40%

Total votes: 20
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Cartomancy [Day 2]

Post by Baudib1 »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:50 pm Roxy has way more scum equity than Jack.
Disagree, but im on board for now.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Creature »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:49 pm Why are there only 6 votes on the board?
D1 ended, N1 started, the Sun card was played and now it's D2.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 471

Post by tutuu »

If alison is mafia i feel like 2 or maybe 3 of the people vehemently pushing her are also mafia

Looking at jack and sig

A possible explanation for the behavior "alison maf, i aint moving, nu-uh, nothing else exists i put my hands on my ears lalalalala" is an orchestrated bus, maybe alison has exams or something she always has exams :P

(I still have an unconfident townread on her, just exploring an option)
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:52 pm If alison is mafia i feel like 2 or maybe 3 of the people vehemently pushing her are also mafia

Looking at jack and sig

A possible explanation for the behavior "alison maf, i aint moving, nu-uh, nothing else exists i put my hands on my ears lalalalala" is an orchestrated bus, maybe alison has exams or something she always has exams :P

I'm on winter break. Semester doesn't start until the 18th.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: Roxy] aubergine

(I dunno why I keep making in-thread votes. It's just wasting posts)
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Alison is doing a play by play exact replica of King of the Hill. I can't get over that lol its exactly the same.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&t=24 ... &start=250

Exactly the same. Every single aspect of it.

I kinda town read the switch off on Kate but than I remembered that a very similar thing happened to the wolf team when I subbed out in KotH mafia for mental health reasons and they abandoned the Neon push because they thought my subbing out was town indicative because of the way it was done.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:52 pm If alison is mafia i feel like 2 or maybe 3 of the people vehemently pushing her are also mafia

Looking at jack and sig

Do you think that if that is the team, Alison is the one they would be bussing? I find it unlikely but I’m not really in touch with the meta of the players involved.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Looking at jack and sig

Pat pat
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:48 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:47 pm @staypositivefriend can you out the theory
i was bullshitting, i just wanted the mafia to kill me
Lmfao based
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Looking at jack and sig

Aww darn you got me but I guess I’ll double down and hope for the best. Maybe reverse psychology will keep you from yeeting Alison, who is wolves with me.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:53 pm

Looking at jack and sig

Shh. Go study.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 195

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:54 pm

Looking at jack and sig

Do you think that if that is the team, Alison is the one they would be bussing? I find it unlikely but I’m not really in touch with the meta of the players involved.
I cant tell you that far/deep, this was just my solution when i thought to solve the problem "whats the reason behind the pressure on alison that i cant understand/justify (coming from jack and sig maybe seanzie, rondo, forgot who else)"

From roxy, dennis, finger, neon - i understand and justify it, its the emotional turbulation having an impact, so i dont think its w/w there
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neon wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:54 pm Alison is doing a play by play exact replica of King of the Hill. I can't get over that lol its exactly the same.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&t=24 ... &start=250

Exactly the same. Every single aspect of it.

I kinda town read the switch off on Kate but than I remembered that a very similar thing happened to the wolf team when I subbed out in KotH mafia for mental health reasons and they abandoned the Neon push because they thought my subbing out was town indicative because of the way it was done.
This is what I’ve been saying. It’s grossly blatant to the point when I’d actually agree with Tutuu on the bussing thing if I didn’t independently townread Sig and myself.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I feel extremely good about this gamestate and I suspect the wolves don't.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 317

Re: Cartomancy [Day 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:56 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:35 pm i don't claim to have any level of confidence in reading alison correctly but i do honestly feel like the main reasons ive seen to justify voting her have been more related to her playstyle than her alignment

feels kind of icky
Does icky mean wrong or scummy in this context?

