50%

Total votes: 12
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Se7en Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:15 pm My ability is being able to remove myself from the poll, if I hadn't been blocked last night it would've been hilarious
I believe that Nanook had this ability and was blocked. I don't think he would lie about being able to remove himself from the poll because why would that be his chosen lie? If he wanted to lie about having an ability and getting blocked he could have lied about anything including making up something that would have confirmed him as town.

I don't think this makes Nanook town, but I think it makes Nanook less likely to be JD. If he was JD and blocked last night would there really be that many kills?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 99

Post by DrWilgy »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:19 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:15 pm My ability is being able to remove myself from the poll, if I hadn't been blocked last night it would've been hilarious
I believe that Nanook had this ability and was blocked. I don't think he would lie about being able to remove himself from the poll because why would that be his chosen lie? If he wanted to lie about having an ability and getting blocked he could have lied about anything including making up something that would have confirmed him as town.

I don't think this makes Nanook town, but I think it makes Nanook less likely to be JD. If he was JD and blocked last night would there really be that many kills?
Has any town voiced having kill blocking mechs?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Matahari wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:38 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:43 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:39 pm What did you do last night? @Thunal33
I tried to copy Nanook's night action or get the result of it, which both only work under specific conditions. I got a feedback of "no result".
Does this feel like truth, or does it feel like a very convenient answer? I’m not trying to throw shade at Thunal, I’m aware people use a new criteria for solving. But I’m an old dog who can’t learn new tricks, so by the old way of solving this answer just sounds like something cooked up in a mafia chatroom, since Nanook had said he was blocked. Is there even an actual chatroom in this game, I’m guessing there could be, at this point, but I guess wrong a lot.

I can’t believe there are so many deaths happening. It makes me wonder if a lot of people have kills, or do some roles work like time bombs? Do new games even have time bombs anymore?

I am going to iso some players, Dubz first then Michelle. And probably everyone so I’ll be back this evening with a PoE.
I don't think that feedback necessarily means Nanook was blocked and it could be that my action didn't work. What's a time bomb? I've never played with one.

Since pyxxy and Dennis already flipped mafia, I'd guess there is a mafia team at this point. I want to approach this game from the angle that there is since I think one way JD is catchable is if they have teammates that want to protect him.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:26 pm

No, but there was some protection in the game. There's also the possibility that a baddie roleblocked Nanook even if he is bad since they may not all know each other.
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Michelle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:49 pm My city had a hot summer day and we went to see a movie at cinema because the air conditioner couldn’t cool enough our house.

Full relaxed mind, zen mood, I am here now

@falcon45ca where is your head at?
Rondo is pinging me hard, and I feel you've been stuck on Nook and not really evolving or developing new reads.

Why is Nook scum? Who else do you have as SRs?
Really?
Didn't you notice I try to make a read for everyone, including tinfoils to have a complete view over the game?
That means you didn't read my posts.
Explain Rondo please.

You said I am stuck on nook. How about nook, isn't he stuck on me? By this logic, who is stuck deserves a vote, why on me and not him?

And I explained my read on nook in this post
Aand you could know about it if you would read the day.

I didn't finish my analysis, but I have a better understanding of this game's mechs than yday.
Poe is under construction.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Re: Se7en Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Thunal33 »

Michelle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:15 pm
Dennis wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:54 am Zenon
tutuu
Kate
Macdougall
Thunal33

Roxy

Epignosis
jackofhearts2005

Seanzie
S~V~S
pyxxy
DrWilgy
falcon45ca
Michelle
Dubz
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Matahari

RondoDimBuckle

...underwhelming
Dennis was bussing his fellow sins. He knew his mates, and he put them low in the reads
I can't say he knew who is JD
Why do you think he was bussing? That would imply he knew who the sins were.
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:34 pm
tutuu
Kate
Macdougall
Thunal33

Roxy

Epignosis
jackofhearts2005

Seanzie
S~V~S
pyxxy
DrWilgy
falcon45ca
Michelle
Dubz
Matahari

RondoDimBuckle

...underwhelming
Dennis was bussing his fellow sins. He knew his mates, and he put them low in the reads
I think they all knew each other but not JD.

