Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 4]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Bleh I hate hammerless xD
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 149
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

I already wondered why JJJ ignored Martin and me when we voted for moto the other day. It all comes together.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:39 pm Bleh I hate hammerless xD
:help:
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

LC spewed town.

Martin town, too.

If JJJ and moto flip red. Otherwise I go nuts.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Well, if JJJ flips red and moto town. Then Zenon... but that seems unlikely. JJJ and moto makes perfect sense.
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

This is the weirdest process of analysis I'm experiencing, every detail or angle raises a BUT/YET caveat

It's within reason that JJJ fake claimed to save his skin D3 and push all play into a lock-on vote, BUT was his wagon that dire as to merit this gambit (instead of fighting it out)?
-- same question if Zenon's claim is now the fake one, this is not a lylo phase (unless there's a double kill and we reach parity toNight?)
It's within reason that JJJ fake claimed to save his skin D3, YET why or to what purpose delay his lynch by just one phase, virtually?
JJJ fake claimed a track role, BUT does JJJ fit the profile of a player so bold / un-thorough in his gambit'ing, as to have banked on there being no actual track role to counter-claim?
Apart from two details, JJJ's and Zenon's ability claim are the same, BUT is that reasonable, within the design and balance of this game?
Two civilian track roles is a posibility, BUT is that balanced?
A mafia track role to counter a civilian track role is a design/balance posibility, BUT what would the track role, designed in this fashion, truly serve the mafia?

etc. I'll fill up further this thought process.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nevermind on the parity reach, Martin is off the poll (presumably silenced), we are ten players total, not nine, as I judged from the poll.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Epignosis »

It's raining.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
☆Princess Abigail☆

*screams*

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Is anyone impacted by the rain, insofar as they can state so?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Can everyone also pitch in on the “why would JJJ delay his lynch by one phase with a fake claim”?
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

there's no way I came back to a meatbaby town flip lol
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:17 pm
Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:09 pm
Ricochet wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:07 pm
Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:17 pm Motobaby is wolf I'm Lookout I watched Rondo last night bet bet
Can you be more specific about this role or info (within rule 3's limits, of course)?

We've been through "I tracked this = outed gg gg" already.
I see every one who visits a target

I watched Rondo

Moto visited

Moto killed

Moto is scum

GGs
Is this an attempt to save JJJ?
I love that we think alike
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:20 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:21 pm I don't want to say it like this, but it's needed to be said.

JJJ would know better than to basically fake a red as a town.

It's straight forward they ended up trading 1 for another.
Plus JJJ has only lynched town so far. That includes the fake red check. I was going to vote JJJ last day, until the claim, so once Meatball flipped town, I felt a I knew it!
oh okay never mind I dont understand your perspective
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:31 pm Feels too on the nose to be a scum play from JJJ but like I literally won't try to save him lol
I love that we think alike (part 2)
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:56 pm This is the weirdest process of analysis I'm experiencing, every detail or angle raises a BUT/YET caveat

It's within reason that JJJ fake claimed to save his skin D3 and push all play into a lock-on vote, BUT was his wagon that dire as to merit this gambit (instead of fighting it out)?
-- same question if Zenon's claim is now the fake one, this is not a lylo phase (unless there's a double kill and we reach parity toNight?)
It's within reason that JJJ fake claimed to save his skin D3, YET why or to what purpose delay his lynch by just one phase, virtually?
JJJ fake claimed a track role, BUT does JJJ fit the profile of a player so bold / un-thorough in his gambit'ing, as to have banked on there being no actual track role to counter-claim?
Apart from two details, JJJ's and Zenon's ability claim are the same, BUT is that reasonable, within the design and balance of this game?
A mafia track role to counter a civilian track role is a design/balance posibility, BUT what would the track role, designed in this fashion, truly serve the mafia?
what was his wagon like? how many votes did he get?
I was having impure thoughts of jjj being a real tracker and wolves taking advantage of something like a redirector that gave him a false result and then counter claiming the tracker
cuz also like, what are the chances the wolves would sent moto to do a kill when, if jjj is really a wolf, he would be outed today. why not just send him? moto has also been in the poe quite a bit, it generally seems like a risky move to send him regardless of the jjj situation. i'm worried about this scenario and nobody seems to have considered it
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

like maybe i'm too worried about the sort - of - unlikely, but if there traditional roles like tracker, what's to say there isn't a redirector type role? or false read kind of role?
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm actually just gonna stay on motu

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Moto*

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I know I've got a scum and I'd prefer to kill that

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I bet I cant even make use of the wood because of the rain ugh

[VOTE: Spinach & Mushroom Risotto] aubergine
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:24 am

