[END] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Which visiting community was your favorite?

SDN
19%
SDN
16%
SDN
25%
SDN
25%
SDN
16%

Total votes: 32
Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him, They/them
Aka: Mayo

Re: [DAY 1] Literal WWerecreatures Invade Syndicate Zoo: An SDN Crossover Game

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

SportPonies wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:47 pm
miranda920 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:45 pm I’m town reading because despite the reads being on NAI posts it felt like a genuine effort!
Calling me a hippogriff because I playbowed and highposted is genuine effort?
To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen you post this much in a game.

I'm not complaining, I'm just used to you being roughly as far behind as I am.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

i kind of think sloon is being lightly v
Zenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:26 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:00 pm You’re right. I’m extremely dissatisfied.

I asked you for one thing. One simple thing. Give me your thoughts on the content itself.

Instead you gave another hand wavy answer that simply acknowledges the existence of the content and talk about how it was created on D1.

I wanted you to talk to me about the argument I’m making against Falcon. The specific point about what Falcon said, my rebuttal, and what you agree with or disagree with in that exchange, with specifics.

I still expect an answer here.
I think Falcon said a provocative thing about you and you were provoked. I think he made a mountain out of a molehill first, and you responded by making your out mountain out of your own molehill. Falcon's initial gripe, whether or not we believe it, was that you were not proactive enough in addressing your concerns about the early Miranda votes. Was it fair as an accusation at face value? Not really. But was it an acceptable play for early Day 1 of a crossover mafia game on Mafiathesyndicate.com? Absolutely.

You responded critically and defensively, because it was a bit of a bogus accusation. That is fair. But, in your response, I felt you took some liberties with his words, or at least presented a rather one-sided view of his position (It is not hard to see how falcon could interpret your initial concern as being simply the speed with which the votes occurred). This is reminiscent of how you have responded to me today. But, again, that is fine, because it is Day 1 of a mafia game, and we need to twist some words to get people talking.

Was I swayed by any of the arguments either of you made against one another? No. I was not. If I am to give a read, it's that both of you are town. Falcon, for playing the role of provocateur. You, because your defensive reaction turned into what looks to be a very firmly-held belief that you are onto something. But neither of those are strong reads, which is why I will again stress that I'm more interested in seeing how you respond to other things.

I do not believe there is anything meaningful to be gained by continuing this dialogue.
This isn’t an answer. What specifically did I say that you felt was an example of my “Twisting his words”?
In conclusion, Carthage Falcon45ca must be destroyed.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

idk, zenge/falcon/sloon feels a lot like v on v on v violence but i dont really know how to read the first 2
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:31 pm This isn’t an answer. What specifically did I say that you felt was an example of my “Twisting his words”?
What is your read on me right now?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
mightyrunner7
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
Aka: Benoit

Post by mightyrunner7 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 pm
mightyrunner7 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:22 pm
Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:14 pm
mightyrunner7 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:10 pm Hello everyone, finally caught up from Day 1 opening, so I'll be making a series of posts to give my thoughts/impressions

The biggest issue so far seems to be the conflict between Falcon/Zenge/Sloonie/Seanzie

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean
Seanzie - Confused scum lean. Falcon was sus, but we cannot eliminate Falcon, so you vote for Zenge? Is your opinion toward Falcon based in past history (Falcon is a strong player, we should keep him around) or something else?

Generally, I find Zenge to have had the more convincing argument than Falcon (although this may admittedly be attributed to SDN bias), while Sloonie's commentary felt villagey to me
Could you remind me why Zenge is the only SDNer you're reading when you've only played one game with him where you were both village?
Zenge was the only SDNer who meaningfully contributed to this particular issue that I was analyzing, I'm still working on my catch-up
You didn't think anything I said was meaningful?
The only contribution you offered to the Falcon/Zenge drama was that you had no opinion on Falcon. Is that meaningful?
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Animal Midwife »

mightyrunner7 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:32 pm
mightyrunner7 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:10 pm Hello everyone, finally caught up from Day 1 opening, so I'll be making a series of posts to give my thoughts/impressions

The biggest issue so far seems to be the conflict between Falcon/Zenge/Sloonie/Seanzie

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean
Seanzie - Confused scum lean. Falcon was sus, but we cannot eliminate Falcon, so you vote for Zenge? Is your opinion toward Falcon based in past history (Falcon is a strong player, we should keep him around) or something else?

