[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 33

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Quin »

Reading falcon, I suppose I should caveat that just because I believe LC has a genuine read on falcon, that doesn't mean it's good.

LC's read begins with the thought that falcon wasn't interested in learning anything by calling out Epi for his vote on me. I feel like falcon's approach to this whole game has been the opposite of that, because I'm seeing thoughtful attempts to prompt info or responses in most of his posts.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:44 am Abigail has earned a Day 2 and I Do Not See It for LC.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

I'll try put it into words if I have time. It's just a suspicion that is There.
Why have I earned a D2?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:00 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:19 pm Is cheesecake a pie or cake?
Worse than both
Scum just for this post
Cheesecake, Pie, Cake, Soup. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Pie Nation attacked. Only the Abigail, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed them most, they vanished.
I'm here to kill cake and soup

The others can stay
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Kate wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:06 pm Pie is delicious.

So much better than cake.
GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate is wrong.
Kate is always wrong in this scenario.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.
Yep these posts prove it to me.

Cake ftmfw
;)
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:06 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am Jay, I think the way she is self content for posting town reads and tries to present herself as solvy is not towny

It was implied when i said mafia prefer to post town reads to not argue with the townies they are pushing that she is mafia for doing that.

If you noticed she didn't say I am a wolf for suspecting her, she said I played wolfy or something.
Again I can prove that this is how I play the game AS TOWN if you would like
Look, the way you tell me I saw you playing has the reverse. You saw me playing as well. You saw me being right and also wrong.
You know my play is unusual and my suspicions are often poor explained (coming from weak english skills), but also I always push what I consider wolfy behaviour. You can't just say I have bad faith in my push when I talk about it since so long.

I asked you questions. I waited for answers but I didn't receive things who could show me you have genuine thoughts regarding your suspicion on me. The fact you don't make scum cases in general has little importance for me.

You want me to believe you because you say so.
Sorry, I can't.
Yes, my vote is on you regardless the fact you posted because you don't gave me a reason to change my mind and I explained why.

We seem to talk past each other but I am sure I answered at your posts while you mostly AtEd and provided self meta.

If you are town, you have to show it in other way than self voting when the wagons are tied.

Self voting is bad regardless alignament.

The first condition for town is to find scum, not to suicide to prove wrong some people.
The second is to show themselves towny in thoughts and behaviour.
If a townie fails in these both aspects that doesn't mean their life is meaningless and they should die.
A game is won by town by teamwork more than by individual performance. And another force of town is in numbers. Keep town number respecting your own TMI on your alignment even if no one believes you and self press because you never know for sure the alignment of your cw.

If you are town, make me see it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:28 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆

Would you agree that, even if the "first three-vote wagon contains one mafioso in four names" theory is consistently accurate, that you fundamentally break it by causing the wagon to reach three votes yourself?
Yes though I've done it before. It generates content. Readable content and while I've not tracked the success of forcing the read and can't remember if it worked or not I do think there's validity in that it forced his readable content out of Michelle You Roxy...

How was readable content forced out of me. Genuinely curious.

Bc I thought I was posting when I could. At work before meeting and before I turned into a YaYa. But if content was being forced from me I would like for you to explain gently to me how it happened.
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

@Kate I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on Roxy and updated thoughts on Abigail once you're fully caught up with the thread if possible.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:08 am

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
Could you explain what about those posts makes you think Kate is town please?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:56 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:54 am I'm finishing this nightcap and thereafter going to make a desperate attempt to sleep. If you have anything to ask, speak now or forever hold your pee.
What sells you on Kate being mafia, and do you believe she can be teamed with Abigail?
I wasn't even looking that way until Roxy said something. I could find the post but I'm tired and it's not like Roxy has a million of them.

I think Kate's milking the "Look how well I read Zenon in Bad Dates." I expected you as the host to have more to say on that front, but okay.

It came across as disingenuous, such that Kate even bobbled the alignment.

