[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 42

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by falcon45ca »

Jay, Neon, & Michelle all prolly town
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@DrWilgy Wherefore art thou?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:18 am
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am If I try to provide a more concrete rainbow that isn't just dichotomized for a POE pool:

falcon45ca
Michelle

--
Kate
Epignosis

--
Abigail
Wiml

--
DrWilgy
Quin
Roxy

Lime Coke

Names are still not ordered within individual colors. In this case, the bottom four form a default "POE pool" that leaves room for one of the names above to drop back in if necessary. I will try not to get too absorbed into this world view (I acknowledge my rationale for each read isn't extremely thorough yet), but it's going to stagnate as long as the thread is dominated by a subset of high-activity posters. That's no slight on the folks that haven't gotten deeply involved yet; I understand time is a limited resource.
I would like to point out quite fairly I might add that I will never be a top poster.
Does that mean my reads are less than your bc you have more posts> Uh - nope.
Deeply involved is very subjective and unfair to use as people have lives work insane hours and have to be a YaYa at night.
Ftr I don't think JJJ meant this as a slight at all.

Nobody in the yellows at the time of that post had posted anything game-related (only 1 person, you, had posted). It's pretty fair to say that those people hadn't yet been deeply involved yet and all he's saying there is that you haven't had the time to play as of then, not that you're a worse player or have less accurate reads.
I appreciate you having JJJ's back but we have had a history of miselimming bc of my low posting ways and his baddie way of looking town when high posting AND vice versa. I was just reminding him of our past.
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:28 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:26 pm Hi everybody 😀
Hey Kate! Cool to finally play a game with you. I can't be certain, but I suspect we might have a decent yin-yang dynamic available to us, you and I. Your style is heavily intuitive, and it's a nice complement to, well, you'll see.

Only applicable if you received a town role. :smile:
I'm town. I'm always town!

Come be towny and do the Kate town stuff
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:23 am During the day tho?

I am Mary Fuckin' Poppins
During the day I am a hard assed boss type bitch lmao
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:26 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:18 am
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am If I try to provide a more concrete rainbow that isn't just dichotomized for a POE pool:

falcon45ca
Michelle

--
Kate
Epignosis

--
Abigail
Wiml

--
DrWilgy
Quin
Roxy

Lime Coke

Names are still not ordered within individual colors. In this case, the bottom four form a default "POE pool" that leaves room for one of the names above to drop back in if necessary. I will try not to get too absorbed into this world view (I acknowledge my rationale for each read isn't extremely thorough yet), but it's going to stagnate as long as the thread is dominated by a subset of high-activity posters. That's no slight on the folks that haven't gotten deeply involved yet; I understand time is a limited resource.
I would like to point out quite fairly I might add that I will never be a top poster.
Does that mean my reads are less than your bc you have more posts> Uh - nope.
Deeply involved is very subjective and unfair to use as people have lives work insane hours and have to be a YaYa at night.
Ftr I don't think JJJ meant this as a slight at all.

Nobody in the yellows at the time of that post had posted anything game-related (only 1 person, you, had posted). It's pretty fair to say that those people hadn't yet been deeply involved yet and all he's saying there is that you haven't had the time to play as of then, not that you're a worse player or have less accurate reads.
I appreciate you having JJJ's back but we have had a history of miselimming bc of my low posting ways and his baddie way of looking town when high posting AND vice versa. I was just reminding him of our past.

What are your first impressions of the game? Are you able to find any players as towny/scummy as of yet?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

ok caught up for now I have a need for a smoke then I have a meeting I'll be around trying to stay caught up.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@falcon45ca give me a chance to *at least* catch a break at work I'll try and respond during the meeting <3
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:27 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:23 am During the day tho?

I am Mary Fuckin' Poppins
During the day I am a hard assed boss type bitch lmao

So's Mary Poppins, 'cept she uses a spoonful of sugar.

If I have less resistance during the day, I have more energy for Batman/Baba Yaga at night
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:29 am @falcon45ca give me a chance to *at least* catch a break at work I'll try and respond during the meeting <3

Fo sho
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:23 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:59 am
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:56 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:14 am If the following people could provide link representative games of the listed alignments like JJJ did earlier then I'd appreciate it greatly:

@DrWilgy - Town
@Epignosis - Mafia
@falcon45ca - Mafia (not the recent one)
@Kate - Mafia
@Quin - Both
@Roxy - Both

Sorry for the mass ping!
no wtaf? I do not play your way I play my own tyvm <3 I hope you will do the same. :cloud9:
What do you mean? I'm only asking you to link a couple past games of yours, not asking you to play in any specific way.

