Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 2]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:54 pm Town rarely are given post restriction abilities in general
I agree with that, but I don't agree with the conclusion that whoever it hit is AI one way or another independent of context.

Getting post-restricted is not all that harmful as wolf if you're not getting bussed, and people generally don't want to vote off post-restricted people because they instinctively don't want to vote out someone when they can't fully defend themselves. That in of itself can provide some good tools if the wolves want to start defending their partner if they so wish.

Also, if you're going to post-restrict someone, why do it on a guy who seems to mostly IIOA? Like, Rico's case never really convinced people I think and people mostly jumped on Scotty for their own suspicions rather than any significant part of it being based on something Rico said. If I were wolf I'd probably mute Tutuu or JJJ (or even seanzie) because they all have great potential to impact how the town solves, and Tutuu/JJJ are supposedly immune from factionals. Rico would be pushable regardless of post-restriction, and that was demonstrated by him being a significant wagon on eod1 without it.

Aside from all that though, if memory serves correctly, hardly anyone was discussing Rico seriously early on for this day phase despite Rico being post-restricted. Which is weird. Its like there wasn't a plan to push Rico at all, and for some reason people don't have much interest in Rico or are silently avoiding the subject by focusing on other stuff.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Weight is weird in my experience. But I respect people who can change it.

I've been forever floating between 130 and 160 at times over the past 10 years or so, and my eating habits generally don't seem to affect it. I actually sometimes wish I had more weight/fat so I can stop thinking my arms are so skinny lol.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I should clarify that is US pounds. Idk if that makes a difference.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

[VOTE: ricochet] aubergine
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:39 pm Aside from all that though, if memory serves correctly, hardly anyone was discussing Rico seriously early on for this day phase despite Rico being post-restricted. Which is weird. Its like there wasn't a plan to push Rico at all, and for some reason people don't have much interest in Rico or are silently avoiding the subject by focusing on other stuff.
Correction

There was some discussion but most of that was led by Me + Seanzie in the hours after day start. And rn I find both of those to be town. Tutuu mentioned Rico a bit too but I feel like it was more incidental than anything else.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:12 pm
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:00 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:20 pm
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:02 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:57 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:39 am actually how come u aint voted jay?
Have us do the dirty work
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:41 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:20 am I am starving. I have not eaten for 11 hours.
Wtf eat
12 hrs now
I guess I intentionally go 16 hours a day without eating but like if it's not intentional go eat
intermittent fasting can be quite healthy. 12 hours is not particularly long as long as you don't have any health issues which require food intake regulation.
Yeah I do 16 or try to sometimes it's closer to 15 I'm down to 263 from 280

My goal weight for surgery is 240 but my personal goal is 180 I haven't been below 260 in a year I haven't been at 240 in like 4/5 years I haven't been below 200 in 7 years when I moved here 10 years ago I was 190

Bleh.
I believe in you! Just keep up the work, and make sure you eat healthy and exercise rather than just trying to not eat.

I was at 250 during the worst of covid and I've worked my way down to about 225. I've been stuck there for about a year now though. I'd like to get back to 200. I haven't lost any weight recently, but I did start working out a lot more a few months ago, and while my weight has stayed the same, I have done some body recomposition, which feels pretty good.
I'm sure I'd lose weight faster if I worked out but I can't afford a gym or anything
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Scotty »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:17 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:39 am actually how come u aint voted jay?
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:41 am

Wtf eat
12 hrs now
I guess I intentionally go 16 hours a day without eating but like if it's not intentional go eat
intermittent fasting can be quite healthy. 12 hours is not particularly long as long as you don't have any health issues which require food intake regulation.

My goal weight for surgery is 240 but my personal goal is 180 I haven't been below 260 in a year I haven't been at 240 in like 4/5 years I haven't been below 200 in 7 years when I moved here 10 years ago I was 190

Bleh.
I believe in you! Just keep up the work, and make sure you eat healthy and exercise rather than just trying to not eat.

I was at 250 during the worst of covid and I've worked my way down to about 225. I've been stuck there for about a year now though. I'd like to get back to 200. I haven't lost any weight recently, but I did start working out a lot more a few months ago, and while my weight has stayed the same, I have done some body recomposition, which feels pretty good.
I'm sure I'd lose weight faster if I worked out but I can't afford a gym or anything
hi. Ghost here.

