Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [D2] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Associations of Lime Coke and Epignosis

From Lime Coke

Spoiler: show
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:28 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:26 am Whom I THINK can be a wolf is...

THIS GUY!!!

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

:D
I'd love to hear more about that.
Doesn't seem to care about his vote.

His question towards Epi voting Quinn didn't feel like something he was trying to use to solve Epi and didn't look like he cared about the response.

This is a comment about falcon, and Epignosis is only involved tangentially. So I do nothing with it.

From Epignosis

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:00 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:54 am I do have some gripes with Lime Coke.

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:22 am JJJ probably town this game the dude feels way different from his mafia game solve wise.

Michelle I'm actually leaning town on a tad bit.

Annnnd can toss a townlean on Kate and Abigail.

The last time I saw this post (the gist being "JJJ seems really town now, not like last game when he was mafia") it came from mafia WildZoo in one of the SDN games I linked for Wiml.

THIS GUY!!!

falcon was my top town read as of this moment, and to drop this vote without engaging me (or anyone else town reading falcon) in some capacity is a bit off.

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:29 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:27 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:22 am JJJ probably town this game the dude feels way different from his mafia game solve wise.

Talk to me about Abigail pls
Mostly vibes while reading her posts.

Kinda farty

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:32 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:31 am
She has good vibes as wolf too.
You're not wrong.

I'll see how the rest of the day plays out for her I'll tone the read down a bit.

Not sure LC cares about his Abigail read. This "tone it down" move came right after I said the same thing, but with barely any qualification or exploration of the topic.

[VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
I broadly agree with this post as well.
:overreact:

"Broadly?" Why this qualifier? What does it mean? What do you specifically disagree with in this post?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 pm Nah, I'm not Lime Coke's teammate. We'd be having way more fun.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 pm
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 pm Nah, I'm not Lime Coke's teammate. We'd be having way more fun.
You'd have to prove it by voting him tbh.
I have no qualms about doing so. I wanted to move by vote away from where I've been sitting anyway. You could say I'm...boooooored.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:56 pm I thought that'd be a post telling me why I should be voting Lime Coke. :p
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:58 pm
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:56 pm I thought that'd be a post telling me why I should be voting Lime Coke. :p
Ah, we have those but not enough time to dig them out.
I'll catch up in the night. If you and JJJ are voting there, I don't mind it. The soda guy wasn't on my good list anyway. :charlieblackmon:

Only the first post in this spoiler came before the final 20 minutes of Day 1, so the vast majority of the game featured no acknowledgement by Epignosis of Lime Coke. That's not necessarily a "problem". There is one visible gripe that should be addressed, though:

The one post before that time was an adverb gripe at Wiml, who had just co-signed my case against Lime Coke (which was itself essentially a co-sign of Wiml's suspicion). Attacking the accuser of mafia can be a form of defending mafia, even if indirectly. The lingo dorks call it a "chainsaw defense". So things like that are why I call Epignosis my "first alternate" suspect. Still, it should be said to Epi's credit that he didn't pursue this attack with any fervor. He overreaction-emoji'd and then let it be. He's allowed to hate adverbs.

As the day winded down, he joined the LC wagon. His vote was at least important enough to help pull LC out of self-preservation range, so that's nice.

~~~

Conclusion

I don't feel like Epignosis is teamed with Lime Coke. However, I cannot provide a strong case in his defense if one is ever needed.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Associations of Lime Coke and Kate

From Lime Coke

This is it, and the read was never expanded. Shrug.

From Kate

~Nada~

~~~

Conclusion

From an associations standpoint, there are zero reasons to clear Kate. Not included above but indirectly relevant would be her push against Abigail, which inherently drew momentum away from the premier counter-option (Lime Coke). So there is a case, albeit a small one, and no case in her favor.

So take that final post of Day 1, and decide what it means to you. Otherwise she has to be in the POE pool.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Associations of Lime Coke and Michelle

From Lime Coke

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:26 am Hi Brad! It’s a joy to play again!
:hug: :hugs:

You're not wrong.

I'll see how the rest of the day plays out for her I'll tone the read down a bit.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:40 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:59 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:45 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:40 am I think while is night in America the thread will be dead anyway so I am waiting for new inputs before posting more.

If it’s late at you, go to sleep, everyone!
Eh there seems to be a decent amount of posting already but certain slots need to wake up a bit more.
Yes I understand glass houses are cheap on Zillow.
Yes, this game needs more talking

I don't get the spoiler :sigh:
I think it's only an American thing.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:17 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:56 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:48 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:41 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:47 pm Michelle
Voters: ☆Princess Abigail☆, falcon45ca, Wiml

One of these 4 names is a wolf. Spoiler. It's not me.
Why are you confident that there's specifically one wolf in those four names?

Given that you would know that you're town, I'm not seeing a compelling reason why a two vote wagon on another player during RVS has to contain a wolf within the three names with the confidence you're suggesting here.

Not that I don't think it's very plausible but I'm specifically interested about hearing about why you're so confident about this.
Sir if there is one thing that I am, it is scared.
I am never scared when I am town and when I am wolf I try to hide it. Why are you scared?
No reason it was just a joke.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:40 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am Brad you changed playstyle. Just noticed it but I think I was aware since the league game.
Is it that different?

