Total votes: 12
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 10]

Post by juliets »

Thanks MP - boo will you tell us who replaced who? My spreadsheet will be all goofed up if I have to guess.

I am willing to put a vote on Faraday today because I believe the role block story. I'll think about whether I want to force others to use their +5 votes - do we have evidence they are bad or are we just trying to get rid of the ability now while we can so it can't be used later? I'm a little confused about that point.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Thanks MP - boo will you tell us who replaced who? My spreadsheet will be all goofed up if I have to guess.

I am willing to put a vote on Faraday today because I believe the role block story. I'll think about whether I want to force others to use their +5 votes - do we have evidence they are bad or are we just trying to get rid of the ability now while we can so it can't be used later? I'm a little confused about that point.
We don't have evidence they are bad. I think TH is just saying regardless of whether they're bad or LMS, the latter of which is more likely from a numbers standpoint, at some point they will have lynch control.

But I personally am leaning more towards just flat out lynching DF today, I think. The +5 is something to keep in mind, but it's not somethign we need to coordinate today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:BR replaced an inactive who I'm certain was on Epig's team.
Can you elaborate on this one, Marshy?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just saw that BR replaced Elo. You think Elo and Epi had BTSC?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I just saw that BR replaced Elo. You think Elo and Epi had BTSC?
Yes, and I think it is related to the reason Eloh quit.

Look at their interactions from Day 1-2. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't quote effectively, but that's why I think they were partners.

Also, why do you think Epig is a red? I do agree that he and LC were probably on a team, but I don't think that they could have gotten hotels as early as they did, not with the cash Epig had. I just don't see him as a red.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Reading Railroad killed Epi. SVS was Reading Railroad. Indiana Avenue popped out of her corpse.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:Thanks MP - boo will you tell us who replaced who? My spreadsheet will be all goofed up if I have to guess.

We don't have evidence they are bad. I think TH is just saying regardless of whether they're bad or LMS, the latter of which is more likely from a numbers standpoint, at some point they will have lynch control.

But I personally am leaning more towards just flat out lynching DF today, I think. The +5 is something to keep in mind, but it's not somethign we need to coordinate today.
My suggestion is that we look for WW today since that is the one that kills tonight, and DF is a solid backup option.

Linki: Oh that's right. Who killed on Night 7?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You would rather the Beatdown properties get to kill tonight instead?
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

Just to be clear, it is possible that either MP or bass is bad now right so it's not 100% sure they are 'neutral?' (they just have to trade and stuff to stay alive?)

And I guess DF is a better gamble than trying to lynch WW tonight as he/she may 'forget' to kill again and I honestly dont really know where to look for WW at this point and there is always a chance WW kills someone with the +5 votes anyway (regarding the +5 votes power discussion)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:You would rather the Beatdown properties get to kill tonight instead?
What's the difference really in who gets to kill? I don't see any difference between WW and the Beatdowns as far as killing someone - the "who" may be different but I don't know how to determine who WW would kill versus the Beatdowns. Why is it that you feel the Beatdowns are more dangerous?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Because the Beatdowns aren't going to NK anyone on their team while WW might. And with an NK the Beatdowns might start to feel confident in running the lynches. Especially if they have extra votes.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I see what you are saying TH, thanks for responding.

And i forgot to say earlier welcome back MP and Bass, unless one of you is bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Because the Beatdowns aren't going to NK anyone on their team while WW might. And with an NK the Beatdowns might start to feel confident in running the lynches. Especially if they have extra votes.
I know you've discounted juliets' thoughts, but I'd still lean more towards her view. WW has killed 3 times now, and acquired at least 4 properties as a result. What if MP and/or Bass manage to team up with WW? He still has the ability to learn roles too. Both factions would be dangerous with the kill.

My understanding is that you nor any teammates you might have own the Beatdown role. Which player do you think acquired the beatdown (if any)?

Also TH, why were you so keen to lynch SVS when you thought she was WW (and she wasn't), but now you are redirecting us from hunting for WW?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not against lynching WW, it needs to be done at some point. But on the priority list of people who need to die, WW might be on the lower end for me right now.

I was for lynching SVS because that was the best case I had anyone. We don't currently have a case on Water Works.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Epi would likely encourage his team to acquire the Beatdown. I could also see LC wanting it; he hasn't bid on anything in quite a while, he may have paid a pretty penny for it. Lorab's on my radar, she hasn't bid on much or said much. Anyone I say here would be nothing more than a wild guess.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Basically, I think a color group that was established early is most likely to have bid high for it. So probably the reds or the baby blues.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Would you mind making a list of who you think we should kill, as long or short as you like, even if it's just by player role?