Look at the VC. Except you all the alive players are in the bottom part.
There's no easier reads list to make than the one where scum is in suspects part of the list

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Michelle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm
tutuu
Kate
Macdougall
Thunal33

Roxy

Epignosis
jackofhearts2005

Seanzie
S~V~S
pyxxy
DrWilgy
falcon45ca
Michelle
Dubz
Matahari

RondoDimBuckle

...underwhelming

There's no easier reads list to make than the one where scum is in suspects part of the list
If all the sins knew each other, Kate would have never outed to Seanzie.
ImageImage
Dubz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers

Post by Dubz »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:02 pm Oh @Dubz do you still have the ability to +3 vote?
No that was a one time thing and since I didn't vote that day it didn't get used
Dubz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers

Post by Dubz »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:19 pm I have rondo as >rand town*, thun and Falcon >rand town

Michelle and dubz >rand mafia

Zero meaningful opinion on mata/svs/wilgy

*I'm actually surprised he's voting me regardless of his alignment bit that's another story
Hmm so much for your reading card
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:39 pm
tutuu
Kate
Macdougall
Thunal33

Roxy

Epignosis
jackofhearts2005

Seanzie
S~V~S
pyxxy
DrWilgy
falcon45ca
Michelle
Dubz
Matahari

RondoDimBuckle

...underwhelming

If all the sins knew each other, Kate would have never outed to Seanzie.
Maybe she thought he's JD
She outed because he claimed her flavour

i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dubz wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:19 pm I have rondo as >rand town*, thun and Falcon >rand town

*I'm actually surprised he's voting me regardless of his alignment bit that's another story
Hmm so much for your reading card
If I'm wrong this game doesn't count cause it's on ts and I'm not paying attention
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

It's 10 pm and I have to wake up at 4 am. I will continue tomorrow after work.

:offtobed:

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 154

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: nook] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Matahari »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:27 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:38 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:43 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:39 pm What did you do last night? @Thunal33
I tried to copy Nanook's night action or get the result of it, which both only work under specific conditions. I got a feedback of "no result".
Does this feel like truth, or does it feel like a very convenient answer? I’m not trying to throw shade at Thunal, I’m aware people use a new criteria for solving. But I’m an old dog who can’t learn new tricks, so by the old way of solving this answer just sounds like something cooked up in a mafia chatroom, since Nanook had said he was blocked. Is there even an actual chatroom in this game, I’m guessing there could be, at this point, but I guess wrong a lot.

I can’t believe there are so many deaths happening. It makes me wonder if a lot of people have kills, or do some roles work like time bombs? Do new games even have time bombs anymore?

I am going to iso some players, Dubz first then Michelle. And probably everyone so I’ll be back this evening with a PoE.
I don't think that feedback necessarily means Nanook was blocked and it could be that my action didn't work. What's a time bomb? I've never played with one.

Since pyxxy and Dennis already flipped mafia, I'd guess there is a mafia team at this point. I want to approach this game from the angle that there is since I think one way JD is catchable is if they have teammates that want to protect him.
A time bomb is a person who explodes if they are killed in any matter other than an elimination. When they explode, the person killing them dies too.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Why does it seem Mata has 0 pressure?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:31 pm Why does it seem Mata has 0 pressure?
Probably because myself and Rondo aren't pressuring her and we have the most impact. I wouldn't automatically go to "Mata is bad" off her not receiving pressure.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:31 pm Why does it seem Mata has 0 pressure?
Probably because myself and Rondo aren't pressuring her and we have the most impact. I wouldn't automatically go to "Mata is bad" off her not receiving pressure.

Well isn't that just ducky
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I mean, if you've already got 3 outta 5 decided as Town, game should be a snap.

This town core is infected with Maf
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 129

Post by S~V~S »

I might go to that tbh.

