67%

Total votes: 6
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 380
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: [D3] Apathy Mafia

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Btw I hate when players do things I would never do as a townie…or as a wolf. Makes it really hard to get a mindset read.

“I’m going to just get yeeted but I’m town so start solving t!Falcon worlds now.”

Does not compute.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If I think I’m going to be yeeted as a townie, I shout my legacy as much as possible. I do isos so I can improve that legacy, maybe find that key bit of info that breaks the game open and saves me simultaneously. Or maybe just lets my fellow townies see that I’m town.

Granted, this is an exhausting way to play and not everyone has to be me but it’s so foreign to just give up that it frustrates the hell out of me. Makes me especially mad if Falcon turns out to be town.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:38 am
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:05 am
tutuu wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:52 pm @pyxxy can you place a vote asap. i want to see what you do

@Jackofhearts2005 you too. there's no hammer
.......sorry..............had..............to sleep.......

.......I think.......I'm stuck..............re-reading..............is..............scotty/falcon..............a.......difference check?.......wdyt?.......
You/Scotty is a difference check.

It’s not hard to read this as tmi Falcon is town to be used to yeet town Scotty later. 👀
If we’re a definitive difference check then the vote should be on one of us
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:52 am If I think I’m going to be yeeted as a townie, I shout my legacy as much as possible. I do isos so I can improve that legacy, maybe find that key bit of info that breaks the game open and saves me simultaneously. Or maybe just lets my fellow townies see that I’m town.

Granted, this is an exhausting way to play and not everyone has to be me but it’s so foreign to just give up that it frustrates the hell out of me. Makes me especially mad if Falcon turns out to be town.
It’s a tough cookie to crack. I do remember town catching bad falcon in Warbreaker on D1 but he was so nonplussed in that one. Circumstances are always different, but I seem to also remember town falcon laying down like this (laying down being a relative term here, since falcon is adamant he is town, but isn’t providing anything to the contrary).

In any case, there’s a reason he’s the winningest player last year, and it’s not because he’s easy to read in any alignment

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:06 am
tutuu wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:52 pm @pyxxy can you place a vote asap. i want to see what you do

.......I think.......I'm stuck..............re-reading..............is..............scotty/falcon..............a.......difference check?.......wdyt?.......

It’s not hard to read this as tmi Falcon is town to be used to yeet town Scotty later. 👀
I'm trying. Well, I'm trying as much as I care, and that's not very much.

The fact that you two are fine voting together on Falc is concerning, but even further that you voting together is not a concern to either of you seems wild to me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:43 am

I'm trying. Well, I'm trying as much as I care, and that's not very much.

The fact that you two are fine voting together on Falc is concerning, but even further that you voting together is not a concern to either of you seems wild to me.
At this point, if falcon is bad, from a general perspective, someone is bussing unless falcon’s partner is just you. But even that seems like a tall order for your long term win equity

It is concerning, for sure. Doesn’t mean he’s town.

Despite my effort to keep discussion going on all angles of things, the thread has been basically dead aside from ‘falcon is maybe bad’ and ‘Scotty is be wronger than the grammar in this phrase’

Falcon needs to be resolved, and pyxxy need to be resolved. Then barring no results, I guess I need to be resolved.

We’re 7-2. Miselim here is 5-2, which means we can elim one of me/pyxxy tomorrow and still only be at mylo

I’m not incredibly worried yet unless we’re all being snowed by like Alison/Camilla or something

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What’s the consensus on Roxy? I’m not seeing her thrown around as a potential wolf and I’m not seeing anyone insist she’s town.

Wilgy is at a similar spot but I do see a couple people proclaiming townreads there.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:26 pm What’s the consensus on Roxy? I’m not seeing her thrown around as a potential wolf and I’m not seeing anyone insist she’s town.

Wilgy is at a similar spot but I do see a couple people proclaiming townreads there.
I think Roxy has exhibited some pushback that associate with her towngame, and just check out Wilgy’s iso (it’s not long), especially his behavior around the D1 yeet. That makes a good case for me anyway of his towniness

pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 227
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

..............I..............kinda agree.......
Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:26 pm What’s the consensus on Roxy? I’m not seeing her thrown around as a potential wolf and I’m not seeing anyone insist she’s town.