Like I got rid of the massive hard defending... which I'll still do every now and then but a lot less rage.

My read collecting style might be different and I actually make pushes.

I highlighted the most telling thing to me in green in the first post. Remember that at this point in the earliest period of the game, Michelle was catching some flak from Wiml and I at least (maybe others too). So Lime Coke saw fit to clarify that he actually leaned town. I think this looks like a pretty classic case of TMI. Two immediately vocal civilians start by questioning Michelle, and the mafioso floats in to play white knight.

There are some other moments here that I think also speak to Michelle's credit. I've colored both orange. Michelle put LC in reasonably "tough" positions to answer for himself, and he backtracked twice. "Okay, you're right, I'll chill with my Abigail town read." ~~ "No I was joking". This does not look like mafia talking to a teammate.

From Michelle

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:38 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:34 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:31 amDoesn't seem to care about his vote.

His question towards Epi voting Quinn didn't feel like something he was trying to use to solve Epi and didn't look like he cared about the response.
Understood, thanks. I'll stow my thoughts until falcon responds to this.
He'll probably post.

Like this.
:haha:

Thanks for keeping your reads open Brad, this looks good for you
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:19 am

Given that you would know that you're town, I'm not seeing a compelling reason why a two vote wagon on another player during RVS has to contain a wolf within the three names with the confidence you're suggesting here.

Not that I don't think it's very plausible but I'm specifically interested about hearing about why you're so confident about this.
I am never scared when I am town and when I am wolf I try to hide it. Why are you scared?
:huh:
Ookay...
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:46 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:40 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am Brad you changed playstyle. Just noticed it but I think I was aware since the league game.
Is it that different?

Like I got rid of the massive hard defending... which I'll still do every now and then but a lot less rage.

My read collecting style might be different and I actually make pushes.
Yes. Lenght of posts, complete explanations of thoughts and probably a minor difference between town and wolf games.
I am not sure I can read you so easy like I used to.
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:00 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:56 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:38 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:34 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:31 amDoesn't seem to care about his vote.

Understood, thanks. I'll stow my thoughts until falcon responds to this.
He'll probably post.

Like this.
:haha:

Thanks for keeping your reads open Brad, this looks good for you
Mind explaining what you mean here?
He had a post above that where he said he will watch Abigail's play or something
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:00 am

You're not wrong.

This one
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:05 pm I know Jay didn't ask me about reads. But I will try to make my own list, mainly for myself, to see where I land if I have to voice an opinion about everyone

☆Princess Abigail☆ - I am not convinced about her play, she accused me of omgus and her self claimed towniness is not supported in reads and solving intent

DrWilgy - needs to take care of himself. I don't think his posts are really AI. Not today's chop anyway.

Epignosis - I think he is town. I don't think wolf Epi lets his mate alone to play in a mountainous. Also I like his vote, I have to admit.

falcon45ca - refused a free and easy town read and has fluid reads like he wants to really solve, not to fake a solve.

JaggedJimmyJay - the mastermind manipulator if wolf or top town, it's TBD.

Kate - Kate seems fresh and honest in her takes, probably town

Lime Coke - I am not surprised about his read on me because he usually can get my alignament right. I need more from him and I don't think wolf Brad would attack Falcon like that. Seems like an easy push rn.

Michelle - town

Quin - inactive. Can go either way.

Roxy - if I have to find a word for her, that would be solvy. I liked the reaction to the meta reads, I think we have similar opinion about meta.

Wiml - extremely talkative and an easy poster, Brad's joke about the fear of wolf Wiml speaks for his wolfing skills. However I am ok with calling him above suspicion for now.
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:37 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 am Lime Coke dipping after getting pushed, not caring to solve and only coming back for a lolcat-style post gives me a good idea about his alignment atp.
same impression
Yes, sadly, for me as well.
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:01 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:46 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:42 am It feels like we have w/w wagons
Very plausible, although I would at this rate have a strong preference for flipping Lime Coke.
I am not against it if Brad keeps avoiding the game thread
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:57 am @Lime Coke you are top wagon where is your head at?

Things are a bit shakier from this side of the interaction. Michelle may have provided the most concrete town reads on Lime Coke (blue) in the game apart from Quin's. That's not a huge deal; Michelle is allowed to have an off read. I think there's a chance she was thrown by a LC pocket, since he opened with that town read on her. Nonetheless, the read needs to be acknowledged objectively.

