[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [NIGHT 7] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:Okay JJJ was saved this is similar to what could have happened yesterday, Mac vs Diiny. JJJ is mafia those who pushed seaside are also most likely mafia.
I think you're bad.

You were completely ready to capitalize on The Cakewalk JJJ Lynch, but at the last moment when others were discussing other possibilities you started to "have doubts" -- and only because I was playing hard as I have been doing the whole game anyway.

Now that a townie is dead in my place, you're moving to capitalize again without a thought.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think these are all the vote-relevant roles which are potentially still in the game. Please let me know if I omitted something.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Pulled Up - Every time a non-civilian player is lynched, its vote increases by 1. Conversely, if three civilian players are lynched consecutively, its vote decreases by 1. Its vote can be worth negative.

I Zimbra – Insanifies a player of its choice every night, forcing that player to speak in another language of its choice the subsequent day. If that player is from the same forum as I Zimbra, its vote is worth x3; if it is from the opposing forum, it is worth negative x3. The value of the insanified player's vote is unknown to everyone except I Zimbra.

Once in a Lifetime – Asks a player a multiple choice question every night. It must alternate between members of the two forums. If it correctly predicts its target's answer, they both gain an extra vote to be used at any time. If it is incorrect, Once in a Lifetime must vote the same player as it did yesterday; if that player is dead, then it loses one of its extra votes.

Love for Sale – Every night, it offers to sell its subsequent lynch vote to all players. The first player that PMs the host accepting the deal may control how Love for Sale votes the subsequent day. (Secrets)

Blind – Cannot be night killed. At the start of the game, its vote will go to the person voted. In future lynches, however, Blind may not know who it actually is voting for. Any time that a civilian is lynched, then its lynch vote is secretly randomized among the player it voted and the one alphabetically above and below its vote. For every civilian lynch, the possible vote recipient range is increased by one player above and below its current range. In contrast, any time that a mafia is lynched, the range decreases by one player above and below its current range.

Drugs – Slips drugs to a player of its choice every even night. That player will start every subsequent lynch with two votes against them. If it carries out the kill, it cannot kill any player it hasn't drugged.
It seems to me that seaside was suspicious of espers, Diiny, and I because he observed discrepancy in the Rico bandwagon that suggested to him that someone was scum. This only makes sense if it was two extra votes specifically due to the Drugs role. I don't know how seaside's role worked exactly, but would he not just see the name of the player placing those two extra votes? That would eliminate the need for the whole "1 of these 3" thing. He may have just misinterpreted the evidence, there are a pile of town roles that affect voting and even more roles with *secrets* so who knows.

Basically all this tells me is that seaside thought Diiny or I was Drugs, but I don't understand why he'd have any doubt about which one.
My understanding of the power is that it would exhibit that Ricochet had, say 8 votes on Day 3, rather than the 6 that we see.

That would explain his reversal on his read of Ricochet, and his assumption that one of the Ricochet voters is mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hosts, are you able to confirm/deny this interpretation of seaside's role?
Epignosis wrote:It isn't complicated. I've had a role like this before. It worked like this:

A: 2 votes
B: 3 votes
C: 4 votes

A got lynched.

D: Using my power.

Host: "A had 4 votes, B had 3 votes, and C had 3 votes"

Basic idea, but there it is.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sig wrote:Okay JJJ was saved this is similar to what could have happened yesterday, Mac vs Diiny. JJJ is mafia those who pushed seaside are also most likely mafia.
I think you're bad.

You were completely ready to capitalize on The Cakewalk JJJ Lynch, but at the last moment when others were discussing other possibilities you started to "have doubts" -- and only because I was playing hard as I have been doing the whole game anyway.

Now that a townie is dead in my place, you're moving to capitalize again without a thought.
True I had doubts but unlike many others I didn't switch. In the end I stuck by it and with seaside's flip I'm know certain you're mafia.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Based on this, a Jay lynch should stay on the table for tomorrow, but I'll have to look at Diiny as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think you're bad.

