The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

RIP Black Rock, I'll re-read you to see if I can figure out why you would have been a night one target.

Dom, I will unfortunately be away from the computer tomorrow between 10:30 am and 2 pm but will see if I can post from my phone some during that time. Otherwise I'm available!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks Bass, You're an Angel <3

And Juliets, I agree. I only recall her getting in one face, but I could be wrong, and she was not the only one so not sure what to make of that. I also need to do some rereading of MM. I seriously misread him, and want to see what I might have missed.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Aww bye BR RIPIYWG

I do hope this tag team thing isn't more of a distraction with extra filler posts like Elo pointed out or just mindless quoting and commenting on every post.

The BR kill feels random and I am not sure who would want to take her out so quickly so I think I will read back on the D1 lynch so see if anything can be gleaned from posts/votes.

Btw the dog pic Made posted made me giggle :)
;)
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

So, host... if I picked someone for my tag team, and said person didn't return the tag... what happens?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Yea I also going back to re-read Black Rock .
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy, I think getting past the filler might be a challenge lol. I am also curious to know if anyone, other than the MM voters obviously, still feel as strongly as they did yesterday about their suspicions.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

Boomslang wrote:So, host... if I picked someone for my tag team, and said person didn't return the tag... what happens?
That person is your partner.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 1]

Black Rock wrote:Well this is a hard one. I think I will vote for DH today. DH has been poking at things and waiting for something to stick. He has stated a few things as fact about LC that are just not true. TH believes DH's case and also used some excuse that was not true for believing LC was bad. I don't trust either of them today. So vote DH and watch TH.
This is the only post from BR that really stuck out to me for a reason someone would kill her. but it still seems pretty random to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She clearly disagreed with something TH said as well, about people voting for fast voters. He explained it, but if she liked his answer, it is hard to say.

I quoted it myself, but I would have to go back and find it, and I need to start getting ready to turn it. Getting up at 4 am sucks :( Especially when it's like 4 degrees out~
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S I won't be around till tomorrow just so you know. I'm also getting off here .
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Hey, yo guys, so uh my vote was forced so I'm just gonna get that out of the way now.

Voting Boomslang.

I'm not going to post the exact message, so that way we can have a sort of key to prove when someone is telling the truth, and someone is lying about being vote forced.

So next time someone claims votes force i'll ask for like the 5th or 3rd word in the message and if they match up, they're clear.

Thoughts?
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks Bass, I will be out myself until tomorrow evening. So catch you later :D

And Made, that is interesting. Although I am sure not all of the Boomslang suspish was false yesterday, some of it did seem rather forced. This kinda just underlines that doesn't it?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:RIPIYWG Black Rock.

Lets do this llama
I'm game! Down with low posters!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Made wrote:Hey, yo guys, so uh my vote was forced so I'm just gonna get that out of the way now.

Voting Boomslang.

I'm not going to post the exact message, so that way we can have a sort of key to prove when someone is telling the truth, and someone is lying about being vote forced.

So next time someone claims votes force i'll ask for like the 5th or 3rd word in the message and if they match up, they're clear.

Thoughts?
There's no guarantee Epig would write the PM the same every time. Especially after you say something like that. :p You really think Epig would be able to stop himself from messing with you?

BR pretty much only went after DH and TH. If they're connected, then that would be a good reason to kill BR.

I voted for DH last time and not a lot has happened since then to make me say "Hey, that person is more suspicious!". That, in addition to the BR kill and her suspicions, supported by the concept that votes are still changeable... makes it easy to vote for DH again right away. *votes DharmaHelper*

Now, I have Lorab as a Tag Team partner. She hasn't said a lot so far, and I sometimes like to be chatty. So it will be a difficult balance. There'll be no back-and-forths unless it's between partners. I think that's another reason to lay my cards on the table early, discussion will be more difficult, so it's good to let people know where you stand right away.

Of course, if I really feel like I have to say something, maybe I'll just have to double-talk after people I like! ;)
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
Made wrote:Hey, yo guys, so uh my vote was forced so I'm just gonna get that out of the way now.

