S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 144

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D2]

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:24 am
Spoiler: show
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:34 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pm It could be marmot. I don't love their reactions/progressions. On the other hand they kinda seem organic.
It could be Marmot.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pm
I did not love Epi's posturing during the shit fest either. Felt like he was bullying me, possibly from a position of TMI on Lime.
It could be me.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pmI do not know why Dizzy and SVS are being dismissed. They are both well within their scum ranges and I'd prefer if more people seriously scrutinized them rather than tossing their names to the side for no apparent reason. It would kind of be an elim out of fear but it kinda feels like the alternative is shrugyeeting the 1 poster.
It could be S~V~S or Dizzy.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pmThunal, Seanzie, and Scotty I would say are townreads atm with some paranoia. Thunal maybe slightly more likely wolf meta than the other two.
It could be these three people ("some paranoia").

I view this as nutella leaving her options as open as they can be. She lost Lime Coke in his revelation.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pm
So my preferences are something like
One of Dizzy/Epi - I would like to see these flips the most. I kind of think they are as close as we have to a Macdougall patented difference check. If there isn't a wolf in Dizzy/Epi then I recuse myself from having any grasp on this whole damn game lol. Maybe there isn't much basis for that but vibes.
If nutella is a civilian, I don't understand the basis for pairing Dyslexicon and me together in this manner and then excusing herself from figuring anything out further when she is proven incorrect.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:54 pm And from posts in this catchup I'm leaning more to Epi now than Dizzy. Idk.
-----
SVS - I am paranoid but do not have a direct reason to want to flip first. If the above two are clean she's where I'd look next, mostly by POE, but at that point I get more paranoid of my paranoia tier too.
Rico - Coin fuckin flip idc. The back of my head is invoking the "did he just forget about the game and is that more likely town" but that's somewhat angley and not much worth weighing in.
Marmot - Meh?
-----
Everyone else I'd prefer not to die today probably.

.....Shit idk. Maybe I'm not as sure on falcon. Maybe the wolves are just all in my paranoia tier. I feel likely to 180 on just about anyone at any point. I hate this game.
(Full disclosure: I edited things out of this post that weren't relevant to the point I was making)
I go back and forth on nutella. She has oscillated between moments where I think her tone is genuine in solving and others (like LC claiming) that came off to me as frustrated wolf. But the frustration was real, nonetheless. That could definitely go for either alignment. But it doesn’t prove that she’s town.

I am not going to argue against a Nutella yeet today if that’s where it goes
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:30 am Note to self: If there’s a deepwolf in this game, it’s Syn.
Sorry I'm talking to you Mr 70 Posts, but~

I want you to come out of your tunnel and come back.

We could tinfoil together. :bighug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I'm considering voting Epi right now. I'm looking at his behavior and it's independently wolfy. He consistently scumread Nutellla but it also doesn't feel like he's actually tunneled on her. He's not really trying to convince people to vote Nutella with that case, he just threw it out, made one sigh emoji and left. It feels performative.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:38 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:31 am I'm mostly letting vibes inform my reads this game, and following it up with analysis if needed, and many players have passed the vibe check for me thus far. Epi and Rico have not passed it for me. Thunal and falcon have had moments. I'm still feeling good about the rest of the players. Their Day 2 vibes match their Day 1 vibes (those who have posted thus far at least) and I think that's a good sign for them: Syn and Scotty in particular.

The one thing that gives me pause about Thunal is that I know she has a fairly logical brain, and that approach does translate to mafia to some extent, and it's possible that approach is just not as obvious of a town vibe.
My main thing with Thunal is looking at her iso as a whole looks like….I dunno…crafted chapters. If that makes sense.

If you look at her iso and at each post as a separate segment it seems like surface thought is being written into each paragraph. Posts *should* have thought, right? so that in and of itself isn’t wolfy. But it’s the *way* she’s saying the thoughts that are giving off vibes of having a pulse on the game while not making any residual or spicy reads. Im not convinced she truly believes her progressions.

I just dare anyone to read her iso in succession and see if they can at least see a smidgeon of what I’m seeing. I don’t think she
I'm suggesting to you to go read her Sesame iso, or at least Day One when she was under pressure (including from me, I suspected her, until I suddenly changed my mind literally mid post with no progression whatsoever) since you can't post, maybe you'll have time.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I still wolfread Scotty, but his wolf equity goes down if he's not exactly teamed with Epi and I am considering SVS's read there.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:44 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:16 am @Syn so even though I’m committed to this thunal tunnel, and I think I’m correct,

When you said earlier that you think there is (more or less) a difference check between us, are you still trying to make up your mind on which of us is bad, or are you recanting that?