I just want to learn about the people playing in this game who I don't know.
I won't do it bc I disagree on playing a meta based game state. You can play by meta if ya want to I never will base my game on them nor can I learn about player just by reading a past game, if you can more power to ya.

I have played many games on this site. Have fun in the Museum of the Mafioso.
Fwiw I can assure you that I have no plans of going into people's past games and pushing stuff like "oh Roxy posted 20 times on D1 last time she was town and this time she only posted 19 times so she's mafia" or similar less exaggerated variations of that.

I think getting an understanding of things like playstyle and if a player doing xyz things in a game is alignment indicative or just a personality thing can be pretty important. It's also pretty important for me as a non-regular here to be aware of the meta y'all are using on each other (eg the meta townreads on falcon) so I can actually have an informed opinion both on what they are discussing and if the things they are bringing up are in good faith or not.

Otherwise it's often just pretty rough to work in a lobby where everyone knows each other but most people don't know you.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 am Jay, Neon, & Michelle all prolly town
I think that's there at max 1 wolf in this list of names.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

And if there's more than one, it's more likely JJJ/x as the team.

I don't think those teams are likely though.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:29 am @falcon45ca give me a chance to *at least* catch a break at work I'll try and respond during the meeting <3
Once you have enough spare time on your hands I'd also greatly appreciate you responding to Falcon's question in as much detail as possible!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:42 am And if there's more than one, it's more likely JJJ/x as the team.

I don't think those teams are likely though.
Scrap that, they're all probably just unaligned anyway.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:41 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 am Jay, Neon, & Michelle all prolly town

What does your read list look like? Do you have a color arrangement a la Jay?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:55 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:41 am

What does your read list look like? Do you have a color arrangement a la Jay?
Not worth doing a rainbow since I'm on mobile and the difference between tiers of my reads is pretty minimal rn.

I'm townleaning you, Michelle and to a lesser extent JJJ pending some ISOs.

Abigail I have as more likely town than not as well.

Most of these players (minus JJJ) I'm somewhat happy to write off as town and just keep an eye on for now. I don't think that there's more than 1 wolf in the top 4 posters due to the threadstate and disassociatives between all of them so I'm pretty happy just sitting back and letting them cook even without a super strong set of clears. You I've had as low priority due to being an easier read once you've posted more.

Lime Coke I lean wolf on.

Everyone else is a shrug from me.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Pa - everyone can clear her early but me. I waiting on a couple of responses rn no idea.

Wilgy - has not posted that i have seen nor remember no idea

Epi - read him as bad so in all likely hood he is town but srsly no idea

falcon - is falc'ing it up too soon to say for sure maybe town

JJJ - seems to be trying too hard, not sure what to make of it in older games when you was all gusto and bluster you was bad it has been a long while so I will not use old time play against you. I want to see you have fun playing bc it has been so long since we have played< 3 reserving judgement for now.

Kate - very early game half joking half serious seems normal for Kate. For Town Kate at least for now I am not getting the same weird vibes like last game when you were town but you read as bad for me.

Limey - I think we have one game we have played together I I have hosted you but really have not a clue how to read you this game is different from Sesame Street and from CyberPunk. So I am left twisting and have no idea.

Michelle - usually an easy read for me bc her town shines bright from a vibe/tone this game I think town

Quin - No posts that I seen nor remember I have no idea

Wiml - also another try harder on the site. I hope I remembered to welcome you. I will not suss you nor vote you D 1. Bc you are new to me and I want you to feel welcomed. I am unsure but I think with a couple of days with your tone you will show yourself one way or the other. No idea as of now.

I do not what you expect @falcon45ca as it is so early in D 1 and I need almost the full first 48 to form my own proper reads.

What about you?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

also I miss splints this game and also SVS. :(
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:50 am Pa - everyone can clear her early but me. I waiting on a couple of responses rn no idea.

Wilgy - has not posted that i have seen nor remember no idea

Epi - read him as bad so in all likely hood he is town but srsly no idea

falcon - is falc'ing it up too soon to say for sure maybe town

JJJ - seems to be trying too hard, not sure what to make of it in older games when you was all gusto and bluster you was bad it has been a long while so I will not use old time play against you. I want to see you have fun playing bc it has been so long since we have played< 3 reserving judgement for now.

Kate - very early game half joking half serious seems normal for Kate. For Town Kate at least for now I am not getting the same weird vibes like last game when you were town but you read as bad for me.

Limey - I think we have one game we have played together I I have hosted you but really have not a clue how to read you this game is different from Sesame Street and from CyberPunk. So I am left twisting and have no idea.