Rondo asked if I agreed with your take on Michelle’s reaction to him. What was your take? I haven’t gotten there yet and based on his description I am not sure I would recognize it if I did.

I am just getting home, gonna make dinner and read back from my last post.

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Rn the people I townread most are Wilgy, SVS, Michelle, and Rondo in that order. If those reads are correct it leaves no room for anyone else to be town unless other sins have converted to town like Dennis could have.

If I'm wrong in this group, they're probably an uninformed sin and not JD. Rondo faking the amont of twists and turns in his progression this game would imo be difficult for someone with information to do. Michelle's pushes on Mac and Nanook strike me as genuine and would be hard for Michelle with information to fake.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:06 pm
I might go to that tbh.

Rondo asked if I agreed with your take on Michelle’s reaction to him. What was your take? I haven’t gotten there yet and based on his description I am not sure I would recognize it if I did.

My take is that Michelle's posts about not wanting to lose and asking if Rondo cares are town indicative.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:05 pm I mean, if you've already got 3 outta 5 decided as Town, game should be a snap.

This town core is infected with Maf
While I don't think I'm completely wrong about who I townread, I did get the thought that there's not much push to change the gamestate with what we think will be a Nanook chop. I think if the baddies really needed the gamestate to be different (like if Nanook were JD) there would be more of a push against it.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I have to go, but when I get back I'll definitely do more work for finding the most likely JD.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

At the end of Day, I will vote with the rest of town, and I get the Nanook suspish, but right now I want to vote for [VOTE: Matahari] aubergine.

She has been avoidant, and not really engaging. After Mac died and was NOT Doe, she pretty much ghosted the thread. Earlier she said she was overwhelmed (and I can believe that tbh, a post count of 3500, which is where we are now, was pretty SOP for a whole game that lasted a month back in the day) but now that the big posters are pretty much gone, she's still avoidant.

Why do you think he should be town reading you? I am not sure what you're getting at with this part about being surprised.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:38 am Post 60+ times today and I'll flip my read lol
I'm also not sure where these post count figures are coming from? Earlier someone had said Bad Michelle posts something like 5 posts on Day 1, and I went back to a bad game of hers, and I stopped counting at 20. Is this some kind of outdated conventional wisdom?

I had Falcon in the POE; I'm glad to see he finally came to play. He feels pretty towny to me, let's see if he keeps it going.

Dubz, these were your last reads from Day 3. Any revisions?
Dubz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:29 pm Almost got everyone sorted, just finished Jack ISO.

Update:

Wolfy:
Dennis
Nanook

Wolfish:
Matahari - weak scum, mostly just don't have much to call village there. Did have that one interesting post but it's less interesting upon learning that Mac revealed his tracking results before Sean revealed the BTSC info from Kate.
Jack - wolfish? ISO feels pretty empty with a ton of off topic posts. There's some reads scattered here and there but like, no oomph.

Null/haven't read yet:
Epi
SVS

Townish:
Wilgy - might have been cleared by Sean n2
Roxy
Michelle
Rondo

Town:
Mac
thunal
Falcon

There's probably at least one scum in my towns (there always is) and I'm a bit worried it's JD because I personally feel like JD would have more incentive to seem invested in the game and direct things a bit than the sins would. And there's no one currently in the top of my POE who really checks that box for me. So that's cool.
Also looking forward to this, but I get irl, It took me two months to unpack last time I moved.
Dubz wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:55 am [VOTE: nanook ] aubergine
Catching up

I do have a thought about some d1 stuff that I need to come back to though
As of now, my town is Rondo,for general demeanor and reaction testing but thankfully not too much reaction testing, Wilgy, for mech, and for reasons I have, Falcon. I lean townish on Michelle and Thunal. Michelle is reminding me more of Champs and less of Anniversary as we go along. She's got that tone, she is not trying to please anyone, that she had in Champs. Early on I had no real read on Thunal, and felt I should with twice my post count. I read back on day 1 and 2 and found a lot of small nuance reads that I don't think a Sin or Doe who might be trying to lay low waiting for a team to form would make.