Generally, I find Zenge to have had the more convincing argument than Falcon (although this may admittedly be attributed to SDN bias), while Sloonie's commentary felt villagey to me
Could you remind me why Zenge is the only SDNer you're reading when you've only played one game with him where you were both village?
Zenge was the only SDNer who meaningfully contributed to this particular issue that I was analyzing, I'm still working on my catch-up
The only contribution you offered to the Falcon/Zenge drama was that you had no opinion on Falcon. Is that meaningful?
Oh wait. You just focusing on two people in isolation of the rest of the roster. No, that's not meaningful because it's too narrow. Lots of things have been discussed together even with just involving these four player outside of Zenge v Falcon. I'd like to hear about that as well since you're caught up.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:05 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:55 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:52 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:49 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:24 pm Anyway, I find the split on whether falcon is playing out of character or not to be an interesting one. sloonei says no, neon says yes. Other Syndicats, what's your opinion?
For fear of raising the wrath of Zenge, I thought Falcon had some points.

I generally have a hard time reading Falcon; coming in here seeing him engage, I thought maybe I was getting a grip on his game. I thought he looked very civvie. And Sloonei i think was not so much defending Falcon as he was explaining someones Meta. I think he was trying to be helpful. I don't know that I think Sloonei would come in Day 1 to defend a teammate in that way, when he could easily be called out by people with more Falcon experience.

BUT Neon does read Falcon much better than I, so I need to see what she says.
I think Sloonei and Falcon are unlikely to be packmates anyhow but if Neon has a history of reading Falcon accurately than hmm

Why are you TR Neon? Are you sheeping other player's reads on her slot?
How are you reading Neon?
Obv town. Towniest town ever.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
mightyrunner7

Post by mightyrunner7 »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:35 pm
mightyrunner7 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:32 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

Oh wait. You just focusing on two people in isolation of the rest of the roster. No, that's not meaningful because it's too narrow. Lots of things have been discussed together even with just involving these four player outside of Zenge v Falcon. I'd like to hear about that as well since you're caught up.
100% agree that this analysis is incomplete, I was just starting with the top issue. I'm working on composing my other impressions as well
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

AM is so towny it hurts

AM this is the kind of towny i need you to be on MU so people don't wonder wtf Im talking about when i call you a villager
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:32 pm idk, zenge/falcon/sloon feels a lot like v on v on v violence but i dont really know how to read the first 2
Let me lay out my case for you.

Falcon made a very bad push on me.

I said I was thinking about how a wolf would approach the game and looking for people who were doing that.

Falcon claimed that this “wasn’t a town perspective”.

I asked him to elaborate and he refused and changed the subject.

I asked him again and he obfuscated with something unrelated.

This is not how a villager looking to solve the game behaves.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:07 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:05 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:55 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:52 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:49 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:24 pm Anyway, I find the split on whether falcon is playing out of character or not to be an interesting one. sloonei says no, neon says yes. Other Syndicats, what's your opinion?
For fear of raising the wrath of Zenge, I thought Falcon had some points.

I generally have a hard time reading Falcon; coming in here seeing him engage, I thought maybe I was getting a grip on his game. I thought he looked very civvie. And Sloonei i think was not so much defending Falcon as he was explaining someones Meta. I think he was trying to be helpful. I don't know that I think Sloonei would come in Day 1 to defend a teammate in that way, when he could easily be called out by people with more Falcon experience.

BUT Neon does read Falcon much better than I, so I need to see what she says.
I think Sloonei and Falcon are unlikely to be packmates anyhow but if Neon has a history of reading Falcon accurately than hmm

Why are you TR Neon? Are you sheeping other player's reads on her slot?
How are you reading Neon?