True I had doubts but unlike many others I didn't switch. In the end I stuck by it and with seaside's flip I'm know certain you're mafia.
Trust me, your failure to switch doesn't make you look better. The quick counterwagon was town too, so why should you care which one dies? :suspish:

Why does the seaside town flip make you "certain" I'm mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Re: [DAY 7] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

Diiny wrote:
motel room wrote:So one of the three players he's been going on about (espers, jjj, diiny) have vote manipulation powers? I don't get why he was so adamant there was a scum in there and he never bothered to explain. Are there no town vote manipulation roles?
Unsure when vote manipulation comes into this, am I being completely stupid?
It was seaside's role to see through vote manipulation once, he was town so no reason to make shit up, so must've been the reason he was harping on about the three of them.

But then if Drugs is the sole scum vote manipulator its not a direct link. Can't Drugs drug a guy and vote a different way the next lynch?
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Whats with the Google not that keeps viewing the thread?

Triple J, what's your reason for voting for Black Rock?
Here's some reasons.

Here's some more reasons.

What's your reason for voting for me?
Ugh, can't be bothered looking through your posts. Plus, what MetalMarsh sums up my thinking.

Also, Triple J, what's the heck is your comment on my RYM page about?
Which metalmarsh post is this, Floyd?
The annoyingly long one with heaps of spoilers.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p187680 This one?
Yep, that one
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Yep, that one
You voted for me because you liked MM's case against seaside?

:huh:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Elohcin wrote:I ask again...who came up with the sudden suspicion of seaside?
I helped build momentum I think.
ImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Based on this, a Jay lynch should stay on the table for tomorrow, but I'll have to look at Diiny as well.
Keep in mind that Diiny was very nearly the alternate candidate to Mac yesterday.

Also, now that I'm not a dummy and remembered that different sites play Mafia differently, I have a question.
@ Sloonei & MP, have the would-be victims of night kills been told that they were protected?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway I'm going to bed. SInce I've been given the chance I'll finish my Mac reviews later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Anyway I'm going to bed. SInce I've been given the chance I'll finish my Mac reviews later.
You're welcome.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh geez. RIP seaside.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I ask again...who came up with the sudden suspicion of seaside?
I'm certainly a guilty party.
I believe Epi started it. I also made a fairly large case, though.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Based on this, a Jay lynch should stay on the table for tomorrow, but I'll have to look at Diiny as well.
Yeah. I never even thought seaside could have actual info. Seems so obvious in hindsight - that's one of the only roles that could have acted that way.

It looks increasingly like one of those two is bad. I also think the results makes Floyd look a bit better. He was a leading vote-getter going into the end, and all but one of his votes stayed put.

Linki: Sleep sounds better than a tuna steak right now. Hopefully tomorrow brings better things.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RadicalFuzz wrote:@ Sloonei & MP, have the would-be victims of night kills been told that they were protected?
No.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: The Girls Want to Be Dead with the Girls

Roxy has been modkilled for inactivity. She was Girlfriend Is Better.
fingersplints has been killed by ?????. She was Once in a Lifetime.

It is still Night 7. Send in those PMs.
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Yep, that one
You voted for me because you liked MM's case against seaside?

:huh:
Dammit, must have put in the wrong link.

I can't be bothered find it, I'm tired, and it's only 2:15 pm over here.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Three civilians in one Day, plus kills to come.

This is why modkilling is bullshit, folks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Wow
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

I was working out some math Scum will win if there are are an equal number of scum to town, we need a mafia lynch in the next 4 days or we lose. Each scum killed after that increases the length the town will live by one day.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Three civilians in one Day, plus kills to come.

This is why modkilling is bullshit, folks.
Same as it ever was.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Jesus Christ :disappoint:

Worst part is, I can't even sense how many baddies are on the seaside mislynch. It could totally be a civ influenced flipwagon.

How can a kill have been performed within the Night phase? Is this civ or bad skill?

This Must Be the Place, if you're still out there, I could use a protection tonight.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Jesus Christ :disappoint:

Worst part is, I can't even sense how many baddies are on the seaside mislynch. It could totally be a civ influenced flipwagon.

