[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Strawhenge »

Jay, keej, it's quite noble that you're trying to save your scumbuddy right now, but I'm not buying it.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:How could you idly name the mafia team if you didn't put the connections and the interactions together? You could have said the six scummiest players but no you said the mafia team which implies some kind of methodology used to tie those six together. OK admit you can't name the mafia team in a GTH manner.
You're probably right, I doubt I got them all.

But I tried anyway. In the space of less than one minute. You failed the GTH test and you hate it. ;)
The glass is broken, there are shards everywhere. You think Mac is town but you seem quite relaxed about his lynch. WAY TOO RELAXED. You said winning this game is very important to you, you were screaming that we're losing and that we can't afford to lynch another townie. Yet you sit idly and seem accepting of a Mac lynch despite calling him a townie.
I am not a vocal townie I can't be bothered. But you... You should have acted way differently.
:eye:

linki @Straw: Straw follow your heart. Search deep inside you and vote either of them. Don't let others make decisions for you. Btw bro MM won't happen today just sayin'
linki 2 @Straw: It could be townies also. We just believe Mac is town.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote: I found out you were the serial killer
Now
MacDougall wrote:And you riding that reason like a crutch makes me even more sure.

I think it's more likely, by sheer weight of numbers, that the SK intentionally failed to send in their kill. There are only 1, or 2 at most posters that I could see having forgotten to or not bothered from apathy. If the SK is any one of the remainder of the game then it was intentional and the only person who had any reason to withhold their kill would have been you and it was exactly so you could defend yourself this way.
Come on people. How would he find out I was the serial killer if I intentionally failed to send in my kill?
How does that make me scum?

My conviction in you being the serial killer is based on in thread evidence I presented a long time ago.

What occurred last night is not what I initially interpreted it as, so my rationalisation of how you being the serial killer and the result has changed when I came to terms with the fact that I was incorrect. I still believe you are the serial killer despite this. "I'd never forget to send in a PM" is no defence to the evidence I had already presented, nor is the unlikeliness of the recent case I presented against you an indictment of the initial evidence.

linki: Strawhenge, it's not a good look for you to just put your vote nowhere. You must have an opinion on Diiny and myself. And if you don't, you most certainly have time to come up with one.
My point is you keep spinning. You're lynching civilians for information you can't provide. You suspected someone you didn't vote for. You aren't searching for Mafia. And you wouldn't catch me for thread reasons if I was the serial killer. Wouldn't happen. You're not that good. No, you're not good at all. You're bad. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:Jay, keej, it's quite noble that you're trying to save your scumbuddy right now, but I'm not buying it.
This post is awful. You're not a town read.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Mac don't worry I'll shoot the knot when they try to lynch like in Il Bueno, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:How could you idly name the mafia team if you didn't put the connections and the interactions together? You could have said the six scummiest players but no you said the mafia team which implies some kind of methodology used to tie those six together. OK admit you can't name the mafia team in a GTH manner.

But I tried anyway. In the space of less than one minute. You failed the GTH test and you hate it. ;)
The glass is broken, there are shards everywhere. You think Mac is town but you seem quite relaxed about his lynch. WAY TOO RELAXED. You said winning this game is very important to you, you were screaming that we're losing and that we can't afford to lynch another townie. Yet you sit idly and seem accepting of a Mac lynch despite calling him a townie.
I am not a vocal townie I can't be bothered. But you... You should have acted way differently.

linki @Straw: Straw follow your heart. Search deep inside you and vote either of them. Don't let others make decisions for you. Btw bro MM won't happen today just sayin'
Mac is town or scum?

Or are you just saying that Jay is scum?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Why? You want me to vote for who you want me to vote for. Who's not a town read again?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

ebwop: @J
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:The glass is broken, there are shards everywhere. You think Mac is town but you seem quite relaxed about his lynch. WAY TOO RELAXED.
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Choutas wrote:You said winning this game is very important to you, you were screaming that we're losing and that we can't afford to lynch another townie. Yet you sit idly and seem accepting of a Mac lynch despite calling him a townie.
Yeah nobody has done more to fight this lynch than I have. I've done more than Mac himself. Off you go, sir.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:Why? You want me to vote for who you want me to vote for. Who's not a town read again?
Not only do you refuse to make a decision that will impact the actual lynch result in any meaningful way, you're throwing vague shade at the people who have.

There's zero town in that post. Please show me I'm wrong.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Mac is town or scum?