There are lots of body weight exercises and routines you can get into even if you don’t have a gym. Making sure you do some moving after each meal and working up a sweat when you can goes a lot way in supplement to good nutrition!

You can do it! Just gotta maintain the course! Sometimes life gets in the way of a routine, but find that routine, and stick to it no matter what.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MartinGG99 »

I do like that this rule exists. It embraces that the game is sometimes more than just solving/fooling each other.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:38 pm 7) Dead players should post in the {Dead} Red if they are posting in the game thread (off topic only please).
Honestly surprised more sites don't have it.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:58 pm [VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Scotty wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:21 pm

12 hrs now

Bleh.

hi. Ghost here.

There are lots of body weight exercises and routines you can get into even if you don’t have a gym. Making sure you do some moving after each meal and working up a sweat when you can goes a lot way in supplement to good nutrition!

You can do it! Just gotta maintain the course! Sometimes life gets in the way of a routine, but find that routine, and stick to it no matter what.
I have no clue how to do anything xD
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:59 pm [VOTE: ricochet] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sup squad
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lasagna has been claimed by lasagna.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:21 pm

Bleh.

hi. Ghost here.

I have no clue how to do anything xD
It does take some time and research to find a exercise routine that works for you, but there are tons of youtube videos you can just turn on and follow pretty easily to get started. Depending on what you want, you can try searching for yoga, or HIIT videos or general cardio videos or more specific things like ab videos or bodyweight exercise videos. Many of them will be labeled as needing no equipment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:32 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:59 pm [VOTE: ricochet] aubergine
earlier post

this post

another post

and this post

all have stuff/places where I'm talking about you, though the earlier one is a bit dated and before I've ISO'ed you in an IIOA (in case no one has understood it and didn't ask what it meant, its "Information Instead of Analysis") lens.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:39 pm sup squad
We're working out and killin' Rico. Want to join?

Some people are working out and killin' Creature, which isn't quite as fun.

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:40 pm Lasagna has been claimed by lasagna.
For a second I thought this was a joke but its real lol.

But yeah AFAIK you were the first to claim it so it should be your name there.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:51 pm If I consider a town!Rico world, I could see a team consisting of people from like {Creature, Wilgy, Lime, Moto, Martin, Meatbaby}. This would suggest we were just completely off-base on D1, which I suppose is possible if the scum team is mostly low-posting or people who tend to be a bit more on the DL.

If I remove Lime and Martin from the above list, {Creature, Wilgy, Moto, Meatbaby} would be a super slanky team. Wilgy and Meatbaby both voted Scotty yesterday, whereas Creature and Moto were on vanity wagons. This team would mean the 6-person Vivax wagon was competely town-on-town violence, which isn't unheard of, but seems unlikely.

I suppose town!Rico and D1 would make more sense if Jay was scum since that would explain why we were so off-base, but that isn't a world I really want to consider right now. Meh...

I also keep forgetting that Rondo is still in the game. I suppose he could fit in this world too, but if he can't post, that seems like a wolf ability hit him. Who else am I forgetting? {Belzy, Falcon, Porscha, Tutuu, Zenon}... meh...

Idk, it is hard to find a world that makes a lot of sense if Rico isn't scum. People who are townreading Rico, I'd love to hear your opinions on this. @tutuu @JaggedJimmyJay @Zenon
I don't think a low-activity oriented mafia team should be discounted. Even if the entire team doesn't fit that bill, much or most of it still can. Otherwise, I tend to put little stock in wagon-driven rationale (it tends to strike me as arbitrary), and I will need to see how associative dynamics shake out to determine if your specific assertion about Rico being a puzzle piece is suitable. I'll also be digging into Rico shortly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: ricochet] aubergine
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm at work so I'm checking in and out of the game.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:39 pm sup squad
We're working out and killin' Rico. Want to join?

Some people are working out and killin' Creature, which isn't quite as fun.
Stand by regarding Rico.