How can a kill have been performed within the Night phase? Is this civ or bad skill?

This Must Be the Place, if you're still out there, I could use a protection tonight.
I don't know if you'd call it a nightkill. Her role was revealed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Jesus Christ :disappoint:

I don't know if you'd call it a nightkill. Her role was revealed.
It's still a kill, compared to a modkill. Performed by someone. during the night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ture.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, did I understand correctly that people are looking into the Day 3 lynch for when seaside did his check? :confused: I wasn't top wagon that day and wasn't lynched, so how could he have spotted manipulation on me or get a clear sense of manipulation out of a lynch that happened to be normal... well, at least in the sense that Golden was lynched as top wagon, but had the power to bounce it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Also, did I understand correctly that people are looking into the Day 3 lynch for when seaside did his check? :confused: I wasn't top wagon that day and wasn't lynched, so how could he have spotted manipulation on me or get a clear sense of manipulation out of a lynch that happened to be normal... well, at least in the sense that Golden was lynched as top wagon, but had the power to bounce it.
Seaside would presumably have been able to look at all of the tallies from that day, not just the lynchee.

Also, I just realized, there was no Night 2. Drugs could not have used his power by Day 3, meaning that no one was drugged at that point.

So if there was a vote manipulation on your lynch, then it had to be a civvie power.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I wasn't lynched. What vote manipulation on my lynch? :rolleyes:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, you didn't chime in, do you think splints was killed by civ or baddie?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

RIP seaside, Roxy, splints

I can't even comprehend what happened here. I figured 3J was getting lynched for sure (despite my misgivings) or by some miracle, Floyd (which I would've been thrilled with).

Metalmarsh and motel room were part of this seaside lynch wagon which saved 3J and Floyd (all four of the underline were a part of my G2H Mafia team). Epignosis played a part in this as well.

I've been shuffling back and forth with 3J ever since Mac flipped, but this day phase makes me believe he is certainly Mafia. The only other possibility I see is if 3J is town and so was seaside, this means a Mafia team consisting of Metalmarsh, Epignosis, and Motel Room bandwagoned one civvie (seaside) in exchange for the other (3J), in the hopes that 3J would most certainly be lynched the following day phase. Or maybe 3J is still Mafia in this scenario, after all, I saw a post by Epignosis saying however seaside flips, we should lynch Choutas next for suspicious behavior?!

Anyway, just spitballing here. I'm going to reread what happened a few times.

Sorry to see Roxy and splints gone. I sincerely hoped they'd return, but RIP nonetheless.
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

I can't leave you guys alone. What the shit happened?
Literally just some fucking guy.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - I don't think you saw my post previously.
Matt F wrote:3J - I've been hesitant to put my vote on you because quite simply, I think of you as an expert player and I don't think you would paint Mac town all game knowing if he flipped Mafia, you'd be pretty much done.

However, it looks like you're getting lynched today.

I'd like you to, if you would, let the town know who you think we should go after following today's lynch. Focus on one or two names and let us know, man, cuz remember, all the civvies win (dead or alive) if the town wins the game.

Also, I don't know if you ever talked about this...

After Mac's lynch, I posted how I thought it was super questionable how Strawhenge referred to Mac as your and Motel Room's "scum buddy", yet he refused to put a vote on Mac. What are your thoughts on this?

In my super short read of you (pages 17 - 14 of your ISO), I also pointed out how way back when, you and Motel Room were questioning people who saw Mac as suspicious. I think in your G2H, you listed Motel Room as "good", and I'd like to know why.

Good luck to you today, sir. I've decided I'm not going to vote for you because I really do think you're good, however, if you want to try and get the town to get on board with a Floyd lynch, I'm down. :clap:
Well, I guess you did because
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:While I appreciate the support, I am going to be a jerk and make a general statement:

I think the mafia team benefits from my survival almost as much as they benefit from my lynch (possibly even more since they'd be delaying the nearly-inevitable, so long as they're comfortable about the counterwagon right now). For that reason, I am increasingly wary of the people who have taken my side (or decided not to take either side), especially those I wouldn't have expected.

