Sesame Street Mafia Game Over Town Wins

Moderator: Community Team

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Sesame Street Mafia Day 1

Post by Master Radishes »

If Thunal ever flips mafia I've just been spewed town.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:56 am
Spoiler: show
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:06 am Damn, do I have to be the one to do Serious Game Stuff here? It's not really my thing.

Macro thing: Zenon feels like she's posting just for the sake of keeping a presence.

Micro thing 1:
Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:42 pm I only join games with at least 3 people I like now it's my new rule.

Congrats I like at least 3 of you
Objective fact: this was the worst opening post of anyone. It was neither Sesame Street related, nor a generic 'hi' or 'yay' or whatever, nor a generic shit post like 'hmm'. It shows Zenon thinking about herself, and a self-centred perspective is a scummy trait.

Micro thing 2 (will put this sequence in spoilers):
robyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:07 am brad is lock mafia
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:10 am I'm bored so sure

Vote: bread
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:12 am [VOTE: Zenon] aubergine
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:34 amVote: Tu madre
The mild 'I'm bored so sure' justification feels unnecessary, and the silly comeback to Wilgy feels like a deflection.

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
Okay, I am going to put a townlean MR for the above post. It is level 1 townie, whereas you gotta get to level 2 to think it is scummy, so this early I'mma just run with townie. This post did IMO acomplish accelerating the pace of the game (even though there were some other things prior that started us moving in that direction). MR didn't have to do anything today, but they did something to get discussion going. Not unfakable, but I think it makes more sense coming from town than scum-who-need-not-even-be-in-the-thread-today. I don't think the case itself is so damning for Zenon, but I do think the post is pro-town (even if MR is scum, the post will do the game more good than bad IMO), so yeah.
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:43 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:06 am Damn, do I have to be the one to do Serious Game Stuff here? It's not really my thing.

Macro thing: Zenon feels like she's posting just for the sake of keeping a presence.

Micro thing 1:
Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:42 pm I only join games with at least 3 people I like now it's my new rule.

Objective fact: this was the worst opening post of anyone. It was neither Sesame Street related, nor a generic 'hi' or 'yay' or whatever, nor a generic shit post like 'hmm'. It shows Zenon thinking about herself, and a self-centred perspective is a scummy trait.

The mild 'I'm bored so sure' justification feels unnecessary, and the silly comeback to Wilgy feels like a deflection.

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
This is such a bad analysis of how I play mafia I laugh in your general direction
How may times have you played with MR @Zenon?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think out of everyone around the MR/Zenon thing, I am most worried about Belzy (and one other name that will come later). They look like they very well could be scum pushing an early t/t feud. They don't get their hands as dirty as others have been, voting MR and only making one post saying they disagree with them. Also, some of their posts have come off as more like trying to be helpful without really doing much (CWAC) and a little pockety, see e.g. below. Town definitely can CWAC early game (and even late game), but coupled with how i see MR/Zenon, it worries me.
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:54 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:44 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:34 am

Why would it work that way?
Why wouldn't it?
Apparently itsa recruiting bonus, so itsa totally NAI thing.
That's...
I know...

Wanna mason with me, and lynch MR d2?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Ted is >rand!villa. I think the sus on Zenon, but then considering MR with a nuanced read looks good. Wolves could easily just pick a side to support, or stay out of it, but Ted looks like they're actually evaluating everyone involved.
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 am

Micro thing 1:

ended up voting her yesterday because of this. just seemed thought out and in a way that doesn't achieve much other than getting your foot in the thread

tho im definitely not as strong on it as you seem to be
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 am i kinda think it might be a minor bad point MR is doing this while he has a shield. part of me wants to believe he'd use it as a slank, but he's acknowledged having immunity a little too much for my liking

an additional thing is i don't know if he'd feel responsible to kickstart the game as a villa, but the worse part is that he's said nobody did anything when i thought brad went pretty hard in the paint before he posted
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a big fan of Zenon trying to appeal to a single day of a single game to deflect a read on her. It is probably NAI for Zenon herself, but I don't think it is a valid argument. Also, I don't see why you think your opener was somehow so townie to be beyond reproach?
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:07 am

Micro thing 1:

ended up voting her yesterday because of this. just seemed thought out and in a way that doesn't achieve much other than getting your foot in the thread

You wolfed with me... for a day... before the game got reranded... how is this anything like that game lol
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:14 am Imagine thinking my opener was bad in any way Lmfao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is a post by SVS that I don't like.