Even if we lynch DF today, the beatdown would still get his kill tomorrow, if he is B&O.

Linki: I don't think LC bought it. If he did, there is definitely not a chance he and Epig could have afforded hotels, no matter who their other parter was. I originally thought SVS had bought it since she had asked questions about it, but she turned out to be a RR instead. And I know I don't have it.

Linki 2: Yes, the baby blues are a possibility. Here are our options then.

1) We search for and lynch the baddies, and see if anyone else starts killing. Then we adjust accordingly.

2) We focus on breaking down color groups (that puts you on this list TH) and let the baddies continue to kill.

If you are right, and the beatdown will become prevalent, then the sooner we found out who has it, the better. Lynching color groups probably won't tell us who has it; we can only hope that we lynched the right person.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sure, here's my personal priority list:

Long Con (+5 votes, LMS, possibly Beatdown)
DFaraday (nearly airtight case for being RR)
Water Works
Metalmarsh (+5 votes, likely LMS)
Reds (BR?)
Everyone else (LMS), Bass, MP? Idk
Turnip Head (all by himself, broke as fuck)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH, since there is an almost airtight case against DF why would you go for LC first? Is it because you believe he has the beatdown? Is there anything in particular that leads you to that conclusion (sorry if I missed it if you already explained).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I think Zeek was either red or baby blue. If he was a red and you're right about BR, then Epi and LC were not teammates.

Linki: I'm worried that LC bought Beatdown and that he has enough votes to run lynches, yes. He's also been gunning for me all game, mostly because he thought I was WW. Maybe he was hoping that was the case so he could get his grubby Canadian hands all over the NK.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

hahahaha "his grubby canadian hands", good one TH, and thanks for the explanation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:And I think Zeek was either red or baby blue. If he was a red and you're right about BR, then Epi and LC were not teammates.

Linki: I'm worried that LC bought Beatdown and that he has enough votes to run lynches, yes. He's also been gunning for me all game, mostly because he thought I was WW. Maybe he was hoping that was the case so he could get his grubby Canadian hands all over the NK.
That's a really good point. I'll think about it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LC did back off of you after I posted my case that you're pink, and he also has become very interested in lynching DF. Then again, that's not an isolated behavior. I and others have also switched trains of thought.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Well it wasn't a straight out replace, SD and DP just left since they weren't actually playing so MP and bass would have a property to start with. I just put them both back in where they were for my SS and changed the necessary stuff.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Sale:
The 10 houses that cost $100 each and do not have to be used immediately after buying can be purchased now via PM. You can buy as many as you want, but they cost an additional $25 for each one you buy after 1. You can buy them for the next 2 hours.

10 extra lynch votes are for sale. They cost $50 each and it's 2 max per player. They will stop being sold (if they aren't sold out) in 5 hours.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

What a twist
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:Sure, here's my personal priority list:

Water Works
Reds (BR?)

You're quite the sweet talker. I'm not buying what you're selling. I think you are much more powerful than you are letting on. I also think you may be low on money but you have more tricks up your sleeve. There is no way you mortgaged that sweet property you just picked up that will make you much more powerful.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Sure, here's my personal priority list:

Water Works
Reds (BR?)

You're quite the sweet talker. I'm not buying what you're selling. I think you are much more powerful than you are letting on. I also think you may be low on money but you have more tricks up your sleeve. There is no way you mortgaged that sweet property you just picked up that will make you much more powerful.
BR, given what boo said about assessing TH's resources (paraphrasing) I can't imagine what he meant if not looking to see what can be mortgaged to give him enough cash to live. boo didn't make that kind of comment about anyone else who landed on a hotel. So if you believe he didn't mortgage the property how do you think he got enough money to pay the hotel rent? Or have I misunderstood what you said?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I literally had to mortgage them or I would die, it's that simple. I can get them back if I get more money later.

I had one trick up my sleeve, the +5 votes, and I was already forced to use it. Long Con and Metalmarsh have that same trick still, guaranteed. And if they have any amount of money at all, they probably just bought a couple more.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

12 alive. If LC has the 5 votes, plus his own, plus 2 more from today, plus maybe 1 or 2 from the contest at the beginning of the game... that's a possible 9 or 10 votes. More if he's got teammates willing to vote with him.