There's a feisty-ness to her tone in certain posts that I've come to associate w/ towny Neon
Is it possible for you to put more depth into this read?

If not that's okay I struggle with articulating thoughts but I'm trying to understand exactly what you mean
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:39 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:32 pm idk, zenge/falcon/sloon feels a lot like v on v on v violence but i dont really know how to read the first 2

I said I was thinking about how a wolf would approach the game and looking for people who were doing that.

falcon is someone I struggle with because I almost always want to call him a wolf, but he's usually not a wolf

he does shit that I would consider wolfy in a vacuum
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:40 pm

falcon is someone I struggle with because I almost always want to call him a wolf, but he's usually not a wolf

I feel like if you took a wolf out of a vacuum they’d still be a wolf though. That’s like…physics.

But also hear me out on this:

The Miranda wagon is bad. I’ve talked about why. Instead of asking me why I thought the Miranda wagon is bad, or trying to engage and understand people perspectives, he wolf read me and tried to build a wagon on me for terrible reasoning.

He also tried to build a case on PSV, on the grounds that he was asking how Neon was reading his slot.

All of these things are Wolfy in a vacuum. How many Wolfy vacuums does it take before this is a pattern?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:45 pm

I feel like if you took a wolf out of a vacuum they’d still be a wolf though. That’s like…physics.

The Miranda wagon is bad. I’ve talked about why. Instead of asking me why I thought the Miranda wagon is bad, or trying to engage and understand people perspectives, he wolf read me and tried to build a wagon on me for terrible reasoning.

He also tried to build a case on PSV, on the grounds that he was asking how Neon was reading his slot.

All of these things are Wolfy in a vacuum. How many Wolfy vacuums does it take before this is a pattern?
hey im just telling you where im coming from

I always want to wolf read him and it's always been a crapshoot

he's a wolfy villager imo so i guess I'm more concerned about outcomes from him
mightyrunner7

Post by mightyrunner7 »

Regarding Miranda in general, I appreciate PSV's terminology of noob vs wolf. AM very legitimately questioned Miranda's town lean on Scottie for being based on faulty reasoning. I personally would offer that this was more noob than sus (I personally had the same gut reaction before I calmed down and realized entertaining posts are still NAI). Honestly, the only aspect of Miranda's play so far that caught my eye has been how calmly she has handled the pressure. I think this could be attributed to wolfiness, gaining experience, or generally being too busy to fight back. She is worth watching, but I would not make her a yeet priority for today, unless I found no better targets than trusting Sporty's tone read
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:39 pm AM is so towny it hurts

AM this is the kind of towny i need you to be on MU so people don't wonder wtf Im talking about when i call you a villager
I genuinely don't know what the difference is.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:22 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

See, this is what a townie looks like when I sus Falcon but take them off the table.

I'll answer your question re:this, but not until I hear from Zenge.
I answered you in 922? Unless you asked something else I didn’t see?
I apparently didn't see that post. Are you usually so laissez faire in games?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

mightyrunner7

Post by mightyrunner7 »

AM is certainly playing with her usual intensity. I'm not willing to give a town read to her for it quite yet (frankly, this is what I expect from her in any game), but I will argue with anyone who still finds this wolfy behavior
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Animal Midwife wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:39 pm AM is so towny it hurts

I genuinely don't know what the difference is.
you dont know the difference between your posting here and your nebulous one liners on MU

I'm skeptical :evileye:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:31 pm i kind of think sloon is being lightly v
Why do your reads have so many adjectives?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:54 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:31 pm i kind of think sloon is being lightly v
they always do and you always take issue with it

it's how i express myself
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

lightly is an adverb. vote seanzie vote aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:52 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

See, this is what a townie looks like when I sus Falcon but take them off the table.

I don’t feel like I’m very laissez faire here. This is the most active and engaged I’ve been on a thread in a while.