Creature was "vaguely town" in my review, but also in a way that doesn't inspire confidence and will still probably fall into the POE. So I don't immediately oppose that notion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:45 pm [VOTE: ricochet] aubergine
[*]Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

@JaggedJimmyJay not placing a vote and not leading the town all day, 3 hours before EoD looks scummy to me

I and i hope everyone else appreciates the work you did with the ISOs

but where is the actual vote? where is the "lets kill the wolves guys"? Where is the leadership?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:01 pm @JaggedJimmyJay not placing a vote and not leading the town all day, 3 hours before EoD looks scummy to me

but where is the actual vote? where is the "lets kill the wolves guys"? Where is the leadership?
I've been away for the last ~16-20 hours or so, and I didn't really anticipate it being that long. I'm working on it now though. These wagons have developed without my intervention, for better or for worse, but I am knee-deep in an assessment of one of them (Rico). There is still plenty of time to make anything happen as long as folks are around.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JJJ needs to be held up to a high standard. He needs to lead the town to a wolf chop. If he doesn't he's mafia and he should die. He can't be allowed to just sit there. We love his reads but he can't just sit on the bench
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

s
tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:05 pm JJJ needs to be held up to a high standard. He needs to lead the town to a wolf chop. If he doesn't he's mafia and he should die. He can't be allowed to just sit there. We love his reads but he can't just sit on the bench
As it happens, when I was thinking over the game a bit when I was out, I kinda found myself leaning toward Creature as a good vote. Whatever "town credit" he might have is the very same kind that I would basically ignore if I were to do a trustfall exercise. And I believe you remarked earlier about the over-abundance of town reads, so the standard has to be elevated in general. Vague vibes are not great on Day 2.

At the moment that wagon does not need my "leadership", so I want to see where my final reviews take me. But I am on board with it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

s

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Porscha @Ricochet in case u wont be able to be around to eod (which is in 1 hour 45 min), could you preemptively self-pres onto creature please rico

and porscha babe if you still townread rico (not sure if u do) could u please join us on the creature wagon?

@DrWilgy @falcon45ca could i ask for your votes on Creature too, please?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I am confident Creature currently has 4 villagers voting him

And creature is such an easy mischop here for the mafia if he's town

Plz vote creature
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 16
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

I've been having a hard time keeping up that's why I don't post often
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet ISO

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 am Page one and so far everything tutuu said about town not picking food for swag or such has irked me.

A. Non-food items are limited, so invariably some townies will have only food to pick. Case in point, me after missing out on all the non-food items. There's no point in judging player's AI based on skipping food, since some will have nothing but food left to pick.
B. Having invisible votes added to your tally is not beneficial. Vote shenanigans are not great for gamesolving purposes. So it's not townminded to boast about getting hungry.
C. Something about waiting to see what Seanzie will pick. Why Seanzie, in particular? And why such concern at all?
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:40 am Page two and the mech talk is fine, I suppose. Easy pocket material, tho, especially with the prevalent "ooh tutuu is town for mechtalking this much" sentiment.

Tutuu still bit wishwashy or just plain derpy now with the whole "town be swag and not pick food" but then "oh wait getting increasingly hungry will lose game for town" progression.

Ping on Rondo asking to be grouped with the mechtalkers. For what? Or what kind of cred?

I don't think the game will be faultily designed (especially with this being an Epig game) as to reach a mechanical loss i.e. fX town being starved or mafia hogging all the protections each time.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:12 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:59 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:48 am Define ”again”.
You and scotty have tried to soft scum me this game. I see some team work
You're inflating a ping to a wolfread.

Still doesn't account for the again-ness of my endeavour.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:44 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:11 am Page one and so far everything tutuu said about town not picking food for swag or such has irked me.

A. Non-food items are limited, so invariably some townies will have only food to pick. Case in point, me after missing out on all the non-food items. There's no point in judging player's AI based on skipping food, since some will have nothing but food left to pick.
B. Having invisible votes added to your tally is not beneficial. Vote shenanigans are not great for gamesolving purposes. So it's not townminded to boast about getting hungry.
C. Something about waiting to see what Seanzie will pick. Why Seanzie, in particular? And why such concern at all?
Obv i wouldn't scumread someone for picking food if they had no other choice

Im not scumreading people who are picking food in the first place lol
Maybe I missread, but there was some „if I was mafia I would have picked food, ergo townread me yall" + "waiting to see what seanzie picks, they be mafia if picking food" stuff.