Then it takes a million attempts to get a word about Kate, and now these two are just distancing at this point.

It's goofy. There's no interaction between them. They aren't looking to figure each other out. They are lost. I'm going with teammates here.
Kate said a funny thing about high posters being 90% town I took umbridge.
I am not thinking it automatically makes her baddie. I just found it an unusual thing for Kate to post.
You jumping on it is a bit of a ping but tbh I think Kate and Pa are probs both town.
I am trying very hard to not let them become a Pyxxy/Scotty diff check in all games where we elim them bc people auto think *one* must be a wolf and 80% of the time both are town and we waste days determining that.

I honestly believe Kate is trying to change her town game, see her last couple of games as town and you will see a marked difference than her previous town play. She is trying to tone herself down and this is just how I have been reading her the last couple of games. I think she would love to live past D/N/ 1 for once.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:34 am

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
see my previous post I just made <3 good morning
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

VC
Squash your first bug!

Poll runs till Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

☆Princess Abigail☆

21% Voters: Epignosis, Michelle, KateDrWilgy

7% Voters: QuinEpignosis

7% Voters: falcon45cafalcon45ca

7% Voters: Lime CokeJaggedJimmyJay

No votes Voters: NoneKate

No votes Voters: NoneLime Coke

29% Voters: Wiml, JaggedJimmyJay, DrWilgy, ☆Princess Abigail☆Michelle

No votes Voters: NoneQuin

No votes Voters: NoneRoxy

No votes Voters: NoneWiml

No votes Voters: NoneUnvote

No votes Voters: NoneSpectator

29% Voters: Scotty, Seanzie, S~V~S, Syn Total votes: 14
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:36 am

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
Good morning!

What difference would you expect to see between a town Kate who is toning herself down and a wolf Kate?

When people are slightly toned down compared to their regular play I would generally consider that to be >rand wolf since wolves tend to have a harder time posting and often have to fake things like enthusiasm that a villager would experience naturally. I'm interested in what you think a wolf-Kate would look like.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 am I don't think that a potential wolf-Lime Coke just gives up under pressure if one of his initial strong pushers (JJJ) is actually a wolf bussing him.
so you think Limey has just given up?

I cannot guage them so your input would be so farout.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:53 am I think everyone that hasn't already should share their new impressions of Quin.
I liked their early approach to me think their reason for abandoning the read was valid even if wrong from their pov.

They can go in the town core

JJJ
Wilgy
Wiml
Falcon
Quin
+1

Roxy is a lean town.
holy shit this is a first for us. Thank you for this. <3
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:18 am oh just kiss wont you
:huh: :huh: XD
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:36 am @Quin any cause for the delay in placing a vote?
Same question for @Roxy
meh

I vote usually only once and I have never been a willy nilly type voter. My vote is sacred to me. It matters. I always vote closer to EoD.
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:53 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 am I don't think that a potential wolf-Lime Coke just gives up under pressure if one of his initial strong pushers (JJJ) is actually a wolf bussing him.

Yeah, he's somebody who doesn't enjoy wolfing and tends to have serious motivation issues as a wolf. I think he got scumcased by two very vocal villagers who he respects (at least one of them, me, having a historically accurate read on him with something like 20 games played together) and felt demoralised over it and / or that he couldn't recover from the situation and / or that his team wasn't in a winnable position and so just stopped posting full stop.

The only time he's posted since he initially left the thread after getting scumread has been once to post that tweet / copypasta earlier. Since he initially left, he hasn't put any attempt into solving people, answering questions asked to him, addressing the wagon on him or just playing the game: he just posted one off-topic meme in a way that looks more like he's lolcatting than anything (not really sure if that term is used on this site but lolcatting is when an outed mafia member posts blatantly off topic things to avoid spewing the identity of their partners and is generally an admission of guilt).

