The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:Then there's llama. He has his own logic, but I feel like he's choosing to ignore all other logic. Usually, he addresses it and then proceed with his choice. Still, I have been blamed for not answering people's questions as a civ many times. Sometimes, it's because you're a civ, that you don't care as much how you're perceived, so you just ignore things that you wouldn't as a baddie.
He did this in Monopoly mafia as well. He came after me all game with a logically flawed case, and when I pointed out those flaws he ignored them and wouldn't respond to me. He stated post-game that his entire goal that game was to get me lynched. He was an indie role, but then again we all were...

I don't know if it makes him bad, but it definitely isn't helping.

I wish LC would give up on the posting contest and join the discussion. He silently moved his vote from DH to Made after Made came in with the forced vote story.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by FZ. »

where can we see the points
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Fine, screw the contest. Has anyone tried PMing the host and asking if we are allowed to tell the thread that Mr Boddy is blackmailing us? I tried it, and found it informative, considering Made said he did the same. I got a one-word answer, I wonder if Made can match the key?

Severus Snape? If he did this to Made then it's Civvie-spawned and it's on his head. I find that doubtful anyway, just one man's opinion.

I still suspect DH quite a bit and if you wanna lynch him, I'll be there. I just feel like the Made thing has more solidity. The only logic I could see in faking it is that this exact result would happen, that people start saying a baddie would'nt do it to themselves... Not strong, but it did happen. Maybe the people saying it are his baddie teammates. Nothing I'd pursue unless Made was confirmed bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, screw the contest.
First, how do you guys know who is ranked where in the points?

Second, LC, I'm not sure I got what you said. You asked Epig if you can say you've been forced and he said no? Or did I misunderstand?
I'm kind of at loss when it comes to DH. I don't know how he plays. I've played maybe 2 games with him. I've asked this but people didn't answer. Is he the kind to come up with a plan like that when he starts the game, or is he more the type of player that would make up something like that when he's garnered too much attention?

Why are people so inclined to think he's bad?

What do you all think about Dom and DF? I might have written in a previous post DH instead of DF. If so, I meant DF
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Sorry about not being around Snowy.

Top 3 suspects right now:
1. DharmaHelper - His D1 behaviour was apparently a bit of a ruse. Maybe, but turning it around the next Day is certainly one way to try to escape a second close lynching. He's kind of leading the way for us at the moment, being so prominant, and I'm still not comfortable with his gameplay given his change. Additionally, as others have said, I wouldn't put it past him to bump off BR and attempt to WIFOM his way out of it.
2. Made - There's a lot of discussion about what would he gain from lying about all this. Maybe civ cred. On reflection, I don't think he's lying but I still find the posts he's made strange. Something just hasn't sat right with me about how he's told us. Can't put my finger on it and I know he can't answer gut worries.
3. llama - Filling out the list is DH's partner in crime. This is a very weak suspicion but he and DH seem very much on the same page, so that's why he's on here. It doesn't strike me as very llama-like to buddy up with a Mafia teammate but I don't know him that well so maybe he's bold enough for it. Got nothing else.

On balance, I'd be more comfortable lynching DH again but I'll be up for a Made vote as well. Sticking my vote on DH for now. I'll be back later guys.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Sorry Snow Dog.
Long Con wrote:Has anyone tried PMing the host and asking if we are allowed to tell the thread that Mr Boddy is blackmailing us? I tried it, and found it informative, considering Made said he did the same. I got a one-word answer, I wonder if Made can match the key?
I'm voting Made, because I just did this.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

sorry FZ. I am super busy today.

LC what was Epi's response?
I am still not sure of what to make of DH. I played Misfits too but he often does things to start convo but he does this irregardless of alignment.
As for Made - idk what to think if LC would answer it would shed light on the situation. I do know Epi does thing differently as a Host in most every game he hosts - most hosts do things different from each other otherwise games would be quite boring.