And "picking non-food is towny", which later you 180d into "oh no town will go hungry and lose on mechanics, must pick food"
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:23 am Six out of 18 items are non-food. So, by design, some town will inevitably pick them (or have to).

Mafia depriving town of nightkill protection, at the cost of going +1 in votes, sounds like a proper Epig game balance. They could, but then it depends on drawing (repeatedly) less heat in the game.

Vibe right now is that mech-based conjecturing isn't that valuable. The game has madness, it will develop.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:09 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:00 am
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:58 am What do you townlock those four for?
They picked non-food
lol

This is some but not all of Rico's earliest content, and I have focused primarily on his initial reception of tutuu. Rico's critiques/suspicion carried some weight (orange), and this developed into a somewhat significant component of the Day 1 dialogue (and tutuu becoming a top wagon). This Rico material doesn't thrill me. tutuu made some assertions about mechanics and how they reflect on people that can obviously be debated, and I'd be more comfortable if that's what happened -- they were debated (instead of they were shaded as something agenda-driven). On that note, I think Rico did achieve that eventually in the green post by simply expressing his view of the mechanical miscellany. I tend to wish this was the focus.

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:10 am Vivax has three posts rn, all with certain reads (yay on paper).

Post #1 is a bit of a mix(ed bag) of mechtalk, AI claim and hopping on some pings.
The claim that he would steal the protections as wolf strikes as rushed in rationale, i.e. omitting the downside of gaining hunger votes in the process (he stated there would be no "drawbacks" in fact). Is Vivax the type of wolfplayer who would, indeed, steal town benefits and dare to play with vote weights on? Who knows. Anyway, this statement only leads to WIFOM, if judged seriously. "I would" / "I would never". Mkay.
The ping on tutuu is not much at all. (At worst it was probably a total skim of tutuu's other posts)
The ping on Rondo is without much (in-game) sense to what was already a Rondo statement without much (in-game) sense.

Post #2 was on me and I found it funny. I mean, as far as what I've said, I thought I was pretty reasoned and surveyed different aspects. But the funny side of his angle - probably hasn't played with me (at all? not much?) - is that I am indeed a monument of excess in verbiage and reasoning.

Post #3 was on Scotty and I kind of vibe of it. Scotty's sus is one thing, but his phrasing that SVS would be overly cautious in her mechtalk feels a bit ech. It doesn't feel unreasonable of Vivax to see it this way or point it out.

In relation to JJJ's take, I don't (or didn't) feel as pinged by these posts. #1 is probably the worst. The other two give the vibe of invested play and reading into undertext.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:09 pm I'm getting noseitches about Scotty.

First he pushes a sus on SVS - at the time (#153) it seemed to come off tutuu's own doubts, but upon revisit it seems it wasn't a sheep moment - of which the reasoning comes off flat.
Then he pushes on Vivax of off JJJ's case - and it felt like a coast; or I would have rather imagined Scotty could have come up with his own take, separately.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:46 pm

First he pushes a sus on SVS - at the time (#153) it seemed to come off tutuu's own doubts, but upon revisit it seems it wasn't a sheep moment - of which the reasoning comes off flat.
Then he pushes on Vivax of off JJJ's case - and it felt like a coast; or I would have rather imagined Scotty could have come up with his own take, separately.
Maybe try a Zyrtec or something for that nose

So you’re astutely saying that I made my own case/suspicion on SVS. And then in the next sentence you are lamenting that i didn’t come up with my own take.
Coasting isn’t the word you’re looking for, by the by. That’d imply I’m floating around in one of those blow up flamingos in the ocean waiting for rescue or sharks or something.

I’m closer to ‘paddling’ towards shore on a wakeboard, occasionally riding the waves as they push me.
The two sentences are distinct.
You made a push for SVS, but there seemed to be a wave of doubting her take on the mechtalk.
You placed a hard agree on JJ's case.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:00 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:52 pm
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:46 pm

Maybe try a Zyrtec or something for that nose

So you’re astutely saying that I made my own case/suspicion on SVS. And then in the next sentence you are lamenting that i didn’t come up with my own take.
Coasting isn’t the word you’re looking for, by the by. That’d imply I’m floating around in one of those blow up flamingos in the ocean waiting for rescue or sharks or something.

