people who enjoy food (host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 12
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 8]

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know what you were expecting from me, SVS. Splintsy's suspicion of me was even sketchier than Llama's and she almost got me lynched on false pretenses. Don't see what that has to do with me being LMS or not, either. :shrug:

Speaking of which, splintsy keeps saying she'll respond to me but hasn't done so. I don't know that I needed a response from her, but it's interesting that she keeps saying she'll do it and then doesn't deliver.

Linki. My poll says :22 as well.
TH, have I been replying about a bunch of other stuff and not about that? No. It's pretty clear I just wasn't around. Don't make this into I am ignoring you, when it's pretty plain for all to see that isn't the case.

How exactly did I almost get you lynched? It wasn't even close. You keep trying to push that it didn't make sense for me to want to vote you over keys when I said I would rather lynch RR over WW. Because I was wrong about keys does not make me wrong about you. I still think you are a RR and if you are not, you are LMS. You are not a civvie and I still do not think you are WW. SVS has hit the nail on the head with your responses. The best way I can describe it is the annoyed sort of feeling one gets when they are being called out correctly for what they deem to be incorrect reasons. I'm sorry you feel you have been having to defend yourself the whole game, but I still think you are bad.

I'm not sure who my other vote would have gone to. Def not the two ladies who were lynched, athough I can't say I am really sad to see either go since they weren't playing anyways. I might have voted LC, because I feel like he has probably found his other partner by now.
I don't really understand the points on MM.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 7]

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Thinking someone made some good points (even if they were wrong, they were still good points) is not "drinking the koolaid".
I don't know how points can be good ones if they are wrong ones, but in any case, the kool-aid comment was because it looked like you were doing the same thing splintsy and MM did: saying that I was saying things I never said. The way you phrased your question to me and pulled up my old quotes, you acted like I was contradicting myself or something, and I just didn't know what you were trying to point out by doing that. I still don't know.

And it's not a problem if splintsy doesn't want to do big quotes and a fleshed out case, SVS. I never said she had to do those things. Okay? The fact of the matter is, splintsy didn't say WHY she thought I was a railroad until after I asked, with 2 or 3 hours left to go in the lynch. In fact, she didn't even say she THOUGHT I was a railroad, all she said was that she thought I was more likely to be a railroad than Water Works, which is not an accusation at all. And she kept asking LC questions, like "Do you think TH is likely to be a railroad or LMS" without giving her own opinion, and I had to ask her how SHE felt because she wasn't saying. And then she said some vague stuff like "Some of my posts and votes" made her suspicious, and I'd simply like to know what that means. Which votes, which posts? I feel these are fair questions for me to want the answers to.
I say most games that I think baddies are more likely to ignore certain posts and hope that people drop things. I feel like if you were a civvie, you would have mentioned that post earlier and questioned why I thought you were more likely to be a railroad. You were asking LOADS of other questions. Why not that one? Maybe you didn't want to draw attention to it.

I have said I think it is unlikely you are waterworks, but I still find it likely you are bad, and I don't see a real change in how you are playing since the game started, and that is why I think you are railroad. This isn't the helpful civvie TH I know. You are asking more questions rather then providing helpful insights. I think you are overexagerating the almost being lynched thing. (You had what two votes?) You are way overdefensive.

Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:At work and then spending quality time with my niece who I may not get to see again much before I leave. THs post is too much for my phone posting. So I will try to address it later, however insulting how I play doesn't give me much incentive to want to. ;)
I didn't mean to insult the way you play splintsy. I meant to say that it was bad form to lynch me before Keys since the only part of your case with any specificity to it was the theory that he was Water Works and knew my role. Yet you weren't voting to lynch Keys on those same merits, you went after me instead. That's bad form because it's bad logic and because it left me in a really shitty position where I had to say "well lynch Keys first then and see if he's Water Works". I felt it was somewhat personal that you didn't want to lynch him, even though you thought he was a baddie. It didn't make sense to me and it didn't leave me in a very good position yesterday. And I was pretty upset about that.
None of this is personal. I don't play like that. And actually, I thought you would have known that I really like playing with you TH, so if I was going to go a "personal" route I don't think it makes sense that I would go after you. If I had thought keys was a railroad and you were waterworks, I would have voted keys. I didn't not vote keys because I am married to him. I didn't vote keys because I did not think the role of water works needed to be lynched then and I thought he was waterworks. If I wanted to save keys for personal reasons, wouldn't it have just made more sense to not say anything about him possibly being WW in the first place?
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 8]