Michelle - usually an easy read for me bc her town shines bright from a vibe/tone this game I think town

Quin - No posts that I seen nor remember I have no idea

Wiml - also another try harder on the site. I hope I remembered to welcome you. I will not suss you nor vote you D 1. Bc you are new to me and I want you to feel welcomed. I am unsure but I think with a couple of days with your tone you will show yourself one way or the other. No idea as of now.

I do not what you expect @falcon45ca as it is so early in D 1 and I need almost the full first 48 to form my own proper reads.

What about you?
This is appreciated. Could you possibly go into detail about your Epi read a bit more?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 272
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Roxy seems okay.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:20 am Mafia Abigail in Hotdog Fingers was a bit of a wet noodle and posted a ton of off-topic silliness. There's a bit more serious business in her initial posts here. It's difficult to draw a good comparison this early though.

This game needs more meat.
This broadly matches up with my experiences seeing her as a wolf as well ftr.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:21 pm I think Roxy seems okay.
I'd lean town on her atm.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

Good news, I'm finally town (thank God)

Bad news, I got covid and will probably not be around very much. We have any consensus townies for me to sheep this cycle?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m having second thoughts about Kate. Dismissing “90% of big talkers as town” is not exactly an “intuition”, and it’s a read begging for egg on the face. I worry about it being TMI.

@Michelle could you describe what you like most about Kate?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:23 pm Good news, I'm finally town (thank God)

Bad news, I got covid and will probably not be around very much. We have any consensus townies for me to sheep this cycle?
Get well soon!

Probs Michelle or JJJ?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:23 pm Good news, I'm finally town (thank God)

Sorry Doc. That is ass.

The most consensus town read might be falcon. Maybe myself. It’s actually a little hard to tell, and we could stand to improve that as a group.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:41 am I like the general vibe of Lime Coke's posts and think he sounds fine. I hesitate to pull the town trigger, because the falcon vote is like a direct shot into my green pile. That doesn't make him mafia or even wrong, but it's something I have to reconcile.
What did you like about Lime's posts at this point in time?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm

Sorry Doc. That is ass.

The most consensus town read might be falcon. Maybe myself. It’s actually a little hard to tell, and we could stand to improve that as a group.
I think there's a lack of extremely obvious villagers, yeah.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:16 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:13 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:49 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:25 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:22 am My take is the oposite. She came, said a non energetic hi, saw a wagon and hopped in without any other logic behind that it have to contain a wolf and choosing the actual wagon because why not.

1. Wolves need to have to show activity so they will start by supporting any wagon on a townie that it's there.
2. The addition at the so called wagon analysis is so forced, "not me", and psychologically implies manipulative intention.
3. I am sorry you don't observe the pocketing attitude she has while she agrees with your Michelle/ Wiml not aligned.

I am putting my vote down on her and I would do it for any other wagon she would put her vote on as third vote for no reason, but I am doing it with more conviction because I have TMI on my alignament.

[VOTE: Abigail] aubergine
I can understand this perspective, and in an ironic sense the validity in "one of these people is mafia" can be applied to her as much as to you or Wiml. Perhaps there's self-awareness in that.

I'll remove my town read on her for now. I don't have much confidence in it.
Sus... but actually probably towny...

Meh let's lock that in for the fuck of it

Town Core.

JJJ
+5
This might be partially answered in the question I asked above but if you could please clarify the following:

- Why is this towny from JJJ?

- Why are you adding JJJ to your confident towncore so nonchalantly when you've consistently expressed a lack of confidence in your play prior to this point? (p#204 as an example). I know that you put a lot of pride into these sort of reads, are you not concerned about being wrong again on a towncore read?
I told JJJ why I thought that was towny

I can't find the post but I did explain it.
Thanks, yeah I noticed it after I posted the question and I feel fine with thinking you could believe that.

Got a response to my second point?
I'm bloody terrified of being wrong yeah but fear will freeze you and that's not a good way to play this.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:41 am I like the general vibe of Lime Coke's posts and think he sounds fine. I hesitate to pull the town trigger, because the falcon vote is like a direct shot into my green pile. That doesn't make him mafia or even wrong, but it's something I have to reconcile.
What did you like about Lime's posts at this point in time?
In the most basic sense, he seemed loose and engaged. The “vibe” felt fine and unthreatening. It’s a small thing and didn’t move me much even then.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Perhaps a positive remark I can make about Wiml is that he seems to be approaching his read on me with similar caution to my own read on him. That’s a congruent solving mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@Wiml uh I guess I can detail Epi in that I form reads from vibes and tone. Epi's tone seems different than last game and it bugged me thinking he could be bad but last two times I thought he was bad he was in fact town. The basis of my read.

