[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 8] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

And do you know why Russtifinko is mafia? Because he posted on Night 1, the same night that Thank You for Sending Me an Angel nightkilled k4j.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Assessing sig

Black Rock related stuff:
sig wrote:First sorry Choutas for calling you the wrong name it was completely by accident. Looking at how Mac flipped I am revising my opinion on Diiny I am know thinking in light of Mac's flip Diiny is clean.

I still think Choutas is scum and he should be lynched, especially after his posts defending Mac. However, I could also very easily see JJJ being scum, especially after he switched from Black rock to Diiny.

This flip also makes Epi and Rico look much better to me, I am reading both as solid town.

I'm going to reread yesterday, but for the time I won't be casting my vote.
This post came on Day 7. Black Rock was modkilled on Night 7. It's a bit strange that sig is making this specific accusation of me before we knew BR's alignment -- potentially premature throwing of the shade by someone who already knew she was mafia.

This was also his only mention of BR prior to her death. BR never mentioned sig.

~~~

MacDougall related stuff:
sig wrote:linki: MacDougall why is he a liability?
First mention of Mac, on Day 2, in regard to his suggestion that seaside is a liability early in the game.
sig wrote:Choutas
Since he deserves to die almost as much as I do for being a horribly person who didn't take the few insignificant moments to vote, Choutas deserves to die almost as much as I do so just go and die Choutas.

Plus I have a feeling he might be the SK why else would he try to stop us from discussing it? Right know the SK is going after high profile civs we've got to focus some attention on him as well imo, but I deserve to die so am I really worth listening to? Please review Choutas posts there is just something off about them

linki: Why does Mac deserve to die, (how is he the SK)
Second mention of Mac isn't until Day 5, to question whether he should be lynched or is the SK.
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:Voting MACDOUGALL today, tomorrow, until he's lynched basically
I would be willing to lynch him today, though let us not forget the Devin lynch or those who pushed for Sorsha. She didn't deserve to die.

The Day is 5 the time is 10:26 EST
Attempt 1: I tried to leave the house to be bitten by a rattlesnake I know the the snake will know I deserve to die. The front door is locked and the parents won't let me out so I went to my room built a rope using my boy scout skills out of my bed sheets and grappled out the window, down the wall in an attempt to find a rattlesnake. I've safely gotten out the window without falling to my death or my "rope" breaking looks like Boy scouts did teach me something and will begin my search for a rattlesnake in the concrete jungle of Philadelphia after this post. Hopefully it will realize I deserve to die then using it's magic snake powers like in Jungle Book convince y'all to vote for me.
Pledges his willingness to lynch Mac on Day 5 without much prior content to support this new stance -- adds a vague caveat about the prior mislynch of Sorsha to remove personal conviction from the pledge and promotes a Devin lynch instead.
sig wrote:In theory that is true but what happens when the SK is targeting people high profile civs? It seems this helps the mafia as the SK kills have done more damage to the civs then the mafia kills.

Let's also remember Sorsha suspected Mac did she not?
Contributes to the Mac-as-SK discussion and lends pseudo support via a reference to Sorsha's suspicion of Mac -- as a question.
sig wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote:
The Day is 5 the time is 10:26 EST
Attempt 1: I tried to leave the house to be bitten by a rattlesnake I know the the snake will know I deserve to die. The front door is locked and the parents won't let me out so I went to my room built a rope using my boy scout skills out of my bed sheets and grappled out the window, down the wall in an attempt to find a rattlesnake. I've safely gotten out the window without falling to my death or my "rope" breaking looks like Boy scouts did teach me something and will begin my search for a rattlesnake in the concrete jungle of Philadelphia after this post. Hopefully it will realize I deserve to die then using it's magic snake powers like in Jungle Book convince y'all to vote for me.
What the hell are these posts? You were already punished to desire death. I'm not seeing any second challenger in the roles. Unless the power absorber really exists. It can't be the Mafia, because Sorsha was lynched.
