Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (GAME OVER- MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

What next, gang?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:00 pm

DrWilgy
21%
falcon45ca
No votes
hollowkatt
No votes
RondoDimBuckle
7%
sig
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Hanna Barbera (host/mod/others)
71%

Total votes: 14
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 177

Re: Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (Day1)

Post by Creature »

I'mma gonna be honest: I don't have a good read on sig. All I know is that I see him being often mislynched or miskilled by town for the dumbest shit, like in Cartomancy mafia, and that's why I am pretty skeptical about that slip thing. I thought he was towny for the way he started D1, but idk how he plays as wolf and I might be underestimating his wolfgame.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 92

Post by falcon45ca »

Def feels like a difference check between Wilgy & Kate
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm I'mma gonna be honest: I don't have a good read on sig. All I know is that I see him being often mislynched or miskilled by town for the dumbest shit, like in Cartomancy mafia, and that's why I am pretty skeptical about that slip thing. I thought he was towny for the way he started D1, but idk how he plays as wolf and I might be underestimating his wolfgame.
Slip? What's the slip, lemme see plz
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Re: Scooby Doo: Monster Collective (Night 0)

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:42 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:27 pm You guys just be glad you don’t know scrappy doo. I would happily erase him from my memory lol
fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:23 pm
Scrappy Doo wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:10 pm woof woof
Oh god scrappy doo is the worst. Perhaps one of the most justifiably hated characters of all time

Splints is my ride or die this game idc how she flips, whay she does, who she kills.

She could claim mafia while being red checked and saying she was gonna lead a misvote on me and my hatred for scrappy will still burn brighter than all those things. :p

On a serious note, I 100% bet Scrabby is a third party role I’m thinking in like with the character from Rico’s Courage game awhile back. Basically a player posts as both themselves and scrabby.

Or if we wanna include movie verse then scrappy is a mafia member since in the first movie he was the main villain
The slip is that sig assumed villain = mafia member when in reality villain = town. Therefore, sig supposedly slipped being a main character.

Though, that doesn't make sense because if sig randed mafia he would know main characters = mafia.

Honestly it should only be a real wolfslip is if someone either slipped information town can't have or contradicted themselves while claiming. Accidentally getting an info wrong counts as a derp and it's most often than not NAI.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 166

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:35 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:25 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:58 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:48 pm
Kate wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:27 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:26 pm

If you want to wolf read me bc I think you are bad then go ahead. Why keep asking others why they don't think I am wolf? Do you need their permission? Get off the fence man and say how you read me and then stand by it.
This looks like town Roxy to me.
I've liked everything I've seen out of you this game. Can I sheep you as well?
Me? Or rox? If it's me, sure you do you doc.
Hmmmm...rather quick to accept a Wilgy pocket I see. Does this mean you're TR his slot?
No, just that he can do what he wants and I'm not gonna tell him what to do or not do. I have no read on wilgy currently.
You don't find it odd he's sheeping you...and while he says he likes everything you've posted, it's not like he's pointing out specific thoughts of yours he vibes with...and he's certainly capable of forming his own takes.

Why aren't you sus of how he's framing his sheep on your reads?
This is interesting. Are you finding my behavior or Kate's response to my behavior more interesting?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Hmmmm...rather quick to accept a Wilgy pocket I see. Does this mean you're TR his slot?
No, just that he can do what he wants and I'm not gonna tell him what to do or not do. I have no read on wilgy currently.
You don't find it odd he's sheeping you...and while he says he likes everything you've posted, it's not like he's pointing out specific thoughts of yours he vibes with...and he's certainly capable of forming his own takes.

This is interesting. Are you finding my behavior or Kate's response to my behavior more interesting?
Interesting is the wrong word, scummy is the one you're looking for.

TBD
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:02 pm

TBD
I'm confused by this.