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

RIP degobunny and nijuukyugou.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:
juliets wrote:oh I see, that was Tuesday before last. I'm looking for the one on the 25th (I think thats the date of this last Tuesday).
I think I missed that one, busy week. Sorrryyyyyy! :)
No problem LC, you were doing me a favor anyway. Appreciate your trying to help.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

So I totally missed the vote, I even said I had to vote that night and then I got into online xmas shopping and completely forgot. RIP guys. This is probably going to be my only post for today. I got another catering job tonight that I'm going to go cook for now.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

$1 Baltic Avenue
$1 Mediterranean Avenue
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Thinking someone made some good points (even if they were wrong, they were still good points) is not "drinking the koolaid".
I don't know how points can be good ones if they are wrong ones, but in any case, the kool-aid comment was because it looked like you were doing the same thing splintsy and MM did: saying that I was saying things I never said. The way you phrased your question to me and pulled up my old quotes, you acted like I was contradicting myself or something, and I just didn't know what you were trying to point out by doing that. I still don't know.

And it's not a problem if splintsy doesn't want to do big quotes and a fleshed out case, SVS. I never said she had to do those things. Okay? The fact of the matter is, splintsy didn't say WHY she thought I was a railroad until after I asked, with 2 or 3 hours left to go in the lynch. In fact, she didn't even say she THOUGHT I was a railroad, all she said was that she thought I was more likely to be a railroad than Water Works, which is not an accusation at all. And she kept asking LC questions, like "Do you think TH is likely to be a railroad or LMS" without giving her own opinion, and I had to ask her how SHE felt because she wasn't saying. And then she said some vague stuff like "Some of my posts and votes" made her suspicious, and I'd simply like to know what that means. Which votes, which posts? I feel these are fair questions for me to want the answers to.
I say most games that I think baddies are more likely to ignore certain posts and hope that people drop things. I feel like if you were a civvie, you would have mentioned that post earlier and questioned why I thought you were more likely to be a railroad. You were asking LOADS of other questions. Why not that one? Maybe you didn't want to draw attention to it.

I have said I think it is unlikely you are waterworks, but I still find it likely you are bad, and I don't see a real change in how you are playing since the game started, and that is why I think you are railroad. This isn't the helpful civvie TH I know. You are asking more questions rather then providing helpful insights. I think you are overexagerating the almost being lynched thing. (You had what two votes?) You are way overdefensive.

Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:At work and then spending quality time with my niece who I may not get to see again much before I leave. THs post is too much for my phone posting. So I will try to address it later, however insulting how I play doesn't give me much incentive to want to. ;)
I didn't mean to insult the way you play splintsy. I meant to say that it was bad form to lynch me before Keys since the only part of your case with any specificity to it was the theory that he was Water Works and knew my role. Yet you weren't voting to lynch Keys on those same merits, you went after me instead. That's bad form because it's bad logic and because it left me in a really shitty position where I had to say "well lynch Keys first then and see if he's Water Works". I felt it was somewhat personal that you didn't want to lynch him, even though you thought he was a baddie. It didn't make sense to me and it didn't leave me in a very good position yesterday. And I was pretty upset about that.
None of this is personal. I don't play like that. And actually, I thought you would have known that I really like playing with you TH, so if I was going to go a "personal" route I don't think it makes sense that I would go after you. If I had thought keys was a railroad and you were waterworks, I would have voted keys. I didn't not vote keys because I am married to him. I didn't vote keys because I did not think the role of water works needed to be lynched then and I thought he was waterworks. If I wanted to save keys for personal reasons, wouldn't it have just made more sense to not say anything about him possibly being WW in the first place?
Question for you fingers, why do you think LC has found his other partner by now, but also think that TH is a RR? According to rent income, the last two RR's have not found each other, and TH and LC have been equally as active this game.