I’m closer to ‘paddling’ towards shore on a wakeboard, occasionally riding the waves as they push me.
The two sentences are distinct.
You made a push for SVS, but there seemed to be a wave of doubting her take on the mechtalk.
You placed a hard agree on JJ's case.
I further explained my reasoning for Vivax. That I agreed with what JJJ was seeing doesn’t mean I didn’t also have that thought separately.

But I’m not fussed about it, because I don’t really care about how my reads are being taken. I’m just vibing, baby
In theory, once you've picked a wave to surf, you can further do anything with it.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:10 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:07 pm Sean might be rly busy town or he could be mafia
Second inactive poster you focus on reading for whatever reason.

Ping.
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:28 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:08 pm tutuu
martin
scotty
jay

rico
svs
zenon
rondo

sean
creature
I know this is the result of surveying the thread, but it still reads weird and off to place total inactives dead red and everything else dead town.

I highlight these posts in relative succession, because I think they're important in the broader discussion of Rico. He has been accused of commentary without stances more or less, and I haven't really seen him that way. I think can understand the perception for reasons I will highlight later in this review, but the above posts make a contrary argument. His read on Vivax is less a "stance" than a response to my own stance, but I think he provided meaningful nuance. Then he provides clear stances for both Scotty and tutuu. One may accuse Rico of "bad" stances perhaps, but not of "non"-stances, at least not in these moments.

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:45 pm Main wagon rn is:
- SVS vote, reasoned on tutuu's talk and ideas being sketchy
- Zenon vote, thrown off the bat
- Meatbaby vote, not even written in the thread
- motoboat, not-comprehensibly worded vote

Counterwagon rn is:
- tutuu vote, on meta
- falcon vote, unreasoned or sheeping
- vivax vote, unreasoned, after some light inquiry into the meta angle
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:47 pm Of those, Vivax exhibits either a loss of steam during the second half of today or increasingly less convincing angles and ideas, this vote being the lowest
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:00 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:56 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:54 pm yeah honestly vivax is just town imo. gut read
he looks kind of surface level scummy and he gets mischopped and he flips town. ive seen this play thousand of times. so the giga brain move here is to townread him despite him looking kinda meh, predicting that he will flip town despite looking meh. beat the system. stack the deck.
A considerable amount of giga brain moving is already requested:
- that we lynch Creature cuz they hate and shutdown when mafia
- that we lynch Sean cuz they panik and keep mum when mafia
- that we townread Vivax cuz they resort to scrambling as town
click here for big review post

I think these are the posts that give an impression of "commentary". And that's an understandable impression; it's primarily what they are. On balance I don't tend to view that kind of thing as alignment-indicative (maybe it depends on the person). Also I think it should be noted that even in the large review post, each "comment" is followed by some kind of stance. So it's not as though Rico is just hanging around saying words without using those words.

It's in that sense that I think reducing his play to "commentary" isn't really a charitable take.

Ricochet wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:05 pm Case on Scotty not playing it genuine

SVS shade, based on mechtalk, feels like a scramble to come up with some less-good to paint someone out of it (whilst there was no true, general trend to sus anyone out of that talk, save for SVS v. tutuu). The reasoning that SVS would have played it carefully doesn't feel cooked in campfire at all.

Later spins it, I feel, in a sketchy / paranoid angle of SVS being smooth killah and stuff, which feels either too early (and insubstantial) to paint such a picture or just bluff

+

Vivax suss feels like a piggyback onto JJJ's reasoning. Made me also think it's a second time he's melding with someone else (though he did the same wrt tutuu on SVS, but that is likely just a coincidental timing). Then proceeds to strengthen it in serious critical tone. Again, I feel a true Scot could / would have come out of the gates himself with that.

+

Upon re-read, most of his other pushes are flat.
Splash votes (Rondo, Wilgy, Lime).
Soft jab at JJJ for some weak (meta) apologetics.
Creates wolf team with two inactives (at that time)

+

Deflecting shades and suspicions on votes on himself with jokes, banter and haha can obviously come from either side, but coming from a mostly suss perspective, it doesn't better the read.

