Total votes: 12
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 9]

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I don't recall an "explanation". Your last bid on Baltic was $5. I don't see an explanation in your posts.
:sigh:

I posted this.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:SVS, though the poll does not show it, I had also voted for Dego and ninja. I bolded it in the thread.

The reason being if you vote for a player who was lynched, then you get $200 added to your bid. I was letting you know that your bid would not have meant much because you did not vote for the lynched player(s).

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:A little selfish but oh thank goodness, the game is slowed down. I'm going to vote for TH today, I really am convinced he's baddie by now. Every time we go another way we're lynching civvies.
This game has slowed down too much. I bet some players' BTSC's are more active right now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Also, after doing some Board analysis, and just now noticing the poll info... there is one solitary Civilian left in the game.
Are you implying that you are not civ. ;) I'm not sure what you mean though. How can there be only one solitary civ? I count at least 2.

Another thing I noticed, Black Rock was forced to use one die on Day 8, presumably to be forced to land on the pinks while they had houses. I recall TH buying a "subtract-a-die" power at some point.

So that rules BR out as a possible partner of TH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I had thought 2 as well, Tennessee and New York I presume... but the poll title is "Make it 12", and the Deads option is "13 - 1"

I take that to mean 13 LMS to 1 Civvie, and the Civvie-sympathetic poll is hoping we take out an LMS person. And no, I wasn't implying that I'm not Civvie, not at all.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think it's just saying there are 13 players, so lynch 1 and there are 12 left.

Your explanation means there are 14 players, which there are not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Do you have any clues or ideas about LMS LC? I'm going under the assumption that you have, or did have, BTSC with another player at some point. What determines whether your alignment changes and whether you are still civ?

If you gain BTSC with only one other player (in a 3-property color), but the other player dies before you can find them, are you still civ? I assumed that any such player would be. However, according to your interpretation of the poll, you seem to know otherwise.

boo wrote:Win Conditions:
Civvies that do not establish full BTSC can win with each other, and need all other players dead in order to win.
Civvies that do establish full BTSC (meaning they either find all of their set while everyone is alive, or they acquire the necessary cards by buying them), can only win with that set, or with their monopoly if they manage to establish one.
The Railroads need all other players dead in order to win.
The Utilities need all other players dead in order to win.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

First of all, I'm confused, because I should have won Baltic and Mediterranean but I got neither. After the official bidding period closed with no bids placed, I placed $1 bids on the properties at 4:22pm PST, and no one outbid me within 30 minutes of that post. The next bid was MM at 5:05pm PST. So... I should have those properties. If I had, I would have placed my three little houses on them now.

I'm also confused as to why I stopped rolling after getting doubles, as has been happening all game. I landed on a hotel and stopped there for some reason, when I should have had another roll.

Anyway,I guess it looks pretty bad for me. I bought some houses, and then the pinks upgraded to hotels. Interesting that this warrants me being lynched, since it's the first evidence that clears me of being WW or a RR. And as LC astutely pointed out, all but one of you is in an LMS group yourself. So why do we continue to play this little game when we all know it has moved to the next stage?

But go ahead, vote me for being LMS just like you! :)

I'm still interested in finding baddies, and I think I found one. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe SVS is Water Works.

My suspicions started when she out-of-the-blue called me out as being LMS when accusations were flying that I was Water Works or Railroad. She cited my being upset at splintsy's accusation of me being a railroad as indication that I was LMS, which is a connection that doesn't really make sense. For what it's worth, SVS began calling me out as being LMS on Day 7. The houses on the pinks showed up on Night 7, which means the pinks probably gained full BTSC on Night 6 and into Day 7, right before SVS's accusations of me started. Also keep in mind that Water Works has known my role since Day 1. Also keep in mind that SVS had actually DEFENDED me and my behavior right up until Day 7 when she started saying I was LMS. Then she cited my reaction to the railroad accusations as reason to think I'm LMS, which again, is a very tenuous connection and perhaps one a baddie would try to make to justify the knowledge they gained behind the scenes.