Staying with my llama suspicion. if he is civ it is very uncivvieliketo not answer peoples posts and questions and give some sort of reasoning for the way he has acted in the game so far.
;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:LC, I'm not sure I got what you said. You asked Epig if you can say you've been forced and he said no?
:srsnod:

I should note that I only asked in relation to Mr Boddy, so it wouldn't cover any secret weird stuff from another role. I think the answer would be the same.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Just PMed Epignosis, awaiting reply...
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

Since I'm pretty sure I'm out of the contest anyway and llama has been MIA and/or outright ducking, Here are some of my thoughts.
Made wrote:lezzz go homie, i gotcha playbook.
You mean from Misfits, when I pretended my Bullzeye vote was forced? That playbook?

Made has been getting some very sly and subtle support as well, something that lends some weight to his baddieness. :shrug:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My support for Made is based entirely upon the fact that I assumed his behavior was within the rules of the game, I'm waiting to hear if that's the case.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

I don't know what to think. I mean I really don't think Made's claim about a forced vote is believable. But, even if it is a lie, does that mean he isn't a civvie? From my experience, some civvies like to do/say crazy things and don't even have a real reason behind it. For some reason, my gut is telling me that this is what's happened.

I've reread some people (I know there isn't much to go on) and my gut tells me Zeek is bad. And him voting 4th for Made makes sense if my theory of a civvie Made is correct.

*votes zeek*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

DharmaHelper wrote:RE: Dom/Boomslang/INH

I don't like the idea of placing suspicion on someone who is absent. That said, I too would like to see more from INH.
I'm not saying I want an INH lynch due to absence, I'm just personally peeved that he hasn't said anything, which has discouraged me from posting due to the contest. I'm also more unsure than I think most people are about the Made case. Putting out something so straightforward and fact-checkable as "my vote was forced" seems like a foolish baddie move. I know we've gotten interesting evidence from the host, but there are a good deal of secrets in this game as well. The play-acting versus truth argument quickly gets very WIFOM-esque...
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry for not being around, gentlemen. I have been busy. I'll catch up before the lynch vote ends. I have things to say to you, Turnip Head.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A lot of votes coming in for me out of the blue. I find that odd, but I guess it's not the first time I've been drummed out of a game ealry.

TH: There are many reasons why Made would lie, some civ, some not. My belief, personally, is in the following scenario.

Made lied about his vote being forced more or less as an experiment, the same way INH lied about his baddie catching engine. I don't think he expected the amount of backlash he got. So far, none of this outright points to a baddie, because civs lie about this kind of stuff too. But when I called him out about Mr. Boddy being the only vote forcing role, he denied it, falling back on *secrets* which I am not buying. I think a civ would have come clean at this point. The fact that Made did not makes me think he is bad.

Roxy/SVS/MP: What's all this trumped up hoopla about me trolling Roxy or trying to get her lynched? I noticed what I perceived to be a difference in her behavior, and merely asked if anyone else had noticed it. If you don't want to have those kinds of discussions, fine, but I thought that kind of talk was the whole point of these early days. Never did I suggest that I thought Roxy was bad or intended to vote for her, and it is disingenuous of you to use this as a reason for voting for me.

Snow Dog: I never said I ONLY goof around when good, but I stand by my self-analysis that I feel more free to be goofy without a team to support.

DH: You seem super pissed off at me for making a mistake in the tag team game. I'm sorry, it was my bad, but after all you did pick me, not the other way around. Sometimes life takes precedence over mafia, so I'm sorry I have not been here as much as you would like.

Assuming I survive this lynch, MP will be high on my list of suspects for misrepresenting me and using it as the basis for his vote.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:A lot of votes coming in for me out of the blue. I find that odd, but I guess it's not the first time I've been drummed out of a game ealry.

TH: There are many reasons why Made would lie, some civ, some not. My belief, personally, is in the following scenario.

Made lied about his vote being forced more or less as an experiment, the same way INH lied about his baddie catching engine. I don't think he expected the amount of backlash he got. So far, none of this outright points to a baddie, because civs lie about this kind of stuff too. But when I called him out about Mr. Boddy being the only vote forcing role, he denied it, falling back on *secrets* which I am not buying. I think a civ would have come clean at this point. The fact that Made did not makes me think he is bad.