This is very uncharacteristic of his town play but not something I'd consider unexpected from his wolf play. He's generally very strong, active and obvious (to me at least) villager who I have a lot of respect for so I'm having a lot of difficulty reconciling that with his behaviour this game after getting cased and I think the reasons he was cased in the first place are still solid as well.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Ftr I'm open to hearing people's reasons why Lime Coke is town.

I'm struggling to see it atm but I don't like to tunnel onto people too strongly and I'm very open to changing my worldview with new content / evidence.

Ideally points why Lime is town in a vacuum instead of trying to address the case on Lime and say why you think it's wrong. The latter won't really help atm.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:52 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 am
*sips Earl Grey*

*sips supermarket brand black tea*

:haha:
;)
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 42

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: limecoke] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:53 am I should probably acknowledge that Quin is now compatible with Lime Coke. It's a very blatant connection, but it exists.
I suppose I'll deal with that if and when I need to :shrug2:

I will say it would be silly for me to come in with a defence like this when his lynch is all but sealed, and we're dealing with a 9:2 ratio. My guess is that the team are distancing or ghosting the hell out of eachother.
is there a difference betwixt ghosting and distancing?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:48 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:00 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:19 pm Is cheesecake a pie or cake?
Worse than both
Scum just for this post
Cheesecake, Pie, Cake, Soup. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Pie Nation attacked. Only the Abigail, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed them most, they vanished.
I'm here to kill cake and soup

The others can stay
you are dead to me now :noble:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
the great cake pie debate is from a decade ago on another mafia site. Idk how to explain it but when pie and cake are discussed by Kate she is usually town I know it seems a weird read but it makes total sense in my vibe style of playing.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:45 am
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:36 am

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
Good morning!

What difference would you expect to see between a town Kate who is toning herself down and a wolf Kate?

When people are slightly toned down compared to their regular play I would generally consider that to be >rand wolf since wolves tend to have a harder time posting and often have to fake things like enthusiasm that a villager would experience naturally. I'm interested in what you think a wolf-Kate would look like.

tbf Kate is one hellva player. She doesn't *need* to "fake" anything. Kate never has a harder time posting until now.....
It is bc I believe she is trying to change her town game to live past D/N 1. Just an opinion from a long time friend and fellow player. Could I be off base - sure but I really do not think I am.
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:30 am

Kate is wrong.
Kate hates Pie.
Kate is civ.

Cake ftmfw
the great cake pie debate is from a decade ago on another mafia site. Idk how to explain it but when pie and cake are discussed by Kate she is usually town I know it seems a weird read but it makes total sense in my vibe style of playing.
That's a hilarious read but sure, I can buy that you believe that.

(BTW to answer a question you directed at somebody else: ghosting is not talking about your partners at all whereas distancing is scumreading them to try to look unaligned).
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:13 am
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:53 am

Yeah, he's somebody who doesn't enjoy wolfing and tends to have serious motivation issues as a wolf. I think he got scumcased by two very vocal villagers who he respects (at least one of them, me, having a historically accurate read on him with something like 20 games played together) and felt demoralised over it and / or that he couldn't recover from the situation and / or that his team wasn't in a winnable position and so just stopped posting full stop.

The only time he's posted since he initially left the thread after getting scumread has been once to post that tweet / copypasta earlier. Since he initially left, he hasn't put any attempt into solving people, answering questions asked to him, addressing the wagon on him or just playing the game: he just posted one off-topic meme in a way that looks more like he's lolcatting than anything (not really sure if that term is used on this site but lolcatting is when an outed mafia member posts blatantly off topic things to avoid spewing the identity of their partners and is generally an admission of guilt).

This is very uncharacteristic of his town play but not something I'd consider unexpected from his wolf play. He's generally very strong, active and obvious (to me at least) villager who I have a lot of respect for so I'm having a lot of difficulty reconciling that with his behaviour this game after getting cased and I think the reasons he was cased in the first place are still solid as well.
wow thanks so much for this. I am afraid it will no doubt impact my vibe of them as I really have none on them. :srsnod:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am caught up and will be around today until early afternoon and will probs have to place my vote then <3
;)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Ftr I am not fully sold on a Wilgy/Lime unalignment (based on the logic of the early falcon sheep vote) in large part due to Lime's big loss of WIM.