So WW has known my role since Day 1. You know who else Water Works knew the role of? Bass_the_Clever.
Board Movements wrote:From Night 6 To Day 7
12. Bass_the_Clever: Started on Free Parking. Moved 8 (3+5) to Water Works (1+4*4=$20 to WW from bank, learn role).
Here's SVS's reaction to Bass' death:
S~V~S wrote:That's interesting; I was getting the feel that bass had a team, so shrug:.
That's a guilty looking post, IMO. One a killer would make to justify her choice.

As my last piece of evidence, SVS only made ONE post on the subject of BWT on the day he was lynched. It was a big post, she brought up multiple people (the kind of thing baddies do to bury the suspicion on their own teammate)... and when she got down to the BWT section of her post, she cited suspicion of him but also defended him in the same breath. It's the kind of doublespeak you tend to see from baddie partners. In her next post, 4 minutes later, she votes for MM over BWT.

So there's my case. You're almost all in LMS groups right now, so if you want to vote me out because you think I'm in an LMS group when almost everyone in the game is guaranteed to be in one, go for it. People have wanted me dead all game for a variety of reasons so I wouldn't be surprised or angry. But if you'd rather vote for a baddie today, and get rid of the one person who can learn your role and then kill you to take all your cards, I think we're much better off lynching SVS today. Let the baddies kill me at night, they will have to at some point anyways. And I still have my protect, so maybe I can get them to waste an NK in the process ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:First of all, I'm confused, because I should have won Baltic and Mediterranean but I got neither. After the official bidding period closed with no bids placed, I placed $1 bids on the properties at 4:22pm PST, and no one outbid me within 30 minutes of that post. The next bid was MM at 5:05pm PST. So... I should have those properties. If I had, I would have placed my three little houses on them now.
boo said the period was ending at 10 PM EST (so at 7). That's why my bid, and presumably Bass's trumped yours.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well damn I missed that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Interesting that SVS tried to outbid you, MM, for the Baltic property, but didn't bother trying to outbid Bass for the Mediterranean property. I guess she was planning on killing him anyway, so she was able to get it for free!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:First of all, I'm confused, because I should have won Baltic and Mediterranean but I got neither. After the official bidding period closed with no bids placed, I placed $1 bids on the properties at 4:22pm PST, and no one outbid me within 30 minutes of that post. The next bid was MM at 5:05pm PST. So... I should have those properties. If I had, I would have placed my three little houses on them now.

I'm also confused as to why I stopped rolling after getting doubles, as has been happening all game. I landed on a hotel and stopped there for some reason, when I should have had another roll.

Anyway,I guess it looks pretty bad for me. I bought some houses, and then the pinks upgraded to hotels. Interesting that this warrants me being lynched, since it's the first evidence that clears me of being WW or a RR. And as LC astutely pointed out, all but one of you is in an LMS group yourself. So why do we continue to play this little game when we all know it has moved to the next stage?

I'm still interested in finding baddies, and I think I found one. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe SVS is Water Works.

My suspicions started when she out-of-the-blue called me out as being LMS when accusations were flying that I was Water Works or Railroad. She cited my being upset at splintsy's accusation of me being a railroad as indication that I was LMS, which is a connection that doesn't really make sense. For what it's worth, SVS began calling me out as being LMS on Day 7. The houses on the pinks showed up on Night 7, which means the pinks probably gained full BTSC on Night 6 and into Day 7, right before SVS's accusations of me started. Also keep in mind that Water Works has known my role since Day 1. Also keep in mind that SVS had actually DEFENDED me and my behavior right up until Day 7 when she started saying I was LMS. Then she cited my reaction to the railroad accusations as reason to think I'm LMS, which again, is a very tenuous connection and perhaps one a baddie would try to make to justify the knowledge they gained behind the scenes.

So WW has known my role since Day 1. You know who else Water Works knew the role of? Bass_the_Clever.
12. Bass_the_Clever: Started on Free Parking. Moved 8 (3+5) to Water Works (1+4*4=$20 to WW from bank, learn role).
S~V~S wrote:That's interesting; I was getting the feel that bass had a team, so shrug:.
That's a guilty looking post, IMO. One a killer would make to justify her choice.

