Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: he

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Vivax »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine

:shrug:
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 pm
Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:26 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:16 am
Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:08 am I'm town. Glad we got that out of the way. Now play the fucking game and stop being weird about me for choosing to play it
I need neither expletives nor accusations thrown at me for pointing that you played blindfolded mafia for half a day and it's void of any proper mafia reading, thanks.
Oh what a joke. I was 4 pages behind I'm not gonna sit with my hands tied because I didn't get a ping or notification until 4 pages into this game.

A wolf will fake towniness. A town will be towny. I didn't play against the spirit of the fucking game by playing the fucking game. This is such a dumb take and honestly insulting.
Its not a dumb take

Its not insulting, at least the core concept of it, regardless of rico's wording

U arent playing mafia if u dont know ur alignment. Ur literally not a player yet

In most communities it gets u modkilled because its a form of cheating. U can rand mafia, not real ur role pm, then u dont have the burden of TMI. People read u as towny and u dont deserve it
This is literally so fucking stupid.

It's not cheating holy fucking shit. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my fucking life. I wasn't avoiding reading my card I was in the server. I'm not gonna force myself to get further behind I'm not gonna wait for hours and be more posts behind. This is so fucking stupid.

"You pretended to be town without knowing if your town so your cheating"

Sounds to me like I fucking played MAFIA for fuck sake.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:13 pm [VOTE: Creature] aubergine

:shrug:
vivax goat

have a townread

and get outta here. u earned it
☆Princess Abigail☆

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:35 pm I think I understand what motobot meant, but I will let him explain for himself before I say anything.
Give him a bit, we’ve been collaborating about how to rephrase in scum chat
Kill all open wolfs

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:20 pm This is a good opportunity for me to lead by example of how to behave when ur getting wagoned. U dont see me throwing tantrums or being rude to people voting me. Its something thats needed more of in mafia games. I used to struggle with retaining self control. Im proud of myself for coming this far. Im great
This feels exceptionally unnecessary lol

ImageImage

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Zenon wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:13 pm This is literally so fucking stupid.

It's not cheating holy fucking shit. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my fucking life. I wasn't avoiding reading my card I was in the server. I'm not gonna force myself to get further behind I'm not gonna wait for hours and be more posts behind. This is so fucking stupid.

"You pretended to be town without knowing if your town so your cheating"

Sounds to me like I fucking played MAFIA for fuck sake.
im not saying that u intentionally tried to get an unfair advantage. i was explaining why its considered cheating. u dont see how people can abuse this? town doesnt have TMI. mafia has TMI. the point of the game is to discern who has TMI and who doesnt. by not reading ur role PM ur forcing urself to not have TMI. u might be mafia - u might receive townreads u didnt deserve, because good players can tell when u dont have TMI. ud be giving urself an unfair advantage. ur supposed to fool people into townreading u despite having TMI. thats the point of the game

u didnt post that much. and i didnt call you out aggressively. i calmly alerted the thread that u werent a player in the game yet, and they shouldnt read into your early postings. its pretty fair. i almost townread LC for the same reason before martin stopped me. scotty also made a read onto your early posting

just because u cant post doesnt mean u'll get further behind in the game. you can just read the posts without saying anything. and wait for ur role. is that something unreasonable?

u talk bout disrespect, but u dont think its disrespectful to have other people putting in brain effort into reading ur alignment, trying to figure out ur motivation, when there was no alignment and motivation yet? at least alert people next time to not read into your posting before u have read ur role, spare them wasting the effort. i mean u should always read ur role but just hypotethically
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:08 pm tutuu
martin
scotty
jay

rico
svs
zenon
rondo

sean
creature
I know this is the result of surveying the thread, but it still reads weird and off to place total inactives dead red and everything else dead town.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's probably no reason to continue talking about this.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:28 pm There's probably no reason to continue talking about this.
regarding Zenon and knowing one's role etc
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't wish to contribute further to Zenon's displeasure - in case I am guilty of that - but it should not be difficult to comprehend that one cannot objectively read a player who plays under no alignment mindset. I don't even take true offence in it, since it was only a couple of hours and surely no deliberate move or gambit, but it still leaves me, player X in this game X, at a complete loss, because everything pre-role-informed is void and everything post-role-informed is (so far) just tantrum.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