Matt F -- I didn't anticipate his support. It is abrupt.

>snip<
Anyway, what are your thoughts on Strawhenge accusing Mac of being your and motel room's "scum buddy" yet refusing to vote for Mac in the lynch? By calling you and motel room Mac's "scum buddy", he is essentially calling Mac "scum", yet absolutely refused to change his vote to either Mac or Diiny during yesterday's phase. Is that weird to you?

What are your thoughts on motel room? Previously in the game he was seen questioning a player why they were suspicious of Mac, then he tried his hardest to sway a Mac lynch yesterday, and today he helps bandwagon a civvie after a scum-looking candidate (try not to be biased, I'm referring to you) was almost certain to be lynched.

Per the color - If you were a civilian role that somehow, someway benefited the Mafia more if you were alive (?!?!?!? to quote MacDougall "What. The. Fuck."), they would first have to know you were that role. I believe there is a scum role which copies their targets power or somesuch, so theoretically, they could've found you out, but I think this is stretching. I don't see how your role would benefit the Mafia more if you were alive. Obviously you can't answer because of info, but I don't see it. I'll check the remaining possible civvie roles.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm sorry, I'm so tired.

I get what you mean, 3J. Benefits from your survival, because yes, you're still super suspicious and that would take away from them.

Anyway, if that's the case, how do you feel about Metalmarsh, Epignosis, and motel room being a baddie team that wanted to bandwagon seaside only to get you the following day?

Also, I still think you're more likely scum then not, but on the off chance I'm wrong, I'd still like to hear your opinion.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ummmm

Day 1

sig
motel room (11), JaggedJimmyJay (16), Long Con (21), birdwithteeth11 (26) 11%

Day 2

Long Con
Choutas (12), sig (16), seaside (17), DrWilgy (18), motel room (31), bcornett24 (32), JaggedJimmyJay (34), Russtifinko (35) 21%

Day 5

espers
Russtifinko (18), motel room (20), JaggedJimmyJay (22), RadicalFuzz (23), Metalmarsh89 (30), Diiny (31), Ricochet (32), Matt F (34) 24%

Day 6

Diiny
sig (22), seaside (23), MacDougall (24), motel room (26), Choutas (27), JaggedJimmyJay (28)

Day 7

seaside
Epignosis (20), motel room (21), Metalmarsh89 (23), JaggedJimmyJay (24), bcornett24 (25), Russtifinko (26), Diiny (27), Elohcin (28) 29%

Okay so, voting together 5 out of 7 days is one thing. Actively discouraging the lynch of a now confirmed scum on Day 6 is another. Bandwagoning a civilian on Day 7 to avoid lynching a highly suspicious very possible scum...

What's up?
Image Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Matt F are you still around? Ask me any questions you have for me. You're tunnelling me it seems, which is fine except that by including me in all your scenarios so hard you're not helping town. Believe me or not.

You've been sold on me since mac's flip, fine. For whatever reason no one else during the GTH thingy had me as scum, so hey maybe you're wrong.

You haven't actually replied to my response to your last accusation of me. Either ask me questions or consider other options. I'll be here for a bit.
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

motel room wrote:Matt F are you still around? Ask me any questions you have for me. You're tunnelling me it seems, which is fine except that by including me in all your scenarios so hard you're not helping town. Believe me or not.

You've been sold on me since mac's flip, fine. For whatever reason no one else during the GTH thingy had me as scum, so hey maybe you're wrong.

You haven't actually replied to my response to your last accusation of me. Either ask me questions or consider other options. I'll be here for a bit.
I did ask you a question. "What's up?" What's up with you and 3J voting together 5 out of 7 times, actively discouraging the lynch of a now confirmed scum, bandwagoning a civilian on Day 7?

Motel Room, now that it seems seaside most likely had information, and since he was voting 3J after repeatedly suspecting him throughout the game, what is your feeling on 3J?

