Sesame Street Mafia Game Over Town Wins

Moderator: Community Team

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Sesame Street Mafia Day 1

Post by Master Radishes »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:32 am Come on. Please trust me. She's bad. This is disheartening (I hate to sound ATE, but it is). I'm not understanding why this is so hard for everyone. I'm really not.
I think most people believe you. That doesn't necessarily mean Belzy is scum, though. And spending 48h waiting for Belzy to die doesn't sound productive.

There's nothing wrong with other people wanting to poke around in other directions in the mean time.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:38 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:32 am Come on. Please trust me. She's bad. This is disheartening (I hate to sound ATE, but it is). I'm not understanding why this is so hard for everyone. I'm really not.
I think most people believe you. That doesn't necessarily mean Belzy is scum, though. And spending 48h waiting for Belzy to die doesn't sound productive.

There's nothing wrong with other people wanting to poke around in other directions in the mean time.
Oops, sorry Seanzie, flip-flopped my opinion on Belzy again. :doh:
Master Radishes
Hitman

To continue, like, I was actually kind of getting into the game on D1, but my motivation is gone for D2 here. Partially that's a me thing (other things came up and took my attention) but also it's because everything now revolves around a she-said-she-said dichotomy I'm not involved in, so like...I may as well just wait till the flip so we can move on one way or another, y'know?

I feel like it's fairly clear we're going to flip Belzy today. So I'm not going to bother wasting more time thinking about whether it's indignant townie or cornered baddie. I'm mostly mulling over a few other slots that haven't gotten as much attention, and letting thoughts percolate in my brain space. I have half-formed thoughts on the gamestate we're in and what it means, but since Belzy has become the thread's centre of gravity none of it is worth pursuing until we have her alignment to anchor our worldview.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 105

Post by S~V~S »

I know, I'm just so paranoid of last minute vote shenanigans and manipulations throughout the day, that I'd fell a lot better with a bigger than one vote margin on Belzy.

Of course we talk about other things, but all these moving votes are stressing me out, :puppy: I'll probably just repost that last post ^^ a few times over the course of today and just stay out of here, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:44 am

To continue, like, I was actually kind of getting into the game on D1, but my motivation is gone for D2 here. Partially that's a me thing (other things came up and took my attention) but also it's because everything now revolves around a she-said-she-said dichotomy I'm not involved in, so like...I may as well just wait till the flip so we can move on one way or another, y'know?

I feel like it's fairly clear we're going to flip Belzy today. So I'm not going to bother wasting more time thinking about whether it's indignant townie or cornered baddie. I'm mostly mulling over a few other slots that haven't gotten as much attention, and letting thoughts percolate in my brain space. I have half-formed thoughts on the gamestate we're in and what it means, but since Belzy has become the thread's centre of gravity none of it is worth pursuing until we have her alignment to anchor our worldview.
It's not as clear to me, with votes peeling off and lots of small wagons.

I'm sorry that happened, it wasn't my intention. I figured I'd say what happened, the mob would rabble rabble, and then we'd talk about other thoughts. I wasn't trying to turn it into this.

I just want it over, too, so i can get NKed tonight and move on :noble:

Assuming she is bad, who do you think could be partnered with her, or not?
Master Radishes
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:49 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:44 am

It's not as clear to me, with votes peeling off and lots of small wagons.

I'm sorry that happened, it wasn't my intention. I figured I'd say what happened, the mob would rabble rabble, and then we'd talk about other thoughts. I wasn't trying to turn it into this.

I just want it over, too, so i can get NKed tonight and move on :noble:

Assuming she is bad, who do you think could be partnered with her, or not?
No no, I know it wasn't intentional. It's just what it evolved into. It happens.

I kind of want to see her flip before I worry about specific partners.

In general, I think this is a game where the mafia don't have any grand strategy so much as they are doing the usual coast-by-and-let-town-go-wrong (especially if Belzy is good). Unfortunately, that sort of 'coasting' presence fits a lot of slots in this game, so it doesn't help narrow things down much.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

i think she’s wolfy for her reaction, not the vote switching

kinda find it hard for someone to think they could buy themselves out of a lunch after spending at least 10 posts defending them and sneak voting them to get them across

I don’t understand how you view that as a wolf ploy lol
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

it’s paramount to outing yourself
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:03 am i think she’s wolfy for her reaction, not the vote switching

kinda find it hard for someone to think they could buy themselves out of a lunch after spending at least 10 posts defending them and sneak voting them to get them across

I don’t understand how you view that as a wolf ploy lol
I know you disagree, Ted.