I think Roxy has exhibited some pushback that associate with her towngame, and just check out Wilgy’s iso (it’s not long), especially his behavior around the D1 yeet. That makes a good case for me anyway of his towniness
..............also agreed..............
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

.......to be clear..............second game.......iirc.......with roxy..............and.......previous.......she.......was scum..............but.......towny.......to me.......since.......D1.......
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 pm .......to be clear..............second game.......iirc.......with roxy..............and.......previous.......she.......was scum..............but.......towny.......to me.......since.......D1.......
wait so are you saying you still think roxy could be bad?

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:08 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:53 pm .......to be clear..............second game.......iirc.......with roxy..............and.......previous.......she.......was scum..............but.......towny.......to me.......since.......D1.......
.......unlikely.......bad.......imo.......
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t even really think Scotty is a difference check with Falcon. I’ve been burned by hellbussing and there’s nothing that says they both can’t be town besides like…gamestate where I think Tutuu, Alison, Camilla are all town and I know I’m town makes it less likely than a random 2 person pairing in a more open game.

And the Pyxxy/Scotty difference check was me misremembering how the previous night’s conversation went first thing in the morning.

I agree with the strategy that you yeet one of a difference check if it exists but I think they rarely exist and I’m not sure I’m looking at one here.

Mostly just antsy with how easy Falcon is gonna go over.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My heart believes Scotty is town but it’s a disservice to both of our skill to say it’s so.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jack is hedging again. 😡
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:11 pm
...so why even make the post I quoted where you seem to contrast a game where she fooled you?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: [D2] Apathy Mafia

DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:48 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:32 am I provide for you a Wolfy 4th vote on Porscha. Good day.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:58 pm Probably one in Scotty, Zenon, Tutuu, Pyxxy.
Probably one in Rondo, Falcon.
Probably just Rondo because I don't see wolf Falcon.

Did Porscha have any resistance towards voting Pyxxy?

Ho well. Y'all sort it for me...

Good night.
S Tier posts imo
DrWilgy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:21 pm Nearing EoD it seems.

[VOTE: Prince J] aubergine but would prefer in Rondo/Pyxxy.

Falcon is unlikely wolf I think.

Prince J is unlikely wolf as well. I think Porscha forgot about them when they pushed for the lhf options, which is odd of a teammate. Prince J is a better PoE removal than Falcon 100% of the time though.
Has your read changed at all since this post yesterday?
Not really. If it was up to me, I'd pull Falcon from PoE until we sort out other information.

PoE feels like a dif between You/Pyxxy that we should solve first and foremost > then remove Prince Jack from the equation.

The more I brew on Porscha 'forgetting' about Prince Jack, the less it sits well with me, so the TR has faded. Prince Jack happily hopping on the Falcon wagon is bad.

In contrast, the more I brew on Porscha looking at all the LHF options makes the idea of W/W Pyxxy/Porscha sit better with me. Will probably just vote there.

Alas that would be alot of work and effort though.
Maybe I wasn’t misremembering.

Anyway, I dove into Wilgy’s iso and I’m feeling pretty good about him. Wilgy is very difficult to read in general but I think I took some stuff out of wolfing with him to understand his wolf game better and I don’t think this is it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:27 pm I don’t even really think Scotty is a difference check with Falcon. I’ve been burned by hellbussing and there’s nothing that says they both can’t be town besides like…gamestate where I think Tutuu, Alison, Camilla are all town and I know I’m town makes it less likely than a random 2 person pairing in a more open game.

And the Pyxxy/Scotty difference check was me misremembering how the previous night’s conversation went first thing in the morning.

I agree with the strategy that you yeet one of a difference check if it exists but I think they rarely exist and I’m not sure I’m looking at one here.

If wolf!falcon exists, he only has one partner. What is the optimal route for that partner to take? Is it boldly gun for cred? Is it walk into this shrug yeet?

hmm either way, setting up for a potential 6v1 isn't going to do you any favors.

But in this threadstate, they may have no choice but to concede to letting falcon go over. The town is rather willing to let him die (and he's not really doing himself any favors in my opinion) so why rock the boat?

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

My sickness has gotten pretty bad so i just skimmed again. Sorry. Hope it clears up soon.