Voting Boomslang.

Thoughts?
There's no guarantee Epig would write the PM the same every time. Especially after you say something like that. :p You really think Epig would be able to stop himself from messing with you?

BR pretty much only went after DH and TH. If they're connected, then that would be a good reason to kill BR.

I voted for DH last time and not a lot has happened since then to make me say "Hey, that person is more suspicious!". That, in addition to the BR kill and her suspicions, supported by the concept that votes are still changeable... makes it easy to vote for DH again right away. *votes DharmaHelper*

Now, I have Lorab as a Tag Team partner. She hasn't said a lot so far, and I sometimes like to be chatty. So it will be a difficult balance. There'll be no back-and-forths unless it's between partners. I think that's another reason to lay my cards on the table early, discussion will be more difficult, so it's good to let people know where you stand right away.

Of course, if I really feel like I have to say something, maybe I'll just have to double-talk after people I like! ;)
I'm surprised that you can't see the obvious frame-up in killing BR.

Anyway, I have a lot to say and since this is gonna be a tough day to post things;

Close to 90% of my Day 1 antics were a ploy. I was concerned at first that I would be caught out, and the facade ruined (particularly with INH's post, and several posts pointing out how strange and/or funny I had been acting). Yes, a ploy. Built carefully with one goal in mind: The careful observation of the reactions to my plot. One in particular caught my eye. I hinted only once at this falsehood, when I mentioned the sweet irony of the similarity of this game to Misfits mafia.

This being a Championship game, and an opportunity to reflect on our past victories, I decided to play this game (for at least day one) in as much of a contrast to my Misfits game as possible. Where in Misfits I was the rational, careful and plucky manipulator, I decided here to abandon that strategy and go balls out.

One man should have seen through my facade, and did not. I suspect due to his own baddieness. So, my vote will go to Made.

As Long Con points out, we can change our votes whenever. I doubt mine will change, though.

Now that I've successfully pulled an INH, lets get back to this posting contest.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Host question: There's no bonus for posting a lot is there? From my reading of the rules, it seems like the only way to get points is if other teams screw up. Is that accurate?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:Host question: There's no bonus for posting a lot is there? From my reading of the rules, it seems like the only way to get points is if other teams screw up. Is that accurate?
Same question.

Additionally: Does no one want to question how Made's vote was forced during Day 1? No? Ok, I will.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Host question: There's no bonus for posting a lot is there? From my reading of the rules, it seems like the only way to get points is if other teams screw up. Is that accurate?
Same question.

Additionally: Does no one want to question how Made's vote was forced during Day 1? No? Ok, I will.
I feel like Made is lying about thta, much as INH was lying about his computer program.

How do you think your Day 1 ploy will screw with INH's computer program, by the way?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yes.

Additionally, you cannot give your own team points.

S~V~S wrote:Especially when it's like 4 degrees out~
Our heating unit died today. The repairman implied that we're lucky the unit didn't catch fire. It's around 20F here, so I'll be making my way to a thick stack of blankets here soon.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Same question.

I feel like Made is lying about thta, much as INH was lying about his computer program.

How do you think your Day 1 ploy will screw with INH's computer program, by the way?
I think, as with most things about myself, it will not compute. I was very methodical about exactly what I wanted to do/who I wanted to target/what I wanted to say. Like people talk about Reywas and SVS being particularly touchy players, for example. Knowing that, I incorporated stuff like that into my strategy, very carefully in order to see what would crop up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote:

Voting Boomslang.

Thoughts?
My thoughts exactly. And, are you sure you're even allowed to tell us your vote was forced? You telling us it was forced makes me think you are making it up b/c I thought you were not allowed to share that kind of info.
linki: I am already under the thick sack of blankets :) Yay for laptops :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I note that, although there are seven roles with secrets, only one public role can sort of force votes, and that is Mr. Boddy. If your vote was forced by Boddy, Made, why did you let him blackmail you? Got something to hide?