Roxy/SVS/MP: What's all this trumped up hoopla about me trolling Roxy or trying to get her lynched? I noticed what I perceived to be a difference in her behavior, and merely asked if anyone else had noticed it. If you don't want to have those kinds of discussions, fine, but I thought that kind of talk was the whole point of these early days. Never did I suggest that I thought Roxy was bad or intended to vote for her, and it is disingenuous of you to use this as a reason for voting for me.

Snow Dog: I never said I ONLY goof around when good, but I stand by my self-analysis that I feel more free to be goofy without a team to support.

DH: You seem super pissed off at me for making a mistake in the tag team game. I'm sorry, it was my bad, but after all you did pick me, not the other way around. Sometimes life takes precedence over mafia, so I'm sorry I have not been here as much as you would like.

Assuming I survive this lynch, MP will be high on my list of suspects for misrepresenting me and using it as the basis for his vote.

Lol, I'm not pissed in the slightest. It's all good :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:
The people I'm most suspicious as of now, are Dom, DF and INH, but his absence makes me want to wait.
The whole Boomslang thing that Dom keeps bringing up is just something I don't get. The fact that someone isn't logic enough, or continues to not see your own logic, does not make him bad. Then, like I said before, I still don't see how what Made has done makes sense as a baddie. It's a silly tactic as a baddie. Wouldn't any of his team mates tell him it's silly? So Dom's case on him is another thing I don't like about Dom.
Let me get this straight....
You do not see my logic, therefore you suspect me.
HOWEVER, that is the very logic you are not seeing.
Curious.
Long Con wrote:Fine, screw the contest. Has anyone tried PMing the host and asking if we are allowed to tell the thread that Mr Boddy is blackmailing us? I tried it, and found it informative, considering Made said he did the same. I got a one-word answer, I wonder if Made can match the key?
I assume it was "no". :p
thellama73 wrote: Made lied about his vote being forced more or less as an experiment, the same way INH lied about his baddie catching engine. I don't think he expected the amount of backlash he got. So far, none of this outright points to a baddie, because civs lie about this kind of stuff too. But when I called him out about Mr. Boddy being the only vote forcing role, he denied it, falling back on *secrets* which I am not buying. I think a civ would have come clean at this point. The fact that Made did not makes me think he is bad.
How do you know this?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh good. I'm glad we can still be friends. :hugs:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have my own thoughts on the llama suspicion, but until/unless we see whats up with Made it boils down to just "I'm not buying it" for now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Welp, ok, so screw contest, I kinda enjoy being alive... responding to things in reverse order:
zeek wrote:Sorry Snow Dog.
Long Con wrote:Has anyone tried PMing the host and asking if we are allowed to tell the thread that Mr Boddy is blackmailing us? I tried it, and found it informative, considering Made said he did the same. I got a one-word answer, I wonder if Made can match the key?
I'm voting Made, because I just did this.
I'm not forced by boddy tho. I asked, waiting for a response. Just a thought tho... the message i got referred to a specific role, but also was a relatively vague threat of death, nothing like "if you don't vote boomslang, you will die". Maybe there's more to this secret role than instadeath?
Re: MP
I answered the questions in purple

Is there anything else i'm missing?
also read over Boomslang suspicions, weird stuff tbh. I'd assume whoever forced my vote would of assumed my forced vote would not be able to point back to them, therefore, they probably wouldn't of created a WIFOM type situation, right?

linki-
DharmaHelper wrote:Since I'm pretty sure I'm out of the contest anyway and llama has been MIA and/or outright ducking, Here are some of my thoughts.
Made wrote:lezzz go homie, i gotcha playbook.
You mean from Misfits, when I pretended my Bullzeye vote was forced? That playbook?
Kinda...Do you remember the conversation we had following a game of Resistance? Gave some interesting insight on how you view deception...
Turnip Head wrote:My support for Made is based entirely upon the fact that I assumed his behavior was within the rules of the game, I'm waiting to hear if that's the case.
I've run into this issue before. For all other games i've played, if claiming something is disallowed when it's true, then claiming something when it's false also isn't allowed. That said, still waiting for a PM.

and more linki:
thellama73 wrote:A lot of votes coming in for me out of the blue. I find that odd, but I guess it's not the first time I've been drummed out of a game ealry.