They picked what IMO is the most NAI parts of Zenon's game (the discussion about the prizes), and subtly shade Zenon without really ever taking a stance. I Can see the "Look, I'm getting outraged on behalf of town" thing, but they soften it so much that SVS has plausible deniability for whatever happens with a future Zenon push.

Post towards Robyn, again seems to focus on something largely NAI, question comes of as shading, but not so hard to still leave plausible deniability.

Big post with a whole lot of not a lot. This isn't fluff (except the last part), so it being like this is worrisome.
S~V~S wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:38 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:15 am Sorry I didn't default to some lame generic hi or some boring Sesame Street reference
Nothing wrong with not taking yourself too seriously in a game based on puppets from a TV show for toddlers. Being lame, generic and boring can be fun :cloud9:

Initially it got my attention that you decided a recruiting bonus had to be balanced, and picked one of the two who got one as the bad one. But you backed off that when it was pointed out to you that it was a recruiting bonus, so meh. All it means is that you didn't read the last few posts in the sign up thread.

But THEN, you didn't actually drop it, so ...
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:45 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:44 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 am Like you think they are just taking 2 town misexe options away from mafia? If I was mafia I'd throw a fit.

You think they are taking 2 mafia exe options away from town so we have to shoot for 1 wolf in a pile? If that's true as town I'm gonna throw a fit.

It's got to be balanced. Ergo 1 of each
Irrelevant.
I mean not really

I will actually be legit pissed if it's unbalanced in a way that fucks over one faction especially if it's town
So not sure what to think. It's a prize; a prize promised before either knew their factions. Prizes don't have to be balanced. This whole line of discussion feels like a bit of "Look, I'm getting outraged on behalf of town!". Or it could be just me picking apart stuff in a thread full of fluff. Speaking of that;
robyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:07 am i saw it in a dream
Lots of OT bullshit in this thread for you to pick apart, and you excel at it. Picking apart seemingly innocuous, banal posts and finding that kernel of truth. I envy your ability to do so, to see to the heart of a matter.

Is dreaming your usual method?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:43 pm
This explains some things, especially about Grover.

I'll be around most of the weekend. I'll be in and out of thread.
--------------------------------------------------

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy
This all is still based on very little. Your very early with such detailed read list this time. This does not make you necessirily town. Mostly thin air imo.
You complain about how slow the game is, state that you want us to work together to decide on an elim, but then when I actually put in the work to help town do just that (yes, off very little, but how exactly do you expect there to be "a lot" if people don't start with the little bit at the beginning of the game?), this is your response?

Nah.

[VOTE: Belzy] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
Okay, I am going to put a townlean MR for the above post. It is level 1 townie, whereas you gotta get to level 2 to think it is scummy, so this early I'mma just run with townie. This post did IMO acomplish accelerating the pace of the game (even though there were some other things prior that started us moving in that direction). MR didn't have to do anything today, but they did something to get discussion going. Not unfakable, but I think it makes more sense coming from town than scum-who-need-not-even-be-in-the-thread-today. I don't think the case itself is so damning for Zenon, but I do think the post is pro-town (even if MR is scum, the post will do the game more good than bad IMO), so yeah.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
This is such a bad analysis of how I play mafia I laugh in your general direction
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think out of everyone around the MR/Zenon thing, I am most worried about Belzy (and one other name that will come later). They look like they very well could be scum pushing an early t/t feud. They don't get their hands as dirty as others have been, voting MR and only making one post saying they disagree with them. Also, some of their posts have come off as more like trying to be helpful without really doing much (CWAC) and a little pockety, see e.g. below. Town definitely can CWAC early game (and even late game), but coupled with how i see MR/Zenon, it worries me.