I will find your response to my last accusation and we'll go from there. Give me a bit, I'll also be looking at how you and 3J came to your conclusions on each day you voted together.
Image Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Matt F wrote:Ummmm

Day 1

sig
motel room (11), JaggedJimmyJay (16), Long Con (21), birdwithteeth11 (26) 11%

Day 2

Long Con
Choutas (12), sig (16), seaside (17), DrWilgy (18), motel room (31), bcornett24 (32), JaggedJimmyJay (34), Russtifinko (35) 21%

Day 5

espers
Russtifinko (18), motel room (20), JaggedJimmyJay (22), RadicalFuzz (23), Metalmarsh89 (30), Diiny (31), Ricochet (32), Matt F (34) 24%

Day 6

Diiny
sig (22), seaside (23), MacDougall (24), motel room (26), Choutas (27), JaggedJimmyJay (28)

Day 7

seaside
Epignosis (20), motel room (21), Metalmarsh89 (23), JaggedJimmyJay (24), bcornett24 (25), Russtifinko (26), Diiny (27), Elohcin (28) 29%

Okay so, voting together 5 out of 7 days is one thing. Actively discouraging the lynch of a now confirmed scum on Day 6 is another. Bandwagoning a civilian on Day 7 to avoid lynching a highly suspicious very possible scum...

What's up?
I like that I'm first to vote on all of these at least, because jjj possibly buddying me is flattering. And weirdly enough, if I'm to take notice of this and start badgering jjj more that'll be me playing into your prediction you mentioned a few posts up that the scum team with me on it planned to turn on jjj next day right? So yeah, maybe something's up but also maybe I'm being played by you.

Seaside was more suspicious to me, and others but I can't say if they're genuine, than the other two. I said that. That was my read. Do you not believe my suspicions of him and my reasons?

linki: "What's up?" doesn't feel very genuine or directed at anyone.

I don't know how I feel about jjj, or Diiny. I'm not sure what information, based on seaside's role, made him so certain - maybe you can help Matt? If Drugs is the only vote manipulation role that the scums have, what could seaside have possibly saw that made him so certain it was one of those three? I don't get it.
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Matt F wrote:Floyd (which I would've been thrilled with).
Would you care to explain why?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

So, which roles remain at the moment?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

TheFloyd73 wrote:So, which roles remain at the moment?
why are you interested?
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

motel room wrote:
why are you interested?
I want to know how many Mafia remain. If I can work out who's scum, I could perhaps put roles on them.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
why are you interested?
I want to know how many Mafia remain. If I can work out who's scum, I could perhaps put roles on them.
we don't know definitively which roles remain. But you should definitely try that working out who's scum thing.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

alright, I'm going for a run, checking this thread one more time, and then getting off the internet for the rest of the night. Or getting off on the internet maybe but either way not here
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Find that MM post, floyd.

If you can't, which won't suprise me, tell me why j is bad or why you thought he was bad in your own words.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Answers in red
motel room wrote:
Matt F wrote:Switching my vote to motel room for now.

For those of you who don't like to ISO players yourselves, here's some fun times with motel room lovin' him some MacDougall.
motel room wrote:well ok i voted Mac and Dr Wilgy cos whatever I guess
You didn't address this

^---Dusk 0 Vote
motel room wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this MacDougal character.
Seems genuine to me so far. What about him makes you feel otherwise?
You question a civilian as to why he finds Mac suspicious.

His overall hostility requires evaluation. I'm not sure I think he's malevolent, but he's someone I definitely want to watch.
I hope a bit of friendly hostility isn't an alignment indicator over here.
Then brush off his suspicion.

Okey dokey
motel room wrote:Matt F's theory is sketchy and I don't why he's so confident about it.

Mac's theory on epi seems more likely and more based in evidence...