As my last piece of evidence, SVS only made ONE post on the subject of BWT on the day he was lynched. It was a big post, she brought up multiple people (the kind of thing baddies do to bury the suspicion on their own teammate)... and when she got down to the BWT section of her post, she cited suspicion of him but also defended him in the same breath. It's the kind of doublespeak you tend to see from baddie partners. In her next post, 4 minutes later, she votes for MM over BWT.

So there's my case. You're almost all in LMS groups right now, so if you want to vote me out because you think I'm in an LMS group when almost everyone in the game is guaranteed to be in one, go for it. People have wanted me dead all game for a variety of reasons so I wouldn't be surprised or angry. But if you'd rather vote for a baddie today, and get rid of the one person who can learn your role and then kill you to take all your cards, I think we're much better off lynching SVS today. Let the baddies kill me at night, they will have to at some point anyways. And I still have my protect, so maybe I can get them to waste an NK in the process ;)
That is an interesting case, so I would like to hear SVS's response. Having said that, it sounds a bit as if you're saying "I may be LMS, but she started as a baddie." As far as I can tell, once you become LMS, you might as well be baddie to everyone else.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's the best post you've made all game TH. I still have some questions about it.

What about her reactions to Bass before Bass was NK'd? also, what about the missed NK from WW on Day 4? I was having other ideas for SVS's role, and that was as part of a color group, not as WW. She hasn't paid attention to a lot of details about this game, but if she is WW, maybe that's because her partner died early on?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Interesting that SVS tried to outbid you, MM, for the Baltic property, but didn't bother trying to outbid Bass for the Mediterranean property. I guess she was planning on killing him anyway, so she was able to get it for free!
She didn't seem to be aware that I had the bonus added to my bid. SVS is not someone I expect to be intentionally obtuse.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:That's the best post you've made all game TH. I still have some questions about it.

What about her reactions to Bass before Bass was NK'd? also, what about the missed NK from WW on Day 4? I was having other ideas for SVS's role, and that was as part of a color group, not as WW. She hasn't paid attention to a lot of details about this game, but if she is WW, maybe that's because her partner died early on?
SVS is one of the only players in this game that I could see intentionally missing a kill if she thought there was strategic value in doing so. She's done it before in another game. She replaced an inactive player on Day 3. The missing Night 4 kill set up every other inactive player, except for SVS, as being Water Works.

Her reactions to Bass were in relation to you. She was thinking maybe you two had BTSC, I think. Water Works hasn't learned your role yet, MM.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote: That is an interesting case, so I would like to hear SVS's response. Having said that, it sounds a bit as if you're saying "I may be LMS, but she started as a baddie." As far as I can tell, once you become LMS, you might as well be baddie to everyone else.
At this point, lynching a RR or WW is more crucial. With all the kills and properties they've racked up, they are more dangerous than LMS players. On the other hand, it would be beneficial to kill one or two players in each of the LMS groups to decrease their power. On one hand, I hope that's what the RR's and WW have been doing, but on the other hand, that means they own properties with hotels.

Enjoy the $1 TH. I'm assuming it's going to you. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Interesting that SVS tried to outbid you, MM, for the Baltic property, but didn't bother trying to outbid Bass for the Mediterranean property. I guess she was planning on killing him anyway, so she was able to get it for free!
She didn't seem to be aware that I had the bonus added to my bid. SVS is not someone I expect to be intentionally obtuse.
I can't untwist this logic pretzel so I'll retract my cheap shot.

linki: Lol I didn't even put up that house for auction at $1, boo must have done so on my behalf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Actually my point still stands. SVS raised you for Baltic but didn't raise Bass for Mediterranean when she had previously bid on both. Next thing you know, Bass gets NKed.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Her reactions to Bass were in relation to you. She was thinking maybe you two had BTSC, I think. Water Works hasn't learned your role yet, MM.
I am one of the few fortunate remaining. I'm hope that's my saving grace.