I think I'm still just sitting on falcon. There is consensus on him, sure, but what else can his partner do if he is mafia? Even tutuu couldnt save him, his partner is forced to bus regardless. So im not spooked by everyone quietly settling on him

Think jack is townie but dunno how to articulate it rn. I guess I'll say that he feels like a detective who arrived late at the scene and is ambling around peering at clues under a magnifying glass... i know this sounds like a weird argument but my mind goes weird places when i am sick

Think roxy showing up just to make excuses about being afk is a big meh. Thought she was townie yesterday but i really hope she will be more active tomorrow. Was looking forward to her re-eval/solving after her worldview turned upside down and a little paranoid she is ghosting thread bc she cant convincingly fake that reeval.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:30 pm
...so why even make the post I quoted where you seem to contrast a game where she fooled you?
.......clarifying.......the context.......and possible.......lack..............of experience..............behind.......my opinion..............in case.......someone.......else..............felt strongly.......:/.......
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

We also still have the doc (the acccredited one, not the wilgy) milling about, so that helps our odds if we miselim a few here.

I'm feeling good at least 1 is in these wagons

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ya’ll got Porscha to 63 post on D1 and still yeeted her? Brutal. 😂
Alison

Post by Alison »

My spicy read is that i really do still think pyxxy is town and my one reservation (he is coasting a bit after i shielded) isnt a issue anymore

Everyone else seems to have pyx as consensus poe but i would kill scotty and wilgy minimim before him probs
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:34 pm
.......clarifying.......the context.......and possible.......lack..............of experience..............behind.......my opinion..............in case.......someone.......else..............felt strongly.......:/.......
You sir, are a hedge

A downright bush

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:37 pm My spicy read is that i really do still think pyxxy is town and my one reservation (he is coasting a bit after i shielded) isnt a issue anymore

Everyone else seems to have pyx as consensus poe but i would kill scotty and wilgy minimim before him probs
Ah see, you make a great post where I was about to put you into towncore, and then you invalidate it with this one!

Bummer

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:37 pm My spicy read is that i really do still think pyxxy is town and my one reservation (he is coasting a bit after i shielded) isnt a issue anymore

.......I swear..............I.......really.......was.......busy.......irl.......(busy.......having fun.......that is).......
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:37 pm
pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:34 pm
You sir, are a hedge

A downright bush
:lorab:
Alison

Post by Alison »

For all that falcon was yelling abt solving with the assumption hes green i dont see him doing much solving himself shrug

Hard not to see him as mafia in anti spew
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:36 pm Ya’ll got Porscha to 63 post on D1 and still yeeted her? Brutal. 😂
Her iso is weird af
Alison

Post by Alison »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Ah see, you make a great post where I was about to put you into towncore, and then you invalidate it with this one!

Bummer
Damn whatever will i do scotty isnt towncoring me
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alison, would you say that are you someone that isn't afraid to bus your teammates?

Alison

Post by Alison »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:40 pm Alison, would you say that are you someone that isn't afraid to bus your teammates?
I hellbus fearlessly when I am mafia. I think people who are afraid to bus are pussies
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:40 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:38 pm

Bummer
Damn whatever will i do scotty isnt towncoring me
Just means you won't receive my miraculous christmas card this year where I cosplay as Santa's Little Helper

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:40 pm Alison, would you say that are you someone that isn't afraid to bus your teammates?
I hellbus fearlessly when I am mafia. I think people who are afraid to bus are pussies
What does hellbus mean (actual question) in regards to bussing

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: [D1] Apathy Mafia

Porscha wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 am i think scotty is like the only person I tl right now he feels so pure and fluffy
I feel like Porscha doesn’t use her first (only?) read to say a partner is pure and fluffy but that’s kinda a guess.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

.......has.......anyone.......ever.......analyzed.......stats.......on.......bussing?.......
Alison

Post by Alison »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:43 pm
It means you dont relent or give yourself any outs to hop off. Its a battle to the death

I wouldnt bus porscha here though if thats what youre thinking. Its an int to bus in a cop doc setup d1 because if the cop checks you its instant gg
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:45 pm
It means you dont relent or give yourself any outs to hop off. Its a battle to the death

I wouldnt bus porscha here though if thats what youre thinking. Its an int to bus in a cop doc setup d1 because if the cop checks you its instant gg
Gotcha

Interesting qualifier. So you hellbus fearlessly but you wouldn't have done so this game.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:47 pm
YAY I GOT THIS REFERENCE :D

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

.......the thread..............talking to scotty.......