So I guess yes. I’m not just usually laissez faire, I’m usually SO laissez faire that what you’re seeing as “laissez faire” here is actually a very high bar for me.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:45 pm

I think physics actually dictates that if the wolf has been in the vacuum for any extended period of time, pulling it out yields a dead wolf.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:55 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've taken issue with this specific thing in the past. What game?

Mayo the Mayo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him, They/them
Aka: Mayo

Post by Mayo the Mayo »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:19 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:00 pm Is Miranda a relative noob to werewolf?

I think it is far easier and safer to call someone town when playing as mafia
Yes, she is a relative noob. This is her fifth (I believe?) game.
I'm more getting at, I would've expected her to be coached not to say something like that. I'm reading her as nooby rather than outright wolfy.
Coached? Lol

So you’re saying townreading me is a Lev 1 wolf strategy? I disagree. I think it’s rather benign and something town do plenty.

What would you coach her?
I mean the other scum in scumchat would probably have said hey don't do that.
That's assuming she is running every post past her cowolves. I'm not sure I've ever been in a game where players do that. Sure, people will post and edit a full reads list, but usually not a random town read on D1.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've taken issue with this specific thing in the past. What game?
i never remember specific game names. but i remember having a similar convo with you before
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:56 pm
lightly is an adverb. vote seanzie vote aubergine
*forfeits because iz caught via grammar*

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

I don’t feel like I’m very laissez faire here. This is the most active and engaged I’ve been on a thread in a while.

So I guess yes. I’m not just usually laissez faire, I’m usually SO laissez faire that what you’re seeing as “laissez faire” here is actually a very high bar for me.
When I talk about you being laissez faire, I'm referring to the fact that you seem fine not following up on things that most people would follow up on. The fact that you're active an engaged makes this worse since... why wouldn't you engage with these things?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:59 pm

i never remember specific game names. but i remember having a similar convo with you before
I am willing to settle on me silently eyeing you rather than pressing you, but for now I do not feel placated since I do not recall this (don't deny it, but hard to verify, and without verification, there is no placation).

dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:02 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:59 pm

I am willing to settle on me silently eyeing you rather than pressing you, but for now I do not feel placated since I do not recall this (don't deny it, but hard to verify, and without verification, there is no placation).
it would have been a minimum of a year ago i think because the last game i remember playing on TS was during Amy's birth
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:00 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:56 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

When I talk about you being laissez faire, I'm referring to the fact that you seem fine not following up on things that most people would follow up on. The fact that you're active an engaged makes this worse since... why wouldn't you engage with these things?
What specifically are you asking about my not following up on?

If you’re asking about my not following up with the weird comment you made. I did comment on it. “Not with that attitude”. And then a few hours later you voted me for not “following up”.

I guess I’m confused. Can you specify how much time exactly you think would have been appropriate for me to wait before following up a second time?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

To address this now, I will use the SUPER NAI method of just quoting a post from another game where I explain this (I've had to explain this a lot):

NOTE: The following spoilered post is NOT from this game. It is from another game.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:04 pm
Lumi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:45 pm :nicenod:
Seanzie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:15 pm No to Falcon. No.

Not yet at least.
Overruled

Give a good reason if you want people to listen.
Falcon is an easy read as time goes on and are an easy misyeet for wolves early. If Falcon is a wolf, taking them out will not severely hinder the wolves (no offence to Falcon, but he kinda hates wolfing, and while he isn't a negative to the wolf-team, he isn't exactly the choice to go deep), and Falcon's best strength as a wolf is he is good at not leaving spew/leaving misleading spew, so flipping him early gives very little benefit even if he is wolf, but leaving him alive will never cause a loss because he is wolf (if we wouldn't have lost anyways), and we will know if he is town or not because elo.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:05 pm

Here are my reads of it:
Falcon - Scum lean
Zenge - Village lean
Sloonie - Village lean

To address this now, I will use the SUPER NAI method of just quoting a post from another game where I explain this (I've had to explain this a lot):

NOTE: The following spoilered post is NOT from this game. It is from another game.
Seanzie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:04 pm
Lumi wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:45 pm :nicenod:
Seanzie wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:15 pm No to Falcon. No.