I deserve to die for not explaining why I wrote such things, I guess you're just going to have to guess though.

I find the argument for Epi being the SK to have some good points, after considering the Mac Sk theory I'm not as confident in it.

Choutus why am I red on your list?

I'm leaning to an Epi vote today especially with the FZ killing it isn't looking good for him. I will need to look over Devin again I know he was second place yesterday and had been gaining attention for awhile.
Changes his stance to preferring Epi as a SK candidate over Mac, asserts there are "some good points" and lost confidence in the SK case against Mac.
sig wrote:Rico was a top lynch candidate he has since then been making very big posts I notice he is trying to know direct attention away from those who defended LC to those such as myself who were slightly against LC, what is everyone's thoughts on this? Could he be mafia trying to turn attention to another set of civs to lynch?

Diiny was an option for lynching and his posts have declined, could he perhaps be mafia? I'm thinking he might be and if he is I'm pretty sure so is JJJ. It isn't much to go on I know, but that is were I will be voting for the time.

I'm thinking out of the mafia team we might have one or two high to mid level poster but most of the mafia is among those who aren't posting as much or aren't contributing, instead of leading mislynches they are allowing the civs to do it and just voting with it.

Lynch Diiny

I'm suspicious of Mac, Floyd, Seaside, and Choutus.
Floyd has an RL situation and I'm not surprised if he is having difficulty this game it is extremely fast paced and heavy with text.
Mac I can see the arguments against him, but with the current trend of mislynching I'm unsure about him and need to think on it some.
Choutus I'm just getting bad vibes from him, I still think he is more likely to be the SK then mafia, but either way I would be happy with voting for him.
The highlighted portion is suspicious, as I've already said. It would be prudent to explore sig's prior material to find evidence that he had a genuine reason to vote for Diiny over Mac. I've done the research and consider these to be the relevant posts:
Day 1:
sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
Day 2:
sig wrote:While I don't find him saying 2 scum suspicious I'm curios why he picked out these two players.
So Seaside why do you find Wilgy and Diiny scummy?
Who else do you find suspicious who do you think is clean why?

@TheFloyd73
Why did you vote for AceofSpades?
What do you think of the night kills?
What do you think about Seaside and why?

You are active enough to come and place a vote so please answer my questions I won't bite :hug:
Day 4:
sig wrote:Getting accused by Epignosis can certainly be a death knell.
I will most likely be voting for Devin today but I'm starting to think a Choutus lynch might be good. This is mainly based around his comments about the SK. I also would like to hear some more from Diiny he has gone off the radar completely.
Day 5:
sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:DrWilgy, Sig... Speak.
hello,
I would have spoke sooner but I just know after running through the streets was able to escape the cops in what became a city wide manhunt, I really do deserve to die for wasting their time in such a manner but since none of you offered to help pay my bail or hide me in your home I'm glad I didn't turn myself in,after getting caught in someones house using their computer to post, while walking home from my attempt to find a rattlesnake. :workit:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:EBWOP: voting Diiny today. Sorry hosts!
why Diiny could you explain your reasoning for it?

Epi who do you think that one player is?
There is at least some precedent for sig being suspicious of Diiny, albeit not much. That suspicion seems tempered by his questioning of other players who have voted for or expressed suspicion of Diiny at other junctures of the game. Generally it does seem to me that sig had little motive to pursue a Diiny lynch, and he can't be credited for having "chosen" one of the premier wagons of the day because his vote was the first of the final Diiny votes on Day 6. :suspish:
MacDougall wrote:
FZ. wrote:I'm not a fan of neither the Sig nor the Diiny lynch at this time. Just my two cents if anyone cares.
I love posts like this.

"I've got no reason for it, but both the lynch candidates aren't good ones imo."

One invariably flips town...

"See I told you so. :pout:"

Please use your words.