Full-blown case on Scotty, and perhaps the most comprehensive single case in the game to this point. Clearly Scotty flipped town, so it didn't work out. Is the case itself "playing it genuine" as Rico described for Scotty? I think so? If I want to be pessimistic and find a mafia agenda here (beyond just "mischop Scotty", which, sure), I could see an effort to pocket S~V~S given her own suspicion of Scotty maybe. But then S~V~S was night killed, so it's difficult to make that theory coherent. At absolute level 1, it was a case against a civilian, so take that as far as you feel it should be taken.

I don't want to get deep into analyzing the content of Rico's Day 2 posts. I will instead just remark that I think he has made a decent effort to stay relevant and involved despite the limitation apparently imposed upon him. He could have taken a nap, but he didn't. So that's appreciated.

~~~

I've tried to be as thorough as possible for this one and avoid confirmation bias. If I really want to squeeze, I can probably find a mafia case in here -- but I still don't feel it. At the very least, this provides a lot more clarity for the Rico-suspecters to engage with. I don't think he's the best vote today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 16
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

I'm voting lime coke
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I could kill anyone I wanted right now, it'd be DrWilgy.

Why is DrWilgy town?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

motobot wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:17 pm I've been having a hard time keeping up that's why I don't post often
What I do is I just skim over the first few sentences or words to decide if the post is worth reading or ignoring. Some people try to read everything but that's impossible
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:19 pm If I could kill anyone I wanted right now, it'd be DrWilgy.

Why is DrWilgy town?
For me personally - I bought his frustration at you voting him. For now it's good enough for me and I'm tunneled on Creature
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:19 pm If I could kill anyone I wanted right now, it'd be DrWilgy.

Why is DrWilgy town?
For me personally - I bought his frustration at you voting him. For now it's good enough for me and I'm tunneled on Creature
That's part of my gripe, actually. I don't remember much frustration or questioning. I remember derpy replies. I'm used to town Wilgy suspecting I am an opportunist or something similar when I vote for him. I'm used to the word "pivot" being uttered 40 times.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:15 pm @Porscha @Ricochet in case u wont be able to be around to eod (which is in 1 hour 45 min), could you preemptively self-pres onto creature please rico

and porscha babe if you still townread rico (not sure if u do) could u please join us on the creature wagon?

@DrWilgy @falcon45ca could i ask for your votes on Creature too, please?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I am not screwing up my time zones again, we should have 2.5 hours remaining to EOD.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:25 pm That's part of my gripe, actually. I don't remember much frustration or questioning. I remember derpy replies. I'm used to town Wilgy suspecting I am an opportunist or something similar when I vote for him. I'm used to the word "pivot" being uttered 40 times.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:57 pm Clearly, why would anyone argue against this?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:00 pm You're better.
(for anyone reading - the posts are snipped. click on the blue arrow to take them to the original posts)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:01 pm @JaggedJimmyJay not placing a vote and not leading the town all day, 3 hours before EoD looks scummy to me

Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 149
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

I have slept most of Saturday. Waking up after 11 pm. Crazy.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:27 pm If I am not screwing up my time zones again, we should have 2.5 hours remaining to EOD.
yeah my bad i havent fixed my daylight saving time thing. it didnt automatically update for me on the forum
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:25 pm That's part of my gripe, actually. I don't remember much frustration or questioning. I remember derpy replies. I'm used to town Wilgy suspecting I am an opportunist or something similar when I vote for him. I'm used to the word "pivot" being uttered 40 times.
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:57 pm Clearly, why would anyone argue against this?
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:00 pm You're better.
(for anyone reading - the posts are snipped. click on the blue arrow to take them to the original posts)
Yeah I interpreted those as derpy. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

motobot wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:19 pm I'm voting lime coke
Why Lime?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:53 am When the SS Scotty set sail, the movement around the slot made me think that there was way too much resistance to scotty going over for it to not be scum motivated.

Like, Rico took ahead as a possible save.

Vivax took ahead as a possible save.

I hope I can be forgiven of this sin.
This reads like BS to me

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will probably forego the remaining ISOs (Seanzie, tutuu, Zenon) for time constraints. Rico was the last big priority for me anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

It's worth noting that Lime is actually at 5 votes right now even though it doesn't look like it in the poll. Moto is a double-voter and Lime has 1 hunger vote from D1.

If things don't change before EoD, I'll probably move to Creature since that's a better flip than Lime IMO. I'd also support a Wilgy wagon.

Return to “Previous Jobs”