fmpov this is nothing personal, this is just trying to put some order in game that was thrown into a bit of a chaos

to summarize:
falcon's first post was pre-reading role
rondo's first few posts were pre-reading role, i dunno when. at least when he grabbed the item
zenon's first few posts before responding to me were pre-reading role
lime coke's first few posts were pre-reading role. i dunno when. at least when he grabbed the item

epi missed 2 important mass things - first one to join the discord hub which he posted in the sign-up thread, and the second when the game started. but im sure he already knows that
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Main wagon rn is:
- SVS vote, reasoned on tutuu's talk and ideas being sketchy
- Zenon vote, thrown off the bat
- Meatbaby vote, not even written in the thread
- motoboat, not-comprehensibly worded vote

Counterwagon rn is:
- tutuu vote, on meta
- falcon vote, unreasoned or sheeping
- vivax vote, unreasoned, after some light inquiry into the meta angle
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im not too worried yet, there are more than 24 hours left. hopefully people do start seeing me as town but if not - theres only so much i can do. im quite happy with my solving this game, this is more than the usual amount of effort and/or seriousness i put in
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Of those, Vivax exhibits either a loss of steam during the second half of today or increasingly less convincing angles and ideas, this vote being the lowest
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:43 pm fmpov this is nothing personal, this is just trying to put some order in game that was thrown into a bit of a chaos

to summarize:
falcon's first post was pre-reading role
rondo's first few posts were pre-reading role, i dunno when. at least when he grabbed the item
zenon's first few posts before responding to me were pre-reading role
lime coke's first few posts were pre-reading role. i dunno when. at least when he grabbed the item

epi missed 2 important mass things - first one to join the discord hub which he posted in the sign-up thread, and the second when the game started. but im sure he already knows that
pings* not things
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:47 pm Of those, Vivax exhibits either a loss of steam during the second half of today or increasingly less convincing angles and ideas, this vote being the lowest
That‘s a good town case on me in this game state.
Because all I can do right now just as any other town who doesn’t exhibit exceptional confidence is more or less to float about carelessly hoping I don‘t get murdarad
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yeah honestly vivax is just town imo. gut read
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:54 pm yeah honestly vivax is just town imo. gut read
he looks kind of surface level scummy and he gets mischopped and he flips town. ive seen this play thousand of times. so the giga brain move here is to townread him despite him looking kinda meh, predicting that he will flip town despite looking meh. beat the system. stack the deck.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:34 pm Zenon prob just town

Or a 3p bat or spider or what have you
Y

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

This game is literally triggering me and I'm unable to get a foothold in it because of that so that's fun

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I don't think this creature wagon is good lol

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Vote: Vivax

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

[VOTE: Frog Legs] aubergine

ImageImage

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:56 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:54 pm yeah honestly vivax is just town imo. gut read
he looks kind of surface level scummy and he gets mischopped and he flips town. ive seen this play thousand of times. so the giga brain move here is to townread him despite him looking kinda meh, predicting that he will flip town despite looking meh. beat the system. stack the deck.
A considerable amount of giga brain moving is already requested:
- that we lynch Creature cuz they hate and shutdown when mafia
- that we lynch Sean cuz they panik and keep mum when mafia
- that we townread Vivax cuz they resort to scrambling as town
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

imma play the video game for a bit and then sleep
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:00 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:56 pm
A considerable amount of giga brain moving is already requested:
- that we lynch Creature cuz they hate and shutdown when mafia
- that we lynch Sean cuz they panik and keep mum when mafia
- that we townread Vivax cuz they resort to scrambling as town
i unironically believe in all of those, yeah

😎
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:01 pm imma play the video game for a bit and then sleep
i cant play it coz i get too scared. i used to turn off the sound but the darkness was still too scary. dont laugh but i struggle with minecraft too, there's one very scary cave noise sound that just sends me panicing
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

If I am in a position to get information from everyone equally, I can better commit to reads.