It was the only unposted vote she made the whole game.

She started making the posts defendinG Thunal about 15 minutes after she moved her vote to Robyn.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

oh now i get it then

[VOTE: belzy ] aubergine

thought all the defences and villa read on thunal was prior to the voting thing
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:36 am
In the interests of not being my usual snarky and unhelpful self, and also because I'm bored atm, I'll respond properly.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm I'm a bit worried about their whole PoE thing yesterday. It felt very contrived, and it seemed like a way for them to avoid doing any work on their own while trying to look townie.
That's...certainly a possible interpretation. An uncharitable one, but valid I guess.

The gamestate in D1 was lacklustre. We didn't have much direction. That's not uncommon, of course, and I myself am often all over the place D1. But I wanted to create a PoE for myself and include others' inputs (hence doing it publicly, not in my own head) because there were slots I wasn't sure on (e.g. I felt compromised on reading Zenon at that point).

I didn't intend to make it a bigger thing, but then, getting to see where people's heads were at, I noticed a pattern emerging (earlier responders named most or all of SVS/fingersplints/Seanzie as no-chops) and pursued it a bit.

As a side note, I'll point out that we had a fairly wide good opinion (let's say 'townlean') on SVS/Splints/Seanzie and none of them were the NK. I don't think that has to mean anything just yet, but it might be interesting to remember that after further NKs.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm The Epi is low EV thing might have been at a time where Epi had only two posts.
Epi was just a bad value D1 kill regardless of whatever post count he was at. (Sorry, Epi.) I think he can easily still be a scum slot here, but I don't actually have a particularly strong opinion. When Falcon voted there I followed mostly for funsies. You never know what might happen when a sudden small wagon springs up, y'know?
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Then today's "where is Falcon?" post gave me the heebee jeebies.
Why?
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Finally, the way they talked about the Belzy reaction seems to have a bit of a timescale issue (but I could be wrong). In their first post about it, they mention that SVS/Belzy looks like t/t, and end that post saying "Belzy's strong reaction could be a wolfy attempt to fight back". The way this post is written, it looks like it was all written at once with no re-reading in between.... but then a few posts later they say that on initial read they thought Belzy was indignant townie, but upon re-read thought cornered scum.

Was that first post written before the re-read? (it sure doesn't feel like it from the last paragraph), or after the re-read (it sure doesn't feel like it from the first 2/3 of the post)? Seems very weird. Feels kind of like the timeline of MR's thoughts was made up afterwards to serve a purpose.
I don't...quite get the issue here? I skimmed the whole Belzy/SVS briefly, felt it was 'indignant towny', then later re-read more carefully and wavered on that opinion?
How much did you waver at the time? Were you 1.) gung-ho on Scum!Belzy, seeing it as a 2.) GTH scum!Belzy, but without confidence, or were you still 3.) thinking t/t, but considering perhaps Belzy!scum wasn't out of this world (or create your own option 4)?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@S~V~S if somehow we got Belzy's flip right now and they flipped town, where would your head be at?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Shoot me. If she flips town I fucking suck.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

All of my worldview is based on this one thing right now.

It’s a tunnel. I think it’s a valid tunnel, but it’s still a tunnel.

Regardless, I think you’re town, Dplints, Zenon, Thunal, Epi probably Radishes and LC are also.

Otherwise not sure based on Belzys flip.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I'm done trying
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

So do whatever your gonna do

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:50 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:36 am
In the interests of not being my usual snarky and unhelpful self, and also because I'm bored atm, I'll respond properly.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm I'm a bit worried about their whole PoE thing yesterday. It felt very contrived, and it seemed like a way for them to avoid doing any work on their own while trying to look townie.
That's...certainly a possible interpretation. An uncharitable one, but valid I guess.