>SNIP<

Mac himself has mostly seemed towny to me, up until he jumped off his Sorsha wagon and started pursuing Matt F over what started as a mild ping or whatever he called it. After that it seemed like mac was in chaos mode and was less about "who is scum" and more about "what can I get away with". But I say "was" because I like how he responded to Matt F's accusation - I read some others are using this as evidence against but I see it as positive evidence.
My theory was sketchy (to be fair, it was) but I'm more interested in "Mac's maybe bad but no but maybe and oh yeah a few days later I will do my damndest to get Strawhenge to save Mac and then say I was trying to get him to slip up" ?!?!
This is going to be me defending myself but basically I'm being as transparent as I can in the post I wrote. I thought Mac was town and the only point where I doubted that was when he switched off the Sorsha wagon he was fighting for to jump on you which didnt feel genuine. But then the way he responded made comfortable again that he was just being fiery rather than seeing what he could get away with. I was wrong.
Matt F wrote:
motel room wrote:So reading all of this about how Long Con set up this big ol bus seems so far fetched to me. Remembering back to the day he was lynched, he was a contender but not the contender. I'm fairly sure that my return vote on him put him back in the lead and I know I did that from a genuine suspicion of him so I can't really get behind any of these "strategy" scenarios. He may have wanted out and told teammates not to fight it too hard but I really doubt it was a planned bus. My two cents, for the guy who is pretty sure Mac is scum cos of that idea. I still think mac is town.
Second theory in a row that makes Mac look bad that Motel Room says "NOPE NOT HAVIN' IT"

Towards the end of the Day Phase, Motel Room and 3J try their hardest to get Strawhenge to change his vote to save Mac. Later after lynch says he was tryinig to get Strawhenge to "slip up". Bogus. Bogus bogus bogus.
Yes I defended Mac again, and yes I was pressuring Straw to see what he'd do but I dont see how they're related here? Not related, the Straw stuff should've been in Miscellaneous. Anyway yes you did defend Mac again. Was that your sole defense? Also, I still don't get how you were trying to get Straw to "slip up". It seemed like you were very much against a Mac lynch.
Matt F wrote:Day 2 Lynch Phase (Long Con Lynch)
motel room wrote:in fact yep Long Con for now
motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:How is it, that not one regular syndicater voted for LC? How is it, that none of the Rym players don't take that into consideration? Are we missing something here?
I think he's suss but that translated into a vote from me because he kept being mentioned as suss back on day 1 but he was never a lynch contender, which is a thing that I feel scum can then point back at their posts and say "i thought he was suss, see". Anyway I had a vote on him for a good portion of today and he hasn't flinched or questioned it or brought it up, not sure what that says. And now he's lead lynchguy, there's even an unexplained vote from Choutas on him (or well, I havent seen him mention his vote in thread).

So like, I dunno are we missing something here?
At this point, has a conversation with Epi about the Long Con lynch. Epi doesn't want to lynch Long Con, motel room asks why, Epi explains, motel room does this...
motel room wrote:Alright, switching to Choutas, hi
What's hilarious about this, is after the lynch period is over, motel room immediately sets his sights on Sorsha (a civilian) and Epignosis...even though he was quite easily swayed by Epignosis to change his vote. motel room just comes off real bad here IMO. But no matter, eventually when people aren't feeling the Choutas lynch, motel room does this before Day 2 ends...
I was swayed by the amount of vouching for Long Con that was coming from the Syndicate camp. It wasn't just Epignosis. It was the reverse of what just happened with RYMers and Mac. So later, I guess the hilarious part?, I was ok with a Sorsha lynch because it was generated by ppl I kinda trusted, and Epi was my own read still. This was after like 3 real life days of not being online also bear in mind.
Matt F wrote:
motel room wrote:getting back on Long Con for now. Not feeling the bcornett lynch, i believed his post just then I guess. Llama, yeah maybe.
Well, at least he got his vote back on Long Con and can look civvie for it.
I liked him better of the options and figured what the hey to the people vouching for him. So you were swayed by the people voting for Long Con, hence you changing your vote to Choutas, but in the end, figured "what the hey to the people vouching for him" ? ?
Matt F wrote:Miscellaneous
motel room wrote:
Sorsha wrote:For the sake of putting the "Where did they get that Zebra=keterman" questions to rest, this is the post where Zebra acknowledges his previous names on other sites.... its down in the green text by the coffee cup emoticon:
yeah he outright said it. No one reading these posts? Everyone just skimming for their own name?
This is back when Sorsha pointed out my mistake in thinking Roxy and Zebra were on the baddie team together. What's interesting, is before this, motel room doesn't bother to tell anyone "yeah he outright said it", only waits until a civvie lets people know. It is important to note that motel room does previous say "oh Keterman = RBZ" but never stops me from making accusations at Roxy or RBZ because of it...not until Sorsha does anyway.
This is weak, I dont get this. What are you saying? What I was trying to say is that it seemed clear as day to you that Zebra did in fact tell everyone he was Keterman in a post, yet you didn't try to point that out while I was accusing Zebra and Roxy of being partners because of my own mistake missing that post. But I agree, I think I was stretching things here because I really think you're a Mafia and see bad all over you. This segment isn't that important and I concede.
Matt F wrote:
motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:Not the time, I know, but it's annoying me. What's the floyd's deal? He's posting regularly on OT as far as I can tell so he's not exactly short on time. Even if he was it's in nobody's best interest to post one off topic thing. Probably some stupid gambit.
I get the feeling he's in a bit over his head, our Floyd.
Nice defense of baddie Floyd.
He's new. He's like 16 I think and he's only just discovering that people can be fake and manipulative (judging by a thread he started over in RYM). Forgive me if I don't hammer his balls for saying odd things according to the way we play this. He may well be scum but I've seen new town say things they dont understand the connotations of before in innocence. Do you think he's good or bad?