..............hedging and qualifiers..............
.....................🤝.....................
tutuu
Posts in topic: 326

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:49 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:45 pm

Gotcha

Interesting qualifier. So you hellbus fearlessly but you wouldn't have done so this game.
more shading of towncore trying to widen the poe zzz

its manipulative, he isn't outright saying he finds it sus, he's stating what alison said in a tone which sets you up (the reader) to go "hmmm, suspicious words coming from alison", without getting his own hands dirty. ultra common wolf tell

>>>if falcon flips town kill scotty is my legacy. please kill his ass<<<

if falcon flips mafia i think u guys will win easily it rly doesnt matter whos the last wolf
tutuu
Posts in topic: 326

Post by tutuu »

dont let the wolves make u paranoid of alison and camilla

id lose to alison or camilla mafia

my legacy trust them 100% they're lock town dont doubt them
Camilla
The Mark
Posts in topic: 316
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Camilla »

I have concerns that Roxy kind of just started chilling after we townread them, but eh.

At least they started chilling after they had several townie moments lol.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Wow after the catch up I am wondering if Pyxxy and Scotty are both town and now just resolved to being elimmed as per the normalization of this mind/group think.

So we elim Scotty and he is town then we go for Pyxxy bc hey it is "optimal" and Pyxxy comes up town. Down we are down to lose.

falcon givng up and telling people to solve like he is town to get a head start is a bit odd. Leaving no legacy or reads just an idaf about the town legacy. It makes me want to vote them bc this feels different from falcon

I liked Scotty looking into Alison and Camilla bc I have had a niggling feeling about a baddie team consisting of two high posters and one lhf.

Tutuu saying should would lose to Alison and Camilla as mafia is a bit sad for the town that she would ride in the back seat of that car going over a cliff bc hey it's ok to lose to them.

Nah.

I'm going to continue to look and frankly idc care if no one pays attention but I don't just roll over bc certain players could be bad and I cba'ed to give a good care for the towns sake. I will look at everyone and everything.
;)
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:27 pm I don’t even really think Scotty is a difference check with Falcon. I’ve been burned by hellbussing and there’s nothing that says they both can’t be town besides like…gamestate where I think Tutuu, Alison, Camilla are all town and I know I’m town makes it less likely than a random 2 person pairing in a more open game.

I kind of don't think the lack of resistance on Falcon's that AI.

He's been fairly underwhelming and was the CW to a town mischop and me/Alison/Tutu were all dead-set on him dying today so I feel like his partner would always hellbuss him if he's W.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Camilla wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:05 pm

I have concerns that Roxy kind of just started chilling after we townread them, but eh.

At least they started chilling after they had several townie moments lol.
Idc how you feel about how I play (and I mean this in the nicest possible terms) I play when I can and try to contribute. I work and have a very busy life as a YaYa which is the most important thing in my life. So you can say I am chilling while working 60 hour weeks and having YaYa time but to me I am just balancing my life the way I like. <3
;)
Camilla
The Mark

Post by Camilla »

Alison wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:39 pm For all that falcon was yelling abt solving with the assumption hes green i dont see him doing much solving himself shrug

Hard not to see him as mafia in anti spew
Eh, I'm kind of hesitant as I don't usually see this "solve in a world where I'm town" thing coming from a wolf as I'd expect him to just clam up.

Thing is it's kind of pointlessly self-sacrificial shit where he could just push his reads if he's town without worrying about anti-spew, so yeah.
Camilla
The Mark

Re: [D1] Apathy Mafia

Post by Camilla »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 am i think scotty is like the only person I tl right now he feels so pure and fluffy
I feel like Porscha doesn’t use her first (only?) read to say a partner is pure and fluffy but that’s kinda a guess.
Usually wolves don't make their first reads being a generic townread on a partner and I've liked Scotty's paranoia so I think this is a slot I'd only kill in XyLo, tbh.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Appreciate the feedback, Camilla.

You're totally right that town Falcon should at least be throwing out some read atp.

Return to “Previous Heists”