Why wouldn't it?
That's...
I know...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Ted is >rand!villa. I think the sus on Zenon, but then considering MR with a nuanced read looks good. Wolves could easily just pick a side to support, or stay out of it, but Ted looks like they're actually evaluating everyone involved.

Micro thing 1:

tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 am i kinda think it might be a minor bad point MR is doing this while he has a shield. part of me wants to believe he'd use it as a slank, but he's acknowledged having immunity a little too much for my liking

an additional thing is i don't know if he'd feel responsible to kickstart the game as a villa, but the worse part is that he's said nobody did anything when i thought brad went pretty hard in the paint before he posted
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not a big fan of Zenon trying to appeal to a single day of a single game to deflect a read on her. It is probably NAI for Zenon herself, but I don't think it is a valid argument. Also, I don't see why you think your opener was somehow so townie to be beyond reproach?

Micro thing 1:

You wolfed with me... for a day... before the game got reranded... how is this anything like that game lol
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:14 am Imagine thinking my opener was bad in any way Lmfao

They picked what IMO is the most NAI parts of Zenon's game (the discussion about the prizes), and subtly shade Zenon without really ever taking a stance. I Can see the "Look, I'm getting outraged on behalf of town" thing, but they soften it so much that SVS has plausible deniability for whatever happens with a future Zenon push.

Post towards Robyn, again seems to focus on something largely NAI, question comes of as shading, but not so hard to still leave plausible deniability.

Big post with a whole lot of not a lot. This isn't fluff (except the last part), so it being like this is worrisome.
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:15 am Sorry I didn't default to some lame generic hi or some boring Sesame Street reference
Nothing wrong with not taking yourself too seriously in a game based on puppets from a TV show for toddlers. Being lame, generic and boring can be fun :cloud9:

Initially it got my attention that you decided a recruiting bonus had to be balanced, and picked one of the two who got one as the bad one. But you backed off that when it was pointed out to you that it was a recruiting bonus, so meh. All it means is that you didn't read the last few posts in the sign up thread.

Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 am Like you think they are just taking 2 town misexe options away from mafia? If I was mafia I'd throw a fit.

You think they are taking 2 mafia exe options away from town so we have to shoot for 1 wolf in a pile? If that's true as town I'm gonna throw a fit.

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

I will actually be legit pissed if it's unbalanced in a way that fucks over one faction especially if it's town
So not sure what to think. It's a prize; a prize promised before either knew their factions. Prizes don't have to be balanced. This whole line of discussion feels like a bit of "Look, I'm getting outraged on behalf of town!". Or it could be just me picking apart stuff in a thread full of fluff. Speaking of that;
Lots of OT bullshit in this thread for you to pick apart, and you excel at it. Picking apart seemingly innocuous, banal posts and finding that kernel of truth. I envy your ability to do so, to see to the heart of a matter.

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy
This all is still based on very little. Your very early with such detailed read list this time. This does not make you necessirily town. Mostly thin air imo.
You complain about how slow the game is, state that you want us to work together to decide on an elim, but then when I actually put in the work to help town do just that (yes, off very little, but how exactly do you expect there to be "a lot" if people don't start with the little bit at the beginning of the game?), this is your response?

Nah.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I'm liking Belzy so far since I think her reactions and general gameplay have been to move the game along and imo that continued focus is level 1 towny. So far I think Zenon looks the worst because she feels caught for the wrong reasons.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

double post means it's twice as correct.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:59 am Zenon and I mason'd before, and I support her protest.

Gimme more posts, so we can make a good case on someone.
How about you give some posts with actual content/reads?

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

This is what I mean by caught for the wrong reasons, the focus of Zenon's defense was on that her opening was fine instead of looking at the rest of her play or believing she'll become obv town later.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Kate wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:05 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:53 am This was @Seanzie I didn't notice posts between until after I posted. I know all you mega posters loathe linki review, but I really do miss it.

S~V~S wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:51 am I think the Robyn thing IS AI.