How do you know he's scum? Heavy accentuation on the word K N O W. I don't know, you got me there. I very much suspect. Seeing as how seaside was civvie, though, I'm still looking at Floyd and 3J. Are you? Who's your top suspect as of now and why?
Matt F wrote:
motel room wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
truthfact
Lookie there, teamies Strawhenge and motel room bullying poor innocent Sorsha (AGAIN TO BE FAIR I VOTED SORSHA LIKE HALF THE GAME) Did you respond to this?
motel room wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
motel room wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Guys, my vote is all alone at the bottom of the poll. :(
why were you keen on a Straw vote? I may have missed it.
It's an OMGUS vote.
might be why its all alone then.
Defending teamie Strawhenge
Not a teammate. Trying to challenge a potential weak lynch attempt by metalmarsh. What are your current thoughts on Metalmarsh? What does a "potential weak lynch attempt" look like, an example?
Matt F wrote:
motel room wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:My first lack of inclusion was genuinely from stuff going on in my life that was messing with my head. And I will say AGAIN that if you wish to discuss this further, please PM me.
Has anyone PMed you?
No, not about that topic anyway. would you like to be the first?
Oh ok, like just from teammates?

I hope your head's ok now man.
Doesn't pursue this at all. Says later he "felt bad".

:sigh:

I don't like this.
Already answered on Floyd. And here's a thing, but you can try and paint it as defence of a teammate or whatever you want but I got a PM from Roxy, non-game related, about some interrogation room thing for this site. Now I don't believe people on the internet are real so I rarely engage but perhaps Floyd did?

Or perhaps not, maybe he's a scum that slipped. I don't know because I'm not in a position to know. Are you in a position to file him as a civilian or mafia? What do you think his alignment is? Frankly, you ask him a great question about "teammates" and then never pursue. He just said he's been getting other PM's! Yes, he could mean Roxy's Interrogation E-mail, I got that one too! Maybe he means one of the many PMs between him and Moving Pictures when they're talking about not spamming the thread. You know what would be great? Is if Floyd said as much when questioned. I'm not sure where I currently am on Floyd, but I do think you and 3J are bad.
Image Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

holy shit I'm not touching that monster post any more. I'll pull out your red and reply and you'll just have to remember what I'm replying to. Cos damn some of that still isnt actually questions.
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

motel room wrote:holy shit I'm not touching that monster post any more. I'll pull out your red and reply and you'll just have to remember what I'm replying to. Cos damn some of that still isnt actually questions.
You could just quote it, and then put your answers in blue. Then we know where the convo's been and where it's currently at.