Linki: Alright, I'll trust you on this TH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DFaraday wrote:That is an interesting case, so I would like to hear SVS's response. Having said that, it sounds a bit as if you're saying "I may be LMS, but she started as a baddie." As far as I can tell, once you become LMS, you might as well be baddie to everyone else.
Yeah I suppose that's what I'm saying. But let's not kid ourselves here, 12 of the 13 remaining players are LMS or baddie, lol. In that respect I'm just as bad as everyone else. But I have no kill, no teammates left, and cannot learn roles. The baddies need me dead to win. Force them to NK me. If they're NKing me, they're not NKing you. Pretty sweet deal, right?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
DFaraday wrote:That is an interesting case, so I would like to hear SVS's response. Having said that, it sounds a bit as if you're saying "I may be LMS, but she started as a baddie." As far as I can tell, once you become LMS, you might as well be baddie to everyone else.
Yeah I suppose that's what I'm saying. But let's not kid ourselves here, 12 of the 13 remaining players are LMS or baddie, lol. In that respect I'm just as bad as everyone else. But I have no kill, no teammates left, and cannot learn roles. The baddies need me dead to win. Force them to NK me. If they're NKing me, they're not NKing you. Pretty sweet deal, right?
:eek: No teammates left? How in the world did you acquire all of the pinks and buy hotels on them?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Her reactions to Bass were in relation to you. She was thinking maybe you two had BTSC, I think. Water Works hasn't learned your role yet, MM.

Just go back and check how the bids went down. First, SVS bid on both. Then you raised her on one, while Bass bid on the other. Then SVS tried to raise you but not raise Bass, and then tried to figure out if you boys had BTSC. If she was already killing Bass she wouldn't have to raise him because she would get the property anyway.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've only built on my own property. I don't have my teammates' cards/hotels, the baddies do.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I've only built on my own property. I don't have my teammates' cards/hotels, the baddies do.
We can safely assume you are one of the pinks. So you bought 3 houses, put one on your property (assuming you aren't Virginia), returned one to the market, and sold one to a baddie? Before today, you were the only player to publicly buy a house, meaning no one else had one in reserve somewhere. If the baddies have the other two pinks, then you still allowed them to gain hotels. I don't believe you would do that, so I don't believe that your teammates are dead.

I guess Bass could be one of your teammates, but you've just said that the baddies have the other pinks. If you are Virginia, then you gave them a house (or two) to get to hotels. If you are one of the other two, then you should be dead because you landed on Virginia and paid the baddies $900.

So, I don't believe you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No I gave the other house to my teammate so we could build hotels, but that teammate is dead now.

I actually didn't realize that the railroads could build a hotel on the third property until after it happened, I thought they needed all three, so I do apologize for that. I've been bested by the mechanics of this game more than once...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm moving my vote to SVS for now. Regardless, it makes sense for WW to kill someone who they know has a hotel.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

After we get rid of the original baddies, we will still need to lynch the properties who purchased the Beatdown power, likely the reds. There's only 13 of us left, there's 3 baddies plus up to 3 properties in the Beatdown set. Lynching me is a waste of precious time. Let the baddies try to NK me while we try to lynch the people who can kill.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:No I gave the other house to my teammate so we could build hotels, but that teammate is dead now.

I actually didn't realize that the railroads could build a hotel on the third property until after it happened, I thought they needed all three, so I do apologize for that. I've been bested by the mechanics of this game more than once...
You gave a house to a teammate? Meaning you bought the house and then gave it to someone to place on their property? I thought you had to buy your own houses to place on your own property. Otherwise, one richer property owner could build up his partners properties. Just doesn't make sense to me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:No I gave the other house to my teammate so we could build hotels, but that teammate is dead now.

You gave a house to a teammate? Meaning you bought the house and then gave it to someone to place on their property? I thought you had to buy your own houses to place on your own property. Otherwise, one richer property owner could build up his partners properties. Just doesn't make sense to me.
According to boo, we can 'trade' anything, so TH could just sell the house to a teammate for $1.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That's exactly what I did.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Just go back and check how the bids went down. First, SVS bid on both. Then you raised her on one, while Bass bid on the other. Then SVS tried to raise you but not raise Bass, and then tried to figure out if you boys had BTSC. If she was already killing Bass she wouldn't have to raise him because she would get the property anyway.
I wanted to keep them out of the hands of the reds. Then I started bidding on one because I thought MM & Bass were partners and their bidding seemed coordinated, so I wanted to keep them from getting a Monopoly on those properties. It was obvious from the thread that I suspected Bass and MM of being teammates.

