people who enjoy food (host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 12
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 12]

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm voting Hanna for now. I don't like how inactive and go-with-the-flow Hanna and splints have been, and now that Blue is killing, they're way on the offensive. Smells fishy.
I have not been "go-with-the-flow"
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

HannaK wrote:Oh sorry MP: I missed your post about saying that I am part of the blues, any reason for that because I can assure you that I am not
I suppose I misunderstood you re: LC and Llama, but you voted them alongside me for so long, so it just struck me that you've been changing your tune.

I find it most odd that you and splints have come out and are incriminating LC with strong certainty that he's Blue. I don't know. I just don't see how one could narrow down something like that with such confidence, especially when you in particular have seemed so unsure for most of the game.

I thought I could pin down colors, but it's been more difficult than I realized. Unless I am right about LC and Llama, then at least I had one victory. :p

I just don't see any reason to believe LC is Blue, but I think there's at least something behind his theory to be Green.

fingersplints wrote:[
"so much?" I agree with Hanna in regards to one thing. That LC isn't a green and is more likely in the group that has the kill. I will consider what you are saying that maybe it is her group with it. TH did go on for days about LC being the most powerful and then is killed. I do not have bts with Hanna.

I am not sure what you mean by power play. The numbers are dwindling, and with the nature of this game if I don't put forth my ideas I could be next. Just trying to play the game :shrug:

She did say that. If you believe her. :shrug: It seems like that money would have been used up by now unless she was gaining some other way.
Well, that's true. I just mean "so much" like all of a sudden you both are putting forth an idea with very strong certainty. Seems odd to me, especially since it's so sudden. Why do you think LC is a Blue? And just because TH said that, I mean, he could have been right, but if he was a pink, how would he know that? And when asked by BR, he just said it was because of LC's extra votes and because he thought LC purchased the beatdown, right? Unless I'm remembering something wrong. Truth is, how could he know that? I think he said he just strongly suspected it. It could be true, but just because TH went on about it for days and then was killed doesn't confirm it; it could just as easily be a setup.

If you don't have BTSC with Hanna, think about it and let me know what you think. I mean, the way she has come in here and her most recent posts. Then contrast it with all her posts before, content and frequency. Doesn't it seem odd to you?

Re: power play, I meant the following: Like because the numbers are dwindling and TH and MM are dead and the kill has passed, if you and Hanna were both on the Blues, it would benefit you HEAVILY to come in here and lynch LC, because then you have a really good chance of winning the game thereafter. Combined with the change in Hanna's level of certainty and her post frequency, it seems a likely theory. If you take yourself out of the equation, what do you think of it? It's just what my gut is telling me, frankly.

And good point re: bea. She could have lied about that. I will consider. Are there any other points of consideration that make you think she should go?

OK, now, studying and putting away my laptop. See you folks later. :p

In roughly just over a week, I'll be done with my first semester of PhD. :D I have to keep telling myself that. XD
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm voting Hanna for now. I don't like how inactive and go-with-the-flow Hanna and splints have been, and now that Blue is killing, they're way on the offensive. Smells fishy.
Also, maybe this is true, but your posting frequency seems to have jumped just now too, although not near as to the degree of Hanna's. That comment was really much more directed at her, but I thought it applied to you somewhat too.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm not a blue, and I don't have the Beatdown.
fingersplints wrote:You have said specifically you are not the player with the kill, but not that you aren't a part of that group. :shrug:
What? Are you accusing me of trying to sneak past the Lie Detector? Is there a Lie Detect in this game?

That's really stretching it. :eye:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:I'm not a blue, and I don't have the Beatdown.
fingersplints wrote:You have said specifically you are not the player with the kill, but not that you aren't a part of that group. :shrug:
What? Are you accusing me of trying to sneak past the Lie Detector? Is there a Lie Detect in this game?

I didn't bring up a LD. It is what you had done though :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Also, maybe this is true, but your posting frequency seems to have jumped just now too, although not near as to the degree of Hanna's. That comment was really much more directed at her, but I thought it applied to you somewhat too.
I think my posting frequency dropped for the RL reasons I stated, and have gone back to what it was before. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:I'm not a blue, and I don't have the Beatdown.

I didn't bring up a LD. It is what you had done though :shrug:
The kill being a thing that a player owns wasn't really on my mind, I pictured it as something that a team just... is.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
If you don't have BTSC with Hanna, think about it and let me know what you think. I mean, the way she has come in here and her most recent posts. Then contrast it with all her posts before, content and frequency. Doesn't it seem odd to you?