Also, TH bought 3 houses last turn, where does that fall into your argument?

I'm not refuting your argument, I want to know what you think about those ideas, because I don't know.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

$5 on Baltic

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

$11 Baltic
$11 Mediterranean
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:$11 Baltic
$11 Mediterranean
$20 mediterranean
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think we should split them up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think we should split them up.
Thats what I'm trying to do.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And bass knew you felt that way before you posted it?

Linki :/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm glad someone else it on board.

SVS, though the poll does not show it, I had also voted for Dego and ninja. I bolded it in the thread.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Turnip Head wrote:
Question for you fingers, why do you think LC has found his other partner by now, but also think that TH is a RR? According to rent income, the last two RR's have not found each other, and TH and LC have been equally as active this game.

Also, TH bought 3 houses last turn, where does that fall into your argument?

I'm not refuting your argument, I want to know what you think about those ideas, because I don't know.
What does LC having found his partner have to do with thinking TH is a rr? I do not think they have btsc or are the same.

I don't feel like LC's gameplay has been consistant this whole game, so I feel like his affiliation probably changed. Now normally I wouldn't consider him to be one to be affected like this, but he has been busy and maybe due to the nature of the game he just doesn't feel like trying to hide it anymore.
Plus he bought one partner, and I figure with how many nights there have been and both of them searching they should have had enough time to find the other by now. Also, there has been several posts from him that read insincere about wanting to lynch certain colors, so he probably is one of them.

I guess we will see where those houses show up. Has TH bought any other properties besides possibly EC?
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm glad someone else it on board.

SVS, though the poll does not show it, I had also voted for Dego and ninja. I bolded it in the thread.
What does that have to do with bass knowing you wanted to split up Baltic & Mediterranean?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:I guess we will see where those houses show up. Has TH bought any other properties besides possibly EC?
I have thoughts on that, but I'm waiting to post them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm glad someone else it on board.

What does that have to do with bass knowing you wanted to split up Baltic & Mediterranean?
I was letting you know because you outbid me. It is unrelated.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

$20 on Baltic

And it is interesting that bass knew your intent before you posted it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:$20 on Baltic

He agreed with me. Those are not the same thing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:$20 on Baltic

I didn't know is intent I was just saying that's what I was trying to do.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's late enough in the day now, here's what I think about TH. He is not a RR.

There are now 6 hotels in the market, meaning someone bought 3 hotels. Since they are only available for immediate use, that means that they will be on the board this coming cycle.

The baby blues and greens are each four houses away from hotels, and TH bought only three houses, so he cannot be in those groups, because that would not be enough to buy hotels. Also, there are now 10 houses on the market for sale at $100 a piece, which means they came off the pink properties. There is also an additional house for sale for $1. The pinks only needed two houses to reach hotels, so I can guarantee that TH is a pink and he put that one back on the market himself.

TH is probably sacrificing himself so his teammates can get hotels. That's why he bought the houses.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 9]

Post by boo »

Night 8 End/Day 9 Start: 13 Remaining

Bass has been killed by Water Works. Thanks for playing bass!
It is now Day 9. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Powers:
Grab-bag: The person who uses this power gets to choose 3 items being sold in the market (anything not posted by another player) to take. - Starts at $500

Board Movements
Updated board will be posted later.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RIP Bass, I was expecting something completely different.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That's interesting; I was getting the feel that bass had a team, so shrug:. I also see that bea survived a hotel stay, and that the yellows did not develop, it would appear.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also TH was at a hotel. Did not notice that first time around. Virginia Ave, so the Purples have hotels now, too.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

RIP bass.