Mac gives FZ crap for a post made in defense of sig and Diiny.
MacDougall wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I guess those who haven't caught up might need some more context on that image. It consists of a game JJJ championed where myself, JJJ, Mac, and Golden stated gun-to-head reads on every single player with only "Good" and "Bad" as the available options, no "Neutral". As you can see, it's a little disconcerting that there was not one player that more than two of us thought was bad.
it pretty much says that one of you guys is scum and doesn't want to agree with other players that scum players look scummy. You actually look the best for giving an enormous amount of scum players. Mac looks the worst for giving only six and two if his are two of my strongest town reads(DrWilgy and MattF).

I also adore how you find sig a consensus townie. Yeah someone in the quartet is deffo scum.
Sig hasn't really done anything that I've noted as overtly bad. Convince me otherwise please instead of just laughing about the fact that others disagree with you.

Explain how having more town reads than scum reads is scummy. Never heard that one before.

Tell me again why DrWilgy and MattF are big town reads for you? Please read my post on MattF before you do though.

Townies, please stop using wifom like it's actually more than just guessing. It makes it hard to scum hunt.
Choutas was severe in his mafia read on sig and Mac responded with a scold.
MacDougall wrote:sig - two posts refuting the argument that SK shouldn't be worried about by town... doesn't alarm me in the slightest
Mac was a bit forgiving of sig when he looked through the thread to quantify mentions of the SK by player.
MacDougall wrote:Sig

I actually think Sig looks the best around the LC lynch, but I hate that this guy who I have a real good town read on, just like Strawhenge, entertained MattF's case without a critical eye.

You two, you are very solid town reads. PLEASE CONTRIBUTE MORE.

So I've read these three and it just makes me depressed. All three are town reads to me. One is a noob that I can see easily being mislynched and the other two are not trying enough considering I think they are the towniest players in the game aside from JJJ.

Strawhenge, Sig, get yo fuck in here.
Mac gave a glowing report of sig in light of the LC mafia flip and prompted him to get involved.

That's all for Mac's mentions of sig.

~~~

sig's votes:

Dusk 0: JJJ (6), Epignosis (10)
Day 1: BWT (31)
Day 2: Long Con (16)
Day 3: Golden (30)
Day 4: none
Day 5: Devin (26)
Day 6: Diiny (22)
Day 7: JJJ (17)

~~~

Overall, I think there's plenty of reason for suspicion. My initial review of sig w/r/t Long Con interactions turned up mildly positive, but now that we have hard evidence that there was deliberate, hard, early bussing happening via Mac I am less inclined to view that so positively. The Diiny vote is highly questionable, and I think he has behaved suspiciously in the most recent phases in his treatment of me (I haven't bothered to include that in the above analysis because y'all don't know I'm town yet). Mac's treatment of him is kind of loud, but only in limited mentions -- and those were generally quite positive mentions. The interaction with Black Rock is non-existent, and the only BR mention is a bad one in my opinion (see the first point in this analysis).

Bad look.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And do you know why Russtifinko is mafia? Because he posted on Night 1, the same night that Thank You for Sending Me an Angel nightkilled k4j.
You're a troll.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Russtifinko.
Nope :beer:

MM - What do you think about 3J and Epignosis suspicious behavior? About 48 hours ago real time, neither of them liked Floyd getting "bandwagoned" and today they both suspect Floyd.

3J thinks the Mafia is trying to keep him alive so they can lynch him later. Epignosis leads a seaside train to avoid lynching 3J on Day 7, Epignosis now wants to lynch Floyd despite barely speaking about him the entire game and if I'm up to date YES Epig still believes 3J is Mafia. 3J is hesitant to suspect Epignosis because Epignosis suspects Floyd (even though everyone has no doubt).

Thoughts on the weirdness between them?

Linki - Epignosis - Let me be clear. Sorry for not being clear.

3J says the Mafia is avoiding his lynch because they want to hold off as long as they possibly can and then they will lynch him later.