I did not kill Bass or anyone else.

I am voting for you, TH. Your reactions the past few dayshave not been civ IMO, and trying to push this onto me is weak.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

What do you think of my case on SVS, Jules? And do you agree that we should try to lynch the killers before lynching the LMS groups? I'm coming up on the red part of the board, I might simply go bankrupt anyways.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'd like to hear her response to your accusations before i make a judgement TH.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

She didn't respond to them. She already posted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh, and yes i think we ought to lynch the killers before the LMS groups. It's a matter of deciding who the killers are thats the problem.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

SVS are you going to respond to TH's accusations?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hate to post so many times in a row but while i'm thinking about it, I will be in the car all day again tomorrow going home to florida. We won't get in until late tomorrow night so I'm sure i won't be in the thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:What do you think of my case on SVS, Jules? And do you agree that we should try to lynch the killers before lynching the LMS groups? I'm coming up on the red part of the board, I might simply go bankrupt anyways.
But I think if you go bankrupt, then your properties go to the owner of the property you landed on anyway. :shrug:

At least if we lynch you, we know who gets your property.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I guess that's a good point. Lol. We need to lynch the reds regardless, whether they end up with my property or not.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Turnip Head »

There's a big part of my case on SVS that revolves around her involvement in BWT's lynch that was sort of glossed over so I'll expound upon it here. This post was SVS's only mention of BWT, hidden inside what's probably her longest post in the game. I'll highlight the part where she talks about BWT, but I get the feeling she was trying to bury it within a bunch of other suspicions.
S~V~S wrote:For me, LC has a certain "feel" when he's bad, he just feels phony. He feels like a salesman, like he's giving you a hearty handshake, slightly TOO hearty (I don't think I have ever articulated this before). He's a little edgier, slightly snarkier, more real when he's good. He feels on the level to me at this point.

Boogs, I think, has an agenda. It is an agenda I have seen from lots of people myself, the "Oh My God, You Screwed me SO BAD In the Last Game, I Can Never Trust You Again". He wants LC to be bad, and that's that. If anything I think that makes him more likely to be civvie rather than less.

At this pint, I am looking at MM, BWT & Zeek. I might table Zeek for now as I think this is gonna be tight and less spread is better than more, IMO.

BWT is DOING & saying all kinds of baddie things. But he is not acting like bad BWT all that much. Llama is calling him blendy, but bad BWT is blendy like Faraday blendy. BUT he could have switched it up. I hope he comes back. The case is good but my gut is waffling.

MM has said almost nothing that can be pinned down. He is agreeable, and seems to vote for people based totally on reasons other than whether or not they are bad.

Zeek has struck me as playing a very smooth, non spotlight style game. He is also not saying much of substance. I poked him twice, and his reaction was the same both times.
zeek wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I started my reread of Zeek this AM, and have to say, he does not seem like the same guy we had in Dr Who. Helluva lot quieter.
This is not-my-first-game-since-coming-out-of-retirement-Zeek. I'm sorry I'm not more like MP this game, but thats not my usual style anyway.

Speaking of MP, he's passionate every game I've played with him, so I'm not really seeing how he's different this game. He often hammers home his theories.

So, on my radar at the moment are BWT, LC, llama and Boogs.

I feel LC has acquitted himself well since the theories about him and llama have been put out there and I'm pretty happy not voting for him at the moment. He's seemed pretty genuine to me. llama is a different story. Still unsure about him but maybe not enough to vote there right now. I find the "you know me better than that" thing suspect though. I don't know him, why even say it?

BWT has a fair few empty posts and as pointed out he did say he'd only bid on property he felt was worth having. There's little reason to want the property he did bid for unless you're railroad. He also far outbid me for win an auction, when there was no need to go that high. I believe he has a bit of spare cash, makes me wonder how he got it.