Or are you just saying that Jay is scum?
Mac is town, Jay was a townie turned semi-insane god knows what.

linki: Will you shed the fake tears after the lynch? Should I get popcorn? I hardly believe you were that hardcore in keeping him alive. If someone could have deterred that lynch that was you. You started a counterwagon way too late. YOU HEAR ME WAY TOO LATE. Ah yeah there is a smilie for that let me find it. Here :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Jay, I can't find the post I'm referencing wert you. I tried.
I'll help. I know me.

If I can figure out which one you're looking for.
He's looking for the post where you said something like 16v6v1 or something like that. I recall it, but couldn't find it offhand.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:Why? You want me to vote for who you want me to vote for. Who's not a town read again?
Whats the point of keeping your vote on MM? I don't care where you put it, I just want you to think really hard and put it somewhere relevant to how this day is playing out. That's the benefit of being around at the end of day, you get to be relevant.

6 mins.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:linki: Will you shed the fake tears after the lynch? Should I get popcorn? I hardly believe you were that hardcore in keeping him alive. If someone could have deterred that lynch that was you. You started a counterwagon way too late. YOU HEAR ME WAY TOO LATE. Ah yeah there is a smilie for that let me find it. Here :shrug:
:rolleyes:

It's not like I built a huge case on Black Rock and then repeatedly called for her lynch throughout the day phase or anything. It's not like I literally wrote my dissertation on The Case Against MacDougall in response to Ricochet or anything.

Everything you're accusing me of is exactly the opposite of what has happened in this thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Not only do you refuse to make a decision that will impact the actual lynch result in any meaningful way, you're throwing vague shade at the people who have.

Here's where I'm standing:

1. I vote for the person I think is scummiest.

2. The vote is between two people who may be scum, but I'm not sure of yet.

3. I start getting a lot of pressure to change my vote in order to save a guy who I'm not sure about.

Of course I'm going to start think I'm being manipulated. I've never been pressured to change my vote against someone who wasn't leading in votes before, nor can I remember any player receiving such pressure. I don't trust it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This one, Strawhenge?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Likely 6 mafia left and definitely 1 SK. 15 vs 6 vs 1, I believe, which is dire.

Can't afford any more bullsuit. One easy way to ensure cooperation is to state who we don't have any interest in lynching on Day 6. Process of elimination based on consensus, modified individually as necessary based on who everyone trusts and doesn't trust.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It's not like I built a huge case on Black Rock and then repeatedly called for her lynch throughout the day phase or anything. It's not like I literally wrote my dissertation on The Case Against MacDougall in response to Ricochet or anything.

Everything you're accusing me of is exactly the opposite of what has happened in this thread.
So why aren't you still rallying for Black Rock's lynch? Why are you trying to get people to lynch Diiny, if you think Black Rock is scum?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Strawhenge wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Here's where I'm standing:

3. I start getting a lot of pressure to change my vote in order to save a guy who I'm not sure about.

Of course I'm going to start think I'm being manipulated. I've never been pressured to change my vote against someone who wasn't leading in votes before, nor can I remember any player receiving such pressure. I don't trust it.
You are hanging around and chatting at the end of the day phase. What'd you expect?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Not this.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

linki: and you voted for Diiny last. OK bro let's see when the game ends who was right.
linki @ straw: you're being manipulated so far from the endgame. Maybe bullied a little sure but no manipulation has been done. It's like calling a politician who asks you to vote as manipulation.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:Here's where I'm standing:

You might have the power to decide who gets lynched this phase. There are two options, and you're more suspicious of one than the other.

You're not totally sold on either. Neither am I.

But I am going to pick a side and pursue a lynch result most in line with my reads.

Why aren't you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock, Diiny, and Roxy missed the vote.

May their demise be quick and painless. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It's not like I built a huge case on Black Rock and then repeatedly called for her lynch throughout the day phase or anything. It's not like I literally wrote my dissertation on The Case Against MacDougall in response to Ricochet or anything.

So why aren't you still rallying for Black Rock's lynch? Why are you trying to get people to lynch Diiny, if you think Black Rock is scum?
Because there is no time to mount a BR lynch. I tried all day!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:linki: and you voted for Diiny last. OK bro let's see when the game ends who was right.
What?

I put Diiny high enough in the tally to make the possibility of saving Mac a reality. How in the world does that suggest I wasn't interested in saving Mac?