The gamestate in D1 was lacklustre. We didn't have much direction. That's not uncommon, of course, and I myself am often all over the place D1. But I wanted to create a PoE for myself and include others' inputs (hence doing it publicly, not in my own head) because there were slots I wasn't sure on (e.g. I felt compromised on reading Zenon at that point).

I didn't intend to make it a bigger thing, but then, getting to see where people's heads were at, I noticed a pattern emerging (earlier responders named most or all of SVS/fingersplints/Seanzie as no-chops) and pursued it a bit.

As a side note, I'll point out that we had a fairly wide good opinion (let's say 'townlean') on SVS/Splints/Seanzie and none of them were the NK. I don't think that has to mean anything just yet, but it might be interesting to remember that after further NKs.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm The Epi is low EV thing might have been at a time where Epi had only two posts.
Epi was just a bad value D1 kill regardless of whatever post count he was at. (Sorry, Epi.) I think he can easily still be a scum slot here, but I don't actually have a particularly strong opinion. When Falcon voted there I followed mostly for funsies. You never know what might happen when a sudden small wagon springs up, y'know?
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Then today's "where is Falcon?" post gave me the heebee jeebies.
Why?
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Finally, the way they talked about the Belzy reaction seems to have a bit of a timescale issue (but I could be wrong). In their first post about it, they mention that SVS/Belzy looks like t/t, and end that post saying "Belzy's strong reaction could be a wolfy attempt to fight back". The way this post is written, it looks like it was all written at once with no re-reading in between.... but then a few posts later they say that on initial read they thought Belzy was indignant townie, but upon re-read thought cornered scum.

Was that first post written before the re-read? (it sure doesn't feel like it from the last paragraph), or after the re-read (it sure doesn't feel like it from the first 2/3 of the post)? Seems very weird. Feels kind of like the timeline of MR's thoughts was made up afterwards to serve a purpose.
I don't...quite get the issue here? I skimmed the whole Belzy/SVS briefly, felt it was 'indignant towny', then later re-read more carefully and wavered on that opinion?
How much did you waver at the time? Were you 1.) gung-ho on Scum!Belzy, seeing it as a 2.) GTH scum!Belzy, but without confidence, or were you still 3.) thinking t/t, but considering perhaps Belzy!scum wasn't out of this world (or create your own option 4)?
Between (2) and (3). I can't say I had made a firm decision in my head. I can just now see both worlds fairly equally.

GTH right now I'd prooobably expect a town flip?
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:41 am Anyway,

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
Onion ring.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:39 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:13 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:07 pm @Seanzie definitely once, possibly twice. I didn’t notice and movement any other time. I don’t know for 100% sure. I wasn’t refreshing like clockwork, I know I saw it once after the initial time, but I won’t swear it never happened again.

I saw what I saw and her reaction cemented it for me.
Just to be sure I understand though, when you say "definitely once", do you mean that

1.) you definitely saw it for one 2-3 minute period between refreshes,

or did you have a situation where you:

2.) saw it, knowing you hadn't refreshed, hadn't clicked to see more posts, anything, for at least 2-3 minutes, then refreshed and it was still there?
I'm specifically asking because while Belzy's story seems weird, she does give of kind of an indignant vibe about it. It is possible that is bravado (and that is what I'm leaning towards), but I'd like to rule out the possiblity that your two stories are compatable. The poll is a little funny in how it resets (and I just did a few tests to check my understanding myself), so I want to make sure I know exactly what you're claiming to see to check if it is truly incompatible with Belzy's claim, or compatible, but coming from a misunderstanding about the poll.
I already townread Sean but this confirms it for me. Town are way more likely to think of things like testing how the poll resets because they're actually solving instead of faking it.
What are these tests and how do you preform them?
I don't know. I just think the idea of testing the poll is towny.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:10 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 am waganz don’t feel great, im only voting belzy for self press

and even though they have some weird posts, i haven’t decided if they’re wolfy or just a villager that doesn’t care
tedxtr wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm i dont mind dying (i probably will) as long as you lunch kate right after
This is still living in my mind. Why vote Belzy for self pres that early in the day especially when Ted doesn't seem to mind dying later?
i can't change my mind in 12 hrs?
You can, but I'm wondering why you thought it was necessary to vote specifically Belzy for self pres that early in the day.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:39 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:41 am Anyway,

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
Onion ring.
You've said this before, and I didn't understand. What are you trying to communicate here?