Like do you think there is a world in which both of us are town?
I mean, of course there's a world where that could be true

I... feel it's unlikely. the way you two have gone at it does not feel like theatre, and enough holes are being poked into both your approaches to the game by separate people that there is something amiss. during D1 I interpreted this as an awkward team, but during D2 it has seemed more directly oppositional

could be good acting, I guess. but for now I'm content with the simpler read that one of you has the other one pegged

I could explain why I want to flip thunal first but the logic of it is terrible and will make me look silly, so instead I'll just look at you alluringly and hope it does the trick

:evileye:
Have you never seen an aggressive town/town tunnel war? I would have thought we all have. You should have been here back in the day when Dharma Helper and I regularly eviscerated each other as t/t almost every game. It traumatized both of us into quitting Mafia for varying amounts of time lol. He's a great guy, but we just couldn't vibe in thread.

T/T doesn't involve acting. You really really believe it. I 100% think Scotty believes what he's saying about Thunal, it's part of why I think he's town. I can't understand a world where Scotty does this for any reason as a wolf. I also think Thunal believes it, but is prolly more willing to be flexible.

But really, being unwilling to be flexible and work with each other is why town loses all the time. We're all on mini crusades of one.

OK, off soapbox, gotta go make dinner, back to finish catching up shortly.

Linki, lol, and there she goes being all flexible. @Thunal33 , do you think there is any value to the wolves in how Scotty is acting *if he is a wolf*? I really don't see why a savvy wolf with a savvy teammate (and this games roster is all savvy players) would lock himself in so so hard to yeet one person. It's a suicide mission, and the last time he did it, in Don't Starve, he got himself yeeted for it. I don't imagine, if he was bad, he would choose that as a good, winning strategy.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:55 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:49 am alright it's cool

epignosis seems like a fine wagon

i would also like thunal to be one
There's nothing I love more than other people deciding what the wagons are gonna be in a game with this set up without discussing it. My favorite freaking thing.
I am not the one that voted for her, nor am I the one who voted for epi
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:27 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:55 pm

There's nothing I love more than other people deciding what the wagons are gonna be in a game with this set up without discussing it. My favorite freaking thing.
I am not the one that voted for her, nor am I the one who voted for epi
I know, I just quoted this post cause it encapsulated the point I was making. No shade intended.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:23 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:16 am @Syn so even though I’m committed to this thunal tunnel, and I think I’m correct,

When you said earlier that you think there is (more or less) a difference check between us, are you still trying to make up your mind on which of us is bad, or are you recanting that?

I... feel it's unlikely. the way you two have gone at it does not feel like theatre, and enough holes are being poked into both your approaches to the game by separate people that there is something amiss. during D1 I interpreted this as an awkward team, but during D2 it has seemed more directly oppositional

could be good acting, I guess. but for now I'm content with the simpler read that one of you has the other one pegged

I could explain why I want to flip thunal first but the logic of it is terrible and will make me look silly, so instead I'll just look at you alluringly and hope it does the trick

Have you never seen an aggressive town/town tunnel war? I would have thought we all have. You should have been here back in the day when Dharma Helper and I regularly eviscerated each other as t/t almost every game. It traumatized both of us into quitting Mafia for varying amounts of time lol. He's a great guy, but we just couldn't vibe in thread.

T/T doesn't involve acting. You really really believe it. I 100% think Scotty believes what he's saying about Thunal, it's part of why I think he's town. I can't understand a world where Scotty does this for any reason as a wolf. I also think Thunal believes it, but is prolly more willing to be flexible.

But really, being unwilling to be flexible and work with each other is why town loses all the time. We're all on mini crusades of one.

Linki, lol, and there she goes being all flexible. @Thunal33 , do you think there is any value to the wolves in how Scotty is acting *if he is a wolf*? I really don't see why a savvy wolf with a savvy teammate (and this games roster is all savvy players) would lock himself in so so hard to yeet one person. It's a suicide mission, and the last time he did it, in Don't Starve, he got himself yeeted for it. I don't imagine, if he was bad, he would choose that as a good, winning strategy.
at this point SVS I do not really know how to respond to you. every post you make about/to me can be summarized as "have you considered that you could think something else if things were different?"

if this is leading up to "scotty/thunal are town and syn is a wolf," can we please just skip to that instead of going through this dance?