*Votes Made.*

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:I note that, although there are seven roles with secrets, only one public role can sort of force votes, and that is Mr. Boddy. If your vote was forced by Boddy, Made, why did you let him blackmail you? Got something to hide?

*Votes Made.*
This is a good point. Counterpoint: Boddy could certainly disseminate false information.

@Host - So if no one posts out of turn, no one can be NK'd?

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Trash Team 4LYF!

:noble:
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I note that, although there are seven roles with secrets, only one public role can sort of force votes, and that is Mr. Boddy. If your vote was forced by Boddy, Made, why did you let him blackmail you? Got something to hide?

*Votes Made.*
This is a good point. Counterpoint: Boddy could certainly disseminate false information.

That's not how he worked in my game, but I guess Epig could have changed it.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

*Votes Made.*

That's not how he worked in my game, but I guess Epig could have changed it.
Just playing Devil's advocate. While it is certainly likely that the role works the same, going off real-world logic its hard to trust the word of a murdering mafioso as fact.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Host - So if no one posts out of turn, no one can be NK'd?
"The team with the highest number of points..."

If no one team fits that description, then no team gets the prize.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Voting Boomslang.

Thoughts?
My thoughts exactly. And, are you sure you're even allowed to tell us your vote was forced? You telling us it was forced makes me think you are making it up b/c I thought you were not allowed to share that kind of info.
I asked first, I assumed it wouldn't but was pleasantly surprised to find out otherwise... Regardless I have a plan if Epig trys to flip that script anyways....

Also my vote for Boomslang was forced for today [day 2] not yesterday [day 1], proof of that being I forgot to vote yesterday anyways.

Now to DH. DH, DH, DH, SMFH DH...
If we're playing vague mind games, I know what you're doing, and so will MP, hell even dana would know what you are doing . The only question left is if you're doing it on purpose and assuming i'd forgotten or if you doing it out of habit.
The third option of course being that you know what I'm thinking right now, but you know there's no way i'd buy that double speak even if it were true.

lezzz go homie, i gotcha playbook.

Also Elo, :offtobed: when you post your last for the night so I can know if i need to save or post, or wrap up.

Linki: There's seven secret Llama.
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I know there are, Made, but I don't believe any of them has vote forcing powers. Not buying what you're selling, buddy.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

Made, I know you are my tag teammate, but I have to say that I don't believe you either :/. This will be my last post for the evening. The kids are sleeping soundly in their beds which means I need to get some rest. And I know it will be difficult to sleep well tonight.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Voting Boomslang.

Thoughts?
I asked first, I assumed it wouldn't but was pleasantly surprised to find out otherwise... Regardless I have a plan if Epig trys to flip that script anyways....

Also my vote for Boomslang was forced for today [day 2] not yesterday [day 1], proof of that being I forgot to vote yesterday anyways.

Now to DH. DH, DH, DH, SMFH DH...
If we're playing vague mind games, I know what you're doing, and so will MP, hell even dana would know what you are doing . The only question left is if you're doing it on purpose and assuming i'd forgotten or if you doing it out of habit.
The third option of course being that you know what I'm thinking right now, but you know there's no way i'd buy that double speak even if it were true.

lezzz go homie, i gotcha playbook.

Also Elo, :offtobed: when you post your last for the night so I can know if i need to save or post, or wrap up.

Linki: There's seven secret Llama.
My bad, I thought you were saying your Day 1 vote was forced.

At either rate, doesn't change my suspicion

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to bed, but posting so DH can talk if he wants to.

Also, so I'm on topic, I asked this before and no one answered. Does Roxy seem extra testy this game? Does that mean anything? Discuss.

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by FZ. »

RIP BR. I actually remembered that post from her about DH and TH. Not sure what to make of it. She definitely said it with a take no prisoners attitude, and there weren't many players playing with that conviction last day.
By the way, Is this non-committal relatively quiet behaviour from TH something you expect from him as a civ? Because in all the games that I've played with him and he was a civ (which isn't many), he was more involved.