And I don't know what to think of Zenon. That's why i brought it up.

This really feels like trying too hard to look towny. The mistake about whether or not being on the poll it is NAI, meh. I was more intrigued to her reaction to Belzy telling her is was NAI. She kinda wouldn't let it go, as opposed to your reaction of , Oh, OK.

Not the same.

But not sure if this is bad Zenon trying to look townier, or embarrassed Zenon trying to save face for making an easy mistake. So you know, you poke a bit to see how they react.

I also dislike a big RVS vote train on Zenon.
I'm sorta a mega poster and I'd give anything for the return of linki.
Can someone explain to me what Linki is? I know you and lots of the people who returned to TS around the same time you did talk about it all the time, but I'm not sure what it actually is.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Kate wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:06 am

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Why wouldn't it?
That's...
I know...

Micro thing 1:

Micro thing 1:

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy
Seanzie, youre calling out svs? Nah, not seeing it. At least not yet.
I will keep that in mind, while also following my nose wherever it goes.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:10 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:32 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:59 am Is not being in the poll NAI... at random?
probably, tho i imagine someone is bound to be pissed if one of them turns out to be an obvwolf and we can’t lunch them

myself included
I'd bet a million dollars one is a wolf and the other is town
Why wouldn't it?
Recruiting bonus? Roxy said me and Kate would start with something in the opening post, not Kate and MR. I'm still waiting lol.
No, you were RECRUITED, not the RECRUITER. No bonus for you.

Warning: BELOW IS A POST FROM THE SIGNUP THREAD, NOT A POST FROM THIS GAME!!!!
Roxy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:44 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm I recruited myself.

Kate wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:04 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:20 pm
Kate wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:07 pm @Thunal33 comeonnnnnn.
I'll do it, only to be the signup hero.
Yay @Roxy where's my prize?
You both will start with something I will include it in the opening post <3
The "you both" seem very likely to be the two people who Roxy was quoting - MR and Kate.

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

This gives a bit of info about Zenon. Town Zenon could think of this under any circumstance, but I don't think mafia Zenon would even think of this if she didn't think it were messing up her team's chances.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:14 am Fun fact: Sean got top 2 posters in his bottom 3. Most ppl barely posted so far.
Yeah, it's almost as if I only sorted people that I felt like had enough content to actually say something about :bored:

Master Radishes
Hitman

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:39 am

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

This gives a bit of info about Zenon. Town Zenon could think of this under any circumstance, but I don't think mafia Zenon would even think of this if she didn't think it were messing up her team's chances.
I'm not sure I agree - I think anyone could, as mafia, reasonably see it as bad for both factions.

But I did find it somewhat performative. It's quite strong language for a fairly minor, temporary mechanic.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am I'm liking Belzy so far since I think her reactions and general gameplay have been to move the game along and imo that continued focus is level 1 towny. So far I think Zenon looks the worst because she feels caught for the wrong reasons.
What has Belzy done to move the game along?

Master Radishes
Hitman

Btw Belzy, meant to say,
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:32 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:06 am Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
Lock scum seems like a stretch. Does zenon not often say to be bored?
My 'LOCK SCUM' comment was intended to be intentionally a bit silly. No one is 'lock' anything less than 100 posts into the game.

My case on Zenon was and is nitpicky. But at least it got and is still getting some discussion going.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 105

Post by S~V~S »

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Thank you for this; I got the exact opposite feel from it. It felt to me like trying to look towny. But I have problems reading her, I've discovered that Zenon and I have very very different perspectives on the game. We'll see the same thing totally opposite ways, and we'll both have valid reasons for it. But this makes sense.

Do you have any perspectives on the people voting for her? Three seems alot for pressure votes or just silly RVS votes.