TBD on what you find more scummy between Kate and I based on our interaction?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Chihiro
The Mark
Posts in topic: 219
Aka: ChadMD

Post by Chihiro »

CRichard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:32 am
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 pm Since I barely have any meta on players in this game I have no idea if sig being so focused on a 3rd party instead of mafia is town or mafia motivated. This goes without saying 3rd party hunting or going after 3rd party is almost always mafia motivated.
Yeah that's a good point. I'm also keeping an eye out for anyone who wants the discussion to center on Scrappy, rather than anyone else.
The mafia would want town to waste as much discussion time on Scraggy as possible, and will subtly egg on such discussion if they feel they can get away with it.
Yeah this is where im about with the scrappy discussion overall its just bad for town.
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 am
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:35 pm Mechanically speaking Third Parties possible should always mean that their existance is confirmed, otherwise, this game is bastard. Telling us its possible they exist but then not having any to me is false information. Where I come from games don't include this unless 3rd party exist, they don't say they may or may not exist.
that isn't the cold hard rule in TS fyi.

i read the chihiro debacle with pyxxy with role pm lingo, which i specifically ban from happening from my games for the purpose of how gross it is and icky and stuff, and have a town lean on chihiro and pyxxy out of it for different reasons.
well yeah cause its gross, which why i specifically got pissed at pyxxy for reading into it.

Also I don't think I am that over the place with the scrappy slot, I think anyone thats hard focused on it over scum hunting is probablly mafia themself.
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:49 am i find it a bit strange how Chihiro (and lucy) was so opposed to sig's take on scrappy but is ok with neon being anti scrappy too and voting there and no where else till scrappy is eliminated.

i'd like to know why @Chihiro?

it felt ~personal~
No not personal, I just have experience with neon where I have 0 experience with Sig.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Chihiro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:21 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:35 pm Mechanically speaking Third Parties possible should always mean that their existance is confirmed, otherwise, this game is bastard. Telling us its possible they exist but then not having any to me is false information. Where I come from games don't include this unless 3rd party exist, they don't say they may or may not exist.

i read the chihiro debacle with pyxxy with role pm lingo, which i specifically ban from happening from my games for the purpose of how gross it is and icky and stuff, and have a town lean on chihiro and pyxxy out of it for different reasons.
well yeah cause its gross, which why i specifically got pissed at pyxxy for reading into it.

Also I don't think I am that over the place with the scrappy slot, I think anyone thats hard focused on it over scum hunting is probablly mafia themself.
This sentence makes me wolfread you though.
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:03 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am Also, Sig is outed.
Why is sig outed? I see sig being pushed literally every game he is in, like in Cartomancy. Do you all actually wolfread him or is it "hmmm sig is playing antitown must be wolf" like lucy is doing?
Sig didn't know that the scooby doo villians were town.

I’m semi here about to go into a meeting then I’ll catch up.

This is wrong?
u coming back into the thread after being gone for a bith to immediatly comment on this post pings me, unless you skip back reading to check mentions of you??
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:12 pm I don't get the townreads on Roxy for that giant wall. Why are you all townreading her for that?

I also don't get the wolfreads on Dennis. Where he is matching his wolf tones as compared to his town games?
Personally I agree with creature here, roxy coming in with that big read list doesn't strike me as town motivaed. Felt like mafia wanted to come into the thread with something to look good.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:12 pm

TBD
I'm confused by this.

How is that confusing?

I'm undecided whose behaviour I found more scummy...it feels too obvious for you both to be Maf
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 pm I'mma gonna be honest: I don't have a good read on sig. All I know is that I see him being often mislynched or miskilled by town for the dumbest shit, like in Cartomancy mafia, and that's why I am pretty skeptical about that slip thing. I thought he was towny for the way he started D1, but idk how he plays as wolf and I might be underestimating his wolfgame.
The slip is as silly as prxxy for scum reading me over my slip.
Chihiro
The Mark

Post by Chihiro »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:23 pm

Literally why? Again I don't understand this sites meta when comes to 3rd parties. Like if the sites meta is losing to 3rd parties thats not the fault of the 3rd party existing, thats the fault of town.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Oh look, I decided
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 281

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:12 pm I don't get the townreads on Roxy for that giant wall. Why are you all townreading her for that?