SVS, bea also landed on a chance where the card gave her the same thing you got, $50 per person. She got yours before you got yours. I'm sure that helped her survive the hotel. I have no idea what she's gotten in rent of course so she could be much higher.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was not implying it was suspicious, just that it had happened.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:I was not implying it was suspicious, just that it had happened.
ok - I wasn't sure so I thought I would mention what I knew.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Also TH was at a hotel. Did not notice that first time around. Virginia Ave, so the Purples have hotels now, too.
More evidence that he is a pink.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's probably what they wanted, but I'm putting my vote on TH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:RIP bass.

SVS, bea also landed on a chance where the card gave her the same thing you got, $50 per person. She got yours before you got yours. I'm sure that helped her survive the hotel. I have no idea what she's gotten in rent of course so she could be much higher.
I also got.a.prize.during.the.7 thing and have.bought not.a.single.thing. ;)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

This does look rather suspicious for both TH and Bea, but it seems that Bea has a fairly good explanation for her survival.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

As if I needed another reason to vote TH. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, after doing some Board analysis, and just now noticing the poll info... there is one solitary Civilian left in the game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Also TH was at a hotel. Did not notice that first time around. Virginia Ave, so the Purples have hotels now, too.
Are the "pinks" and the "purples" the same group of properties? I'm thinking yes but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is the suspicion now that TH is a pink/purple rather than a baddie? (by baddie i mean utility or rr)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I still say TH is Water Works.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:This does look rather suspicious for both TH and Bea, but it seems that Bea has a fairly good explanation for her survival.
Why does it look more suspicious for them then it does for you? You also survived a Hotel iirc.

And just throwing this out there~ I did not get a PM from boo saying I got the property I bid on yesterday. So not sure who did. Maybe my last bid was too close to the end?

Linki~ it is possible. I certainly don't think he is the last unaffiliated civ.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

SVS your bid was at 8:25. What time did the poll end?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

There wasn't a poll, it was night. The night post was at 10, but not sure when night officially ended? It is possible boo did not send a PM, I can ask him if I won it or not.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:This does look rather suspicious for both TH and Bea, but it seems that Bea has a fairly good explanation for her survival.
Why does it look more suspicious for them then it does for you? You also survived a Hotel iirc.

And just throwing this out there~ I did not get a PM from boo saying I got the property I bid on yesterday. So not sure who did. Maybe my last bid was too close to the end?

Quite right, and my survival is due to my never buying anything.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Are the "pinks" and the "purples" the same group of properties? I'm thinking yes but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is the suspicion now that TH is a pink/purple rather than a baddie? (by baddie i mean utility or rr)
Purples are Mediterranean and Baltic (both of which died). The pinks are St. Charles, States, and Virginia. At least that's how I refer to them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:

I pretty much explained it to you yesterday. I won Baltic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:I still say TH is Water Works.
Would you take a look at the reasons I stated for TH being a pink, and tell me why you think that is not true?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I pretty much explained it to you yesterday. I won Baltic.
I don't recall an "explanation". Your last bid on Baltic was $5. I don't see an explanation in your posts.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

boo wrote:Night 8 End/Day 9 Start: 13 Remaining

Bass has been killed by Water Works. Thanks for playing bass!
I

I guess I was wrong about Bass being WW.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I still say TH is Water Works.
Would you take a look at the reasons I stated for TH being a pink, and tell me why you think that is not true?
Skimmed it before, I see now that your argument does make sense. I'm interested to see how TH responds to that.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

voting TH. waited as long as I could but I have to say goodbye to most of my family today so not sure how much game time I will have
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

A little selfish but oh thank goodness, the game is slowed down. I'm going to vote for TH today, I really am convinced he's baddie by now. Every time we go another way we're lynching civvies.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

$50 for Roleblock
$1 for one house

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”