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 67

Post by DrWilgy »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:19 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:35 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:24 pm I'd like to propose a wolf MR world.

Discuss.
I don't think they are inherently wolfy, but I'm curious as to what changed between their "Epi is low EV" and now.
Is...is your first non-emoji/licking post about me?

I think I should be honoured.
You should be. You happened to be a focal point the moment I got too bored waiting for sandwiches at a firehouse.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:32 am As an aside, after ^^ Belzy makes a "any reason why" remark at Wilgy, who she has been shading all game (which I figured out from rereading her at 4 effing 30 this AM cause I couldn't sleep thinking about this game lolol), without making any real effort to do anything about him. She even made a cute little remark about how hard it is to get a Wilgy vote going.

Until Sean moved to Robyn, 3 minutes before the poll ended, and Wilgy moved to Robyn right after Sean Like 2 minutes.

I could consider a Wilgy vote, but it would be for associative reasons, and meta reads (like I think his responses to Belzys shade were not what i would expect of town Wilgy, like I said, it's his town tell for me), but it would be an associative read based on Belzy being bad. I would rather yeet Belzy first. Yeeting someone becasue I think they're the partner of someone else who I think is bad would be putting the cart before the horse.
What response does indicate a town tell for me?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Okay, I reviewed some past games from Belzy to try to check on some of the points Zenon made in their favor from earlier. I skimmed their ISO from TS's anniversary game III where they were wolf, and skimmed both turtle games where they were town. The anniversary game might not be the absolute best meta since it was their first game back in a while, but I don't know of any more recent wolf games of theirs.

Here and in AGIII, Belzy comes off as very aggressive, reactionary and OMGUSy to suspicion (both my early sus of her D1, and today's push from SVS), whereas in both turtles games, Belzy feels very... exasperated when sussed. I don't see them OMGUS at all, and feels like they just don't want to be bothered.

Also of note, in Turtles, Belzy early on "mason"ed with Zenon, but then quickly showed a lot of paranoia about it (I don't think she full-on flipped on townreading Zenon, but she definitely showed that she was wary of Zenon at points), whereas here, Belzy seems steadfast in lock!towning Zenon without looking back.

I know these are few datapoints, but after review, Belzy looks a lot more like scum!Belzy to me than town!Belzy based off this.

[VOTE: Belzy] aubergine

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:47 am
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:26 pm I don't actually think SVS lied that Belzy sniped me, but I want to make sure. Did anyone else see Belzy vote me in the poll?
I always post my vote in thread to see. One time when I wanted to vote Robyn I misclicked on your wagon, but corrected it within 5 seconds. So if someone saw my misclick... sniped you? Eod1 my vote was parked on Robyn, so i def did not snipe you.
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:49 am
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:47 am
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:26 pm I don't actually think SVS lied that Belzy sniped me, but I want to make sure. Did anyone else see Belzy vote me in the poll?
I always post my vote in thread to see. One time when I wanted to vote Robyn I misclicked on your wagon, but corrected it within 5 seconds. So if someone saw my misclick... sniped you? Eod1 my vote was parked on Robyn, so i def did not snipe you.
Or it was Ted instead of Robyn..so even earlier on d1
I think Belzy may have actually misclicked at one point. I don't think she'd tell two different stories if it were a complete lie, I think she'd try hard to stick with one.
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:02 am Anyone besides SVS who saw me snipe voting once???
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:04 am There is no way town is this insincere on making a case and locking it based on lies. Iso me and you will see i post my votes changes..
As I mentioned earlier if I was suspected for a misclick I wouldn't accuse SVS of lying, I'd think we had different views of it. This certainty on SVS feels like Belzy's cornered, and the reasons she comes up with feel made up on the spot. She concluded she had to push SVS first, then found whatever reasons she could come up with later.
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:50 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:04 pm @Zenon thanks for the explanation, I must have missed it when I read your posts.

Also agree re Robyn walking away before the situation plays out being NAI.