I also don't get the wolfreads on Dennis. Where he is matching his wolf tones as compared to his town games?
If you want to wolf read me bc I think you are bad then go ahead. Why keep asking others why they don't think I am wolf? Do you need their permission? Get off the fence man and say how you read me and then stand by it.
See I kinda disagree. Roxy is being alot more measured in her responses right now which is raising some red flags. Town roxy has a lot more of a like fuck around and find out paired with a I don’t care 🤷‍♀️ vibe (I mean this in a good way :p)

I’m seeing her laying more casework so far and giving detailed reads.

Why do you think it’s towny
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also Sean’s case falls apart given that Scrappy claimed third party ergo it can’t be a slip in any direction?

Either way I really don’t like the diverting attempt and when I finally do ISO he’s gonna be my first and is right now in the lead for mafia.

My view on it is he got called out for not doing much which is within scum meta, so he cobbled together a quick case.

General rapid fire reads.

Lucy is likely not mafia and if my tone was rough sorry :) all in the spirit of the game.

Creature, Neon, and dunya all seem towny so far confidence of read in that order.

Chihiro I’m leery on half the time I find myself liking their posts and half the time I think they’re scummy I need to do a more in depth read of them

Dennis I’m side eyeing but I’ll trust Katie here. Granted they could both be mafia and hard clearing, but I’ll give that a D1 pass.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh and then we’ve got the slanders who I want to see more from especially Wilgy, Falcon, Omega,

If I haven’t mentioned you it’s since I don’t have a player list in front of me I expect to give more condescend and put together reads when I’m done work for the day
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

pyxxy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:34 pm kate feels alright, falcon feels alright, creature feels like they're crea-tching but also idt I've lived long in a game with creature regardless of alignment so not much experience from me "reading that slot" as the kids say

DOOM seems to be DOA

should probably re-read sig at some point because this felt odd to me, seemingly down with my slip case
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:07 pm Yay for town working together even if it was in the shadows

I still find you sus tho Chihiro, sorry
[VOTE: Chihiro] aubergine
I’ve got to reread the potential slip area. If you’re correct it’s a great D1 vote:

My biggest issue is they’re anti voting off Scrappy and want to go after mafia, but haven’t really gone after mafia just engaged on the Scrappy piece.

The same could be said for Richard
into eh shrug I don't actually care about a possible easy D1 kill???
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:18 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:13 pm My biggest issue is they’re anti voting off Scrappy and want to go after mafia, but haven’t really gone after mafia just engaged on the Scrappy piece.
More than likely that there is scum inside the group of people who were so adament on scrappy being the d1 elimination.

Also what slip? I explained that I hadn't fully read my role pm until someone mentioned their flavor match their location, which when i double checked realizing the same thing.

Pxxy seems to think it was a slip, frankly i skimmed then ignored the convo since that style of mechish talk bores me
it would be one thing if sig didn't care at all about my slip case, but expressing interest and then dismissing it without a real analysis feels like trying to sink the case? 🤔🤔🤔
Shhhh I’m lazy, but I promise I’ll reread it and share my thoughts here before EOD
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:39 pm

Literally why? Again I don't understand this sites meta when comes to 3rd parties. Like if the sites meta is losing to 3rd parties thats not the fault of the 3rd party existing, thats the fault of town.
Yea town ignoring third parties.

Having said I’m like 99% sure I know who’s behind the sock so I’m good moving off them for now. IF, I think easier are wolf siding I’ll out the main then vote them off win win.

Chihiro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm
sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:03 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am Also, Sig is outed.
Why is sig outed? I see sig being pushed literally every game he is in, like in Cartomancy. Do you all actually wolfread him or is it "hmmm sig is playing antitown must be wolf" like lucy is doing?
Sig didn't know that the scooby doo villians were town.