@DrWilgy I am so sorry to hear this feel better soon <3 hope you have had a vaccine <3
;)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:24 pm

Get well soon!

Probs Michelle or JJJ?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm

Sorry Doc. That is ass.

Thank you. I'll look at these three slots when I feel up to it.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:31 pm @Wiml uh I guess I can detail Epi in that I form reads from vibes and tone. Epi's tone seems different than last game and it bugged me thinking he could be bad but last two times I thought he was bad he was in fact town. The basis of my read.

@DrWilgy I am so sorry to hear this feel better soon <3 hope you have had a vaccine <3
Ty ty. I've been through it twice already and have been vaccinated, I expect my immune system to boot it out of me in another day or two.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I am swapping Roxy and Kate in my reads list. Roxy seems town, and I think her concerns about Kate are justified.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:31 pm @Wiml uh I guess I can detail Epi in that I form reads from vibes and tone. Epi's tone seems different than last game and it bugged me thinking he could be bad but last two times I thought he was bad he was in fact town. The basis of my read.

Thanks for answering!

Is there anybody in this lobby that you'd consider yourself to have a good read on?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Thanks for answering!

Is there anybody in this lobby that you'd consider yourself to have a good read on?
no it's way too early to be sure (at least for me) how about you?
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:36 pm I think I am swapping Roxy and Kate in my reads list. Roxy seems town, and I think her concerns about Kate are justified.
I'd agree with this. Are you familiar with Roxy's wolf game at all?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:36 pm I think I am swapping Roxy and Kate in my reads list. Roxy seems town, and I think her concerns about Kate are justified.
I'd agree with this. Are you familiar with Roxy's wolf game at all?
Not particularly. I don’t believe we’ve played together since 2017ish or earlier.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Ty ty. I've been through it twice already and have been vaccinated, I expect my immune system to boot it out of me in another day or two.
Get well soon DrW!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

you are creeping me out I do not mean this in a mean or perverse way. It's your flip flopping I had forgotten about it - until now :grin:
;)
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:23 pm I’m having second thoughts about Kate. Dismissing “90% of big talkers as town” is not exactly an “intuition”, and it’s a read begging for egg on the face. I worry about it being TMI.

@Michelle could you describe what you like most about Kate?
She seemed relaxed in her posts, but I have to reread them.
Also I kind of liked the idea of civvies Sod banter, someone reading town so many players has a harder time to backtrack later in the game and wolves usually avoid that

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:43 pm
you are creeping me out I do not mean this in a mean or perverse way. It's your flip flopping I had forgotten about it - until now :grin:
I’m definitely happy to flip and flop! :biggrin:

I sort of view the game as a puzzle and will often move around the pieces until I find the best fit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Thanks for answering!

no it's way too early to be sure (at least for me) how about you?
There's nobody in this playerlist that I'd be shocked if they flipped against my reads rn but there's a few players who I'd be impressed with if they pulled off this strong of an entrance as mafia (falcon and Michelle come to mind).

Over time I'm hoping to be able to read Lime Coke and Abigail well in particular and will probably try to focus on trying to find villagers in the less active / busier players.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Just want to make a note that I read and appreciate all answers to my questions but I'm not going to respond to them unless I have something to add or ask further just to avoid contributing to thread bloat and making it harder for the lower posters to catch up.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@DrWilgy I know it sucks playing while ill, prioritise taking care of yourself first!!!

I'm happy just assuming you're a villager and giving you space for now tbh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I need Quin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:55 pm @DrWilgy I know it sucks playing while ill, prioritise taking care of yourself first!!!

I'm happy just assuming you're a villager and giving you space for now tbh.
Aye, I'd just assume I'm an unknown though because I am.

I skimmed Falc and I agree this is T Falcon quite confidently. While I haven't seen LC's posts, I can believe T fal believes what he saw there and would be willing to sheep that so far.

Will nap and do some other thinking later.

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:11 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:58 pm To the best of my memory, this is the first time I have been a civilian in a Syndicate game since 2021. I am probably going to be my worstbest self and play at full throttle, as though this is the last chance I will ever have to solve a Mafia game.

Come friends, and let us make mincemeat of malevolent mountainous mafia.
Wait... this is the last game your ever playing?
I don't believe you interpreted JJJ's statement this way.

Fake entrance.

[VOTE: ☆Princess Abigail☆] aubergine
@Epignosis I'd appreciate if you could go into more detail about what exactly you think is fake about Abigail's post and why you think that it's wolf indicative from her.

I know Michelle has given reasons but yours seem different to hers.

Return to “Previous Hustles”