I don’t see her as towny though, so there’s that.
Thanks Zenon for explaining. So SVS actually looks good now over that. So I give SVS that.
I don't really believe out of all the things in SVS's ISO, it's thanking Zenon for explaining that is a + point for SVS and that's the only one. It feels like she's trying not to be perceived as getting into a thunderdome at this point and imo still thinks she has a chance of not being caught.

Then only later she went into the repeatedly pinging SVS and doubling down that SVS is scum.

I'll assume wolf Belzy for this paragraph. I don't think Belzy believed she was caught at first, and I think it would be reasonable for Belzy's teammates to not believe it either. She was still concerned with keeping up images and while she was still suspecting SVS, she was also suspecting Splints and had the thought to give SVS a town point. Only when it became apparent Belzy wasn't getting out of it, she got desperate and accused SVS of withholding info and repeatedly pinged her.

Who isn't teamed with Belzy on this? I don't think Ted is. I think he sees the writing on the wall of Belzy dying way before now and I don't think he chooses to continue to vote Wilgy while suspecting Belzy only to pivot much later than Belzy gave up. I had the idea of an LC/Belzy team earlier but I don't think LC's reaction of seeing his teammate get tunneled is to bus as soon as possible since imo Belzy didn't believe she was completely caught.

I need to go over MR and I see him as a potential Belzy teammate with this. Dismissing a tunnel on a teammate as T/T when that teammate wasn't 100% caught is a good way to try to get people off her.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Belzy is a fine yeet. Their interactions with me feels in likeness to Jay's interactions with me in Don't Starve, where I'm for some reason the best vote in spite of just not being there.

DrWilgy is a fine yeet. Was afk most of d1 and has apparently read like 5 pages of the game. Taking heed of what he says once flipped is advised.

Epi is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Falcon is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Splints is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

LC is a fine yeet. Their play seems very in likeness to cyberpunk. Seems that they are keen to stack mislims on the back of Belzy while at the same time willing to change who their vote is and who's the most wolfy to them per the words of another (just like in cyberpunk).

MR is a fine yeet. Their play seems to be very indicative of desire to open the PoE. The more I think on Seanzie pointing out their PoEs seem like busy work the less well it sits with me.

Seanzie is a fine yeet. Their play around Belzy seems very hedgey. They seem to be on the wagon and off the wagon at their leisure. Somewhat in likeness of MR keeping the PoE wide, but seems to have more Belzy focus. Weird thread pulls I think.

SVS is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Ted is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Thunal is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Zenon is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm at least wrong twice in the above.

'Do not yeet' is a tr and 'fine to yeet' is within the realm of sr to null per what you normal humans classify things.

Never ask me for anything again.
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:38 am Belzy is a fine yeet. Their interactions with me feels in likeness to Jay's interactions with me in Don't Starve, where I'm for some reason the best vote in spite of just not being there.

DrWilgy is a fine yeet. Was afk most of d1 and has apparently read like 5 pages of the game. Taking heed of what he says once flipped is advised.

Epi is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Falcon is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Splints is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

LC is a fine yeet. Their play seems very in likeness to cyberpunk. Seems that they are keen to stack mislims on the back of Belzy while at the same time willing to change who their vote is and who's the most wolfy to them per the words of another (just like in cyberpunk).

MR is a fine yeet. Their play seems to be very indicative of desire to open the PoE. The more I think on Seanzie pointing out their PoEs seem like busy work the less well it sits with me.

Seanzie is a fine yeet. Their play around Belzy seems very hedgey. They seem to be on the wagon and off the wagon at their leisure. Somewhat in likeness of MR keeping the PoE wide, but seems to have more Belzy focus. Weird thread pulls I think.

SVS is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Ted is a gentleman and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Thunal is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.

Zenon is a lady and a scholar. Do not yeet.
Their tone has struck me as very different here vs Cyberpunk. In Cyberpunk, I felt like they were relying a bit too much on "aww, comeon guys, you don't want to sus me, do you? :beer: :hug: :hugs: " whereas here, they don't feel like that. However, I'll take a look at Cyberpunk and try to compare play rather than tone when I have some time later.