I didn't post who forced my vote because saving the information would work as a key. If my vote were forced by Mr Boddy, I'd have no reason to believe that a secret player could force votes, and would've made it clear that Boddy forced mine. Skimming through my post now for exact phrasing.

Got a message from Epig...this could get really interesting really fast.....
Pov: you reading my takes
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Made lied about his vote being forced more or less as an experiment, the same way INH lied about his baddie catching engine. I don't think he expected the amount of backlash he got. So far, none of this outright points to a baddie, because civs lie about this kind of stuff too. But when I called him out about Mr. Boddy being the only vote forcing role, he denied it, falling back on *secrets* which I am not buying. I think a civ would have come clean at this point. The fact that Made did not makes me think he is bad.
How do you know this?
I don't. If you had read the previous sentence, you would have seen that I was responding to a request from Turnip Head to outline a scenario in which it would make sense for Made to lie. That is the scenario I believe to be the case, but of course I can't prove it.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Boomslang wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:RE: Dom/Boomslang/INH

I don't like the idea of placing suspicion on someone who is absent. That said, I too would like to see more from INH.
I'm not saying I want an INH lynch due to absence, I'm just personally peeved that he hasn't said anything, which has discouraged me from posting due to the contest. I'm also more unsure than I think most people are about the Made case. Putting out something so straightforward and fact-checkable as "my vote was forced" seems like a foolish baddie move. I know we've gotten interesting evidence from the host, but there are a good deal of secrets in this game as well. The play-acting versus truth argument quickly gets very WIFOM-esque...
I just looked at the roles again, and it's possible INH got silenced...

Also, the face of Boe allows you to pick a line and check if it's true or false. So unless one of the two options just happened, I don't see Made being that stupid:
1. He's a baddie and they NK BR which comes out as the face of Boe and they deicide they can't be caught. Note that there's also a role which us to role check a dead person, so this is not likely
2. The baddies actually forced one of their own to somehow make them look good. I don't know why they would waste a vote, when they can have someone lynched, but if we take into consideration, that the odds of us getting a baddie in the lynch are lower, maybe it does make sense. But since it gets him a lot of attention, the only good thing that would come out of something like that is if both Made and Boomslang are baddies together and they thought at least one of them would look like a civ

linki: Dom, I think that the fact that he doesn't agree with your logic doesn't make him a baddie, and the fact that you can't acknowledge that makes you seem fishy. I'll take it to an extreme. The fact that someone is stupid (no implying Boomslang is stupid), doesn't make him bad. And when you use that to make someone look bad, you should be judged by the same standards. So the conclusion is either you reasoning was flawed, or you're bad

more linki: Made, I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, the answer I got was no, you are not allowed to say your vote was forced if it has been forced. But Made also never said that Mr. Boddy was the one responsible... perhaps Made is being compelled to say his vote was forced, and a secret role is responsible. That's the only scenario I can see that makes any sense and still be within the rules of the game. I still see no reason for Made to lie about any of this when he wasn't even in the hot seat previously. I'm still inclined to trust him.

And like FZ just said, Face of Boe should hopefully still be out there to check out Made tonight.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I also sent Epi the question and recieved an answer, and based on that answer can determine Made is a liar. I know there is an argument that says even if he lied about that he may not be bad but I just don't see it that way. Why would a civ lie about that? To get a response? What kind of response? And remember how he said he had some kind of plan if Epi screwed him (not his words but I'm pretty sure I'm paraphrasing)? I thought that was pingy when he said it. So now lets see if he comes up with a reason Epi would not tell us the truth. So, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Made and then if he comes on and defends it to the point I believe him, or something even more concrete comes out about someone else I will change my vote.