I’m semi here about to go into a meeting then I’ll catch up.

This is wrong?
u coming back into the thread after being gone for a bith to immediatly comment on this post pings me, unless you skip back reading to check mentions of you??
Yup I always try to respond to notifications/search my name first, then I read the most recent posts, then I go back and do a catch up. I’m used to being chronically behind in high volume games so for me it makes the most sense to address anything I’m engaging on vs going through pages or random stuff. Granted this game is pretty low key so that won’t be an issue here, but that’s standard NAI practice for me
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:17 pm Like please, just plow through Sig
I need pictures before we can do this sorry Sean :p

(Was a crude childish joke worth a post in a capped game? Yes yes it was)
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:51 pm Also Sean’s case falls apart given that Scrappy claimed third party ergo it can’t be a slip in any direction?

Either way I really don’t like the diverting attempt and when I finally do ISO he’s gonna be my first and is right now in the lead for mafia.

My view on it is he got called out for not doing much which is within scum meta, so he cobbled together a quick case.

Lucy is likely not mafia and if my tone was rough sorry :) all in the spirit of the game.

Creature, Neon, and dunya all seem towny so far confidence of read in that order.

Chihiro I’m leery on half the time I find myself liking their posts and half the time I think they’re scummy I need to do a more in depth read of them

Dennis I’m side eyeing but I’ll trust Katie here. Granted they could both be mafia and hard clearing, but I’ll give that a D1 pass.
Yup, I hit myself a bullseye.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:59 pm
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:53 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:53 pm If you make the assumption that locations are not randomly assigned to each monster, then you are wrong.
cool do u have information that states this with certainty?
Is this your way of admitting that you don't have a town role pm?

Okay so; the crux of the slip starts here.

But, I’m confused since I’m like pretty sure the locations are tied to Indy monsters from the episodes you’re trying to argue they’re not?

You’re second post about it also backs up the idea that she knew monsters were town and y’all are just debating whether or not the location is randomized.

pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:55 pm Yeah, I think every location probably goes with a monster. 18 players = 18 monsters (some of which are safeclaims). Assuming there are in fact safeclaims, the mafia knows which locations do fuck all to help the town so it is in our best interest to claim where we are voting and vote as a block.

That is, if we all vote randomly, most locations get 0-3 votes. Wolves could have up to 5 players (4 is a better number, probably, but theme) so we expect them to put down 4-5 votes in a shit location and we get the shit location. If we all agree to vote for the same place, it's at least the place we pick and mafia doesn't have control. I'll take coin flip over a wolves' choice.

Or I'm just wrong about my setup guesses and it doesn't particularly matter.
oh I just realized that I assumed that scum would be the Mystery gang, as in scum are not monsters (although I assume safeclaim means they are given something to claim as part of their scum role to help blend in?)

Ex: Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy would be my expected scum roles

no scooby, and then scrappy makes sense as the 3p

so like.....13 monsters -> 13 monster-benefiting locations?
This posts confuses me?

So overall I see where Pyxxy is coming from, but I think the confusion rested on whether monsters are randomized to location.

The issue I’m having with this is they aren’t and Pyxxy thought they were so like if anything shouldn’t this be a slip from Pyxxy?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:10 pm
sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:51 pm Also Sean’s case falls apart given that Scrappy claimed third party ergo it can’t be a slip in any direction?

No I hit myself a bullseye
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:35 pm Jack is underwhelming so far. I am kinda considering we should maybe just vote him and force him to do something especially if he's town who wants to remain unmislynchable.
I can’t recall the last time I played with Jack but I was also expecting a bit more in terms of content. Though that’s likely NAI

Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:27 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:22 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:07 pm Yay for town working together even if it was in the shadows

So what did this fine fellow do? Please explain.
condensed
viewtopic.php?p=1024242#p1024242
Hmmm...

