Smalltown Circus [Game Over] - Mafia Win

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Smalltown Circus [Day 1] - Sabotage

Post by nutella »

it just hit me that we have delayed cop instead of parity cop, i'm used to having parity cop in smalltown setups, interesting
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dokidoki
Posts in topic: 60

Post by dokidoki »

I kind of agree that the take is silly, but I think their instant jumping into solving is nonetheless a towntell. Same with falcon on wilgy

My mind is often all over the place, I don't mind if you want to talk about me, but I don't believe it's a scumtell to have multiple topics at once

The quoting here feels weird so the first line is directed to nutella and the second to 112
oki doki! :cloud9:

Not a new player
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by 112 »

i admit my own take was silly but i'm still taking it half-seriously

also you guys are welcome that i chose doublevoter btw. can you imagine the havoc a wolf could stir up with TWO votes?
dokidoki
Posts in topic: 60

Post by dokidoki »

I do fear the idea of the mafia having four votes in a 12er which is why I'm going to hold you to the fire all game~
oki doki! :cloud9:

Not a new player
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:27 pm I do fear the idea of the mafia having four votes in a 12er which is why I'm going to hold you to the fire all game~
this doesn't scare me. i'm a smoker, so fire is my element.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Porscha »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:25 pm i admit my own take was silly but i'm still taking it half-seriously

also you guys are welcome that i chose doublevoter btw. can you imagine the havoc a wolf could stir up with TWO votes?
:really:
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Well, I know who I'm targeting tonight.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:50 pm Well, I know who I'm targeting tonight.
:grin:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:54 pm
Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:50 pm Well, I know who I'm targeting tonight.
:grin: :grin: :grin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:58 pm
112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:54 pm
:grin: :grin: :grin:
i wonder if nutella knows how scummy she's been
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

No u :pout:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:04 pmNo u :pout:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Post by DrWilgy »

yahtzee!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:14 pmyahtzee!
i don't see that word anywhere in my scrabble dictionary.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:25 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:14 pmyahtzee!
i don't see that word anywhere in my scrabble dictionary.
this Boggles my mind.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

three hour
no post
lame circus
money back
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:35 pm three hour
no post
lame circus
money back
ok but you have to admit my scrabble joke was low-key kinda funny
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:35 pm three hour
no post
lame circus
money back
SOMEONE ENTERTAIN THIS BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST SANDWICH!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 53

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm
dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:06 pm oki doki! I think the enthusiasm is a little bit faux because I'm masking some. My first post was always going to be an introduction of sorts because I felt like it was important to note :dance: wow, this site has a lot of emojis :lorab: :bored: hehe, I feel like I could tell a story with these~

Anyways, do you have any thoughts on falcon and Wilgy?
not really. they seem standard. i am interested in where falcon's sus on wilgy is going and have a mental bookmark to keep following their exchanges. i don't see it as being particularly damning that wilgy had immediate thoughts to share, though--and i similarly don't see it as a fruitful activity to try to read someone who's making mechanical arguments at the start of the game.
Why take such a passive approach, when you could directly engage myself or Wilgy?

Especially since this is a passive aggressive approach, since you posted it ITT, instead of just keeping a mental note
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:25 pm i admit my own take was silly but i'm still taking it half-seriously

[VOTE: 112] aubergine

A walked back read, supported with a 'Maf would never claim this' type of role, eh?

You're breaking my heart 112! You're going down a path I can't follow
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:02 pm
112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm
dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:06 pm oki doki! I think the enthusiasm is a little bit faux because I'm masking some. My first post was always going to be an introduction of sorts because I felt like it was important to note :dance: wow, this site has a lot of emojis :lorab: :bored: hehe, I feel like I could tell a story with these~

not really. they seem standard. i am interested in where falcon's sus on wilgy is going and have a mental bookmark to keep following their exchanges. i don't see it as being particularly damning that wilgy had immediate thoughts to share, though--and i similarly don't see it as a fruitful activity to try to read someone who's making mechanical arguments at the start of the game.
Why take such a passive approach, when you could directly engage myself or Wilgy?

Especially since this is a passive aggressive approach, since you posted it ITT, instead of just keeping a mental note
literally wat. i was asked directly to comment on you/wilgy.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:06 pm

A walked back read, supported with a 'Maf would never claim this' type of role, eh?

it's difficult to call it walked back when one of the first things i said about my doki push was that it was half-serious.

sus post btw
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Oh, nvm, I am le' dumb

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:08 pm

it's difficult to call it walked back when one of the first things i said about my doki push was that it was half-serious.

sus post btw
I'm sorry, but half serious is just another word for hedgey, and it reads like you're trying to walk back from actually making a read
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Then I saw the players list does have the roles attached, so there's that.