Boogs has been acting suspicious the way he advocates lynching people with powers or has BTSC. He says the crux of his case is he thinks LC and llama are mafia but I'm not sure I believe that anymore. He may be trying to eliminate any strength developing within the civs. We need BTSC atm, so theres more trust. That can be a problem for endgame, once the Mafia are gone.

So yeah, may go BWT or Boogs today. My eye is still on llama.
That whole, "Speaking of MP..." feels like such a subject change. "Yeah I'm not bad, now lets move along, nothing to see here". This is totally gut and feels, but this was pretty much the same:
S~V~S wrote:
zeek wrote:Aren't you dead, S~V~S? :|
Disappointed to see me back?
zeek wrote:Of course not :)

I haven't played much with llama really, four cycles in Zelda but I was quite busy and couldn't follow the game fully. Even less with Boogs, she died before I did in that game. I do think the kitty thing is easy to hide behind though. Is this something she does when she's bad?

I'm interested in hearing from keys, as he's been very quiet after the searching debate and not said much about suspicions.
"Of course not :)

Now lets talk about something else. " is how that reads to me. But like I said, I will revisit this tomorrow.

Linki, not sure how I feel about that. But it did lead me to conclude that I feel more strongly about Metalmarsh~
So she acknowledged the suspicion against him but also defended him by saying he's a different sort of blendy when he's bad. Then she voted for MM.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S did not post for all of Night 4.

Her last post before, was from Day 4:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 360#p98891

And she did not post again until Day 5:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 480#p99050
S~V~S wrote:I had a busy weekend~ but kept up reading. I intend to reread both TH & Boogs a bit harder.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Damn. Nice catch LC.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

I'm sorry I havent been around much, school is being a bitch right now

I havent been posting a lot, but I kept up with the thread and for me LMS groups and baddies are basically the same as both can kill me at the point, but I rather lynch someone with a nightkill first as that has a higher chance of me ending up dead (I can always be very lucky with on which places I land) and the case against SVS is pretty good and it is intersting she only choose one point to which to reply instead of the entire case against her. So yeah, thats where my vote is going
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Not moving again after doubles was a mistake (I think it's the first time I've made that one... hopefully), apologies, I will correct it in a few minutes and post the update.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Just don't put me on the reds boo. :ninja:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

The Day 9 Board (thanks LC).

TH, I did your second roll, you moved 4 (1+3) to Tennessee Avenue (they get $14 from the bank).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

HannaK wrote:I'm sorry I havent been around much, school is being a bitch right now

I havent been posting a lot, but I kept up with the thread and for me LMS groups and baddies are basically the same as both can kill me at the point, but I rather lynch someone with a nightkill first as that has a higher chance of me ending up dead (I can always be very lucky with on which places I land) and the case against SVS is pretty good and it is intersting she only choose one point to which to reply instead of the entire case against her. So yeah, thats where my vote is going
I was standing on a bus stop on my phone. Just walked in the door.

And LC, not sure what your point is? Why does not posting for a few days incriminate me? Not being snarky, I just don't understand, especially in a game where so many have not been posting at all.

And I gotta say, TH, if he makes it out of today, deserves to win imo. He has been talking his way out of being lynched for days. Last lynch, instead of lynching him, we lynched 2 civvies. Making it easier for baddies to win.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 3]

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:There's a big part of my case on SVS that revolves around her involvement in BWT's lynch that was sort of glossed over so I'll expound upon it here. This post was SVS's only mention of BWT, hidden inside what's probably her longest post in the game. I'll highlight the part where she talks about BWT, but I get the feeling she was trying to bury it within a bunch of other suspicions.
S~V~S wrote:For me, LC has a certain "feel" when he's bad, he just feels phony. He feels like a salesman, like he's giving you a hearty handshake, slightly TOO hearty (I don't think I have ever articulated this before). He's a little edgier, slightly snarkier, more real when he's good. He feels on the level to me at this point.

Boogs, I think, has an agenda. It is an agenda I have seen from lots of people myself, the "Oh My God, You Screwed me SO BAD In the Last Game, I Can Never Trust You Again". He wants LC to be bad, and that's that. If anything I think that makes him more likely to be civvie rather than less.