You apparently "suspect" 3J of being Mafia, yet you started the train on seaside on Day 7 to avoid lynching 3J. Then today, you are trying to get a Floyd lynch going instead of 3J.

3J is "hesitant" to suspect you because you suspect Floyd (which everyone has no doubt).

Do you find 3J suspicious for this? Or no?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And do you know why Russtifinko is mafia? Because he posted on Night 1, the same night that Thank You for Sending Me an Angel nightkilled k4j.
You're a troll.
And probably mad that I didn't ask you, "Why Russ?"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:

MM - What do you think about 3J and Epignosis suspicious behavior? About 48 hours ago real time, neither of them liked Floyd getting "bandwagoned" and today they both suspect Floyd.

3J thinks the Mafia is trying to keep him alive so they can lynch him later. Epignosis leads a seaside train to avoid lynching 3J on Day 7, Epignosis now wants to lynch Floyd despite barely speaking about him the entire game and if I'm up to date YES Epig still believes 3J is Mafia. 3J is hesitant to suspect Epignosis because Epignosis suspects Floyd (even though everyone has no doubt).

Thoughts on the weirdness between them?

Linki - Epignosis - Let me be clear. Sorry for not being clear.

3J says the Mafia is avoiding his lynch because they want to hold off as long as they possibly can and then they will lynch him later.

You apparently "suspect" 3J of being Mafia, yet you started the train on seaside on Day 7 to avoid lynching 3J. Then today, you are trying to get a Floyd lynch going instead of 3J.

3J is "hesitant" to suspect you because you suspect Floyd (which everyone has no doubt).

Do you find 3J suspicious for this? Or no?
I can't find 3J suspicious for something he didn't do. I did it. Me.

I honestly don't understand how you could be this delusional. Are you really Bernie Sanders?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt F wrote:3J - You G2H Floyd as bad twice, you rainbow read him bad, you urged Sorsha to reconsider her position on Floyd, and you suspected seaside for calling Floyd town.

I don't think I exaggerated all of the above.

The main reason I'm doing this is because now I think you and Epignosis are scum partners.

I find it highly questionable that you would theorize that the Mafia is trying to avoid getting you lynched so they can fall back on it later if need be, and yet while Epignosis finds you "Mafia" (if that's still his idea, who knows?), he would rather lynch seaside (a civvie) yesterday and Floyd (who he pretty much has not talked about at all) today...yet you have reservations about Epignosis because he suspects Floyd as you do. I call bologna. I'm pretty sure every single player has suspected Floyd at some point in this game (whether they have said so in the thread or not), so your reason for being hesitant on Epignosis is highly suspect.

I also find it highly suspect that Epignosis has barely mentioned Floyd all game, but suddenly because of his weird "gambit" with MM, he wants to lynch Floyd instead of you.

Changing my vote to Epignosis
Are you talking about me marking him "yellow" in the rainbow? The color that is right in the bloody middle, or perhaps slightly south of the middle if you want to nitpick? That's not "I think he's bad" for goodness sake.

I proposed a possible explanation for the small number of votes on me at your request. I didn't say "I will absolutely vote for one of the people that seems to be trying to keep me alive". It's a possibility that I have acknowledged, and it has some influence upon my perspective of the current scenario. It doesn't define my perspective, or entirely comprise it. Epignosis isn't the only player who kept me alive on Day 7 -- he drove the lynch, based on another player's interaction with him (seaside), and other people joined the wagon. There are a ton of possibilities and a ton of variables, and you are only considering those that fit the narrative that you have written yourself.

It's so frustrating. :p
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:

My posts are "literally" dripping with what I think about Epignosis' behavior.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

The last player to call me delusional, we ended up lynching him and he was on the Mafia.

But that's cool beans, I see you do not want to answer the question.