Michelle did eventually turn that around, and it's nice that this began with a decent amount of time left in Day 1 (about 13.5 hours remaining as of the red post). She supported the Abigail wagon pretty much all of Day 1, but did not really resist the growth or resolution of the Lime Coke wagon. In the end she was vocally supporting it. If I want to nitpick, I can express a little concern about her suggesting the Abigail-LC wagons were mafia-mafia, because that's a good form of damage control if a teammate is eating dirt. I don't feel that, but I acknowledge the case exists.

~~~

Conclusion

This one is messier than most, and it is plausible enough to build a case against Michelle. From a POE perspective, that might be something we should discuss as a group. Still, overall, the loudest points to me are the one's I made about Lime Coke's posts. He doesn't look like he is dealing with a teammate to me when he confronts Michelle's "pressure" and recoils from it on multiple occasions. I still think she's town.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I already mentioned my concerns about Quin, and they relate to associations with Lime Coke. So I won't do another full review. However, it looks like LC did mention Quin once:

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:28 am

THIS GUY!!!

I'd love to hear more about that.
Doesn't seem to care about his vote.

Doesn't mean much to me, but I'll leave it here for the sake of being thorough. Maybe someone else cares.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Associations of Lime Coke and Roxy

From Lime Coke

~Nada~

From Roxy

Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:50 am Pa - everyone can clear her early but me. I waiting on a couple of responses rn no idea.

Wilgy - has not posted that i have seen nor remember no idea

Epi - read him as bad so in all likely hood he is town but srsly no idea

falcon - is falc'ing it up too soon to say for sure maybe town

JJJ - seems to be trying too hard, not sure what to make of it in older games when you was all gusto and bluster you was bad it has been a long while so I will not use old time play against you. I want to see you have fun playing bc it has been so long since we have played< 3 reserving judgement for now.

Kate - very early game half joking half serious seems normal for Kate. For Town Kate at least for now I am not getting the same weird vibes like last game when you were town but you read as bad for me.

Limey - I think we have one game we have played together I I have hosted you but really have not a clue how to read you this game is different from Sesame Street and from CyberPunk. So I am left twisting and have no idea.

Michelle - usually an easy read for me bc her town shines bright from a vibe/tone this game I think town

Quin - No posts that I seen nor remember I have no idea

Wiml - also another try harder on the site. I hope I remembered to welcome you. I will not suss you nor vote you D 1. Bc you are new to me and I want you to feel welcomed. I am unsure but I think with a couple of days with your tone you will show yourself one way or the other. No idea as of now.

I do not what you expect @falcon45ca as it is so early in D 1 and I need almost the full first 48 to form my own proper reads.

What about you?
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:53 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 am I don't think that a potential wolf-Lime Coke just gives up under pressure if one of his initial strong pushers (JJJ) is actually a wolf bussing him.
so you think Limey has just given up?

I cannot guage them so your input would be so farout.
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:40 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:13 am
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:53 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:44 am I don't think that a potential wolf-Lime Coke just gives up under pressure if one of his initial strong pushers (JJJ) is actually a wolf bussing him.
so you think Limey has just given up?

I cannot guage them so your input would be so farout.
Yeah, he's somebody who doesn't enjoy wolfing and tends to have serious motivation issues as a wolf. I think he got scumcased by two very vocal villagers who he respects (at least one of them, me, having a historically accurate read on him with something like 20 games played together) and felt demoralised over it and / or that he couldn't recover from the situation and / or that his team wasn't in a winnable position and so just stopped posting full stop.

The only time he's posted since he initially left the thread after getting scumread has been once to post that tweet / copypasta earlier. Since he initially left, he hasn't put any attempt into solving people, answering questions asked to him, addressing the wagon on him or just playing the game: he just posted one off-topic meme in a way that looks more like he's lolcatting than anything (not really sure if that term is used on this site but lolcatting is when an outed mafia member posts blatantly off topic things to avoid spewing the identity of their partners and is generally an admission of guilt).

This is very uncharacteristic of his town play but not something I'd consider unexpected from his wolf play. He's generally very strong, active and obvious (to me at least) villager who I have a lot of respect for so I'm having a lot of difficulty reconciling that with his behaviour this game after getting cased and I think the reasons he was cased in the first place are still solid as well.
wow thanks so much for this. I am afraid it will no doubt impact my vibe of them as I really have none on them. :srsnod:
Roxy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:53 pm have had an wild afternoon and need to get Ariya fast. So I have to vote now vote limey
I cannot read him one way or the other except the disappearing act is never a good sign. I'll thank Wiml for this if we get a hit but will not blame them if we don't. I do like their case and felt they have the knowledge of Limey that I just don't.

Roxy sought outside perspectives to help her sort Lime Coke. Initially she wasn't sure, and that's okay with me. I think it's good that she specifically sought Wiml's point of view, absorbed it, and then followed it. She didn't have to do that, particularly given that she had just as much justification to vote Abigail instead if she wanted to.

~~~

Conclusion

I think this material looks genuine, from Roxy's side. I get the impression Lime Coke had no consciousness of her role in the game, and that is a good thing for her sake. Probably not his teammate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Associations of Lime Coke and Wiml

From Lime Coke

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:56 am @Lime Coke do you have an initial impression of Wiml?
Neutral currently since I'm sort of afraid of reading him after failing twice spectating his Champs games.

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:45 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:04 am [VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOUNG MAN!?
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:23 am I interpreted Lime Coke's "scared" as a lighthearted (so, "jokey") way of expressing a genuine sentiment -- unease about Wiml.
Yes I like to use the "I'm scared" thing as a joke in moments and in the tone of me trying to act tough or like I'm about to do something huge.