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:32 pm

at this point SVS I do not really know how to respond to you. every post you make about/to me can be summarized as "have you considered that you could think something else if things were different?"

if this is leading up to "scotty/thunal are town and syn is a wolf," can we please just skip to that instead of going through this dance?
No, I'm just trying to understand your perspective, and maybe see if you'll understand mine. I do think they are t/t though. But that doesn't have anything to do with you, I'm just trying to get people to maybe see a different perspective.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:35 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:32 pm

No, I'm just trying to understand your perspective, and maybe see if you'll understand mine. I do think they are t/t though. But that doesn't have anything to do with you, I'm just trying to get people to maybe see a different perspective.
if they're t/t, who's really left? what's the team? have wolves stepped aside to let town violence transpire or were they instrumental in causing it?

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wolves ALWAYS step aside to let t/t violence transpire. It's their favorite thing.

Nothing wolves love more than civvies killing each other while they eat hotdogs and drink beer in the stands. Civvies don't need the wolves help in killing each other most games.

And i don't know who else it could be but I really don't think it's those two. We're all capable of deep wolfing.

But I couldn't be more certain that Scotty is town without actual info, and while I'm not quite that sure re Thunal, I'm still pretty sure. I'm sure enough that I'd be very embarrassed post game if she were bad.

But like I said 20 minutes ago, dinner.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D1]

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:23 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:10 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:37 pm I'll focus on clearing as many people as I can and coming to a consensus vote pool.
How’s that ‘clearing’ coming?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:41 pm
Syn wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:55 pm i am back to thunal/scotty

by the lord ruler the game is solved
Why did you suspect Scotty here?
One of thunal’s random questions. Syn answered but Thunal didn’t seem to do anything with his answer.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:45 pm I'm not feeling Epi mafia anymore. I caught him from spec in that game where he was wolf with Delta and he felt different there. Here it feels like he's throwing out takes while there it felt like he had a clear agenda.
Hmmmm
Yo, check this progression:
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:27 am Hmmmm

Yeah never mind it isn't scotty

Why don't you think I believe my reads scotty?
Slightly good look for Marmot imo.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:12 pm I don't have a scumread and it's frustrating. I feel like it would be a waste to just chop the 1 poster today. I definitely don't want to chop in Scotty, nutella, Syn, Seanzie, or SVS.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:38 pm In case there's any contention, I'd rather Seanzie die than Marmot. Let's hope this is right.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
That’s the progression of someone that casts a wide net and doesn’t actually care who goes.
Marmot slightly good look > will not vote 5 names including Seanzie > voting Seanzie over marmot.

I think she forgot who she actually suspected.
I absolutely loathe this post.

At this point we were trying to find a consensus since we had a lot of spread locked votes. If you read other peoples posts from this time frame, everyone in the thread (except Nutella who was kinda mocking us, lol) we ALL were doing this. The people trying to find someone we all could agree on vs the people who wanted to default to Rico.

I kinda pushed her to vote Sean after he had gotten a third vote. He was a null for me.

This is all about how EOD went and zero about progression. Thinal, along with Dizzy, we’re considering Rico.

This usage of what happened at EOD to somehow make a “poor progression” argument on the person least responsible for Sean’s yeet is disingenuous in the extreme to my POV.

I can’t even say how much I hate this.
ok sounds like my post disgraced your family

But does your hatred of it mean that you think I am arguing in bad faith or that I’m just too far up my own butt that I can see my brain?
The butt thing, definitely.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not mafia you goons.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:48 am hold on let me go through the stages of grief real quick

Glad I'm not your fucking relative.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:45 am Scotty's recent posts responding to SVS give me pause on him. He says that he doesn't see eye-to-eye with SVS, but on the other hand, his responses are very conciliatory in a way that he's kind of accepting what SVS is saying, which doesn't strike me as a response I would expect from him towards a player that he doesn't see eye-to-eye with. I would expect a little more challenging of viewpoints.

It could just be Scotty attempting to have good faith discussions after SVS accused him of the opposite, but that's not my gut impression.
I think he and I have a pretty good rapport, and I think (or I hope) he knows I’ll be honest, maybe even scathingly so, but it never comes from a reality place.

And I don’t think his post that I disliked was in bad faith per se, I think he was not looking at the full context. Like telling a jury Suspect X’s fingerprints were all over a crime scene without mentioning that the suspect was a regular visitor.

It’s not bad faith, it’s out of context.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:37 pm I'll focus on clearing as many people as I can and coming to a consensus vote pool.