It doesn't matter at the moment but I'm bringing it up in case Lime flips wolf and I subsequently die so Wilgy doesn't get blindly cleared without at least a review of that logic.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

This is honestly very interesting and I think it's due to a lack of history, but I assure you Wiml, I'm the last person to be cleared.

Like almost ever and under any circumstance. I don't think you need to worry so much about that.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:14 am This is honestly very interesting and I think it's due to a lack of history, but I assure you Wiml, I'm the last person to be cleared.

Like almost ever and under any circumstance. I don't think you need to worry so much about that.
Yeah, that was primarily indirect response to JJJ since he said he'd not have you in his extended PoE due to disassociatives if Brad flipped wolf unless I'm misremembering.

If a town loses a mountainous game with a D1 wolf flip, it's more often than not due to misclearing (or at least mis-removing-from-PoE) somebody because of spew (or at least on MU it tends to be, idk meta here well) so I'd feel pretty guilty if I saw a possible case of that happening in real time, ignored it and then it turned out you were Lime's partner.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:23 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:14 am This is honestly very interesting and I think it's due to a lack of history, but I assure you Wiml, I'm the last person to be cleared.

Yeah, that was primarily indirect response to JJJ since he said he'd not have you in his extended PoE due to disassociatives if Brad flipped wolf unless I'm misremembering.

If a town loses a mountainous game with a D1 wolf flip, it's more often than not due to misclearing (or at least mis-removing-from-PoE) somebody because of spew (or at least on MU it tends to be, idk meta here well) so I'd feel pretty guilty if I saw a possible case of that happening in real time, ignored it and then it turned out you were Lime's partner.
If you wish to see Brad and I teamed up, I'd browse cyberpunk.

However, them flipping wolf here I think makes assoc reads almost -ev due to the lack of content. I remember once an argument was made that if a wolf goes over d1 it's bad dudu for the town as it becomes a game of find the sk.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:23 am

If you wish to see Brad and I teamed up, I'd browse cyberpunk.

However, them flipping wolf here I think makes assoc reads almost -ev due to the lack of content. I remember once an argument was made that if a wolf goes over d1 it's bad dudu for the town as it becomes a game of find the sk.
I've read most of Cyberpunk in real time since I was at one point a possible sub for that game but ty.

I don't think otoh that there's a lot of direct interactions here that would be all that meaningful if Lime flipped wolf but I think there are enough players who seem unaligned with Lime (Falcon, JJJ, to a lesser extent probably Abigail and possibly others I'm forgetting) that looking at potential teams is at the very least still useful.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

@Lime Coke you are top wagon where is your head at?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:45 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:32 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:26 pm Falcon is town, Wiml feels good

I can sleep, I have a town core
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:16 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:14 pm Hi everyone, I waited for this game to start with so much joy and excitement!
Maybe because of the bugs, or because the playerslist is so cool, I let you guess!

Let's have a fun game :heart:
Good to play with you again Michelle. :nicenod:
Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:14 pmLinki: we don't murder people in cold blood, sir, we analyze facts and eliminate the suspects
Well exactly two of us murder in cold blood, unless of course we want to argue that the civilians are the bad guys for killing someone first. We can disregard the moral implications of our actions though. Everything we do here is for the greater good. :noble:
Thanks, likewise!

There's no bad guy in this game, only good guys who received a villain role!

I don't feel I've done anything to merit a townread

What are you seeing that I'm not?
I saw you shouting I AM TOWN!
Reminded me of the vocaroo game and felt warm

Talk to me more about Vocaroo Maf...IIRC you were not in that game
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 am

Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:14 pm Hi everyone, I waited for this game to start with so much joy and excitement!
Maybe because of the bugs, or because the playerslist is so cool, I let you guess!

