for Sorsha. Because, reasons.
After you voting for her I'm feeling much less secure about my vote. My scum sensor is tingling. If you're scum you wouldn't be so gung ho in joining a forming lynch of sorsha if she was scum. Of course she can be scum and you town but you both look suss to me.
I still don't understand why I'm being painted red. I'm not bad. I think Sorsha's bad. That's why I'm voting there. I'm hoping to see that your last sentence is 100% correct. Right now I can only confirm 50%.... Well 66% of it, if you include that we both look suss to you.
Maybe Devin. I find Mac one of the towniest guys in the game. Having strong ties with seaside I'm a good judge of his and he looks incredibly townie to me. So the first three votes are a townie wagon to me. You happened to be the fourth vote and you don't look good to me for reasons outlined by JJJ(no buddying intended), it fits in my brain. Suspicious player jumps fourth in a townie wagon of a townie lynch. At least it doesn't look that both of you are scum, it's way too early to vote for a scummate so tacticwise to me you can't be both scum. The worst scenario of you two both being townies is completely disastrous to me reads and Iwon't even consider it that's how confident I am.
Btw if you're townie don't be overwhelmed by me. I'm a bully in mafia. In case you haven't figured it out already. Usually I post much more and occasionally make reads. This game is humongous however and I didn't expect it to be this way.
Btw Vito must be a big Devin Townsend fan. If you're looking for players mods you can try inviting him over. You can also try Crat or MMB
Mildly surprising given the previous point.
Choutas wrote:MacDougall
Strawhenge
seaside

Matt F
motel room
Roxy

Russtifinko
JaggedJimmyJay
DrWilgy

Diiny
RadicalFuzz
TheFloyd73
bcornett24
espers
fingersplints
Metalmarsh89
Black Rock

Bullzeye
Elohcin

Epignosis
Ricochet
sig
Devin the Omniscient
[/quote]
Still green.
Choutas wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Well actually sorry I got carried away. There could be three dead townies tonight and it won't matter if we lynch one of the scum. It's possible that the protector can protect girlfriend is better again and then another one of us gets hit randomly on our own.

But nobody is safe now that SK knows who to hit for a double up kill... and the Mafia can target whoever they like without fear of getting blocked as it's unlikely that at this stage of the game the protector role can protect anyone except Girlfriend is Better if even that.

So... SK hunt is the way to go today tbh.

Who's been trying to pin SK on someone else with a literally impossibly convoluted idea?

Let's start with who has brought up serial killer out of the blue in the game. MattF, anyone else?
Can you explain it with simple words? Your theory is completely unprovable tbh. There are two roles we have no idea what they do marked with question marks. I think it has do with these unknown roles and not by a townie role.
Not thrilled with Mac's theory about the SK getting a double kill and thus being a bigger threat.
Choutas wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:In this thread right now we have Matt trying to convince people that either;

a) a dead player was able to cast an action after they died
b) a player was able to select a winner before they completed their job

Dude. You are killing me. I have never met anybody who tunnels so bad.
I think your reaction to all of this says it all. If it was really as wild and idiotic as you'd like people to believe, I think you would've actually laughed it off as such. But ever since you claimed that you didn't give a f*ck about this theory and that you'd go back to lurking, you've doen a complete 180, accusing me of being the SK, and then making a post attempting to read every single player to find the SK, etc etc. I don't think you would've gone to these great lengths if you didn't think my case had merit...which it does.

Sorsha used her job power on Night 3, and therefore, had the ability to pick a winner from the power she used on NIGHT 3 when she was alive. IMO
This post is making a lot of sense tbh. I have no idea which roles did what but Mac's reaction was horrible and to think he was my most trusted townie before going back and actually read the last seven 10 pages. Mac has been hitting wildly. Like a boxer who has lost the fight, he's in the last round, the winner is playing defensively and Mac is swingin' wildly missing about half of his punches. Seriously Mac what the hell.
Doesn't like Mac's reactions to Matt F's accusations, seems to be changing his mind on the town read.
Choutas wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I can only deduce that anyone who is saying "You are making good points about Mac" or that they've read the recent pages and I look bad, haven't actually read the pages and are actually scum phoning it in. You make me sick.
I am not judging your(you and Matt's) theories, they're theories end of story. Your response to him though was ridiculously suss. You started saying mean stuff and lost your cool.

A regular Mac would have taken Matt's ideas and make a case against him and possibly lynch him.
Your defensiveness was suss. WGetting lynched as scum over something you didn't do would infuriate you I bet.
Good look. He recognized the case for Mac being the SK wasn't well-founded, but still poked Mac about him being scum and hating the position that case put him in.
Choutas wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Mac, Matt, Fuzz and Floyd, who did you target last night?

We had a fail kill and no psycho killer. Chances are one of y'all intervined, possibly in both, and y'all should know how. JJJ you should know as well.

I will explain everything as soon as I'm back from the renaissance festival.

JJJ, no beef, got much love for ya.
MacDougall wrote:It should be rather obvious who I would target Wilgy...
DrWilgy wrote:Does that count? As far as I'm concerned you could be lying.

You stating who you targeted is not 100% truth. Nor is it revealed by any role powers, simply actions that happened over tge course of the night. MODS HELP.
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How did missing your night kill make you feel?
Mac, how sure of this are you?

Floyd, Fuzz, or Matt, did epi miss a night kill?
MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:How did missing your night kill make you feel?
Mac, how sure of this are you?