Not yet at least.
Overruled

Give a good reason if you want people to listen.
Falcon is an easy read as time goes on and are an easy misyeet for wolves early. If Falcon is a wolf, taking them out will not severely hinder the wolves (no offence to Falcon, but he kinda hates wolfing, and while he isn't a negative to the wolf-team, he isn't exactly the choice to go deep), and Falcon's best strength as a wolf is he is good at not leaving spew/leaving misleading spew, so flipping him early gives very little benefit even if he is wolf, but leaving him alive will never cause a loss because he is wolf (if we wouldn't have lost anyways), and we will know if he is town or not because elo.
before* not because.

Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:32 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:31 pm This isn’t an answer. What specifically did I say that you felt was an example of my “Twisting his words”?
Not great. Especially since you refused to answer this question and just asked another question, which was about how I’m reading you.

Villager’s don’t generally care as much about how others are reading them and are usually more willing to answer extremely basic and simple questions.
mightyrunner7

Post by mightyrunner7 »

Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:21 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:19 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:00 pm Is Miranda a relative noob to werewolf?

I think it is far easier and safer to call someone town when playing as mafia
Yes, she is a relative noob. This is her fifth (I believe?) game.
I'm more getting at, I would've expected her to be coached not to say something like that. I'm reading her as nooby rather than outright wolfy.
Coached? Lol

So you’re saying townreading me is a Lev 1 wolf strategy? I disagree. I think it’s rather benign and something town do plenty.

What would you coach her?
I mean the other scum in scumchat would probably have said hey don't do that.
That's assuming she is running every post past her cowolves. I'm not sure I've ever been in a game where players do that. Sure, people will post and edit a full reads list, but usually not a random town read on D1.
I agree with Mayo here. PSV, I've very recently been a noob wolf in a couple games, and the amount of couching I received boiled down to "that's was a bad post, why did you say that!?" My point is having access to wolfy mentors does not prevent questionable posts
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:07 pm
Not great. Especially since you refused to answer this question and just asked another question, which was about how I’m reading you.

Villager’s don’t generally care as much about how others are reading them and are usually more willing to answer extremely basic and simple questions.
The reason I ask is because I fail to see the benefit of continuing this dialogue unless you are actively suspicious of me.

I feel as though I have answered you in sufficient detail. I have gone into more detail than I thought necessary. I even addressed your most recent question in the post you were responding to: You painted Falcon as suspicious for not asking you why you disliked the Miranda wagon, when it was not unreasonable to assume that Falcon had assumed your objection was that the votes came too quickly.

You have asked me to respond to a bunch of things, but I am failing to see what value is being gained right now. It feels as though you are hounding me simply as a reflex. So how are you reading me, and why are my answers to your questions so important?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

@Animal Midwife

With 24 players I’m assuming 5 scum or so?

You think that’s probably accurate?
Animal Midwife
Stool Pigeon

Post by Animal Midwife »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:18 pm @Animal Midwife

With 24 players I’m assuming 5 scum or so?

You think that’s probably accurate?
At least 5. I don't know where 3p is factored in
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 134

Post by falcon45ca »

Go back to the post dude.

Thinking about how a wolf might approach the game is fine.

Not following up and questioning players who are doing the wolfy things you suspect? That is not a towny mindset.

And it isn't.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:17 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:07 pm

The reason I ask is because I fail to see the benefit of continuing this dialogue unless you are actively suspicious of me.

I feel as though I have answered you in sufficient detail. I have gone into more detail than I thought necessary. I even addressed your most recent question in the post you were responding to: You painted Falcon as suspicious for not asking you why you disliked the Miranda wagon, when it was not unreasonable to assume that Falcon had assumed your objection was that the votes came too quickly.

You have asked me to respond to a bunch of things, but I am failing to see what value is being gained right now. It feels as though you are hounding me simply as a reflex. So how are you reading me, and why are my answers to your questions so important?

I’m not hounding you as a reflex I’m extremely suspicious of you because your defense of Falcon has been extremely scummy.