That leaves Dubz, Matahari and Nanook as my unknown. I agree with Roxy that I keep waiting for town Dubz to show up, same with Mata, I think Roxy said "dragging her feet". Nanook is like a good camper, he leaves no trace. And that bit where he cbf to find the big event that shook up the thread, maybe he already heard about it in the chatroom.
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:09 pm
I might go to that tbh.

My take is that Michelle's posts about not wanting to lose and asking if Rondo cares are town indicative.
Oh OK, I did see that. I thought he was looking for a more specific thing.

Yeah, i can agree with that. Civ Michelle is a bit sharper, maybe even bolder. Bad Michelle is a bit more of a people pleaser.

#5 (I'm doing this for myself).

@S~V~S to reply
Why do you think he should be town reading you? I am not sure what you're getting at with this part about being surprised.
I dont think he should or shouldn't be townreading me, im just surprised he's voting me based on wagon stuff.
I'm also not sure where these post count figures are coming from? Earlier someone had said Bad Michelle posts something like 5 posts on Day 1, and I went back to a bad game of hers, and I stopped counting at 20. Is this some kind of outdated conventional wisdom?
It's not quite that dramatic, but yes she struggles to high post as mafia and often does as town. It's not, like, a smoking gun, she's certainly in a range where she could easily be town, it just makes her more likely than rand to be mafia. If she high posts then she's just town.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 308
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: mata] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:26 pm

I blocked Falcon last night so he couldn't have performed the nk
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

That's how I know nook is full of shit and who ever targeted him to get a "no response" are full of shit
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I love having a role so I can be a sussy baka and then not be when I want feels good man
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:23 pm That's how I know nook is full of shit and who ever targeted him to get a "no response" are full of shit
Tbf I'm making an assumption I was blocked, I was just told my role failed. But being blocked seems like the only way it would fail, so I think it's a safe assumption

I guess it's possible thun is lying about how her role works but then thun would be bad and I'd be wrong so i don't think that's possible
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Anyway I am going to be enjoying my weekend so what ever wilgy and svs both agree on is my say so. I agreed with svs' whole post about who she town reads. So unless both of them are bad and someone steps up with some mech we are.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Oh also if we could all come to an agreement on who I am targeting tonight that would be great
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Matahari »

@S~V~S hi. I’m not avoiding, I post when I have something to say, or ask. I have avoided the thread before, in at least three games I can think of, but not because of the game. It was because of personal stuff. There is nothing personal going on in this game, and I’m here, throughout the day and night, trying to stay caught up. I answer if I see a question or comment for me, but when I see an accusation or suspicion directed my way, I sometimes don’t answer immediately. I like to see who, if anyone, pops in and adds on to the suspicion. It’s how I make connections between players. I also weigh it, because sometimes it feels sincere, sometimes not.
I said earlier today that I was going to try and iso everyone, to create a PoE. I’m still working on that, and I can name people I think are town, Wilgy, Rondo, and you. But I’m having the hardest time try to sort everyone, because someone I might trust, vouches for someone I don’t trust, and that person vouches for someone I do trust, and it’s getting hard to keep score. Obviously town doesn’t want to miselim town, but I’m assuming that in this game, the sins are going crazy trying not to say the wrong thing and target each other or JD. This might be why I’m having trouble pinpointing hardcore cases against anyone, because they just aren’t there.
I’m going to continue reading tonight, see if I can add to my trust list, and finish a PoE. I will continue to stay updated, in case someone has a question for me, at least for the next 3-4 hours.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

@Porscha you're right we do deserve to lose. If we had your 4 parities we would have won this easily
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I do victim blame Porscha tho she was being lewd as all hell so ha
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:23 pm That's how I know nook is full of shit and who ever targeted him to get a "no response" are full of shit
Like I said earlier me getting no result doesn't necessarily mean Nanook was blocked. I have conditions for my ability to get feedback and if those conditions aren't met, it won't.

