No Indi, not YOU :haha:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Re: MacGyver Mafia: The Cheesiest :D

Post by S~V~S »

I spent 20 freaking minutes trying to find a Youtube with both MacGyver and the Awesome Auger and the closest I got was MacGyver BEING awesome. Oh well.

[center][/center]

MacGyver looked at the rack of "As Seen on Television!!" products at the Hardware store. He quickly dismissed the Pocket Fisherman; with the twine and paper clip, he would easily be able to supply fishes for the multitude should the need arise. He also decided against the Hercules Hook. As he had the paper clip, he could easily fashion that into a hook if he needed to hang shelves, art or crime scene photos in his cabin on board the Pacific Princess.

He waffled between the Awesome Auger and the Gator Grip. The Awesome Auger was, well, it was AWESOME!! And the gator Grip was very useful. He looked back and forth between the two.

He picked up the Gator Grip, and liked the heft of it in his hand. The Awesome Auger really was awesome, but who the hell did any digging on a ship??

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

He boarded the ship later that day, and stowed his bag of tricks in his closet. Inside the bag, the Gator Grip nestled comfortably in the bag with Swiss, Duct, Clippy and the rest just like it belonged there.

And maybe it did.

It is Now DAY ONE~ you have 24 hours to find and lynch someone bad.

Also, I hope someone is watching these dumb videos, I spend more time trying to make the right video choices than i do writing the posts, lol~
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Post by S~V~S »

We had two non voters today; one I knew was out of town. Day Zero is a free ride. There will, however, be penalties for missing Day Votes without prior notice, and prizes are given based on Night Votes, so miss them if you want, but you might be missing some swag in the process.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

Is it just me or am I confused?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 139

Post by thellama73 »

I have a feeling we will need to be doing a lot of digging this trip, and will regret not having that auger (which was awesome.)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

LOL llama - I can dig that :biggrin:

Going to be a tough Day 1 not even sure what to look at tbh. Hopefully someone copied the D 0 poll and will post it.

Also looky I am not on the poll yippee!
;)
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

Roxy wrote:Also looky I am not on the poll yippee!
Lucky you! What'd you do to get that?!?
*indiglowing*
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ohh I'm also looking for the day 0 poll - did anybody get it down?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

S~V~S wrote:Also, I hope someone is watching these dumb videos, I spend more time trying to make the right video choices than i do writing the posts, lol
I just got around to watching all the videos, and they (especially the first one) completely made my morning!

So what are people's thoughts on who to lynch? I know there's really nothing to go on yet, but maybe with some discussion we can get something before the end of the day.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Also, I hope someone is watching these dumb videos, I spend more time trying to make the right video choices than i do writing the posts, lol
I just got around to watching all the videos, and they (especially the first one) completely made my morning!

So what are people's thoughts on who to lynch? I know there's really nothing to go on yet, but maybe with some discussion we can get something before the end of the day.
This is the most cruel decision of all. How can we choose? What would happen if no one voted at all?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Since only four out of the 16 are bad, it is a very difficult decision. Does anyone want to volunteer to be lynched?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Sorry I missed the vote SVS :(

Do you volunteer llama?
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dex wrote:
Yah the luck of the Irish was with me yesterday :D
Srsly though I was taken off of this poll b/c of the day 0 poll.

SVS - ofc I have been totes watching the videos b/c I know you are similar to me when adding videos to our games. All have been spot on and very funny - also they bring back many memories for me.

So does anyone think looking at the poll will help us? I was thinking of looking at those who wanted to bring a digging tool on a boat - I do wonder the logic in their decision.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
Dex wrote:

SVS - ofc I have been totes watching the videos b/c I know you are similar to me when adding videos to our games. All have been spot on and very funny - also they bring back many memories for me.

So does anyone think looking at the poll will help us? I was thinking of looking at those who wanted to bring a digging tool on a boat - I do wonder the logic in their decision.
It's a start I suppose. Don't really see why it should signify anything though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

He-Man wrote:Sorry I missed the vote SVS :(

Do you volunteer llama?
No, but thank you for asking.
Roxy wrote:
Dex wrote:

I think you are taking rather a narrow view of the word "digging." The reason I voted for the auger is because of it's ability to bore holes, which seems to me very useful on a boat.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
He-Man wrote:Sorry I missed the vote SVS :(

Do you volunteer llama?
No, but thank you for asking.
Roxy wrote:
Dex wrote:

I think you are taking rather a narrow view of the word "digging." The reason I voted for the auger is because of it's ability to bore holes, which seems to me very useful on a boat.
Only if you want to make it an ex-boat.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote: Only if you want to make it an ex-boat.
Believe it or not, most boats contain parts other than the hull.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
I do believe it. Guess you didn't like my joke.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Speed game day 1's are worse than regular day 1's, and they are bad enough. I wondered about the augers as well but that's because I was thinking you just used them in dirt (what do I know) but llama has set me straight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I do believe it. Guess you didn't like my joke.
You should be well aware by now that I have no sense of humor. ;)

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by boo »

BWT is the only one who hasn't posted yet I believe. So if that doesn't change before I need to vote and nothing interesting comes up I'll probably vote for him.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do the baddies have BTSC with each other (within their respective teams)? If so, wouldn't non-participation tend to indicate civvie-ness? (This was pointed out me at the beginning of the MOTU game, in which I was a little overzealous about going after non-participants)

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Agreed with llama on 2 things, here. 1) BWT won't be getting my lynch vote today because of non-participation, for the reason llama stated. 2) I'm opposed to voting for auger-voters (obviously). Frankly, I just don't see the logic behind that notion. I doubt that the day 0 poll will be much help to us at all, at least for today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:Do the baddies have BTSC with each other (within their respective teams)? If so, wouldn't non-participation tend to indicate civvie-ness? (This was pointed out me at the beginning of the MOTU game, in which I was a little overzealous about going after non-participants)
As I just said in the other thread I'm still working on my first cup of coffee so maybe I'm missing something obvious but why would having bts lead to more participation in the thread or looked at the other way, why would civvs not post?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Do the baddies have BTSC with each other (within their respective teams)? If so, wouldn't non-participation tend to indicate civvie-ness? (This was pointed out me at the beginning of the MOTU game, in which I was a little overzealous about going after non-participants)
As I just said in the other thread I'm still working on my first cup of coffee so maybe I'm missing something obvious but why would having bts lead to more participation in the thread or looked at the other way, why would civvs not post?
Because those on your team would likely prod you to participate, whereas if you have no BTSC you may not even be aware that the game has started.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Because those on your team would likely prod you to participate, whereas if you have no BTSC you may not even be aware that the game has started.
Oh, ok I see what you're saying now, ty.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by boo »

I never really get that argument. It assumes he's checked in (which because he hasn't posted it seems reasonable to assume he has not) and assumes the person he got BTSC with has some means of contacting him off site (and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do not). So no, I don't think so.

Plus, it's d1, do you expect (or have) a better reason to vote someone? We have random voting or voting for a non-participant as I see it right now. I'd rather vote someone who isn't playing then vote someone who is.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

BWT is out of town in Virginia, I doubt he's had time to check the game. Just as an FYI.

I don't get why anyone would look at the auger voters (me included) because it was not evident anyone had info, and just because we're on a boat now, doesn't mean we will be later (that was my train of thought), and the auger had the word AWESOME in front of it. How could you not vote that option?

Boo seems to be jumping the gun a bit to vote for BWT, although I do understand his reasoning.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
I would really only consider this if the person in consideration is a noob, which BWT is not. So, with a "seasoned" player, I would think not checking in is more likely caused by rl than by a fear of posting as a baddie, or what have you.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, SVS, I totally understand regarding the videos. I often spend an insane amount of time on the videos when I am hosting, especially musical games, lol.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I was going to agree that not much could be determined from the day 0 poll, however, it appears some people got results from it. :ponder: I did not.

Did the people who voted for the tool that won, all get a prize?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
This is simply not true for every game. Tbh I have been on teams and not gone to bts for a few days - and no one from my bts PM'ed me or fb'ed me or even emailed me. Sometimes (most times imo) you do not have total control of a bts situation. Mostly people play how they will play and won't change just b/c they have btsc.

MP - well I felt we needed to look somewhere for this lynch. Do you know something that the rest of us do not about us leaving the boat? Did you have info on the D 0 poll?

Llama - yes I understand their is more to a ship besides the hull. But like the fishing rod (a paper clip can serve as a hook) the auger can be replaced by the swiss knife to make holes. So maybe not today will this poll matter but in a couple of days yes I would say this poll matters. Imo I will most likely vote for someone who voted for the auger or maybe even the fishing rod.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

boo wrote:
I never really get that argument. It assumes he's checked in (which because he hasn't posted it seems reasonable to assume he has not) and assumes the person he got BTSC with has some means of contacting him off site (and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do not). So no, I don't think so.