The shift tends to get people since they don't expect it.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:33 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:22 am

Is there a reason you had an issue with falcon voting Michelle but not me doing the same?

I sa in atm it
Falcon also voted JJJ before Michelle.

You did not.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:56 pm Sorry yesterday was busy as hell for me and today relatively the same.

Granted I knew about today, yesterday's wasn't expected.

Anyways....

I'm way far behind so my reads have been messed up.

I see that Wiml at least is giving me a chance so I'll lean town there.

Idk who else I'm completely lost.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:09 pm [VOTE: Wiml] aubergine

A lot of this is pretty bland tip-toe behavior, which could be interpreted as "Wiml is someone I have to pretend to be paranoid about because of his champs performances" or "Wiml is my teammate, and I must be cautious not to expose him". I am honestly content to ignore all of it.

The last two posts are funny. Hey everyone, look at this WIFOM!

I'll pass.

From Wiml

@Michelle open the spoiler below at you're own risk while on mobile. It's going to be enormous.

Wiml wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:23 pm I know a reasonable number of players here (although the only person I have significant playing everyone with is Lime Coke) and I've seen everyone else minus Quin play at least once since I specced a couple recent games before deciding if to sign up or not.
Wiml wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:24 pm
Wiml wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:23 pm I know a reasonable number of players here (although the only person I have significant playing everyone with is Lime Coke) and I've seen everyone else minus Quin play at least once since I specced a couple recent games before deciding if to sign up or not.
Anyone you think you're particularly well-suited to read correctly?
I used to have a good read on Lime Coke back when we were both MU regulars. I had his slot as my top wolfread while speccing the game Abigail hosted recently but that's the only time I've seen him play in real time in about a year so I'll probably need to take some time to refresh on him.

Abigail I've seen play in real time a bunch (mostly as town) and I feel like I've got a good shot at reading her as well.

There are a few other players I think will be very readable with meta once I've gone over them more thoroughly but I just don't have any real time experience with watching them play.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:43 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:56 am @Lime Coke do you have an initial impression of Wiml?
Neutral currently since I'm sort of afraid of reading him after failing twice spectating his Champs games.
There's no need for people to force a read on me rn so it's fine.

Now that it's daytime for me and people have posted I've actually got the chance to play for real.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:48 am @Lime Coke why the Falcon vote?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:48 am

I never make that post as a wolf lol.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:20 am

Really? It didn't seem like one to me.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:23 am I interpreted Lime Coke's "scared" as a lighthearted (so, "jokey") way of expressing a genuine sentiment -- unease about Wiml.
I interpreted it the same way so I'm not sure what you're meaning?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:28 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:26 am
I interpreted it the same way so I'm not sure what you're meaning?
If I am correct in that interpretation, Lime Coke can validly call it a "joke", but it still demands clarity about what in that post inspired unease about you.
Brad's wolfy because he identified a completely valid post to scumread me based on (even if I'd argue I'd never made that post as mafia, that's total WIFOM) but is very hesitant to push on it. This was just a mild ping at the time but I wanted to move off of Michelle and he seemed like a reasonable vote for that reason.

And then his "it's just a joke" post I reacted to made the above significantly more apparent by totally backing down on it imo (which is where our interpretations seem to differ) and was the point where I started actively considering him to be wolfy.

Wolf-Brad knows I have a reasonably good read on him and have a high chance of burying him later on unless he pockets me. I also used to OMGUS a bit in the past. So wolf-Brad almost never wants to genuinely try to push on me.

So I find his pointing out a genuinely reasonable reason to scumread me and backing off as "just a joke" to be wolfy from him specifically.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
If you're town then I have faith we'll get there eventually on you dw.

Please expand on all of these that you haven't already expanded on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:54 am I do have some gripes with Lime Coke.

The last time I saw this post (the gist being "JJJ seems really town now, not like last game when he was mafia") it came from mafia WildZoo in one of the SDN games I linked for Wiml.

THIS GUY!!!

falcon was my top town read as of this moment, and to drop this vote without engaging me (or anyone else town reading falcon) in some capacity is a bit off.

Kinda farty

You're not wrong.

Not sure LC cares about his Abigail read. This "tone it down" move came right after I said the same thing, but with barely any qualification or exploration of the topic.

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:22 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

I'm back and forth on the read itself I'll have to see him a second go around.
Is there a reason you had an issue with falcon voting Michelle but not me doing the same?

I saw somebody say in a prior game that falcon making these sort of aggressive pushes like on Michelle was his town meta (and although that's not something I'm putting a tonne of stock in atm it does line up with what I've seen from Falcon's play in prior games recently).
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:33 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:48 am
Yes I like to use the "I'm scared" thing as a joke in moments and in the tone of me trying to act tough or like I'm about to do something huge.

The shift tends to get people since they don't expect it.
This seems reasonable enough.

What was the intention in quoting that specific post of mine, then?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:32 am @Lime Coke

This might be the only time we play together for a while since I'm not yet sure if I'm going to keep playing FM or go back to retirement.

So if you're town you gotta impress me today and show me how much you've improved firsthand since we last played together, right?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:37 am Lime Coke, talk to me more about your perceived meta differences between JJJ this game and when you last saw him wolf?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:11 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:55 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:41 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:24 am Jay, Neon, & Michelle all prolly town
I think that's there at max 1 wolf in this list of names.