Besides I don't think you being a roleblocker means Nanook wasn't blocked. It's quite possible one or more bad guys also has a roleblock.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:47 pm At the end of Day, I will vote with the rest of town, and I get the Nanook suspish, but right now I want to vote for [VOTE: Matahari] aubergine.

She has been avoidant, and not really engaging. After Mac died and was NOT Doe, she pretty much ghosted the thread. Earlier she said she was overwhelmed (and I can believe that tbh, a post count of 3500, which is where we are now, was pretty SOP for a whole game that lasted a month back in the day) but now that the big posters are pretty much gone, she's still avoidant.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:38 am Post 60+ times today and I'll flip my read lol

I had Falcon in the POE; I'm glad to see he finally came to play. He feels pretty towny to me, let's see if he keeps it going.

Dubz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:29 pm Almost got everyone sorted, just finished Jack ISO.

Update:

Wolfy:
Dennis
Nanook

Wolfish:
Matahari - weak scum, mostly just don't have much to call village there. Did have that one interesting post but it's less interesting upon learning that Mac revealed his tracking results before Sean revealed the BTSC info from Kate.
Jack - wolfish? ISO feels pretty empty with a ton of off topic posts. There's some reads scattered here and there but like, no oomph.

Null/haven't read yet:
Epi
SVS

Townish:
Roxy
Michelle
Rondo

Town:
Mac
thunal
Falcon

There's probably at least one scum in my towns (there always is) and I'm a bit worried it's JD because I personally feel like JD would have more incentive to seem invested in the game and direct things a bit than the sins would. And there's no one currently in the top of my POE who really checks that box for me. So that's cool.
Also looking forward to this, but I get irl, It took me two months to unpack last time I moved.
Catching up

As of now, my town is Rondo,for general demeanor and reaction testing but thankfully not too much reaction testing, Wilgy, for mech, and for reasons I have, Falcon. I lean townish on Michelle and Thunal. Michelle is reminding me more of Champs and less of Anniversary as we go along. She's got that tone, she is not trying to please anyone, that she had in Champs. Early on I had no real read on Thunal, and felt I should with twice my post count. I read back on day 1 and 2 and found a lot of small nuance reads that I don't think a Sin or Doe who might be trying to lay low waiting for a team to form would make.

That leaves Dubz, Matahari and Nanook as my unknown. I agree with Roxy that I keep waiting for town Dubz to show up, same with Mata, I think Roxy said "dragging her feet". Nanook is like a good camper, he leaves no trace. And that bit where he cbf to find the big event that shook up the thread, maybe he already heard about it in the chatroom.
I might go to that tbh.

Yeah, i can agree with that. Civ Michelle is a bit sharper, maybe even bolder. Bad Michelle is a bit more of a people pleaser.

I don't necessarily think being avoidant is scum indicative though. I've never played with Mata, is she usually this inactive?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ultimately I want to vote for someone who has both a high chance of being JD and a high chance of being bad in general. I have less time than I thought I was going to and I'll be gone all day tomorrow for a family gathering. I don't think Nanook is JD and I don't think Falcon is JD. I think Mata and Dubz have some JD equity, and rn I'm looking at Dubz more than Mata. I think I was too hung up on early reads so I didn't reevaluate on Dubz as much as I should have.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I'm looking through Dubz' ISO and I get the general feeling she's playing it safe and wants to stay UTR. She often makes a point of agreeing with players and also has lots of town reads and not many scum reads. The scum reads she did have were Dennis and Nanook which are very safe ones to have. I want to put some pressure here.

[VOTE: Dubz] aubergine
ImageImage

I'll be driving for most of today, including likely during eod. Reads are in my iso, unfortunately it's not a full solve, but.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:33 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:47 pm At the end of Day, I will vote with the rest of town, and I get the Nanook suspish, but right now I want to vote for [VOTE: Matahari] aubergine.

Update:

Wolfy:
Dennis
Nanook

Wolfish:

Null/haven't read yet:
Epi
SVS

Townish:
Roxy
Michelle
Rondo

Town:
Mac
thunal
Falcon

Catching up

I might go to that tbh.