Again, though, precisely on what day do you actually plan on going through with a 3J vote? Assuming you think he's bad? Tbh, I'm not sure what your opinion is of 3J anymore.

Linki - MM "literally" :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
You're a troll.
Sorry. :ninja:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

bcornett wrote:No I am not scum, when you linked this first time it confused me as the structuring and location was weird and I thought this was directed at Mac. Generally speaking, when I create a rainbow, they consist of two types of reads, gut reads based on content glimpse and interactions I have specifically noticed, these are my gut reads. Rainbow reads that are not gut reads tend to have a reason next to them within the rainbow. I tend to not have a preemptive vote ready, I prefer to look at all of the information collectively before I place a vote.
I somewhat believe this, thank you bcornett.
Wilgy stands on the side of a dim road. Only a slight bit of light breaks through the clouds. It's only enough light to cast shadows, making everything seem dimmer. Wilgy lights his cigar, it's warmth contradicting the cold grey that surrounds him. Across the road, bcornett stands there. Wilgy walks towards bcornett, and a light snow begins to fall. Wilgy meets him and pats him on the shoulder, whispers something and walks past him.
Matt F wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Man, I sure would love to vote for Choutas today.
Why? Is his roleclaim false?
I don't know, but I do have some reasons for thinking he may be scummy scummington scummiest scummerino of the sea.
Choutas wrote:
Matt F wrote:I'm outta here for a bit, but I just realized that 3J doesn't have one single vote yet.

To everyone who switched from 3J to seaside last Day Phase - What's up?

Peace out folks bbl

Oh and Choutas - Were you being funny about the "who do you suppose they targeted?" I guess I'll take you off my civvie for sure list.
It was bait.
Why did you think this was a good idea Choutas? sadly my "why" from before was ignored.
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Matt F wrote:I'm outta here for a bit, but I just realized that 3J doesn't have one single vote yet.

To everyone who switched from 3J to seaside last Day Phase - What's up?

Peace out folks bbl

Oh and Choutas - Were you being funny about the "who do you suppose they targeted?" I guess I'll take you off my civvie for sure list.
It was bait.
Anything revealing so far?
The scum would refrain from replying. You look good same with Matt.
Also, what makes you think this?
Matt F wrote:Dr Wilgy, did Floyd ever answer you about his thoughts on Epignosis?
He did not, sadly it became irrelevant though.

Everyone, how much of a priority is the SK?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think the PSK is a fine fellow who I would like to get along with.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt and others, can you please review the ISOs of sig recently produced by both Rico and I and share your perspectives? I am wary of tunneling and value anyone's feedback.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think the PSK is a fine fellow who I would like to get along with.
:ponder:
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Matt and others, can you please review the ISOs of sig recently produced by both Rico and I and share your perspectives? I am wary of tunneling and value anyone's feedback.
I will now.

What do you think of Floyd now that Black Rock has flipped Mafia?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh, and whenever Epignosis comes back...

Simple question - Do you believe 3J is Mafia or not?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:Oh, and whenever Epignosis comes back...

Simple answer - No.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Returning to the BR post I'd previously suggested would look good for Floyd in the event she flipped mafia. For context's sake, this was in response to Matt expressing suspicion of Floyd for acting lost despite placing votes:

[quote="Black Rock"]I'm more inclined to believe he is a lost civvie. I feel if he was on a Mafia team he would have some peeps to talk him through it.

I know it's no excuse for my slow catch up but I started this game going into Thanksgiving weekend and as a caterer my hours have been long. Tomorrow is our family TG dinner and also two different celebrations of my sons 3rd Bday. It's not going to get easier for me until Tuesday.[/quote]

Originally I think I read this the way I did because a player like Floyd, if town, provides the mafia a great opportunity to gain credibility via the TMI town-read (because he's likely to be lynched eventually because of his potential slips). A mafia BR would be taking advantage of the chance to peg Floyd correctly and perhaps fling a little poop at those who've read him as anything other than "lost civvie" later.