What does your read list look like? Do you have a color arrangement a la Jay?
Not worth doing a rainbow since I'm on mobile and the difference between tiers of my reads is pretty minimal rn.

I'm townleaning you, Michelle and to a lesser extent JJJ pending some ISOs.

Abigail I have as more likely town than not as well.

Most of these players (minus JJJ) I'm somewhat happy to write off as town and just keep an eye on for now. I don't think that there's more than 1 wolf in the top 4 posters due to the threadstate and disassociatives between all of them so I'm pretty happy just sitting back and letting them cook even without a super strong set of clears. You I've had as low priority due to being an easier read once you've posted more.

Lime Coke I lean wolf on.

Everyone else is a shrug from me.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:41 am I like the general vibe of Lime Coke's posts and think he sounds fine. I hesitate to pull the town trigger, because the falcon vote is like a direct shot into my green pile. That doesn't make him mafia or even wrong, but it's something I have to reconcile.
What did you like about Lime's posts at this point in time?
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:46 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 pm
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:38 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:31 pm @Wiml uh I guess I can detail Epi in that I form reads from vibes and tone. Epi's tone seems different than last game and it bugged me thinking he could be bad but last two times I thought he was bad he was in fact town. The basis of my read.

@DrWilgy I am so sorry to hear this feel better soon <3 hope you have had a vaccine <3
Thanks for answering!

Is there anybody in this lobby that you'd consider yourself to have a good read on?
no it's way too early to be sure (at least for me) how about you?
There's nobody in this playerlist that I'd be shocked if they flipped against my reads rn but there's a few players who I'd be impressed with if they pulled off this strong of an entrance as mafia (falcon and Michelle come to mind).

Over time I'm hoping to be able to read Lime Coke and Abigail well in particular and will probably try to focus on trying to find villagers in the less active / busier players.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:22 pm I think in particular this game, falcon feels a lot more personally invsted in the game than there.

I think he actually cares about his read on Lime Coke and isn't just sitting back eating popcorn. I feel like he cares about the game broadly as a whole and is actually trying to push the gamestate forward with his posting and the questions he's asking.
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:52 pm My PoE is also Lime Coke / Kate / Quin / Wilgy with Epi on the verge of the but being townier than the rest.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:36 am Lime Coke dipping after getting pushed, not caring to solve and only coming back for a lolcat-style post gives me a good idea about his alignment atp.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:46 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:42 am It feels like we have w/w wagons
Very plausible, although I would at this rate have a strong preference for flipping Lime Coke.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:37 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:00 pm

THIS GUY!!!

Kinda farty

You're not wrong.

:overreact:

"Broadly?" Why this qualifier? What does it mean? What do you specifically disagree with in this post?
"Broadly" because JJJ came to similar conclusions as I did but I didn't have the ability to comment on every single point he brought up. I was saying that I agreed with what I could comment on and agreed with the overall conclusion of the post.

To go point-by-point:

1. Can't comment on JJJ's personal experiences but I think the lazy treatment of JJJ's slot demonstrates a lack of paranoia about JJJ's alignment that I absolutely would expect from Brad (something which he displayed elsewhere in his treatment of me for example).

2. Fully in agreement. Lime Coke also went after obvtown!falcon early on after subbing into Cyberpunk and did a similar thing to described here.

3+4. Weak explanation demonstrating a lack of thought behind his reads and further demonstrating a lack of concern about accuracy. Also got the impression that he didn't care about his reads and had to back down because he couldn't justify his (poorly-conceived) reasoning.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:53 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:45 am
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOUNG MAN!?
Pointing this out as another point where I think town-Lime Coke would have tried to engage with me instead of superficially react but stay way clear of defending himself / trying to read me / trying to actually engage me.

(Lime Coke's post here with the big text is a joke response for people who weren't aware).
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:53 am I think everyone that hasn't already should share their new impressions of Quin.
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Going through ISOs because it's getting kind of rough to find teams that aren't Lime Coke + Kate/Abigail and even then I'm not all that sold on Abigail.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:13 am Currently leaning towards a world where if Lime Coke is a wolf his partner doesn't have a lot of thread control.

Not really confident that we're living in a world where two players with the potential for being very active, capable wolves are sat not doing a whole lot to influence things while both are getting run up and wagoned.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:15 am Like, I'll have to review it but I don't think wolf-Abi would really see town-Michelle as a viable counterwagon to w/w wagons and I don't recall her doing a lot outside of that to actually change the direction the game is heading in, if you get me?

Nor does that seem to particularly align with Lime's behaviour.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:18 am Ftr I'm open to hearing people's reasons why Lime Coke is town.

I'm struggling to see it atm but I don't like to tunnel onto people too strongly and I'm very open to changing my worldview with new content / evidence.

Ideally points why Lime is town in a vacuum instead of trying to address the case on Lime and say why you think it's wrong. The latter won't really help atm.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:06 am Ftr I am not fully sold on a Wilgy/Lime unalignment (based on the logic of the early falcon sheep vote) in large part due to Lime's big loss of WIM.