I don't necessarily think being avoidant is scum indicative though. I've never played with Mata, is she usually this inactive?
I would say she is more active when civ for sure. It could also be lack of interest to be honest. Which is why I have been skirting around her, just poking her 1-2x a day. What I was taking as laying low "Waiting for John Doe" (heh) may have just been, "Why the fuck did I let Kate talk me into this", lol. She only really ever plays anymore when she gets recruited by Kate. Then Kate dies day two, her big suspect dies Night 3 (and it was a splashy theory) and she's wrong. "Meh" from Mata, *turns on the TV*.

Her theory on Mac was what gave me a better feel for her, and her most recent post felt more sincere. And I think it's important that we try to stay close today and not spread it out too much, if there was one manip out there (and I have reason to believe there could be), even if the person who was known to have had it says they don't anymore. So while she still has my eye and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with based on her last post, I'm moving to [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine at this time.

But depending on how today turns out, we've been giving both Dubz and Mata the pass for irl, but people who have IRL issues can be bad, too.

I should be home all day today, rain yuk. But a friend got tickets to A Flock of Seagulls, of all things, tonight, and normally I would pass, but now they apparently tour with classical musicians from Prague, and I would like to see that lol. The singer has got to be pretty old, I hope he still doesn't have that weird haircut, but it would be pretty funny if he did.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I was looking at early game posts. Kate defended flipped sins Epi and Dennis, and also Falcon, Matahari and pushed tutuu and Wilgy. I have on phone a wall with quotes from Kate but I doubt anyone will read it, so I put here only the conclusion.
I have mixed feelings about her treatment of Dubz. Kate defended Falcon who was suspected by tutuu after he voted Dubz. Very early game interactions, but still.
I am going to Iso Dubz, Falcon and Matahari

linki: SVS let's talk about how Kate would play as mafia, is she pocketing town, alongside her buddying her mates?
Also if Matahari is town we have to think at whom we clear in town reads and we shouldn't.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

VC

Dubz 2 Thunal33, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Matahari 1 RondoDimBuckle
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 5 falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Dubz, Michelle, S~V~S

not voting Matahari

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Michelle wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:03 am I was looking at early game posts. Kate defended flipped sins Epi and Dennis, and also Falcon, Matahari and pushed tutuu and Wilgy. I have on phone a wall with quotes from Kate but I doubt anyone will read it, so I put here only the conclusion.
I have mixed feelings about her treatment of Dubz. Kate defended Falcon who was suspected by tutuu after he voted Dubz. Very early game interactions, but still.
I am going to Iso Dubz, Falcon and Matahari

linki: SVS let's talk about how Kate would play as mafia, is she pocketing town, alongside her buddying her mates?
Also if Matahari is town we have to think at whom we clear in town reads and we shouldn't.
I don't know that I think Mata is town. But I don't know that I think she is Doe. Her low level of play has stayed consistent, so I don't know that I think she is a recruited sin. I thought her theory against the self appointed thread leader was very, very ballsy coming from someone with such a low activity level. I don't know that I see anyone whose win con is "survive to the end" making that play, lol.

So there is a lot more "I don't know" there than "I know" or even "I think". Mata can bring alot to the table and I would like her to bring it. I didn't agree with her theory, but I loved that she made it.

As for Kate, I have to reread her with this in mind. 99.9% of my read on Kate is tone. She feels more confident and less tentative when she is town. BTS has a weird effect on her; when mason or town BTS, it empowers her (as I'm sure you know, after Champs). She loves talking suspicions with like minded people who seek to SOLVE a mystery. When bad, having to hide that mystery makes her tense. She momma bears a bit and hides a lot. I also judge her based on her reactions with me, and your questions led me to look at her apart from that. She feels a bit jumpier to me, a bit more flirting with the thread for a longer time.

But her lone wolf game is a civ game.

She knows better than to pocket me. Probably the same for Dennis, and early on I recall her poking Dennis a bit about avoiding the thread. Matas only interaction with her was an off topic congrats about Dennis' brother graduating. Kate made a few vague town reads about Mata.