Roxy, I'm not going to be around until tomorrow afternoon (Saturday), so I apologize if it means you have to shut up. On the bright side, if you're a baddie, you can use me as an excuse for not being able to talk :p

On that note, to answer you question llama, I have no idea. I've just played two games with Roxy and she was civ in both, but whereas in one I saw her as a civ since the start of the game, in the other, I thought she was a baddie the entire game, so obviously, I'm not so good at figuring her out. But at this point, her behaviour doesn't seem too off to me. In cars, she felt the same, and she was a civvie.

What would Made have to gain by using a false forced vote? This just got him extra attention. Also, let's say someone claims they were forced to vote and he calls them a liar. We then follow him and lynch that person only to find they were civs. That makes Made look really bad.
But just so I get this right, Made, you're claiming that you have to vote for Boomslang this day? That doesn't make sense either. If we know it's forced, what's the point of forcing you at this stage and letting you tell us about it? The only thing I can think of that makes sense is if he's a baddie and by letting us know you're forced to vote him, it makes us think he's a civ. :confused:

Not sure what I think of DH's very thought out plan. What makes more sense to people who know him, that he really came up with that plan before the game started, or that he unintentionally got too much attention and was forced to come up with a plan to shift people's opinions?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

For now just posting in case zeek has more to say.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP BR. :( That's super sad. Especially in light of what the contest actually ended up being. We would have been good partners :noble:

OK - so last night - I got home at 1:30 am - was up today at 6:30 am - had a dental appointment - came home with enough time to eat lunch and catch the bus to work. Just got done with a busy night at work and I'm about a beer in so....forgive me if I don't make much sense. I'm happy to clarify anything that seems too odd.

To answer your question SVS - I voted DH yesterday because at the start of things (re: federal case) that he wasn't out right accusing you of bts but rather trying to lay an egg and hope someone would jump on it leaving his hands clean. I said as much at the time. As I read along at work - the next incident - though clarified after the fact - felt again like another instance of trying to imply that you were bad without doing anything to dirty his hands about it. It was the best I had on day 1. I didn't quite get what ya'll were seeing in MM so I followed my own read. Not sure if I feel the same about DH or not today. Now that he says he had a well thought out plan and did everything during day 1 with a purpose, I'd like to hear some more details about what that purpose was and what his results were because they still feel ingenuine to me. Vauge references don't really help that gut feeling I have of him not being genuine in what he's saying.

DH- help a sista out - if you skipped the above paragraph - what were you trying to accomplish Day 1? Do you feel like you fleshed out anything useful? If so what? and how?

re: BR's NK. I get why people think it's odd, but it's really not. It's GREAT WIFOM for both DH and TH. Either one or both of them is bad and NKed her with the "obviously we'd never do this -we're being framed defense" or Obviously they are being framed. I don't really see a way to flesh that out. And BR's not exactly a poor player on her own account. IF one or both of DH and TH are civ, then it's really rather perfect for a mafia kill. You potentially take down 3 really strong players with one NK. IF DH and/or TH are not civ, they get rid of a thorn in their side early on a day where reasonable doubt is still pretty viable. I'm frightened of a baddie team that has both TH and DH on it. I'm also equally frightened by a baddie team that could frame two strong potential civs with the death of BR.

re: roxy - last game I played with her she was what I thought of as unusally agressive. Not testy as has been discribed here, but agressive. I'm getting the same sort of agressive feel from her posts but not quite as desperate as they were in the KSITE game. FZ - you played the other game as well - am I making sense? I'm pretty undecided on Rox at the moment.

re: made - I have to admit made - dude. I read your post about being forced to vote and I was all wait? wot? But we didn't have a day 0. That was my tired bad. After your clarification that you are being blackmailed this day, I understand what you were saying. Llama (I think? I want to give credit where credit is due) pointed out that Mr Body is the force vote so by taking the force it implies that you have something to hide. When I read that I was all....dayum. Good point llama. Crap - we may have caught a baddie.