Speaking of votes, several people have named DF as someone who could be bad. I read everything he's posted which isn't much and nothing jumped out at me. What is the crux of the argument DF is a baddie? I tried to search to see exactly what people have said about him but you can't search two letters. I also tried to search 'llama' to try and understand a little more about the case against him but it said llama was a word that was too common. Ha! Common?? But anyway, whats up with the DF suspicion?

linky i see made replied so I will read his response before I vote and if there is anything that makes me back down I just won't vote
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:Why would a civ lie about that?
Why would anyone lie about this?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If Made wanted to come up with this lie... don't you think he would have asked Epi the same question we all just did?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:
linki: Dom, I think that the fact that he doesn't agree with your logic doesn't make him a baddie, and the fact that you can't acknowledge that makes you seem fishy. I'll take it to an extreme. The fact that someone is stupid (no implying Boomslang is stupid), doesn't make him bad. And when you use that to make someone look bad, you should be judged by the same standards. So the conclusion is either you reasoning was flawed, or you're bad/quote]
You are using the same logic I am, FZ. The exact same logic.
Why am I bad for using that logic, but you are not?
This is strange. I suspect Boomslang because I pointed out the flaws in his logic and he refuses to acknowledge them, etc. You are saying that I must be bad because my logic is flawed and I am not recognizing the flaws in my logic. . . surely you see this??
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:Why would a civ lie about that?
Why would anyone lie about this?
A few different reasons why a baddie might have been pointed out.
Am I sure of them? No. Do I think Made is hiding something? Yes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Elohcin wrote:I've reread some people (I know there isn't much to go on) and my gut tells me Zeek is bad. And him voting 4th for Made makes sense if my theory of a civvie Made is correct.

*votes zeek*
Well I can't dispute gut, can I? I presume this weak ass vote is so that you don't have to vote your teammate. Welcome to the list.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:A few different reasons why a baddie might have been pointed out.
But is he being forced to hide something? That's the question in my mind.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I've reread some people (I know there isn't much to go on) and my gut tells me Zeek is bad. And him voting 4th for Made makes sense if my theory of a civvie Made is correct.

*votes zeek*
Well I can't dispute gut, can I? I presume this weak ass vote is so that you don't have to vote your teammate. Welcome to the list.

Dang son, shots fired.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks, Bass :D One post is OK. I was out today as well.

At Dom~ no I am not saying I think Made is a civvie. I have no idea. I do not agree that he is bad for the reasons people are saying. Dom, do you still feel Boom fits the profile of someone who is bad? Also @ Dom, I said Made asks lots of questions, and he does. My meaning was that he would have verified it was OK with Epi before he posted what he posted. IF it is a lie, I don't see what benefit it would bring him as a baddie. And I have lied when civ to protect myself and others; I think most of us have when push comes to shove. But making a huge lie in a game with an LD seems like a bad idea. So :shrug:

Since my partner will not be around today (I am not a fan of a contest that basically keeps people from posting, just like I am not a fan of silencing. And I think we have 2 silencers? With this contest, we won't really even know for sure if someone is silenced) this is it for me. I think if Made is pulling shenanigans, he is more likely to be civ IMO. When i have seen him bad he tends to play it a bit closer to the vest. But I have seen more of him civ, and he is a crazy crap kinda guy. I think MP made some solid points, and observations. If things are getting tight I might change my vote without posting obvs.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Turnip Head wrote:Okay, the answer I got was no, you are not allowed to say your vote was forced if it has been forced. But Made also never said that Mr. Boddy was the one responsible... perhaps Made is being compelled to say his vote was forced, and a secret role is responsible. That's the only scenario I can see that makes any sense and still be within the rules of the game. I still see no reason for Made to lie about any of this when he wasn't even in the hot seat previously. I'm still inclined to trust him.

And like FZ just said, Face of Boe should hopefully still be out there to check out Made tonight.
holy crap, face of boe, forgot about him, good stuff.

Inorder to make sure you don't get a false positive Boe, check this message
I, Made, was told in a host pm that I might die if i didn't vote boomslang.

That out of the my current theory is this...kinda tying into the above phrasing.