When I look back over her interactions with Roxy, most of it seems OT, bantering. Roxy kept trying to push her to make reads and answer questions, and got replies like this:
Kate wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:16 pm
Roxy wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:45 pm how's that catch up coming Kate?
Well ots 315 and this is where I am. Unlike my spawn I do read the long posts.
I think if Kate hadn't been outed, Roxy would have tried to raise suspish on her. I also kinda know now how she fooled me, reading over her interactions with Roxy. But to be fair to Kate, she and i were kinda purposely avoiding each other a bit, since Hot Dog Fingers was stressy for us both with the cold reading thing. I was teeth clenched alot of the time waiting for someone to ask me why I (or she) hadn't put a read on each other yet.

Kate is also friends with Tutuu, and that was interesting and at the time was part of why I thought she was civ. After the push to save tutuu started, Kate moved her vote to Porscha.

The post she made explaining why felt like a 1,000,000% civ kate thing to do. More importantly, i think it prolly felt like that to Tutuu too, who had a lot of thread pull, and who also had influence on Mac, who also had a lot of thread pull.

This wound up not working, of course, when macs info was part of outing Kate. So that post there ^^ was probably very true, but probably could also be perceived as being very helpful to her.

When I went back and checked her interactions with Dubz, there were quite a few. I had forgotten about Dubz coming into the game and sheeping kate. They had a flurry or interactions, and the balance of mentions of Dubz in Kates iso were her quoting other peoples reads lists which contained Dubz.

I was especially watching this early on as Kate had called out Dubz whole bad team in the game before this, and their interaction felt t/t to me at the time.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Edit, Also re Kate, I was a bit perturbed that she seemed to not be getting what i was putting out about Wilgy, or more to the point, that she almost seemed to not want to get it.

Had she kept that up, and not been outed, I might have come to seeing her as bad, but I think Roxy would have gotten there first.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I won't be here tonight, so I'll post another edit.

Kate also buddied up to Mac a bit, laughing at a reads post he made. She also buddied up to Zenon quite a bit. The Mac one didn't seem to take, but Zenon did, putting Kate on her unshakeable Locktown list.

Her only interaction with Nanook was as follows (at least from her end, you can't search "Kate" in an ISO)
Kate wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:51 pm ~snip~

@Michelle I reread all of tutuu and I think this is what worried me the first time through and then her responses thereafter. It has since been explained by other players that its something that is hidden in the rules somewhere, but Im not so sure I believe toootsies read that indepth. (Love you tootles.) Click on this post and then read her posts following.

I also put a lot of faith in Nanook's read of Dubz.

So that's where I'm looking now.
When I looked for Nooks read on Dubz (Dubz may be newer to us, but she plays on SDN, where Nook also plays. Kate has played a few games there as well iirc), this is what I found.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:10 pm
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:58 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:51 pm
Dubz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:48 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:44 pm Dubz has felt chill and excited each game I've seen them
You've only seen me in one other game and if your impression of me in that one was chill and excited then I'm a better actor than I thought :haha:
That's true, I only remember the one game.

You were very amenable and easy to chat with, as you are now
I will take that as a compliment :D Really that's just me as a person, especially early in the game. I play for social reasons more than anything else, so it's just...kinda how I am? I have been voted friendliest player on SDN more than once lol

I was hiding a lot last game though. Idk if anyone who doesn't know me well would have noticed.

I think maybe you'll get a feel for the difference here as the game goes on.

Or you can ask @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, he claims to read me well.
I've literally never gotten you wrong and if 5 or 6 games isn't a representative sample idk what is

That said they were all on sdn so idk if it'll translate wowee
When did did post an early read on her, it was:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:05 pm Zenon mac Michelle dubz and porscha all town

You guys can figure out the rest
Then now he says this:

Looking at that, I'm ok with my vote. Would also be OK with a Dubz vote.

And my phone is at like 2% so bbl.

Return to “Previous Jobs”