Then I went back and looked at the roles again. (Yes - I do have to do this all the fracking time) - I can see soooooo many civ roles that might not want that info about them out in the thread. Face of Boe for example would have a huge target from BOTH baddie teams and prolly several indies too if his role was revealed. Rouge and Odin prolly don't want their role revealed either. There are more, those were just the more glaring examples I still remember from my quick scan. Also - there is no saying in the role list on how the info about said player is actually given to Mr. Body - is it possible that if you take the blackmail, Mr Body doesn't get the info about your role? Because I'm not sure I see ballance if Mr Body picks a player and is given info that he can share with his baddie team before said player accepts or declines the bribe.

So yea - that's where my thoughts are at the moment. I'm a bit concerned that due to the contest some of the stuff I talked about will be difficult to get responses/answers too. Sad Bea is sad because while I can post when I will due to having no partner, we lost BR, I'm still crapton busy so it's not like I'm going to be more vocal and also BR and I can haz no prize. :(

Epi and Eloh! OMG! So sorry to hear about your furnace but SO glad it crapped out rather than setting your home on fire. That sucks lots, but knowing you both, I can just picture the whole family cuddled together under the big pile of blankies and telling stories and it becoming one of those family stories that 20 years later are a treasure. I hope things get fixed soon for you though because you need to not be living under a pile of blankies!

linki - hi snowy! Look forward to hearing more thoughts from you too! I know you can't post till zeek does, but it's like 3 am here - is this an actual respecable hour in the morning for you guys? I suck at time zones.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

I'd also like a bit more clarification on your D1 play, DH? What exactly were you trying to accomplish? I'm more than happy to look at someone else today provided I'm satisfied at what you say you were doing. Were you specifically trying to catch Made out? I'm a bit confused.

As for Made - I'm not sure I buy this blackmailing. Even if it is true, surely that means he has something to hide by conforming to it. Maybe you just have a powerful civ role, I dunno. Do you know for sure it wasn't Boddy?

I found the whole thing about asking for words for the PM suspect as well. If we all believe you, you can now call someone a liar if they say they were blackmailed and don't match the third word of the PM you received. Gives you a bit more weight in the game :ponder:

Over to you, Snow Doggy Dog :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:I'd also like a bit more clarification on your D1 play, DH? What exactly were you trying to accomplish? I'm more than happy to look at someone else today provided I'm satisfied at what you say you were doing. Were you specifically trying to catch Made out? I'm a bit confused.

As for Made - I'm not sure I buy this blackmailing. Even if it is true, surely that means he has something to hide by conforming to it. Maybe you just have a powerful civ role, I dunno. Do you know for sure it wasn't Boddy?

I found the whole thing about asking for words for the PM suspect as well. If we all believe you, you can now call someone a liar if they say they were blackmailed and don't match the third word of the PM you received. Gives you a bit more weight in the game :ponder:

Quoting Zeek but answering Roxy/Zeek/whoever has questions about it.

Well, like some people were saying, my goal was to play against type, to do things/say things/go after people that I wouldn't, normally, and to behave as opposite my Misfits behavior as possible. I tried to contrast that game specifically to see if anyone who played it (SVS, Made, etc) caught onto that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Regarding "what would Made have to gain by lying":

If he is indeed being blackmailed, he would have good reason to claim it is one of the secret roles and not Mr. Boddy, because if it is Mr. Boddy, it means he has something to hide.
If he is not being blackmailed or forced at all, I suspect he just wants to hurt the credibility of people whose votes are forced in the future. Maybe he IS Mr. Boddy, and hopes to expand his own power by not only blackmailing people, but making an example of those who refuse to be blackmailed.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I did mean "Bea" and not "Roxy." The two of them are filed under "sweet awesome cool ladies" in my brain place and so they get confused sometimes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

zeek wrote:I'd also like a bit more clarification on your D1 play, DH? What exactly were you trying to accomplish? I'm more than happy to look at someone else today provided I'm satisfied at what you say you were doing. Were you specifically trying to catch Made out? I'm a bit confused.