I‘m not as much scrambling as adjusting my activity to the level I think appropriate to reciprocate other players‘

Seems like there‘s a lot of alignment sandbagging.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:10 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:35 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:31 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:17 am @Zenon has been posting without having read her role pm just clarifying and remembering for myself too to not read into what shes said so far as ai
Hm? How do you figure she hasnt?
U get ur role pm by joining epi's discord server. Then u wait for him to assign u to ur channel. Zenon started posting itt 1 min after joining the server. She isnt assigned to her channel yet i see her name being white and not red, she doesnt have the role "Character" like others yet. Epi is asleep. This is similar to how Martin caught Lime posting without having read his role pm
Not a defense of neon just an fyi if you have been paying attention I was posting without knowing my role pm at the start because I had no clue there was a discord till tutuu mentioned it
I was also posting without knowing my alignment, for the record
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm If I am in a position to get information from everyone equally, I can better commit to reads.

I‘m not as much scrambling as adjusting my activity to the level I think appropriate to reciprocate other players‘

What is alignment sandbagging?

Haven;t heard that one before
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm I was also posting without knowing my alignment, for the record

atta girl
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:14 am
Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:05 am If I were mafia here I'd rush the weapons and tools. There's no drawbacks and having to beat players into their own demise with a carrot or a turkey leg is a possible but unlikely future. Surely, they don't want villagers with light.

Ergo, why is this a post:
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:28 pm [VOTE: Pick] aubergine
enjoy the townread
Or this one.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:39 pm [VOTE: rabbit] aubergine pls & thank yew
Porscha picking the only meat on the menu? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think:
Is this a mafia whoopsie? Over-the-toppish and then not quite accurate. Different purpose.

Since I don't want to starve, I'll take this one.

[VOTE: Blue Mushroom] aubergine
Meh. I don’t find it Wilgy, just advantageous in any alignment. More that I’d find wolves standbackish to appear like they’re considering all angles. Which is why I’m reading rondo as town. Because he just went for that shiny weapon
wdym dont find it wilgy? lol

and you don't think rondo would do that anyway?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:07 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm I was also posting without knowing my alignment, for the record

atta girl
can't stop won't stop :dab:
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:07 pm
Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm If I am in a position to get information from everyone equally, I can better commit to reads.

I heard it used to describe role-carrying villa behaviour aimed at avoiding getting NKd.

But I‘m also using it to describe it being used to avoid being read altogether.

I think a big portion of the game is doing that.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:10 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:35 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:31 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:17 am @Zenon has been posting without having read her role pm just clarifying and remembering for myself too to not read into what shes said so far as ai
Hm? How do you figure she hasnt?
U get ur role pm by joining epi's discord server. Then u wait for him to assign u to ur channel. Zenon started posting itt 1 min after joining the server. She isnt assigned to her channel yet i see her name being white and not red, she doesnt have the role "Character" like others yet. Epi is asleep. This is similar to how Martin caught Lime posting without having read his role pm
Not a defense of neon just an fyi if you have been paying attention I was posting without knowing my role pm at the start because I had no clue there was a discord till tutuu mentioned it
I was also posting without knowing my alignment, for the record
Yeah same

like what? I see Epi didn't include no angleshooting in the rules, but I'm pretty sure everything revolving around the discord is angleshooting. Angleshooting is very easy to get into a trap with.

In any case, this comment here is not provable and I also disregard it completely.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:38 pm Hello! I'm Quin, one of your friendly neighborhood Moderators on Duty (MoDs). @Dyslexicon and I are partnering as your MoDs for this game.

If you would like to reach one of us, you can PM us here on the Syndicate or DM us on Discord. Here's the info you need for that:

Quin
Discord ID: romqui
Time Zone: Australia (UTC+10)

Dyslexicon
Discord ID: Dyslexicon#3755
Time Zone: somewhere in europe, idfk

You have been assigned a private discord channel for this game, and you can use it to reach out to us if you ever feel the need to. We ask that you please report directly to us rather than using the report post feature, as people with access to those reports are in this game and it presents a risk to game integrity.

Please remember that every other player is also human. We all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. Treat others with respect and exercise self-care if you feel yourself beginning to get angry or upset at the game. If you need to vent and have no one to turn to, messaging one of us is an excellent decision to make. We are also available for reports of any Code of Conduct or Rules violations. Consider us your lifeline so that the game state remains healthy and exciting for everyone.

If you have game-related queries (setup, role questions, game play, etc.) please contact the Host, Epignosis. Please have fun and enjoy the game!
Mod detailed added to first page, also i hacked epi apparently
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

K, just got home, had a hell of a day, some drama, my bosses expected me to actually work, etc. I'll catch up and answer @'s with dinner.