If scummy, who is scum pushing or voting Alison?
it means scummy, and it also means that if we live in a world where she's town (which i do perceive as being more likely right now than not) at least one of the people who wagoned her is a wolf trying to push on her opportunistically

and jack, i actually perceived your read on alison as being the most sincere out of everyone who has pushed on her so far, since you were more or less the "ringleader" for building momentum against her and i perceive you as being the main person who is projecting a lot of confidence about her being mafia

but your confidence is starting to bother me the more that i think about it. it's possible that you're right about alison but frankly i think your reasoning for pushing on alison is pretty bad. i don't think the things that you are pushing alison for (ie: "she is treating people in bad faith") are alignment indicative for alison, and i do expect you to understand that these things aren't alignment indicative as someone who has presumably played a lot of games with alison

so, while i think it's possible that your read onalison could be correct, your confidence about alison being mafia doesn't feel even slightly proportional to the actual casework you have done against her, and my memory of the other towngames i saw from you is that you were much more considerate and you had a much broader perspective than the one you are projecting here

so uhhh, i think what im going to need from you for me to not want to vote you today is for you to just talk to me very broadly about your reads that AREN'T alison. if alison was no longer on the table today, who would you want to eliminate? if we briefly assume for a moment that alison is town, what would ur view of the game look like?
@Jackofhearts2005 - please respond to this post as soon as you can
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Looking at jack and sig

I cant tell you that far/deep, this was just my solution when i thought to solve the problem "whats the reason behind the pressure on alison that i cant understand/justify (coming from jack and sig maybe seanzie, rondo, forgot who else)"

From roxy, dennis, finger, neon - i understand and justify it, its the emotional turbulation having an impact, so i dont think its w/w there
It's not a bus, they are just outing to kill me. It's why none of my voters can give a coherent reason why I am mafia and it's why I feel great about the game because the mafia team has overextended way too much and it's hard to imagine the game ending well for them unless you guys totally throw after my flip (in which case it's on you).
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 pm

Looking at jack and sig

It's not a bus, they are just outing to kill me. It's why none of my voters can give a coherent reason why I am mafia and it's why I feel great about the game because the mafia team has overextended way too much and it's hard to imagine the game ending well for them unless you guys totally throw after my flip (in which case it's on you).
Don’t worry I’m like the best late-game villager ever.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Can't wait for the moon to be randomly activated
Alison

Post by Alison »

Creature wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:01 pm Can't wait for the moon to be randomly activated
I think if mafia had the moon they'd just trigger it ASAP since it's unlikely most people got a night action through so there's no accountability. It could be that the mafia with the moon is afk and will trigger it any time so we should still vote properly, but numerical odds are that the moon belongs to a townie.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Looking at jack and sig

Your flip holds a ton of info. Its like a juicy, ripe, fresh tomato - you bite it and juices fly everywhere

Would you agree to die today and if youre town, we sheep you? Ill promise that id worship ur reads and realize how potentially what im saying can be painted to be scummy for me (tutuu wants to kill alison and then her counterwagon regardless of any flips) and yet it feels like a good play to me
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

FWIW I will of course adjust Alison’s wolf equity in my head up slightly but only based on the universal increase that occurs when a VT is yeeted.

It’s not like Alison caused the lynch to happen. The people who voted for Fingers were entirely people who were widely townread and not voting for her.

So anyone pushing the narrative that since we had a town flip, we must kill Alison should be treated with much suspicion.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:04 pm

Looking at jack and sig

Your flip holds a ton of info. Its like a juicy, ripe, fresh tomato - you bite it and juices fly everywhere

Would you agree to die today and if youre town, we sheep you? Ill promise that id worship ur reads and realize how potentially what im saying can be painted to be scummy for me (tutuu wants to kill alison and then her counterwagon regardless of any flips) and yet it feels like a good play to me
Yeah, I think that's an acceptable outcome.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Not counterwagon* i meant just wagon
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'd still prefer Roxy first because it clears me if she flips red but me first should also be a win for town if you guys actually sheep me. And if you don't I will laugh at you in DVC I guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 434

Post by MacDougall »

I was thinking to myself during the EOD that there was no way Fingersplints was going to flip mafia cuz it's just never fair like that but god damn I couldn't have really found anyone more likely to be mafia than them.

Oh well.

Time for a patented Mac flip flop.

Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:04 pm FWIW I will of course adjust Alison’s wolf equity in my head up slightly but only based on the universal increase that occurs when a VT is yeeted.

It’s not like Alison caused the lynch to happen. The people who voted for Fingers were entirely people who were widely townread and not voting for her.