Now, I think I disagree with the version of JJJ that made the prior read. I think I was being too generous to Floyd here, because there's a mafia angle to be hypothesized too: BR didn't mention many players in this game in her limited time, and that she found any reason at all to talk about the player who is hardest to read objectively is in itself an interesting link. Perhaps the bit about the mafia team talking him through it was TMI.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't understand what Matt F is trying to accomplish here. I've articulated many times that my views on 3J are nuanced and not subject to a binary conclusion.

Hey Matt: I fucking handed MacDougall to you. And I'm on a team with 3J now? Get some reality in your head, mate.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EBWOP, stupid quotes. :rolleyes:

Returning to the BR post I'd previously suggested would look good for Floyd in the event she flipped mafia. For context's sake, this was in response to Matt expressing suspicion of Floyd for acting lost despite placing votes:
Black Rock wrote:I'm more inclined to believe he is a lost civvie. I feel if he was on a Mafia team he would have some peeps to talk him through it.

I know it's no excuse for my slow catch up but I started this game going into Thanksgiving weekend and as a caterer my hours have been long. Tomorrow is our family TG dinner and also two different celebrations of my sons 3rd Bday. It's not going to get easier for me until Tuesday.
Originally I think I read this the way I did because a player like Floyd, if town, provides the mafia a great opportunity to gain credibility via the TMI town-read (because he's likely to be lynched eventually because of his potential slips). A mafia BR would be taking advantage of the chance to peg Floyd correctly and perhaps fling a little poop at those who've read him as anything other than "lost civvie" later.

Now, I think I disagree with the version of JJJ that made the prior read. I think I was being too generous to Floyd here, because there's a mafia angle to be hypothesized too: BR didn't mention many players in this game in her limited time, and that she found any reason at all to talk about the player who is hardest to read objectively is in itself an interesting link. Perhaps the bit about the mafia team talking him through it was TMI.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think the PSK is a fine fellow who I would like to get along with.
:ponder:
Whaddya got, Floyd?

How do you feel about all these people voting for you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

A little over four hours ago
Epignosis wrote:I don't trust 3J
A few minutes ago
Epignosis wrote:

Simple answer - No.
:ponder: An explanation, Epignosis?

Linki - Yes, Epignosis, and as 3J pointed out to the thread many times while painting Mac town, Mac went after Long Con hard for his Bea gambit. And also I believe Ricochet brought up a very good case on MacDougall as well before he was lynched, so it's not as if you solely handed us MacDougall's head on a platter yourself.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:A little over four hours ago
A few minutes ago
Epignosis wrote:

Simple answer - No.

Linki - Yes, Epignosis, and as 3J pointed out to the thread many times while painting Mac town, Mac went after Long Con hard for his Bea gambit. And also I believe Ricochet brought up a very good case on MacDougall as well before he was lynched, so it's not as if you solely handed us MacDougall's head on a platter yourself.
I'm fucking with you. That's my explanation.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt, you're not going to leak anything out of me. I know my role, what I have to do, blah, blah, blah. I get that you're trying really hard, and I appreciate it, but now it's just...annoying, since you don't approach things with any sense of objectivity.

For example, Mac didn't go after Long Con hard for his bea gambit. He didn't. He commented on it. Mac didn't even VOTE Long Con that day. Please stop flying off the handle. Look at shit before you post.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Tbh Epignosis I haven't reread that whole LC/Mac thing for awhile, I was simply basing my comment off of 3J's repeated insistence that Mac must be town because he "went after Long Con".

Four hours ago you didn't trust 3J. Now you don't believe he's Mafia.

Dear Town,

If Epignosis does not provide a reason why he drastically changed his stance on 3J in a matter of hours, I encourage you to vote for him today.

Sincerely,

Delusional non-objective Matt F
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:Tbh Epignosis I haven't reread that whole LC/Mac thing for awhile, I was simply basing my comment off of 3J's repeated insistence that Mac must be town because he "went after Long Con".