I did some reading along today, and just wanna say that I don't think that things that happen outside of the thread should be put into the thread. If you see something, by all means, privately make it part of your considerations. But bringing out of thread concerns into the thread is not my fave, and I won't take any arguments using that as a consideration into account.

Back shortly, gonna wash the stress off and read and eat. xoxo
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:14 am
Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:05 am If I were mafia here I'd rush the weapons and tools. There's no drawbacks and having to beat players into their own demise with a carrot or a turkey leg is a possible but unlikely future. Surely, they don't want villagers with light.

Ergo, why is this a post:
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:28 pm [VOTE: Pick] aubergine
enjoy the townread
Or this one.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:53 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:39 pm [VOTE: rabbit] aubergine pls & thank yew
Porscha picking the only meat on the menu? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :think:
Is this a mafia whoopsie? Over-the-toppish and then not quite accurate. Different purpose.

Since I don't want to starve, I'll take this one.

[VOTE: Blue Mushroom] aubergine
Meh. I don’t find it Wilgy, just advantageous in any alignment. More that I’d find wolves standbackish to appear like they’re considering all angles. Which is why I’m reading rondo as town. Because he just went for that shiny weapon
wdym dont find it wilgy? lol

and you don't think rondo would do that anyway?
oh oops that was a typo lol

I don't even know what word that was supposed to be.

I don't know how Rondo operates as scum- i can't recall ever seeing or playing with a bad Rondo, but I would think that in general mafia would be more thoughtful. But maybe you're right?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:09 pm

I heard it used to describe role-carrying villa behaviour aimed at avoiding getting NKd.

Ah thanks

So to summarize: you think the thread at large is being intentionally vague to hide their PRs, and so you're adapting to this perception?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 pm K, just got home, had a hell of a day, some drama, my bosses expected me to actually work, etc. I'll catch up and answer @'s with dinner.

I did some reading along today, and just wanna say that I don't think that things that happen outside of the thread should be put into the thread. If you see something, by all means, privately make it part of your considerations. But bringing out of thread concerns into the thread is not my fave, and I won't take any arguments using that as a consideration into account.

Just tell your boss whatever was bothering you 'is above your paygrade', then take lunch at 9am and wait for the raises to roll in

Did you read the part where Creature was outed?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

well that was a miserable first try. slightly unsure why feeding myself with the berries I picked does not work
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:15 pm

Ah thanks

So to summarize: you think the thread at large is being intentionally vague to hide their PRs, and so you're adapting to this perception?
Vague to hide alignments more like.
Me not having strong preferences is a result of that but warranting a designation as adaptation is debatable.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ah thanks

And to iterate: from my perspective, I'm not seeing that at all. Who in particular is sandbagging?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:17 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 pm K, just got home, had a hell of a day, some drama, my bosses expected me to actually work, etc. I'll catch up and answer @'s with dinner.

Just tell your boss whatever was bothering you 'is above your paygrade', then take lunch at 9am and wait for the raises to roll in

Did you read the part where Creature was outed?
:O

No I missed that. Yikes.

Please don't tell me it was becasue of that ^^ lol I'll be annoyed that I'll have no choice but to take that into account lol
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:18 pm

Ah thanks

And to iterate: from my perspective, I'm not seeing that at all. Who in particular is sandbagging?
I‘d say Wilgy, Seanzie were like that. Rondo maybe but according to JJJ he likes to draw scumreads.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But you didn't vote for him yet, @Scotty .

I'll have to go look for it.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:20 pm No I missed that. Yikes.

Please don't tell me it was becasue of that ^^ lol I'll be annoyed that I'll have no choice but to take that into account lol
nah he aint scotty just mad we voting for 0 posting creature
Vivax
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Vivax »

Martin too to some extent but in his case I‘m more concerned with the perfectionism of the post I quoted that rubbed me the wrong way cause it seemed a tad manipulative/superficially shiny.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:18 pm well that was a miserable first try. slightly unsure why feeding myself with the berries I picked does not work
I have angered buffalos, after which I set them on fire
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Vivax wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:23 pm Martin too to some extent but in his case I‘m more concerned with the perfectionism of the post I quoted that rubbed me the wrong way cause it seemed a tad manipulative/superficially shiny.
i think its relevant to note that martin has aspergers and his tone is very normal for good ol' martin, re: perfectionism

Return to “Previous Jobs”