Why wouldn't you buy it? I'm not saying he's confirmed civ because after N1 he came out and said his vote was forced (hellz bellz he could be on the baddie team with Body and they are using it to gain cred) - but what I am saying is I can see lots of reasons why a civ would take the blackmail.

As far as the "pm word matching thing." I think it was a decent idea on Made's part to have, but for ballance reasons I think Epi as a host might potentially throw gears into that plan.

Before you said it, did DH say he was trying to attract Made's attention? Because I feel like that never happened till you said it and now he's saying he wanted Made and SVS to respond to his D1 style. You see where this might look fishy to me right?

llama - can you really see no civ reason why a person might sucumb to Mr Body's blackmail? Am I really the only person that thinks that someone like the person who holds rouge's role or odin's role or boe's role MIGHT NOT want that to be common knowledge? I'm not at all saying Made has one of those roles, but to dimsiss the posibility so quickly and assuradly just seems flat out odd to me. What am I missing?

DH - I shall re-read your last post with myself in mind. It's starting to get to the cray -cray part of my "ya'll got a good nights rest, I'm just now winding down" point.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote: llama - can you really see no civ reason why a person might sucumb to Mr Body's blackmail? Am I really the only person that thinks that someone like the person who holds rouge's role or odin's role or boe's role MIGHT NOT want that to be common knowledge? I'm not at all saying Made has one of those roles, but to dimsiss the posibility so quickly and assuradly just seems flat out odd to me. What am I missing?
When did I dismiss that possibility? Of course it's possible, but surely you must understand that baddies have more to lose from blackmail than civvies.

Are you only going to vote for people if there is NO POSSIBILITY that they are civvie?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

bea wrote:Epi and Eloh! OMG! So sorry to hear about your furnace but SO glad it crapped out rather than setting your home on fire. That sucks lots, but knowing you both, I can just picture the whole family cuddled together under the big pile of blankies and telling stories and it becoming one of those family stories that 20 years later are a treasure. I hope things get fixed soon for you though because you need to not be living under a pile of blankies!
It was more like watching Once Upon a Time and eating popcorn. I warmed a mug of red vermouth and Angostura bitters and sipped that. As much as I love beer, a 50F home makes the experience of drinking it a little less enjoyable. At bedtime, I brewed some roobios tea and let Mr. Tolkien put me to sleep (Treebeard was always good at that). Hrum hroom.

Now I am at work and Eloh took the kids to her friend's house nearby.

Speaking of Tolkien, Eloh and I got into an argument this morning during the drive. In my Irish accent, I promised her that even though we must leave The Shire, there would be wonderful things to eat and do in Rivendell. She said she would tell her friend that I called her house Rivendell, but that no way our neighborhood was The Shire. I disagreed: There's clearly plenty to eat because look at all the overweight folk. The children run around outside with no shoes on. And there's a strong penchant for the smoking of weed. And the chubby fellow across the street cuts our grass and tends to our hedges. We most certainly are The Shire.

Now I am spending the next several hours in Mordor. :eye:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Well, like some people were saying, my goal was to play against type, to do things/say things/go after people that I wouldn't, normally, and to behave as opposite my Misfits behavior as possible. I tried to contrast that game specifically to see if anyone who played it (SVS, Made, etc) caught onto that.
I'm assuming this is the post you meant was directed toward me and not Rox (it's great company to be confused with btw. :noble:)

My question to you is - you say you did this to target a specific group of people who played THAT particular game. Well what about the rest of us? You had to know that MOST of us didn't play that game and were/are going to take you at face value. And if you remove yourself from the fact that it's you and pretend any other player did what you did - you have to admit, it's pretty frackin' sketchy. Did the info you claim to have been seeking from a few pay off for the fact that I kinda really don't trust you right now DH?

llama - you didn't dismiss it - but you didn't exactly point it out as a possibility right? You were pretty quick to jump on the idea that Made obviously took Body's blackmail because he must be hiding something nafarious. I feel like we are approaching the potentially same idea from different sides? Am I wrong?

Mordor sucks it. Especially if there is bus duty involoved :(
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Thanks zeek.