Also Hi!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 180
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am double post means it's twice as correct.
Lol

-> :werewolf: :werewolf:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:43 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am I'm liking Belzy so far since I think her reactions and general gameplay have been to move the game along and imo that continued focus is level 1 towny. So far I think Zenon looks the worst because she feels caught for the wrong reasons.
Not much, to answer that question. Though personally, I like that Belzy's uninfluened reaction (no one else had yet seen or reacted to it) to my Zenon case was to defend Zenon. That feels pretty bold for w/w so early on, and w!Belzy is probably not going to stop me pushing t!Zenon.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:55 am
Not much, to answer that question. Though personally, I like that Belzy's uninfluened reaction (no one else had yet seen or reacted to it) to my Zenon case was to defend Zenon. That feels pretty bold for w/w so early on, and w!Belzy is probably not going to stop me pushing t!Zenon.
Can you elaborate on this? I don't see why not. Wolves protect townies all the time - for pocketing or trying to be on the right side of flips, or or setting up later pushes on people who are pushing said townie.

Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Why wouldn't it?
That's...
I know...

Micro thing 1:

Micro thing 1:

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy

Nah.

I would try to work together where I think I should. You seem to try too hard to look town. I want you to be town, because your reads have been the best in our past few games, but this time you make very early cases I fail to see anything I can engage or agree with.

Now you vote for me. I think you just wanna get rid of me. Is that it?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:58 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:55 am
Can you elaborate on this? I don't see why not. Wolves protect townies all the time - for pocketing or trying to be on the right side of flips, or or setting up later pushes on people who are pushing said townie.
'Probably' is doing the heavy lifting in my initial thought there. Of course it's possible.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:15 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:08 am This game is awfully slow. Only two posts during a football match I just watched.

Can we for once unite as town and win for a change?

1: Kate and MR poll thing is NAI, and move on.

2: decide on a lynch.
I feel like while the game started rather slow, it is clearly picking up. There is a lot of AI info from you, Zenon, MR, Ted, and SVS sitting in this last page. There also is probably enough AI info to get a good read on Lime.

I'mma summarize my thoughts in a minute, but I am a bit confused as to how you aren't seeing the game escalating, since you are one of the people that is in the thick of it.
So I am part of the escalation, but not moving it forward?
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Sean's case on me seems forced, but I don't want another d1 drama where we tunnel each other. So I willl decide eod1 on Sean, and spread my focus.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:59 am

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

That's...
I know...

Micro thing 1:

Micro thing 1:

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy

Nah.

I would try to work together where I think I should. You seem to try too hard to look town. I want you to be town, because your reads have been the best in our past few games, but this time you make very early cases I fail to see anything I can engage or agree with.

If you disagree with any of the reads I've given, you are welcome to explain. If you don't see how to engage with them, I think that's on you, not me. I am happy to talk about any of them, consider people's opinions and re-eval. This post (and every post I've seen from you) does nothing to make that happen though.

Yes, actually. I did vote you specifically because I do want to get rid of you, but not in the way you're insinuating here.

Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am You complain about how slow the game is, state that you want us to work together to decide on an elim, but then when I actually put in the work to help town do just that (yes, off very little, but how exactly do you expect there to be "a lot" if people don't start with the little bit at the beginning of the game?), this is your response?

Nah.

I have to say, I'm not sure on Seanzie yet. His take on me/Zenon was to basically call us both mildly town (or at least not scum) and then pivot onto you as a third option based on your reaction to it.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:45 am Okay, I am going to put a townlean MR for the above post. It is level 1 townie, whereas you gotta get to level 2 to think it is scummy, so this early I'mma just run with townie. This post did IMO acomplish accelerating the pace of the game (even though there were some other things prior that started us moving in that direction). MR didn't have to do anything today, but they did something to get discussion going. Not unfakable, but I think it makes more sense coming from town than scum-who-need-not-even-be-in-the-thread-today. I don't think the case itself is so damning for Zenon, but I do think the post is pro-town (even if MR is scum, the post will do the game more good than bad IMO), so yeah.

<snip>

In a vacuum that's fine, but it is well within the playbook of how a wolf might engage with it - discuss the main topic of conversation but also try to insert an original thought.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:04 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:15 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:08 am This game is awfully slow. Only two posts during a football match I just watched.

Can we for once unite as town and win for a change?

1: Kate and MR poll thing is NAI, and move on.