At this pint, I am looking at MM, BWT & Zeek. I might table Zeek for now as I think this is gonna be tight and less spread is better than more, IMO.

BWT is DOING & saying all kinds of baddie things. But he is not acting like bad BWT all that much. Llama is calling him blendy, but bad BWT is blendy like Faraday blendy. BUT he could have switched it up. I hope he comes back. The case is good but my gut is waffling.

MM has said almost nothing that can be pinned down. He is agreeable, and seems to vote for people based totally on reasons other than whether or not they are bad.

Zeek has struck me as playing a very smooth, non spotlight style game. He is also not saying much of substance. I poked him twice, and his reaction was the same both times.
zeek wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I started my reread of Zeek this AM, and have to say, he does not seem like the same guy we had in Dr Who. Helluva lot quieter.
This is not-my-first-game-since-coming-out-of-retirement-Zeek. I'm sorry I'm not more like MP this game, but thats not my usual style anyway.

Speaking of MP, he's passionate every game I've played with him, so I'm not really seeing how he's different this game. He often hammers home his theories.

So, on my radar at the moment are BWT, LC, llama and Boogs.

I feel LC has acquitted himself well since the theories about him and llama have been put out there and I'm pretty happy not voting for him at the moment. He's seemed pretty genuine to me. llama is a different story. Still unsure about him but maybe not enough to vote there right now. I find the "you know me better than that" thing suspect though. I don't know him, why even say it?

BWT has a fair few empty posts and as pointed out he did say he'd only bid on property he felt was worth having. There's little reason to want the property he did bid for unless you're railroad. He also far outbid me for win an auction, when there was no need to go that high. I believe he has a bit of spare cash, makes me wonder how he got it.

Boogs has been acting suspicious the way he advocates lynching people with powers or has BTSC. He says the crux of his case is he thinks LC and llama are mafia but I'm not sure I believe that anymore. He may be trying to eliminate any strength developing within the civs. We need BTSC atm, so theres more trust. That can be a problem for endgame, once the Mafia are gone.

So yeah, may go BWT or Boogs today. My eye is still on llama.
That whole, "Speaking of MP..." feels like such a subject change. "Yeah I'm not bad, now lets move along, nothing to see here". This is totally gut and feels, but this was pretty much the same:
S~V~S wrote:
zeek wrote:Aren't you dead, S~V~S? :|
Disappointed to see me back?
zeek wrote:Of course not :)

I haven't played much with llama really, four cycles in Zelda but I was quite busy and couldn't follow the game fully. Even less with Boogs, she died before I did in that game. I do think the kitty thing is easy to hide behind though. Is this something she does when she's bad?

I'm interested in hearing from keys, as he's been very quiet after the searching debate and not said much about suspicions.
"Of course not :)

Now lets talk about something else. " is how that reads to me. But like I said, I will revisit this tomorrow.

Linki, not sure how I feel about that. But it did lead me to conclude that I feel more strongly about Metalmarsh~
So she acknowledged the suspicion against him but also defended him by saying he's a different sort of blendy when he's bad. Then she voted for MM.
And I didn't switch my vote to him, either, and if I was his teammate I would have to be dumb not to have done so. I believe I was the only vote left that did not switch to him.

I honestly did not think he was bad. I always read BWT really well, and he is (or used to be) much more opportunistic in voting when he is bad. He makes blendy posts with no back up when he makes votes when bad. I did not see that here, and I honestly expected him to turn up civ.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:SVS are you going to respond to TH's accusations?
You know what time I get off of work, and you know when I commute. You played the game where I was freaking out on the bus, didn't you? I just got home.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:What do you think of my case on SVS, Jules? And do you agree that we should try to lynch the killers before lynching the LMS groups? I'm coming up on the red part of the board, I might simply go bankrupt anyways.
Your case is wrong, I am not a killer. I did not kill Bass. I replaced Sabie, who had 3 posts. Water Works killed BR when I was dead on Night Two. I replaced her the next night.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sabie was DEFINITELY not water works, and neither am I.

Return to “Previous Jobs”