There is a very important piece of context here that you are missing (forgetting? Deliberately excluding? Who knows?). At the start of the day, my gut was screaming wolf!SVS.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:13 pm Their tone has struck me as very different here vs Cyberpunk. In Cyberpunk, I felt like they were relying a bit too much on "aww, comeon guys, you don't want to sus me, do you? " whereas here, they don't feel like that. However, I'll take a look at Cyberpunk and try to compare play rather than tone when I have some time later.

There is a very important piece of context here that you are missing (forgetting? Deliberately excluding? Who knows?). At the start of the day, my gut was screaming wolf!SVS.
I feel like it's similar enough, but yeah if you'd look I'd appreciate it. I knew they were wolf the entire time so I'm unsure if my perspective is 100%, it's just enough for me to be suspicious. It's really the vote swap off Belzy at Zenon's request that seems very comparable to me. (also some omgus in that the vote went to me for some reason? I don't think I'd seen LC play with my gimmick once this game)

Fair enough. I knew you expressed it but I didn't know how heavy of a pull it had on you. How do you feel on SVS now?
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@DrWilgy

It’s my personal tell for you. I don’t mind sharing my tells because it makes for a better game, having a tricksier opponent.

When someone voted for you, and you’re town, you make a rebuking (this is the best way I can describe it) post to them about the vote on you. In Hot Dog Fingers, all you were saying was “yes” (or maybe ‘no’?) and you posted that word and an emoji to me, and I got the reproachfulness.

It’s a hard thing to quantify, but when I tell someone I think you’re town, it’s often because I’ve seen you reply to someone this way. I don’t ever recall seeing you do it when bad, but I might have just missed it.

So it stuck out to me that you didn’t react this way to not just one but two votes on you. It’s a meta tell, not a thing to build cases on. Just a thing that makes me pay extra attention.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 pm @DrWilgy

It’s my personal tell for you. I don’t mind sharing my tells because it makes for a better game, having a tricksier opponent.

When someone voted for you, and you’re town, you make a rebuking (this is the best way I can describe it) post to them about the vote on you. In Hot Dog Fingers, all you were saying was “yes” (or maybe ‘no’?) and you posted that word and an emoji to me, and I got the reproachfulness.

It’s a hard thing to quantify, but when I tell someone I think you’re town, it’s often because I’ve seen you reply to someone this way. I don’t ever recall seeing you do it when bad, but I might have just missed it.

So it stuck out to me that you didn’t react this way to not just one but two votes on you. It’s a meta tell, not a thing to build cases on. Just a thing that makes me pay extra attention.
Interesting, I'll have to check myself for this pattern going forward ty.

I'm pretty sure I did rebuke what shoves for me I did see this game. Belzy and Ted were the ones that I recall thinking that they were chomping the LHF I put out there. Where Belz kinda felt odd about how much they wanted me (in spite of knowing how gorgeous I am), I didn't feel that from Ted at least (how dare you, don't you know I'm beautiful?).
Image Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:21 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:13 pm Their tone has struck me as very different here vs Cyberpunk. In Cyberpunk, I felt like they were relying a bit too much on "aww, comeon guys, you don't want to sus me, do you? " whereas here, they don't feel like that. However, I'll take a look at Cyberpunk and try to compare play rather than tone when I have some time later.

I feel like it's similar enough, but yeah if you'd look I'd appreciate it. I knew they were wolf the entire time so I'm unsure if my perspective is 100%, it's just enough for me to be suspicious. It's really the vote swap off Belzy at Zenon's request that seems very comparable to me. (also some omgus in that the vote went to me for some reason? I don't think I'd seen LC play with my gimmick once this game)

Fair enough. I knew you expressed it but I didn't know how heavy of a pull it had on you. How do you feel on SVS now?

Their thing with the Belzy vote is so specific and they're pushing it so hard that I think they're probably just town, but I'd be remiss to say that my earlier feelings have faded completely.