Michelle wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:14 pmLinki: we don't murder people in cold blood, sir, we analyze facts and eliminate the suspects
Well exactly two of us murder in cold blood, unless of course we want to argue that the civilians are the bad guys for killing someone first. We can disregard the moral implications of our actions though. Everything we do here is for the greater good. :noble:
Thanks, likewise!

I listened more than 90% of it - skipped some records of Mac's voice where I couldn’t get anything but I liked the concept and I would play the next one of I have time.
Epi's songs were the highlight of the game.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

This one
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I think Quin's more likely than not a villager.

I like the nuance on the Abigail read. It feels like a natural progression where Quin is open to changing their opinion with new evidence instead of a predetermined read with retroactive justification or a fake read change for the sake of getting towncred.

I think their take on Lime makes sense and I can easily see them believing in it even if I disagree with them on it. I think there's more nuance there with saying they think the read is bad but genuine than I'd generally expect to come from a wolf.

Just the sort of solving that feels very open to new information and like they genuinely care about finding alignments.

Still not the highest bar but I like what I've seen so far at least and think that in all likelihood Quin ends up being a villager a good proportion of the time.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:24 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 am

Thanks, likewise!

I listened more than 90% of it - skipped some records of Mac's voice where I couldn’t get anything but I liked the concept and I would play the next one of I have time.
Epi's songs were the highlight of the game.
Perfect, thank you!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:49 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 pm So it must be Quin, diet Pepsi and poor poor Dr wolfy.

*solved*
Is this to suggest you view everyone that has posted so far as civilians?
No lol I was just joking. But in general I fins that most of the early loud players are 90% civ.
This Kate exchange reads TMI-ey in worlds where LC (or another of the non posters) is a wolf.

I think JJJ brought up something similar earlier about this exchange but it didn't really click for me until now.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:55 am
Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 pm So it must be Quin, diet Pepsi and poor poor Dr wolfy.

*solved*
No lol I was just joking. But in general I fins that most of the early loud players are 90% civ.
This Kate exchange reads TMI-ey in worlds where LC (or another of the non posters) is a wolf.

I think JJJ brought up something similar earlier about this exchange but it didn't really click for me until now.
it was me that brought it up. But I was talking about the 90% thing.
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:20 am Reading falcon, I suppose I should caveat that just because I believe LC has a genuine read on falcon, that doesn't mean it's good.

LC's read begins with the thought that falcon wasn't interested in learning anything by calling out Epi for his vote on me. I feel like falcon's approach to this whole game has been the opposite of that, because I'm seeing thoughtful attempts to prompt info or responses in most of his posts.

I don't believe that LC believes his read. I'll check his ISO and see what he's done since I last took note of his posting
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Otherwise, don't really have a strong stance on Kate.

I think the "I'm half tempted to let you vote me today" post felt performative and is the kind of post I tend to see wolves make more often than villagers.

Otherwise, shrug.

Probably my de facto second most likely wolf though.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:05 pm
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:55 am

*solved*

it was me that brought it up. But I was talking about the 90% thing.
Ah alright, thank you!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:07 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:20 am Reading falcon, I suppose I should caveat that just because I believe LC has a genuine read on falcon, that doesn't mean it's good.

I don't believe that LC believes his read. I'll check his ISO and see what he's done since I last took note of his posting
He's made just one single lolcat-style post since he left the thread early D1.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

I'm back and forth on the read itself I'll have to see him a second go around.

What're your thoughts on D1 now?

This might be the last post that actually had any content that we could call solving.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:11 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

I'm back and forth on the read itself I'll have to see him a second go around.

What're your thoughts on D1 now?