It doesn't matter at the moment but I'm bringing it up in case Lime flips wolf and I subsequently die so Wilgy doesn't get blindly cleared without at least a review of that logic.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:23 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:14 am This is honestly very interesting and I think it's due to a lack of history, but I assure you Wiml, I'm the last person to be cleared.

Like almost ever and under any circumstance. I don't think you need to worry so much about that.
Yeah, that was primarily indirect response to JJJ since he said he'd not have you in his extended PoE due to disassociatives if Brad flipped wolf unless I'm misremembering.

If a town loses a mountainous game with a D1 wolf flip, it's more often than not due to misclearing (or at least mis-removing-from-PoE) somebody because of spew (or at least on MU it tends to be, idk meta here well) so I'd feel pretty guilty if I saw a possible case of that happening in real time, ignored it and then it turned out you were Lime's partner.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:48 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:31 am
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:23 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:14 am This is honestly very interesting and I think it's due to a lack of history, but I assure you Wiml, I'm the last person to be cleared.

Like almost ever and under any circumstance. I don't think you need to worry so much about that.
Yeah, that was primarily indirect response to JJJ since he said he'd not have you in his extended PoE due to disassociatives if Brad flipped wolf unless I'm misremembering.

If a town loses a mountainous game with a D1 wolf flip, it's more often than not due to misclearing (or at least mis-removing-from-PoE) somebody because of spew (or at least on MU it tends to be, idk meta here well) so I'd feel pretty guilty if I saw a possible case of that happening in real time, ignored it and then it turned out you were Lime's partner.
If you wish to see Brad and I teamed up, I'd browse cyberpunk.

However, them flipping wolf here I think makes assoc reads almost -ev due to the lack of content. I remember once an argument was made that if a wolf goes over d1 it's bad dudu for the town as it becomes a game of find the sk.
I've read most of Cyberpunk in real time since I was at one point a possible sub for that game but ty.

I don't think otoh that there's a lot of direct interactions here that would be all that meaningful if Lime flipped wolf but I think there are enough players who seem unaligned with Lime (Falcon, JJJ, to a lesser extent probably Abigail and possibly others I'm forgetting) that looking at potential teams is at the very least still useful.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:15 pm
Kate wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:57 pm Why are yall voting for 7up?
Kate wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:59 pm Let me guess, without reading, princess Abigail has used ATE to get yall to move off her?
There's a bunch of cases on him but Lime got moderately pushed for being wolfy and then seems to have lost all motivation and stopped posting in a way that seems kind of outing for him.

He's only posted once since early in the cycle and that was to post a non-game-related meme before dipping.

Lots more context but you'll see it when you catch up.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:18 pm @Lime Coke if you come back I'm very happy to try working with you.

Just please don't wait until right at EoD to show up if you're town.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:21 pm I'm very much not expecting Lime to be a villager at this point but I want to make absolutely sure to give him every opportunity to prove me wrong if he's town.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:26 pm If Lime flips wolf then I'm expecting a comfortable game for us.

My biggest concerns are just some absolute hellworld where Lime gave up and started lolcatting as a villager for some reason??? But I'm really struggling to see him not even weakly try to solve or do something game related on his re-entry if he actually was a villager.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:28 pm While not a full wolf streak, I know that Lime's had a couple of other wolf games in the last few weeks so he might just be feeling burned out from those as well.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:28 pm I’ve seen Lime Coke receive suspicion as town on a number of occasions, and this was never the result in the past. He has usually continued playing, either giving faith that folks would come around or developing his own reads.
Thanks. I'm glad this lines up with your experiences with him as well.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:10 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:56 pm Sorry yesterday was busy as hell for me and today relatively the same.

Granted I knew about today, yesterday's wasn't expected.

Anyways....

I'm way far behind so my reads have been messed up.

I see that Wiml at least is giving me a chance so I'll lean town there.

Idk who else I'm completely lost.
Hi Brad, do you have an idea of how much you'll be able to read before EoD?
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:11 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:09 pm [VOTE: Wiml] aubergine
What caused the 180?
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:14 pm I... sincerely hope that Lime Coke isn't town.

Will wait for his catch up.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:28 pm Lime Coke's probably not coming back, is he?

(Appreciate the responses, taking my time going through them).
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:16 pm Wilgy, will you please move back onto a non-vanity wagon before EoD? Just to avoid shenanigans since Lime will probably self pres at some point.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:25 pm Oh that thing I was going to say closer to EoD.

Was just going to make note of the fact that Lime Coke left some pretty bad spew in Cyberpunk that let me correctly narrow down the last wolf as a spectator to exactly Wilgy without reading the game in great detail.

Spew reads from a D1 flipped wolf are something to be very, very cautious of as misclears there are often the cause of lost games but I think for Lime in particular spending a bit of time looking at how he approached people early on and how others approached him might benefit us. Just take clearing people on spew alone with a pinch of salt (especially later on).

Just stuff I wanted to out this in case we flip Lime and he's wolfing + I die.
Wiml wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:35 pm A lot of my legacy is just under the assumption that we flip Lime Coke and he flips wolf which is the most likely scenario where I die.