One of thunal’s random questions. Syn answered but Thunal didn’t seem to do anything with his answer.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:45 pm I'm not feeling Epi mafia anymore. I caught him from spec in that game where he was wolf with Delta and he felt different there. Here it feels like he's throwing out takes while there it felt like he had a clear agenda.
Hmmmm

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:12 pm I don't have a scumread and it's frustrating. I feel like it would be a waste to just chop the 1 poster today. I definitely don't want to chop in Scotty, nutella, Syn, Seanzie, or SVS.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:38 pm In case there's any contention, I'd rather Seanzie die than Marmot. Let's hope this is right.

That’s the progression of someone that casts a wide net and doesn’t actually care who goes.
Marmot slightly good look > will not vote 5 names including Seanzie > voting Seanzie over marmot.

At this point we were trying to find a consensus since we had a lot of spread locked votes. If you read other peoples posts from this time frame, everyone in the thread (except Nutella who was kinda mocking us, lol) we ALL were doing this. The people trying to find someone we all could agree on vs the people who wanted to default to Rico.

I kinda pushed her to vote Sean after he had gotten a third vote. He was a null for me.

This is all about how EOD went and zero about progression. Thinal, along with Dizzy, we’re considering Rico.

This usage of what happened at EOD to somehow make a “poor progression” argument on the person least responsible for Sean’s yeet is disingenuous in the extreme to my POV.

Too bad that Scotty isn't mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Actually, Scotty continued to be open and reasonable until other people not me or Thunal started suspecting him over my post and his reaction to it.

Sorry Scotty, not my intention. But man did I hate that post lol
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:24 pm

Hmmmm

Too bad that Scotty isn't mafia.
Yeah, Sherlock, that’s what I’ve been saying. You can hate someone’s post and still think they’re town.

He’s reminding me of his game in Dont Starve, actually.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:14 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:19 am Also he just sat on the sidelines when nutella and Lime Coke were going at it.
This is still the thing about Epi that most makes me want to vote him. He was being snarky at me in a way I think could easily have come from TMI on Lime being town.

He's also compatible with Scotty.
Vote me. I don't care.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'll wait for Epi to finish catching up and choose whether he wants to play the damn game.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:29 pm Anyone else have anything they want to ask me before I ascend into the mountains?
Do you like the Yes song "Roundabout?"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:54 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:42 am Yeah she really really hates it.

As someone there in real time, you took allll of that out of context.

This is not out of your town wheelhouse, though.

My issue with your read of me was the revelation that you have “ things you look for” when I’m bad. You said you didn’t see them so far.

Did you see them in Dont Starve where you were pretty much irreconcilably convinced I was bad?

That bothers me cause this is the first time I’m hearing of it. Are you suddenly seeing them now?

By the way, I don’t hate you <3 ) just your out of context post.
Your behavior in don’t starve on D1 was making me wary, but not enough for me to vote you. Coincidentally, your voting patterns of not committing to me at end of day made me want to actually shoot you in my revenge shot. I didn’t get a chance to really see if you did more scummy things because i died.

You haven’t done the things I look for yet in this game. It has to do with voting progressions, and it hasn’t exactly pinged me yet.

For now you’re hunting and I think I believe that you believe what you’re saying.
You forget that I died the night after you were yeeted. And my beautiful role was wasted. I had a sad. So no, I didn’t do anything else wolfy cause, like you, I was town.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Don't tell anyone but I'm actually considering Thunal as a somewhat more likely hit at the moment. I will let Epi finish and see what he does but I'm not as locked into him as I was.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:59 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:14 am

K

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Scotty/Epi partners? He pays some lip service to a me/Epi team but as soon as Marmot votes Epi, he immediately votes me. I very easily could see this as trying to save Epi.
I'm not mafia. So have fun with that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:34 pm
Don't tell anyone but I'm actually considering Thunal as a somewhat more likely hit at the moment. I will let Epi finish and see what he does but I'm not as locked into him as I was.
I look forward to him finding out I don’t suspect Scotty.
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:38 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:33 pm
Is inconsistency inherently wolfy? I thought you just said inconsistency was a towny look for thunal
It's contextual. They are different types of inconsistency. Yours in the perspective on dizzy is a wolfy kind because it looks to me like you are scrambling to try to explain it away.

That said I am starting to see a possible town explanation for your scrambled signals. I just really don't like it
You and SVS can bond over how much you don’t like it
:noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:24 pm @Epignosis if you are town, which I am not inclined to believe at the moment: I encourage you to fully read my exchange with Scotty. I encourage you to make any effort to see town POV in my posts, rather than cherrypicking what you dislike and dipping. I encourage you to broaden your scope of engagement with the topics of discussion in the thread. I encourage you to provide thoughts on other players and on more than a surface level. What I've seen from you today is uninspiring and looks like a mafia member finding a single gripe to poke at while ignoring the full tapestry of interactions and not stopping to think about how townies actually think. Use your theory of mind. If you're actually town, show that you care because it certainly doesn't look like you do.
I don't care about being inspiring.