I like this. [VOTE: Chihiro] aubergine.

Also turns out votes are changeable, so that's nice.
DrWilgy might be a wolf.
Why?

Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm Roxy's ISO feels awkward. Is Roxy really good at wolfing or do you all just get pocketed by their posts for lol reasons?
With Roxy i think it can both be really easy and really hard to read her. I very much base my reads off tone when it comes to her, and she’s really good as a wolf building cases I’d say. Granted, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen her wolf game, but I can tell you when she’s town I can pretty clearly tell by day 2/3.

Right now I’m not seeing that, but I don’t think she’d be a good day 1 wagon

Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:38 pm Seanzie also only talked about Scrappy Doo and looks different from his town games.
He does look different I’m getting the same vibes as his recent mafia games. Having said that I might also be OMGUS a bit which is common for me.

Though like I said before I think him trying to divert a wagon onto either Neon or me is a clear sign we’ve got a wolf among the other two.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Chihiro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:14 am Those who haven't done much need to you know do more.

Also I only seen one of neons scum game and it wasn't that amazing. I am not seeing it here currently but they havent been hard pushed yet for me to notice anything. It might be best to pressure the slot to see how they handle it.
I havent seen Neon as scum what’s her normal meta?

Having said that I think she reads as very genuine when town and I’m seeing that here so I don’t scum read her at all
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

CRichard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 am Neon/Sig probably not w/w voting on Scraggy. Again, it's too blatant for 2 mafia to vote on the same slot together. Yes I'm aware Scraggy is a 3p claim, yet why do 2 mafia vote on the same slot who isn't on their team together D1? Answer: They don't.

I don’t like these style of posts so early. I always read these as an attempt by mafia to set up multiple votes especially if you pair it with TMI.

For example both myself and Neon are town. One of us flips town the next natural step is to vote for the other boom two days wasted.

Granted he’s not pushing those yet so it isn’t a major red flag but like a tiny yellow one
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:11 pm I just want to take a moment to define how much of a pleasure it is to play Mafia with all of you.

Y'all the rest GOATS.
I would have more pleasure if y'all didn't make this game hard by not playing.
Oh, I'm definitely playing. Just trying something new.

A modified version of Wilgy I'd call this.

Critical Slank Wilgy 12%.

I've tried Ultra Flow Wilgy v.2.31 afew times now and I've not noticed positive results.

This may be more akin to GoC Wilgy if not the Wilgy you see who subs into games.
Thus is a NAI post.

Wilgy and myself are very similar when it comes to the ability to switch on and off seriousness in games. I’d say it’s a good reason for newer players to sus him for it, but anyone familiar with his meta would get a big :eye: from me for doing it
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Chihiro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:39 pm

It worries me how you just blankly said "anyone pushing me for it is probably mafia" but didn't point out names. It feels like it has no other purpose than to be defensive without calling anyone out.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:47 pm

See I kinda disagree. Roxy is being alot more measured in her responses right now which is raising some red flags. Town roxy has a lot more of a like fuck around and find out paired with a I don’t care 🤷‍♀️ vibe (I mean this in a good way :p)

I’m seeing her laying more casework so far and giving detailed reads.

Why do you think it’s towny
Yeah I am still hesitant to townreading Roxy here. Some responses from Roxy struck as townie but they also felt different from Cartomancy (somewhat more relaxed, stern and firm rather than the free spirited Roxy there) and I am afraid I am seeing a tonally good wolf!Roxy in action here.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:51 pmCreature, Neon, and dunya all seem towny so far confidence of read in that order.
Honestly surprised you are townreading me. What changed?