Re: power play, I meant the following: Like because the numbers are dwindling and TH and MM are dead and the kill has passed, if you and Hanna were both on the Blues, it would benefit you HEAVILY to come in here and lynch LC, because then you have a really good chance of winning the game thereafter. Combined with the change in Hanna's level of certainty and her post frequency, it seems a likely theory. If you take yourself out of the equation, what do you think of it? It's just what my gut is telling me, frankly.
Oh I definitely agree with the fact that I went from not posting a lot to posting a lot today, but maybe rethink your conclusion that I must be blue and think of other possibilities that help explain my 'sudden' interest in lynching LC (although to be fair, I think I've said before I was afraid of LC getting too powerful and I voted for him previously as well).
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

Oh and sorry for double posting but I was flying pretty below the radar before today so why would I 'risk' that strategy if I were part of the blue team and close to winning. It's the opposite: I really think LC is part of the blue team that has the kill and is thus close to winning this thing
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

HannaK wrote:Oh and sorry for double posting but I was flying pretty below the radar before today so why would I 'risk' that strategy if I were part of the blue team and close to winning. It's the opposite: I really think LC is part of the blue team that has the kill and is thus close to winning this thing
That's a good strategy, of course, pick the guy who's had the most "heat" and pin it on him, but... I'm not a blue. My hue is a bit warmer. This is all I need to see, I figured you were TH's teammate ever since MM implied it.

*votes HannaK*
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

HannaK wrote:Oh and sorry for double posting but I was flying pretty below the radar before today so why would I 'risk' that strategy if I were part of the blue team and close to winning. It's the opposite: I really think LC is part of the blue team that has the kill and is thus close to winning this thing
This is WIFOM though.

And it seems WAY more likely to me that the Blues would want to get someone mislynched today, would they not? All they have to do is get someone nonBlue lynched today, NK someone, and then the game should be within grasp.

Why do you think LC is party of the blue team? Because TH said so? You haven't really explained it.

I definitely think you're Blue.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'll vote for Hanna too. I'd much rather the other two, but I suppose she could be a blue.
Gro-oo-ovy
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
This is WIFOM though.

And it seems WAY more likely to me that the Blues would want to get someone mislynched today, would they not? All they have to do is get someone nonBlue lynched today, NK someone, and then the game should be within grasp.

Why do you think LC is party of the blue team? Because TH said so? You haven't really explained it.

I definitely think you're Blue.
Yes that is exactly what the blues are doing, except I am not blue and you are basically handing them the game by focusing on me.
Long Con wrote:
That's a good strategy, of course, pick the guy who's had the most "heat" and pin it on him, but... I'm not a blue. My hue is a bit warmer. This is all I need to see, I figured you were TH's teammate ever since MM implied it.

*votes HannaK*

Both of you are wrong although one is way more wrong than the other one.
Honestly, I am not blue and I am not at all powerful in this game. You're planning to lynch the wrong person, making it really easy for a very powerful team to win this game with their kill but whatever, you'll see when my properties come up that you've made a big big mistake, I am not sure what else to make of it. I am not 100% LC is blue but I know I am not and I do not know what else to say to avoid being lynched except that you lose everything and gain nothing
HannaK

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 11]

Post by HannaK »

Also, am I the only one who is really worried about this?:

Long Con wrote:St. James Place - $15
Tennessee Avenue - $15
Boardwalk - $15
Mediterranean Avenue - $15
Water Works - $15
Oriental Avenue - $15
Illinois Avenue - $15
Virginia Avenue - $15
North Carolina Avenue - $15
Pennsylvania Avenue - $15
Kentucky Avenue - $15
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

voting HannaK.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

I have a busy day tomorrow, voted now so I can be sure I don't miss it.
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:This smells fishy to me.

I think it's much more likely LC was aligned with Llama, making him a Green.

It's odd that Hanna, who has voiced little for most of the game beyond just going with the flow, would propose such a line of thinking. :ponder:
You're still on about that then :p I do not think LC is a green, since I still disagree that he obviously had btsc with llama. I agree with Hanna that he is more likely on the team with the kill.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why bea, splints?
She has been fairly inactive, yet survived landing on the hotel.
I need to go back over her to see if I see a possible TH connection there. Him having traded off a bunch of stuff is making sense to me. Although, could he have traded off properties as well?
Oh splintsy - don't mince words, I've been totally uncharacteristically inactive this game.

I've missed so many votes that if this were a sock game he would have killed me three cycles ago.

I've tried, but this is just too involved for me to say much intelligently about it. I've been having problems keeping up with the thread - much less checking out board movements and trying to think through all the implications that entails.

I survived the hotel stay exactly as I said.

When I replaced in - goosey hadn't spent a single penny of any of the money she started with as well as any rent she collected. I won that 7's thing and got a chunk of change and apparently I landed on Chance and got something from that. It was a pretty little chunk of change I would have seriously considered spending had I ever been around for anything that was ever going down.