I'll do what you ask when I have a chance.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:28 pm Prediction: Epi will simply point and laugh at my quick flip-flop on Scotty and berate me for hedging again.
:meany:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:02 pm developing a low-level paranoia that epi is a hapless townie being sacrificed

too much consensus
Working my ass off is all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:06 pm nutella
SVS

Marmot
Syn

Rico
Falcon

Epi
Scotty
What the hell?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll be back after work tonight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Thunal33

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?t=2543

I missed that you asked for the link to the game where Scotty tunneled town me.

Town got cremated, and my beautiful role and the potential of a ghost friend (who ironically would have been Scotty lol) died night one with me.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Ricochet wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm D1 I thought marmot was mafia but I now feel that I'm wrong as of know I have no suspensions
is this really going to be it

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:09 pm
Ricochet wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:31 pm D1 I thought marmot was mafia but I now feel that I'm wrong as of know I have no suspensions
is this really going to be it
I know, right?

And it doesn’t even sound like Rico, either.

“No Suspensions”.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

a legitimate wolf case on rico's slot would be that a villager wouldn't do the absolute bare minimum to stay in the game, whereas a wolf would if their partner told them to just drag out the "leave the slot alone until it's handled by the host" approach (which I have the been the leader of, self admittedly) as long as possible

a problem for tomorrow I guess

ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have about an hour until I have to work again. Ask me what you will before you kill me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think falcon or Scotty is mafia.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I've tunneled townies as a wolf myself but not quite to that extent except when it was a mechanically locked claim battle. I think the d1 tunnel isn't so committal a wolf couldn't do it. For the d2 tunnel if Scotty thought he or his partner were in a bad position then it could make sense to tunnel me as a wolf to shake up the threadstate especially if he doesn't think I actually get eliminated today. I don't think he tunnels me as a wolf if he thinks the gamestate is good for wolves. He talked about being open-minded with his reads and said he wouldn't be against a Nutella elim if it came to that, which makes me wonder if he thought that was enough to pivot in future days if he needed to. It could be t/t violence and I'm more open to that idea than I was, but I'm having a hard time finding who the wolves are if not Scotty.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

It would make a little bit more sense for Scotty being so tunneled on me that he can't even imagine a world where LC would townread me without me being a PR if he were a frequent tunneler.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why did you vote me?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I looked at the Don't Starve game and while Scotty did suspect SVS, it wasn't anywhere near the level of tunneling he did on me. I have a little bit of a hard time believing he's just that wrong on me. He saw me in se7en, he saw me in Solar System, and he saw me in Art Upick. I feel like I'm clearly showing my town thought process. I wouldn't get stuck for scumreads near EoD1, I don't think I would fake tunneling Scotty as scum, and I just wouldn't fake all the thoughts I had this game. I thought town Scotty would know that.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:51 pm Why did you vote me?
Because my PoE is quite narrow and I think you fit the best. Your case on Nutella was bad in a wolfy way and you never addressed it. I feel like you're throwing out suspicion to see what sticks. As far as why I chose that moment to vote you, I wanted you to be a wagon today and I wanted to vote you before I had to leave for a few hours.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:51 pm Why did you vote me?
Because my PoE is quite narrow and I think you fit the best. Your case on Nutella was bad in a wolfy way and you never addressed it. I feel like you're throwing out suspicion to see what sticks. As far as why I chose that moment to vote you, I wanted you to be a wagon today and I wanted to vote you before I had to leave for a few hours.
But that's what I do.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Really? I think you of all people would find it obvious I'm town.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:48 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:06 pm nutella
SVS

Marmot
Syn

Rico
Falcon

Epi
Scotty
What the hell?
This was where I was at most of the day. How is that surprising?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Part of me is doubting if Epi would be this willing to die if he's a wolf, but I don't see who it is if Epi isn't one. I don't think it's a Falcon/Rico team, I think Scotty looks better if Epi is town, and Syn is the only one of my townreads that I have tinfoil on but I still don't really think it's him. I think the "just say I'm a wolf" approach to SVS is a slightly good look for Syn. I also think Epi is compatible with pretty much anyone not named Nutella or Marmot.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:04 pm
Really? I think you of all people would find it obvious I'm town.
Believable, sure. Obvious? Really?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm finally off work and can put the nutella - Scotty thing in the Viewfinder.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What is a worldhopper
Epignosis
Skeletor