There will probably be 10 players left alive in 48 hours.

Scary stuff people.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't have the Beatdown. For all I know, you have it TH, you're the one so broke you had to mortgage, right? I'm going after Water Works, and I'm going after Railroads, because they're baddies. It's not speculation, like "LC is a red" (no, I'm not), it's a fact. An accompanying fact is that every time they kill, they get a great deal more powerful by lining up properties.

It is no surprise that I'm on top of your list, TH, considering I've been completely hounding you all game. It's truly nothing personal, and if Metalmarsh is right and you're a pink, then I've been very wrong and wasted my time and more in coming after you. How airtight is MM's case on you being a pink? I need to look over it again.

Again, I don't have the Beatdown. And it's funny that you'd mention how I have backed off bidding lately, because I've been intending to bid at the end of the night/day for certain things, and a couple of times forgetfulness has cost me so much. $1 for Indiana with a hotel?? Seriously, I looked at the clock four minutes after bidding closed, and swore. I would have gladly taken that juicy red moneymaker.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Did you bid on Beatdown, LC?

And you would have had to bid $202 to win that hotel. Because you didn't vote for SVS like you should have. Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't bid on the Beatdown. It was pretty much a sure thing that the Reds would make sure they got it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Long Con wrote:I didn't bid on the Beatdown. It was pretty much a sure thing that the Reds would make sure they got it.
If you aren't red who do you think is ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think the reds are all dead, and in the hands of the Railroad, the Utility, and Turnip Head.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

Long Con wrote:I think the reds are all dead, and in the hands of the Railroad, the Utility, and Turnip Head.
What makes you think TH has a red property? (he landed on one of their hotels and clearly had to pay so the chance he has a red one is already deminished by 33%)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, first of all, TH bid $1 and got Indiana Avenue (with a hotel) after it was taken from S~V~S' lynched corpse, so yes... he has one.

Second, even if TH had a red, and landed on a red, it would still show up as him paying them, even if he were paying himself.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just want to add, TH would have to pay for landing on Illinois, because he just has Indiana. I believe his payment was quite real, and that he's not a native red.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:I think the reds are all dead, and in the hands of the Railroad, the Utility, and Turnip Head.
I think you're correct.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I went ahead and voted DFaraday. It just makes the most sense to me to get rid of the proper mafia right now, and he's the only one whose role seems 99% certain to me.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DFaraday »

Even if, as you assume, I am a railroad, I think everyone should think about who the real threats are. At this point, everyone who is not your color is your enemy, and I'm not one of the guys who've been hoarding special abilities. I have no tricks, no allegiance, and let's face it, no real strategy (I'm really off my mark this entire game).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

But one thing you do have DF that we don't is a kill. I'm sorry but I have to vote for you too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting DF.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I still think we should force LC to lynch DFaraday by himself, but I understand that a more straightforward approach is more popular. But don't say I didn't warn you guys about his voting power.

I guess we'll see if anyone inherits the kill. I don't know if I believe LC when he says he didn't bid on Beatdown. The reds spent a lot of money on houses, hotels, and Epi's Chance card, while the baby blues were frugal with their house purchases. These were the two established teams when Beatdown was put up for auction. Smart money says the blues at least tried to get the power.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There were extra votes for sale yesterday, how come nobody bought any?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How do you know nobody bought them? I didn't because I don't have any money, but I definitely would have bought some if I was able.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:How do you know nobody bought them? I didn't because I don't have any money, but I definitely would have bought some if I was able.
I wasn't around, but it said houses were available for sale via pm, but not for the votes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

boo wrote:Sale:
The 10 houses that cost $100 each and do not have to be used immediately after buying can be purchased now via PM. You can buy as many as you want, but they cost an additional $25 for each one you buy after 1. You can buy them for the next 2 hours.

10 extra lynch votes are for sale. They cost $50 each and it's 2 max per player. They will stop being sold (if they aren't sold out) in 5 hours.
Hmmm it looks like you're right. Boo didn't say that the votes were sold via PM like the houses.

And I'm pretty sure I saw you online reading the thread when the announcement went up. :ponder:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Looks like all the houses are still on the front page, too.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
boo wrote:Sale:

Hmmm it looks like you're right. Boo didn't say that the votes were sold via PM like the houses.

And I'm pretty sure I saw you online reading the thread when the announcement went up. :ponder:
I did check in briefly on my phone on the bus. I also tend to leave my browser open when I'm not home. Like how some players hide their online status, I do the opposite. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”