I was having impure thoughts of jjj being a real tracker and wolves taking advantage of something like a redirector that gave him a false result and then counter claiming the tracker
cuz also like, what are the chances the wolves would sent moto to do a kill when, if jjj is really a wolf, he would be outed today. why not just send him? moto has also been in the poe quite a bit, it generally seems like a risky move to send him regardless of the jjj situation. i'm worried about this scenario and nobody seems to have considered it
I think JJJ’s wagon amounted to two or three votes right when he made his claim post.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

okay cool my most important thoughts were not responded to. cool cool
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:25 am like maybe i'm too worried about the sort - of - unlikely, but if there traditional roles like tracker, what's to say there isn't a redirector type role? or false read kind of role?
I would need some mechanical understanding on how you can track who “visits” your target and get false read (aka a false visitor, sorta).

First thought was that JJJ - surprising as that may be - was superficial and triggery with interpreting meatbaby’s visit as the only visit or the only possible explanation for tutuu’s death.

But the wagon pressure weighs down on him as a suspect motive to deflect with a (fake or not) claim.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:38 am okay cool my most important thoughts were not responded to. cool cool
I focused on the first point, if you mean me.

I dunno about projecting why motobot was the killer. Perhaps they considered it low chance for him to be a target (block, track, etc)
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:59 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:21 pm I don't want to say it like this, but it's needed to be said.

Plus JJJ has only lynched town so far. That includes the fake red check. I was going to vote JJJ last day, until the claim, so once Meatball flipped town, I felt a I knew it!
What's not to understand?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I have qualms, general or specific, with the “player X only lynched town, therefore bad” idea. Probably from bias as a frequent town mislyncher, here included.

It’s Day 4. All our lynches were town thus far.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:38 am okay cool my most important thoughts were not responded to. cool cool
Well frankly I dunno what even happened I just know I caught a scum

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

So I can't really respond to like most things

ImageImage

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:24 am
Ricochet wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:56 pm This is the weirdest process of analysis I'm experiencing, every detail or angle raises a BUT/YET caveat

If I had to take a guess, it would be because they didn't want any sort of role blocker or anything that stopped JJJ from doing actions causing maf to lose their night kill? So they had Motobot carry instead.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like I don't know how to take the Zenon claim at all at this rate after what happened Day 3.

Legit could be seeing it as the maf team just flat out deciding "Let's just continue to claim red checks on towns now that the numbers are on our side."

But also could be them accidentally causing the best form of WIFOM and Zenon's check is actually real, but the JJJ's fake ends up making us have second thoughts on the matter and we end up misyeeting Zenon on accident because we end up assuming it's another attempt at tricking the town and wolves win anyways.

"Now, Brad, which one do you think it is?"

Dude I don't fucking know.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Again this is rough because all motobot has done has just been talking about what they've been doing, which becomes reasons why they haven't done anything.
And then vote at me because I called them out on that.

And literally nothing else.
No reads.
No attempted game solving.

Nothing.

Like I hate the fact that this could be town. I want this to be mafia. I'd actually rather yeet this after JJJ and hope it's the latter option.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The most tinfoil detail about Zenon’s claim could be that it’s overpowered. Contrary to JJJ’s ability claim, Zenon would track every visit. And confirmation that there was only one visit, moto’s.

If not for this difference, Zenon’s claim would be identical to JJJ’s.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 am The most tinfoil detail about Zenon’s claim could be that it’s overpowered. Contrary to JJJ’s ability claim, Zenon would track every visit. And confirmation that there was only one visit, moto’s.

There is no way I will trust Zenon's claim over my willingness to lynch an actual outed JJJ.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Zenon wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:04 am So I can't really respond to like most things
Another reason to not trust Zenon just yet.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Belzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:36 am
Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:34 am The most tinfoil detail about Zenon’s claim could be that it’s overpowered. Contrary to JJJ’s ability claim, Zenon would track every visit. And confirmation that there was only one visit, moto’s.

There is no way I will trust Zenon's claim over my willingness to lynch an actual outed JJJ.
I’m confused. If you want to lynch JJJ, that would mean you do trust Zenon’s claim.

And can you define in what way JJJ is objectively outed?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I would argue that punitive lynches are the worst instinct to follow. Zenon’s claim is no definitive proof JJJ was fake.

But I would also argue we cannot leave both claim(er)s unflipped. If we go into Day 5 with two unknowns, it becomes a gamble.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

100% the play here is to yeet JJJ after that he basically claimed a red on a town that was basically in people's towncore and was never getting yeeted when he was being considered.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I am missing the mastermind element behind JJJ’s claim, I really do. You were on heat and wanted to delay things and win one more mislynch, ok, perhaps. But otherwise, it’s no mastermind move. It’s masterdumb.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:39 am

I’m confused. If you want to lynch JJJ, that would mean you do trust Zenon’s claim.