Kate is the most likely wolf, followed by Epi/Quin followed a large gap then Wilgy and Abigail.

Falcon's almost always town. Michelle/JJJ very likely to be town but scrutinise if alive for too long. Roxy probably also just a villager but without quite the same level of confidence.

If we don't flip Lime then my legacy is that he's a wolf.

I definitely didn't need to include all of those, but at a certain point somewhere I decided to be obnoxious. So have the whole thing.

The simple answer is "why even bother, Wiml buried Lime Coke, they're not teammates, the end" -- but we're a thorough town in Cool Bugs Mafia. We turn the stones. Clearly Wiml played a pivotal role in eliminating Lime Coke. This big analysis post isn't necessary for us to know that. So let's consider the minutiae, because if Wiml is mafia, that's the only way he'll be located. Are there better reasons in this mass of information than "Wiml buried Lime Coke" to trust Wiml? I think there are a few. Let's see:

Green - I mentioned in my review of Michelle that Lime Coke had kind of recoiled from her pressure with that "It was a joke" moment. So you'll see a progression here in which Wiml takes that moment and turns it into interrogation. In that sense, he isn't missing a beat in a moment when, his "mafia teammate" (hypothetically) is already in an awkward spot. Most teammates leave that alone instead of jumping on it immediately and making it worse. So I think that's a good thing for Wiml.

Orange - You'll note that on a few occasions, Wiml makes it known that he is willing to hear the town side of the story from or about Lime Coke. This kind of thing can easily be lip service, so that it's there is less important than how it's executed. Did Wiml actually give Lime Coke a chance? I think he did. He asked LC numerous questions about various different dynamics in the game thread, which offered him a variety of avenues to find his way back into the good graces. I think that's a good thing for Wiml, because it evidences that he was genuinely trying to make that possible in the absence of total certainty. He was confident, but he didn't know that Lime Coke was mafia. In that sense, I don't see TMI in Wiml's treatment of Lime Coke.