Anyway, why do you townread Neon? Kate pointed out her posts felt more empty this game.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:16 pm

No I hit myself a bullseye
I think there's one mafia in Seanzie/sig and I am leaning Seanzie.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:21 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:35 pm Jack is underwhelming so far. I am kinda considering we should maybe just vote him and force him to do something especially if he's town who wants to remain unmislynchable.
I can’t recall the last time I played with Jack but I was also expecting a bit more in terms of content. Though that’s likely NAI
Perhaps it's too early D1 to tell but I expect by the end of D1 Jack should be doing something otherwise he's likely wolf.
Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:27 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:22 pm

So what did this fine fellow do? Please explain.
condensed
viewtopic.php?p=1024242#p1024242
Hmmm...

I like this. [VOTE: Chihiro] aubergine.

Also turns out votes are changeable, so that's nice.
DrWilgy might be a wolf.
Why?
The vote doesn't strike as rapid fire town!DrWilgy. It feels like a weak DrWilgy looking "oh look someone voted another so ill vote there to look like i am doing something". It's mostly the "I like this" part that struck me out.
Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:31 pm Roxy's ISO feels awkward. Is Roxy really good at wolfing or do you all just get pocketed by their posts for lol reasons?
With Roxy i think it can both be really easy and really hard to read her. I very much base my reads off tone when it comes to her, and she’s really good as a wolf building cases I’d say. Granted, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen her wolf game, but I can tell you when she’s town I can pretty clearly tell by day 2/3.

Right now I’m not seeing that, but I don’t think she’d be a good day 1 wagon [/quote]

Honestly Roxy's tone looks good, but I don't like to rely on tone because wolves can find a way to fake it. I am expecting Roxy to find wolves and if she is struggling with it then she is most likely to be wolf. So far I am unsatisfied with her huge post that seems to be only a list of reasons to wolfread everybody.
Creature wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:38 pm Seanzie also only talked about Scrappy Doo and looks different from his town games.
He does look different I’m getting the same vibes as his recent mafia games. Having said that I might also be OMGUS a bit which is common for me.

Though like I said before I think him trying to divert a wagon onto either Neon or me is a clear sign we’ve got a wolf among the other two.
[/quote]

Seanzie improved a little by providing a list of three wolfreads, but so far it doesn't really feel like he believes them. He has been only pushing you and barely brushed Neon and Dennis. I am inclined to think he's either right about you being a wolf or he is a wolf pushing bullshit.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:24 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 am Neon/Sig probably not w/w voting on Scraggy. Again, it's too blatant for 2 mafia to vote on the same slot together. Yes I'm aware Scraggy is a 3p claim, yet why do 2 mafia vote on the same slot who isn't on their team together D1? Answer: They don't.

I don’t like these style of posts so early. I always read these as an attempt by mafia to set up multiple votes especially if you pair it with TMI.

For example both myself and Neon are town. One of us flips town the next natural step is to vote for the other boom two days wasted.

Granted he’s not pushing those yet so it isn’t a major red flag but like a tiny yellow one
Once again, why do you townread Neon? Though, if Neon flips town I am most likely to do Seanzie before you.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I forgot this game happened

whats up
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Hmmmmmm...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Alright. Time to get this party started.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wilgy, sig, CR.

I'm fine w/ any of these 3 atm
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:18 pm also @Jackofhearts2005 im very unhappy you didn’t say hello to me

Also also I’m pretty sure you lead a misvote on me last game or vigged me so like IOU one death :p
JDizz10 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:27 am
Chihiro wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:30 pm If we let a wagon stagnate, espically one that isn't going to flip mafia essentially we let mafia just slide by for the day. So pressure should be applied to others during the day.
This is repeating N argument that others have said before them. This to me is mafia’s way of trying to seem town but actually adding very little to the conversation.

@lucy @Jackofhearts2005 thoughts on this logic and thoughts on chihiro and/or pyxxy as potential mafia?
I don't think Pyxxy is mafia. I'll get back to you on Chihiro.

Also....why are you pinging me specifically for this? We haven't played together before, have we?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:12 pm

TBD
I'm confused by this.

How is that confusing?