☆Princess Abigail☆

This game doesn't have a hammer does it

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Every game should have a hammer

ImageImage

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:12 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:10 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:21 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 am waganz don’t feel great, im only voting belzy for self press

and even though they have some weird posts, i haven’t decided if they’re wolfy or just a villager that doesn’t care
tedxtr wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm i dont mind dying (i probably will) as long as you lunch kate right after
This is still living in my mind. Why vote Belzy for self pres that early in the day especially when Ted doesn't seem to mind dying later?
i can't change my mind in 12 hrs?
You can, but I'm wondering why you thought it was necessary to vote specifically Belzy for self pres that early in the day.
it wasn't necessary, i just felt like it because i get d1'd on this site pretty much every time i play
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 39

Post by fingersplints »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:16 pm Every game should have a hammer
I disagree
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

fingersplints wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:35 pm
I disagree
Yes, only Wilgy should be given a hammer. For Wilgy with a hammer can do cool things, like place nails into lumber.
Image Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Stop
Master Radishes
Hitman

It's hammer time
☆Princess Abigail☆

I disagree
That's fine but games are slow and shitty without one

You have all decided to kill Belzy

You are all tunneled and have made up your mind nothing anyone says matters

This day should be over

ImageImage

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

in the world where belzy is villa, who do you think wolves are?
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:48 pm
I disagree

This day should be over
I feel like you are deliberately overblowing the situation.

With 12 people alive, hammer would be at 7, Belzy's wagon is at 5 right now.

I don't think people are tunneled, and I personally have been specifically doing my due diligence to make sure I feel okay with a Belzy wagon. Others have specifically called Belzy/SVS t/t.

Best yet, many people are ALSO looking into people who aren't SVS and Belzy, or using the situation to cause others to create content.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

lol, had we hammered before I went to get sandwiches I'd still be emoji posting.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

tedxtr wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:55 pm in the world where belzy is villa, who do you think wolves are?
No idea I don't scum hunt and I haven't found any fucking town this game except the people we keep killing

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:16 pm
I disagree

This day should be over

I don't think people are tunneled, and I personally have been specifically doing my due diligence to make sure I feel okay with a Belzy wagon. Others have specifically called Belzy/SVS t/t.

Best yet, many people are ALSO looking into people who aren't SVS and Belzy, or using the situation to cause others to create content.
Belzy was at 6 earlier and I would have just hammered it

I'm not fucking over blowing shit and I'm sick of being told i am

ImageImage

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 39

Post by fingersplints »

Yes, but belzy being eliminated isn’t game over
Gro-oo-ovy
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:37 pm
I disagree

This day should be over

Belzy was also at 4 earlier before I voted. I think people's minds aren't made up, and what people say matters.

Okay then, I'll try to choose my words carefully. I feel that my perception of the situation is much more positive than yours. I feel like many people are giving Belzy's alignment a fair shake, and enough people are interested in hearing out arguments on both sides to make the day not a waste. Also, some people are willing to work on reads outside of Belzy/SVS, and I think that is productive. As such, I am slightly wary of your motives here. I did appreciate your explanations on your Belzy read earlier (and wouldn't mind hearing from you re:my response to those explanations), but I don't understand how what you're doing at this point is pushing the game forward in a positive direction (and I personally feel like it is more likely to push the game in a negative direction by giving people an excuse to do nothing today, and in general decrease WIM).

☆Princess Abigail☆

fingersplints wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:52 pm Yes, but belzy being eliminated isn’t game over
It quite literally is for me

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:56 pm
I disagree

This day should be over

Belzy was also at 4 earlier before I voted. I think people's minds aren't made up, and what people say matters.

Okay then, I'll try to choose my words carefully. I feel that my perception of the situation is much more positive than yours. I feel like many people are giving Belzy's alignment a fair shake, and enough people are interested in hearing out arguments on both sides to make the day not a waste. Also, some people are willing to work on reads outside of Belzy/SVS, and I think that is productive. As such, I am slightly wary of your motives here. I did appreciate your explanations on your Belzy read earlier (and wouldn't mind hearing from you re:my response to those explanations), but I don't understand how what you're doing at this point is pushing the game forward in a positive direction (and I personally feel like it is more likely to push the game in a negative direction by giving people an excuse to do nothing today, and in general decrease WIM).
*shrugs* keeping town alive seems positive to me

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:58 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:56 pm
I disagree

This day should be over

*shrugs* keeping town alive seems positive to me
Okay, well if at some point you want to discuss Belzy and/or others, let me know.

Return to “Previous Heists”