Have you seen me bid on anything? Like at all? I know there's lots of bts bidding and trading going on, but I was not part of it.

I have no hidden properties. The only thing I own was the property I was given when goosey started this game.

Given what you know about me as a player and given how hard it was in the extra long K-site game for me to keep up, is it *really* that odd that I actually had enough money stockpiled from lack of involvement in the game to survive one hotel stay?

I can promise you if land on another, I won't be so lucky. :srsnod:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

Alright I am gonna try one more time to make my case against LC and defend myself and i hope you will actually consider it instead of hopping on my lynchtrain without any good reason (bass, splints).

Regardless or not if LC is blue, he is definitely a very powerful player, the fact that he has so many properties (and clearly has enough money to constantly bid for powers and properties) makes it very likely he can win this game (see my previous post and the fact he was trying to outbid MM on day 11)

Furthermore, TH has been consistenly trying to get LC lynched because of the reasons I listed above
Turnip Head wrote:Should change your votes guys. LC will soon be unstoppable.
Now, the fact that he is clearly very powerful might already be enough to try and lynch LC, but apart from that it is also really interesting that:

Conveniently, Vermont Avenue kills Turnip Head last night

AND that LC is not at all interested in lynching someone who owns the ONLY kill left in the game, but instead wants to go after TH's teammember, of who we are not even sure if he/she has TH's properties:
Long Con wrote:
HannaK wrote:
Long Con wrote:I'm not Vermont. I would say Vermont killed TH because he was the most powerful with his hotels. Possibly a frame-up job, which makes me eye HannaK for bringing it up like this. :eye:
What makes you say that he was powerful? To my knowledge he was a pinkie and had only one hotel (if his claims about not having other teammates was true) and was the first player to almost go bankrupt in the game?
He also had Indiana Ave with a hotel.

And, fingersplints, Metalmarsh made it clear that Turnip Head had a teammate, surely something drawn from his knowledge as a Utility. We should look back and see who among the living had landed on a Utility, Turnip Head's teammate is among those people. I'm sure that TH would have traded all his properties and prizes to his teammate since he was so much in the spotlight, and had publicly bought a red hotel.

That's the person we need to lynch today.
No, we need to lynch the person who actually can kill other players, or at least that's how civvies would reason...makes me question LC's priorities.

So regardless or not LC is a blue or not (I still think he can be, just not necessarily so), this makes me vote for Long Con and I am going to do so.

Also, I think it is really intesting that MP definitely thinks I'm blue right after LC votes for me because I am pink, weird MP doesn't come back to that.
Apart from this, I have not much else to say to defend myself, the only 'evidence' for me being a blue (according to MP) is that I suddenly have posted more, I only did that because I feel that LC is really close to winning this game and I wanted to try and do something about that before it was too late...I guess you can lynch me for that but like I said, when you see the result you will be severely disappointed.

I know this game calls for a lynchtrain but apart from MP and LC, I find it really disappointing that the rest just votes for me without any good reason or reasoning or even describe why they are voting for me in more than one sentence...I had sort of expecting otherwise this late in the game but yeah all I can ask is: please read this post and re-consider?

(Also: the voting deadline really sucks for me as I am on UK time and will not stay up till 3 am to see the results so if anyone has any questions for me or anything, I am around to answer them but please do not wait till the last 3 hours because I will simply not be here and I hate if people will mention that as the reason why they vote for me because i cant defend myself then)
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I voted for you, because although I would rather vote elsewhere, I was also interested in proving that we are not teammates.
Gro-oo-ovy
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorry I keep being busy. Silly life gettingn in the way of playing mafia. Voting HannaK, as tha tseems like the best option right now and I dont wnt to miss anothe vote.
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

Ah man I can't believe nobody even showed up today to read my post and stuff :( Oh well, please read it if you get a chance and think about it, I am going to bed. At any rate it was a fun game so far and i will see you on the other side
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ok. Hannah it is then.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

HannaK wrote:Ah man I can't believe nobody even showed up today to read my post and stuff :( Oh well, please read it if you get a chance and think about it, I am going to bed. At any rate it was a fun game so far and i will see you on the other side
Your post was very intelligent and sensible. I'm sorry I couldn't say so earlier, and I'm sorry it had to go this way for you. :srsnod:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Day 12 End/Night 12 Start: Charles Bit My Finger!

Hanna had a tendency to bite peoples fingers. So she had to go.
Hanna has been lynched. She was St. Charles Place. Thanks for playing hanna!

It is now Night 12. You have 24 hours to get PMs in.