Anyway, I'm out. I'll be back in the morning to continue our discussion.

What does everyone in the thread think about 3J and Motel room voting together 5 out of 7 day phases, dissuading players from voting MacDougall during Day 6, and bandwagoning a civilian Day 7?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt F wrote: What does everyone in the thread think about 3J and Motel room voting together 5 out of 7 day phases, dissuading players from voting MacDougall during Day 6, and bandwagoning a civilian Day 7?
Came back to re quote this and say, no matter what other fluff is being thrown around, the above is the important stuff. So whattaya think?

Night
Image Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

You didn't address this (my dusk 0 vote) - it wasn't a question. But anyway, yes those were my votes for a game mechanic I still don't know what they do.

You question a civilian as to why he finds Mac suspicious. - yes
Then brush off his suspicion. (about hostile players or whatever) - yes, because I know mac is a sweary, aggressive player and I've been told I can be one too.

Not related, the Straw stuff should've been in Miscellaneous. Anyway yes you did defend Mac again. Was that your sole defense? Also, I still don't get how you were trying to get Straw to "slip up". It seemed like you were very much against a Mac lynch. - well yeah, that's my defence because I thought he was town. Like, we're gonna get nowhere if you don't fucking stop to consider I might have just thought mac was town.

And the Strawhenge thing, jesus. He even gets it. You're being obtuse.

So you were swayed by the people voting for Long Con, hence you changing your vote to Choutas, but in the end, figured "what the hey to the people vouching for him" ? ? - yes. Thank you for repeating what I said but in question form.

What I was trying to say is that it seemed clear as day to you that Zebra did in fact tell everyone he was Keterman in a post, yet you didn't try to point that out while I was accusing Zebra and Roxy of being partners because of my own mistake missing that post. But I agree, I think I was stretching things here because I really think you're a Mafia and see bad all over you. This segment isn't that important and I concede. - oh ok. Good to know.

Do you think he's good or bad? (about floyd)- if you've read my posts from the end of Day 7 you'll have your answer. Godspeed, Reader F.

I don't know, you got me there. I very much suspect. Seeing as how seaside was civvie, though, I'm still looking at Floyd and 3J. Are you? Who's your top suspect as of now and why? - you also very much suspect me but you're wrong. I'd suspect JJJ moreso than Floyd based on that last post of his lol, but neither of them heavily. I'll be reassessing all that shit tomorrow.

Did you respond to this? (about Sorsha suspicion) - that I was suspicious of Sorsha? No because it wasn't a question. Yes I was suspicious of Sorsha but as I said somewhere already this was mostly a borrowed read from people I trusted as town before my town radar got shot to shit.

What are your current thoughts on Metalmarsh? What does a "potential weak lynch attempt" look like, an example? - I like him a bit better than I did before. It looks like:
"why isn't anyone getting on my wagon here I put all this effort into, it should be considered" minus any actual case or effort (it was an OMGUS vote remember). Sans case.

Are you in a position to file him as a civilian or mafia? What do you think his alignment is? Frankly, you ask him a great question about "teammates" and then never pursue. He just said he's been getting other PM's! Yes, he could mean Roxy's Interrogation E-mail, I got that one too! Maybe he means one of the many PMs between him and Moving Pictures when they're talking about not spamming the thread. You know what would be great? Is if Floyd said as much when questioned. I'm not sure where I currently am on Floyd, but I do think you and 3J are bad. (Floyd again) - Gets to a point when I feel like you haven't read my posts or my opinions. It could be a scum slip up, yes I said yes im saying yes again. If he gets lynched I'm not gonna fucking sweat it. But hey hey get this, if he's not scum your case on him makes him the piss easiest fallguy for a scum to capitalise on, yay or nay? So I'm wary.

I think that's all. I hope you read it.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Now keep considering me as scum, by all means. But consider me as not scum too and see how your theories hold up. I notice you like your theories to wrap as many names as suits from a scum team operating. If that works for you, over individual scumminess, knock yourself out.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”