So anyone pushing the narrative that since we had a town flip, we must kill Alison should be treated with much suspicion.
If you disagree with this and are voting Alison tell us who the wolves are on the fingers wagon.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Bet

I want to kill Alison and then the people pushing her regardless of her flip

So im set on Alison > Jack > Sig atm

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:06 pm Bet

I am so entirely down with this plan.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:06 pm
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:04 pm FWIW I will of course adjust Alison’s wolf equity in my head up slightly but only based on the universal increase that occurs when a VT is yeeted.

If you disagree with this and are voting Alison tell us who the wolves are on the fingers wagon.
Spoken like someone who is acutely aware the Fingersplints wagon was nearly entirely pure lol.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

What caused the sudden change from "Don't kill Alison this is just how she plays" to "Let's get Alison's head. NOW."
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:08 pm What caused the sudden change from "Don't kill Alison this is just how she plays" to "Let's get Alison's head. NOW."
Ahhh, women

*sips coffee*
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:08 pm What caused the sudden change from "Don't kill Alison this is just how she plays" to "Let's get Alison's head. NOW."
I've played this game before. I know how it ends already lol.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:06 pmSo im set on Alison > Jack > Sig atm
I had this set too except Roxy in place of Alison.
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Spoken like someone who is acutely aware the Fingersplints wagon was nearly entirely pure lol.
The game stats is essentially exactly the same except we have one fewer town. :shrug2:

I’m not sure why you think this should flip out worldviews.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Alison was scum and it was probably with Roxy and/or Kate. She reevaluated on Jack at EOD to make it look like it was Jack, but it was Roxy all along. Baudib is probably still a patsy town, as is obviously Lucy. Some nerd like Sig is mafia and then probably something derpy like Falcon.
Alison

Post by Alison »

How about sheeping my legacy if you're going to do that
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If alison is mafia im adding neon to this

If shes town neon is still cool
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:07 pm

The game stats is essentially exactly the same except we have one fewer town. :shrug2:

I’m not sure why you think this should flip out worldviews.
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:09 pm
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:09 pm
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

MacDougall’s self-doubt started creeping in after the flip.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 pm

Sure what is it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 pm

Your legacy is Roxy and your wagon right? Well sorry i didnt actually read

Ok i promise roxy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 pm
No it's because I'm mafia and by doing this I get to bury town Alison but in the exact way she expects me to do so as town, so I get to kill her for free. It's a real dream come true.
Baudib1
Stool Pigeon

Post by Baudib1 »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:12 pm
Baudib1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 pm
No it's because I'm mafia and by doing this I get to bury town Alison but in the exact way she expects me to do so as town, so I get to kill her for free. It's a real dream come true.
Ur not fcking mafia, I am.
Alison

Post by Alison »

There is a concept in mafia known as "resolving the counterwagon". The idea is that by flipping the top two wagons D1, if one is town and the other is mafia, we can out the whole mafia team by analyzing who was on which wagon. The weakness of this strategy is if both players flip town, which gives us two fruitless days and nothing to show for it. In this case, however, if I flip town I am guaranteed to out multiple mafia with me so it's a good trade.

I think the proposed strategy is logical.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

God damn it I made a terrible mistake. Fingersplints was such a bad chop day 1 lol. I foolishly put my read over the health of the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:13 pm
There is a concept in mafia known as "resolving the counterwagon". The idea is that by flipping the top two wagons D1, if one is town and the other is mafia, we can out the whole mafia team by analyzing who was on which wagon. The weakness of this strategy is if both players flip town, which gives us two fruitless days and nothing to show for it. In this case, however, if I flip town I am guaranteed to out multiple mafia with me so it's a good trade.

I think the proposed strategy is logical.
See what I mean? She's letting me kill her for free. I'm not even one of the people outed. It's beautiful.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 317

Post by staypositivefriend »

having an existential crisis atm
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:10 pm So Alison was scum and it was probably with Roxy and/or Kate. She reevaluated on Jack at EOD to make it look like it was Jack, but it was Roxy all along. Baudib is probably still a patsy town, as is obviously Lucy. Some nerd like Sig is mafia and then probably something derpy like Falcon.

Return to “Previous Rackets”