Four hours ago you didn't trust 3J. Now you don't believe he's Mafia.

Dear Town,

If Epignosis does not provide a reason why he drastically changed his stance on 3J in a matter of hours, I encourage you to vote for him today.

Sincerely,

Delusional non-objective Matt F
You are Bernie Sanders' spawn.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Matt F wrote:A little over four hours ago
A few minutes ago
Epignosis wrote:

Simple answer - No.

I'm fucking with you. That's my explanation.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

So your answer to my simple question was to fuck with me?

In that case, I take it you do believe that 3J is on the Mafia team?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:You are Bernie Sanders' spawn.
It's about time someone complimented me. ;)
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:So your answer to my simple question was to fuck with me?

I've answered you so many times. I don't know how to say it any plainer.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I may vote Matt F.

I don't see why he's shoving his yes-or-no crotch in my face.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:I may vote Matt F.

In fact, I'm voting Matt F.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:I don't know, but I do have some reasons for thinking he may be scummy scummington scummiest scummerino of the sea.
Care to share, mate?
DrWilgy wrote:Everyone, how much of a priority is the SK?
I'd like to get lucky. Otherwise I want to kill mafia. Floyd might be a good candidate for both. What do you you think?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:
Matt F wrote:So your answer to my simple question was to fuck with me?

I've answered you so many times. I don't know how to say it any plainer.
I'm going to take that as a "Yes".
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Matt F wrote:Why isn't Epignosis after you?
Let's ask him.

Epi: are you truly concerned enough with my capacity for contribution to forego lynching me as a player you do not trust? Has your read of me changed in any manner since MacDougall flipped mafia?
I think you are the obvious candidate for the lynch. And obvious doesn't bode well. Look at Sorsha. Look at Devin. A Mafia team of 7 with LC and MacDougall on it and you go defending one heavily?
Yeah, that was supa plain.

Linki - Lol. You'll be lynching a civvie, but anything is better then lynching 3J, whom you believe to be on the Mafia team, right? :beer:

Linki - :haha:
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:you you
For some reason this typo is making me laugh a lot. The second one is italicized. What?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I may vote Matt F.

You said you were fucking with him, but I thought that was just a metaphor.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F's plan:

1. Think he's right.

2. Act accordingly.

3. Profit.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - Let's forget my non-objective delusional bitch ass for a sec...

Do you have an inkling as to how Epignosis views you? Tbh I'm still super confused as to whether he finds you civvie, Mafia, or SK. I suppose if he stopped "fucking with me" and gave real answers, I wouldn't be so confused.

But yeah, from everything Epignosis has said about you today, what do YOU personally believe he thinks of you? I'm only asking you because I can't seem to get a straight answer from him.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt F wrote:3J - Let's forget my non-objective delusional bitch ass for a sec...

Do you have an inkling as to how Epignosis views you? Tbh I'm still super confused as to whether he finds you civvie, Mafia, or SK. I suppose if he stopped "fucking with me" and gave real answers, I wouldn't be so confused.

But yeah, from everything Epignosis has said about you today, what do YOU personally believe he thinks of you? I'm only asking you because I can't seem to get a straight answer from him.
I think the disconnect here is that you're expecting a concrete read of one alignment or another -- I couldn't give you a "straight answer" about Epignosis's alignment either beyond just a gun to head read.

If I had to guess: Epignosis thinks there are a pile of reasons to suspect JJJ, but is given pause by JJJ's unrelenting effort level and the fact that a mafia flip by JJJ in this game would imply that JJJ is a rather crap player in a baddie alignment.

He can edit/refute/correct/whatever that if he wants.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:3J - Let's forget my non-objective delusional bitch ass for a sec...

Are you reading the thread?
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Matt F wrote:Why isn't Epignosis after you?