If the above was faked in a deliberate bus, then Wiml deserves a lot of credit for crafting that dialogue so well. He is a very good player in the mafia alignment, and that sometimes leads to paranoia or base assumptions that "if it's possible, it's true". One must make a judgment: I don't think Wiml is Lime Coke's teammate.

~~~

Conclusion

I don't think anyone has Wiml in their crosshairs right now, and I am fine with that. The above contains the nuanced details if anyone wants to go deeper than just "played a key role in eliminating a mafioso".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tl;dr

Quin maf

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

This is where I'd use my hammer.

IF I HAD ONE!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Where there’s a will there’s a Wilgy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 118

Post by Epignosis »

I have a separate issue with Quin that has nothing to do with Lime Coke.
Quin wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:45 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:27 pm :shrug:

I have ten posts, including the one I just made. I feel like I'm not playing.
I can just say at this point:

I figured your blind vote for Quin and your move against Abigail were both more "throw something at the wall and see how people handle it" than concrete reads. You can tell me if that's true or not.
True for Quin. My current vote is "realer."
Why Quin?
Nobody knew where you were.
Ick.
Quin became defensive over a single vote from me just for the sake of doing something.

I didn't think the third-person question that followed was serious, so I replied in kind.

I got a seemingly serious but rather ambiguous response.
Quin wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:05 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:02 pm Ick.
What's ick?
Sounds like I wasn't the only one who hadn't posted. I wanted to know why he picked me.

I also don't think throwing votes on inactives is part of his civilian playbook to begin with. It's LHF.
Quin seemed annoyed that I picked that particular name to vote at that time. I didn't have a reason, so there was no "why."

Does Quin think I have a civilian playbook? I just do shit. Voting Quin was just doing shit. But then Quin going out of the way to self-ascribe "low hanging fruit" is pouring it on heavier and thicker than grandma's peach cobbler over ice cream.
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:37 am I'm scum reading everyone (Epi is a quinfoil) on the Abigail wagon, but I'm not sure she's town either.

Thread leaders, 1 of whom (3J) I townread and another I townlean (Wiml) are on LC, who I have no opinion on.

I am realistically not getting through 12~ pages of content before I go to bed in 3 hours, so I'm pretty desperate for someone to tell me where to look on that front.

A lynch between Abigail and LC could tell me a lot.
The silver (the color of quinfoil) is the biggest bunch of hooey. There's no reasoning given; it's permission to say "all of these people are bad," BUT WAIT "Epi (Mr. Ick) is 'quinfoil'" and the person getting voted could be good too. There's nothing of substance in that sentence. It's Quin producing an allowance to suspect either side of the coin (or the ridges of the coin).

The red is another item of note. If Quin is desperate for help, why this?
Quin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:36 am @Quin any cause for the delay in placing a vote?
No, but I'm probably going off wagon.
"I'm pretty desperate for someone to tell me where to look" is about an hour removed from "No, but I'm probably going off wagon."

And that's what happened. A vote for DrWilgy.

I'd cover the cobbler in quinfoil, but I'd fear the latter would spoil the former.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am on board with all of those points, Epi.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"A lynch between Abigail and LC could tell me a lot."

Didn't even notice that. No vote on either party. Boo Quin. Boo.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I kinda feel like this is just consensus so

Vote: Quin
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I don't fear the hammer

Let's go

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That’s two shy of the hammer.

I don’t really object. But if anyone wants to wait they need to speak up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:17 pm That’s two shy of the hammer.

I despise hammers. I feel it's only right for Quin to say his piece.

I'd be awful cranky if I was a civilian and people hammered me while I was sleeping or, I don't know, playing golf on the Wii. :fist:

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fair

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I just wanna process the PoE.

Keeping momentum by hammer is important sometimes.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:27 pm I just wanna process the PoE.

What do you mean, when is it important, and when is it not important?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:27 pm I just wanna process the PoE.

What do you mean, when is it important, and when is it not important?
I think it's important when a town has consensus mostly reached already (this game state). Much more likely to occur on last wolf and around the PoE trimming cycles. Prevent stagnation and outbreaks of infighting. Trusting the process.

It's important to not hammer when the consensus PoE is larger, where deliberation can resolve 50/50s (none exist atm that are of concern, Quin flipping town would bring the Kate/Abigail 50/50 back into question for me, but I don't think that'll happen).
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I just think the hammer is the silliest voting mechanic in existence. It also invites issues when the host can't be around. But enough about that.

I will never place a a hammer vote unless I've no other choice (end of game, that sort of thing).

If Quin is mafia and doesn't feel like fighting the fight, he can concede.

If Quin is a civilian, there's no reason to pound him out of existence before he's had a chance to speak.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let all the players play the game is my meaning.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml said he wanted to look into some things. Folks should have their chances to do what they do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

Hammers win games and nobody will change my mind

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

They prevent stagnation and over analyzing and disinterest.

They prevent in fighting and tinfoil.

When the thread is in mass agreement like this forcing the day to continue only leads to bad play and mistakes.

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It only leads to mistakes if the civilians allow it to do so. This game is under control.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Essentially: Quin is dead. That’s pretty settled.

If he’s mafia, we win when he’s dead. That can happen later, and we still win.

If he’s town, he has the opportunity to say how he believes we should proceed with the game after we kill him.

Because he’s dead.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That, and it's the courteous thing to do. :beer:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fair enough.

Gives me more opportunities to nap.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And we can use our time wisely as well.

Quin is civilian.

Who is bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yeah, no. It's Quin. Quin is bad. Sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If not Quin, I'm probably back to Kate right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Are they mafia?

Abigail - no
DrWilgy - no
Epignosis - doubt
Kate - meh?
Michelle - no
Quin - yes
Roxy - no
Wiml - no

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:44 pm Are they mafia?

Abigail - no
DrWilgy - no
Epignosis - doubt
Kate - meh?
Michelle - no
Quin - yes
Roxy - no
Wiml - no
:why:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:46 pm :why:
I thought about a nice simple "no". You're close. That Quin case looks good.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It is unfortunate that Syn will only be able to flip three bugs while the game is active.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:48 pm It is unfortunate that Syn will only be able to flip three bugs while the game is active.
Mine is a cuckold sugar daddy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you are boooooored but loving the fret boaaaaaaaard go hit up Guitar Mafia right here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 pm Hammers win games and nobody will change my mind
So do clocks in sports. :grin:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm Essentially: Quin is dead. That’s pretty settled.

If he’s town, he has the opportunity to say how he believes we should proceed with the game after we kill him.

Because he’s dead.
BRO?!?!?!?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin voted off-wagon, ever the contrarian. I even half-predicted Wiml and I would both live if Quin is mafia, because he’d make a contrarian kill. XD
I disagree with this.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i realise my last two posts read like caught mafia but in reality im just phone posting and reeling over how i set myself up like this

like... contrarian is fair. im not bad though.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm Essentially: Quin is dead. That’s pretty settled.

Because he’s dead.
BRO?!?!?!?
Bro.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm booooored

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Good morning, I read until Jay's walls but I don't have much time before work today to read them through.

I looked only at some tl;drs and I saw Quin is a consensus for today.

Waiting for him to post and also after work I have to go outside town so my time is short all day.

I have one curiosity @Abigail why the change of heart?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin posted. Didn’t do anything.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

X

Top left box

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I know his read on me is exactly like he did it when he was town last game. That was ok-ish from my Pov at the time of the post and now because it's not a solid read I don't think it clears me like Brad used TMI.
In this playerlist Brad is the player I played the most with and he is my friend, I don't like to mischop him ever so I wanted to give him space, poked him to play but his silence was damning.

But

He gave an easy TR to Jay. Everyone who saw how gracefully Jay is wolfing can't give him a GTH town read for meta like that so that is a TMI take.

The TRs on Kate and Abigail look like pure TMI as well.

Thinking at these at Wifom will be a sane thing to do if Quin flips town and none of these clear anyone.

I think Brad played in antispew anyway but that doesn’t mean I don't want to analize his posts during the day when I have time to post

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:17 pm That’s two shy of the hammer.

Still missing Kate, would probably be best to allow her to check in before any of us hammer.

Return to “Previous Hustles”