2: decide on a lynch.
I feel like while the game started rather slow, it is clearly picking up. There is a lot of AI info from you, Zenon, MR, Ted, and SVS sitting in this last page. There also is probably enough AI info to get a good read on Lime.

I'mma summarize my thoughts in a minute, but I am a bit confused as to how you aren't seeing the game escalating, since you are one of the people that is in the thick of it.
So I am part of the escalation, but not moving it forward?
I'd like to hear from Thunal.

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Imo her MR push had that intention.
ImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

What is CWAC btw?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am You complain about how slow the game is, state that you want us to work together to decide on an elim, but then when I actually put in the work to help town do just that (yes, off very little, but how exactly do you expect there to be "a lot" if people don't start with the little bit at the beginning of the game?), this is your response?

Nah.

I have to say, I'm not sure on Seanzie yet. His take on me/Zenon was to basically call us both mildly town (or at least not scum) and then pivot onto you as a third option based on your reaction to it.
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:45 am Okay, I am going to put a townlean MR for the above post. It is level 1 townie, whereas you gotta get to level 2 to think it is scummy, so this early I'mma just run with townie. This post did IMO acomplish accelerating the pace of the game (even though there were some other things prior that started us moving in that direction). MR didn't have to do anything today, but they did something to get discussion going. Not unfakable, but I think it makes more sense coming from town than scum-who-need-not-even-be-in-the-thread-today. I don't think the case itself is so damning for Zenon, but I do think the post is pro-town (even if MR is scum, the post will do the game more good than bad IMO), so yeah.

<snip>

In a vacuum that's fine, but it is well within the playbook of how a wolf might engage with it - discuss the main topic of conversation but also try to insert an original thought.
Yup.

Yup, but wolf-compatible does not equal wolf.

Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:18 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:15 pm

Nah.

<snip>

Yup.

Yup, but wolf-compatible does not equal wolf.
Yeah, I know. Just voicing Thoughts and Things.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

So far I’m inclined to think Belzy vs Sean is TvT. I think Sean pressuring Belzy this hard is indicative of his town game and I think Belzy wanting to back off and decide on Sean later is towny for her.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie's glow certainly brightens up the page.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

robyn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:03 pm [VOTE: Robyn] aubergine
[VOTE: Brad] aubergine
You two have a history together?

Robyn, might be the only one I never played with before.

So far underwhelming. Please post more.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Shine bright like a diamond
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:17 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:16 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:15 am sounds villagery
...is response to?
your post
What's v about it?
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Ted is basicly voting Zenon cuz of her opening. I also need more posts from Ted.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:27 pm Ted is basicly voting Zenon cuz of her opening. I also need more posts from Ted.
I wanted to say that is basicly Ted's main game content so far.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Imo her MR push had that intention.
I think that is accurate, but it is the only thing she has done, and I think if you look a little deeper at it, it isn't actually doing as much as it looks.

Here are all the relevant posts IMO:
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:32 am

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.
Lock scum seems like a stretch. Does zenon not often say to be bored?
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 am I don't like MR's case on Zenon. I could ...not... vote for MR.
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 am I don't like MR's case on Zenon. I could ...not... vote for MR.
Yeah I'd already be voting there if it was an option
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:45 am[VOTE: MR] aubergine
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:49 am

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

It's only during d1 I figure. Bazooka down Roxy, Kate and MR, and move on.
First post by Belzy is an easy meta-defense, and "lock scum seems like a stretch"... of course it's a stretch, and Belzy's taking it at face value rather than considering what MR might be doing here (which I interpret to be overstating early reads in order to cause reactions - or faking this tactic as a wolf). First post also doesn't really push the game forward, if anything it simply softens the effect of MR's post (which actually is the thing pushing the game forward). Second post is IMO the only one that pushes the game forward, but "I don't like this" isn't much. No explanation, not knitpicking, just complaining that they can't vote there. Zenon comes in and agrees, and Belzy then votes MR, which is literally performative (this could come from town, but again it isn't pushing the game forward, and I think it is possible that it was to buddy up with Zenon), and then "Bazooka Roxy, Kate and MR" all the sudden they're joking about their MR push, which again softens the effects of it.