Let's ask him.

Epi: are you truly concerned enough with my capacity for contribution to forego lynching me as a player you do not trust? Has your read of me changed in any manner since MacDougall flipped mafia?
I think you are the obvious candidate for the lynch. And obvious doesn't bode well. Look at Sorsha. Look at Devin. A Mafia team of 7 with LC and MacDougall on it and you go defending one heavily?

Other items don't fit the narrative either. Black Rock has been revealed too, since people gunned for you. I gave a reason why that doesn't necessarily make you look better, but I have to try to manage all the data in this little pea brain of mine as well as possible.

I'm still juror #8 on you.
That you are trying to fit this into a "Epi and 3J are on a team together" makes you look ignorant.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I think the disconnect here is that you're expecting a concrete read of one alignment or another -- I couldn't give you a "straight answer" about Epignosis's alignment either beyond just a gun to head read.

If I had to guess: Epignosis thinks there are a pile of reasons to suspect JJJ, but is given pause by JJJ's unrelenting effort level and the fact that a mafia flip by JJJ in this game would imply that JJJ is a rather crap player in a baddie alignment.

He can edit/refute/correct/whatever that if he wants.
And there's more to it. The Black Rock issue. I called her out, you called her out.

We both know we're not on the same team. All of that information has to be factored in.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TheFlouyd73 again since I was only making a statement.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:We both know we're not on the same team. All of that information has to be factored in.
Come again?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh shut up MM.

I'm going to bed.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis, I have been reading the thread.

The only time you gave a "plain" answer about 3J today was when you told me "NO" (you did not think he was on the Mafia), and then when I brought up your quote about not trusting him, suddenly you're "fucking with me". Then by that, I assume you do think he's on the Mafia, but now you show me your quote where you're flip floppy on him.

Anyway, I know where my vote is staying today.

Choutas', Elohcin, bcornett, Russ (I'll forgive Russ though if he can't) - IF you are all civvie (or anti-Mafia) as I presume you to be, I especially encourage you to follow my vote today. That goes for the rest of the town, as well.

Linki - Nice catch, MM.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EPIGNOSIS

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So, those thoughts on the sig ISOs? On RadicalFuzz?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't feel like analysing them tonight Jay. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - After reviewing your and Rico's ISO, I concur it doesn't look favorable for sig.

On that note, whatever his alignment, I'd like to thank Ricochet for his analysis' (or is analyses the plural?) thus far in the game. Easy to read, and it looks like he puts in a lot of work. Looking forward to his thoughts on Motel Room (I haven't forgotten about you motel room! And strawhenge! And Floyd! and 3J! And (insert name here)!)

But yeah, let's lynch Epignosis today. His refusal to be clear on his thoughts of 3J, in addition to his readiness to lynch Floyd today despite him barely mentioning him all day, in addition to his train job on civvie seaside yesterday...

Either

a) 3J is right about the Mafia wanting to hold off on a 3J lynch until absolutely needed, in which Epignosis fits this theory to a tee

b) 3J and Epignosis are baddie partners, hence their weird non-suspicions of each other despite suspicious activity

c) ala MacDougall my "penis will shrivel up from embarrassment" if Epignosis is civvie.

Not sure between (a) and (b) right now, however 3J's reluctance to acknowledge Epignosis' behavior today has me leaning (b)

Anyway, it's been fun Mafiaing with ya all non-stop the last two days, but work beckons tomorrow so I won't be around much.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Strawhenge wrote:Apropos of nothing, for the record, I'm still really wary of people who are certain that none of Psycho Killer or MovingPictures's victims were scum. I don't know what that would implicate, but I think it's really weird that people are so sure that none of the considerable group of people who have not died by scum's hands were indeed scum.

Linki Matt: Understood.
:feb:sock tends to be the most bloody executioner. all hail GLOWCLOUDIMEANMP #this would have cracked lorab up.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”