Plus, it's d1, do you expect (or have) a better reason to vote someone? We have random voting or voting for a non-participant as I see it right now. I'd rather vote someone who isn't playing then vote someone who is.
Yeah, I understand your reasoning, and as I say, I felt the same way in the last game. It is really hard to decide who to vote for on day one, because we have very little to go on. I was just trying to get the conversation going (and it seems I have succeeded.) I did find your haste to vote for BWT a little odd though, as MP pointed out.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:I was going to agree that not much could be determined from the day 0 poll, however, it appears some people got results from it. :ponder: I did not.

Good question.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:
Kate wrote:I was going to agree that not much could be determined from the day 0 poll, however, it appears some people got results from it. :ponder: I did not.

Good question.
Well, Roxy said she was taken off the lynch poll because of the Day 0 poll, right? I don't know what she voted, but I'm assuming Gator Grip. There are 15 other names on the poll, so she's the only one who got taken off, though I suppose there could be other prizes.

And though I understand boo's train of thought, it worries me a tiny bit. In the MOTU game a number of players who suggested lynching no-shows at the beginning have turned out to be baddies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

I have absolutely no idea who to vote! I will likely just randomize.
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Good question.
Well, Roxy said she was taken off the lynch poll because of the Day 0 poll, right? I don't know what she voted, but I'm assuming Gator Grip. There are 15 other names on the poll, so she's the only one who got taken off, though I suppose there could be other prizes.

And though I understand boo's train of thought, it worries me a tiny bit. In the MOTU game a number of players who suggested lynching no-shows at the beginning have turned out to be baddies.
lies :p
a stopped clock is right twice a day
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LittleTiger wrote:I have absolutely no idea who to vote! I will likely just randomize.
This is my thinking as well.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

And random.org says Vompatti

*vote Vompatti*
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I didn't get anything nor did I have any idea what any of the options did.

Rox, this response works for what you asked me as well. Honestly, I was surprised to see people seemed to benefit from the poll directly (like Rox is gone from the poll), I figured it might be more like an MOTU type of poll.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:I have absolutely no idea who to vote! I will likely just randomize.
Why?

Any thoughts on boo or llama?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Why?

I have a thought on me. My thought is this: don't vote for me.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Why?

Lol.

Well, llama, what are your current thoughts other than that?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Why?

Lol.

Well, llama, what are your current thoughts other than that?
It's really difficult to say at this early stage. Boo caught my eye as being suspicious, so I am thinking of voting for him, but I am also looking at LT, because of her random vote. Baddies have more of an incentive to randomize than anyone else, because the odds are that a random pick will yield a civvie. However, given that there is not much to go on yet, it is kind of the only way.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
It's really difficult to say at this early stage. Boo caught my eye as being suspicious, so I am thinking of voting for him, but I am also looking at LT, because of her random vote. Baddies have more of an incentive to randomize than anyone else, because the odds are that a random pick will yield a civvie. However, given that there is not much to go on yet, it is kind of the only way.
I was feeling the same way on boo, but I don't know, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a baddie. Interesting point on LT, not sure there either. I do find it weird that anyone would randomize. Anyone who plays mafia games with me regularly knows how I feel about randomizing. I do agree there's hardly been any activity, and I know how hard Day 1 votes can be, but randomizing is an automatic cop-out.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Are you guys saying boo is suspicious for talking about a vote for a low poster? I'm just trying to work through the suspicion and that's the only thing I really see that he's talked about.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I was feeling the same way on boo, but I don't know, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a baddie. Interesting point on LT, not sure there either. I do find it weird that anyone would randomize. Anyone who plays mafia games with me regularly knows how I feel about randomizing. I do agree there's hardly been any activity, and I know how hard Day 1 votes can be, but randomizing is an automatic cop-out.
This is one thing you and I will always agree on.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Are you guys saying boo is suspicious for talking about a vote for a low poster? I'm just trying to work through the suspicion and that's the only thing I really see that he's talked about.
I thought it was notable how he came in relatively early in the vote and seemed pretty prepared to vote BWT for not showing (and he has IRL reasons for not being here).

Not sure it means he's bad though.

Kate wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
This is one thing you and I will always agree on.
I am glad someone else sees eye to eye with me on this. What are you currently thinking then?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I really don't want to lynch anyone today because I feel like odds are that we will get a civvie by accident. It's terribly worrisome.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I didn't get anything nor did I have any idea what any of the options did.

Rox, this response works for what you asked me as well. Honestly, I was surprised to see people seemed to benefit from the poll directly (like Rox is gone from the poll), I figured it might be more like an MOTU type of poll.
I am quite surprised honestly that you would think all poll would be alike or similar to MOTU mafia - when in almost every game I play the polls do something different. In games I make I know no two polls are ever the same game to game. Mostly polls I have seen do directly benefit the player or players who vote the winning option.

Linky llama lol
;)

Return to “Previous Side Missions”