They have one post IMO that actually causes the game to move forward. It is possible their other posts were intending to do so, but I don't buy it,

Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:49 pm I'm gone til Sunday folks

Your off to some festival or so? Enjoy.

So falcon will relatively miss d1? Hmpf, that is 3 ppl (also Kate and MR) who are not real d1 options.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:10 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:32 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:59 am Is not being in the poll NAI... at random?
probably, tho i imagine someone is bound to be pissed if one of them turns out to be an obvwolf and we can’t lunch them

myself included
I'd bet a million dollars one is a wolf and the other is town
Why wouldn't it?
Recruiting bonus? Roxy said me and Kate would start with something in the opening post, not Kate and MR. I'm still waiting lol.
I'm pretty sure it was radishes and me.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Why wouldn't it?
That's...
I know...

Micro thing 1:

Micro thing 1:

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy

Nah.

I was just going to type this.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:30 pm ...Belzy's taking it at face value rather than considering what MR might be doing here (which I interpret to be overstating early reads in order to cause reactions - or faking this tactic as a wolf).
It's the second option, but you can't vote me for it.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Why is your vote on Zenon?

Wilg so far made lol votes on MR and Kate, a naked vote on Zenon, and that's it.

Come on. Why is half the thread doing nothing? 24 hrs have passed.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:18 pm What is CWAC btw?
Contributing without actually contributing. Things like mech discussions and some other types of discussions make people "look helpful" without really actually doing that much to be helpful - or are things that people would have figured out regardless and so don't actually give a lot of benefit. Both town and scum do it, so it in-itself isn't really bad, but scum is slightly more incentivized to do it to get townread without actually doing pro-town things.

I consider your posts to me and Zenon about why MR and Kate were not on the poll to be CWAC.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:34 am
This is what I mean by caught for the wrong reasons, the focus of Zenon's defense was on that her opening was fine instead of looking at the rest of her play or believing she'll become obv town later.
I agree. Her response is in reaction to someone snubbing her opening remarks. I wouldn't vote her today.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:35 am
Kate wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:06 am

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

Micro thing 1:

Zenon is LOCK SCUM.

Discuss.

That's...
I know...

Micro thing 1:

Micro thing 1:

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Ted

MR

Zenon

SVS
Belzy
Seanzie, youre calling out svs? Nah, not seeing it. At least not yet.
I will keep that in mind, while also following my nose wherever it goes.
I shall also be keeping an eye on your nose.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:57 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:35 am I'm so booooored this game is so slow
Yeah I put that vote in because I was wondering what could Robyn have had that "hmm" reaction or thought towards, because it was all fluff and RVS and nothing useful at all before that.

Plus to get something going on top of that since the first near 24 hours is useless and deadline is upcoming today...I think? So yeah let's get something going.

And then Robyn's reaction and answer was bad and now I just think she's mafia.
Can you elaborate on Robyn=mafia?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Irrelevant.
I mean not really

Hmm. Not sure I agree here. I don't think zenon is wolfie so far but if she were wolf and she KNOWS both Radishes and I are civ she might me po'd. However...in that case.. would she mention it in thread. That's my question.
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:36 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:18 pm What is CWAC btw?
Contributing without actually contributing. Things like mech discussions and some other types of discussions make people "look helpful" without really actually doing that much to be helpful - or are things that people would have figured out regardless and so don't actually give a lot of benefit. Both town and scum do it, so it in-itself isn't really bad, but scum is slightly more incentivized to do it to get townread without actually doing pro-town things.

I consider your posts to me and Zenon about why MR and Kate were not on the poll to be CWAC.
Dude, I explained why it is NAI. You even thanked me for it, and you call it CWAC? Why are you being so damn unfair with me? Half the thread has done ssss-it and you expect me to contribute more than what's possible?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:27 pm Ted is basicly voting Zenon cuz of her opening. I also need more posts from Ted.
Ted said he'd be slanking.

Return to “Previous Heists”