This might be the last post that actually had any content that we could call solving.
falcon thank you bc this really is the only thing I can point to and say maybe falc is right coupled with Wiml read of them makes me think you and others are indeed right about them.
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:01 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:50 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:47 pm You're implying if Abigail flips town we have to flip Kate?
No. I'm saying that if people believe the dichotomy between the two is valid, then they shouldn't be alive together in the final phases of the game -- folks would be forced to make a choice that'd be similar to guessing.

The dichotomy may also be invalid. I hope folks will discuss that.
Ok
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:50 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:41 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:38 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:03 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:27 am

Can you explain, in detail that I am sure to understand, what you mean by this gif response to post that does concern you nor contain anything posted by you?
Well see I'm playing mafia so generally speaking wolfy behavior always concerns me. Including this.
Yah I am playing mafia too I do not need that. :disappoint:

What is wolfy behavior that you see in this post?
Who in the post you quoted is wolfy?
Why are they wolfy?
Don't need what exactly not sure what you don't need. I responded to something I didn't like.

It was the second pockety ass last towards anyone and everyone who expressed a scum read on me a towny so yeah that's kinda wolfy fmpov as a town who's getting pushed weakly for something I do literally every game on other sites with great success.

Now that's kinda whatever omgus I get it I get all defensive over people voting me early to but what I don't do is go around uwuing anyone who 180s their read for weak reasons
This is a total word salad and I don't consider it an explanation for the read or reasons for finding me wolfy
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:42 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆ would you be able to put together a full list of reads? Rainbow or tiers or something like that would be super. Explanations only if you feel like it.
I mean my list is just what I've posted

Your town or your not in my eyes

You and falcon are town and I'm like at least gonna fake confidence until exelo on both those reads.

I literally have not found anyone else this game. Wiml is probably the closest thing I have to another town lock at this point in catch up his posts are inquisitive and insightful in a way that's towny in mindset in my opinion. Their questions seem to come from a place of genuine solving and not from a place of pushing a scum agenda.

Now I do need to disclose that my dyslexia is particularly awful this game so I'm struggling to read and retain a lot of Wimls posts because they are often wordy but what I do manage to understand feels pure as snow to me...

Actually writing this post has made me pretty confident

TOWN CORE

JJJ
Wiml
Falc
+3

Falcon is like exclusively just based off the fact that there's a large consensus on him being town I am in agreement though less hoorah on it but others confidence is just kinda influencing my choice since it gels with my general read direction on falc
Are you implying Falcon is town because he is thread spewed?
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:06 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:36 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:28 pm @☆Princess Abigail☆

Would you agree that, even if the "first three-vote wagon contains one mafioso in four names" theory is consistently accurate, that you fundamentally break it by causing the wagon to reach three votes yourself?
Yes though I've done it before. It generates content. Readable content and while I've not tracked the success of forcing the read and can't remember if it worked or not I do think there's validity in that it forced his readable content out of Michelle You Roxy...
How did you read that content for Michelle and Roxy?
I think I've made my stance on Michelle pretty clear I think they've been excessively wolfy.

Also talked about Roxy
No, your stance are far from being clear, can you restate your reasons?

You have zero desire to solve me in good faith. You have conf biased your conclusion since post one much like Epi

Player's using confirmation bias in their solve are town far more often than not.

Just look at how I solved, or rather didn't solve, your slot in Champs
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I came across that reading your ISO Neon, but perhaps for the sake of brevity, could you talk to me about your read on Kate?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:26 am
Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:28 pm
Kate wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:26 pm Hi everybody 😀
Hey Kate! Cool to finally play a game with you. I can't be certain, but I suspect we might have a decent yin-yang dynamic available to us, you and I. Your style is heavily intuitive, and it's a nice complement to, well, you'll see.

Only applicable if you received a town role. :smile:
I'm town. I'm always town!

Come be towny and do the Kate town stuff

@Kate Are you able to talk to me about some reads?

I've glanced at your argument re: Neon & her coherency as Maf v T, what else ya got?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

My Prime Minister just broke up with his wife...that's never happened before in my lifetime

Return to “Previous Hustles”