I'm undecided whose behaviour I found more scummy...it feels too obvious for you both to be Maf
Just the way it was worded. Your explanation clarifies it.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:03 pm Three years, six months and two days. That’s how long Marcie Fleach had spent oscillating between laundry duty, kitchen sanitation and mail sorting under the watchful eye of the prison guards. They rejected her request for the kitchen apprenticeship due to the large assortment of metal silverware.

Which- let’s be honest- was a far cry from the rollercoaster steel she had stolen to land her here in the joint. After all, she wasn’t Magneto. Where did they think she would go if she made a grand theft of oxidized dinner spoons?

If there was one person that sympathized with the banality and drudgery of the inmate experience, it was Marcie; or “The Manticore”, as her ‘friends’ called her. If she could even call them friends. She didn’t have many friends on the outside.

As the guard gave her her final possessions she had forfeit on her way into the clink, he gave her a once-over.
“You meeting anyone out there…Hot Dog Water?” The guard gave a smug smile. Marcie grimaced st the guard, and as a pointed answer, snatched her belongings and headed for the exit.

‘That was about right,’ she thought to herself. Somehow the guards found out her old nickname the losers at her old high school used to call her. It wasn’t even accurate- her mom told her she smelled like old roses, which isn’t a vast improvement over hot dog water, but it at least sounded sweeter.

The sun was shining brilliantly in the parking lot. She squinted to adjust to the light. Passing by a few visitors on a smoke break, she bummed a cigarette and enjoyed her first free cigarette in 3 years, 6 months and 2 days.

She was enjoying the feeling so much she didn’t notice the flower-pocked van easing up alongside on the curb. The window rolled down and a masculine voice called out, “Hey! You Marcie?”

She squinted again but couldn’t make out the speaker but as her eyes focused, she did a double take and jumped back in surprise. The occupant in the passenger seat was large and in shadow, but it definitely looked like…

“Earth to Marcie! You’re Marcie Fleach right?”

Yep, it sure seemed like that large dog was talking to her. Yep, she was definitely losing it. If she was losing her mind, she might as well run with it. What was there to lose anyway?

“Yeah, that’s me,” she shrugged to the large dog in the passenger seat. The dog didn’t seem like it was actually involved in this conversation. Maybe that was the driver talking- not the dog.

The side sliding door opened with a creak, forcing a cloud of what looked like smoke out of the van, and a younger woman poked her hand out.

“Wanna help us solve a mystery?”

Marcie only briefly hesitated before taking one more drag of her cigarette, flicking it off towards the prison, and climbing in.

It is now Night 0.
Please vote for a location to visit for Day 1. There is NO post limit for this night.

Day 1 will begin at 6pm Eastern on March 6th.

@Chihiro
@Creature
@CRichard
@DaughterOfOmega
@Dennis
@DrWilgy
@dunya
@falcon45ca
@fingersplints
@jackofhearts2005
@JDizz10
@Kate
@lucy
@Neon
@pyxxy
@Roxy
@Seanzie
@sig
Mystery Incorporated characters showing up in what I assumed was a Scooby Doo Where Are You timeline game. Probably not super important but could have 3P implications.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

pyxxy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:16 pm On principle I will not be voting for us to visit the Confederate Mansion.

It's too bad that we can't refer to each place by a set of unique initials.
But it's like a good twist that the fortune turns out to be in confederate dollars so it's worthless. That was a Scooby Doo twist, right?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Creature wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:21 pm
CRichard wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:14 pm Wow I can't believe how much time has passed since i watched a Scooby Doo skit. I feel ancient.
Honestly I only played online Scooby Doo games.

Sadly I was born too late to Scooby Doo and today's reboots are shit.
The newest Scooby Doo is just fine. Don't be a stick in the mud. In fact, I'd put it above everything post Scrappy Doo's introduction and the Simple Plan 2002ish cartoon is also solid.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Seanzie wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:36 pmJinkies!
Wolf claim.