As i said previous, I was told to vote boomslang or I would die, but it wasn't a straight threat. It was a "if you don't vote boomslang, I can't insure that you'll live" kinda thing. That was not the phrasing used in the message, but to the same effect. That said, maybe the vague phrasing is part of it? Maybe, this role doesn't have the power to force votes but convince people their vote is forced?
It would be a role similar to I think it was Monty python. In that game a person is told they get to kill someone if they vote someway or agree or something, but in actuality, the role gets a chance to kill whoever they want, regardless of who their victim picked.

with the fact that Boddy's vote forces silence, and my forced vote does not, maybe that proves something else is going on?

oh, and i'm not cursed. Given, i'd very much assume someone couldn't admit to being cursed, i haven't asked because i'm not cursed. Also, the curse doesn't include a clause that says something to likes of "you must respond no, to every time some say you're cursed" because someone suggested this earlier, and I didn't reply to that message.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, I will not be voting for Made. I am convinced he's telling the truth about what has transpired. That doesn't automatically make him a civvie, but it keeps him off my suspect list for now.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
Dom wrote:A few different reasons why a baddie might have been pointed out.
But is he being forced to hide something? That's the question in my mind.
It seems too convenient an explanation by half to me. I don't like making up imaginary powers and assuming they exist in the secrets rather than taking the face value explanation of the evidence we have, which is that Made is not being honest with us. That latest "oh I got a message from Epi. This should be interesting" but felt especially dishonest.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Keep in mind that there is likely 1 - 4 people who are pretty pissed at Made for spilling the beans here...
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by insertnamehere »

Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:
Made wrote:Hey, yo guys, so uh my vote was forced so I'm just gonna get that out of the way now.

Voting Boomslang.

I'm not going to post the exact message, so that way we can have a sort of key to prove when someone is telling the truth, and someone is lying about being vote forced.

So next time someone claims votes force i'll ask for like the 5th or 3rd word in the message and if they match up, they're clear.

Thoughts?
I don't believe you. I think you are bad :)
Let's analyze this for a moment:
I do not believe for a second Epig would allow someone to say their vote is forced. Made is not new anymore and should know this is generally frowned upon. Here's where the logic breaks down for me:
1) You say you won't post the exact message so you can use it as a key to see if people are lying about forced votes. You cannot copy and paste host PMs, anyway. that is a standard rule of mafia since the dawn of time.
2) And then, we're supposed to just believe you about the coded message? Why?
3) And I'm supposed to believe that Epig would let the integrity of a role die like this?

None of this adds up to me. Welcome to the suspicion list.

Boomslang, who do you advocate for lynching?
Well, I've been trying to wait for INH to acknowledge my existence, as I tagged him for my partner and I don't want to hand out points to other teams willy-nilly. But I feel like it's been long enough to at least acknowledge that he hasn't posted yet in Day 2 and didn't vote in the partner poll, both of which are a little pingy. I've been left high and dry here.
First off, I've been fairly busy with my own game, and with real life things. So, I'm sorry that I haven't been super duper active lately.

Personally, I've found all of your attitude towards me to be more than a little bit "pingy".

So, during Day 1, I post saying that one of your quotes sounds pretty stupid, and that combined with some other "pingy" actions by you caused me to throw a vote your way.

You respond by accusing me of accusing you of sexism, which is pretty obviously false to anyone who actually read what I said, and dodging all questions.

Then, you decide to choose me as your partner as an "olive branch". Ha. I'm guessing that you thought that maybe everyone would be listed on the poll with their partner, and that you would force me to not vote for you, or something along those lines.

I already knew that since Boomslang voted for me, I was already locked into having him as my partner. So I thought that me also voting for him would be kind of unnecessary. Not sure how that is "pingy".

I've been unable to post here since Night 1, which really isn't that long ago.

Apparently, since I've been gone, Boomslang is now saying that the fact that I've been gone for 2 days is suddenly super-suspicious.

I think that he is just using my brief absence as an excuse to lynch one of his accusers.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok Llama. i think I am satisfied for now.