Your failure to answer my questions has been extremely scummy. Anyone who actually reads the answers you gave to the questions I’ve asked would agree that like a politician, you’ve answered by saying a lot of words and never actually answering my questions.

So let’s do this. I’m giving you one more opportunity to answer my questions honestly. I’m going to make them as simple as possible.

1. I said “This is what I expect wolves to do. Im looking for people who are doing this.” -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

2. Falcon highlighted my quote discussed in point #1 and said that it was a Wolfy mindset. -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

3. I asked Falcon why it was he was claiming that was a “Wolfy mindset”. -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

4. Falcon followed that by saying he was done discussing with me, instead of explaining himself. -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

5. I pressed Falcon again and asked him AGAIN to answer the question. -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

6. Falcon answered by making an unrelated complaint about my not asking people voting for Miranda why they were voting for Miranda. -This is a fact. Do you agree or disagree with that. If you disagree why specifically?

I’d like you to answer these point by point. I doubt you will. I expect you’ll continue to obfuscate and give hand wavy answers.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:00 pm @potentialsheltervet id like your opinion on Sloonei’s question to Miranda here.
I don't really think much of it, to be frank. It didn't strike me either way.
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:55 pm @potentialsheltervet What's your read on Neon right now?
Light village.
Mayo the Mayo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 pm That's assuming she is running every post past her cowolves. I'm not sure I've ever been in a game where players do that. Sure, people will post and edit a full reads list, but usually not a random town read on D1.
True.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:29 pm Your failure to answer my questions has been extremely scummy. Anyone who actually reads the answers you gave to the questions I’ve asked would agree that like a politician, you’ve answered by saying a lot of words and never actually answering my questions.
Haha I'm stealing this for the next time I go toe to toe with scum!JJJ
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

@falcon45ca Why do you have a problem with me TRing Neon?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Scotty »

I’m liking mightyrunner’s Re-entrance

I’m in the camp now after talking to myself in the bathroom that Dennis is making words and is too reticent. A lot of town reads and since his ALL-CAPS ELEPHANT TRAMPLING THROUGH A VILLAGE on D0, it’s felt much more…careful. Like the goldfish in a large lake. That’s the best I can explain it.

And I’m on the fence with pyxxy’s handling of me. That pyxxy went straight to 3p instead of sussing me outright, AND with Dennis coming straight to pyxxy’s rescue, I’m currently suspecting both of them
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:29 pm I’d like you to answer these point by point. I doubt you will. I expect you’ll continue to obfuscate and give hand wavy answers.
I am indeed not going to answer. This is not a productive discussion. I'll engage with you on other subjects as they come up. But I have said everything I have to say about this particular subject.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Go back to the post dude.

Thinking about how a wolf might approach the game is fine.

Not following up and questioning players who are doing the wolfy things you suspect? That is not a towny mindset.

And it isn't.
Once again you’re going back to this nonsense reason to wolf read me.

Your argument is that I said I found the Miranda wagon suspicious. Your entire case hinged on demanding that I had to ask every single voter on the Miranda wagon why, and that it was the only way for a villager to play the game.

But my issue is not just with the post. It’s with your follow up. You refused to answer the question and tried to change the subject. When I asked again you obfuscated by muddling two separate arguments together to give legitimacy to your scummy push.
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 pm
Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:29 pm I’d like you to answer these point by point. I doubt you will. I expect you’ll continue to obfuscate and give hand wavy answers.
I am indeed not going to answer. This is not a productive discussion. I'll engage with you on other subjects as they come up. But I have said everything I have to say about this particular subject.
@potentialsheltervet if Falcon flips scum, there’s no way this isn’t also scum, right? Like this has been too much Falcon defense to not be W/W, right?
Zenge
Stool Pigeon

Post by Zenge »

Zenge wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:34 pm
@potentialsheltervet if Falcon flips scum, there’s no way this isn’t also scum, right? Like this has been too much Falcon defense to not be W/W, right?
@Animal Midwife would you agree with this?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”