How does me wanting to lynch JJJ first equals trusting Zenon's claim?

Aside from getting rid of town after town, a fake red check is outing yourself as scum. Not only that. A part of me did not believe JJJ, because I have a very hard time townreading JJJ. So there is no way I will allow JJJ surviving another day. Anything that will destract us from lynching JJJ, I see as a potential scum move; to stall a lynch on another scum once again. After all mislynches we cannot allow any more mistakes.

Zenon is just like JJJ a potential scummy in my book. So I won't trust Zenon's claim right now. JJJ is my top scumread. Never rescind.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

JJJ is scum

LC town

Martin town

Zenon and moto tbc

Porscha etc also tbc
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:45 am I am missing the mastermind element behind JJJ’s claim, I really do. You were on heat and wanted to delay things and win one more mislynch, ok, perhaps. But otherwise, it’s no mastermind move. It’s masterdumb.
Writing was on the wall for the guy...idk if it was fully happening, but it was closing in on him.

Kamikaze a town that wasn't considered a yeet for most of the game.

Now let me ask you about the other side of the coin here:

Do you really think JJJ tries that as town?
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Sean maybe town too, but not sure

Rico unsure
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Belzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:58 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:59 am

What's not to understand?
I misread your first comment to mean you thought jjj might be town and then made that post which is clearly different lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:41 am
I focused on the first point, if you mean me.

I dunno about projecting why motobot was the killer. Perhaps they considered it low chance for him to be a target (block, track, etc)
He has been poe especially from tutuu, that wouldnt make sense
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Belzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:46 am

Aside from getting rid of town after town, a fake red check is outing yourself as scum. Not only that. A part of me did not believe JJJ, because I have a very hard time townreading JJJ. So there is no way I will allow JJJ surviving another day. Anything that will destract us from lynching JJJ, I see as a potential scum move; to stall a lynch on another scum once again. After all mislynches we cannot allow any more mistakes.

Zenon is just like JJJ a potential scummy in my book. So I won't trust Zenon's claim right now. JJJ is my top scumread. Never rescind.
“A fake red check is outing yourself as scum.”

This being JaggedJimmyJay, as wolf, I am certain he was aware of this backlash.

Otherwise, I think there are partial details to his claim. He only claim he saw “one” visit and deduced it must have been the killing blow.

It gives me pause that, this being JaggedJimmyJay, he did not consider for one sec that his read is limited, i.e. meatball was one of several who may have visited tutuu.

So there’s rational space for this being a town mega blunder, too.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:49 am
Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:45 am I am missing the mastermind element behind JJJ’s claim, I really do. You were on heat and wanted to delay things and win one more mislynch, ok, perhaps. But otherwise, it’s no mastermind move. It’s masterdumb.
Writing was on the wall for the guy...idk if it was fully happening, but it was closing in on him.

The fact that I took JJJ for a town tracker, eager to share the info, if a bit superficial in his analysis (that his tracked visit was the killer’s visit), is proof that I believed he would have done down as town.

The only surprise on Day 3 was that the flip was town, not that JJJ was seen town for it:
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:54 am
Belzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:46 am

“A fake red check is outing yourself as scum.”

This being JaggedJimmyJay, as wolf, I am certain he was aware of this backlash.

Otherwise, I think there are partial details to his claim. He only claim he saw “one” visit and deduced it must have been the killing blow.

It gives me pause that, this being JaggedJimmyJay, he did not consider for one sec that his read is limited, i.e. meatball was one of several who may have visited tutuu.

So there’s rational space for this being a town mega blunder, too.
JJJ being scum is the most rational and safest conclusion. Do you wanna keep alive a JJJ who fake claimed a red check, and has done only kill off townies so far? Keeping JJJ alive is the biggest mistake ever.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JJJ wolf gambit could have had so many fails on Day 3 already:

Zenon could have not been silenced and counterclaim.
Another player could have been a (real) tracker and counterclaim.
Meatbaby could have properly defended herself, including shedding light that she visited tutuu with another kind of target.

All this makes for baffling questionable wolf gambit, unless he as wolf (with the team) had more info to spin the story right.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:49 am

Like this is JJJ, a guy who early game was saying "I'm a bit rusty guys, I haven't played in forever" all day.

Then somehow he decides to commit a hero ball tactic and claim a red check suddenly?

I don't think JJJ would be the type of individual that would pull that as a town, especially if he believes that he isn't as in tune with his game as he'd want to be.

Return to “Previous Jobs”