Made still not sure about. damn. Made is so easy to suspect but that don't make him bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

juliets wrote: Speaking of votes, several people have named DF as someone who could be bad. I read everything he's posted which isn't much and nothing jumped out at me. What is the crux of the argument DF is a baddie? I tried to search to see exactly what people have said about him but you can't search two letters. I also tried to search 'llama' to try and understand a little more about the case against him but it said llama was a word that was too common. Ha! Common?? But anyway, whats up with the DF suspicion?
I think the suspicion of me has something to do with my MM vote not having a strong reason. And they're right, it didn't have a strong reason. I voted hastily and was wrong about him. :shrug:

Anyway, I don't know what to think of Made. I do think it's odd that he would pretend to be forced, but on the other hand, I don't see why a baddie would draw attention to themselves out of the blue like that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

SVS changed her vote to llama, btw. In case she hasn't had the chance to say so yet.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I also want to point out the implications of TH's "Made is being forced to say things by a secret role" theory. If we accept this, we give every player an easy out from suspicion for the rest of the game. Any time from here on out that anyone says "Ah ha! So and so made a slip! He must be bad" they can come back and say "I was forced to do it. Secret role." Am I the only one who sees how dangerous this is?

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote: oh, and i'm not cursed. Given, i'd very much assume someone couldn't admit to being cursed, i haven't asked because i'm not cursed. Also, the curse doesn't include a clause that says something to likes of "you must respond no, to every time some say you're cursed" because someone suggested this earlier, and I didn't reply to that message.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Just posting cause llama seems like he's ready to flip some tables and kick some ass.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:Just posting cause llama seems like he's ready to flip some tables and kick some ass.
Nah, I'm done. Hope I don't die though.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Just posting cause llama seems like he's ready to flip some tables and kick some ass.
The ball has been passed back to DH's court. You still feel pretty strongly about Made, D?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
The ball has been passed back to DH's court. You still feel pretty strongly about Made, D?
Nothing has changed my mind about him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:I also want to point out the implications of TH's "Made is being forced to say things by a secret role" theory. If we accept this, we give every player an easy out from suspicion for the rest of the game. Any time from here on out that anyone says "Ah ha! So and so made a slip! He must be bad" they can come back and say "I was forced to do it. Secret role." Am I the only one who sees how dangerous this is?
Honestly, this was a mechanic in LC and BR's recent Recruitment III game. In that game players could be "cursed" to do certain things, including vote for certain players or be forced to build a case on someone. So there's precedent for this kind of thing, and it only really works if it's a secret.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I note that Mongoose has voting for me, tying the score, and forcing me to do something I didn't want to do.

Earlier, it will be recalled that I recounted a private conversation of Mongoose explaining why she hadn't logged on, which rather upset Roxy. Mongoose called me a liar and said I made it up to troll her and Roxy. In fact, what I said was true, but I let it slide because I felt bad and wanted to let her save face. But since Mongoose's lie is apparently going to result in my being lynched, I think the truth should be known. I don't feel bad for her anymore since she voted for me without giving a reason.

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Well I'm going to bed. Bit annoyed I've got my first vote on here for literally no reason. Elo completely u-turned on Made and just threw her vote on me. Weak.

I'm happy with my vote for Made. He's lied. If we're letting everyone off with proved lies then what the hell are we doing in this game?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:Bloop, it's your turn, sug.

Black Rock was kind of a weird pick.
Went back and this is Mongooses last post.

I saw bloop reading the thread a few minutes ago, kind of odd that she hasn't posted. Equally odd that Mongoose, being at least 3 or 4 points behind first place, just doesn't toss the comp out the window and post. IDK

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Bloop, it's your turn, sug.

Black Rock was kind of a weird pick.
Went back and this is Mongooses last post.

I saw bloop reading the thread a few minutes ago, kind of odd that she hasn't posted. Equally odd that Mongoose, being at least 3 or 4 points behind first place, just doesn't toss the comp out the window and post. IDK
Yeah, I guess I should, that;s a hell of a good point. I've been out and about and didn't want to miss the lynch. I am never sure if I have my clock on DST or not. Hold on a second.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”