Why nutella @112m
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm

sus post btw
I'm sorry, but half serious is just another word for hedgey, and it reads like you're trying to walk back from actually making a read
my opinion of doki is that they could be wolfing and have mildly pinged me. am i sure? no, but why would i be? and why would i walk back a read (as a wolf) when i have full ability to just not?

hedging isn't always a bad/wolf thing to do. as a rule, townies do it all the time. if you want to insert "i'm hedging here" into my posts in place of "half-serious" i don't think it would make the case against me any stronger. so i'm unsure of someone after i put out a super early read on them (i think doki had one post); it's not a big deal. like, i think you're drawing from your thesaurus here in order to discredit me--both ways of putting it can be considered in ways that are more-or-less identical and you're choosing the word that reflects badly on me because of its associations within mafia meta.

simply put: i am unsure of doki. there's a part of me where i see them shifting the conversation at a couple of points where there's not really a benefit readily apparent, except as a way to move conversation into another space rather than on themself (the wilgy/falc question was a form of this).

i'm not walking back from actually making a read unless your definition of making a read is to either give someone the mafia or town label, removing everything in between.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hello fellow circus performers
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:26 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:13 pm

sus post btw
my opinion of doki is that they could be wolfing and have mildly pinged me. am i sure? no, but why would i be? and why would i walk back a read (as a wolf) when i have full ability to just not?

hedging isn't always a bad/wolf thing to do. as a rule, townies do it all the time. if you want to insert "i'm hedging here" into my posts in place of "half-serious" i don't think it would make the case against me any stronger. so i'm unsure of someone after i put out a super early read on them (i think doki had one post); it's not a big deal. like, i think you're drawing from your thesaurus here in order to discredit me--both ways of putting it can be considered in ways that are more-or-less identical and you're choosing the word that reflects badly on me because of its associations within mafia meta.

simply put: i am unsure of doki. there's a part of me where i see them shifting the conversation at a couple of points where there's not really a benefit readily apparent, except as a way to move conversation into another space rather than on themself (the wilgy/falc question was a form of this).

i'm not walking back from actually making a read unless your definition of making a read is to either give someone the mafia or town label, removing everything in between.
OK, I get that

My initial take was informed by my sus of your role claim, and now that I know they're already public info, I will unironically walk back my SR for now

Tall to me about what you're seeing with nutella
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:15 pm Then I saw the players list does have the roles attached, so there's that.

Why nutella @112m
i thought her 'nahhhh' post on the first page was eerie--eerie in the sense that i can read it as a wolf defending a civilian from another civilian. like, it's easy to say (when one's wolfing and therefore informed) that another player's read is garbage simply by virtue of knowing it's garbage. it's more difficult to lie than tell the truth. she's not wrong to call the read silly, but i don't see where the confidence comes into play as someone who doesn't know alignments. otherwise, on page 2 she's been mostly memeing and letting others steer the ship, which i don't mind as an early-game town philosophy but it still irks me somewhat.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:27 pm Hello fellow circus performers
:llama:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:42 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Error 809: Vote not valid, it is Nutella's birthday.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:48 pm

WTF?

Didn't she just have one last year?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:48 pm
:mafia: one of these days, it won't be nutella's birthday. then we will strike.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Smalltown Circus [Pregame]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:04 am Sup circus monkeys it's my birthday so imma slank maybe

Also 10 am is a shitty eod time lmao
I 1000% never make this EoD but it is what it is
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:23 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:14 am @LinearPoint Lily's Psychic comes across as a passive ability to me, would my rb/protect prevent flip information from getting to them?
Why would you ever bother rb'ing the psychic when the psychic' ability for a wolf is literally only useful for the serial killer flip lol. They already know who is town
Oh god it's all gonna be mech talk isn't it

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:29 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:29 am Why would we get role flips? We know the roles already?
Look I read the set up like 2 weeks ago when this posted and never again, me forgor
Imagine reading a set up

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:35 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:35 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:34 am Full disclosure - I won't be around for much of D2. I'm going on a little cabin getaway. I'll try to get in when I can, but low expectations.
I'll miss you.
I know.
Get a room

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:40 am Heya! A little bit about myself: First time playing on The Syndicate, forgive me if I make some formatting errors. I'm familiar with a few of you, I've played numerous games on MafiaUniverse and MafiaScum, trying out a new style on a fresh slate here which is why I'm not using one of my normal aliases! They/them pronouns, please <3

Enough about me, though! Happy birthday, nutella!
Intriguing...

I'm town coreing this and you can't stop me. Wanna mason?

ImageImage

Oh god I signed up for flipless, lord help me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Yeah just lock them town and never think about it again

I promise I'm right

ImageImage

Where is dokidoki from?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:01 pm
dokidoki wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:40 am Heya! A little bit about myself: First time playing on The Syndicate, forgive me if I make some formatting errors. I'm familiar with a few of you, I've played numerous games on MafiaUniverse and MafiaScum, trying out a new style on a fresh slate here which is why I'm not using one of my normal aliases! They/them pronouns, please <3

Enough about me, though! Happy birthday, nutella!
Intriguing...

I'm town coreing this and you can't stop me. Wanna mason?
what specifically do you like about their posts?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I now have two targets, which means somehow I will have to survive until D4.

I'm effort suspecting 112
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Wilgy nutella porscha all town

I'm town

Begin with that towncore my fellow villagers
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

To add on more

Doki null

Abigail null

Nook slightly towny

Thx
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:13 pm Wilgy nutella porscha all town

I'm town

Begin with that towncore my fellow villagers
I'm town, add me here.

Thank me later.

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

I picked roles specifically to not deal with mech discussions impacting my play btw so I will bring trying not to care about mech most of this game unless it's like imperative

I'm going to hunt wolves find villagers and die n2 as I should

Return to “Previous Jobs”