Floyd, Fuzz, or Matt, did epi miss a night kill?
I am very sure.
This is mafia interaction calling it. Mac and Wilgy are in this together :eye: It wouldn't surprise me if all four are a mafia team. TheProfessional had done something similar on rym(the nation game?)
Pretty specific assertion that DrWilgy and Mac are team mates based on an exchange between them. Choutas, what made you feel this way about this exchange?
Choutas wrote:Motelroom if you think Mac is town(you just said it), would you save him from a lynch? He's the leading vote getter. Or you're going to idly park your vote in a lynch that won't happen?
Pressures motel room to protect make a move to save Mac during the Mac lynch.
Choutas wrote:Day 6 rainbow list

JJJ
MacDougall

motel room
Strawhenge
Matt F
seaside

Bullzeye
RadicalFuzz
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko
DrWilgy
Diiny

Ricochet
bcornett24
Elohcin
Roxy
Epignosis
Black Rock
TheFloyd73

sig
fingersplints
Now Mac is blue. :huh:
Choutas wrote:
seaside wrote:Choutas why are you so sure that mac and jjj are town?

what you think bout diiny?
Diiny is neutral to me. I don't know what to think of him and the last days he's been very quiet. Could flip either way.
Mac plays like Mac very similar to what he usually does. JJJ went autistic in this game and when he does it he's usually townie.
My only concern was town losing so resoundingly. All of our reads have been shit thus far. Moreover JJJ is inexplicably still alive. Dunno to whom or what should I attribute that.
Supports his read on Mac with vague meta.
Choutas wrote:@all rymers
#Save Macdougall.
At least he doesn't beat around the bush.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:How could you idly name the mafia team if you didn't put the connections and the interactions together? You could have said the six scummiest players but no you said the mafia team which implies some kind of methodology used to tie those six together. OK admit you can't name the mafia team in a GTH manner.
You're probably right, I doubt I got them all.

But I tried anyway. In the space of less than one minute. You failed the GTH test and you hate it. ;)
The glass is broken, there are shards everywhere. You think Mac is town but you seem quite relaxed about his lynch. WAY TOO RELAXED. You said winning this game is very important to you, you were screaming that we're losing and that we can't afford to lynch another townie. Yet you sit idly and seem accepting of a Mac lynch despite calling him a townie.
I am not a vocal townie I can't be bothered. But you... You should have acted way differently.
:eye:

linki @Straw: Straw follow your heart. Search deep inside you and vote either of them. Don't let others make decisions for you. Btw bro MM won't happen today just sayin'
linki 2 @Straw: It could be townies also. We just believe Mac is town.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:linki: and you voted for Diiny last. OK bro let's see when the game ends who was right.
What?

I put Diiny high enough in the tally to make the possibility of saving Mac a reality. How in the world does that suggest I wasn't interested in saving Mac?

You're making no sense.
By putting you vote early you're putting much more pressure than just calling mac a townie. If you had put it earlier things could have been different
Freaking out on me for not doing enough to stop the Mac lynch.

:confused:

~~~

Choutas's voting record:

Dusk 0: seaside (25), Matt F (26)
Day 1: DrWilgy (17)
Day 2: Long Con (12)
Day 3: Sorsha (13)
Day 4: Sorsha (6)
Day 5: Devin the Omniscient (15)
Day 6: Diiny (27)

He was the oldest final vote on Long Con and one of the latest votes on Diiny. His voting record is a lot like mine.

~~~

This is really hard to gauge. The progression of his read on Mac is an absolute roller coaster, from strong town to strong scum to strong town again. I don't understand how he could have had this much variance in his perspective. Townies do change their minds, but damn. :huh:

If I ask myself why a scum does this, my brain just spits out "WIFOM". So if you think he is intentionally making no sense, I can understand that. I do think he looked solid when he was going after Mac, I just don't understand why that changed so abruptly. There's really no transition that I can find to explain what happened after he brought up the DrWilgy/Mac exchange as a team mate indicator. After that, Mac was a major town read and Choutas fought to save him.

I have no idea how to grade this. You tell me.

Grade: C

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's no way I'm going to be able to do everyone. It's a work night, and I'll only have a couple hours tomorrow after work before you people kill me. Send your requests for specific names, I might honor them. Or I might pick myself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*Wilgy throws a thumb up indicating his readiness*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all here?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There's no way I'm going to be able to do everyone. It's a work night, and I'll only have a couple hours tomorrow after work before you people kill me. Send your requests for specific names, I might honor them. Or I might pick myself.
I hope you mean interactions and not GTH. :P

Linki: yup.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Oh yeah.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Present.
ImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

yuppers
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Brian, catch up when you show up.

Everyone, please quote my original posts with the players' names in them so counting the reads up is easier at the end.

Off we go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

BCORNETT24

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:BCORNETT24

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
Good

Bad

Bad

Good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
Mafia

Civ

Civ

Mafia

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
Bad

Bad

Good

Good
Image Image Image
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
good

good

good

good
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
TOWN
TOWN
TOWN
SK
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
good

bad

bad

bad
ImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

BLACK ROCK

BULLZEYE

CHOUTAS
BAD

BAD

GOOD

GOOD
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DIINY

DRWILGY

ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DIINY

DRWILGY

ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS
good

good

good

good

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

DRWILGY

ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS
TOWN
SCUM
TOWN
TOWN
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

DRWILGY

ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS
good

good

good

good
ImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

DRWILGY

ELOHCIN

EPIGNOSIS
Bad

Bad

Good

Good

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”