Scooby Doo Team Up comics are really good shit. My 8 YO just ate that stuff up and I was entertained.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Chihiro wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:41 pm What an interesting gimmick to begin the game with. Are we actually gonna vote on a location or just yolo it like disjointed towns people?
This is the only thing that really pings me P1. Could be one of those "I am a wolf so I need to say that I am town" tendencies. Very minor but worth noting.

Kate seems pretty townie on P1. Like friendly. Idk Kate super well. Could be fakable but again, worth noting.
Chihiro wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:45 pm*snip*
Not sure how I feel about someone talking about third party at the start of the game, no mafia aligned player would risk doing that this early right?
This feels self conscious. Could be wolf indicative. Could just be how Chihiro is.

By halfway down P2, Creature feels like town Creature, multiposting and complainy. I know this should be easy to fake but wolf Creature tends to like not be good at faking this so I'm willing to run with it until Creature proves me wrong.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:42 pm *snip*

On a serious note, I 100% bet Scrabby is a third party role I’m thinking in like with the character from Rico’s Courage game awhile back. Basically a player posts as both themselves and scrabby.

Or if we wanna include movie verse then scrappy is a mafia member since in the first movie he was the main villain
This is a weird thing for Sig to say. Feels like he's saying he doesn't know that villains are town. Townies and wolves should both know this, implying he's 3P. He also talks about 3P in this very post so it's on the brain. Decent chance that's Sig's alignment.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:26 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:22 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:16 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:11 pm I just want to take a moment to define how much of a pleasure it is to play Mafia with all of you.

Y'all the rest GOATS.
I would have more pleasure if y'all didn't make this game hard by not playing.
Oh, I'm definitely playing. Just trying something new.

A modified version of Wilgy I'd call this.

Critical Slank Wilgy 12%.

I've tried Ultra Flow Wilgy v.2.31 afew times now and I've not noticed positive results.

This may be more akin to GoC Wilgy if not the Wilgy you see who subs into games.
Thus is a NAI post.

Wilgy and myself are very similar when it comes to the ability to switch on and off seriousness in games. I’d say it’s a good reason for newer players to sus him for it, but anyone familiar with his meta would get a big :eye: from me for doing it
Don't you butter me up like some fine lunch plate for someone to consume on a tuesday at approximately 1:03 PM EST on the day March 7th of the Gregorian calendar with a side of sausage and cold-smoked caviar.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:06 pm
Chihiro wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:41 pm What an interesting gimmick to begin the game with. Are we actually gonna vote on a location or just yolo it like disjointed towns people?
This is the only thing that really pings me P1. Could be one of those "I am a wolf so I need to say that I am town" tendencies. Very minor but worth noting.

Kate seems pretty townie on P1. Like friendly. Idk Kate super well. Could be fakable but again, worth noting.
Chihiro wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:45 pm*snip*
Not sure how I feel about someone talking about third party at the start of the game, no mafia aligned player would risk doing that this early right?
This feels self conscious. Could be wolf indicative. Could just be how Chihiro is.

By halfway down P2, Creature feels like town Creature, multiposting and complainy. I know this should be easy to fake but wolf Creature tends to like not be good at faking this so I'm willing to run with it until Creature proves me wrong.
sig wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:42 pm *snip*

This is a weird thing for Sig to say. Feels like he's saying he doesn't know that villains are town. Townies and wolves should both know this, implying he's 3P. He also talks about 3P in this very post so it's on the brain. Decent chance that's Sig's alignment.

Look I don’t want to deep dive into Scooby Doo lore here, but technically just since he was a villain doesn’t mean he was a monster which he wasn’t, the monsters are town scrappy was a villain and not a monster it makes sense for him to be either third party or a mafia handle.

Also look this is just dumb this was a very early post without any info and it’s weird y’all are trying to harp on it.

I’m now after interacting with them convinced they’re third party and I’ll likely move to another wagon
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”