St. Charles Place and Reading Railroad are now up for auction. They both start at $1.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 11]

Post by Black Rock »

boo wrote:
Captain Planet: Allows the player who uses this power to choose for any other set in the game (meaning not their starting property set) that they or someone they BTSC with has a property of. Once chosen they can then search each night for and get BTSC with (any BTSC either the searcher has or the person they search and find has is also part of this BTSC, and they can all win together). Anyone who holds one of the properties at the time the power is used (even if that card wasn’t their starter) is considered to be part of the set (if traded after the power is used, the person who had the property at the time of use is still the person who if searched would result in getting BTSC with the searcher). Bids for this power are made privately via PM. If BTSC is gained as a result of using this card, any NK anyone in the BTSC has is lost. - Starts at $500
I have a proposal. Who may be interested in being my friend? LoRab? Fingersplints? Bea? I believe I know which colour group LoRab is, would FS or Bea be the same colour group or a different one? For this to work I would need to trade a property. I would love to win with any of you ladies.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Night 12]

Post by Long Con »

Poor Pacific Avenue. :( :srsnod:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Black Rock wrote:
boo wrote:
Captain Planet: Allows the player who uses this power to choose for any other set in the game (meaning not their starting property set) that they or someone they BTSC with has a property of. Once chosen they can then search each night for and get BTSC with (any BTSC either the searcher has or the person they search and find has is also part of this BTSC, and they can all win together). Anyone who holds one of the properties at the time the power is used (even if that card wasn’t their starter) is considered to be part of the set (if traded after the power is used, the person who had the property at the time of use is still the person who if searched would result in getting BTSC with the searcher). Bids for this power are made privately via PM. If BTSC is gained as a result of using this card, any NK anyone in the BTSC has is lost. - Starts at $500
I have a proposal. Who may be interested in being my friend? LoRab? Fingersplints? Bea? I believe I know which colour group LoRab is, would FS or Bea be the same colour group or a different one? For this to work I would need to trade a property. I would love to win with any of you ladies.
I'm willing to consider friendship.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
boo wrote:
I'm willing to consider friendship.
A wise choice. We just need back what we traded to you long ago.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry about that, Hanna. The cards didn't fall that way.

My friendship request was denied; I have resent a new one. I need it to be accepted in order to participate fully in this arrangement.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also need to know whether splints or bea is partnered with LoRab.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry about that, Hanna. The cards didn't fall that way.

My friendship request was denied; I have resent a new one. I need it to be accepted in order to participate fully in this arrangement.
Who denied you?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry about that, Hanna. The cards didn't fall that way.

Who denied you?
LoRab, but I figure it's because she wasn't aware of my place in this arrangement. Honestly, I don't really know, since I can win with anyone, so I was kind of surprised anyone would deny me offering up any property.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just need to make sure I've traded with the necessary parties before this ends, that's all. Shouldn't be hard though.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I just need to make sure I've traded with the necessary parties before this ends, that's all. Shouldn't be hard though.

I understand, I do not know who her partner is.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Didn't know where you stood mp and kind of like my holdings. I am mulling. And need to discuss with my partner.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:Didn't know where you stood mp and kind of like my holdings. I am mulling. And need to discuss with my partner.
Choose wisely. ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And if you don't want to part with something, I'm more than open to trading something and trading it right back. I don't care. I just need to trade. But if you instead choose to not win with me, that's your decision.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There is truly only one road to victory, Lorab. No tricks, just friendship.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

LoRab wrote:Didn't know where you stood mp and kind of like my holdings. I am mulling. And need to discuss with my partner.
I will give it right back after we make the connection, the only stipulation is I need the colour group to connect us as a team. I do own that prize.
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Checking with my associate.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

LoRab wrote:Checking with my associate.
Does your associate have a name?

We could play Hangman

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
LoRab wrote:Checking with my associate.
Does your associate have a name?

We could play Hangman

_ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
:haha:

Who doesn't love a good game of Hangman? :srsnod:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I am dying in anticipation.
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

wait I'm confused.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:wait I'm confused.
You need to trade with BR, LoRab, and LoRab's partner, if you haven't already.

The Captain Planet power allows the ability to link two color teams together.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This is assuming LoRab and LoRab's partner agree to this arrangement. If not, well, things will get interesting.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Oh ok. My only question is if we traded with someone in a color set do we have to trade with everyone in that color set to win with that color set?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

All the same to us. :feb: It's completely a business decision for Lorab and her partner to make.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Oh ok. My only question is if we traded with someone in a color set do we have to trade with everyone in that color set to win with that color set?
I believe we have to trade with each individual, yes. But I suppose boo could confirm this?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Don't make the wrong choice or you might have a :wall: monment. lol

Return to “Previous Jobs”