You're making no sense.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well anyway, it's decided barring shenanigans. We'll see how it goes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Here's where I'm standing:

You might have the power to decide who gets lynched this phase. There are two options, and you're more suspicious of one than the other.

You're not totally sold on either. Neither am I.

But I am going to pick a side and pursue a lynch result most in line with my reads.

Why aren't you?
Because I'm not sure about either of them! And I've been wrong about everybody in this fucking game!
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:linki: and you voted for Diiny last. OK bro let's see when the game ends who was right.
What?

I put Diiny high enough in the tally to make the possibility of saving Mac a reality. How in the world does that suggest I wasn't interested in saving Mac?

You're making no sense.
By putting you vote early you're putting much more pressure than just calling mac a townie. If you had put it earlier things could have been different
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I mean, wouldn't you be suspicious of a bunch of people pressuring you to change your vote to save somebody? Even marginally suspicious?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

What makes you so certain of metalmarsh then Strawhenge? I don't get it.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge wrote:Because I'm not sure about either of them! And I've been wrong about everybody in this fucking game!
Nobody is sure about either of them except for the mafia team. If you're more suspicious of Diiny than Mac and have the opportunity to possibly lynch Diiny instead of Mac, it's hard to understand why you wouldn't take that opportunity.

Sorry if I'm being too abrasive here, it's an emotional scenario. I don't mean to be a jerk.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What?

You're making no sense.
By putting you vote early you're putting much more pressure than just calling mac a townie. If you had put it earlier things could have been different
I DID. I VOTED FOR DIINY BEFORE YOU DID.

Then motel room and I tried again to generate a Black Rock lynch and got her up to 3 votes. It didn't work out. We both moved back to Diiny. That was the plan all along. Here:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:alrighty, Black Rock
I'd recommend keeping your finger near the trigger in case it doesn't happen.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Oh.

I got lynched. :haha:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You're still alive dude. Live the moment!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Damn it Strawhenge. You could have been my hero.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh well. Let's hope there is vote rigging shenanigans at play again. :beer:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Day 6: A Day of Flipping and of Flopping

Day 6 has ended. Macdougall has been lynched. He was Making Flippy Floppy.

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours to lynch another player.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

:mafia:
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Because I'm not sure about either of them! And I've been wrong about everybody in this fucking game!
Nobody is sure about either of them except for the mafia team. If you're more suspicious of Diiny than Mac and have the opportunity to possibly lynch Diiny instead of Mac, it's hard to understand why you wouldn't take that opportunity.
Because what if I'm wrong? I've lost games based on my vote, and it's a shit feeling.

keej - Marsh took pages of ISO posts to talk about player-related things. Cases. A couple times he clarified game mechanics, but mostly it was peanut-gallery commentary. And when he does talk about players, it's super noncommittal. Piggybacking, etc.

But I'm probably wrong about him as well. Scum are probably the people I'm reading the strongest as town. Ugh.

Linki: OH LOOK.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Lol he's scum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Youuuu dirty rat.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Oh mac. Top shelf. Gonna be eating that one.
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What?

You're making no sense.
I DID. I VOTED FOR DIINY BEFORE YOU DID.

Then motel room and I tried again to generate a Black Rock lynch and got her up to 3 votes. It didn't work out. We both moved back to Diiny. That was the plan all along. Here:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:alrighty, Black Rock
I'd recommend keeping your finger near the trigger in case it doesn't happen.
Most people aren't reading the thread. I'm telling you this. You and others create so many posts, they don't have the time to push through it all. I don't know why you think posting 600+ times by Day 6 is helpful to those of us who have to work, raise kids, cook dinner, and have interests other than Mafia.

That's 100+ posts a phase. And you're losing, if you're a civilian. Do you ever stop to imagine how you could be part of the problem?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lol

Welp, not much I can say about that. Well played Mac, you've made me look like a moron.

Good job everyone who didn't listen to my stupid ass.

This is not going to be a fun day phase. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Making Flip Floppy, huh?

He played his role to the hilt.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I'll admit it was emotionally reactionary, but I'm at the very least going to note that Jay and mokiji room tried their damnedest to get me on a Diiny lynch.

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

I'm coming over to Queensland and ring your bell first thing in the morning.

Epi you look much better after the flip.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

ebwop: Emotionally reactionary on my part, suggesting it initially.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: [DAY 7] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by MacDougall »

Ciao. Was a blast.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”