I was considering a boomslang vote today but what with events I am less sure. Also Logan still has me worried. I will reread DH I think before I make up my mind on him.

And for those attempts to show a picture of Zeek and I, I present our true picture.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

You make some good points, bea. I'll take them onboard but I think the way Made's gone about saying he's been blackmailed weird. I said myself he could be a powerful civ trying not to be outted, but this is the sort of thing that could easily be a ploy to get civ cred. I mean, he said he's not going to post the exact message which means he potentially could. I can't help thinking he's avoiding trying to write a PM that looks like its written by Epi. Of course, either way it makes him a potential lynch candidate to post he's been blackmailed. I don't know he'd be so bold so early given how quickly he's been lynched in other games.
bea wrote:Before you said it, did DH say he was trying to attract Made's attention? Because I feel like that never happened till you said it and now he's saying he wanted Made and SVS to respond to his D1 style. You see where this might look fishy to me right?
This post is the one I read as him fishing for a reaction from Made.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote: llama - you didn't dismiss it - but you didn't exactly point it out as a possibility right? You were pretty quick to jump on the idea that Made obviously took Body's blackmail because he must be hiding something nafarious. I feel like we are approaching the potentially same idea from different sides? Am I wrong?
I have a suspicion and I'm running with it. It seems silly to say "oh gee, maybe my suspicion is wrong." Yeah, maybe it is. But that is true of everyone's suspicions. YOu gotta go with what you have, and play the odds. I think the odds are that Made is bad.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote: llama - you didn't dismiss it - but you didn't exactly point it out as a possibility right? You were pretty quick to jump on the idea that Made obviously took Body's blackmail because he must be hiding something nafarious. I feel like we are approaching the potentially same idea from different sides? Am I wrong?
I have a suspicion and I'm running with it. It seems silly to say "oh gee, maybe my suspicion is wrong." Yeah, maybe it is. But that is true of everyone's suspicions. YOu gotta go with what you have, and play the odds. I think the odds are that Made is bad.
Made always looks bad. I know this from the Cars game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Thanks for the point, llama :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm assuming this is the post you meant was directed toward me and not Rox (it's great company to be confused with btw. :noble:)

My question to you is - you say you did this to target a specific group of people who played THAT particular game. Well what about the rest of us? You had to know that MOST of us didn't play that game and were/are going to take you at face value. And if you remove yourself from the fact that it's you and pretend any other player did what you did - you have to admit, it's pretty frackin' sketchy. Did the info you claim to have been seeking from a few pay off for the fact that I kinda really don't trust you right now DH?

llama - you didn't dismiss it - but you didn't exactly point it out as a possibility right? You were pretty quick to jump on the idea that Made obviously took Body's blackmail because he must be hiding something nafarious. I feel like we are approaching the potentially same idea from different sides? Am I wrong?

Mordor sucks it. Especially if there is bus duty involoved :(

The primary targets were the Misfits players, but everyone else was also under observation, for sure. Just because you didn't play Misfits doesn't mean I wasn't keeping an eye out for how you reacted to my scheme, in other words.

Linki - Nice going partner.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I want to know why llama has been trying to bait me since being such a troll atthe beginning of the game with his socky award comment and then after I do get upset at the thought off hurting Mongooses feelings - she - not llama - tell me it was llama being a goblinesque troll. I felt it was just mean tbh. Then when I did post he starts with this - is Roxy being extra testy bs.

Lemme answer you - you bet I am testy after your stunt. idk why you are trying to wind me up but I am not going to let your little troll-like ways destroy any fun that I might be able to glean from this game.

What is your point? Answer your own question - am I being testy? Then answer mine - why would I be testy after your goblin troll stunt?

Are you only finding me suspicious? bc tbqh you are making suspect you bc of the way you are acting towards me. Have I done something to make you personally mad at me? Have I upset you bc I said I wanted to vote you for using the word idiom?

I hope fz will post again if not I will post and give points to people I do not have at the bottom of my list.
;)

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”